The North: Into The Lion's Den.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 46 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Wed 12 Sep 2007
at 13:23
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Stay close to me, Lianna," Kalem quietly told the red-headed sorceress, and moved into the room, moving towards the table, before firing off his wand at the remaining werewolf.
DM Kindred
 GM, 273 posts
Thu 13 Sep 2007
at 04:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The werewolf howls in agony as Kalem's spell singes it's fur and bruises the muscles beneath.
DM Kindred
 GM, 274 posts
Mon 24 Sep 2007
at 06:57
Re: Into the Lion's Den
bump
Amras Telperien
 player, 343 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Mon 24 Sep 2007
at 07:42
Re: Into the Lion's Den
PM:
DM Kindred
 GM, 275 posts
Mon 24 Sep 2007
at 16:48
Re: Into the Lion's Den
PM:

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:34, Wed 26 Sept 2007.

DM Kindred
 GM, 276 posts
Fri 28 Sep 2007
at 01:10
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The combined efforts of the party finally bring their opponent low, the werewolf falls to the ground with a last pitifull howl. You all stop a bit to catch your breath and the boy is whimpering on the floor. He is cut and bruised and his skin show teeth marks. Past the boy is a stove and a door which seems to be leading into the pantry.

OCC: I'm just going to move the game along now. Its been dragging and the werewolf wouldn't have lasted another round anyway. Kalem's wand would have seen to that if nothing else. :) I know for sure Madras is gone indefinately but I'm not sure about Yeamon. Daven and Lianna are still with us though. So, we'll roleplay a bit with who is here. I'm syure you are all eager to fuss over an heal and interrogate the poor boy so feel free. XP will be posted soon.

P.s. Don't forget your sidequest!

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:15, Fri 28 Sept 2007.

Amras Telperien
 player, 344 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Fri 28 Sep 2007
at 07:57
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Sheathing his swords Amras takes a deep breath and then with a smile to the boy kneels by him, "Don't worry you are safe now. Let me look at your wounds and perhaps give you something for the pain."

Taking his healer's kit from his pack Amras carefully tends  the boys wounds.


Turning to the others he says, "Don't forget to keep an eye out for that paladin's holy symbol, it would be nice to let him move on."

This message was last edited by the player at 11:33, Fri 28 Sept 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 GM, 112 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 28 Sep 2007
at 11:12
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven sheaths his sword and starts to studies the chain that is holding the boy to the wall. He also searched into his backpack and looking for his thieves tools. He smiles at the boy and says I'll have you out in a short time. It's all done quickly. Soon you'll be home with your friends.
DM Kindred
 GM, 277 posts
Sat 29 Sep 2007
at 00:28
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras:

Daven: You open the lock and release the child.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:30, Sat 29 Sept 2007.

Kalem Greycastle
 player, 48 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Sun 30 Sep 2007
at 14:24
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Letting out a relieved sigh that the werewolves had been taken care of, Kalem turned to face Lianna, and quickly retrieved another potion for her, not willing to listen to any protests as he gave it to her, making her drink it all up before turning his attention anywhere else.
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 114 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 30 Sep 2007
at 18:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven draws his blade ones more and look at the door to the pantry. He goes to it and looks at it. He studies the area around the door and the lock on the door. He seems to be talking a little bit to himself as he works.
Amras Telperien
 player, 345 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Mon 1 Oct 2007
at 07:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Realising that the boy had been bitten Amras checks his healer's kit,  and then turning to the others says "The boys been bitten, we need to get him to a healer quickly."
Lianna
 player, 40 posts
 HP 16/21 AC 14/12/14
 Init +2 Saves +3/+3/+5
Mon 1 Oct 2007
at 22:38
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Reluctantly taking the potion that Kalem offered her, only doing so because she could see how worried he was, Lianna drank it quickly and then tried to see where she could best be of service.
DM Kindred
 GM, 281 posts
Wed 3 Oct 2007
at 16:07
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras approaches and heals the boys wounds.


There are no traps on the door and Daven opens it to find what looks to be a storeroom. Something about it just doesn't seem right however.
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 115 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Wed 3 Oct 2007
at 19:39
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Davens face changes as he tries to spot something it appears in the pantry. He stands for a few seconds looking before walking inside the. he keeps the blade at the ready if anything should appear that needed a sharp blade in the chest.
Amras Telperien
 player, 346 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Thu 4 Oct 2007
at 08:18
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Searching through the pouch in his healers kit Amras pulls out a small sprig and handing to the boy says, "Chew this and swallow, it won't taste nice but it will make you better.". Passing the boy his water bottle Amras watches to make sure he swallows the wolfsbane. "What's your name?" he asks once the boy has swallowed the herb.
Jimbo
 NPC, 1 post
Thu 4 Oct 2007
at 16:02
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The boy flinches from Amras' touch but he takes the sprig and chews on it. He makes a face before swallowing, My name is Jimbo, everyone calls me Jim. I was so scared they bit me and beat me up!

This message was last edited by the player at 16:03, Thu 04 Oct 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 GM, 116 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Thu 4 Oct 2007
at 22:52
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven steps into the pantry. He starts to search trough the pantry for any secrets it might keep. He search thoroughly while the the others talk to the boy. After all there where the question of the haunting suit of armor.
Amras Telperien
 player, 347 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Fri 5 Oct 2007
at 07:39
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Well Jim we will get you back home soon. We just need to do one more thing." Amras says to the young lad.

Getting up he begins to search for the holy symbol as described by the paladin's spirit checking the bodies first and then the room.
DM Kindred
 GM, 282 posts
Fri 5 Oct 2007
at 16:06
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven sees the outline of what looks to be a hidden door.
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 117 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Fri 5 Oct 2007
at 21:36
Re: Into the Lion's Den
A smile is seen as Daven has a look around in the pantry. He moves over to one part of the pantry and starts pressing and listening to the wall. He says in a exited voice. I think I might have found something here. while he looks at the wall.
DM Kindred
 GM, 283 posts
Fri 5 Oct 2007
at 23:11
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yup it is secret door! Daven finds a hidden button that apparently opens the door.
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 118 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Fri 5 Oct 2007
at 23:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven smiles widen as he starts to search for traps on the secret door he has found. After spending some time making sure that it's safe he press the button to open the door or he atleast hope so.
DM Kindred
 GM, 284 posts
Mon 8 Oct 2007
at 17:12
Re: Into the Lion's Den
A dart flies from nearby wall but luckily Daven was able to dodge out of the way just in time. Inside the room is a shrine to the orc god Gruumsh. The walls are covered in vile paintings and writings and there is an altar in the middle with a golden bowl filled with some red liquid. Everburning torches that have been enchanted to give off red light light bath the room in an eerie glow.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 49 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Mon 8 Oct 2007
at 17:20
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Orcs not only smart enough to write, but with a certain artistic sense, too?" Kalem mumbled as he glanced inside the room, though he did not go in - it seemed like a bad idea to go inside a shrine to the one-eyed Orc-God, and he decided it was hardly worth the risk, anyway.  What could there be in there that would be useful for them, anyway?