The North: The Ram's Head Inn 2.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
Amras Telperien
 player, 260 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 29 Aug 2006
at 23:26
Re: Combat
Moving slowly Amras makes his way towards Linwe with his swords drawn.

00:25, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 29 using 1d20+11. Move silently.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 45 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 30 Aug 2006
at 04:59
Re: Combat
Lynx quickly gets up and draws his shortbow.  He then follows close behind the others to help Amras.
DM Kindred
 GM, 101 posts
Fri 1 Sep 2006
at 20:55
Re: Combat
While Amras is moving towards Linwe he sees something come out of nowhere and hit her. He doesn't have anytime to figure out what it is before he is hit. Two creatures drop from the trees one beside Amras, one beside Linwe. Both Amras and Linwe are bitten by the creatures. Fort Saves Please. The party can now act.Amras is 20 ft from the rest of the party Linwe is 30 ft away. Both are wrapped in webbing and two ettercaps just attacked them. The Ettercap that bit Amras is between the party and Amras and the one that bit Linwe is between Amras and Linwe.
Amras Telperien
 player, 261 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 1 Sep 2006
at 22:39
Re: Combat
23:38, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 23 using 1d20+5. fort save - amras.
23:37, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 22 using 1d20+5. Fort save.

PM:
Daven Darkbane
 player, 12 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 1 Sep 2006
at 23:20
Re: Combat
Daven moves into flanking position and stabs his blade into his opponent, however weak it was. He lokks on in horror as the things attack. Atleast they would overpower them soon.

OCC:
01:14, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 7 using 2d6. sneak attack.
01:13, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 1 using 1d6. damage.
01:13, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 11 using 1d20+8. attack.

Madras
 player, 26 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sat 2 Sep 2006
at 03:45
Re: Combat
Madras holds his morningstar aloft, calling upon the Morninglord to see his allies win the day.  A burst of energy radiates from the weapon, bathing everyone in a reassuring light and bolstering their spirits.  When the light fades, he advances on the battle.

[Casting bless, which catches everyone in its radius.  +1 morale bonus on attacks and saves against fear.  Then a move action to get closer to the fight.]
Yeamon
 player, 74 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sat 2 Sep 2006
at 10:52
Re: Combat
OOC: Prefer not to have the light Madras

Yeamon stops instantly at the sight of the monstrous creatures dropping out the trees. He'd not been expecting this sort of attack, instead he had thought they were being watched by Malarite cultists.

As Madras catches up, Yeamon ushers him on, past him, with his left hand. With his right he reaches up into the neck of his robe, fingering the small mummified hand on his cord necklace. Turning back toward the campfire, he points toward a burning log. It rises up into the air and glides through dark toward the monk.
Amras Telperien
 player, 262 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Sat 2 Sep 2006
at 21:56
Re: Combat
Angry at being caught in the web Amras attempts to break free. Despite his best attempt the web holds fast and he remains stuck.
DM Kindred
 GM, 102 posts
Sun 3 Sep 2006
at 00:53
Re: Combat
While Amras tries desperatly to free himself from the webbing his companions spring into action. Yeamon sends the burning log through the air. It illuminates the forest and sends eerie shadows dancing across the forest floor. It lands on trap that Linwe accidentally stumbled upon. In a flash the trap burns leaving linwe now able to shake off the remaining webs. She roars in anger and looks around preparing to maul the nearest enemy. Meanwhile Madras' light bathes everyine in a pale glow for a few seconds as Lathander's blessing touches their hearts. Meanwhile, Daven manages to get behind the creature and strikes with huis sword but the Ettercap deftly ducks under the thrusting blade.

In response the creatures launch attacks of their own, The ettercap between Amras and Daven ignores Amras as he is still stuck in its web. He turns and bites at Daven following it up with two claw attacks. Lucky for Daven the creature's attacks go awry. Linwe didnt fare so well. The creature attacking her managed to hit her with opne of its claw attacks but she shakes off the insignificant damage and growls low.


Party's Turn!!!
Madras
 player, 28 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sun 3 Sep 2006
at 07:58
Re: Combat
Madras closes the remaining distance to the aberrations, making sure his shield is in place.  "Foul creature of darkness, you'll not see the dawn!" he yells as his morningstar, still bathed in light, smashes into the ettercap's face.  There is a sickening crunch as one of the spikes takes out an eye.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:59, Sun 03 Sept 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 76 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sun 3 Sep 2006
at 10:24
Re: Combat
Yeamon charges through the undergrowth toward the creature in combat with Daven, nimbly weaving through the trees, his kama glinting in the light from Madras's spell.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:28, Sun 03 Sept 2006.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 13 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 3 Sep 2006
at 13:48
Re: Combat
Daven trys to feint his enemy and quickly stabs his blade into his opponent. Atleast he hope.

OCC:
15:46, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 6 using 2d6. sneak attack damage.
15:46, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 5 using 1d6. damage.
15:46, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 10 using 1d20+6. bluff.
15:45, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 20 using 1d20+6. attack.

Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 46 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 5 Sep 2006
at 05:52
Re: Combat
OOC: Sorry guys, found myself without any internet this last weekend unfortunately.  Everything is in order now.

Lynx follows closely behind and is taken back by the appearance of the Ettercaps.  He surely wasn't expecting them.  After a few moments, Lynx finally notices that his friends had engaged the Abberations and jumps in with his bow firing at the one Linwe was about to fight.



00:51, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 22 using 1d20+6. Bow Attack.
00:51, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 4 using 1d6. Bow Damage.

Amras Telperien
 player, 263 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 5 Sep 2006
at 07:24
Re: Combat
Finally breaking free of the webbing Amras tightens his grip on his swords and moves in one of the ettercaps.
DM Kindred
 GM, 103 posts
Wed 6 Sep 2006
at 02:31
Re: Combat
I will post the summary after I know what Linwel does.

  | 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 A|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |A
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 B|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |B
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 C|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |C
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 D|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |D
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 E|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |EC|Li|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |E
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 F|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |MA|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |F
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 G|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |G
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 H|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Da|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |H
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 I|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |EC|Ym|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |I
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 J|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |At|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |J
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 K|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Ly|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |K
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 L|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |L
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 M|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |M
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 N|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |CF|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |N
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 O|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |O
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 P|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |P
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 Q|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Q	
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 R|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |R
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 S|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |S
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 T|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |T
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 U|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |U
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 V|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |V
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 W|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |W
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 X|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |X
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 Y|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Y
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 Z|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Z
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
  | 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|



Amras   : AT
Linwe   : Li
Yeamon  : Ye
Madras  : MA
Daven   : DA
Lynx    : Ly
Ettercap: EC


Camp Fire: CF

Amras Telperien
 player, 264 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 6 Sep 2006
at 07:33
Re: Combat
LInwe's growl turns into a roar as she pounces at one of the ettercaps.
DM Kindred
 GM, 104 posts
Wed 6 Sep 2006
at 22:30
Re: Combat
As the fight begins to get more heated the branch Yeamon sent to the woods gives some amount of light so those doing battle can clearly see what is happening. Madras brings his weapon to bear and the ettercaps face seems to sink in from the force of the blow. Before the ettercap can respond an arrow comes floating in burying itself in its chest. Lynx smiles to himself knowing that it was a well placed shot. Linwe uses that momentary diversion to sink her teeth into the creature holding it mercilessly as she rakes with her claws.

Amras finally bursts free from the webbing and is able to distract the second creature long enough for Daven to slip his blade into a vital area. Yeamon, running in attacks with his weapon but gets his foot caught in the webbing that had up till recently been wrapped around Amras. He manages not to fall but his attack was wasted that round.

The ettercap engaged with Linwe tried to escape but to no avail.  The other one tries to bite Yeamon and then swings its claws at the other two combatants but seemed a little confused by all the attention it was recieving and its attacks went awry.

You guys are up again.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 15 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 6 Sep 2006
at 22:31
Re: Combat
Seen as Daven finally has somebody to help flank the beast he stabs his blade deep withing it. He strikes true and very good also.

OCC:
12:56, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 7 using 2d6. sneak attack.
12:56, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 4 using 1d6. damage.
12:56, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 25 using 1d20+8. attack.
Madras
 player, 29 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 6 Sep 2006
at 22:53
Re: Combat
Pressing his shield forward to further distract the abomination, Madras yells, "Ha ha!  We've got them now!  Let's finish them off!" as he swings his morningstar around, catching the creature under the jaw and snapping its head back in a spray of blood.

[Five-foot step to E10 to flank.
17:50, Today: Madras rolled 21 using 1d20+8. Melee attack, flanking.
17:50, Today: Madras rolled 9 using 1d8+2. Damage.
]
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 47 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Thu 7 Sep 2006
at 04:09
Re: Combat
Seeing Linwe has the Ettercap occupied, he turns to the one that everyone else has surrounded, and decides to lend a helping hand.  Trying not to hit his friends he shoots an arrow at the creature.


23:03, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 16 using 1d20+2. Bow Attack(-4 for shooting into melee).
23:04, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 1 using 1d6. Bow Damage.

Amras Telperien
 player, 265 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 7 Sep 2006
at 07:40
Re: Combat
Swords drawn Amras slashes and pokes at the second ettercap, his longsword meeting flesh as the blade bites deep into the ettercap. The shortsword attack is less effective it's blade only  making slight contact with the ettercap.

Linwe meanwhile kept a grip of the ettercap biting down on her victim once again and raking her claws against it's torso.

08:33, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 25 using 1d20+10. Amras Attack.
08:33, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 8 using 1d8+4. Damage .
08:33, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 14 using 1d20+9. Amras attack 2.
08:34, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 7 using 1d6+4. Damage.
08:35, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 12 using 1d20+6. Linwe bite.
08:35, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 7 using 1d20+6. Linwe rake.
08:35, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 23 using 1d20+6. Linwe rake.
08:35, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 7 using 1d6+3. Bite Damage.
08:36, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 2 using 1d3+1. Claw damage.
Yeamon
 player, 77 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 7 Sep 2006
at 20:05
Re: Combat
Yeamon recovers his foot from the web snare, and now in striking distance of the Ettercap launches into the creature. Spurred on by Madras's bless monk unleashes a devastating attack, the masterwork kama flashing in the firelight before and after it emerges from the Ettercap's body.


20:58, Today: Yeamon rolled 23 using 1d20+4. attack (flurry).
20:59, Today: Yeamon rolled 7 using 1d6+2. damage.
21:00, Today: Yeamon rolled 23 using 1d20+4. attack 2 (flurry).
21:00, Today: Yeamon rolled 7 using 1d6+2. damage 2.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:07, Thu 07 Sept 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 105 posts
Thu 7 Sep 2006
at 23:42
Re: Combat
As the shadows flicker from the log burning a few feet away Madras raises his weapon and once again makes contact with the ettercap who falls prone. Linwe finishes it off iwth a quick bit and rakes the corpse to make sure it's dead. Meanwhile the other companions make quick work of the second one a mass of hits breaking its biones and spilling its life blood on the forest floor. the forest is strangely quiet after the fight with the only sounds the adventurers labored breathing.
Madras
 player, 30 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 8 Sep 2006
at 05:59
Re: Combat
Madras stands still for a moment, catching his breath.  He gives his weapon a quick shake, flinging bits of skin and hair off of its spikes.  He doesn't seem to have worked up a sweat, however; apparently, sudden physical exertion is nothing new to him.  "I don't know about you guys," he says quietly, "but I can think of better ways to start the day.  How long to we have until sunrise, anyway?"  He moves toward the others, wincing at the smell of freshly-killed aberration.  "Is anyone hurt?"
Daven Darkbane
 player, 16 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 8 Sep 2006
at 12:33
Re: Combat
Daven looks at the others. After a few breaths he looks over himself. I seem to have made it out without any wounds. He stands still and looks on the others.