The North: Into The Lion's Den.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
Madras
 player, 51 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 22 Nov 2006
at 19:57
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras places his hand on Yeamon's forehead.  Rather than close his eyes as might be expected, his are wide open as he prays.  "Morninglord, Shining Glory, seal these wounds and let your radiance renew this failing shell."  His eyes glow golden, as a similar glow encompasses his hand, spreading out into Yeamon's head and fading as it grows to encompass him.

[Convering lesser restoration into cure moderate wounds.  Only rolled an 8 total, but that's a lot more than he had.  Anyone else in bad shape?]
Amras Telperien
 player, 297 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 22 Nov 2006
at 20:29
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Looking across at Madras Amras whispers, "I could do with some aid if possible Madras."

OOC: Down 12HP
DM Kindred
 GM, 167 posts
Wed 22 Nov 2006
at 22:44
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The pc's take a moment to catch their breath and while the cleric is healing Yeamon,(and maybe Amras), Lynx notices the faint outline of a door in what seems to be a solid wall. He points it out to the party.
Yeamon
 player, 111 posts
 HP 21/26 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 23 Nov 2006
at 19:13
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon accepts Madras's healing hand, and the flesh around the seeping wound in his neck knits itself back together. The greyness that had washed over his face disappears and once more he is charged with energy.

As Lynx draws the party's attention to the door, Yeamon frees another vial from his pack. He uncorks it and quickly downs the liquid, this time avoiding any spillage.

OOC: Cheers Madras!

This message was last edited by the player at 19:15, Thu 23 Nov 2006.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 57 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 24 Nov 2006
at 00:20
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven keeps hios sword drawn and move towards the door and listen to see if he can hear anything and also look for a way to open the door. He'll wait untill he gets the others to watch his back.
Madras
 player, 52 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sat 25 Nov 2006
at 19:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras puts his hand over Amras's wound, asking for another blessing from the Morninglord, though his request is a little simpler.  The golden light spreads from his hand into the injury, nearly closing it completely.

[Converted shield of faith into cure light wounds, healing Amras for 10 points of owie.  It's always nice to see those high rolls.  Ready to move on!]
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 60 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sat 25 Nov 2006
at 22:53
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx waist patiently for Madras to heal the wounded and inspects the door he has found in the mean time. He tries pushing on it to see if it will budge...
DM Kindred
 GM, 171 posts
Sun 26 Nov 2006
at 01:13
Re: Into the Lion's Den
While Madras tends to the wounded, Lynx and Daven inspect the door. There is no sound from the other side and it is guarded by a rather stout lock.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 60 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 26 Nov 2006
at 09:07
Re: Into the Lion's Den
ah time to go to work then. Daven takes of his backpack and takes out a thieves tool. A really nice on at that. He choses his tolls to open the door and start to work on the lock.. He start using his tool. He knows that it's not his best works, but atleast it might help.
Amras Telperien
 player, 298 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 28 Nov 2006
at 13:01
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Thanks Madras." whispers Amras as he feels the wounds close and the pain subside. Standing once more he watches and waits as Daven works on the door.
DM Kindred
 GM, 172 posts
Wed 29 Nov 2006
at 04:03
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven fiddles with lock for a bit but the lock remains closed.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 61 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 29 Nov 2006
at 12:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven curse underneat his breath. He was rusty in deed. Ah stupid lock. He tryes a few more times and hope that he is sucessful.
DM Kindred
 GM, 173 posts
Wed 29 Nov 2006
at 17:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna and Kalem:

After being captured, your belongings were taken from you and you were thrown in a cell with other prisoners. You were handcuffed blindfolded and gagged and all spell components taken. Over the course of a week or so all the other prisoners have died either killed by the guards or taken never to be seen by you again. The Malarite cult keeps you around to identify magic items and to do other sorts of scholarly pursuits for them. One day you hear the sounds of fighting and then you hear the lock being opened. You haven't been fed in about 36 hours.


Everybody else:

You enter a room and see a typical dungeon layout. The room is dominated by a single large cell that is in the centre with Bars on all sides. There are racks with what looks like implements of torture as well as a large chest to one side. In the cell are a two people who look dirty and dishevelled. You can't tell their race but you can tell that one is female. They are both bound securely and a hood is over their head. None of them is the boy you seek as they are both too big.
Amras Telperien
 player, 299 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 29 Nov 2006
at 20:19
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Not seeing anyone Amras moves across to the two prisoners and whispering through the bars "Shhh keep quiet, we will try and get this door open".

Looking at the lock he says to Daven, "Your skills are needed once again."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:23, Thu 30 Nov 2006.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 62 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 29 Nov 2006
at 23:07
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven walks over to the chest. He tryes to check if it is open. He looks over at the other. It seems like Amras is taking care of the captives. He tryed to open the lock if it is not open.
DM Kindred
 GM, 175 posts
Thu 30 Nov 2006
at 00:54
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras Telperien:
Not seeing anyone Amras moves across to the two prisoners and whispering, <Blue>"Shhh keep quiet" he removes the hoods.


The cell is locked Amras.
Pearl
 player, 2 posts
Thu 30 Nov 2006
at 07:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
A tiny cat, grey and white, sat next to the male prisoner, watching the room carefully.  As the group of people entered, it hid behind him, but it still peeked out at them, quite nervous after the past days. . .
DM Kindred
 GM, 176 posts
Thu 30 Nov 2006
at 15:40
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven manages to get the chest open and inside are some keys.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 63 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 30 Nov 2006
at 21:53
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Hm maybe these will help my friends. He smiles and holds out the key. He tryed the keys againest the lock hoping that it would open after having the keys tested.
Yeamon
 player, 112 posts
 HP 21/26 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 1 Dec 2006
at 06:25
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon keeps an eye out behind them after he follows the others into the room. The discovery of prisoners was no surprise to him, but the appearence of a small cat in the cage startled, then alarmed him.

Remembering the druid's shapechanging and subsequent escape, he warily keeps an eye fixed on the animal.
Amras Telperien
 player, 300 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 1 Dec 2006
at 10:35
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Unable to open the door Amras leaves it to Daven and joins Yeamon as they watch out for anybody approaching.
DM Kindred
 GM, 177 posts
Fri 1 Dec 2006
at 14:23
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Kalem and Lianna, you are hearing a lot of movement and talking.

Daven the door is open.

AMras and Yeamon the way is clear.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 64 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 1 Dec 2006
at 22:35
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven moves over to the two people. He walk over to the woman first and remove her hood and holds his finger infront of the mouth to nmake sure that she is quiet. He then cuts the rope of her hands and feets befor doing the same to the male. Also her he holds hios finger to his mouth telliong them to be silent. He looks over at the others befor turning his head and says Anyone hurt??? silent as a whisper.
Yeamon
 player, 113 posts
 HP 21/26 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sat 2 Dec 2006
at 17:52
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon stares in astonishment as Daven sets about freeing the captives.  Do they know each other,, he questions himself, and then relaxes slightly.

He carefully looks the two figures over, deciding whether they will be a help or a hindrance to their progress through the cave complex.


OOC: Is the only way out of here the way we came in?
Lianna
 player, 4 posts
Sat 2 Dec 2006
at 18:36
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Both the man and woman appear unharmed, but they do look incredibly miserable and malnourished.  The woman shook her head no as the man reached out to take her hand in his.  They both looked at each other and it became apparent that not only did they know each other but that they were at the very least very good friends if not more.  Then, looking back at their rescuers with a grateful face, Lianna whispers, "Thank you."