The North: Into The Lion's Den.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 119 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Mon 8 Oct 2007
at 17:37
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven looks at Kalem and smiles and says Ah your right. It really does make a impression. Not a good one, but still one can not complain when it comes to werewolf orcs. They can make traps as well or do you believe they just got it from a guy they killed. He then walks inside the room holding the alter and starts to search for anything he might find of interest.
Amras Telperien
 player, 348 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Tue 9 Oct 2007
at 13:03
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Leaving the boy to recover from the herbal remedy Amras joins Daven and steps into the   alter room. "I would guess that paladin's symbol may be in here. Let's hope and then we can get back to the village." says Amras as he begins to look for the symbol.
DM Kindred
 GM, 285 posts
Tue 9 Oct 2007
at 14:38
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven searches the room thouroughly and doesn't find any more traps. Amras has no luck finding the pendant.
DM Kindred
 GM, 286 posts
Sat 13 Oct 2007
at 14:15
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Is anyone searching anywhere specific?
Amras Telperien
 player, 349 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Mon 15 Oct 2007
at 09:17
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Persevering with his search Amras spends some time studying the altar set up in the secret room, "How about smashing this thing?" he asks.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 50 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Mon 15 Oct 2007
at 09:31
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Smashing an altar to an evil deity?  Please, tell me that was a joke?  Unless you have no fear of retribution by the higher powers, then I strongly suggest leaving it alone," Kalem advised, and shook his head.
Amras Telperien
 player, 350 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Wed 17 Oct 2007
at 09:53
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"No no joke I may well do it. Such items should not be left standing." says Amras resuming his search for the pendant.
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 121 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Wed 17 Oct 2007
at 14:44
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Well the most abvious place to look is here, but who knows. Maybe it's somewhere else. We should spread out so we cover more room. I'll search the hall where they are keeping the boy while you search here. Daven turns his bakc to the others and leave the room. He's just about to start before returning to Kalem the prisoner he found. You are a mage right and so is your lady friend over there? he points at Lianna. Should there not be some kind of way for you to learn or detcet the position of this pendant or atleast where it could be if hidden by magic.
DM Kindred
 GM, 287 posts
Thu 18 Oct 2007
at 16:15
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Need a spot check from Amras.
Amras Telperien
 player, 351 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Thu 18 Oct 2007
at 19:43
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Dice roller strikes again. Spot Chk 13
DM Kindred
 GM, 288 posts
Fri 19 Oct 2007
at 17:14
Re: Into the Lion's Den
PL:
Amras Telperien
 player, 352 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Fri 19 Oct 2007
at 22:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Studying the alter for a few more minutes Amras peers at the bowl before calling out to the others "I'm no expert but there is something hidden here I think.". Pointing to the bowl he says, "Look the bowl seems to be pushing down on this slightly different coloured tile."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:58, Fri 19 Oct 2007.

Kalem Greycastle
 player, 51 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Wed 31 Oct 2007
at 22:00
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven Darkbane:
You are a mage right and so is your lady friend over there? he points at Lianna. Should there not be some kind of way for you to learn or detcet the position of this pendant or atleast where it could be if hidden by magic.

"I could have, but I already used that particular cantrip earlier today, and it'll be next morning before I can prepare a new selection of spells, I'm afraid.  Lianna, however, is not dependent on preparing the right selection of spells, and so she should be able to divine any magical auras with ease," Kalem replied, and smiled at Lianna, more than a bit proud of her conciderable talents when it came to magic.
Lianna
 player, 43 posts
 HP 16/21 AC 14/12/14
 Init +2 Saves +3/+3/+5
Thu 1 Nov 2007
at 02:09
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Smiling sweetly at Kalem, Lianna stepped forward shyly and nodded her agreement.  She could divine if there were any magical properties in the area indicated with a simple, minor spell.  Quickly she cast it, nervously hoping that she could be productive and helpful.
DM Kindred
 GM, 291 posts
Thu 1 Nov 2007
at 20:38
Re: Into the Lion's Den
As soon as Lianna cast her cantrip, the room seemed to light up with magical energy. Her various companions all had magical gear and those items glowed softly, The very walls of the room were threaded through with powerful Abjuration magics That seemed to be protecting it from outside interference of some sort Threading through that ther are skeins of necromantic magic poervading the very walls. Lianna can tell that whatever spells were cast here it has the effect of anchoring the spirit of the elf to this plane and is preventing him from going to his final rest. The Altar gives off auras of transmutation and Abjuration while the bowl of red liquid gives off an overwhelming aura of necromancy and while she has no special ability to detect such things, deep in the elven part of her soul she *feels* an unnatural sense of great evil from it and feels uncomfortable being in the same room with it.
Lianna
 player, 44 posts
 HP 16/21 AC 14/12/14
 Init +2 Saves +3/+3/+5
Fri 2 Nov 2007
at 01:49
Re: Into the Lion's Den
In an eerily soft and haunting voice, Lianna explained all that she divined of the room, both magically and spiritually.  When her report was complete, she shivered and closed her eyes, feeling very much as if she wanted to leave as soon as possible.
Amras Telperien
 player, 355 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Fri 2 Nov 2007
at 08:37
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Well unless we can remove the spells I think we should try defiling the room, perhaps pour the red liquid away. I cannot leave that poor paladin trapped on this plane." says Amras angrily, "If you don't want to do it I will do it myself."
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 123 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Fri 2 Nov 2007
at 09:46
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven shakes his head. I shall have a look at that. It might be a trap of some sorts. And I'll take the liquid away at the same time. He starts to study the bowl with the red liquid. After studying it he removes the red liquid. Carefully that is.
DM Kindred
 GM, 292 posts
Wed 7 Nov 2007
at 20:21
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven pours away the liquid and hears a clinking sound as a small medallion with what looks to be a symbol of some sort etched into the surface.

OCC: All elves recognise it as Correllon's holy symbol. Any one else needs a knowledge religion check of 10.
Lianna
 player, 45 posts
 HP 16/21 AC 14/12/14
 Init +2 Saves +3/+3/+5
Wed 7 Nov 2007
at 22:39
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"A crescent moon," Lianna exclaimed.  "My mother used to have a necklace just like that.  She wore it always; she never ever took it off.  That is the symbol for the Creator of the Elves," Lianna went on in a wistful voice that easily spoke of her deep love and sorrow for the mother she missed so dearly.
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 124 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Wed 7 Nov 2007
at 22:46
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven takes and lifts up the medallion with marking on it. He keeps it hanging in front of his eyes. His face seems mixed in many emotions. Then he suddenly stands up. Still clutching the medallion in his fist he looks at the others. Well shall we. Shall we leave this place to be forgotten. To let the restless find sleep and peace. His face is is like stone. It does not tell a lot, but there is something deep within his eyes as he speaks the last sentence. He then cast a glance at the young boy before starting to move towards the room where the holy elven warriors restless soul lingers.
Amras Telperien
 player, 356 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Thu 8 Nov 2007
at 11:24
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Yes let us release his poor spirit and let him rest. I am sure he deserves after suffering for so long." says Amras relieved to finally find the object.
DM Kindred
 GM, 294 posts
Thu 8 Nov 2007
at 17:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The party weary and nearly spent, retrace their steps to the room where the Elven spirit was. Yeamon and Madras took care of Jim, the little boy who was recovering from his werewolf bites. The spirit was there waiting for them and as they entered a smile covered his ghostly visage.

I thank you brave adventurers, you have saved my soul in truth. May the Seldarine always watch over you and Correllon lend strength to your sword arm and speed to your bowstrings. All, I have to give you are these poor arms that cover me. I need them not where I am going. But if you wish a further reward....

There is a flash of light and you all seem to be taken to a faraway place. It is seen as if in a dream a route to a cave not far from your location. A cave and a hidden cache of weapons and trinkets.

This is where my friends and I hid our belongings before we entered this place. We left all that was not neccessary for our battles here. Go there and retrieve this a boon from me in thanks. The only problem is I know not what might have taken up residence their in the decades since we left it. So go not unprepared fopr battle.


The ghost then simply fades away with a last wave at the friends. Their is a clattering noise as the breastplate, shield and longsword that he was carrying fell. Take these my gift to you, the arms I bore in life.

The breastplate, shield and longsword all glow with green light that slowly fades.


OCC:

All three items bear the symbol of Correllon. The shield on the face, the longsword on the forte, and the armour has it as a small boss over the heart. The shield is a light metal shield. The birthday gifts are in the cave that he mentioned. A smalkl sidequest  to retrieve them would not go amiss I suppose. :)
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 126 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Fri 9 Nov 2007
at 00:20
Re: Into the Lion's Den
As the body fades away Daven says in elven Have your rest great warrior of the elven people. It has been earned indeed. Rest until the end of time itself. He gives a bow to the fading body.he then just stand there silently watching what the others are going to do.
Amras Telperien
 player, 357 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Wed 14 Nov 2007
at 11:08
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Happy to see the paladin's spirit drift away Amras spends a moment in contemplation before saying, "Right we have a choice we can take the boy straight back or we can go via the cave. Now who is going to look after the paladin's belongings?"