The North: The Ram's Head Inn 2.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
DM Kindred
 GM, 106 posts
Fri 8 Sep 2006
at 18:13
Re: Combat
Madras:
Madras stands still for a moment, catching his breath.  He gives his weapon a quick shake, flinging bits of skin and hair off of its spikes.  He doesn't seem to have worked up a sweat, however; apparently, sudden physical exertion is nothing new to him.  "I don't know about you guys," he says quietly, "but I can think of better ways to start the day.  How long to we have until sunrise, anyway?"  He moves toward the others, wincing at the smell of freshly-killed aberration.  "Is anyone hurt?"


Its still quite early. You guys were only asleep for a little while when the ettercaps attacked. Linwe has taken a minor wound (3 points) and Yeamon's burning log is sitting in the middle of the forest.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 17 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 9 Sep 2006
at 18:47
Re: Combat
Daven starts to walk around searching for more enemys or if he was lucky some gold to go with the monsters. He cares not for the small talk of the others. He knew that clues must be gathered quickly or else they would soon be gone.

OCC:
20:46, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 24 using 1d20+8. spot.
20:46, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 13 using 1d20+8. listen.
20:46, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 24 using 1d20+9. search.

Yeamon
 player, 78 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sun 10 Sep 2006
at 10:42
Re: Combat
Yeamon psychs himself down and picks through the undergrowth for a moment before letting out a deep sigh. "We should bed down again. Get some rest before dawn."

Tucking his kama back into his belt, he tries to shake off his troubled thoughts. "Our fire may have attracted our unwelcome guests. We could leave it burning as a distraction, and camp a little way off. Our watch could then look out to see if anything moves toward it." He looks around by way of approval.
Madras
 player, 31 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sun 10 Sep 2006
at 11:46
Re: Combat
The priest let out a positive-sounding grunt.  "Hm.  That's not a bad idea.  Let's make sure there isn't anything around the fire, first -- we don't want it to end up spreading."  Approaching her carefully, Madras gives Linwe a chance to recognize him as nonhostile; given that the two had just teamed up on -- and eliminated -- a common enemy, it doesn't take long.  Dropping to a crouch, he parts her fur and inspects the injury.  Standing up again, he declares, "She's just got a scratch.  Keep it clean, she should be fine in the morning."
Amras Telperien
 player, 266 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 11 Sep 2006
at 09:48
Re: Combat
Joining Madras Amras strokes Linwe as he checks the wound. "You will be fine my friend." he says to her, stroking her head. Giving her the signal to go rest Amras watches as she disappears back into the undergrowth.

"You lot turn in again, I will finish my watch." says Amras taking up his position once again.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 48 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Mon 11 Sep 2006
at 19:16
Re: Combat
Lynx does not object at the idea of sleeping.  He goes back to his bed roll and lays back down.
Madras
 player, 32 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Mon 11 Sep 2006
at 23:26
Re: Combat
Madras claps Amras on the shoulder.  "Keep us safe, friend."  With that, he returns to his bedroll and attempts to get back to sleep.
Yeamon
 player, 79 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 12 Sep 2006
at 10:42
Re: Combat
Yeamon too beds back down, trying to clear his head of the fight, so that he may rest before his early watch.
DM Kindred
 GM, 109 posts
Tue 12 Sep 2006
at 16:06
Re: Combat
The morning comes bright and early the other watches for the night went by without incident.

OCC: You have one more day and a little bit before you reach the hideout. You should get there a couple hours after sunset.
Yeamon
 player, 80 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 13 Sep 2006
at 12:43
Re: Combat
Brother Yeamon talks little as the party resumes its journey to the hideout. He walks a little way off from the others, enjoying his own thoughts, and his spirits raise as he takes in the clean crisp air and marvels at the abundance of life about him. Thoughts of battle are pushed far out of his mind as he searches for an inner peace.
Madras
 player, 33 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 13 Sep 2006
at 20:11
Re: Combat
Madras clearly misses Yeamon's intent for distancing himself, as he wanders in the contemplative's direction about half an hour later.  "Something troubling you?"
Daven Darkbane
 player, 18 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 13 Sep 2006
at 22:56
Re: Combat
Daven walks in front and keeps his toung in place and eyes on the road ahead. He glanzes at his new companions. He was sure that he would be okey in there presence and make it out alive.

OCC:
00:55, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 25 using 1d20+8. spot.

Amras Telperien
 player, 267 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 14 Sep 2006
at 07:38
Re: Combat
Up early Amras gives a whistle and calls Linwe. Sliding out from the undergrowth Amras is happy to see her moving easily.

After breakfast they set off Amras taking up a position in front of the others with Linwe moving in and out of the undergrowth.
Yeamon
 player, 81 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 14 Sep 2006
at 14:37
Re: Combat
Yeamon senses the priest's approach, his head bowing slightly in acknowledgment of his question.

"No, nothing troubles me at present." The monk keeps his eyes ahead as he speaks, as if he is concentrating of something in the distance. "There will be confrontation soon no doubt. I have no wish to dwell on it beforehand. Rather occupy one's mind with better thoughts."
Madras
 player, 34 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Thu 14 Sep 2006
at 19:06
Re: Combat
"That's the spirit, Yeamon," Madras says, grinning widely.  "Don't let potential problems worry you; deal with them as they come.  As the Morninglord tells us, there's always tomorrow.  'Course, some use that as an excuse to procrastinate."
   He trots back to the rest of the group, humming something, badly out of tune.
DM Kindred
 GM, 110 posts
Thu 14 Sep 2006
at 19:20
Re: Combat
As the party travels they do so without incident for the first half of the day. The closer they get to their destination the more uneasy they get. Sometime after their midday break they come upon a cabin in the woods. It seems to be empty but Amras notices tracks around. Some of the tracks are wolf tracks but they are very strange.

The cabin is obviously the cabin of some type of hunter as there are racks for drying animal skins and sheds for drying meat
Amras Telperien
 player, 268 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 15 Sep 2006
at 07:26
Re: Combat
PLacing his hand into the air Amras kneels down and studies the tracks. Lookicng at them closely a look of puzzlement crosses over his face. "Have any of you heard of any strange things going on in this are? he asks. "These tracks are wolf tracks but are not quite right."
Yeamon
 player, 82 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 15 Sep 2006
at 10:12
Re: Combat
Yeamon stops as he catches up with the ranger at the cabin, waiting for him to reveal the nature of the marks he is examining.

Amras's comments about the strangeness of the tracks, reassured Yeamon a little that his own growing doubts were not without merit. "Are there any tracks of men?" Brother Yeamon asks the ranger coolly, trying to judge whether the cabin was in frequent use. He looks around for signs life, such as freshly chopped wood or signs of a recent fire.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 19 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 15 Sep 2006
at 17:26
Re: Combat
Daven walks over towards teh door. A little bit abouth 10 feet from the house he checks for traps to the door and also check the door befor knoocking on the door. He waits for a response from the inside of the huse.

OCC:
19:27, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 27 using 1d20+9. search traps.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:28, Fri 15 Sept 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 111 posts
Fri 15 Sep 2006
at 19:45
Re: Combat
Amras:



Daven

There are no traps and no response to the knocking

Yeamon

There is a stack of firewood that is large and looks like it was cut fairly recently. There is a chimney so there probably wouldnt be any outdoor fires.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 20 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 15 Sep 2006
at 22:00
Re: Combat
Daven opens the door. After all people could be "hurt in there.". He walks in, but has his sword drawn. There might be someone that will try to attack as he enters. He quickly scans the area with his usely keen eyes.

OCC:
00:00, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 11 using 1d20+8. listen.
00:00, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 14 using 1d20+8. spot.

Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 49 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 15 Sep 2006
at 22:29
Re: Combat
Lynx looks solomnly around the scene.  At Amras's question, he tries to think back if he had heard something in passing.

17:29, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 13 using 1d20+5. Bardic Knowledge.
DM Kindred
 GM, 112 posts
Fri 15 Sep 2006
at 23:53
Re: Combat
Lynx recalls a specific thing he had heard. Not in passing but on his way back to the Inn.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 50 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sat 16 Sep 2006
at 05:38
Re: Combat
Amras, these are wolf tracks you say?  Mmm, I remember hearing a wolf howling the night we were returning to town with our Orc Prisoner."  says Lynx as he thinks back.  He walks up to Amras and looking at the tracks.  "And it didn't seem right either.  I don't like this...not one bit."
Yeamon
 player, 84 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sat 16 Sep 2006
at 18:02
Re: Combat
"How many?", Yeamon quietly asks Lynx and Amras who are both in discussion over the tracks, when he sees Daven enter the cabin.

Before an answer can come, Yeamon quickly strides over to the hut so as to keep the rogue in sight. Those closest to him can detect the faintest grumble of frustration; 'Impulsive types' not bringing out the best of his nature.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:07, Sat 16 Sept 2006.