The North: Into The Lion's Den.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 41 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 20:00
Re: Into the Lion's Den
NPC'd by DM

Kalem discharges his wand once again two balls of light slamming into the barabarian.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:00, Sat 14 July 2007.

DM Kindred
 GM, 260 posts
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 20:01
Re: Into the Lion's Den
  | A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 1|  |  |MA|MA|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |1
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 2|  |  |MA|MA|AT|W1|OC|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |2
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 3|KG|  |  |  |  |B1| T|DD|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |3
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 4|LI|  |  |  |B2|  | T|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |4
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 5|  |  |WH|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |5
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 6|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 7|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |W2|YE|By| |  |7
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--


Key


Allies
AT: Amras (24 damage)
KG: Kalem
LI: Lianna (18 damage)
DD: Daven  (9 Damage)
YE: Yeamon (6 damage)
MA: Madras (20 damage)
BY: Boy



Enemies
OC: Orc Cleric (10 damage)

WH: Orc War Howler (Deceased)
B1: Barbarian (Deceased)

B2: Barbarian (39 damage)
W1: Werewolf (17 damage)
W2: Werewolf


As Madras moves northward to get out of the way of the Barbarians axe, Kalem and Lianna hit the orc with a barrage of magical energy. The orc screams out in pain and fixes a hatefull gaze on the two spellcasters. With a primal scream, of rage this time not pain dismissing Madras as out of the fight, he rushes forward to attack the authors of his agony Charging Lianna. Once again she sees death staring her in theAOO: Madras . Amras maganges to scratch the werewolf again but it stubbornly stays up lashing out with its claws. The ranger manages to weave a web of steel between him and his foe however and manages to keep the claws and snapping jaws away from him. Yeamon also manages to avoid the attacks of his enemy and once again they fight to a stalemate. The cleric falls to his knees after Daven's strike but reaches out again with his glowing hand nonetheless. This time, he manages to touch Daven and the rogue feels dark energies flow through his body  and he flinches in pain.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:03, Sat 14 July 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 GM, 106 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 20:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven tryes again to feint the orc cleric to make a quick end of him, but the is pain is so overwhelming and eyes fall from his eyes and slides down his face. He then thrust his blade towards the kneeling cleric.
DM Kindred
 GM, 261 posts
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 21:16
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Orc cleric is dead.
Yeamon
 player, 155 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sun 15 Jul 2007
at 08:42
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The werewolf's blows slice the air above Yeamon's head, as he reamins in a crouched position. Then stepping forward, and straightening his legs, he drives a powerful uppercut under the creatures chin. It connects with a crack, jarring his opponent backward. As it begins to recover its balance, the monk drives his left fist full into the creatures ribs, screaming once more has he tries to stun the beast.
Amras Telperien
 player, 337 posts
 HP 19/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Mon 16 Jul 2007
at 12:51
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Continuing the battle with the werewolf Amras's strokes continue to catch the werewolf , the various blades slashing and stabbing into the creature's torso.




13:49, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 7 using 1d6+4. shortsword dam 1.
13:49, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 9 using 1d8+4. longsword dam 2.
13:49, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 10 using 1d8+4. Longsword dam 1.
13:49, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 17 using 1d20+4. Longsword att 2.
13:48, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 21 using 1d20+8. Shortsword att.
13:48, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 17 using 1d20+9. Longsword att 1.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 42 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Mon 16 Jul 2007
at 13:57
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Lianna!  Get away from him, quick!" Kalem cried out, and before she could even reply, but let a relieved sigh out when the orc was tripped and landed on his face on the ground.  Instead, he quickly retrieved a potion, and reached out to give it to Lianna, seeing how hurt she was by now.  "Drink this, please?"

This message was last edited by the player at 02:13, Sun 05 Aug 2007.

DM Kindred
 GM, 264 posts
Sat 4 Aug 2007
at 16:42
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The orc charging Lianna is tripped by Madras and lands prone in C4. Madras is still to act as well as Lianna and Kalme may want to change his actions.
Lianna
 player, 38 posts
 HP 08/21 AC 14/12/14
 Init +2 Saves +3/+3/+5
Mon 20 Aug 2007
at 18:29
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna realized how hurt she was or else she would never have agreed with Kalem, leaving him in danger.  But without argument she took the potion and moved behind him, quickly drinking it down but as soon as the vial was empty, she grabbed the back of Kalem's robes, trying to pull him back closer to her.
DM Kindred
 GM, 266 posts
Sat 25 Aug 2007
at 15:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
  | A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 1|  |  |MA|MA|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |1
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 2|  |  |MA|MA|AT|W1|OC|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |2
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 3|KG|  |  |  |  |B1| T|DD|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |3
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 4|LI|  |B2|  |  |  | T|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |4
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 5|  |  |WH|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |5
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 6|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 7|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |W2|YE|By| |  |7
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--


Key


Allies
AT: Amras (32 damage)
KG: Kalem
LI: Lianna (18 damage)
DD: Daven  (9 Damage)
YE: Yeamon (12 damage)
MA: Madras (20 damage)
BY: Boy



Enemies

OC: Orc Cleric (deceased)</blue
<blue>WH: Orc War Howler (Deceased)
B1: Barbarian (Deceased)
B2: Barbarian (Deceased)
W1: Werewolf (Deceased)

W2: Werewolf (stunned)



As the companions battle for their lives the field begins to turn in their favour as two more of their opponents fall. Daven manages to slip his blade between the clerics ribs and Madras is able to finish off the barbarian he tripped by bringing his mace down on his head as he lay prone. Yeamon manages to hit his opponent  but doesn't seem to be doing much damage to him.  Amras is also having difficulty with his werewolf seeing the creatures wounds heal before his eyes almost as soon as the blade leaves it's flesh.  Both Yeamon and Amras are hit by claw attacks from the werewolves but are able to keep their snapping jaws at bay knowing the fate that awaits anyone bitten by a lycanthrope.

OCC: The long awaited update. Will NPC Madras till Halaster gets back. Well just the two werewolves left find a way to kill em guys!

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:07, Tue 04 Sept 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 GM, 110 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 26 Aug 2007
at 10:04
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Seeing his chance to help the monk Daven moves over to flank the creature and help the boy. He moves behind it and hopes that now he and Yeamon can kill the ugly beast that is in front of them.
DM Kindred
 GM, 267 posts
Tue 4 Sep 2007
at 04:46
Re: Into the Lion's Den
bump
Amras Telperien
 player, 339 posts
 HP 11/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Tue 4 Sep 2007
at 08:04
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Despite feeling his life ebbing away Amras continues the fight hoping that the others had a more effective way of fighting these creatures, "Must get these blades silvered" he mutters as he stabs and slashes at the wolf in front of him.

Amras Telperien rolled 12 using 1d20+11. longsword 1.
Amras Telperien rolled 20 using 1d20+6. Long Sword 2.
Amras Telperien rolled 22 using 1d20+10. Short Sword 1.
Amras Telperien rolled 12 using 1d20+5. Short Sword 2.

Amras Telperien rolled 7 using 1d8+4. Long dam 1.
Amras Telperien rolled 7 using 1d8+4. long dam 2.
Amras Telperien rolled 7 using 1d6+4. Short sword dam 1.
Amras Telperien rolled 6 using 1d6+4. Short sword dam 2.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 45 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Tue 4 Sep 2007
at 13:50
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Steel might not bite them, but magic shall," Kalem mumbled, and raised his wand at the werewolf Amras was fighting, sending bolts of force slamming into it's body.


15:41, Today: Kalem Greycastle rolled 7 using 2d4+2. Magic Missile.
DM Kindred
 GM, 268 posts
Tue 4 Sep 2007
at 23:08
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The bolts of force hit the werewolf and he goes down with one last howl.

OCC: Map edited to show dead werewolf.
Amras Telperien
 player, 340 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Wed 5 Sep 2007
at 07:49
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras breathes a sigh of relief as he sees the werewolf fall to the floor. Reaching into his pack he pulls out a small bottle and quickly drinks its contents.

Feeling slightly better Amras heads towards Yeamon and the boy.
DM Kindred
 GM, 269 posts
Wed 5 Sep 2007
at 23:04
Re: Into the Lion's Den
One werewolf still up Amras
Amras Telperien
 player, 341 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Thu 6 Sep 2007
at 07:48
Re: Into the Lion's Den
PM:
DM Kindred
 GM, 270 posts
Thu 6 Sep 2007
at 21:30
Re: Into the Lion's Den
PM
Lianna
 player, 39 posts
 HP 08/21 AC 14/12/14
 Init +2 Saves +3/+3/+5
Sat 8 Sep 2007
at 16:41
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Firing more magical bolts, this time into the remaining creature, Lianna took a second afterward to make certain that all the enemies were down.
Yeamon
 player, 158 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sat 8 Sep 2007
at 20:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
NPC'd by DM

Just as the werewolf shook off the effects of Yeamon's stunning blow the monk hit it again, this time the beast was able to resist the effects of the stunning. The werewolf used that opportunity to saveage the monk using his claws to set him up and then sinking his teeth into the flesh of Yeamon's arm.
DM Kindred
 GM, 271 posts
Sat 8 Sep 2007
at 20:39
Re: Into the Lion's Den
  | A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |1
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 2|  |  |  |  |  |W1|OC|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |2
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 3|KG|  |  |  |  |B1| T|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |3
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 4|LI|  |B2|  |  |  | T|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |4
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 5|  |  |WH|  |  |  |  |AT|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |5
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 6|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |MA|MA|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 7|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |MA|MA|  |  |  |  |DD|W2|YE|By| |  |7
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--


Key


Allies
AT: Amras (32 damage)
KG: Kalem
LI: Lianna (18 damage)
DD: Daven  (9 Damage)
YE: Yeamon (19 damage)
MA: Madras (20 damage)
BY: Boy



Enemies

OC: Orc Cleric (deceased)</blue
<blue>WH: Orc War Howler (Deceased)
B1: Barbarian (Deceased)
B2: Barbarian (Deceased)
W1: Werewolf (Deceased)

W2: Werewolf (17 damage)


As yeamon gets bitten by the werewolf the rest of the party close in on him.

The party can post now.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:32, Thu 13 Sept 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 GM, 111 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 8 Sep 2007
at 22:42
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven tryes to feint the beast as he had done to the others and stabbed his rapier with it's sharp point towards the chest. His strike was weak indeed. hopefully that the beast would not attack and kill him or any others. Especially the young boy.
DM Kindred
 GM, 272 posts
Tue 11 Sep 2007
at 16:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
bump
Amras Telperien
 player, 342 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Wed 12 Sep 2007
at 07:32
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras continues to move towards the werewolf and prepares to strike against it again.