The North: Into The Lion's Den.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
DM Kindred
 GM, 236 posts
Thu 19 Apr 2007
at 05:15
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon's features become liquid and his face changes into the face of the druid you just killed.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:51, Thu 19 Apr 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 94 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 19 Apr 2007
at 12:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Giving a nod to Kalem Daven makes ready to be turned invisible and only hoped that it would work. How fun would it not be if he turned vsible in the middle of a whole groupe of orcs.
Lianna
 player, 25 posts
Fri 20 Apr 2007
at 01:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Tentatively, the shy sorceress stepped forward, clearing her throat softly.  "I...I can see what you are trying to do, but I can still tell that it is not you.  Now I hope that I am much smarter than the average orc, but it is your own life as well as the boys that you are risking.  I just thought that you should know," Lianna said, several times glancing at Kalem as if for reassurance while she twisted around her finger a ring with a gem set in that matched the color of her hair.
Madras
 player, 79 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 20 Apr 2007
at 01:52
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras reaches up and flips Yeamon's hood back over his head.  He then places a hand on Kalem's head, asking Lathander to guide his steps, then wraps his shield-arm around the monk's shoulders.

"Best way to do this is to not give them a chance to look too closely.  Let me play the bad guy; a cleric of the Morninglord versus their clearly twisted druid?  They'll buy that."  He brings up his knife and positions himself so that he can give the door a firm kick.  "If they get violent, I've got a little trick that'll give them pause."  He nods, waiting for the aforementioned invisibility spell.

[I cast guidance on Kalem, giving him a +1 on one skill check or attack roll.  Make it count.]
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 37 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Fri 27 Apr 2007
at 13:32
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC:  You might want to use that spell on someone else, Madras - Kalem won't be doing any skill checks, and he'll be a weak choice for melee combat, with or without that +1 bonus.

Casting his spell upon Daven, Kalem turned the rogue invisible, before moving to stand next to Lianna again, waiting for their plan to be set into motion. . .
Madras
 player, 82 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 27 Apr 2007
at 19:25
Re: Into the Lion's Den
[Yeah, it was meant for Daven to use on his Move Silent roll.]

As soon as Kalem finishes his spell, Madras puts his shield-arm around Yeamon, brings his knife up to a threatening position, and kicks the door open.  "Anyone move and the druid dies," the priest intones, putting on his best air of righteousness.  He pauses for just a second giving Daven the time he'd need to slip through the door before half-dragging his 'prisoner' into the room.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 96 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 28 Apr 2007
at 12:38
Re: Into the Lion's Den
After daven is made invisble he is not seen or heared unless you had the ears of god know what but atleast extreamly keen.
DM Kindred
 GM, 238 posts
Sat 28 Apr 2007
at 21:55
Re: Into the Lion's Den
When you enter the room you see that there are not quite as many orcs as you thought before. 5 orcs sit around a long table eating meat that looks mostly raw. A look of shock and dumb surprise is clearly marked on their faces. In one corner you see the boy with a leash around his neck. A chain goes from the leash to the wall where it seems to be anchored by a spike driven into the rock. He has several wounds that seem to be healing badly. They look like bite marks.

OCC: Need a bluff check Madras.
Madras
 player, 83 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sun 29 Apr 2007
at 20:24
Re: Into the Lion's Den
[Argh!  Rock bottom!  A 3.  Even if you give them the 'wants to believe' penalty, it'd take a miracle for this to work.  Expect things to go pear-shaped, peeples!]
Yeamon
 player, 145 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Thu 3 May 2007
at 18:07
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon waits, poised for action, trying to gauge whether the ruse is working. He drops his head low, so that the hood covers as much of his face as possible, and squirms in a feeble fashion under the arm of Madras.
DM Kindred
 GM, 239 posts
Thu 3 May 2007
at 22:24
Re: Into the Lion's Den
An orc who you take to be the leader stands and looks weirdly at you. You can tell he doesn't beleive you. He suddenly throws his head back and roars with laughter, Nice try Sun Priest! he sneers, I know that your weak god would never allow you to kill our master in cold blood so why don't you let him go and then we will kill you quickly instead of torturing you to death. The orc grins evilly and stares directly at Madras a cold malevolence reflected in his eyes.
Madras
 player, 84 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 4 May 2007
at 03:07
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras looks up at the orc, meeting its gaze and refusing to flinch.  A corner of his mouth quirks up, and he says two words in the Celestial tongue.  In response, a shaft of sunlight beams down from the ceiling, and when it fades, the cleric is over ten feet tall.  The dagger he'd been holding now more closely resembles a pike, and the morningstar held in his off-hand is nearly as big as the orc's head.
   "Who's weak now, toothless?"

[Starting the festivities by casting enlarge person on myself.  Clobberin' time.]
Amras Telperien
 player, 328 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 4 May 2007
at 13:11
Re: Into the Lion's Den
With both sword sword and long sword drawn Amras remains outside the room but near the door ready to run to Madras's help.
Yeamon
 player, 146 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sat 5 May 2007
at 09:07
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Sensing he only has a moment to act to save their ruse, Yeamon throws himself forward toward the orcs, as if he has wrestled himself from the priest's grasp as he cast his spell. He prays that orcs will rush to his aid...
Daven Darkbane
 player, 97 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 5 May 2007
at 12:31
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven still not seen.
DM Kindred
 GM, 244 posts
Wed 6 Jun 2007
at 15:43
Re: Into the Lion's Den
  | A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |1
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 2|  |  |  |  |AT|  |Or|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |2
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 3|KG|  |MA|MA|  |Or| T|Or|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |3
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 4|LI|  |MA|MA|  |Or| T|Or|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |4
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 5|  |  |  |  |  |  |Or|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |5
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 6|  |  |  |  |  |  |DD|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 7|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |YE|By| |  |7
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--


Key:

DD: Door
TT: Table
Or: Orc
MA: Madras
YE: Yeamon
DD: Daven
By: Boy
AT: Amras
LI: Lianna

Ok this is how it is set up as of now. Can the rest of you please let me know where you are if you've entered the room yet? The party won initiative and can go first. Anyone who acts and is outside the room just once you enter just name the square you end up in so I can update accordingly. Once again sorry for the delay but When my pc crashed I lost a lot of info.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:02, Sat 16 June 2007.

Madras
 player, 86 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 6 Jun 2007
at 19:31
Re: Into the Lion's Den
As Yeamon jumps out of the way, Madras growls in fury and swings his massive morningstar.  The weapon sails over the monk's head, smashing into the nearest orc.

[Five-foot step towards the orcs  (I'll be in C3-D4).  Invoking my Feat of Strength ability, then hitting AC 13 (which probably missed) for 10 points of damage.  Cursed 20-sider!]
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 99 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 6 Jun 2007
at 21:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven stabs they orc next to him in the back and quickly readys himself to be in a great deal of danger. you should keep you eyes open. he whispers into the orcs ear. You never know when death may come.
Yeamon
 player, 147 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Thu 7 Jun 2007
at 09:45
Re: Into the Lion's Den
As Madras swings his weapon overhead toward the orcs, Yeamon rolls to the side and to his feet. He then races as fast as he can toward the boy in an arc to the right of the group of orcs.
Amras Telperien
 player, 330 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 7 Jun 2007
at 10:30
Re: Into the Lion's Den
With the rising noise Amras realises the plan has failed and rushes into the room.

On entering the room he heads left and towards the orcs.

Anywhere along the "2" row dependent on how far I can get.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 39 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Thu 7 Jun 2007
at 14:02
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Moving to stand in the door, Kalem raised his wand, and after speaking a simple command word, he unleashed bolts of magical force into the orc which had been doing the talking, meaning to silence the wretched being forever. . .
DM Kindred
 GM, 245 posts
Thu 7 Jun 2007
at 16:55
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras:

You can move to E2 using 30ft of movement, (5 outside the room and 25 inside) so you can still attack once.

Yeamon:

With your fast movement ability you can reach the boy this round by using a double move.

I have updated everyone on the map to reflect their movement during the round so far. Once everyone has posted the orcs will go. And I will make a wrap up post for round one.
Amras Telperien
 player, 331 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 8 Jun 2007
at 08:40
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Reaching the orcs Amras slashes at the first orc his longsword biting deep into the orc.

Steadying himself Amras brings his shortsword into sight and stares at the orc, blood dripping from the blade of the longsword.

09:36, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 25 using 1d20+11. Longsword attack vs orc.
09:36, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 8 using 1d8+4. Damage.

DM Kindred
 GM, 246 posts
Wed 13 Jun 2007
at 02:13
Re: Into the Lion's Den
I'm gonna give Lianna a day or two more.
Lianna
 player, 29 posts
Wed 13 Jun 2007
at 02:40
Re: Into the Lion's Den
So sorry!

Lianna steps up be Kalem and peeks around the door, casting her most powerful spell but, unfortunately, misses.