The North: The Ram's Head Inn 2.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
DM Kindred
 GM, 76 posts
Wed 2 Aug 2006
at 17:49
The Ram's Head Inn 2
Welcome to the Ram's Head Inn, one of the sturdiest buildings in the North, frigid region of harsh winds and cold nights.

The inn is three stories high and sits atop a steep hill.  From the top floor rooms, lodgers have an unobscured view for miles around.

Located on the outskirts of Deadsnows, the Ram's Head is home to a few regulars, but mostly new faces pass through nightly while the weather is good and the trails in and out of Deadsnows allow for passage.

Rates here are fair, as is the food.  The drink is strong and even the heartiest of souls can find something on the list of "drinks from many lands" that could send them under the table.

The owner is Bruuna Thundersky, a tall dwarven woman with slate grey hair and matching eyes.  Her smile is quick to come and quicker to fade.  She understands the need for customers, but does not suffer fools or fighters well.  Those wishing to brawl are invited to do so in the pigpen out back.  More than one duel to the death has been witness by the hogs and pigs Bruuna keeps back there.  And some whisper the remains of losers become either feed for the creatures or tomorrow's stew.

Brunna is helped by Mirylissa, a slender half-elven woman with icy blue eyes and stark white hair.  She is a user of magic of some sort, but no one is quite sure what spells she knows or what god she may worship.

A bard named Wyvern Hundredyards entertains in the inn about twice a tenday.  His songs are usually light and fun to sing along with, but when a serious mood hits, he can bring a hush to the house that feels oppressive at times.  Wyvern has been to most corners of Faerun and is a good, but expensive source of information of all sorts.

-------------------------------

Come in out of the cold!  Find a seat, order a drink or a meal, and enjoy your stay!

Madras you have Just entered the inn. It is somewhat empty at this time (3 hours after sunrise but you see a bard tuning his instrument as well as the serving staff serving a couple meals and drinks.
Madras
 player, 3 posts
 Init +1, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 2 Aug 2006
at 20:36
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
   As he hangs his cloak up on a peg near the entrance, Madras takes a look around the common room of the Ram's Head, noting the oversized stuffed head of a dire boar hanging above the bar.  He finds an unoccupied table in the middle of the room and takes a seat, shrugging off his pack with obvious relief.
   When the ivory-haired half-elf comes to his table, his eyebrows perk up with obvious interest.  That's a shade rarely seen amongst the People, he thinks.  Letting a broad grin smother his face, he greets her.  "Well met, miss.  I'd like a tallglass of something mild, and whatever's being served for breakfast.  And, if you've a mind, I've a joke to tell you."
   She gives him a dubious look, then agrees.
   "All right.  Kindly ask me, 'What is the most important part of a good joke?'"
   She hesitates a moment, then says, "All right.  What's the most impor--"
   "Timing!"
   Shaking her head, she departs to get his order.  Madras just grins even more widely, if that's possible.
DM Kindred
 GM, 78 posts
Wed 2 Aug 2006
at 23:25
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Mirylissa leaves shaking her head and and a soft chuckle escapes her as she heads off to fill Madras' order. She returns soon with his meal, it seems to be some sort of porridge with berries added in for extra flavour. She brings him a glass of Milk as well as a glass of fruit juice. The milk comes with the meal. The juice is for the joke She gives Madras a quick smile and then heads off to serve other customers.

Meanwhile the bard starts to play a flute the music nice enough to make the day a little brighter but nothing to really write home about.
Madras
 player, 4 posts
 Init +1, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Thu 3 Aug 2006
at 01:05
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
   Madras prays to Lathander, requesting his blessing over the meal and its providers, before sampling his porridge.  Apparently pleased with the results, he spoons up the contents with vigor, pausing occasionally for a drink.
   Wonder what today's going to bring, he muses.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 38 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Thu 3 Aug 2006
at 03:17
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Lynx walks into the inn, hefting a huge sigh after walking throughout the night.  Walking to an empty table closest to the fire, he makes sure that there are enough chairs for him and his comapanions, who remain outside making sure that they were not stalked by unwanted visitors.

Lynx takes a seat and calls over the waitress, "M'lady, I would like to order breakfast for three, my companions shall be in momentarily, and a little something to warm the soul if you please." he orders, obviously exhausted and cold, as he still keeps his cloak on.
DM Kindred
 GM, 79 posts
Thu 3 Aug 2006
at 03:25
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Recognising Lynx as one of the adventurers who left with Landoo, she nods emphatically and runs into the kitchen. Moments later the burly innkeeper walks out and approaches Lynx. What of Landoo's caravan? She says in tones a mix of apprehension and fear.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 39 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Thu 3 Aug 2006
at 03:54
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
With a calm expression, Lynx explains, "He cut us loose  and ran South, thinking of only himself, after we got attacked, after the boy got taken...the Malarites have the boy, I am certain of that.  Amras, Yeamon, and I decided to return to gain our bearings and decide where to head to next.  We want to find the boy, but we have no idea where to start.
Madras
 player, 7 posts
 Init +1, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 4 Aug 2006
at 22:07
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
   Some prayers are answered more promptly than others, Madras thinks as he finishes off his meal.  Trying not to be obvious about it -- but fully aware that he might be failing miserably -- he pays closer attention to the newcomer, hoping to gain a little more information.  Such as whether or not he and his companions need assistance.
DM Kindred
 GM, 82 posts
Fri 4 Aug 2006
at 22:29
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Bruuna listens crefully to what Lynx says very carefully Durn Halfling! No backbone. she curses under her breath in what sounds like dwarven and then she headed off. When she got about ten feet from you Lynx she turns around and says I'll be back elf. Ye jes stay right there.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:52, Mon 07 Aug 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 60 posts
 HP 26/20  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sun 6 Aug 2006
at 22:23
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Yeamon, satisfied the group has not been followed, doubles back toward the inn. As he reaches the door, and Amras, he realises Lynxalthian has already gone ahead inside.

"I suggest we join our friend," the monk offers earnestly. With that, he pushes back the inn's heavy door, and after taking a moment to let his eyes adjust to the gloom and smoke within, goes in.

Inside he spots Lynx, in conversation with Brunna, and heads toward the bard as Brunna rises and walks away.
Amras Telperien
 player, 242 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 7 Aug 2006
at 10:14
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Nodding to Yeamon Amras calls out to Linwe, "Go rest my friend, we will be here for the night." he says to the leopard. Looking up Linwe just stares for a moment before turning and disappearing into the undergrowth.

Following Yeamon through the door Amras follows him to the bar.
DM Kindred
 GM, 84 posts
Mon 7 Aug 2006
at 18:57
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Lynx is sitting at the table that Brunna just vacated. You all join him and in no time at all Brunna returns with a bag that looks very heavy even for the strong Dwarven woman. She drops it on the table with a loud thud. 200 gold pieces in there boys! If ye find tha boy I could see myself givin ye another 2 hunnerd. She shakes her head Ye all could use a healer though. Those Malarites are not to be toyed with. There has been a lot of strange goings on of late. The killing of the boys family the least of the difficulty.
Madras
 player, 8 posts
 Init +1, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Mon 7 Aug 2006
at 22:39
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Brunna's statement is punctuated by the appearance of a smiling Chondathan, the radiant sunrise of Lathander prominently displayed on his armor -- and on a shield resting against a table nearby.  "Looks like good timing for all of us," he says.  "I'm Madras, Awakened of Lathander.  I understand you're needing some help?"
Amras Telperien
 player, 244 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 8 Aug 2006
at 07:27
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
"The right help is always welcome. I am Amras of the High Forest. This is Lynx and this is Yeamon." replies Amras. "However excuse the question but why would you want to join us when you know nothing of us?
Madras
 player, 9 posts
 Init +1, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Tue 8 Aug 2006
at 08:40
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
"Well," he begins.  "I could determine the veracity of your statements easily enough, though it might seem a little intrusive.  But how many people of dubious intent are going to admit they're trying to find a lost child?  People like that wouldn't've introduced themselves, nor posed that question.

"Rather, I believe that my own path brought me here just so that I'd be in a position to help you.  Besides, anything a Malarite schemes can't be a good thing.  The only type I'd trust less is a Sharran."
  As he mentions the name of the goddess of darkness and secrets, Madras places his hand over his chest, fingers splayed -- a benediction to his own deity.
Amras Telperien
 player, 245 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 8 Aug 2006
at 08:44
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
"I thank you for your honesty and personally your offer of help is well timed. What do you two say?" he asks looking across at the others.
Yeamon
 player, 61 posts
 HP 26/20  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 8 Aug 2006
at 11:02
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
"So be it," Yeamon's deep voice utters after a pause, during which his dark eyes have been staring into the newcomers. Then, he offers a meaty hand to Madras. "Brother Yeamon."

The introduction is frosty by anyone's standards. Amras and Lynx are probably now getting accustomed to the monk's manner, and understand that no threat is meant by it.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:03, Tue 08 Aug 2006.

Madras
 player, 10 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Tue 8 Aug 2006
at 20:22
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Apparently unfazed by the tone of the introduction, Madras takes the offered hand, clasping it warmly.  "What order are you with, Brother?"
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 40 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 8 Aug 2006
at 23:40
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Lynx stands up and extends his hand in welcome, "I am Lynx Kanan, a storyteller, troubadour, or bard, whichever you want to call me, from Silverymoon.  Please join us for breakfast, we should be expecting ours soon.  Sorry but I didn't expect another to sit with us or I would have ordered enough for four.

Lynx turns to Brunna, "Madam, we would very like to fine the boy, but right now we are without leads and rest.  Either of which would be quite helpful right now.
DM Kindred
 GM, 85 posts
Wed 9 Aug 2006
at 01:48
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Bruuna nods. I will find the information ye need. ye jes rest up and be rready to set out tommorow.
DM Kindred
 GM, 86 posts
Thu 10 Aug 2006
at 01:49
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Does anyone want to do anything before I move the story on? Brunna informs you that she will have the location of the camp before dawn so when you set out you will have the info you need. The party needs to rest anyway so tomorrow mornig you will set out.
Madras
 player, 11 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Thu 10 Aug 2006
at 09:03
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
I'll tend any injuries, then prep the same spells I've got right now.  Unless there's an obvious need for something specific.
Amras Telperien
 player, 246 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 10 Aug 2006
at 09:10
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
"Sounds like tomorrow could be a busy day. Let us get an early night, then early tomorrow Bruna will hopefully give us some information and we can go and rescue the boy." says Amras looking at the others.

Turning to the newcomer Madras he asks, "Have you a mount or are you on foot?"
Madras
 player, 12 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Thu 10 Aug 2006
at 10:40
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
"I'm on foot," Madras replies.  "Not to worry, though, I'm in very good shape.  Walking won't bother me at all."
Amras Telperien
 player, 247 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 10 Aug 2006
at 10:43
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
"Well depending on the area we are going we may all go on foot." replies Amras.

Going silent for a while he concentrates on finishing off his food and drink before turning in for the night.
Yeamon
 player, 62 posts
 HP 26/20  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 10 Aug 2006
at 11:36
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
OOC: happy to move the story on. What shall we do about HP recovery?
Madras
 player, 13 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Thu 10 Aug 2006
at 19:06
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Madras puts his hand on Yeamon's shoulder, asking Lathander to grant renewal of the flesh and mending of the spirit.  Yeamon's wounds close up; there isn't even a scar.

[14:05, Today: Madras rolled 9 using 1d8+3. Cure Light Wounds (CL 3rd).]
Yeamon
 player, 63 posts
 HP 26/20  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sat 12 Aug 2006
at 08:03
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Yeamon graciously accepts the healing spell of Madras. Then turns in for the night.
DM Kindred
 GM, 87 posts
Tue 15 Aug 2006
at 20:15
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Sorry guys had a rough couple of days. I'll have an update for you tonight or by the latest tomorrow.
DM Kindred
 GM, 88 posts
Thu 17 Aug 2006
at 20:27
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
The rest of the Day goes by uneventfully and the Party turns in for the night. The next morning as you come down to the common room for breakfast delightful smells assail your nostrils. The smell of fresh baked bread and freshly squeezed juices the most prevalent. Lynx, Amras and Yeamon are seated at a table with Madras awaiting breakfast when The Innkeeper arrives acompanied by a human. Ye all have breakfast on tha house this morn, as well as yer rooms last night. Its the least I can do ta help ye as ye are doing something for the town. Better than that durn halfling at any rate! Your hostess then introduces you to the man at her side, This be Daven. He is the help I was tellin ye about. He knows the way to the Malarite base in the woods. Now rescue the boy please. Who knows what those evil bastards are doing to him.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 3 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 17 Aug 2006
at 21:16
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
So you are the people I have heared tales about. Well I'm here to help you. Pleased to meet you all and I allready know your names, but not the faces. Is it at ones you want to travel or do you want to wait. He look at all the others and soon get another chaire to the table.

OCC:
Just to give you an idea abouth how Daven looks like here you go:
Davan is a long man that reahes almost 6 feet in height. He is in excelent condition. He has a agile body. His hear is long and streight. It's as dark as the night, but when the sun hits it it sort of have shine to it. He has it in a long tail that flows down his back. His eyes are also dark and seem to go on for ever and ever. He wears a black painted studded leather with red markings on it. Some runes and some just cult drawings. He has a red dragon on his back and a tigre painted on his cheast part of his armor. He has a somewhat well made and well used haversack on his back and it seems to not bother him at all. He has a light smile on his face most of the time with the exception when he is stressed or consentrating on things. On his hip ther hangs a few weapons amongs them a very well crafted rapier and crossbow. The crossbow comes with a box full of bolts with red feathers on them. He also wears a beautiful cloak made out of silk. this also have red markings on it.

DM Kindred
 GM, 89 posts
Thu 17 Aug 2006
at 21:21
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2


PM
Madras
 player, 14 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 18 Aug 2006
at 00:27
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
"Well, as soon as we've eaten, I'm ready to go.  I don't think waiting much longer will help."

[OOC: I'm assuming I've already had an hour to pray and prepare spells.  Should I let everyone know what spells I'm carrying?]
DM Kindred
 GM, 90 posts
Fri 18 Aug 2006
at 00:36
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Yes you have. I assumed you would do that before you went to the common room. Its up to you whether you tell the other pc's or not as long as you do it IC.
Yeamon
 player, 64 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 18 Aug 2006
at 07:01
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Yeamon's eyes narrow at the introduction of yet another newcomer. Unused to mixing with groups, the monk begins to feel the stress of accepting so many new people. After all, it's not as if they are fellow members of the order.

Seeing the relative comfort with which Amras and Lynx welcome the new man, Yeamon does his best to relax. After listening to Daven introduce himself, the monk nods, and pulls a face that he hopes is a smile. "I am ready," he says calmly in his deep low voice.
Amras Telperien
 player, 249 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 18 Aug 2006
at 07:31
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
"Welcome Daven, I am Amras." Amras replies, "Well let us finish breakfast and head out. If we are heading for the forest I suggest we remain on foot."
Yeamon
 player, 65 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sat 19 Aug 2006
at 10:00
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Yeamon finishes a meagre bowl of bread and seeds before making his way outside to perform his routine of stretching and jogging.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 4 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 19 Aug 2006
at 14:38
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
He looks at the bunch. It seems like a close knitted groupe. Well then it's time to go. I'll be waiting outside for your. He moves out the door and takea  breath of fresh air. He could fell the adrenalin pump allready. He arms his crossbow and keep it out.
Madras
 player, 15 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sat 19 Aug 2006
at 21:25
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Madras asks for Lathander's blessing on their provisions, thanking him for his generosity.  He then proceeds to wolf down everything that's been placed in front of him, grabs his pack, and hurries out the door.
Amras Telperien
 player, 250 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 21 Aug 2006
at 11:13
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Finishing his breakfast Amras picks up his belongings and heads outside. Letting out a whistle he waits for Linwe to appear.

Once all the group are together he says, "Right let's head out and get this boy back. Now do we want to split the 200 gold now or just hold onto it for now?"
Madras
 player, 16 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Mon 21 Aug 2006
at 11:15
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Madras can't help but laugh.  "Sure, I'll take my share now."  It's obvious he's joking.
Amras Telperien
 player, 251 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 21 Aug 2006
at 12:46
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Smiling Amras looks across at Madra "Just checking, don't want to be accused  of thievery now do I!"  he replies with a laugh.

"Daven, did you say you know the way? If so lead on!"
DM Kindred
 GM, 91 posts
Mon 21 Aug 2006
at 16:33
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
The journey is two days travel through mostly forested regions. Its all wilderness around here. The first days travel is uneventful and the only problem you have is the occasional spot of dense underbrush that you have to hack through.


If you guys are gonna camp for the night I'll need to know who are taking the watches and in what order.
Madras
 player, 17 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Mon 21 Aug 2006
at 16:43
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
[OOC: I've got the morning watch.  I'm going to be up at the crack of dawn anyway, so I might as well make myself useful.]
Daven Darkbane
 player, 5 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 21 Aug 2006
at 17:07
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
OCC: I would be most on watch. i only need 2 hours of sleep.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 41 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Mon 21 Aug 2006
at 19:10
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
OOC:  I can watch with someone during the night, while I only need 4 hours of sleep/meditation, I still need to rest though to regain spells.
Yeamon
 player, 66 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Mon 21 Aug 2006
at 19:49
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
As the group comes to a halt, Yeamon suggests those of elf blood take the watches in the dead of night, taking advantage of their keen eyesight.

With a calm assurance he sets out a routine, as if it were the days meditations and tasks to be completed at the monestary. "I will rise early, with Madras. Amras, why don't take first watch by yourself. You are a capable fighter and your wolf can help you patrol. Daven and Lynx, you can take the middle watch."

The monk then unshoulders his pack and unfurls his bedroll, seemingly not expecting a debate on the issue.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 6 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 21 Aug 2006
at 21:49
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Daven lsugh a little. Sir I need not much sleep. Only a small haour or two and I'm just as recharged as you are after 8. I'll be awake most of the night, so why not let me sleep for a few hours and I'll keep watch from when I get up to when we leave. Daven also rolls out his bedroll and waits for some word on his plan so far.
Amras Telperien
 player, 252 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 21 Aug 2006
at 22:13
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
"Wolf, wolf, don't say that too loud. She is a forest leopard my friend." says Amras with a laugh, "and no I don't mind taking first watch."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 07:29, Tue 22 Aug 2006.

Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 42 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 22 Aug 2006
at 06:04
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
"We all know we don't want to hurt her feelings. says Lynx with a chuckle.  "I have no problem taking mid watch with Daven.  Gives me a chance to learn a bit about our new friends. he says with a smile on his face.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:04, Tue 22 Aug 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 67 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 22 Aug 2006
at 06:41
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Slightly embarrassed about his obvious lack of animal knowledge, Yeamon keeps quiet and beds down for the night.
DM Kindred
 GM, 92 posts
Tue 22 Aug 2006
at 21:58
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Amras. Spot an listen checks please.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 7 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Tue 22 Aug 2006
at 22:04
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Daven goes into a deep slumber and rest well or at least to something may wake him up.
Amras Telperien
 player, 253 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 22 Aug 2006
at 23:10
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
PM
DM Kindred
 GM, 94 posts
Thu 24 Aug 2006
at 21:30
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
The campfire burns low in the middle of Amras' watch. As he throws some more lumber on the fire he thinks he hears a noise off to the north. Linwe stands up and begins to growl low in her throat while sniffing the air.
Amras Telperien
 player, 257 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 24 Aug 2006
at 22:08
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Moving slowly he moves across to the others, giving them slight nudges he whispers, "We are being watched. Wait here I will go and have a look." .

Giving a low whislte he joins Linwe and heads off in the direction of the noise. Moving slowly he tries to get the fire behind him to allow his elven sight to aid him.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 9 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 24 Aug 2006
at 22:34
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Daven stands up and start to make ready for a fight. He checks his equipment and try to get a position by either sight or noise. Hopefully this would just be a animal looking at what rest near the light and it would go away.

OCC:
00:33, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 21 using 1d20+8. listen.
00:33, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 17 using 1d20+8. spot.

Yeamon
 player, 71 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 25 Aug 2006
at 17:26
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Yeamon reaches up to Daven as he stands, trying to stop him. "Wait," he whispers, but just to late to prevent the rogue from readying his equipment.

"Now we have alerted our watchers!" the monk curses in a low voice. Without standing himself, Yeamon slowly and carefully unhooks his kama from his belt under the cover of his robe.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:47, Fri 25 Aug 2006.

Madras
 player, 22 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 25 Aug 2006
at 18:37
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Madras checks to make sure his weaponry is within reach, but doesn't get up.  When Daven gets up, despite Yeamon's warning, he whispers, "Well, let's see what they think of that, eh?  You ready for a fight, Brother?"
Daven Darkbane
 player, 10 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 25 Aug 2006
at 21:11
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Daven whispers to Yeamon They wher allreay awear if they have any brains that they have been noticed when your friend wake everybody up. Lay down againe. I shall try and save the situation. I'll go the other way and make it seem as I'm thinking about going to take a shit. He sheat his weapon and start moving in the other direction then the guard had been.
DM Kindred
 GM, 95 posts
Sat 26 Aug 2006
at 04:22
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
I'm gonna give lynx till tomorrow to post then Ill do an update. If he doesn't Ill update anyway just wann give him some time.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 44 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sat 26 Aug 2006
at 04:25
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Lynx wakes up and looks around trying to figure out what is going on.  "Yeamon, what's going on?" Lynx asks in a low whipser.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 21:52, Sat 26 Aug 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 72 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sat 26 Aug 2006
at 07:44
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Yeamon turns at Lynx's question and slowly puts his finger to his lips. Then he points the finger around in a twirl, indicating their surrounds, before finally pointing back to his own eye and then turning it toward Lynx himself.
DM Kindred
 GM, 96 posts
Tue 29 Aug 2006
at 00:02
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Amras, how far away are you from Linwe?
Amras Telperien
 player, 258 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 29 Aug 2006
at 07:42
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
OOC: Linwe is probably 10 feet away in front of him.
DM Kindred
 GM, 97 posts
Tue 29 Aug 2006
at 17:43
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Amras


Everybody Else:

The party hears when Linwe starts wailing piteously. It doesn't seem like she is in pain but just annoyed somewhat

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:50, Tue 29 Aug 2006.

Madras
 player, 23 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Tue 29 Aug 2006
at 17:46
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Madras glances over to Yeamon, and whispers, "That doesn't sound good."
DM Kindred
 GM, 98 posts
Tue 29 Aug 2006
at 17:51
Combat
Here is how I do Initiative. I roll for the party and for the Enemy. 1 time for each. I use the average inititive modifier for both groups to work out the total modifier. The party acts on the same initiative the enemies act on the same initiative. What I have found is this speeds up combat. The PC's can post in any order they want. Combat is about to start you can each do something before the combat round begins.

P.s. Finding the enemy is a good choice.
Yeamon
 player, 73 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 29 Aug 2006
at 19:12
Re: Combat
On hearing the priest's words, Yeamon turns from Lynx back to Madras: "Hmm. I'll go after Amras. Watch my back."

With that the monk rolls over onto his feet, and makes his way at normal speed through the wood toward Linwe's moan.
Madras
 player, 25 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Tue 29 Aug 2006
at 21:50
Re: Combat
Madras scrambles to his feet, making sure to pick up his weapon along the way.  Before Yeamon gets too far, Madras touches his arm.  "Wait.  Light to see by."  He then asks Lathander to reveal the way, creating a point of radiance in whatever he is offered.

[OOC: Giving up my guidance spell to spontaneously cast light on something of Yeamon's.  If he'd rather not carry a light source, I'll cast it on my own weapon instead.]
Amras Telperien
 player, 259 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 29 Aug 2006
at 22:02
Re: Combat
Erm DM you typed Amras but then I see nothing. Did you mean to type something?
DM Kindred
 GM, 100 posts
Tue 29 Aug 2006
at 22:51
Re: Combat
Sorry I spelt your name wrong in the private message thing. Check now.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 11 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Tue 29 Aug 2006
at 23:07
Re: Combat
Daven did not like this at all he quickly joines thet others for the fight. His rapier is drawn and he was ready for combat. He moves right to the right of the other two men.
Amras Telperien
 player, 260 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 29 Aug 2006
at 23:26
Re: Combat
Moving slowly Amras makes his way towards Linwe with his swords drawn.

00:25, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 29 using 1d20+11. Move silently.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 45 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 30 Aug 2006
at 04:59
Re: Combat
Lynx quickly gets up and draws his shortbow.  He then follows close behind the others to help Amras.
DM Kindred
 GM, 101 posts
Fri 1 Sep 2006
at 20:55
Re: Combat
While Amras is moving towards Linwe he sees something come out of nowhere and hit her. He doesn't have anytime to figure out what it is before he is hit. Two creatures drop from the trees one beside Amras, one beside Linwe. Both Amras and Linwe are bitten by the creatures. Fort Saves Please. The party can now act.Amras is 20 ft from the rest of the party Linwe is 30 ft away. Both are wrapped in webbing and two ettercaps just attacked them. The Ettercap that bit Amras is between the party and Amras and the one that bit Linwe is between Amras and Linwe.
Amras Telperien
 player, 261 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 1 Sep 2006
at 22:39
Re: Combat
23:38, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 23 using 1d20+5. fort save - amras.
23:37, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 22 using 1d20+5. Fort save.

PM:
Daven Darkbane
 player, 12 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 1 Sep 2006
at 23:20
Re: Combat
Daven moves into flanking position and stabs his blade into his opponent, however weak it was. He lokks on in horror as the things attack. Atleast they would overpower them soon.

OCC:
01:14, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 7 using 2d6. sneak attack.
01:13, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 1 using 1d6. damage.
01:13, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 11 using 1d20+8. attack.

Madras
 player, 26 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sat 2 Sep 2006
at 03:45
Re: Combat
Madras holds his morningstar aloft, calling upon the Morninglord to see his allies win the day.  A burst of energy radiates from the weapon, bathing everyone in a reassuring light and bolstering their spirits.  When the light fades, he advances on the battle.

[Casting bless, which catches everyone in its radius.  +1 morale bonus on attacks and saves against fear.  Then a move action to get closer to the fight.]
Yeamon
 player, 74 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sat 2 Sep 2006
at 10:52
Re: Combat
OOC: Prefer not to have the light Madras

Yeamon stops instantly at the sight of the monstrous creatures dropping out the trees. He'd not been expecting this sort of attack, instead he had thought they were being watched by Malarite cultists.

As Madras catches up, Yeamon ushers him on, past him, with his left hand. With his right he reaches up into the neck of his robe, fingering the small mummified hand on his cord necklace. Turning back toward the campfire, he points toward a burning log. It rises up into the air and glides through dark toward the monk.
Amras Telperien
 player, 262 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Sat 2 Sep 2006
at 21:56
Re: Combat
Angry at being caught in the web Amras attempts to break free. Despite his best attempt the web holds fast and he remains stuck.
DM Kindred
 GM, 102 posts
Sun 3 Sep 2006
at 00:53
Re: Combat
While Amras tries desperatly to free himself from the webbing his companions spring into action. Yeamon sends the burning log through the air. It illuminates the forest and sends eerie shadows dancing across the forest floor. It lands on trap that Linwe accidentally stumbled upon. In a flash the trap burns leaving linwe now able to shake off the remaining webs. She roars in anger and looks around preparing to maul the nearest enemy. Meanwhile Madras' light bathes everyine in a pale glow for a few seconds as Lathander's blessing touches their hearts. Meanwhile, Daven manages to get behind the creature and strikes with huis sword but the Ettercap deftly ducks under the thrusting blade.

In response the creatures launch attacks of their own, The ettercap between Amras and Daven ignores Amras as he is still stuck in its web. He turns and bites at Daven following it up with two claw attacks. Lucky for Daven the creature's attacks go awry. Linwe didnt fare so well. The creature attacking her managed to hit her with opne of its claw attacks but she shakes off the insignificant damage and growls low.


Party's Turn!!!
Madras
 player, 28 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sun 3 Sep 2006
at 07:58
Re: Combat
Madras closes the remaining distance to the aberrations, making sure his shield is in place.  "Foul creature of darkness, you'll not see the dawn!" he yells as his morningstar, still bathed in light, smashes into the ettercap's face.  There is a sickening crunch as one of the spikes takes out an eye.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:59, Sun 03 Sept 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 76 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sun 3 Sep 2006
at 10:24
Re: Combat
Yeamon charges through the undergrowth toward the creature in combat with Daven, nimbly weaving through the trees, his kama glinting in the light from Madras's spell.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:28, Sun 03 Sept 2006.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 13 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 3 Sep 2006
at 13:48
Re: Combat
Daven trys to feint his enemy and quickly stabs his blade into his opponent. Atleast he hope.

OCC:
15:46, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 6 using 2d6. sneak attack damage.
15:46, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 5 using 1d6. damage.
15:46, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 10 using 1d20+6. bluff.
15:45, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 20 using 1d20+6. attack.

Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 46 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 5 Sep 2006
at 05:52
Re: Combat
OOC: Sorry guys, found myself without any internet this last weekend unfortunately.  Everything is in order now.

Lynx follows closely behind and is taken back by the appearance of the Ettercaps.  He surely wasn't expecting them.  After a few moments, Lynx finally notices that his friends had engaged the Abberations and jumps in with his bow firing at the one Linwe was about to fight.



00:51, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 22 using 1d20+6. Bow Attack.
00:51, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 4 using 1d6. Bow Damage.

Amras Telperien
 player, 263 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 5 Sep 2006
at 07:24
Re: Combat
Finally breaking free of the webbing Amras tightens his grip on his swords and moves in one of the ettercaps.
DM Kindred
 GM, 103 posts
Wed 6 Sep 2006
at 02:31
Re: Combat
I will post the summary after I know what Linwel does.

  | 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 A|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |A
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 B|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |B
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 C|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |C
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 D|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |D
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 E|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |EC|Li|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |E
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 F|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |MA|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |F
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 G|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |G
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 H|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Da|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |H
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 I|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |EC|Ym|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |I
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 J|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |At|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |J
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 K|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Ly|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |K
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 L|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |L
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 M|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |M
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 N|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |CF|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |N
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 O|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |O
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 P|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |P
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 Q|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Q	
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 R|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |R
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 S|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |S
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 T|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |T
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 U|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |U
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 V|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |V
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 W|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |W
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 X|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |X
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 Y|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Y
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 Z|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Z
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
  | 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|



Amras   : AT
Linwe   : Li
Yeamon  : Ye
Madras  : MA
Daven   : DA
Lynx    : Ly
Ettercap: EC


Camp Fire: CF

Amras Telperien
 player, 264 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 6 Sep 2006
at 07:33
Re: Combat
LInwe's growl turns into a roar as she pounces at one of the ettercaps.
DM Kindred
 GM, 104 posts
Wed 6 Sep 2006
at 22:30
Re: Combat
As the fight begins to get more heated the branch Yeamon sent to the woods gives some amount of light so those doing battle can clearly see what is happening. Madras brings his weapon to bear and the ettercaps face seems to sink in from the force of the blow. Before the ettercap can respond an arrow comes floating in burying itself in its chest. Lynx smiles to himself knowing that it was a well placed shot. Linwe uses that momentary diversion to sink her teeth into the creature holding it mercilessly as she rakes with her claws.

Amras finally bursts free from the webbing and is able to distract the second creature long enough for Daven to slip his blade into a vital area. Yeamon, running in attacks with his weapon but gets his foot caught in the webbing that had up till recently been wrapped around Amras. He manages not to fall but his attack was wasted that round.

The ettercap engaged with Linwe tried to escape but to no avail.  The other one tries to bite Yeamon and then swings its claws at the other two combatants but seemed a little confused by all the attention it was recieving and its attacks went awry.

You guys are up again.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 15 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 6 Sep 2006
at 22:31
Re: Combat
Seen as Daven finally has somebody to help flank the beast he stabs his blade deep withing it. He strikes true and very good also.

OCC:
12:56, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 7 using 2d6. sneak attack.
12:56, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 4 using 1d6. damage.
12:56, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 25 using 1d20+8. attack.
Madras
 player, 29 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 6 Sep 2006
at 22:53
Re: Combat
Pressing his shield forward to further distract the abomination, Madras yells, "Ha ha!  We've got them now!  Let's finish them off!" as he swings his morningstar around, catching the creature under the jaw and snapping its head back in a spray of blood.

[Five-foot step to E10 to flank.
17:50, Today: Madras rolled 21 using 1d20+8. Melee attack, flanking.
17:50, Today: Madras rolled 9 using 1d8+2. Damage.
]
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 47 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Thu 7 Sep 2006
at 04:09
Re: Combat
Seeing Linwe has the Ettercap occupied, he turns to the one that everyone else has surrounded, and decides to lend a helping hand.  Trying not to hit his friends he shoots an arrow at the creature.


23:03, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 16 using 1d20+2. Bow Attack(-4 for shooting into melee).
23:04, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 1 using 1d6. Bow Damage.

Amras Telperien
 player, 265 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 7 Sep 2006
at 07:40
Re: Combat
Swords drawn Amras slashes and pokes at the second ettercap, his longsword meeting flesh as the blade bites deep into the ettercap. The shortsword attack is less effective it's blade only  making slight contact with the ettercap.

Linwe meanwhile kept a grip of the ettercap biting down on her victim once again and raking her claws against it's torso.

08:33, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 25 using 1d20+10. Amras Attack.
08:33, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 8 using 1d8+4. Damage .
08:33, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 14 using 1d20+9. Amras attack 2.
08:34, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 7 using 1d6+4. Damage.
08:35, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 12 using 1d20+6. Linwe bite.
08:35, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 7 using 1d20+6. Linwe rake.
08:35, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 23 using 1d20+6. Linwe rake.
08:35, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 7 using 1d6+3. Bite Damage.
08:36, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 2 using 1d3+1. Claw damage.
Yeamon
 player, 77 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 7 Sep 2006
at 20:05
Re: Combat
Yeamon recovers his foot from the web snare, and now in striking distance of the Ettercap launches into the creature. Spurred on by Madras's bless monk unleashes a devastating attack, the masterwork kama flashing in the firelight before and after it emerges from the Ettercap's body.


20:58, Today: Yeamon rolled 23 using 1d20+4. attack (flurry).
20:59, Today: Yeamon rolled 7 using 1d6+2. damage.
21:00, Today: Yeamon rolled 23 using 1d20+4. attack 2 (flurry).
21:00, Today: Yeamon rolled 7 using 1d6+2. damage 2.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:07, Thu 07 Sept 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 105 posts
Thu 7 Sep 2006
at 23:42
Re: Combat
As the shadows flicker from the log burning a few feet away Madras raises his weapon and once again makes contact with the ettercap who falls prone. Linwe finishes it off iwth a quick bit and rakes the corpse to make sure it's dead. Meanwhile the other companions make quick work of the second one a mass of hits breaking its biones and spilling its life blood on the forest floor. the forest is strangely quiet after the fight with the only sounds the adventurers labored breathing.
Madras
 player, 30 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 8 Sep 2006
at 05:59
Re: Combat
Madras stands still for a moment, catching his breath.  He gives his weapon a quick shake, flinging bits of skin and hair off of its spikes.  He doesn't seem to have worked up a sweat, however; apparently, sudden physical exertion is nothing new to him.  "I don't know about you guys," he says quietly, "but I can think of better ways to start the day.  How long to we have until sunrise, anyway?"  He moves toward the others, wincing at the smell of freshly-killed aberration.  "Is anyone hurt?"
Daven Darkbane
 player, 16 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 8 Sep 2006
at 12:33
Re: Combat
Daven looks at the others. After a few breaths he looks over himself. I seem to have made it out without any wounds. He stands still and looks on the others.
DM Kindred
 GM, 106 posts
Fri 8 Sep 2006
at 18:13
Re: Combat
Madras:
Madras stands still for a moment, catching his breath.  He gives his weapon a quick shake, flinging bits of skin and hair off of its spikes.  He doesn't seem to have worked up a sweat, however; apparently, sudden physical exertion is nothing new to him.  "I don't know about you guys," he says quietly, "but I can think of better ways to start the day.  How long to we have until sunrise, anyway?"  He moves toward the others, wincing at the smell of freshly-killed aberration.  "Is anyone hurt?"


Its still quite early. You guys were only asleep for a little while when the ettercaps attacked. Linwe has taken a minor wound (3 points) and Yeamon's burning log is sitting in the middle of the forest.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 17 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 9 Sep 2006
at 18:47
Re: Combat
Daven starts to walk around searching for more enemys or if he was lucky some gold to go with the monsters. He cares not for the small talk of the others. He knew that clues must be gathered quickly or else they would soon be gone.

OCC:
20:46, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 24 using 1d20+8. spot.
20:46, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 13 using 1d20+8. listen.
20:46, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 24 using 1d20+9. search.

Yeamon
 player, 78 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sun 10 Sep 2006
at 10:42
Re: Combat
Yeamon psychs himself down and picks through the undergrowth for a moment before letting out a deep sigh. "We should bed down again. Get some rest before dawn."

Tucking his kama back into his belt, he tries to shake off his troubled thoughts. "Our fire may have attracted our unwelcome guests. We could leave it burning as a distraction, and camp a little way off. Our watch could then look out to see if anything moves toward it." He looks around by way of approval.
Madras
 player, 31 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sun 10 Sep 2006
at 11:46
Re: Combat
The priest let out a positive-sounding grunt.  "Hm.  That's not a bad idea.  Let's make sure there isn't anything around the fire, first -- we don't want it to end up spreading."  Approaching her carefully, Madras gives Linwe a chance to recognize him as nonhostile; given that the two had just teamed up on -- and eliminated -- a common enemy, it doesn't take long.  Dropping to a crouch, he parts her fur and inspects the injury.  Standing up again, he declares, "She's just got a scratch.  Keep it clean, she should be fine in the morning."
Amras Telperien
 player, 266 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 11 Sep 2006
at 09:48
Re: Combat
Joining Madras Amras strokes Linwe as he checks the wound. "You will be fine my friend." he says to her, stroking her head. Giving her the signal to go rest Amras watches as she disappears back into the undergrowth.

"You lot turn in again, I will finish my watch." says Amras taking up his position once again.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 48 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Mon 11 Sep 2006
at 19:16
Re: Combat
Lynx does not object at the idea of sleeping.  He goes back to his bed roll and lays back down.
Madras
 player, 32 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Mon 11 Sep 2006
at 23:26
Re: Combat
Madras claps Amras on the shoulder.  "Keep us safe, friend."  With that, he returns to his bedroll and attempts to get back to sleep.
Yeamon
 player, 79 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 12 Sep 2006
at 10:42
Re: Combat
Yeamon too beds back down, trying to clear his head of the fight, so that he may rest before his early watch.
DM Kindred
 GM, 109 posts
Tue 12 Sep 2006
at 16:06
Re: Combat
The morning comes bright and early the other watches for the night went by without incident.

OCC: You have one more day and a little bit before you reach the hideout. You should get there a couple hours after sunset.
Yeamon
 player, 80 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 13 Sep 2006
at 12:43
Re: Combat
Brother Yeamon talks little as the party resumes its journey to the hideout. He walks a little way off from the others, enjoying his own thoughts, and his spirits raise as he takes in the clean crisp air and marvels at the abundance of life about him. Thoughts of battle are pushed far out of his mind as he searches for an inner peace.
Madras
 player, 33 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 13 Sep 2006
at 20:11
Re: Combat
Madras clearly misses Yeamon's intent for distancing himself, as he wanders in the contemplative's direction about half an hour later.  "Something troubling you?"
Daven Darkbane
 player, 18 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 13 Sep 2006
at 22:56
Re: Combat
Daven walks in front and keeps his toung in place and eyes on the road ahead. He glanzes at his new companions. He was sure that he would be okey in there presence and make it out alive.

OCC:
00:55, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 25 using 1d20+8. spot.

Amras Telperien
 player, 267 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 14 Sep 2006
at 07:38
Re: Combat
Up early Amras gives a whistle and calls Linwe. Sliding out from the undergrowth Amras is happy to see her moving easily.

After breakfast they set off Amras taking up a position in front of the others with Linwe moving in and out of the undergrowth.
Yeamon
 player, 81 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 14 Sep 2006
at 14:37
Re: Combat
Yeamon senses the priest's approach, his head bowing slightly in acknowledgment of his question.

"No, nothing troubles me at present." The monk keeps his eyes ahead as he speaks, as if he is concentrating of something in the distance. "There will be confrontation soon no doubt. I have no wish to dwell on it beforehand. Rather occupy one's mind with better thoughts."
Madras
 player, 34 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Thu 14 Sep 2006
at 19:06
Re: Combat
"That's the spirit, Yeamon," Madras says, grinning widely.  "Don't let potential problems worry you; deal with them as they come.  As the Morninglord tells us, there's always tomorrow.  'Course, some use that as an excuse to procrastinate."
   He trots back to the rest of the group, humming something, badly out of tune.
DM Kindred
 GM, 110 posts
Thu 14 Sep 2006
at 19:20
Re: Combat
As the party travels they do so without incident for the first half of the day. The closer they get to their destination the more uneasy they get. Sometime after their midday break they come upon a cabin in the woods. It seems to be empty but Amras notices tracks around. Some of the tracks are wolf tracks but they are very strange.

The cabin is obviously the cabin of some type of hunter as there are racks for drying animal skins and sheds for drying meat
Amras Telperien
 player, 268 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 15 Sep 2006
at 07:26
Re: Combat
PLacing his hand into the air Amras kneels down and studies the tracks. Lookicng at them closely a look of puzzlement crosses over his face. "Have any of you heard of any strange things going on in this are? he asks. "These tracks are wolf tracks but are not quite right."
Yeamon
 player, 82 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 15 Sep 2006
at 10:12
Re: Combat
Yeamon stops as he catches up with the ranger at the cabin, waiting for him to reveal the nature of the marks he is examining.

Amras's comments about the strangeness of the tracks, reassured Yeamon a little that his own growing doubts were not without merit. "Are there any tracks of men?" Brother Yeamon asks the ranger coolly, trying to judge whether the cabin was in frequent use. He looks around for signs life, such as freshly chopped wood or signs of a recent fire.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 19 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 15 Sep 2006
at 17:26
Re: Combat
Daven walks over towards teh door. A little bit abouth 10 feet from the house he checks for traps to the door and also check the door befor knoocking on the door. He waits for a response from the inside of the huse.

OCC:
19:27, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 27 using 1d20+9. search traps.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:28, Fri 15 Sept 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 111 posts
Fri 15 Sep 2006
at 19:45
Re: Combat
Amras:



Daven

There are no traps and no response to the knocking

Yeamon

There is a stack of firewood that is large and looks like it was cut fairly recently. There is a chimney so there probably wouldnt be any outdoor fires.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 20 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 15 Sep 2006
at 22:00
Re: Combat
Daven opens the door. After all people could be "hurt in there.". He walks in, but has his sword drawn. There might be someone that will try to attack as he enters. He quickly scans the area with his usely keen eyes.

OCC:
00:00, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 11 using 1d20+8. listen.
00:00, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 14 using 1d20+8. spot.

Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 49 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 15 Sep 2006
at 22:29
Re: Combat
Lynx looks solomnly around the scene.  At Amras's question, he tries to think back if he had heard something in passing.

17:29, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 13 using 1d20+5. Bardic Knowledge.
DM Kindred
 GM, 112 posts
Fri 15 Sep 2006
at 23:53
Re: Combat
Lynx recalls a specific thing he had heard. Not in passing but on his way back to the Inn.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 50 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sat 16 Sep 2006
at 05:38
Re: Combat
Amras, these are wolf tracks you say?  Mmm, I remember hearing a wolf howling the night we were returning to town with our Orc Prisoner."  says Lynx as he thinks back.  He walks up to Amras and looking at the tracks.  "And it didn't seem right either.  I don't like this...not one bit."
Yeamon
 player, 84 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sat 16 Sep 2006
at 18:02
Re: Combat
"How many?", Yeamon quietly asks Lynx and Amras who are both in discussion over the tracks, when he sees Daven enter the cabin.

Before an answer can come, Yeamon quickly strides over to the hut so as to keep the rogue in sight. Those closest to him can detect the faintest grumble of frustration; 'Impulsive types' not bringing out the best of his nature.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:07, Sat 16 Sept 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 269 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Sat 16 Sep 2006
at 19:36
Re: Combat
"No they just aren't right are they." replies Amras to Lynx.

Kneeling down once more he studies the tracks even more carefully.


FROM DM

Some of the tracks are too large to be normal wolves, some are too heavy and some just plain seem to be walking on hind legs. Also there are too many tracks criss-crossing the area for you to be certain of a number.


This message was last edited by the GM at 18:51, Sun 17 Sept 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 114 posts
Sat 16 Sep 2006
at 19:39
Re: Combat
Daven

The room is empty of people but there is cold ahs in the fireplace and the remains of a hastily left meal. There are also some signs of struggle as some furniture is broken. There is also a shelf that has been broken down and several figurines (decorative) lie broken on the ground.

Yeamon

While Lynx and Amras look at the tracks you notice a shed around the side of the house with the door slightly ajar.
Yeamon
 player, 85 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sun 17 Sep 2006
at 09:45
Re: Combat
On seeing the door of the shed, Yeamon stops briefly to turn and gesture for Madras to follow. But he remains where he is, keeping the interior of the cabin in sight, until the others catch up.
Madras
 player, 36 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sun 17 Sep 2006
at 12:42
Re: Combat
As soon as Yeamon gestures to him, Madras jogs to close the distance.  "What's on your mind?"

FROM DM

You guys see the door ajar but because of the angle you can't see anything inside

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:48, Sun 17 Sept 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 115 posts
Sun 17 Sep 2006
at 18:52
Re: Combat
Replies in posts above.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 52 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sun 17 Sep 2006
at 21:59
Re: Combat
As the details of the tracks become more clear, Lynx gets a deeper sick feeling, like fear.  He knows something isn't right here, he just can't put his finger on it.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:05, Mon 18 Sept 2006.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 22 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 17 Sep 2006
at 22:59
Re: Combat
As Daven does not know about what his companions are doing outside he desides to go over to the ash and dig a little into the ash to check if there is some heat left in the ash. He also makes a good search in the room for any clues for what he might find.(bits of fure, blood pools, any unconstious people hidden under a desk or soem other place)

OCC:
23:09, Yesterday: Daven Darkbane rolled 26 using 1d20+9. search.


Nothing like that. The ashes are cold and there is no sign of anyone.


This message was last edited by the GM at 03:12, Mon 18 Sept 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 270 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Sun 17 Sep 2006
at 23:04
Re: Combat
Looking across at Lynx a worried frown appears on his forehead. "I am not sure on numbers but what I am sure of is that there are some normal wolves around but there are also some wolves that are not. In fact I am not sure but some may be werewolves, but that is only a guess. What I do know is that some of them are standing on two feet." explains Amras.
DM Kindred
 GM, 116 posts
Mon 18 Sep 2006
at 03:13
Re: Combat
Replies in post above.
Madras
 player, 37 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Mon 18 Sep 2006
at 06:00
Re: Combat
Madras pulls out a wickedly-curved dagger forged with alchemical silver.  "Well, if there is a lycanthrope lurking around, I can take care of it.  I've got weapons and magic that can deal with their kind."  He replaces the dagger in the sheath at his belt, then turns his attention back to Yeamon.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 23 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 18 Sep 2006
at 10:49
Re: Combat
Daven walk out after searching the house. No one inside the house. He walk over to Madras and Amras. He still got his sword drawn and ready.
Yeamon
 player, 86 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Mon 18 Sep 2006
at 18:20
Re: Combat
With the reappearence of Daven, and Madras alongside, Yeamon nods in the direction of the shed. With that he walks coolly toward the ajar door. As he nears the door, his right hand glides into his belt pouch, and drawing forth a small package which he holds between his fingers.
DM Kindred
 GM, 117 posts
Mon 18 Sep 2006
at 19:11
Re: Combat
As you approach the door an unmistakable stench greets your nostrils and you hear a buzzing noise. The stench is the smell of rotting meat.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 24 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 18 Sep 2006
at 23:17
Re: Combat
As he smells the rooting flesh he opens the door, atleast beliving what he would find inside the door. He look at the ground befor anything else.
DM Kindred
 GM, 118 posts
Tue 19 Sep 2006
at 00:12
Re: Combat
Daven is forced to step back as a cloud of flies hit him in the face and disperse into the forest. The smell is now unbearable as Davens eyes come upon a mangled corpse that looks as if its been chewed on.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 25 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Tue 19 Sep 2006
at 00:17
Re: Combat
He takes a few steps back. His face twisted by the scene infront of him. He holds his hand infront of his mouth and nose. he looks shocked. Much had he seen, nut this was the worst. After a few breaths he find out that he should search the shed for any clues. He would not like it, but It should be done.

OCC:
02:16, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 25 using 1d20+9. search.

DM Kindred
 GM, 119 posts
Tue 19 Sep 2006
at 00:18
Re: Combat
You see some tracks. You can't make anything of them but maybe another member of your team could. :)
Amras Telperien
 player, 271 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 19 Sep 2006
at 07:34
Re: Combat
Seeing Daven's reaction Amras heads over towards him, taking a deep breath before reaching the stench he kneels and studies the tracks.


FROM DM
The person wasn't Killed here. The body was dragged here. The place is covered in Wolf tracks and while looking near the body you find a small peice of paper obviously left behind that has a painting of Malar's holy symbol

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:50, Wed 20 Sept 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 87 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 20 Sep 2006
at 07:22
Re: Combat
Yeamon reels away from the shed, his hand clasped over his nose and mouth to protect him from the stench of rotting flesh. He waits to see if the ranger can make anything of the mangled corpse.
DM Kindred
 GM, 120 posts
Wed 20 Sep 2006
at 14:51
Re: Combat
Replies in posts above
Amras Telperien
 player, 272 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 20 Sep 2006
at 15:12
Re: Combat
Shaking his head Amras stands up and rejoins Yeamon. "The body was dragged here and he was already dead, killed by the malarites I would guess, I found this piece of paper with their symbol on." he says angrily, "We need to move on if we are going to save this boy. Does anyone know enough of this Malar religion to know when they make their sacrifices? he asks.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 15:36, Wed 20 Sept 2006.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 26 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 20 Sep 2006
at 15:25
Re: Combat
No I do not, but seen as time may be short we should make haste. The boys llife is in danger. He put his sword back into its place and start to look at the others.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 53 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 20 Sep 2006
at 17:36
Re: Combat
Lynx approaches the shed and scoffs back as the stench assails his senses.  "This is a sad scene indeed.  These Malarites are a sick bunch." he says.
Madras
 player, 38 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 20 Sep 2006
at 20:02
Re: Combat
Madras bows his head, praying to the Morninglord for the slain.  When he finishes his prayer, he tells Amras, "Sorry, I don't know much about the Malarite faith.  Never had a reason to look into it.  Doesn't matter, let's get moving."

[15:00, Today: Madras rolled 9 using 1d20+7. Knowledge (religion) check.  Cursed dice!]
Yeamon
 player, 88 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 21 Sep 2006
at 19:02
Re: Combat
"Amras, are there any tracks we can follow?" The monk says as he composes himself, now stood several feet away from the nauseous structure.
Amras Telperien
 player, 273 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 22 Sep 2006
at 07:33
Re: Combat
Hearing Yeamon's question Amras begins again to look around as he attempts to pick up any trail, "It is going to be difficult, there are a lot of different tracks made up of different animals and people."
Yeamon
 player, 89 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 22 Sep 2006
at 09:51
Re: Combat
"Then maybe we should let them find us," Yeamon says after a moment's thought. "Give them the chance to find new blood for their sacrifices. Something so tempting they cannot resist coming to us."

Yeamon looks around for approval as he continues thinking aloud. "We either need them to lead us to their camp, or capture one of them who will give us the information. But the latter is more risky, after our last experience with the druid."

"I believe I can trust you," Yeamon begins, looking at Lynx and Amras with whom he has shared more experiences, "I could act as bait. I can fight unarmed and the druid has a score to settle with me. You could mark me with a scent that Linwe could track. Just don't be too long eh?"

The monk waits responses, not really knowing if he wants their support for the plan.

OOC: DM, I'll be off for a couple of days. Feel free to control this character until I'm back.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:56, Fri 22 Sept 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 121 posts
Fri 22 Sep 2006
at 14:05
Re: Combat
OCC: I'll assume Amras tells you all the things he finds so I'll just post it public.

The tracks leading from the shed are all more or less regular wolf tracks. With the exception of two sets. One is the one that was walking upright. It travels to the end of the clearing and then disappears. It doesn't fade it just stops suddenly. The other circles the area once then heads off in the direction that based on the map you know the Malarite encampment to be.



P.S. Remember, Daven has a map to the area. It doesn't show the exact location but it does show the direction at least. You should have no trouble finding it.
Amras Telperien
 player, 274 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 22 Sep 2006
at 14:09
Re: Combat
"I think it would be too dangerous Yeamon, my guess is they have at leat one druid who can easily hide tracks." says Amras, standing back up straight,"We have the map and a rough idea as to where the camp is. Let's move on and see if we can find it before darkness and then plan our attack."
DM Kindred
 GM, 122 posts
Fri 22 Sep 2006
at 15:59
Re: Combat
Does anyone want to do anything else before you move on? There is really no more info to be found.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 27 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 22 Sep 2006
at 16:06
Re: Combat
OCC: no lets m,ove on
Madras
 player, 39 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 22 Sep 2006
at 19:58
Re: Combat
[OOC: Agreed, let's keep going.]
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 54 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sat 23 Sep 2006
at 00:46
Re: Combat
OOC Agreed.
Yeamon
 player, 90 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 26 Sep 2006
at 06:18
Re: Combat
OOC: Back now. OK, let's keep going.
DM Kindred
 GM, 123 posts
Tue 26 Sep 2006
at 17:43
Re: Combat
Sorry guys, little burned out. I'll update later or tomorrow.
DM Kindred
 GM, 124 posts
Fri 29 Sep 2006
at 15:41
Re: Combat
The party leaves the woodcutters cabin after burying what was left of him. After travelling for several hours stopping once to take a breather night is begining to fall. Not only is the sky getting darker but the woods also are getting darker. The trees are more dense and even the few animals you see are for want of a better word "evil looking". It is as if something has put a stranglehold on the land. Amras, you begin to feel uncomfortable in these surroundings and Linwe is growling low in her throat. At about dusk you arrive at shelf of rock looking down into a valley. In the valley you see the entrance to a large cave. There are goblin and Kobold slaves working in the area and you see crude huts and a building that looks to be an armoury, based on the fact that there is an emblem with two crossed axes on the wall in Bas Relief.


OCC: Sorry for the delay guys.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 55 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 29 Sep 2006
at 16:25
Re: Combat
Lynx looks down at the camp site, he looks at the others and whispers, "Well then, shall we go into the Lion's Den...or Wolf's Den as it may be."
DM Kindred
 GM, 125 posts
Fri 29 Sep 2006
at 17:22
Re: Combat
Its about 1/2 an hour till sunset. 1 hour till full dark
Madras
 player, 40 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 29 Sep 2006
at 19:14
Re: Combat
Madras digs out a six-inch-long rod made of some sort of ceramic material, with metal caps on the ends, as well as a couple stray leather straps.  With the straps, he lashes the rod onto his morningstar, just below the head.  When he receives inquiring looks, he explains, "It's a sunrod.  This way, I'll have a light source and still be able to fight."  He waits to ignite it, not wanting to give away the group's position just yet.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 28 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 30 Sep 2006
at 00:54
Re: Combat
I could get closer without some of you. Some ma be well adapted to hiding in the forest. He looks to the other for acception of his plan. After all he would be risking his own neck and not theres.
DM Kindred
 GM, 126 posts
Sat 30 Sep 2006
at 01:14
Re: Combat
While the party discuss' probable plans anyone on watch will notuice the "slaves" heading to their hovels with 4 goblins left outside to guard the armory.
Yeamon
 player, 91 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sun 1 Oct 2006
at 19:46
Re: Combat
"We should proceed immediately. We do not know how long the boy will stay alive." Yeamon utters the words quietly to those around him, while he keeps his gaze on the goblins in the valley below.

"That is if he IS still alive," he continues, emphasising the unknown part of the equation. "We need to ensure those goblins do not alert the others to our presence. Anyone have any ideas?" This time the monk looks around to the group.

OOC: To DM - is there a safe path down into the valley, or will we struggle to descend the way in the dark? In other words, would we be foolish to wait for nightfall?

This message was last edited by the player at 19:50, Sun 01 Oct 2006.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 29 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 1 Oct 2006
at 20:10
Re: Combat
I suggest that we move with stelth and I might quickly kill them with my sword seen as I'm good at hitting the sweat spots so to speak. If We had someone shoting a few with arrows and I kill at least one or two without  the goblins even noticing me. '

OCC:
Can we get a small map of the area. Then I think atleast of how the goblins are in terms of sight of each other.

DM Kindred
 GM, 127 posts
Sun 1 Oct 2006
at 20:41
Re: Combat
Most of the goblins have gone inside and you see no evidence of them. For all you know they are already asleep. The only other ones you see are 4 guarding the armory and if you decided to bypass there you could easily slip into the cave  mouth that the map indicates is the entrance to the Malarite Cult's secret base.


Yeamon: No it wouldn't be foolish to wait till full dark. There is a path down and  you will have cover.
Amras Telperien
 player, 275 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 2 Oct 2006
at 07:38
Re: Combat
"If we wait til dark we should be able to get in unannounced. What we don't want to do is wake the whole place up." says Amras.

OOC: sorry for lack of post RL is killing me at the moment!
Daven Darkbane
 player, 31 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 2 Oct 2006
at 16:49
Re: Combat
Atleast let me walk infront of you. i can move more silently and stay hidden as we make our way down into the cave. Tehg darkness will help us get passed any guards, but we are still going to kill thefour goblins. He draws his sword and eagerly awaits the groupes disission.
Madras
 player, 41 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Tue 3 Oct 2006
at 18:16
Re: Combat
Madras nods in confirmation.  "Agreed.  Let's try to silence them quickly, so they don't raise an alarm.  I doubt that everyone in that cave is asleep, and we don't want them knowing ahead of time that we're coming.  No heroic charges or battle-cries this time, fellas."  He hefts his morningstar, waiting on the stealthier members to lead the way.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 32 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Tue 3 Oct 2006
at 22:34
Re: Combat
Well then it's just to wait for the dark ness to fall befor moving. We should eat befor we start. It might be some time befor we can get a snack againe. He sits down and pick up a ration and start to eat.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 56 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 4 Oct 2006
at 05:28
Re: Combat
OOC:Yeah RL is hitting me hard too.  So my posting has been a bit hectic as well.

Lynx nods in agreement to the plan, "Darkness is our best bet to get in unnoticed. he whispers.
Yeamon
 player, 93 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 4 Oct 2006
at 11:19
Re: Combat
Yeamon nods in agreement with the others, then settles down on a patch of grass, peeling back his hood as he does so revealing his shiny bald head. His head drops as if asleep, but a low guttural murmur emanating from his reveals his meditative state, waiting for darkness to fall.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:21, Wed 04 Oct 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 277 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 5 Oct 2006
at 07:39
Re: Combat
Agreeing to wait til dark Amras eats some fruit from his pack. Looking at for Linwe he moves close and whispers to her.
DM Kindred
 GM, 132 posts
Thu 5 Oct 2006
at 13:43
Re: Combat
As the party makes their way into the secluded valley that contains the Malarite base, they notice that they can make it to the cave mouth by following a trench that runs along the ground. They can follow the trench but that would take them past the goblins guarding the armoury outside without having to deal with them. They can also try to use it to sneak up on the goblins guarding the armoury if they want to check it before heading into the cave.
Yeamon
 player, 94 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 5 Oct 2006
at 18:46
Re: Combat
Yeamon motions the group to continue along the trench, whispering "Let's not take the risk of alerting others."
Daven Darkbane
 player, 33 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 5 Oct 2006
at 22:47
Re: Combat
Daven keeps close to the ground while he moves along. He stops and whisper to Yeamon Eather way we go we only need one set of keen eyes to sound the alarm.
Amras Telperien
 player, 278 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 9 Oct 2006
at 09:31
Re: Combat
"I would prefer to try and avoid the goblins, it would only take one shout from them to alert the others, the longer we can stay hidden the better I say." suggests Amras.
DM Kindred
 GM, 133 posts
Mon 9 Oct 2006
at 15:13
Re: Combat
OCC: I assume the party decides to bypass the goblins outside the armoury and head towards the cave.

You all travel down the long trench and as the entrance of the cave becomes more visible. In the deepening darkness you see the torches flare to life and two goblins take up guard positions in fron of the cave. They don't look too alert or into their job. Because they are standing in a pool of light and you are in shadows about 40ft away, you know at the moment you are invisible to them if you move any further I'll need hide checks.
Madras
 player, 43 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Mon 9 Oct 2006
at 17:25
Re: Combat
Madras waits until the others have stopped moving and shifting, and whispers, "Who's going up?  If I get any closer, they'll spot me."
Amras Telperien
 player, 279 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 10 Oct 2006
at 10:48
Re: Combat
Looking across at Daven Amras whispers,"How about you and me Daven?"
Yeamon
 player, 95 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 10 Oct 2006
at 13:20
Re: Combat
Yeamon carefully sizes up the distance between the group and the goblins, working out they are just in range of his lightning dash.

"If you are discovered before you reach them, I can charge in behind you to give us an advantage".
DM Kindred
 GM, 134 posts
Tue 10 Oct 2006
at 15:08
Re: Combat
By the way these two goblins are the only enemies in sight. If you can find away to kill them before they can cry out you should be good.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 34 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Tue 10 Oct 2006
at 23:08
Re: Combat
Daven nods in agrement with Amras words and tighten his grip around his sword.
Amras Telperien
 player, 280 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 12 Oct 2006
at 13:51
Re: Combat
Seeing Daven ready to move Amras watches the goblins once more before heading out into the shadows, moving quietly and trying to remain out of the goblins sight.

14:48, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 26 using 1d20+11. Move Silently.
14:49, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 26 using 1d20+6. Hide.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 35 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 12 Oct 2006
at 16:08
Re: Combat
Daven moves silently and hidden closer to the goblins
DM Kindred
 GM, 136 posts
Thu 12 Oct 2006
at 16:47
Re: Combat
You can approach up to about 10 feet. After which you will no longer have enough concealment. There is light spilling out of the cave, seems to be coming from torches just out of your line of sight. The goblins are chatting and not looking in your direction at the moment. There is still no one else in sight.
Yeamon
 player, 96 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 12 Oct 2006
at 18:25
Re: Combat
Yeamon continues to watch the goblins and waits for Amras and Daven's next move. His muscles tense ready to burst into a run should the need arise.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 36 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 12 Oct 2006
at 19:01
Re: Combat
Daven continues forward againest the goblin, still keeping his sword ready. When he is within reach he stabs the goblin aimning for the heart.
DM Kindred
 GM, 137 posts
Thu 12 Oct 2006
at 23:36
Re: Combat
Daven see my earlier post. If you advance anymore you wont have the optuion of making a sneak attack. They will see if you if you go any closer as there is too much klight for you to hide. If you follow this course of action, one of them will sound an alarm when the other is killed unless you and Amras win initiative and kill them first.

Hint: Don't you have a ranged weapon? You will still get your sneak attack as you nare within 30ft

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:38, Thu 12 Oct 2006.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 37 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 13 Oct 2006
at 02:24
Re: Combat
OCC:
Sorry forgot all about rules and just planned from what I would have done in real life in a similar situation. Ofcourse there are rules here and I'll change my post. Will I have to roll damage(other then the actual weapon from 1d6 to 1d8, but other then that one?)

Amras Telperien
 player, 282 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 13 Oct 2006
at 07:31
Re: Combat
Reaching the edge of the darkness Amras slowly draws out his bow and aims for one of the goblins. Looking across at Daven he waits to see if he is ready to do the same.
DM Kindred
 GM, 138 posts
Fri 13 Oct 2006
at 14:52
Re: Combat
You can keep the die roll of 15 (just add your ranged attack bonus), the sneak attack damage and reroll the died damage. If you prefer you can re-roll everything. Up to you.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 38 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 13 Oct 2006
at 15:08
Re: Combat
Daven also readys his crossbow and waits for Amras to get ready as well. he aims and nod towards Amras. He wait so that they can shot together.
DM Kindred
 GM, 139 posts
Fri 13 Oct 2006
at 16:04
Re: Combat
Amras, you can make your attack rolls now.
Amras Telperien
 player, 283 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 13 Oct 2006
at 22:52
Re: Combat
OOC: What a time to roll a one!!!

Amras lets loose the arrow and watches as it flies clear past the goblin.
Yeamon
 player, 97 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sat 14 Oct 2006
at 08:35
Re: Combat
Yeamon watches as Amras's arrow whistles past the goblins head, and the horrified expression creep across the creatures face. The monk is already in motion, sprinting up behind Daven and Amras ready to spring over them.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:40, Sat 14 Oct 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 140 posts
Tue 17 Oct 2006
at 19:35
Re: Combat
As yeamon blocks off the escape route the goblin opens his mouth to cry out but is silenced by an arrow fired by Lynx. After checking for enemies hiding and searching the bodies the party enters the cave.

Loot

On the goblins you find:

1) Coins and gems equalling 10 sp
2) A map of the complex.


Ok kids sorry about the break in transmission. I will post the map of the complex when I get home tonight. I will also be starting a new threa look out for it!