The North: Into The Lion's Den.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
Madras
 player, 74 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sat 24 Mar 2007
at 05:16
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"What did it say?"  Madras advances on the spirit, shifting his weapon into his shield-hand and placing his now-freed hand on his belt, where his holy symbol a rose-colored disc of wood hangs by a clip.  "If you can, spirit, speak to us in the Common tongue."

He waits, not yet drawing the emblem forth, allowing it a moment to respond.

[First sign of hostilities, that thing's getting a greater turning.]
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 33 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Sat 24 Mar 2007
at 07:54
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"[Elven] My apologies, noble spirit, I did not mean to steal your blade.  We are fighting to release a child from the vile druids of Malar, however, and I intended to bring this blade against them, in the hopes that it's powerful magic could be the edge we need to bring them down," Kalem explained, and let go of the enhanced blade, not taking the time right now to translate to the priest.
Lianna
 player, 19 posts
Sat 24 Mar 2007
at 21:49
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna, however, quietly translated Kalem's words into common for the benefit of any members of theh group that could not speak elven.  But she made certain to nod her head in respect to the elven spector, wondering if somehow this elf could have been of her mother's line just as she always wondered about any live elf she met.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 88 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 26 Mar 2007
at 13:43
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven stands near the Kalem speaks with the elven armor. He held a close eye at the ting to make sure that he was prepared for a attack if it should happen.
Amras Telperien
 player, 323 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 27 Mar 2007
at 07:55
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras also steps forwards and says in elven, "Yes our apologies. We did not mean to disturb your rest but if I may ask why do you remain here?"
Yeamon
 player, 138 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Wed 28 Mar 2007
at 16:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon does nothing, but stand uneasily in the company of the spirit. He waits for the cue of those who have an apetite for talking to the dead, hoping that the situation will resolve itself without involving him.
DM Kindred
 GM, 228 posts
Sat 31 Mar 2007
at 23:50
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The ghost goes silent for a moment and seems to be fading in and out of the material plane. When he finally speaks his voice is filled with profound sadness.

A Paladin of Correllon Larethian I am, or was. I led a party of my fellow elves in here in battle many decades ago. We came in here to dispose of a band of foul orcs who had been using the place as a base. I was killed here and my holy symbol stolen by a shaman of the orc god Gruumsh. His foul touch upon it wounded my soul and I did not have the heart to seek Arvandor. I turned away from my reward and now I am here.

I managed to kill most of the orcs who were here but the cursed shaman managed to get away with my holy symbol and I am stuck in this room.
He waved a hand at all the skeletons on the floor I manage to kill any who try to steal my belongings so the folk who now inhabit this cavern have learned to leave me be.

If you wish my sword and armour, you must return to me my holy symbol. The shaman knowing that I could not leave this room hid my symbol somewhere in this cavern. He left it purposefully knowing that I would sense its power and not be able to retrive it.


The ghosrt gives off a moan so terrible and saddening that all in the room feel touched by his profound misery. He starts to flicker once again, The symbol is in here in a room that you have not searched yet bring it back and you will be rewarded. Please, allow me my rest.

With that the armour floats back down and the ghost is gone.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:53, Sat 31 Mar 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 89 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 2 Apr 2007
at 14:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Maybe that is where the boy is. We need to find him. we can not let him be left behind to these things He got forth his blade and started to walk towards the room they had not searched.  he got to be there. I'll slaughter all who stand in my path. Every orc, goblin or foul creatur in my path. Apperently Daven had something on his mind, because it seemed like he was not speaking so much to the others as himself. He was by far not a man to give much to others. Well taken his profession atleast.
Madras
 player, 75 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Mon 2 Apr 2007
at 20:15
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras shifted his morningstar back into his free hand, shifting his grip on his shield to allow him to control it again.  "Remind me to stay behind this man at all times.  Let's go find this shaman.  There's a room we haven't yet reached?  Let's go to it, then."
DM Kindred
 GM, 229 posts
Mon 2 Apr 2007
at 22:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OCC: There was a passage when you just entered the cavern where you could have gone left but you went right. Judging by the map there are only one or two rooms up that way.
Amras Telperien
 player, 324 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 3 Apr 2007
at 08:20
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Joining Daven, Amras easily keeps pace with him, "Let's move I don't like what that druid said about the boy. Let's hope we are not too late!"
DM Kindred
 GM, 230 posts
Fri 6 Apr 2007
at 07:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The party moves swiftly and silently through the cavern reaching the door they had discovered earlier. Though about 45 minutes have passed since they were here before, the noise still continues and the party hears mostly the gruff voices of orcs speaking their gutteral tongue. By the sound of it there is some sort of revelry going on behind the stout wooden door.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 90 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 6 Apr 2007
at 13:37
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven goes close to the door and try to listen how many voices there are inside. it's always nice to know what you are up againest. He also checks the door to see if it's locked.
Yeamon
 player, 139 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sun 8 Apr 2007
at 09:30
Re: Into the Lion's Den
With the apparition thankfully gone for the time being, Yeamon follows Daven and Amras's lead. With a quick arm movement, he wipes away the cold sweat that had appeared on his brow, brought on by the presence of the unnatural thing.
Amras Telperien
 player, 325 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 12 Apr 2007
at 14:03
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras moves up to the door and listens carefully.
DM Kindred
 GM, 233 posts
Sat 14 Apr 2007
at 16:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
It sounds as if there are a large number of orcs inside. 10-15 maybe.
Yeamon
 player, 141 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sun 15 Apr 2007
at 08:13
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Listening to the descriptions of what the others can here, Yeamon grunts in concern. He whispers in his deep voice "I think it unwise to disturb them. We cannot overwhelm so many in our present condition. Perhaps not at all. Unless any of you have any bright ideas?". He looks expectantly in the direction of the two newcomers.
Amras Telperien
 player, 326 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 16 Apr 2007
at 13:51
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"But we need to find the boy and my guess is he is in there."whispers Amras.
Yeamon
 player, 142 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Tue 17 Apr 2007
at 09:22
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"This boy could cost us all our lives. There are many hostile creatures behind that door. If he is in there, he will likely be dead before we reach him; at least if we barge in. If we must rescue him, there must be a better way, so that we do not throw our lives away cheaply." Yeamon's voice, still hushed, is full of concern.

Again, looking around at the others, the monk lays pulls back his hood revealing a cloth cap. Addressing them all, "I can change my appearance with item. I could enter disguised as the druid we slew. I don't know if it will fool them, but we could use it to create a distraction. Perhaps you could hold me hostage until they let the boy go?" Yeamon looks around for a reaction.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:23, Tue 17 Apr 2007.

Kalem Greycastle
 player, 36 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Tue 17 Apr 2007
at 11:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"An illusion might give us the edge we need - and I think I can provide another, as well.  I can turn one of us invisible, so they could slip behind the enemies' backs, and provide us with a tactical advantage thus."
Amras Telperien
 player, 327 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 17 Apr 2007
at 11:34
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"That could work assuming the orcs follow the druid without question and I think it could be worth a go. If we stay near the wall at least we can make sure we do not get surrounded." whisper Amras in reply.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 93 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 18 Apr 2007
at 12:47
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Well all sounds like a good idea. I suggest that we do both. Let's assume that the boy is chained down with lock and all. Who here can open locks without me. It would be mighty hard to get trough invisible trough the door without anyone noticing that the door opened and closed. Wait. Does anyone speak orcish. We could try and fool them by sound the alarm and making them run all the way down into the cavern and while they did that make the rescue attemt of the boy and as well make our escape. he wisphered slowly. He kinda liked that idea. It could actully work without them all dying.
Lianna
 player, 24 posts
Wed 18 Apr 2007
at 12:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna stays quiet, supporting the plan but with a tiny frown on her face nevertheless.  Once again she was proving useless, unable to help her Kalem nor their rescuers in saving a poor little boy.
Madras
 player, 78 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 18 Apr 2007
at 17:16
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras sets his morningstar against the wall, then rubs his chin with his free hand.  "I can't speak Orcish, and there's no way I could move quietly in this armor.  And this weapon isn't exactly the sort you'd use to threaten someone.  I could use this, though," he says, withdrawing a silver-bladed dagger.
   "If we want to try the hostage route, I could be the aggressor.  If one of you goes invisible, though, you'll want to be able to move without sound."

[OOC: I can give the sneaky-type person a guidance spell before we go, give them an extra +1 to one skill roll.]
Yeamon
 player, 143 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Wed 18 Apr 2007
at 22:17
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Seeing that there was some approval of the plan, Yeamon quickly nodded. "Madras, you take hold of me, and put that dagger to my throat. Be careful mind. Amras, too; the three of us should venture in. Kalem, can you make Daven disappear before us? The rest of you stay out of sight but within earshot. Let's not show them our whole hand yet." With that the monk closes his eyes, concentrating on the image of the druid that he had now fought twice. His appearence began to flicker....

This message was last edited by the player at 22:20, Wed 18 Apr 2007.