The North: The Ram's Head Inn 2.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
DM Kindred
 GM, 76 posts
Wed 2 Aug 2006
at 17:49
The Ram's Head Inn 2
Welcome to the Ram's Head Inn, one of the sturdiest buildings in the North, frigid region of harsh winds and cold nights.

The inn is three stories high and sits atop a steep hill.  From the top floor rooms, lodgers have an unobscured view for miles around.

Located on the outskirts of Deadsnows, the Ram's Head is home to a few regulars, but mostly new faces pass through nightly while the weather is good and the trails in and out of Deadsnows allow for passage.

Rates here are fair, as is the food.  The drink is strong and even the heartiest of souls can find something on the list of "drinks from many lands" that could send them under the table.

The owner is Bruuna Thundersky, a tall dwarven woman with slate grey hair and matching eyes.  Her smile is quick to come and quicker to fade.  She understands the need for customers, but does not suffer fools or fighters well.  Those wishing to brawl are invited to do so in the pigpen out back.  More than one duel to the death has been witness by the hogs and pigs Bruuna keeps back there.  And some whisper the remains of losers become either feed for the creatures or tomorrow's stew.

Brunna is helped by Mirylissa, a slender half-elven woman with icy blue eyes and stark white hair.  She is a user of magic of some sort, but no one is quite sure what spells she knows or what god she may worship.

A bard named Wyvern Hundredyards entertains in the inn about twice a tenday.  His songs are usually light and fun to sing along with, but when a serious mood hits, he can bring a hush to the house that feels oppressive at times.  Wyvern has been to most corners of Faerun and is a good, but expensive source of information of all sorts.

-------------------------------

Come in out of the cold!  Find a seat, order a drink or a meal, and enjoy your stay!

Madras you have Just entered the inn. It is somewhat empty at this time (3 hours after sunrise but you see a bard tuning his instrument as well as the serving staff serving a couple meals and drinks.
Madras
 player, 3 posts
 Init +1, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 2 Aug 2006
at 20:36
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
   As he hangs his cloak up on a peg near the entrance, Madras takes a look around the common room of the Ram's Head, noting the oversized stuffed head of a dire boar hanging above the bar.  He finds an unoccupied table in the middle of the room and takes a seat, shrugging off his pack with obvious relief.
   When the ivory-haired half-elf comes to his table, his eyebrows perk up with obvious interest.  That's a shade rarely seen amongst the People, he thinks.  Letting a broad grin smother his face, he greets her.  "Well met, miss.  I'd like a tallglass of something mild, and whatever's being served for breakfast.  And, if you've a mind, I've a joke to tell you."
   She gives him a dubious look, then agrees.
   "All right.  Kindly ask me, 'What is the most important part of a good joke?'"
   She hesitates a moment, then says, "All right.  What's the most impor--"
   "Timing!"
   Shaking her head, she departs to get his order.  Madras just grins even more widely, if that's possible.
DM Kindred
 GM, 78 posts
Wed 2 Aug 2006
at 23:25
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Mirylissa leaves shaking her head and and a soft chuckle escapes her as she heads off to fill Madras' order. She returns soon with his meal, it seems to be some sort of porridge with berries added in for extra flavour. She brings him a glass of Milk as well as a glass of fruit juice. The milk comes with the meal. The juice is for the joke She gives Madras a quick smile and then heads off to serve other customers.

Meanwhile the bard starts to play a flute the music nice enough to make the day a little brighter but nothing to really write home about.
Madras
 player, 4 posts
 Init +1, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Thu 3 Aug 2006
at 01:05
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
   Madras prays to Lathander, requesting his blessing over the meal and its providers, before sampling his porridge.  Apparently pleased with the results, he spoons up the contents with vigor, pausing occasionally for a drink.
   Wonder what today's going to bring, he muses.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 38 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Thu 3 Aug 2006
at 03:17
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Lynx walks into the inn, hefting a huge sigh after walking throughout the night.  Walking to an empty table closest to the fire, he makes sure that there are enough chairs for him and his comapanions, who remain outside making sure that they were not stalked by unwanted visitors.

Lynx takes a seat and calls over the waitress, "M'lady, I would like to order breakfast for three, my companions shall be in momentarily, and a little something to warm the soul if you please." he orders, obviously exhausted and cold, as he still keeps his cloak on.
DM Kindred
 GM, 79 posts
Thu 3 Aug 2006
at 03:25
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Recognising Lynx as one of the adventurers who left with Landoo, she nods emphatically and runs into the kitchen. Moments later the burly innkeeper walks out and approaches Lynx. What of Landoo's caravan? She says in tones a mix of apprehension and fear.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 39 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Thu 3 Aug 2006
at 03:54
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
With a calm expression, Lynx explains, "He cut us loose  and ran South, thinking of only himself, after we got attacked, after the boy got taken...the Malarites have the boy, I am certain of that.  Amras, Yeamon, and I decided to return to gain our bearings and decide where to head to next.  We want to find the boy, but we have no idea where to start.
Madras
 player, 7 posts
 Init +1, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 4 Aug 2006
at 22:07
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
   Some prayers are answered more promptly than others, Madras thinks as he finishes off his meal.  Trying not to be obvious about it -- but fully aware that he might be failing miserably -- he pays closer attention to the newcomer, hoping to gain a little more information.  Such as whether or not he and his companions need assistance.
DM Kindred
 GM, 82 posts
Fri 4 Aug 2006
at 22:29
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Bruuna listens crefully to what Lynx says very carefully Durn Halfling! No backbone. she curses under her breath in what sounds like dwarven and then she headed off. When she got about ten feet from you Lynx she turns around and says I'll be back elf. Ye jes stay right there.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:52, Mon 07 Aug 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 60 posts
 HP 26/20  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sun 6 Aug 2006
at 22:23
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Yeamon, satisfied the group has not been followed, doubles back toward the inn. As he reaches the door, and Amras, he realises Lynxalthian has already gone ahead inside.

"I suggest we join our friend," the monk offers earnestly. With that, he pushes back the inn's heavy door, and after taking a moment to let his eyes adjust to the gloom and smoke within, goes in.

Inside he spots Lynx, in conversation with Brunna, and heads toward the bard as Brunna rises and walks away.
Amras Telperien
 player, 242 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 7 Aug 2006
at 10:14
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Nodding to Yeamon Amras calls out to Linwe, "Go rest my friend, we will be here for the night." he says to the leopard. Looking up Linwe just stares for a moment before turning and disappearing into the undergrowth.

Following Yeamon through the door Amras follows him to the bar.
DM Kindred
 GM, 84 posts
Mon 7 Aug 2006
at 18:57
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Lynx is sitting at the table that Brunna just vacated. You all join him and in no time at all Brunna returns with a bag that looks very heavy even for the strong Dwarven woman. She drops it on the table with a loud thud. 200 gold pieces in there boys! If ye find tha boy I could see myself givin ye another 2 hunnerd. She shakes her head Ye all could use a healer though. Those Malarites are not to be toyed with. There has been a lot of strange goings on of late. The killing of the boys family the least of the difficulty.
Madras
 player, 8 posts
 Init +1, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Mon 7 Aug 2006
at 22:39
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Brunna's statement is punctuated by the appearance of a smiling Chondathan, the radiant sunrise of Lathander prominently displayed on his armor -- and on a shield resting against a table nearby.  "Looks like good timing for all of us," he says.  "I'm Madras, Awakened of Lathander.  I understand you're needing some help?"
Amras Telperien
 player, 244 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 8 Aug 2006
at 07:27
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
"The right help is always welcome. I am Amras of the High Forest. This is Lynx and this is Yeamon." replies Amras. "However excuse the question but why would you want to join us when you know nothing of us?
Madras
 player, 9 posts
 Init +1, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Tue 8 Aug 2006
at 08:40
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
"Well," he begins.  "I could determine the veracity of your statements easily enough, though it might seem a little intrusive.  But how many people of dubious intent are going to admit they're trying to find a lost child?  People like that wouldn't've introduced themselves, nor posed that question.

"Rather, I believe that my own path brought me here just so that I'd be in a position to help you.  Besides, anything a Malarite schemes can't be a good thing.  The only type I'd trust less is a Sharran."
  As he mentions the name of the goddess of darkness and secrets, Madras places his hand over his chest, fingers splayed -- a benediction to his own deity.
Amras Telperien
 player, 245 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 8 Aug 2006
at 08:44
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
"I thank you for your honesty and personally your offer of help is well timed. What do you two say?" he asks looking across at the others.
Yeamon
 player, 61 posts
 HP 26/20  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 8 Aug 2006
at 11:02
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
"So be it," Yeamon's deep voice utters after a pause, during which his dark eyes have been staring into the newcomers. Then, he offers a meaty hand to Madras. "Brother Yeamon."

The introduction is frosty by anyone's standards. Amras and Lynx are probably now getting accustomed to the monk's manner, and understand that no threat is meant by it.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:03, Tue 08 Aug 2006.

Madras
 player, 10 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Tue 8 Aug 2006
at 20:22
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Apparently unfazed by the tone of the introduction, Madras takes the offered hand, clasping it warmly.  "What order are you with, Brother?"
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 40 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 8 Aug 2006
at 23:40
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Lynx stands up and extends his hand in welcome, "I am Lynx Kanan, a storyteller, troubadour, or bard, whichever you want to call me, from Silverymoon.  Please join us for breakfast, we should be expecting ours soon.  Sorry but I didn't expect another to sit with us or I would have ordered enough for four.

Lynx turns to Brunna, "Madam, we would very like to fine the boy, but right now we are without leads and rest.  Either of which would be quite helpful right now.
DM Kindred
 GM, 85 posts
Wed 9 Aug 2006
at 01:48
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Bruuna nods. I will find the information ye need. ye jes rest up and be rready to set out tommorow.
DM Kindred
 GM, 86 posts
Thu 10 Aug 2006
at 01:49
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
Does anyone want to do anything before I move the story on? Brunna informs you that she will have the location of the camp before dawn so when you set out you will have the info you need. The party needs to rest anyway so tomorrow mornig you will set out.
Madras
 player, 11 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Thu 10 Aug 2006
at 09:03
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
I'll tend any injuries, then prep the same spells I've got right now.  Unless there's an obvious need for something specific.
Amras Telperien
 player, 246 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 10 Aug 2006
at 09:10
Re: The Ram's Head Inn 2
"Sounds like tomorrow could be a busy day. Let us get an early night, then early tomorrow Bruna will hopefully give us some information and we can go and rescue the boy." says Amras looking at the others.

Turning to the newcomer Madras he asks, "Have you a mount or are you on foot?"