The North: Into The Lion's Den.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
Daven Darkbane
 player, 73 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 1 Jan 2007
at 18:37
Re: Into the Lion's Den
daven walks over to the two former captives. He looks at them. Who knew what they where doing here. Did you hear anything of the guards the talk. It might not have seemed importent at the mpment, but anything about the child or about some places where they kept other captives. He looked around in the area befor speaking again.

Madras, Amras, Lynx Maybe I should go ahead and scout the area. Maybe gain some insight?

This message was lightly edited by the player at 19:30, Mon 01 Jan 2007.

Lianna
 player, 6 posts
Mon 1 Jan 2007
at 19:15
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna's fingers tingle as she recalls her favorite little spell, keeping it at the ready should she need to cast it while she answers the question posed by Daven.  "I do not recall any thing other than what we have already told you, but then I've never had the best mind or memory.  Perhaps Kalem knows more," she suggests quietly.
DM Kindred
 GM, 191 posts
Thu 4 Jan 2007
at 00:49
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Neither Kalem nor Lianna remember anything the guards said about any other captives apart from what they have already imparted. The guards didn't talk much around them. When you all are ready you can head further into the cave. You have the map and it shows only one way to go...
Daven Darkbane
 player, 74 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 4 Jan 2007
at 00:54
Re: Into the Lion's Den
I'll move ahead and scout the are. See you in a little while.He says with a smile and the  starts to move ahead of the others. He sneaked as best he could trough the remaining parts of the cave.

OCC:
I love these rolls. Got two 20s:P

01:52, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 24 using 1d20+8. spot.
01:52, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 17 using 1d20+8. listen.
01:52, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 29 using 1d20+9. hide.
01:52, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 34 using 1d20+14. Move silently.

Amras Telperien
 player, 309 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 5 Jan 2007
at 14:35
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Letting Daven get ahead Amras then follows on behind.
Yeamon
 player, 119 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sun 7 Jan 2007
at 10:28
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon follows as the group heads after Daven into the darkness beyond, the rogue now fully out of sight. As he walks, the monk calls to mind a mental picture of the druid they fought with back at the forest. He tries to recall with the all the detail he can the build and attire of the figure he'd wrestled with.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 65 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Mon 8 Jan 2007
at 07:47
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx follows along, at the ready to bolster his friends.  Every so often he looks in the direction of the two they saved, hoping that these new companions will be of help to their cause.
Lianna
 player, 7 posts
Mon 8 Jan 2007
at 08:42
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Knowing that she might be small but silence was not her strong suit, Lianna waited a bit so that Daven could scout ahead before following the others, staying close beside Kalem as she did, casting worried glances his way.  She couldn't wait to get out of there, very far from there.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 14 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 12/10/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Mon 8 Jan 2007
at 12:48
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Walking right besides Lianna, Kalem began to look through his pouch full of spell components when Daven moved on by himself, trying to determine if everything was still there or not.  Satisfied with what he found, he put the pouch back, and waited patiently for the scout to return.
DM Kindred
 GM, 192 posts
Mon 15 Jan 2007
at 22:21
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OCC: Sorry guys, didn't have any internet access for about a week. I'll move the story along now.

The Armour has moderate abjuration and the sword moderate transmutaion.


Daven heads down the tunnel. Does the party wait for him to scout then come back or do they follow?
Amras Telperien
 player, 311 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 15 Jan 2007
at 23:36
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC: I think we are following at a distance as per previous posts.
Yeamon
 player, 121 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Mon 15 Jan 2007
at 23:42
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC: Agreed
Lianna
 player, 9 posts
Mon 15 Jan 2007
at 23:50
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC: Follow, yes.  :)
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 66 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 17 Jan 2007
at 06:18
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC: SOunds right.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 16 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 12/10/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Wed 17 Jan 2007
at 11:56
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna:
OOC: Follow, yes.  :)

OOC:  Yes, what the lady said.  :-)
DM Kindred
 GM, 195 posts
Fri 19 Jan 2007
at 22:31
Re: Into the Lion's Den
As Daven exits the tunnel he sees a Half Orc standing with a great axe in his hands about50 feet away. He is looking at the tunnel entrance but has not yet seen Daven due to his stealth.

Daven:

You hear the slight footsteps of your less stealthy companions and you know that even though the Half-Orc hasn't noticed you yet he will soon hear them.

Everyone Else:

You see Daven's silhouette ahead in the tunnel.Hre seems to have stopped.
DM Kindred
 GM, 196 posts
Fri 19 Jan 2007
at 22:34
Re: Into the Lion's Den


Figured I'd repost the map. The Orc is standing in the square where the bottom of the 7 is. Remember the squares are 10 feet not 5.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 77 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 19 Jan 2007
at 23:43
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven makes some quick thinking and sheats his rapier and shots at the enemy befor him. He takes a chanse and fires, but the shot is not good, but he hopes that he has a chance atleast to wound it.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:44, Fri 19 Jan 2007.

Yeamon
 player, 123 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sat 20 Jan 2007
at 09:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon recognises the twanging sound of a bow of some sort firing, and figuring Daven must have shot at something ahead springs forward.

The monk barks quickly, "Cover your ears. Your ears!" as he withdraws a thunderstone from his robe pocket. Trying to push aside some of his companions, he moves forward along the narrow passage and prepares to throw the object into the space beyond.

10:27, Today: Yeamon rolled 25 using 1d20+6. Throw thunderstone past Daven.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:28, Sat 20 Jan 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 78 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 21 Jan 2007
at 18:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven quickly let's go of his crossbow and covers his ears befor drawing his rapier and makeing himself ready for combat.
Amras Telperien
 player, 312 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 22 Jan 2007
at 00:08
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras quickly covers his ears and waits for the ear splitting noise.
DM Kindred
 GM, 200 posts
Tue 23 Jan 2007
at 00:53
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Others have till midnight tomorrow to reply before I set up the battle.
Madras
 player, 58 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Tue 23 Jan 2007
at 02:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras raises his arms, blocking his ears with his upraised shoulders, unwilling to drop his weapon or take the time to loose his shield.
Lianna
 player, 12 posts
Tue 23 Jan 2007
at 03:11
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Not quite sure what the man was up to, Lianna did indeed cover her ears but also turned in to face Kalem with a questioning look, deferring to him as usual when it came to what to do.  He was the brilliant one, of course, she just backed him up with finesse and, if you asked him at least, good looks.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 17 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 12/10/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Tue 23 Jan 2007
at 11:25
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Knowing a thunderstone to only be efficient against targets very close to where it went off, having used several of the useful little items himself in the past, Kalem didn't bother covering his ears, instead starting to cast a spell as fast as he could.