Moonsea: Save The Little Children.   Posted by DM Kool.Group: 0
DM Kool
 GM, 128 posts
 The Overmind of all
 things creepy-crawly
Tue 15 May 2007
at 07:50
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
The guard grimaces.  "Six days."
Raith
 player, 22 posts
 Init +4      AC: 15/11/14
 HP: 26/26      SV: 6/6/6
Tue 15 May 2007
at 13:51
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
"Not much time we have, stop these killings before another death we must," Raith vows solemnly.
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 111 posts
 18/18 AC/FF/T 17/14/13
 Init: +3 F/R/W: 3/8/0
Tue 15 May 2007
at 14:48
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
Let's have a look at one of these unfortunate victims then...
Quinlan offers, hoping to get some headway before nightfall.
Fyrenn
 player, 8 posts
 21/21 :::  20/16/14
 Init: +4 ::: Saves 3/5/5
Tue 15 May 2007
at 15:43
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
Hearing the conversation unfold brought more than a little righteous anger to Fyrenn,but he displayed none,instead listening closely to the questions and answers.
DM Kool
 GM, 132 posts
 The Overmind of all
 things creepy-crawly
Sat 26 May 2007
at 05:24
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
"Right this way."  The guard leads you out to a different room, where he talks with a higher ranking official for a minute.  Finally,  he turns around and leads you to a small temple of sorts, where you are met by one of the clerics.  "Over here."  He leads you over to a table where the child is nicely straightened out, and properly attired for burial.
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 114 posts
 18/18 AC/FF/T 17/14/13
 Init: +3 F/R/W: 3/8/0
Sun 27 May 2007
at 21:18
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
Quinlan stiffens as they approach the child, feeling the rage swell from within. He forces himself to calm down and approaches the small body carefully. Hands and arms relaxed and hanging down his sides, he observes the child looking for anything out of the ordinary.

OOC: Quinlan rolls 22, spot.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:19, Sun 27 May 2007.

DM Kool
 GM, 134 posts
 The Overmind of all
 things creepy-crawly
Thu 7 Jun 2007
at 05:16
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
Quinlan looks closely at the body...


It is also to be noted that the eyes have a vague, empty look about them.
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 115 posts
 18/18 AC/FF/T 17/14/13
 Init: +3 F/R/W: 3/8/0
Thu 7 Jun 2007
at 05:27
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
There is a slight scarring at the throat. Quinlan concludes after his examination of the child. Gauge, can you detect any magical presence here? It's a long shot, but to me it looks like the child might have been dazed or drugged before it was killed. If we could find out the cause of this, magical or mundane, it might be of help.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:36, Thu 07 June 2007.

Gauge Julius-Lee
 player, 23 posts
 HP:12/12 AC: 13/11/13
 Init: +2 Saves: 2/5/5
Fri 8 Jun 2007
at 02:36
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
Stepping over to the child and Quinlan the young man nods his head.  I will see what I can find out for us friend...  Concentrating for a moment the sorcerer soon rubs his hands together and touches his temples.  When his eyes reopen they are glowing a pale blue that over shadow the white in his eyes.  Looking over the room and the boy he points out anything that is magical and apears before his vision.

OOC: Cast Detect Magic...

This message was last edited by the player at 02:37, Fri 08 June 2007.

DM Kool
 GM, 137 posts
 The Overmind of all
 things creepy-crawly
Fri 8 Jun 2007
at 05:38
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
Some info for the searchers...
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 117 posts
 18/18 AC/FF/T 17/14/13
 Init: +3 F/R/W: 3/8/0
Fri 8 Jun 2007
at 06:46
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
Quinlan takes a second look at the scar and snorts as he suddenly realizes what he's looking at.
It looks like the child's throat was slit, and that whoever did it healed the wound before leaving the body! Ritual sacrifice perhaps?
Gauge Julius-Lee
 player, 24 posts
 HP:12/12 AC: 13/11/13
 Init: +2 Saves: 2/5/5
Sun 10 Jun 2007
at 02:47
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
Quin there is a trace of magic all over the child, more so on the scar, but the auras are confusing to me and I can not tell you what kind of magic was used.  Perhaps we should go investigate the last spot that a child was found.  Gauge looks perplexed not being able to tell what kind of magic he is seeing...
DM Kool
 GM, 139 posts
 The Overmind of all
 things creepy-crawly
Sun 10 Jun 2007
at 04:11
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
PM
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 118 posts
 18/18 AC/FF/T 17/14/13
 Init: +3 F/R/W: 3/8/0
Sun 10 Jun 2007
at 21:29
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
It is a good idea, if we're lucky there might still be trails left. Everyone agrees? Quinlan asks the gathered companions.
Gauge Julius-Lee
 player, 25 posts
 HP:12/12 AC: 13/11/13
 Init: +2 Saves: 2/5/5
Sun 10 Jun 2007
at 23:16
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
Guage nods in agreement ready to get the mystery solved and get a reward to send back to his family.
Raith
 player, 24 posts
 Init +4      AC: 15/11/14
 HP: 26/26      SV: 6/6/6
Thu 14 Jun 2007
at 14:22
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
"Agreed," the silent half-orc voices, standing back up from his crouched position and indicating his readiness.
DM Kool
 GM, 143 posts
 The Overmind of all
 things creepy-crawly
Wed 4 Jul 2007
at 03:03
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
The guard captain looks at you for a moment.  "Well, if you're off to find the source of the problem, I could point you out the locations of all the deaths.  If you want, I could write them out on a map for you."
Gauge Julius-Lee
 player, 28 posts
 HP:12/12 AC: 13/11/13
 Init: +2 Saves: 2/5/5
Wed 4 Jul 2007
at 03:55
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
Looking at the map he shakes his head in disbeliefe at the number of children killed.  Raising an eyebrow Gauge looks at the locations carefully.  It seems friends that these murders are all in places that not many would walk come night fall.  More appear by Kuto's well as aposed to the other side of the main road.  Quin, since you seem more knowledgable of the area where would you suggest we look first?  Gauges ferret climbs out his pack and up to his shoulder.  Looking at the map if a creature could convey disgust everyone would almost think that it was.
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 119 posts
 18/18 AC/FF/T 17/14/13
 Init: +3 F/R/W: 3/8/0
Thu 5 Jul 2007
at 19:11
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
This is my first visit to this town, I'm afraid. Still, I'd suggest we start by the well, and work out from there. We should still begin with the location of the latest victim.
Quinlan looks eager to leave and start the investigation, hoping to pick up tracks, if any are to be found.

OOC: I'm not on my home computer and can't look at the maps this week (slow connection).
Gauge Julius-Lee
 player, 32 posts
 HP:12/12 AC: 13/11/13
 Init: +2 Saves: 2/5/5
Thu 2 Aug 2007
at 00:38
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
OOC: Assuming no one else is still with us and we have directions to the newest death...

Gauge came around the last corner of the maze of streets and gave a sigh of reliefe when he saw the address.  That last turn five streets over even with the help of the map had gotten himself a bit lost.  Telling his new found friend "Q" as he refered to him in his journals he would soon be there was a mistake.  Not seeing his friend there he grined a bit and thought perhaps him and the others got lost as well.  Looking over the area Gauge took a moment and thought of the magical energies on the child he had seen and then the idea came to him to try the same thing again as he searched for any clues that may still be lurking around the area.  He hoped he didn't get jumped or anything of his items were to be taken before his friends showed up.
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 124 posts
 18/18 AC/FF/T 17/14/13
 Init: +3 F/R/W: 3/8/0
Thu 2 Aug 2007
at 16:42
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
Hey Gauge, over here! Quinlan shouted over the din of the street life. He had no trouble finding the spot, but had wandered off as this and that had caught his attention.
So, let's have a look around shall we?!

18:42, Today: Quinlan Fairfellow rolled 9 using 1d20+3. Spot.
18:42, Today: Quinlan Fairfellow rolled 21 using 1d20+4. Search.
Gauge Julius-Lee
 player, 33 posts
 HP:12/12 AC: 13/11/13
 Init: +2 Saves: 2/5/5
Thu 2 Aug 2007
at 23:58
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
Gauges eyes glew much like they did back in the morgue, "Q" would be able to tell from the same glow that he had summoned the magical energies for detecting magic in the area.  Ahoy there "Q" I thought, nay, I hoped I was not the only one who had gotten lost.  I am still doing my best to get used to city life from living out in the middle of nowhere for so long, where you may ask, well no where really, heh heh, oh well my sorry attempt to cheer the grim mood up.  You looking very dark tonight... Gauge kept looking around trying to make another minor joke and not really doing a good job he just hoped he didnt insult Quinlan with his dark tan...
Garath Darkstar
 player, 6 posts
Mon 13 Aug 2007
at 01:09
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
Gauge's attempts to lighten the mood are interrupted by a cry from down the street.  Two youths approach the group, one apparently leading the other.  The lad in front, a mere boy really, waves at Gauge and Quinlan, crying again, "Ahoy!  Guv'nor here to see you," and points them out, quite unnecessarily, to his companion.

The said companion, not much older by his looks but with considerably more gravitas in his bearing, nods amiably, thanks his guide, and presses a small object into the urchin's palm (a coin?).  As the boy scampers off, the older youth turns to the group and approaches them.  When in comfortable speaking distance, he cups his hands together in a quaintly formal gesture of greeting and inclines his head.  "You must be master Fairfellow," he addresses the half-drow in a strangely resonant voice, almost too clear and pure to be the product of a human throat.  "And that would make you master Julius-Lee," he nods at Gauge.  "Greetings.  I am academician Garath Darkstar, and I understand you are engaged in a worthy endeavour, which I would fain seek your leave to join."
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 127 posts
 18/18 AC/FF/T 17/14/13
 Init: +3 F/R/W: 3/8/0
Mon 13 Aug 2007
at 14:38
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
Sent by the town guard i presume. I found traces of blood and some tracks leading this way... To the well by the looks of it. You are more than welcome to join us for I fear there lies dangers ahead.
Gauge Julius-Lee
 player, 37 posts
 HP:12/12 AC: 13/11/13
 Init: +2 Saves: 2/5/5
Mon 13 Aug 2007
at 17:26
Re: Moonsea - Save the Little Children
If we go to the well does that mean we must travel into the well as well?  That will just ruin my boots. setting his jaw he starts towards the well and shakes the new mans hand if he offers it so that he knows he wishes to be friendly.  I go by Gauge my friend, please don't call me Mr. Julius-Lee, thats my fathers name.  Smiling at the last bit he hoped the man understood the minor joke that is told many times in his hometown.