The North: Into The Lion's Den.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
Daven Darkbane
 player, 66 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 2 Dec 2006
at 19:01
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven nods befor looking over his back. He stands up and signes for the two unknown people to stay. He walk over to Yeamon and whisper as he goes past him darkblue>Keep them under a good eye for the moment. I shall only go out and check where those lights went.</darkblue> He sneaks out the door and try to look and locate the light ones more in hope that they ahve not come closer.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 9 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 12/10/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Mon 4 Dec 2006
at 10:28
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Thanks, indeed.  I assume that you are not working for the Malarites who have kept us prisoners here, and perhaps even working against them?" the calishite man whispered, before kneeling down to pick up the cat which had shared their cell.
Amras Telperien
 player, 302 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 4 Dec 2006
at 10:39
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Looking across at the newly freed prisoners Amras says,"I am Amras and indeed you may say we are against the Malarites. We are looking for a boy who was taken by them, have you seen or heard him?"
Madras
 player, 54 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Mon 4 Dec 2006
at 19:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras offers his waterskin to the refugees, seeking out a spot to pour some water for the cat.  He also retrieves some dried foodstuffs for them.  "You'll both feel better with some food and drink.  Don't worry, there's plenty."  He looks toward Yeamon and Amras, clearly waiting on their decision.
DM Kindred
 GM, 182 posts
Mon 4 Dec 2006
at 23:20
Re: Into the Lion's Den
PM
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 61 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 5 Dec 2006
at 19:27
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx allows the professionals to enter the hidden room. He remains outside to keep watch while they discover and free the prisoners, peering into the room every few moments to see whats happening.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 11 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 12/10/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Tue 5 Dec 2006
at 21:29
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"We heard someone mention something about a boy, but he wasn't in our cell.  Perhaps he's in another location, though I doubt we'd be of much help - we've been kept blindfolded most of the time here. . .

Oh, and where are my manners!  I am Kalem Greycastle, mage of Waterdeep, and my companion here is the lovely Lianna, possessor of magical talents as well.  If you are here to rescue another from the clutches of the Malarites, then it is the least we can do to help you, as you have helped us,"
Kalem said, and put down the cat so it could drink the water offered.  "First, though, we should retrieve our gear.  It's in the chest where the keys were placed, in a false bottom, right about. . .  here!" he continued after leaving the cell and going over to the chest, finding the hidden compartment with ease - he had made use of his spell components that were currently stored there when he had been forced to perform as a spellcaster for the Malarites.  After locating his own and Lianna's items, and getting back into his own comfortable robes, there were some items left at the bottom.  "The rest here is not ours - you may have whatever you'd like from there."
DM Kindred
 GM, 183 posts
Tue 5 Dec 2006
at 22:23
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Basically there are many different types of magical items in the chest. After it has been divided up everyone gets whatever they had asked for their Roa birthday gift. You can place it on your character sheets now.
Yeamon
 player, 115 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Wed 6 Dec 2006
at 07:23
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon introduces himself as 'Brother Yeamon' cautiously to the two newcomers. After depositing a couple of bottles in he pulls out of the chest a cloth cap. Pulling back his hood for a moment, he exposes his shiny bald head, before donning the cap and flipping the hood back over to its normal position.

Yeamon lets out a grunt of satisfaction before saying, "Let's hurry and find the youth as we agreed".
Daven Darkbane
 player, 68 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 7 Dec 2006
at 02:27
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven comes back to the others. He looks from one to the other befor speaking The lights we spotted befor entering has gone. We can not stay for long. We'll pay dearly if we stay much longer. For all we know the ones that are going to replace these are already on there way. He drew his sword and looked at the others againe.
Amras Telperien
 player, 303 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 7 Dec 2006
at 11:50
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Looking into the chest Amras spots a ring with an animal design carved into the face, "I have been searching for one of these for months."he mutters. He also takes out used but in good condition some studded leather armor as well as another ring. "Plenty left my friends, choose quickly and lets find the boy." he says as he changes into the new leather armor.

Sliding the rings onto a finger on each hand he redraws his sword and waits to move on.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 62 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Thu 7 Dec 2006
at 17:36
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx trots over to the chest and peers in. His face lights up and eagerly reaches in and grabs a handful of wands bundled together. He stows them in his backpack and smiles at the newcomers.

I'm Lynx by the way. Let do a proper introduction after we leave this ghastly place. He moves back to the door to resume his watch.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 69 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 7 Dec 2006
at 18:47
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven grabs his things and wait Where to go. I would suggest we go where we where heading. Towards the room, befor we move towards the pool.
Yeamon
 player, 116 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Fri 8 Dec 2006
at 22:42
Re: Into the Lion's Den
With a swish of his cloak, Yeamon moves swiftly through the doorway in the footsteps of Daven. Despite his earlier close encounter, the monk appears full of energy once more. His hands hover at his side, almost giving off their own energy like a field of static.
DM Kindred
 GM, 184 posts
Sat 9 Dec 2006
at 17:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OCC: The lights were heading towars the entrance. Maybe heading to the room you bypassed earlier maybe to the exit. Everyone is now on the ledge after cleaning out the chest. From here you can either head back the way you came after the lights or head deeper into the tunnels.
Madras
 player, 55 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sun 10 Dec 2006
at 02:59
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"I think we'd probably be best off going in deeper.  I doubt they'll have him close to the entrance, if I have the right impression of his importance to them.  Better for us if we aim for the heart of the problem, then take care of the extras on our way out."
   Madras adjusts the straps holding the sunrod to his weapon, looking over his companions -- including the former captives -- to ensure that everyone is in good shape for the inevitable conflict coming.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 70 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 10 Dec 2006
at 12:57
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Well I'll take the lead then. There should be a pool in the other hall ahead if I remember the map correctly. Daven climbs down the rope and start heading for the other hall with the pool. atleast it said so in the map. He stays a bit ahead of the others and try to move as silently as he can.

OCC:
13:57, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 16 using 1d20+8. listen.
13:57, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 26 using 1d20+8. spot.
13:56, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 20 using 1d20+9. hide.
13:56, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 23 using 1d20+14. move silenltly

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 00:59, Mon 11 Dec 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 304 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 11 Dec 2006
at 00:31
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras lets Daven move ahead before following, moving as silently as he could and watching out for any more guards.


00:29, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 18 using 1d20+11. Move silently.
00:29, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 18 using 1d20+8. Spot.
00:30, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 20 using 1d20+6. hide.
00:30, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 15 using 1d20+6. Listen.

DM Kindred
 GM, 185 posts
Thu 14 Dec 2006
at 23:53
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OCC: Since no one else has anything to say I'll move the story along. :)

The party climbs down the ropes silently. Daven leads off with Amras heading out next. The party hears nothing as the two stealthily move out. Soon Daven disappears ahead. The two newcomers are in the middle with Madras just behind. Lynx and Yeamon bring up the rear watching the back trail so that the party has no unwelcome surprises. When the party reach area six they see Daven waiting. The room is filled with bodies. Some are older, skeletons really, while the rest are in various stages of decomposition and the stink made the party's eyes water. Some of the bodies show the marks of a blade while others look to be burned by magic. In the very centre of the room there is an ancient suit of armour that seems to be magical as it has not a spot of rust. The gauntlets were clasped around the hilt of a longsword of equally impressive craftsmanship and rests on the breastplate. A large moonstone is set in the hilt.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 71 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 14 Dec 2006
at 23:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven can not hide his discomfort standing in the room of bodys. he look carefully at the ancient suit of armor with it's longsword drawn. He draws his own blade and hopes it does not spring into life and start attacking them. He had little knowledge of magic eqcept that it could do whatever a wizard could think of.
Amras Telperien
 player, 305 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 15 Dec 2006
at 12:56
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Moving slowly across to the suit of armor Amras studies it but does not touch it, "Nice craftmanship but I think we leave it for now, perhaps collect it on the way back if we get the chance. he whispers. "Let us go find the boy."
Madras
 player, 56 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sun 17 Dec 2006
at 01:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras hooks his morningstar onto his belt, letting it swing, keeping the sunrod attached visible.  Holding up a hand, he says, "Wait a moment.  We might have something here that we can use."
   Still holding his hand before him, he spreads his fingers in front of his face.  "Lathander, Morninglord, show me the power that surrounds me."  For a second, his eyes glow with a bright golden glow; he lowers his hand, looking over the area, as the glow subsides.

[Casting detect magic, let's see if there's anything magical around here.  Likely, I'll have to concentrate into a second or third round to filter out any magic you guys in front of me have.]
DM Kindred
 GM, 186 posts
Sun 17 Dec 2006
at 03:51
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras concentrates for a moment and his eyes glow.
Yeamon
 player, 117 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Mon 18 Dec 2006
at 21:47
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon waits expectantly, for Madras to advise on the way ahead.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 63 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 20 Dec 2006
at 16:01
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx draws his Mandolin and sets his fingers on the string, ready for anything.