The North: The Ram's Head Inn 2.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
Amras Telperien
 player, 269 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Sat 16 Sep 2006
at 19:36
Re: Combat
"No they just aren't right are they." replies Amras to Lynx.

Kneeling down once more he studies the tracks even more carefully.


FROM DM

Some of the tracks are too large to be normal wolves, some are too heavy and some just plain seem to be walking on hind legs. Also there are too many tracks criss-crossing the area for you to be certain of a number.


This message was last edited by the GM at 18:51, Sun 17 Sept 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 114 posts
Sat 16 Sep 2006
at 19:39
Re: Combat
Daven

The room is empty of people but there is cold ahs in the fireplace and the remains of a hastily left meal. There are also some signs of struggle as some furniture is broken. There is also a shelf that has been broken down and several figurines (decorative) lie broken on the ground.

Yeamon

While Lynx and Amras look at the tracks you notice a shed around the side of the house with the door slightly ajar.
Yeamon
 player, 85 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sun 17 Sep 2006
at 09:45
Re: Combat
On seeing the door of the shed, Yeamon stops briefly to turn and gesture for Madras to follow. But he remains where he is, keeping the interior of the cabin in sight, until the others catch up.
Madras
 player, 36 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sun 17 Sep 2006
at 12:42
Re: Combat
As soon as Yeamon gestures to him, Madras jogs to close the distance.  "What's on your mind?"

FROM DM

You guys see the door ajar but because of the angle you can't see anything inside

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:48, Sun 17 Sept 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 115 posts
Sun 17 Sep 2006
at 18:52
Re: Combat
Replies in posts above.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 52 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sun 17 Sep 2006
at 21:59
Re: Combat
As the details of the tracks become more clear, Lynx gets a deeper sick feeling, like fear.  He knows something isn't right here, he just can't put his finger on it.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:05, Mon 18 Sept 2006.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 22 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 17 Sep 2006
at 22:59
Re: Combat
As Daven does not know about what his companions are doing outside he desides to go over to the ash and dig a little into the ash to check if there is some heat left in the ash. He also makes a good search in the room for any clues for what he might find.(bits of fure, blood pools, any unconstious people hidden under a desk or soem other place)

OCC:
23:09, Yesterday: Daven Darkbane rolled 26 using 1d20+9. search.


Nothing like that. The ashes are cold and there is no sign of anyone.


This message was last edited by the GM at 03:12, Mon 18 Sept 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 270 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Sun 17 Sep 2006
at 23:04
Re: Combat
Looking across at Lynx a worried frown appears on his forehead. "I am not sure on numbers but what I am sure of is that there are some normal wolves around but there are also some wolves that are not. In fact I am not sure but some may be werewolves, but that is only a guess. What I do know is that some of them are standing on two feet." explains Amras.
DM Kindred
 GM, 116 posts
Mon 18 Sep 2006
at 03:13
Re: Combat
Replies in post above.
Madras
 player, 37 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Mon 18 Sep 2006
at 06:00
Re: Combat
Madras pulls out a wickedly-curved dagger forged with alchemical silver.  "Well, if there is a lycanthrope lurking around, I can take care of it.  I've got weapons and magic that can deal with their kind."  He replaces the dagger in the sheath at his belt, then turns his attention back to Yeamon.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 23 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 18 Sep 2006
at 10:49
Re: Combat
Daven walk out after searching the house. No one inside the house. He walk over to Madras and Amras. He still got his sword drawn and ready.
Yeamon
 player, 86 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Mon 18 Sep 2006
at 18:20
Re: Combat
With the reappearence of Daven, and Madras alongside, Yeamon nods in the direction of the shed. With that he walks coolly toward the ajar door. As he nears the door, his right hand glides into his belt pouch, and drawing forth a small package which he holds between his fingers.
DM Kindred
 GM, 117 posts
Mon 18 Sep 2006
at 19:11
Re: Combat
As you approach the door an unmistakable stench greets your nostrils and you hear a buzzing noise. The stench is the smell of rotting meat.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 24 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 18 Sep 2006
at 23:17
Re: Combat
As he smells the rooting flesh he opens the door, atleast beliving what he would find inside the door. He look at the ground befor anything else.
DM Kindred
 GM, 118 posts
Tue 19 Sep 2006
at 00:12
Re: Combat
Daven is forced to step back as a cloud of flies hit him in the face and disperse into the forest. The smell is now unbearable as Davens eyes come upon a mangled corpse that looks as if its been chewed on.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 25 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Tue 19 Sep 2006
at 00:17
Re: Combat
He takes a few steps back. His face twisted by the scene infront of him. He holds his hand infront of his mouth and nose. he looks shocked. Much had he seen, nut this was the worst. After a few breaths he find out that he should search the shed for any clues. He would not like it, but It should be done.

OCC:
02:16, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 25 using 1d20+9. search.

DM Kindred
 GM, 119 posts
Tue 19 Sep 2006
at 00:18
Re: Combat
You see some tracks. You can't make anything of them but maybe another member of your team could. :)
Amras Telperien
 player, 271 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 19 Sep 2006
at 07:34
Re: Combat
Seeing Daven's reaction Amras heads over towards him, taking a deep breath before reaching the stench he kneels and studies the tracks.


FROM DM
The person wasn't Killed here. The body was dragged here. The place is covered in Wolf tracks and while looking near the body you find a small peice of paper obviously left behind that has a painting of Malar's holy symbol

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:50, Wed 20 Sept 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 87 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 20 Sep 2006
at 07:22
Re: Combat
Yeamon reels away from the shed, his hand clasped over his nose and mouth to protect him from the stench of rotting flesh. He waits to see if the ranger can make anything of the mangled corpse.
DM Kindred
 GM, 120 posts
Wed 20 Sep 2006
at 14:51
Re: Combat
Replies in posts above
Amras Telperien
 player, 272 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 20 Sep 2006
at 15:12
Re: Combat
Shaking his head Amras stands up and rejoins Yeamon. "The body was dragged here and he was already dead, killed by the malarites I would guess, I found this piece of paper with their symbol on." he says angrily, "We need to move on if we are going to save this boy. Does anyone know enough of this Malar religion to know when they make their sacrifices? he asks.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 15:36, Wed 20 Sept 2006.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 26 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 20 Sep 2006
at 15:25
Re: Combat
No I do not, but seen as time may be short we should make haste. The boys llife is in danger. He put his sword back into its place and start to look at the others.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 53 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 20 Sep 2006
at 17:36
Re: Combat
Lynx approaches the shed and scoffs back as the stench assails his senses.  "This is a sad scene indeed.  These Malarites are a sick bunch." he says.
Madras
 player, 38 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 20 Sep 2006
at 20:02
Re: Combat
Madras bows his head, praying to the Morninglord for the slain.  When he finishes his prayer, he tells Amras, "Sorry, I don't know much about the Malarite faith.  Never had a reason to look into it.  Doesn't matter, let's get moving."

[15:00, Today: Madras rolled 9 using 1d20+7. Knowledge (religion) check.  Cursed dice!]
Yeamon
 player, 88 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 21 Sep 2006
at 19:02
Re: Combat
"Amras, are there any tracks we can follow?" The monk says as he composes himself, now stood several feet away from the nauseous structure.