Ansbach: The Next Chapter.   Posted by The Seer.Group: archive 0
The Seer
 GM, 1763 posts
 I see you
Thu 6 Jun 2013
at 02:11
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
Horace, the wrath of Issroth writ upon his face, shouts, "DIE!" and the man falls to the ground.  A moment later Ragnar shouts his ultimatim while being tended by Irael, and the elfess glances over her shoulder...and abruptly disappears.

The last standing cutthroat gulps noticeably - showing a spreading bruise upon the side of his face, he slowly leans over and drops his shortsword to the ground.

ooc: party has won the field.
Irael'Riina
 player, 161 posts
 Elf - Mystic
 ThAC0 20 / HP 14 / AC 7
Thu 6 Jun 2013
at 04:01
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
Ragnar Drapasson:
Ragnar winks his thanks at Irael.  "Marroar, next, lass."


As is her wont, Irael's mood changes like a shift of the wind. "Enough!" she barks. "Be grateful for Kirith's blessing. Now please, take your renewed strength and finish any who are slept or or otherwise downed."

She moves swiftly to Marroar and lays hands on him, begging Kirith's blessing upon him as she casts Cure Moderate Wounds:

21:00, Today: Irael'Riina rolled 11 using 2d8. CMW on Marroar.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 14:42, Thu 06 June 2013.

Crockett Broadleaf
 player, 403 posts
 Half-Elven Ranger Lvl 3
 THACO 18, HP 29, AC 4
Thu 6 Jun 2013
at 10:37
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
Crockett sees the archer break and run...and runs after him moving twice as fast as the man. When Crockett catches him, he tries to flat blade the man across the back or back of the head.
06:36, Today: Crockett Broadleaf rolled 11 using 1d20+2.

"Stop running, or I swear you're a dead man when I catch you!"
The Seer
 GM, 1765 posts
 I see you
Thu 6 Jun 2013
at 12:35
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
The blade misses, but the man stops and holds his hands out, well away from his weapons.

"Don't kill me!" he cries.

ooc: so you have 2 more prisoners (to add to the four that are trussed up).  Marroar is now up to 0 HP, and barely conscious.  Ragnar's been healed somewhat - he's still down -17 HP however.  Hyek is rushing up the slope, somewhat behind the hasted Crockett who swiftly overtakes the last archer and brings him to heel.


What do you wish to do?
Horace Auspex
 player, 591 posts
 Human Cleric Level 4
 Thac0 19 HP 15/26 AC 0
Thu 6 Jun 2013
at 13:44
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
Horace turns to the surrendering bandit facing him.

"Sit and don't move," he says simply.

He then strides over to Ragnar and says a prayer to Issoth.

OOC: Casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Ragnar healing 11 HP.

Horace then looks to the arrow lodged in his side and says another prayer, but Issoth is less attentive the second time.

OOC: Casts CLW on himself healing 2 HP.


09:41, Today: Horace Auspex rolled 2 using 2d8, dropping the lowest dice only with rolls of 1,2. CLW w Amulet.

09:40, Today: Horace Auspex rolled 11 using 2d8. CMW on Ragnar.

The Seer
 GM, 1766 posts
 I see you
Thu 6 Jun 2013
at 14:12
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
ooc: the amulet of galidor certainly has managed to come in handy after all this time.  lol.  Spider Farm was a great adventure...
Ragnar Drapasson
 player, 768 posts
 Cacophonous Norse Warrior
 THAC0: 17-HP 16/41-AC: 3
Thu 6 Jun 2013
at 18:36
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
"Where's the elf woman?  Where would she flee to?  Where's the little girl you misbegotten sons of poxy goats kidnapped?"  Ragnar's snarls carries easily:  he's still keyed up from the fight and is moving around the prisoners, kicking them into the center area where they can be closely watched.  His two-handed sword is still dripping blood.

The elf sorceress had disappeared... and she was the one who nearly turned the whole tide of battle against them.
Irael'Riina
 player, 162 posts
 Elf - Mystic
 ThAC0 20 / HP 14 / AC 7
Thu 6 Jun 2013
at 21:22
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
Irael notes softly that it is still night, and there still may be dangers about.

She quietly strides up the hill to her previous vantage point and keeps watch to see if anything or anyone else approaches the party's position.
The Seer
 GM, 1768 posts
 I see you
Thu 6 Jun 2013
at 23:10
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
The prisoners gather together, looking about fearfully, some pairs of eyes fixed on the corpse of the huge brute who'd overseen the archers.

Irael again takes up her watch while Crockett leads the last archer into camp to join his fellows.  Marroar struggles to rise under the care of Horace and Irael.

ooc: so what do you wish to do?

[Private to Hyek Talapus: Where are you?  What are you doing?]
Hyek Talapus
 player, 672 posts
Fri 7 Jun 2013
at 02:42
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
Hyek reaches the archer, sees Crockett taking charge, turns, goes back to the others, and starts searching the bodies (vlrnsing his sword on the clothin of one of them. He's quite the worse for wear and tear. Anything of interest he finds, he  lays out.

He notes whether any archers remain asleep.
Crockett Broadleaf
 player, 405 posts
 Half-Elven Ranger Lvl 3
 THACO 18, HP 29, AC 4
Fri 7 Jun 2013
at 10:15
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
"We need you to start talking," Crockett says as he paces back and forth in front of the prisoners, somewhat rapidly, swishing his sword in the air. "We've killed several of your companions...quite easily...and you are next if you don't start talking and answering questions."
And then Crockett asks the following:

1/ How many more are in your group back at the ruins?
2/ Where is the girl you captured from the caravan?
3/ Where is your boss - the drow elf?

If know one answers within a reasonable amount of time, Crockett calmly stabs one of the new prisoners in the thigh. He stabs another and another until someone starts talking or people start dying.
The Seer
 GM, 1769 posts
 I see you
Fri 7 Jun 2013
at 12:27
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
The bandits are mostly a forlorn, stunned lot as you gather them around.  As it was earlier, Clem takes the lead, says, "This was the largest portion of the troops.  You've pretty much done for us at this point - the only hope we have of staying alive is offset by the fact that at best we can hope you'll set us free in the wilds to escape as best we may."

"Her ladyship?  Who knows?  She's a crafty one, and powerful.  Like as not she's fled to fight another day...you've made a dangerous foe in that one, worse for killing her, um, bodyguard."


"The girl is in a makeshift gaol in the fortress, with two other prisoners...they're unharmed, last I knew."

He shrugs.  He is alert, and considering as he studies the group.

"A thought occurs," he continues.  "We can get you in without much bloodshed.  Such as you have naught to fear from some hobblers and gobblers, but they're entrenched, and hell on wheels with that ballista.  If we get you in, take our lot, such as it is, you'll have free reign in the fortress to scavenge what you may.  And we'll be gone lickity split."

[Private to Hyek Talapus: You note the men who had sleep cast upon them are still sleeping, but a couple are starting to slowly come around.]
Irael'Riina
 player, 163 posts
 Elf - Mystic
 ThAC0 20 / HP 14 / AC 7
Fri 7 Jun 2013
at 14:56
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
Irael maintains her position atop the hill watching for anything or anyone that may approach. She leaves the interrogation to the others down the hill. After the hectic battle she is happy to sit in silent darkness and watch.
Ragnar Drapasson
 player, 770 posts
 Cacophonous Norse Warrior
 THAC0: 17-HP 16/41-AC: 3
Fri 7 Jun 2013
at 20:07
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
Ragnar sees Hyek rummaging among the bodies.  "Talapus, don't bother.  None of that is for you, coward.  If you run from a fight, you get no loot from the fight... unless you killed that mage-elf of theirs.  THAT would be a good way to redeem yourself.

"An' sure as the piss dribbled down your legs when our mage killed your biggun, they'll be ready for us showing up like that, since the fortress'll be straight to where she runs."

Hyek Talapus
 player, 673 posts
Sat 8 Jun 2013
at 02:59
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
Hyek, mute, keeps laying out what he finds.
Ragnar Drapasson
 player, 771 posts
 Cacophonous Norse Warrior
 THAC0: 17-HP 16/41-AC: 3
Sun 9 Jun 2013
at 00:41
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
Ragnar walks over to Hyek, sword still in hand.  "Make yourself useful in some other way.  Tie up the sleepers."
Hyek Talapus
 player, 674 posts
Sun 9 Jun 2013
at 01:56
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
Hyek looks at Ragnar, shrugs, gets up, and walks away down the backtrail.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:15, Sun 09 June 2013.

The Seer
 GM, 1770 posts
 I see you
Sun 9 Jun 2013
at 14:02
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
ooc: sleepers are up by the body of the dead Captain.  fyi.

Please detail party's next series of actions.  I have Hyek by the sleepers tying them up, Ragnar overseeing his efforts, Irael keeping watch 100 yards (or so) up the hill, Marroar recovering w/ Borya and Horace nearby, and Crockett midway between Ragnar/Hyek and Borya, Horace, et. al.

Clem's given you all feedback on what enemies might remain in the keep.  Its middle night, dawn still a few hours away.
Irael'Riina
 player, 164 posts
 Elf - Mystic
 ThAC0 20 / HP 14 / AC 7
Sun 9 Jun 2013
at 18:24
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
Irael keeps her silent and solitary watch.
Hyek Talapus
 player, 675 posts
Sun 9 Jun 2013
at 19:21
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
Hyek is in the distance on the backtrail.

[Private to The Seer: Plan: To shadow the party. His love/obsession prevents him from going his own way. I didn't gat a chance to post IC to show this; the combat ended too soon. ]
Crockett Broadleaf
 player, 406 posts
 Half-Elven Ranger Lvl 3
 THACO 18, HP 29, AC 4
Mon 10 Jun 2013
at 10:59
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
After the prisoners are tied up, Crockett takes Ragnar, Horace, and Marroar aside and says, "If we are going to make a move on the ruins we better do it before sun up. The ballista group will have a harder time shooting us in the dark. I don't trust these bandits at all - a thief will say anything to spare his life."
He glances over to Hyek's position and turns back to his companions with a shake of his head. "What say you, my friends?"
Marroar Silentread
 player, 494 posts
 elf, magic user
 lvl 1, 6hp, AC6
Mon 10 Jun 2013
at 11:11
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
Marroar shrugs, "I fear, at best, I will be a shield of flesh for you all. I am not in much shape to continue on, but if we vote to go, I'll be right beside you all. What's the point of dying peacefully in your sleep after all?" odd words for a mage indeed, "Thank you Irael for the healing."
Horace Auspex
 player, 592 posts
 Human Cleric Level 4
 Thac0 19 HP 17/26 AC 0
Mon 10 Jun 2013
at 13:38
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
"I'd say the girl and the other prisoners are not likely to survive much longer. The sooner we attack the better. I can offer some healing to those that need it before we go."

"As to them," Horace says looking toward the defeated bandits, "I have no trust in those that just tried to kill us. But I also don't want to execute them all. Let's hear Clem's plan."

OOC: Who needs healing? Horace can cast CLW and has a couple of potions.
Marroar Silentread
 player, 495 posts
 elf, magic user
 lvl 1, 6hp, AC6
Mon 10 Jun 2013
at 13:47
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
OOC I'm sure I could use more since I was in the negative... I think 11. not sure how healed up I am at the moment.
The Seer
 GM, 1772 posts
 I see you
Mon 10 Jun 2013
at 14:38
Re: Ansbach: The Next Chapter
Until my return, gaze into my crystal ball:

Okay - let's get rid of that crap - took up my whole damn screen.


Synapsis:  Upon the defeat of the Succubus, the party took Elyssa into the mountains, there to light her funeral pyre.  That wasn't the only flames they saw, as in the distance thick plumes of smoke rose from the trees.  Upon arriving, the party found a merchant trained, all its guards and drovers killed, the merchant himself barely alive.

Tasked by the man to save his fair and lovely daughter from the raiders, the party set off to do just that.  After a ride of a day and a night, they came upon guardsmen watching the way into the hidden pass.  Their attack was swift and ruthless, and both guardsmen died.  With cautious intent the party then made their way into the vale itself, a wide, bowl shaped formation surrounded by mountains all around.  At an overlook, they were able to see an old fortress atop the highest point in the valley.  Beneath it, sat a quiet lake, reflecting the sky above.  A peaceful scene, or at least until two more bandits rode out from the fortress, ostensibly to relieve the guardsmen that, unknown to them, had been slain.

The guardmen, brothers, were overcome with ease, and quick thinking.  Bound, they were free with their words, hoping perhaps for mercy, or at least an opportunity to slip away when the party was engaged with their mates.  With these men's help, the party ambushed another duo some hours later.  It was but a short time afterward that forces from the keep came in force.

After a pitched battle that saw a great and terrible ogre fall beneath the furry of the party's armsmen, and a mystical battle between a woman of undoubtedly drow blood who fled in disarray, the party reconvened.

Among the topics of discussion:
1 - Save the merchant's daughter
2 - What's with the drow?
3 - Where's the loot?
4 - What are we going to do with Hyek?

The latter, the most pressing of all the business thus stated, is where we will pick up once again, in a new thread.

Cheers, and welcome back!

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:21, Wed 04 Sept 2013.