The North: Into The Lion's Den.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
Madras
 player, 47 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 18 Oct 2006
at 19:11
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras approaches as the goblins are hidden in the underbrush.  "Well, that went pretty smoothly," he whispers.  "Let's not waste time."
   Assuming no one protests, he strikes the end of the sunrod that's strapped to his morningstar, causing its length to flare in bright white radiance.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 40 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 18 Oct 2006
at 21:53
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Crouching as a cat when stacking it's pray Daven Let's my friends do this fast and well done. I think I and Amras should move ahead of you and hopefully not be discovered by the lights. he draws his rapier, but also make sure that his crossbow is near in canse of a emergancy. he moves infront of the groupe and silently and satying hidden moves closer to the seconed mark.
Amras Telperien
 player, 285 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 19 Oct 2006
at 07:29
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC: Daven I think both goblins are dead. We are about to enter the tunnel from 1.

Moving to the front Amras joins Daven and once out of the range of Madras' light he begins to move forward.
Yeamon
 player, 99 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 19 Oct 2006
at 17:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon watches as Daven and Amras disappear into the dark cave mouth. He ushers both Lynx and Madras in next, "I'll keep an eye out back here, in case those other two come in after us."

As an afterthought he tosses a gold piece off to the side of the cave, so as to divert any attention away from the cave, sure that a goblin's keen eyes would pick out the shiny coin. Then, on all fours, he tries to smooth over the groups tracks into the cave, so at least a cursory glance would not reveal their direction.
DM Kindred
 GM, 145 posts
Sat 21 Oct 2006
at 14:41
Re: Into the Lion's Den
You all aproach area two on the map and there is one torch burning there. No one is in sight but you hear slight noise coming from the west. (left) Anyone who looks in that direction sees a patch of light at the end of a mine tunnel in which there is a wooden door approximetly 40ft away.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:17, Sat 21 Oct 2006.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 41 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 21 Oct 2006
at 16:04
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven sognals that he is going to the left to check what the noise is. He Walks silently and hidden or atleast as well he can if he can find cover.
DM Kindred
 GM, 146 posts
Sat 21 Oct 2006
at 16:19
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven makes it all the way to the door with no incident. There is a lot of noise coming from the other side of the door now that he is close. It seems to lead to a mess hall of some sort as you can hear clinking of dishes and people shouting, talking and laughing loudly.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 42 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 21 Oct 2006
at 16:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
PM:
DM Kindred
 GM, 147 posts
Sat 21 Oct 2006
at 17:09
Re: Into the Lion's Den
PM:
Daven Darkbane
 player, 43 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 21 Oct 2006
at 22:13
Re: Into the Lion's Den
He moved silently over to the others and whispered The mess hall. Many troups by the sound of it. Maybe to risky for a direct attack. Let's check the other parts first. What say you?
Yeamon
 player, 100 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sun 22 Oct 2006
at 10:03
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon nods at the suggestion, and prepares to follow the group along the second tunnel to the east.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 44 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 23 Oct 2006
at 01:40
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Seen that atleast one other member understands him he starts to move down the other corridor. He continues his sneaking and staying hidden. His keen eyes and ears try and discover any unseen enemys.
DM Kindred
 GM, 148 posts
Mon 23 Oct 2006
at 15:06
Re: Into the Lion's Den
No enemies are detected by Daven as he moves down the passage. the opthers follow at a slight distance behind.

OCC: Daven, how far down do you go?
Daven Darkbane
 player, 45 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 23 Oct 2006
at 20:41
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OCC: towards 5a on the map.
Amras Telperien
 player, 286 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 25 Oct 2006
at 07:37
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras keeps his position behind Daven as Daven moves further into the caves.
Yeamon
 player, 102 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 25 Oct 2006
at 23:55
Re: Into the Lion's Den
A distinct unease descends over Yeamon as the party venture further down the eastward tunnel. The glow from Madras's sunrod casts strange shadows up against the passage walls, and Yeamon uses his powers of concentration to keep from jumping at shadows that dart about the corner of his vision.

Ahead between Madras and Lynx, he can just make out the back of Amras; a reassuring sight. He knows the rogue must be further ahead. The monk looks over his shoulder once more, now in the knowledge that there are several creatures between them and their path back to the surface.
DM Kindred
 GM, 151 posts
Fri 27 Oct 2006
at 13:50
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Guys. Life has jumped up and gotten in the way of gaming once again. I will post an update after the weekend.
DM Kindred
 GM, 153 posts
Wed 1 Nov 2006
at 17:01
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The party crept down the coridoor slowly. Daven ahead hidden in the shadows and not making a whisper of noise. Amras comes next with Yeamon, Lynx and Madras bringing up the rear. As the party travels they notice water dripping from the ceilings and a dank musty smell wafts through on a dry breeze. Suddenly a slight click is heard and a pit trap opens under the feet of Daven and Amras.


DC 15 reflex save avoids the pit.
The trap is the box with the X through it just before the 5

Daven Darkbane
 player, 46 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 1 Nov 2006
at 22:45
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven is quick to react and had a almost supernatural to detect traps, that is the few times he make them go of. He manage easyly to avoide the pit trap, but swears underneat his breat. He felt stupid that he had not remembered to check the map for any traps. This could just make life a living hell if any enemy soldiers heared the trap go of.
Amras Telperien
 player, 288 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 2 Nov 2006
at 13:48
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras jumps back as Daven springs the trap, his elven agility allows him to avoid falling in.

NPC'd
DM Kindred
 GM, 154 posts
Thu 2 Nov 2006
at 17:55
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The party is able to bypass the trap and get to the other side. The cavern they are in is large and several stalagmites and stalactites are in the center. There is an incessant dripping noise as the party moves through the area.


The Pc's are on the other side of the trap and are currently one or two squares below the box with the 'X'. Where do you guys go from there?
Daven Darkbane
 player, 47 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 3 Nov 2006
at 08:35
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven moves as allways hidden and silently towards the ca ve he know to he to his right. He think it's best that way to get it all inn.
Yeamon
 player, 103 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 3 Nov 2006
at 19:39
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon follows with the rest of the party as Daven leads the way along the the edge of the cave to the right.

The pointed rock formations that glint white in the light of the sunrod, contrast against the meanacing darkness of the depths of the cave, so that to Yeamon it appears as if the rogue has vanished into the teeth filled mouth of some giant beast.

A drip of cold water drops onto the monk's neck, that feels like the chill touch of some undead fiend.
Amras Telperien
 player, 290 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 7 Nov 2006
at 08:49
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Having escaped the trap Amras moves slowly north staying close to the wall.
DM Kindred
 GM, 158 posts
Tue 7 Nov 2006
at 15:41
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The party moves east against the wall on the right and goes around the pillars in the centre of the room. Meanwhile Amras stays to the north and goes along the north wall.

Suddenly, Amras notices missiles flying over his head as he opens his mouth to warn his companions the arrows fall among the party. 3 Javelins miss splintering as they hit the rocky cavern floor, the other three hit Lynx, Yeamon and Daven.

The party wins initiative so they can go first. You guys are down near to the tunnel exiting the chamber. Amras is directly underneath the ledge that the javelins came from.

There are 6 orcs on top of the ledge. One of them has a large club in its hands and seems to be moving towards a gong. The others are standing beside weapon racks that have javelins.

Party has init.

Daven : 8 dam
Lynx  : 7 dam
Yeamon: 6 dam



10:24, Today: DM Kindred rolled 8 using 1d6+3. daven.
10:24, Today: DM Kindred rolled 6 using 1d6+3. Yeamon.
10:24, Today: DM Kindred rolled 7 using 1d6+3. Lynx.
10:23, Today: DM Kindred rolled 7 using 1d20+1. yeamon.
10:23, Today: DM Kindred rolled 5 using 1d20+1. lynx.
10:22, Today: DM Kindred rolled 6 using 1d20+1. madras.
10:22, Today: DM Kindred rolled 17 using 1d20+1. daven.
10:22, Today: DM Kindred rolled 13 using 1d20+1. yeamon.
10:22, Today: DM Kindred rolled 17 using 1d20+1. Lynx.