The North: Into The Lion's Den.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
DM Kindred
 GM, 248 posts
Sat 16 Jun 2007
at 16:54
Re: Into the Lion's Den
  | A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |1
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 2|  |  |  |  |AT|  |OC|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |2
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 3|KG|  |MA|MA|  |B1| T|W1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |3
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 4|LI|  |MA|MA|B2|  | T|W2|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |4
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 5|  |  |  |  |  |  |WH|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |5
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 6|  |  |  |  |  |  |DD|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 7|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |YE|By| |  |7
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--


Key


Allies
AT: Amras (15 damage)
KG: Kalem
LI: Lianna
DD: Daven
YE: Yeamon
MA: Madras
BY: Boy



Enemies
OC: Orc Cleric
WH: Orc ?
B1: Barbarian (8 damage)
B2: Barbarian
W1: Werewolf
W2: Werewolf






As the party springs into action, the orcs are taken somewhat by surprise. Amras rushes into the room and cuts deeply into one while Daven sneaks up from behind and stabs one in the back. A now giant sized Madras tries to take down another but the orc nimbly ducks out of the way avoiding the large morningstar. Kalem and Lianna enter and cast thier spells. Kalem's magic missile bringing a hiss of anger from the orc while Lianna's ray goes wide, burning a fist sized hole in the nearby wall. Yeamon sprints towards the boy avoiding the orcs altogether and they for the most part ignore him, focusing instead on the ones attacking them.

The orc hit by Daven's and Kalem's attacks, (WH) starts to chant, a low animalstic chant that sounds more like the growling of an animal. The other orcs seem to take heart at this and begin to attack the PC's. The orc at the top of the table (OC) takes a step back and starts to wave his hands in mystic passes while chanting a prayer to his unholy diety (DC: 16 spellcraft to identify spell). The orc who had dodged Madras' blow, feeling confident now screams a cry to Malar and steps forward.(B2) He draws a greataxe from his back and takes a mighty swing. His confidence may be miss placed however as MAdras didn't even need to defend against the blow that went harmlessly wide even though he was such a big target. The orc beside him still somewhat reeling from the blow Amras gave him, screams a battle cry and counter attacks his axe biting deep into the ranger. The other Two orcs (W1, W2) give howls of rage and their bodies start changing. Their snouts elongate, and fur covers thier whole bodies. They grow claws and their tusks turn into sharp fangs. They seem to be a hybrid mixture of orc and wolf, and anypne who has ever heard the firside tales knows exactly what they are, werewolves.




OCC: The orc who was doing the talking is the one that Daven Sneak attacked (WH).

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:49, Sat 16 June 2007.

Madras
 player, 87 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sat 16 Jun 2007
at 17:34
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras raises his morningstar, bringing it crashing down on one orc's head.

[Heh.  You said it was a sword.  I hit AC 20 for 10 points.  Take that!]
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 102 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 16 Jun 2007
at 22:12
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven tryes to feint the orc while. It's not the best he ahs preformed, but some might have fallen for it. He tryes to thrust his blade under the woundable spot at the armpit hoping that his blade would strike true and get trough the armor and cut past the flesh wich lay underneat and bring down the orc.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:11, Mon 18 June 2007.

Yeamon
 player, 151 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sun 17 Jun 2007
at 19:44
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon comes to a halt at the boy's side, giving him a cold stare. He then seizes the youth's forearm in his powerful hand."Stay with me. "

Turning back to the fight, he reaches into his belt to withdraw three shuriken. "Are there others?" he asks the boy.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:10, Mon 18 June 2007.

Lianna
 player, 33 posts
Sun 17 Jun 2007
at 20:48
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna again uses her powerful spell, this time aiming true, thankfully, with a triumphant look on her face.  Being helpful and useful was important to her, especially in such dire circumstances.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:18, Mon 18 June 2007.

DM Kindred
 GM, 250 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2007
at 03:12
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Replies in posts above.
Amras Telperien
 player, 332 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 18 Jun 2007
at 09:00
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Now able to bring his shortsword into play Amras stabs at his opponent before bringing his long sword around in arc in an attempt to slice through the orcs armor.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 40 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Fri 22 Jun 2007
at 11:57
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Kalem moved into the room, and fired off another charge from his wand, sending missiles of force hurling towards the orc closest to Daven.
DM Kindred
 GM, 251 posts
Sat 23 Jun 2007
at 17:07
Re: Into the Lion's Den
  | A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |1
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 2|  |  |  |  |AT|W1|OC|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |2
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 3|KG|  |MA|MA|  |B1| T|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |3
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 4|LI|  |MA|MA|B2|  | T|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |4
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 5|  |WH|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |5
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 6|  |  |  |  |  |  |DD|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 7|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |W2|YE|By| |  |7
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--


Key


Allies
AT: Amras (15 damage)
KG: Kalem
LI: Lianna
DD: Daven
YE: Yeamon
MA: Madras
BY: Boy



Enemies
OC: Orc Cleric
WH: Orc War Howler (18 damage)

B1: Barbarian (Deceased)

B2: Barbarian (10 damage)
W1: Werewolf
W2: Werewolf



As Yeamon tries to get the boy away he realises that the boy is chained to the wall. In response to his question the boy simply whimpers and turns away, closing his eyes and trying to drag his arm out of Yeamon's hand. Daven manages to slip his blade past his opponents defenses bring a howl of rage from the orc Just then Kalem's magic missiles hit and he screams once again. His eyes become more feral and gives Daven a toothy snarl before bounding away towards the spellcasters. Unable to reach Kalem, he heads for the other. It is Lianna who is directly in his path and the others can see that he is intending to put her down for good. (Daven and Madras need to make AOO's before the PC's post their next action. I'll resolve that and then the fight can go onward. If by say tomorrow night they haven't I will do it for them. As for now the orc is charging Lianna and it has hit. If you guys don't take it down before it reaches her she's gonna be in a world of pain.) Meanwhile Madras manages to bring his morningstart down on the head of his opponent and though shaken the orc manages to return a swing of his own. Luckily Madras' hit seemed to have disoriented the creature and it once again fails to hit.

The orc engaging Amras is badly burnt by Lianna's spell allowing the ranger to take him out. Amras' two swords cut into the orc, who clutches his wounds as he falls to the floor. One werewolf runs over to Yeamon and the boy and the other one advances to stand between Amras and OC. He swings a claw at the ranger but the Amras easily dodges the clumsy blow. The other orc, (OC) now with protection, stands calmly and cast another spell. (dc: 16 spellcraft )

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:49, Sat 07 July 2007.

Madras
 player, 88 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sat 23 Jun 2007
at 17:51
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras's morningstar flashes as it swings in a high arc, coming around to catch the war-howler's legs.  As the weapon smashes through the orc's defenses, he brings it up into his first opponent's midsection.  "Amras, give me room!  Daven, help the boy!  Get moving!"
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 103 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 23 Jun 2007
at 18:01
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven thrust his blade into the orc as it goes past him. I's one of his better strikes and he hopes to bring it down swiftly and efficient as well. As to Madras request he says I can open locks but not break chains.
Madras
 player, 89 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sat 23 Jun 2007
at 18:14
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Forget the lock, get the orc!"
DM Kindred
 GM, 252 posts
Sat 23 Jun 2007
at 18:20
Re: Into the Lion's Den
As the orc charges Lianna her allies do not fail her, as he moves off Daven takes advantage of his change of focus and stabs him. Luckily, he gets past his defenses and hits him in the throat. As the gurgling orc runs by him Madras' morning star whips out and hits him over the head felling him for good.

The regular round can go now.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:24, Sat 23 June 2007.

Yeamon
 player, 153 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sat 23 Jun 2007
at 20:02
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Something in the boys face makes Yeamon turn, just in time to see the arrival of the orc cum werewolf. Without time to draw a weapon, the monk pivots and drives an iron fist toward the oncoming figures head, shouting as he does so.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:40, Sun 24 June 2007.

Lianna
 player, 34 posts
Sun 24 Jun 2007
at 16:37
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna's eyes widen in horror, knowing that there is nothing she can do to stop the monster barreling towards her.  She cringes, moving away from Kalem to keep him as protected as possible while calling to mind her spell again in case she should get one last chance to cast before what was surely to be a painful death.

Her horror changes to shock as her new companions save her life.  But, still shaking and afraid, not to mention shocked, her spell flies far over the head of the spellcasting cleric as she recognized the spell he had just cast.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:29, Sun 24 June 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 GM, 104 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 24 Jun 2007
at 22:28
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven cast a look over at Yeamon befor he he rushes to attack the Orc cleric with his trusted blade. as he moves towards his intended pray he shouts out to Yeamon Hold on. SHall just silents this one first and I'll be right over. As he finish speaking he get's to the cleric and thrust his blade towards the cheast as hoping that he'll hit the heart ending the orcs life quick and efficient.
Amras Telperien
 player, 333 posts
 HP 28/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Mon 25 Jun 2007
at 15:45
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Staring at the were wolf Amras tenses as he steps up his attack ignoring the blood seeping from the wound caused by the creatures claw, the long sword singing through the air and biting deep into the wolfs fur. Continuing the attack the blade of the sword sword draws blood as he stabs the creature before returning the long sword back along the same arc and biting deeper into the fles of the lycanthrope.


16:29, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 22 using 1d20+11. L/Sword Att 1.
16:30, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 17 using 1d20+10. S/sword att 1.
16:30, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 25 using 1d20+6. L/Sword att 2.
16:39, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 17 using 1d20+6. poss crit - l/sword 2.
16:39, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 7 using 1d8+4. l/sword dam 1.
16:39, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 5 using 1d8+4. l/sword dam 2.
16:40, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 12 using 1d8+4. l/sword poss crit dam.
16:40, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 6 using 1d6+4. s/sword damage.
DM Kindred
 GM, 254 posts
Sat 30 Jun 2007
at 17:13
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OCC: I was waiting on KAlem but I remember he will be away for a bit. Update to come.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 41 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Sat 7 Jul 2007
at 18:43
Re: Into the Lion's Den
NPC'd by GM:

Kalem activates his wand again firing at the werewolf attacking Amras.

Damage: 8

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:43, Sat 07 July 2007.

DM Kindred
 GM, 257 posts
Sat 7 Jul 2007
at 19:06
Re: Into the Lion's Den
  | A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |1
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 2|  |  |  |  |AT|W1|OC|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |2
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 3|KG|  |MA|MA|  |B1| T|DD|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |3
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 4|LI|  |MA|MA|B2|  | T|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |4
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 5|  |  |WH|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |5
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 6|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 7|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |W2|YE|By| |  |7
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--


Key


Allies
AT: Amras (24 damage)
KG: Kalem
LI: Lianna
DD: Daven
YE: Yeamon (6 damage)
MA: Madras (20 damage)
BY: Boy



Enemies
OC: Orc Cleric (7 damage)

WH: Orc War Howler (Deceased)
B1: Barbarian (Deceased)

B2: Barbarian (15 damage)
W1: Werewolf (15 damage)
W2: Werewolf



As the warhowler dies in a crumpled heap thanks to a combined attempt by Daven and Madras the party continue their attempts to conclude the battle. Lianna, being shook up by the latest attempt on her life, sends her attack wide burning a scorch mark on the opposite wall of the cavern. Amras manages to hit the werewolf three times but only one of the hits manage to do any permanent damage. The other two heal immediately as the werewolf snarls in pain from Kalem's Magic Missile attack. Yeamon doesn't manage to hit his opponent and the wolf smiles a feral grin. Madras manages to hurt the barbarian he is fighting but the tough orc wrapped in his beserker rage, ignores the damage the cleric inflicted and counter attacks with a powerfull swing of his greataxe, the powerful swing connects solidly almost knocking back the giant sized cleric. Daven manages to stab the orcish priest who rattles off a spell opening himself up for another attack. Daven's rapier stabs throught the orcs shoulder but the cleric grits his teeth against the pain but manages to get the spell off anyway.  A glowing green nimbus surrounds the cleric's hand as he tries to touch Daven. The skilled rogue manages to dodge out of the way. The werewolf attacking yeamon attempts to bite him but missed. Amras is hit twice by successive claw attacks scratching him up further.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:10, Sat 14 July 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 GM, 105 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 7 Jul 2007
at 19:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven laughs a madening laughter and shout out Is that all you got. Come let's have areal fight and leave the hairpulling to the girls ah. he stabs againe at the at the chest of the cleric, putting all his force into it and a great deal of elegance into it as he easely moves around to confuse his enemy of what he is doing. He throws another look back at Yeamon. I'll be there shortly my mediating friend.
Madras
 player, 90 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 3/23, SV 4/1/6
Sun 8 Jul 2007
at 19:41
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras cries out in pain as the berserker's axe drives deeply into his abdomen.  Backpedaling desperately, the cleric transfers his morningstar to his shield-hand and pulls a glass vial from his belt.  Popping the cork off with his thumb, he gulps down the contents and tosses the bottle aside; it instantly shrinks back down to its normal size before shattering on the floor.

[5-foot step northward, drinking a potion of cure light wounds.]
Amras Telperien
 player, 335 posts
 HP 19/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Mon 9 Jul 2007
at 08:16
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Feeling the blood seep from the claw wounds made by the werewolf Amras screams out as he slashes and stabs at the unnatural creature in front of him, "Oh glorius Mielikki help me cleanse the world of this creature" he shouts as he brings his longsword down onto the werewolf once more. The blade slices through the creature's fur and Amras prays the cut is deeper enough to hurt. Adjusting his stance he stabs once more at the creature before bringing the long sword around in an arc and once again it bites deep into the creatures flesh.
Yeamon
 player, 154 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Mon 9 Jul 2007
at 17:09
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Caught between tackling the were-creature and shielding the boy, Yeamon misjudges his distance with two successive punches toward the beast. He grunts in frustration and instinctively ducks low in the hope of slipping his opponents counter-attack.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:12, Mon 09 July 2007.

Lianna
 player, 35 posts
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 19:59
Re: Into the Lion's Den
NPC'd by DM

Lianna settles herself and pushes back her fear. As Madras moves out of the way, fires another ray of fire at the orc beserker. This time it hits burning deep into the flesh of the pig faced creature.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:59, Sat 14 July 2007.