The North: Into The Lion's Den.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
Amras Telperien
 player, 291 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 7 Nov 2006
at 16:03
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC: How high is the ledge?
DM Kindred
 GM, 159 posts
Tue 7 Nov 2006
at 16:28
Re: Into the Lion's Den
20 ft. And now that you are looking you notice a rope leading up. CLimb DC 5.
Yeamon
 player, 104 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 8 Nov 2006
at 08:22
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon spins instinctively as the javelin appears before him, managing to take the blow on his side, rather than it piercing any of his vitals. Still the weapon opens a nasty wound in his flesh, and his grimmaces with pain.

Pulling the weapon out, Yeamon dashes forward toward the origin point of the missiles, zig zagging trying to take advantage of the cover offered by the rising stumps of the stalagmites.
Amras Telperien
 player, 292 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 8 Nov 2006
at 08:54
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Taking a grip of the rope and hoping the ledge occupants have their sight on the rest of the group Amras quickly climbs to the top of the ledge hoping to stop the alarm being sounded.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 48 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 8 Nov 2006
at 09:20
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven  quickly get the javalin out of him and fire back a bolt from his crossbow. He aims for the one with the great club, but the wound has taken him a little bit out of the game.
DM Kindred
 GM, 160 posts
Wed 8 Nov 2006
at 13:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras:

You get to the top just as the orc is about to move off. He takes a swing at you before moving to the gong. (AOO)

Madras: Casts bless (Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.)

Lynx: Starts singing (Inspire Courage: +1 attack and damage, and saving vs fear and charm effects)

Yeamon:

The ledge is at the top of the cavern that has the stalagmites. With a double move you can probably make it to the top.

Daven

Your shot goes wide.


Yeamon, I will wait to see where you move with your actions before having the enemy act. Once that happens I'll wrap up the round and you guys get to go again.
Yeamon
 player, 105 posts
 HP 20/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 8 Nov 2006
at 16:18
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Seeing that he has a chance to make it to the ledge, Yeamon charges all out in a sprint to the rope, launching himself onto it and hauling himself up onto the ledge with all his strength.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 49 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 9 Nov 2006
at 00:23
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven lets anoher bolt fly from his crossbow. This time his aim is a lot better, but there was always something getting in the way some way or another. He listens for enemys that has heared the battle. He is ready for a quick escape.
DM Kindred
 GM, 161 posts
Fri 10 Nov 2006
at 17:51
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras climbs to the top of the rope in good time. He easily avoids a blow from the cudgel weilding orc who turns to run towards the gong. As he moves off however, an arrow comes out of nowhere hitting him in the back and taking him to the floor. Meanwhile Yeamon gets to the top of the rope just in time to see the other five orcs advancing on Amras. Three of the creatures attack Amras while two attack yeamon. Two orcs manage to get past Amras defences both hitting the ranger with solid blows. Only one Orc manages to hit Yeamon, but the javelin hits the monk in the side of the neck Yeamon barely throwing his head to the side in time to avoid death.

Amras: 12 Damage
Yeamon: 10 Damage

Party positions:
Yeamon & Amras on the ledge facing down the hordes

Lynx, Madras & Daven: Ground floor

The party is up again

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 17:51, Fri 10 Nov 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 106 posts
 HP 10/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 10 Nov 2006
at 18:36
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Blood spurts forth from a grevious wound in the monk's neck. Just an inch to the left would have severed his jugular vein.

Fighting to stay on his feet he launches into a flurry of punches at the last orc to hit him, but blood loss is already causing his vision to blurr, and his blows only strike the air before him.

He lets out a piercing scream as he attempts to use a stunning fist attack, but it is wasted as his blow fails to connect.

19:30, Today: Yeamon rolled 5 using 1d20+2. attack.
19:30, Today: Yeamon rolled 7 using 1d20+2. attack.
OOC: Oh dear!

Daven Darkbane
 player, 50 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 10 Nov 2006
at 20:13
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven swings his way up ontop of the stalgamiti trying as hard as he can to aid his friends. He droppes his crossbow as sone as he gets up to the others.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:14, Fri 10 Nov 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 293 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Sat 11 Nov 2006
at 16:59
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Shaking off the hurt Amras brings his swords into action, slashing at his pponent with the elevn long sword whilst stabbing with his short sword.




16:56, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 15 using 1d20+10. Longsword attack.
16:56, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 28 using 1d20+9. shortsword attack.
16:56, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 10 using 1d20+9. shortsword poss crit.
16:57, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 10 using 1d8+4. longsword damage.
16:57, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 5 using 1d6+4. shortsword damage.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 58 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sun 12 Nov 2006
at 20:01
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx continues to sing to bolster his companions spirits.

OCC: +1 to strike and weapon damage guys.
Madras
 player, 49 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 17 Nov 2006
at 21:30
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Seeing his comrades in peril; Madras calls on Lathander to aid them. He grips his Sun amulet tightly in one hand, pointing it in there direction and incants a spell. A glowing mace made of pure force springs into existence beside Yeoman and attacks an Orc...

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:50, Fri 17 Nov 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 163 posts
Fri 17 Nov 2006
at 22:08
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras incants while holding his amulet and a glowing mace springs into being to aid yeoman.

Yeoman lets out a piercing scream as he attempts to launch a flurry of punches at the last orc to hit him. His aim is off though and the Orc easily dodges the blows. The ugly creature smiles smugly as the man wavers while he tries to stay conscious. He slashes at the monk, who instinctively ducks below the blow...

Amras decapitates one orc with a slash of his long sword and stabs another in its gut with his shorts word With a slash. That poor bastard falls to the ground in a pool of his own blood.

Daven climbs up the rope ladder and takes in the scene before him; Yeoman is hard pressed, the Orc is likely to kill him if he doesn’t get help soon. Amras is holding his own, with two dead Orcs at his feet and facing off with another. A glowing mace swings itself at an Orc that was facing yeoman, keeping it occupied for the time

The Orcs miss all the PC's this round.

Lynx continues his song...

2 orcs left! Party is up.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:45, Fri 17 Nov 2006.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 51 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 18 Nov 2006
at 20:55
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven trys to feint the orc that he can reach and hit a sweat spot and hopefully bring down the orc ones and for all.
Amras Telperien
 player, 294 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Sat 18 Nov 2006
at 23:32
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Seeing the first two orcs fall Amras hurriedly attacks the remaining one in front of him. Slashing wildly the longsword misses his opponent. Taking a breath he stabs at the orc with his shortsword.



23:29, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 11 using 1d20+10. Longsword attack.
23:29, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 19 using 1d20+9. Shortsword.
23:29, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 5 using 1d6+4. shortsword damage.
Yeamon
 player, 108 posts
 HP 10/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Mon 20 Nov 2006
at 22:23
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Without thinking Yeamon continues to press forward, in a combination of ducking and weaving motions. His first punch narrowly slides past the orcs head, but the following uppercut drives dangerously toward the monster's throat.

OOC: not sure if this is a hit or not.
23:17, Today: Yeamon rolled 9 using 1d20+4. attack 1 .
23:17, Today: Yeamon rolled 16 using 1d20+4. attack 2.
23:18, Today: Yeamon rolled 8 using 1d6+2. damage.

DM Kindred
 GM, 164 posts
Tue 21 Nov 2006
at 03:45
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven kills one orc with a well placed thrust and before that one has hit the floor Amras and Yeamon finish off the remaining orc with a combination of cuts and punches. As the trio atop the ledge pause to catch their breath Lynx on the lookout for more enemies sees a light approaching from the passage that you all just exited. Signalling to Madras the two join the others atop the ledge as a group of men head into the cavern and out the next side.

Spot checks everyone.
Amras Telperien
 player, 296 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 21 Nov 2006
at 08:42
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Relieved to see the remaining orcs drop Amras cleans the swords on one of the bodies before watching the light approach.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 53 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Tue 21 Nov 2006
at 11:25
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven trys to get a look at the enemys that might come there way. The apsence of the pit trap would be hard to miss. He takes his crossbow and readys it. He take careful aim towords the light.
Yeamon
 player, 109 posts
 HP 10/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 21 Nov 2006
at 15:01
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon drops to his knees and hurriedly locates his remaining healing potion. Fighting the pain of the wound in his neck, his thoughts are on downing the draught before they are set upon again.

14:58, Today: Yeamon rolled 7 using 1d20+2. spot. 
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 59 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 21 Nov 2006
at 17:49
Re: Into the Lion's Den
PM:

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:50, Tue 21 Nov 2006.

Madras
 player, 50 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Tue 21 Nov 2006
at 19:41
Re: Into the Lion's Den
[13:40, Today: Madras rolled 15 using 1d20+3. Spot check.]

With the threat ended, Madras climbs up to check on those at the top, seeing if his aid is needed in mending life-threatening wounds.

[OOC: Anyone need some immediate healing?]
Yeamon
 player, 110 posts
 HP 13/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 21 Nov 2006
at 20:48
Re: Into the Lion's Den
With shaking hands the monk unstoppers the vial and makes to drink the potion, but his quivering upends the bottle before it meets his lips and most of the liquid splashes on the ledge floor and down his habit, making a dark wet patch on the cloth. Only a few drops make it past his lips.

He holds his hand up to Madras as the cleric appears and offers his magical healing aid.

21:44, Today: Yeamon rolled 3 using 1d8+1. CLW potion hp.
That's a yeah Madras!