A Quiet Idyll Concludes.   Posted by The Seer.Group: archive 0
Borya, Son of Gleb
 player, 181 posts
 Human fighter
 Thac0 14 HP48 AC3
Sun 15 Nov 2015
at 06:11
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
Borya, riding alongside Ragnar nods his head..."Aye, but I have to admit, I am curious as to what still stands in Ansbach. WHat is left do you think?"

Borya will urge Nebo forward, taking point and letting the great barbarian have some rest for a change.
The Seer
 GM, 2123 posts
 I see you
Sun 15 Nov 2015
at 19:58
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
As Borya moves forward, Ragnar slows and falls to the rear.  A thought occurs, and he calls to Borya and Pompey, "The fauna has certainly taken root quickly since the city's demise.  I don't recall many parks, or thickets in the city itself."
Marroar Silentread
 player, 640 posts
 elf, magic user
 lvl 5, 28hp, AC6
Mon 16 Nov 2015
at 12:34
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
Marroar grinned, "Well, shall we investigate then my friends? Perhaps find a place to rest our heads for the night as well?"
Ragnar Drapasson
 player, 917 posts
 SWORD AND SPEAR!
 F7 THAC0:14; HP 61; AC:0
Mon 16 Nov 2015
at 14:19
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
'The place is quiet,' Ragnar notes.  'I'm of a mind to recall our companions lost.  Ach, Seelah!  Elyssa and Hyek...stout Horace.  Seems a waste now, the efforts against the fell evil we overcame here."

The northman is brooding, his recall of events unpleasant, regretful.  As the party draws near the fallen walls, there is little cause for joy - there is no gate, 'tis easy for the party to just slip through great rents in what once was a stout bulwark.

As the party travels along, they note the giants and their minions did their work well - buildings are scorched or thrown down.  Entire districts are now overgrown with new brush.

The only pleasure is a soft scent, the smell of spring.  As they pass buy copses and thickets of trees, the party notes buds on the branches, a sign of the changing seasons.

Again Ragnar wonders at the fresh growth.  "This growth is new, and hale.  I'd not have thought that such would occur so quickly."

As the party marches on, they find ample opportunity for campsites, though recalling they are deep in enemy territory.

ooc: gang, an opportunity to discuss plans, the past, whatever comes to mind.  The goal is north...Pompey, Marroar & Borya have limited knowledge of those lands, yet Ragnar is from there.  Might be an opp'y to pry him for info.
Borya, Son of Gleb
 player, 182 posts
 Human fighter
 Thac0 14 HP48 AC3
Mon 16 Nov 2015
at 23:55
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
Borya looks around and replies..."The amount of brush does seem a bit too much for how short a time this place went wild. I wonder what could have caused that? Likely we will find a safe place to spend the night because of that fact, whatever it may be."
The Seer
 GM, 2124 posts
 I see you
Tue 17 Nov 2015
at 02:43
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
Night starts to approach and you find yourself near where Ansbach's major market once stood.  There are many places available where you can create hidey holes.

ooc: okay, let's get a bit of a marching order here, and a description of who what where why and how you set up camp.  This is fairly important for multiple reasons...if someone wants to take the lead, great.

My next post will be this coming weekend.

Cheers.
Father Pompey
 player, 45 posts
 Human Cleric
 THACO 14 HP 44 AC -3
Tue 17 Nov 2015
at 03:13
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
Pompey will follow the lead of those who are more familiar with the town layout...and set up his camp spot near the others. "We need to stick together. Only the gods know what has moved in since the town was abandoned."
Marroar Silentread
 player, 641 posts
 elf, magic user
 lvl 5, 28hp, AC6
Tue 17 Nov 2015
at 13:03
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
OOC if there is anything close to an intact building that would be Marroar's first choice for a spot to rest. If not, somewhere at least a bit defensible, he's learned from Ragnar, a little. No fire, not til we know more about the town. Feel free to add to the list fellows.
Ragnar Drapasson
 player, 918 posts
 SWORD AND SPEAR!
 F7 THAC0:14; HP 61; AC:0
Thu 19 Nov 2015
at 03:10
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
"There," Ragnar said, pointing at a structure still partially upright.  That was the money lender's building, I think, at the heart of the market.

It is a stone building, at least the remnants are of brick and mortar and foundations are stone.  Two walls remains standing, a hearth tucked neatly into a corner.  Little else remains, but it is a place that offers some concealment, as well as quick exit should need arise.

Darkness has fallen, dusk coming swiftly in the late winter, and it is cold.  Still, you are well prepared, and three of you settle to rest while the fourth, Ragnar, keeps  the first watch.  There is, for obvious reasons, no fire...

OOC: Assume 3 hour watches, Pompey w/ the last so that he might pray for his spells.
Marroar Silentread
 player, 642 posts
 elf, magic user
 lvl 5, 28hp, AC6
Thu 19 Nov 2015
at 14:31
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
Marroar will take the middle watch to make better use of his keen elven eyes.


OOC
should I update spells now boss?
Borya, Son of Gleb
 player, 183 posts
 Human fighter
 Thac0 14 HP48 AC3
Thu 19 Nov 2015
at 15:59
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
Borya will keep the first watch with Ragnar. As much as he would love to light a fire and strum on his lyre, he does neither. He just sits quietly on the top of one of the remaining walls of the moneylenders building.

After a while he looks over to Ragnar and says..."Tomorrow i the light of day, we scout about here in the ruins of Ansbach, yes?"
Ragnar Drapasson
 player, 919 posts
 SWORD AND SPEAR!
 F7 THAC0:14; HP 61; AC:0
Thu 19 Nov 2015
at 16:56
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
Ragnar looks over to Borya, shrugs as if to say, 'As good a plan as any.'

Suddenly, he sits up, lifts his spear and barks, "Heed!"

His eyes shine despite the darkness, keen, unyielding as he studies the shadows some fifty strides away.  You all turn in the direction he's looking - Like a cloud pushed by the wind, a large portion of darkness breaks off and approaches at a quick rate!

ooc: roll initiative and state actions.  Time to die...or live. 
The Seer
 GM, 2126 posts
 I see you
Thu 19 Nov 2015
at 16:58
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
As the party studies the dark mass, canine yips and growls suddenly break out opposite the shadow.  The chatter concludes with a drawn out, high pitched howl you all recognize as wolfish...
Borya, Son of Gleb
 player, 184 posts
 Human fighter
 Thac0 14 HP48 AC3
Thu 19 Nov 2015
at 17:40
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
Borya stands on the top of the moneylenders wall and nocks an arrow to the string of his short bow. He aims int he direction of the movement and howling but does not let the arrow fly just yet.
Father Pompey
 player, 46 posts
 Human Cleric
 THACO 14 HP 44 AC -3
Thu 19 Nov 2015
at 18:12
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
Pompey stands up quickly, drawing steel, and facing the shadows. "Be it dark walkers or the hounds of hell, my blade will drink this night! In all things, Heironeous be praised!"

13:10, Today: Father Pompey rolled 3 using 1d6.  Initiative.
Marroar Silentread
 player, 643 posts
 elf, magic user
 lvl 5, 28hp, AC6
Thu 19 Nov 2015
at 19:25
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
Marroar waved his hands in an intricate pattern, uttering strange words and gesturing in the direction the barks and howls came from.


[Private to The Seer: Casting sleep on the dogs/wolves(whatever they actually are) if they come in range.]
The Seer
 GM, 2127 posts
 I see you
Thu 19 Nov 2015
at 19:36
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
PM

[Private to Marroar Silentread: You have no idea where they're coming from, nor how far away they may be - sound echoes strangely in the abandoned town.]
Marroar Silentread
 player, 644 posts
 elf, magic user
 lvl 5, 28hp, AC6
Thu 19 Nov 2015
at 19:53
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
PM


[Private to The Seer: Good point, let's change that to as soon as they are in view then. Wasn't even thinking about flippin echoes.]
Ragnar Drapasson
 player, 920 posts
 SWORD AND SPEAR!
 F7 THAC0:14; HP 61; AC:0
Mon 23 Nov 2015
at 03:39
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
As the swirling shadows approach, they coalesce into seven darkened beings, each about man height, each with glowing crimson eyes.  The do not walk, rather flow along the ground swiftly and with fell intent.

Rushing forward, they attack!

------------------------

Ragnar, ever alert, leaps forward with a northern song of valor upon his lips, the tip of his spear casting a grim glow in the dark of night!  He strikes true, and the first shadow dissipates as smoke does beneath the assault of a strong wind.

Ragnar's init: 6 - party gets first attack.  The shadows are down to six in number - 2 each on Ragnar and Father Pompey, one each on Borya & Marroar.
Marroar Silentread
 player, 645 posts
 elf, magic user
 lvl 5, 28hp, AC6
Mon 23 Nov 2015
at 12:19
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
Marroar quickly weaves his hands and fingers in an intricate pattern, muttering a few arcane syllables he lets his magic missiles fly at the shadow man targeting him.
Borya, Son of Gleb
 player, 185 posts
 Human fighter
 Thac0 14 HP48 AC3
Mon 23 Nov 2015
at 14:42
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
Borya lets two quick arrows fly towards the shadow reaching for him before drawing his hand axe from his belt.

09:40, Today: Borya, Son of Gleb rolled 2 using 1d6.  dam2.
09:40, Today: Borya, Son of Gleb rolled 1 using 1d6.  dam1.
09:40, Today: Borya, Son of Gleb rolled 11 using 1d20.
09:39, Today: Borya, Son of Gleb rolled 10 using 1d20.  bow thac014.

Father Pompey
 player, 48 posts
 Human Cleric
 THACO 14 HP 44 AC -3
Tue 24 Nov 2015
at 01:18
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
Pompey calls upon the name of Heironeous and attacks with his sword of disruption...

20:17, Today: Father Pompey rolled 9,6 using 1d20+2,d8+2.  Pompey attacks shadows.
The Seer
 GM, 2129 posts
 I see you
Fri 11 Dec 2015
at 02:20
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
Bolts of an azure hue fly from Marroar's fingertips, scalding a second shadow into nothingness.  Borya looses twin arrows - both seem the pass through the darkness, giving it some pause, yet it presses on.  And, Father Pompey, valiant priest, does not fail in his attempt to strike out at darkness!

----------------------------------------------------------

 The shadows are not without wiles, however, and swirl around the corporeal in attempt to draw their life forces from their bodies.  Ragnar cries out in sudden pain, shadow-touched (-5hp), as does Borya (-3hp), yet the rest of the pack are not so fortunate.

Angry, Ragnar whips out with his spear, the enchantment shining brightly through the insubstantial mist of the shadow.  Suddenly, that too devolves in a gloaming mist...

Down to 4 shadows - 2 on Pompey, 1 each on Borya and Ragnar...Marroar is free to act in defense of a companion.

1 of the shadows on Pompey seems mildly wounded.  Same with those on Borya and Ragnar.

----------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly three canine forms leap from the darkness.  Larger than dogs, their growls are of fury as they set to against the unliving gloom!


OOC: Wolves attack, then initiative restarts.  Borya and Ragnar subtract 1 point each from strength.
Marroar Silentread
 player, 646 posts
 elf, magic user
 lvl 5, 28hp, AC6
Fri 11 Dec 2015
at 15:48
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
Marroar will attack the nearest shadow, again with his magic missiles.
The Seer
 GM, 2132 posts
 I see you
Mon 21 Dec 2015
at 16:27
A Quiet Idyll Concludes
The sudden attack by the wolves seems to have thrown the spirits from the negative plane into disarray - a spear thrust by Ragnar and more of the fiery missiles that emerge from Marroar's hand are enough to do away with the remainder of the shadows.

Silence descends, stark after the brief clash and cries of battle.  Two parties stare at one another, unsure of what will happen next.


ooc: battle done.  good job, gents.