The North Wind Blows Cold...   Posted by Maenae.Group: 0
The Seer
 GM, 2145 posts
 I see you
Mon 8 Feb 2016
at 18:55
The North Wind Blows Cold...
Nonplussed by the northman's stern demeanor, the man grows suddenly reticent.

'I'd not spend a minute in that hovel of an inn,' he replied.  'Nor would I recommend any gentlefolk the same!  Had I known you to be ruffians, I would've steered Tuk away from your custom - he's sharper'n he looks, and keeps a close watch for clients of potential - thus do I earn a living in spite of harsh times.  We've only each other to lean on for support - always enough folk following the causeway through the town - but I choose whom I serve, and will not support those whose paths drift with will and wind.'
Father Pompey
 player, 63 posts
 Human Cleric
 THACO 14 HP 44 AC -3
Mon 8 Feb 2016
at 20:17
The North Wind Blows Cold...
Pompey raises an eyebrow at the man's stern rebuke, listens attentively, and then says, "I've been called many things, but never a ruffian. I can assure you, good sir, we are not such. Just honest travelers heading north. The gold I gave your son is good and hard earned. To follow the code of Heironeous, the Valorous Knight, one must dedicate one's life to three duties > duty to Heironeous and his church, duty to a Lady by treating all women respectfully, and duty to the People. It is this third duty that applies in this situation...if indeed there is immoral and unsavory sorts in this place. I should like to find out more about them so as to better root them out and thus protect good folk from their evil schemes.
"A man who loves and protects his family is indeed a good man. I applaud you for that. Your boy's behavior reflects your tutelage. Would you also help me and my companions before we move along? Tell us more about this 'hovel of an inn.' What exactly do you suspect?"

The Seer
 GM, 2146 posts
 I see you
Thu 11 Feb 2016
at 20:06
The North Wind Blows Cold...
The man stares in the direction of the inn, hidden though it is by entangled growth.  Faintly, the occasional shout or echo of laughter can be heard.

"'Tis an inn," he replied with a shrug, looking back at the party.  "At a crossroads, and rife with all the afflictions as inhabit such places.  Gluttony, drunkenness...licentiousness.  If that appeals, have at it.  But if you be all that you say, I would urge you to stay in my fair house, with rooms aplenty on the second floor and a large, warm kitchen in which to eat and relax in peace and quiet."
Garet Jax
 player, 19 posts
 1/2 Elf Druid of Ehlonna
 D7 THACO 16: HP30 AC 4
Thu 11 Feb 2016
at 20:58
The North Wind Blows Cold...
Garet steps forward from where he was watching the boy disappear.  "A warm kitchen and a place to eat gets my vote, and we are as we say Barret.  In spite of appearances, there are always a few good souls that step up when trouble brews, and we're among those number."

He walks forward towards the man, holding out his hand to indicate Barret should lead the way into the house.

"I'd be obliged if you could show us to the warm kitchen and a place to eat.  It threw everything into your favour." he grins.  "Besides I'm sure you'll have some stories to share in regards to the road ahead.  We need to know the goings on to the north, not stories and rumors from drunk halfwits."

If Barret doesn't fall back into the doorway and lead on, Jax will not invade his personal space, but patiently wait for the man to make up his mind, whilst still holding out his hand to indicate they should move the rest of this conversation indoors.
The Seer
 GM, 2148 posts
 I see you
Thu 11 Feb 2016
at 21:11
The North Wind Blows Cold...
Barret indeed hesitates as the other draws near, but soon slides a step backward and opens the door wide.

"Come in, come in," he says, his face breaking into a crooked smile.  One hand holds the door open, the other he rubs through his hair.

You all enter into a small sitting room, with a corridor leading straight and opening into a large room that is dimly lit - a den of sorts you surmise.  To the right comes real warmth and brightly lit lanterns spaced evenly around the room.  A unique flavor fills this room - obviously a kitchen - and in the center you can see a hand-crafted long table that seats as many as 12 comfortably.  Left of you is a stairway that is dimly lit by two candle like lanterns affixed to the wall.

"You can sit a moment and have some ale, or I can show you your rooms so that you might get out of your armor and into more comfortable attire.  Or, if you prefer, a bath first."
Garet Jax
 player, 20 posts
 1/2 Elf Druid of Ehlonna
 D7 THACO 16: HP30 AC 4
Thu 11 Feb 2016
at 22:39
The North Wind Blows Cold...
Garet lifts an arm slightly and takes a whiff, reporting "I'm good, but a room to dump my backpack and cloak before an ale would be great."
Father Pompey
 player, 64 posts
 Human Cleric
 THACO 14 HP 44 AC -3
Fri 12 Feb 2016
at 00:42
The North Wind Blows Cold...
"Blessings upon you and your house, Barrett, and thank you for taking us in. I should like to change and freshen up a bit before sitting down to supper. I don't require a full bath; just a warm bowl of water and a towel will do."
Marroar Silentread
 player, 662 posts
 elf, magic user
 lvl 5, 28hp, AC6
Fri 12 Feb 2016
at 03:00
The North Wind Blows Cold...
Marroar shrugged, "A decent bath would be perfect good sir, then perhaps we can dine and enjoy each others company."
Ragnar Drapasson
 player, 928 posts
 SWORD AND SPEAR!
 F7 THAC0:14; HP 61; AC:0
Fri 12 Feb 2016
at 03:56
The North Wind Blows Cold...
Ragnar says little, offers but a moment's stare toward Marroar, with a slight frown, then a shrug.

'I'll not wait on you, Mageling,' he growled.  'But I will sit and keep you company while you refresh...per our contract.'
The Seer
 GM, 2150 posts
 I see you
Fri 12 Feb 2016
at 17:26
The North Wind Blows Cold...
It is perhaps not a shock that you find the upstairs replete with multiple rooms - five in total - two doors on each side of the hall, one at the end of the hall facing you.

"Tuk'll sleep in the barn tonight," Barret says, as he opens doors inward to each room.  "There's room enough in each for two, if you're of a mind to pair up - else you can each have your own room.  Price is the same - 1gp for the night's lodgings apiece."

"If you need of me, my room's at the end of the hall.  Ring the bell, or knock and I'll be of such service as I can provide."


Once coin is passed and your decision is made, Barret adds, "The baths are in the basement.  The floor is hard packed and tiled, with a drain, so no worries if you splash a bit.  There are fresh towels hanging along the walls - it is very private, and most likely I'll not get other visitors this eventide."

"Now, unless you have further need, I'll be off to fix your dinners."


He awaits dismissal, the very picture of innkeep servitude.
Marroar Silentread
 player, 663 posts
 elf, magic user
 lvl 5, 28hp, AC6
Sat 13 Feb 2016
at 03:40
The North Wind Blows Cold...
Marroar snickered briefly, "I'll not ask you to bathe me Ragnar. Just continue as you have. I'm alive, and I'm sure it's mostly because of you.""
Father Pompey
 player, 65 posts
 Human Cleric
 THACO 14 HP 44 AC -3
Sat 13 Feb 2016
at 19:49
The North Wind Blows Cold...
"Many thanks, Barret > you have been most gracious."
Pompey gives the man a slight bow and goes to find a room for his belongings. He will then head downstairs for a quick bath before supper.
Borya, Son of Gleb
 player, 194 posts
 Human fighter
 Thac0 14 HP48 AC3
Sun 14 Feb 2016
at 14:09
The North Wind Blows Cold...
Borya thanks Garret and heads to his room where he strips down to his small clothes. Just moments later he is in the basement settling into a nice warm bath to washt he dust from the trail from his tired body.
The Seer
 GM, 2151 posts
 I see you
Mon 15 Feb 2016
at 17:57
The North Wind Blows Cold...
Garet makes his way to the kitchen, sips on an ale while awaiting the others' return from their bath.  For his part, Ragnar guards Borya, Marroar and Pompey, sitting quietly while running a whetstone first over spear blade, then over sword.

It is quiet this eventide.  Weariness sets in, compounded by the large dinner expertly prepared by Barret.  Roast chicken with a light glaze, red potatoes, mixed vegetables in butter sauce...and a light dessert of bread pudding topped with cream and cinnamon.

The night deepens now.  Weary from your travels and travails, you make your way to your beds.

ooc: Ragnar will share the room with Marroar - there are three guest rooms left.  What are the other sleeping arrangements please?
Father Pompey
 player, 66 posts
 Human Cleric
 THACO 14 HP 44 AC -3
Mon 15 Feb 2016
at 18:18
The North Wind Blows Cold...
Pompey stands and makes his way to his room. "I care not who sleeps in the same room as I. As long as they don't mind loud snoring and regular flatulence, we should get along just fine."
Borya, Son of Gleb
 player, 196 posts
 Human fighter
 Thac0 14 HP48 AC3
Mon 15 Feb 2016
at 19:14
The North Wind Blows Cold...
Borya looks at the priest then to the others and says..."I think i will take a room for myself this night."

He will also ask Barret for some rags and oil so he can clean his arms and armor.

Edit to get the name somewhat corerect:/

This message was last edited by the player at 21:13, Mon 15 Feb 2016.

The Seer
 GM, 2155 posts
 I see you
Mon 15 Feb 2016
at 19:34
The North Wind Blows Cold...
Clarification:

Barret is the keeper of this home

Garet is your new party member.

I probably should've chosen a better name...


Garet Jax
 player, 22 posts
 1/2 Elf Druid of Ehlonna
 D7 THACO 16: HP30 AC 4
Mon 15 Feb 2016
at 21:18
The North Wind Blows Cold...
OOC:  Well that does save Garet from having to tell him to use his own underclothes.  I use Garet or Jax as an interchangeable name anyway.  Jax Garet, Garet Jax he don't care.

Jax does not care if he shares a room, but if the others being better acquainted want to share and leave him to his own, he doesn't care about that either.  He will slip outside after mealtime to give thanks to Obad-Hai before he retires.
Marroar Silentread
 player, 664 posts
 elf, magic user
 lvl 5, 28hp, AC6
Tue 16 Feb 2016
at 19:33
The North Wind Blows Cold...
Marroar will let Ragnar sleep first, if he wishes to take a watch, if not, he will simply call it a night and sleep.
The Seer
 GM, 2156 posts
 I see you
Thu 25 Feb 2016
at 18:07
The North Wind Blows Cold...
Ragnar says to Marroar, "I'll sleep for three hours, then wake me."

The party settles in, Garet returning from his venture outside with a thoughtful frown, the rest of the party settling in their rooms.  While Ragnar sleeps, Marroar studies...

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:07, Thu 25 Feb 2016.

The Seer
 GM, 2157 posts
 I see you
Thu 25 Feb 2016
at 18:09
The North Wind Blows Cold...
pm
Marroar Silentread
 player, 665 posts
 elf, magic user
 lvl 5, 28hp, AC6
Thu 25 Feb 2016
at 21:20
The North Wind Blows Cold...
Marroar nods to his barbaric friend and lets the big man get his three hours of sleep before waking him.
Garet Jax
 player, 23 posts
 1/2 Elf Druid of Ehlonna
 D7 THACO 16: HP30 AC 4
Thu 25 Feb 2016
at 22:01
The North Wind Blows Cold...
Whilst out and about Garet also catches up with his wolves, having left them specific instructions as they headed into the more built up area.
The Seer
 GM, 2158 posts
 I see you
Thu 25 Feb 2016
at 22:49
The North Wind Blows Cold...
pm
Garet Jax
 player, 24 posts
 1/2 Elf Druid of Ehlonna
 D7 THACO 16: HP30 AC 4
Fri 26 Feb 2016
at 01:09
The North Wind Blows Cold...
PM