The North: The Ram's Head Inn 2.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
Amras Telperien
 player, 273 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 22 Sep 2006
at 07:33
Re: Combat
Hearing Yeamon's question Amras begins again to look around as he attempts to pick up any trail, "It is going to be difficult, there are a lot of different tracks made up of different animals and people."
Yeamon
 player, 89 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 22 Sep 2006
at 09:51
Re: Combat
"Then maybe we should let them find us," Yeamon says after a moment's thought. "Give them the chance to find new blood for their sacrifices. Something so tempting they cannot resist coming to us."

Yeamon looks around for approval as he continues thinking aloud. "We either need them to lead us to their camp, or capture one of them who will give us the information. But the latter is more risky, after our last experience with the druid."

"I believe I can trust you," Yeamon begins, looking at Lynx and Amras with whom he has shared more experiences, "I could act as bait. I can fight unarmed and the druid has a score to settle with me. You could mark me with a scent that Linwe could track. Just don't be too long eh?"

The monk waits responses, not really knowing if he wants their support for the plan.

OOC: DM, I'll be off for a couple of days. Feel free to control this character until I'm back.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:56, Fri 22 Sept 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 121 posts
Fri 22 Sep 2006
at 14:05
Re: Combat
OCC: I'll assume Amras tells you all the things he finds so I'll just post it public.

The tracks leading from the shed are all more or less regular wolf tracks. With the exception of two sets. One is the one that was walking upright. It travels to the end of the clearing and then disappears. It doesn't fade it just stops suddenly. The other circles the area once then heads off in the direction that based on the map you know the Malarite encampment to be.



P.S. Remember, Daven has a map to the area. It doesn't show the exact location but it does show the direction at least. You should have no trouble finding it.
Amras Telperien
 player, 274 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 22 Sep 2006
at 14:09
Re: Combat
"I think it would be too dangerous Yeamon, my guess is they have at leat one druid who can easily hide tracks." says Amras, standing back up straight,"We have the map and a rough idea as to where the camp is. Let's move on and see if we can find it before darkness and then plan our attack."
DM Kindred
 GM, 122 posts
Fri 22 Sep 2006
at 15:59
Re: Combat
Does anyone want to do anything else before you move on? There is really no more info to be found.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 27 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 22 Sep 2006
at 16:06
Re: Combat
OCC: no lets m,ove on
Madras
 player, 39 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 22 Sep 2006
at 19:58
Re: Combat
[OOC: Agreed, let's keep going.]
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 54 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sat 23 Sep 2006
at 00:46
Re: Combat
OOC Agreed.
Yeamon
 player, 90 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 26 Sep 2006
at 06:18
Re: Combat
OOC: Back now. OK, let's keep going.
DM Kindred
 GM, 123 posts
Tue 26 Sep 2006
at 17:43
Re: Combat
Sorry guys, little burned out. I'll update later or tomorrow.
DM Kindred
 GM, 124 posts
Fri 29 Sep 2006
at 15:41
Re: Combat
The party leaves the woodcutters cabin after burying what was left of him. After travelling for several hours stopping once to take a breather night is begining to fall. Not only is the sky getting darker but the woods also are getting darker. The trees are more dense and even the few animals you see are for want of a better word "evil looking". It is as if something has put a stranglehold on the land. Amras, you begin to feel uncomfortable in these surroundings and Linwe is growling low in her throat. At about dusk you arrive at shelf of rock looking down into a valley. In the valley you see the entrance to a large cave. There are goblin and Kobold slaves working in the area and you see crude huts and a building that looks to be an armoury, based on the fact that there is an emblem with two crossed axes on the wall in Bas Relief.


OCC: Sorry for the delay guys.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 55 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 29 Sep 2006
at 16:25
Re: Combat
Lynx looks down at the camp site, he looks at the others and whispers, "Well then, shall we go into the Lion's Den...or Wolf's Den as it may be."
DM Kindred
 GM, 125 posts
Fri 29 Sep 2006
at 17:22
Re: Combat
Its about 1/2 an hour till sunset. 1 hour till full dark
Madras
 player, 40 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 29 Sep 2006
at 19:14
Re: Combat
Madras digs out a six-inch-long rod made of some sort of ceramic material, with metal caps on the ends, as well as a couple stray leather straps.  With the straps, he lashes the rod onto his morningstar, just below the head.  When he receives inquiring looks, he explains, "It's a sunrod.  This way, I'll have a light source and still be able to fight."  He waits to ignite it, not wanting to give away the group's position just yet.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 28 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 30 Sep 2006
at 00:54
Re: Combat
I could get closer without some of you. Some ma be well adapted to hiding in the forest. He looks to the other for acception of his plan. After all he would be risking his own neck and not theres.
DM Kindred
 GM, 126 posts
Sat 30 Sep 2006
at 01:14
Re: Combat
While the party discuss' probable plans anyone on watch will notuice the "slaves" heading to their hovels with 4 goblins left outside to guard the armory.
Yeamon
 player, 91 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sun 1 Oct 2006
at 19:46
Re: Combat
"We should proceed immediately. We do not know how long the boy will stay alive." Yeamon utters the words quietly to those around him, while he keeps his gaze on the goblins in the valley below.

"That is if he IS still alive," he continues, emphasising the unknown part of the equation. "We need to ensure those goblins do not alert the others to our presence. Anyone have any ideas?" This time the monk looks around to the group.

OOC: To DM - is there a safe path down into the valley, or will we struggle to descend the way in the dark? In other words, would we be foolish to wait for nightfall?

This message was last edited by the player at 19:50, Sun 01 Oct 2006.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 29 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 1 Oct 2006
at 20:10
Re: Combat
I suggest that we move with stelth and I might quickly kill them with my sword seen as I'm good at hitting the sweat spots so to speak. If We had someone shoting a few with arrows and I kill at least one or two without  the goblins even noticing me. '

OCC:
Can we get a small map of the area. Then I think atleast of how the goblins are in terms of sight of each other.

DM Kindred
 GM, 127 posts
Sun 1 Oct 2006
at 20:41
Re: Combat
Most of the goblins have gone inside and you see no evidence of them. For all you know they are already asleep. The only other ones you see are 4 guarding the armory and if you decided to bypass there you could easily slip into the cave  mouth that the map indicates is the entrance to the Malarite Cult's secret base.


Yeamon: No it wouldn't be foolish to wait till full dark. There is a path down and  you will have cover.
Amras Telperien
 player, 275 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 2 Oct 2006
at 07:38
Re: Combat
"If we wait til dark we should be able to get in unannounced. What we don't want to do is wake the whole place up." says Amras.

OOC: sorry for lack of post RL is killing me at the moment!
Daven Darkbane
 player, 31 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 2 Oct 2006
at 16:49
Re: Combat
Atleast let me walk infront of you. i can move more silently and stay hidden as we make our way down into the cave. Tehg darkness will help us get passed any guards, but we are still going to kill thefour goblins. He draws his sword and eagerly awaits the groupes disission.
Madras
 player, 41 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Tue 3 Oct 2006
at 18:16
Re: Combat
Madras nods in confirmation.  "Agreed.  Let's try to silence them quickly, so they don't raise an alarm.  I doubt that everyone in that cave is asleep, and we don't want them knowing ahead of time that we're coming.  No heroic charges or battle-cries this time, fellas."  He hefts his morningstar, waiting on the stealthier members to lead the way.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 32 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Tue 3 Oct 2006
at 22:34
Re: Combat
Well then it's just to wait for the dark ness to fall befor moving. We should eat befor we start. It might be some time befor we can get a snack againe. He sits down and pick up a ration and start to eat.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 56 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 4 Oct 2006
at 05:28
Re: Combat
OOC:Yeah RL is hitting me hard too.  So my posting has been a bit hectic as well.

Lynx nods in agreement to the plan, "Darkness is our best bet to get in unnoticed. he whispers.
Yeamon
 player, 93 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 4 Oct 2006
at 11:19
Re: Combat
Yeamon nods in agreement with the others, then settles down on a patch of grass, peeling back his hood as he does so revealing his shiny bald head. His head drops as if asleep, but a low guttural murmur emanating from his reveals his meditative state, waiting for darkness to fall.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:21, Wed 04 Oct 2006.