Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn.   Posted by DM Wolf.Group: 0
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 61 posts
Tue 19 Feb 2008
at 07:05
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Once again Fredrick moved in and struck with his bare hands. While his first strike was quite ugly, he more then made up with it on his second.


OOC:

Attack 1: 1 Natural 1(Miss)
Attack 2: 12 + 2 = 14 (Miss) (should be or else I'll edit)
Damage 2: 4

This message was last edited by the player at 23:53, Wed 20 Feb 2008.

DM Wolf
 GM, 72 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Wed 20 Feb 2008
at 00:36
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen manage to trip the skeleton and Fredericks Strikes manage to turn the skeleton into dust. The area is silent. Still the light shines from inside the inside the room leading from this corridor. The last sounds of bones hitting the floor echoes a little in the between the stone walls.
Ayaleen
 player, 22 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/20 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Wed 20 Feb 2008
at 08:53
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen leans against the wall, recovering a bit from the whole ordeal. The flaming aura that surrounded her had gone and she looked like her normal, if a bit injured, self.

"Who needs the healing touch of the Phoenix? Anyone hurt?" she inquired, looking at her companions.
Maximus
 GM, 62 posts
 HP: 18 / 14
Wed 20 Feb 2008
at 17:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Thanks for the offer Alayeen, I've was struck by a couple of magical bolts - nothing I can't handle though, I'm ok with traveling on." Maximus leans over a couple of the skeletons and inspects there robes and such then peers further down the cavern.  Unable to see beyond his magical flame, Max quickly casts another ‘dancing lights’ spell and wills the magical globes to travel further down the cavern once again.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:40, Thu 21 Feb 2008.

Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 62 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2008
at 00:12
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick shakes his head at Alayeen's question,

"No blade touched me."

It didn't take much to hear the pride in his voice.

He walked over to Erathiel gave her an good natured pat on the shoulder,

"You fought well, if the foes were living you would have done very well."

Fredrick also gave approving nods to Ayaleen and Maximus, who he figured needed no further words as they had each bested at least one foe each. There was a lack of eye contact with Sonida as well as any show of approval. He had been taught that one must not speak ill of fellow comrades when it was avoidable, and he figured she would get the message without any words needing to be spoken.

After taking a moment to catch his breath Fredrick went over to the follow foes and began to look for items of interest.


OOC: Did any of the skeletons have any blunt weapons?
Sonida
 player, 115 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Wed 27 Feb 2008
at 01:53
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida walked over to Ayaleen and could not help but feel that the lack of eye contact between her and Frederick was meant as some sort of show of lack of confident or word or thought of considering. She held her hand on her bleeding wound to the gut. She said politely. I could use some of that healing as they got me good. She looks down on her own wound before looking at Ayaleen.
Ayaleen
 player, 23 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/20 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Wed 27 Feb 2008
at 11:05
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
ooc: Sonida, if you update your profile, I can decide whether you need a cure Light or Medium wounds spell. Thanks.
Erathiel
 player, 14 posts
 HP 25/25 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Thu 28 Feb 2008
at 12:21
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick Darkshadow:
He walked over to Erathiel gave her an good natured pat on the shoulder,

"You fought well, if the foes were living you would have done very well."

"Thanks - but remind me to buy a morningstar when we get out of here?" Erathiel replied with a smile, and sheathed her blade.  At Ayaleen's offer for healing, the elven girl merely shook her head - she hadn't been hurt, barely even exhausted.  Her magical buckler had served her well, as it always did, and she'd always had a knack for dodging strikes and blows.

OOC:  If the skeletons don't carry bludgeoning weapons on them, we could probably use thighbones as clubs, or something.  :p
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 63 posts
Sun 2 Mar 2008
at 10:31
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick simply smiled and nodded at Erathiel's comment. He had hoped to hand her sometime right then, but the skeletons had all be using slashing or piercing weapons.

"Whenever you guys are ready..."

Fredrick make a motion for the group to continue down the hall, and once he is sure everyone is ready to go he heads that way, taking point.
Ayaleen
 player, 24 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/20 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Sun 2 Mar 2008
at 10:54
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen looked at Sonida's injuries and invoked the blessings of the Lord of Fire. Curing the injury wasn't an all too pleasurable experience, it was a burning sensation but it left the rogue healed and fit, it was truly a cleansing experience.

ooc: CLW 9pts. on Sonida.
DM Wolf
 GM, 74 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Sun 9 Mar 2008
at 16:28
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As the group headed deeper into the underground layer they passed the corner and was struck with the image they saw. The room was lighted up by a huge statue. It was in the shape of two phoenixes rising from one single ash pool. Underneath there was a lot of writings not in the common language that is used for trade or in the local language of the Dragon Coast. There is also some seats around a black stone table. Many books filled the bookcases of the room. There was also two quite nicely made chest with locks.
Ayaleen
 player, 25 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/20 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Mon 10 Mar 2008
at 09:30
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen sank to her knees. This majestic sight was one that resembled her home temple very closely. The phoenix, symbol of her order, stood for the cleansing power of fire.

After a short prayer to her lord, she got back to her feet and inspected the room more closely. The priestess went over to the statue and tried to decipher the writing...
Maximus
 player, 63 posts
 HP: 18 / 14
Mon 10 Mar 2008
at 23:01
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Seeing the bookshelves lined with books, Maximus's eyes light up for a brief second.  Knowledge is power his old master used to say and power was something that Maximus was very fond of.  ‘Mad Max’ is what the others used to call him for seeking such power, but they didn’t understand...the feeling of raw energy being unleashed at one’s fingertips was intoxicating and addictive....very addictive Max thought as he walks toward the bookshelves.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 64 posts
Wed 12 Mar 2008
at 08:29
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick remained in the entrance of the room. He watched as Maximus headed for the bookself and Ayaleen headed for the statue.

"I'd advise everyone to be a bit careful. This room looks to comfortable to be without its hidden dangers."</darkblue>

With that Fredrick glanced at Sonida. She may not be able to fight, but perhaps she could make sure that if someone opened something up it wouldn't explode or shoot some deadly arrow or bolt at them.
Erathiel
 player, 16 posts
 HP 25/25 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Fri 14 Mar 2008
at 13:41
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Yeah, what he said," Erathiel mumbled, staying by the entrance, one hand on her blade.  This place simply screamed 'danger' to the wood elf, but she tried to shake that feeling off, not wanting to get paranoid, either. . .
DM Wolf
 GM, 78 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Fri 21 Mar 2008
at 08:28
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As Maximus us walked over and had a look at the bookshelf he saw that most of them where about magical theories. Some about the creation of undead and immortally. The writings on the statue seems to be old. Maybe even some of them are of magical nature.
Sonida goes forward and checks the chest but is surprised to find it without traps or even locked. Hey come over here. You should really see this. those who go to the chest see that it's full of finely made items. Frederick finds some that he is familiar with. He reach out for them and takes them into his hand. Suddenly there starts to spin out a fog like substance around him and it's spinning around him at great speeds. Then it suddenly stops in a explosion of red glowing balls. Then move farther in to the cave underneath the haunted Opera House. Fredrick is nowhere to be seen.
Maximus
 player, 64 posts
 HP: 18 / 14
Fri 21 Mar 2008
at 21:40
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Spinning around with his staff raised high and arms outstretched ready to unleash hell, Maximus tries to determine what happened to their companion Fredrick.

17:36, Today: Maximus rolled 22 using 1d20+11. Spellcraft.
17:36, Today: Maximus rolled 29 using 1d20+9. Knowledge - The Planes.
17:35, Today: Maximus rolled 22 using 1d20+9. Knowledge - Arcana.

Erathiel
 player, 17 posts
 HP 25/25 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Fri 21 Mar 2008
at 21:52
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Oookay..." Erathiel mumbled as she took a step towards the chest, looking down at it.  "Here goes nothing..." she whispered, and reached down to pick up a ring an an amulet, which she recognized as minor magical items, both meant to improve the defense of the wearer.
Ayaleen
 player, 27 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/20 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Fri 21 Mar 2008
at 22:54
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen's eyes glowed with divine fervor as she turned to the others, she did not seem to notice Frederick's absence, instead she looked into the chest and her eyes opened wide. It was as if her Lord meant to show her how much he trusted her, how much he wanted her to do his bidding. Slowly, with a shaking hand, she took something out. It was a mask of fine craftsmanship, covering only the area around the eyes, decorated with feathery edges and of orange red color. A slim necklace had been caught in its feathers and the priestess stuffed it into her pocket with a forlorn look that was still focused on the mask. Putting it on she whispered something that could not be understood, but the awed tone spoke for itself.
DM Wolf
 GM, 80 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Tue 8 Apr 2008
at 05:22
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
With a loud clicking sound coming from the statue a blueish flame light up around the phoenix. Then souls start to circle around it. Four souls. Coming from the basin of the statue. The sound of the dead is terrible as they circle the statue. After a little while they start to move. At the same time there are three symbols that light up at the statue.  slowly like a white light up towards the sealing. Then it moves down the corridor that the group has not been to. Erathiel seems a bit nervous and appears not to like the whole thing. Sonida stands near the chest holding her items. She looks stunned by the things that happen around her.
Ayaleen
 player, 29 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/20 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Wed 9 Apr 2008
at 09:52
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen stood by, watching the spectacle in awe.
Maximus
 player, 66 posts
 Int:+2 AC: 12/10/12
 HP: 14/18 Saves:+3/+3/+3
Thu 10 Apr 2008
at 00:03
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus stands ready, bringing his magical powers to bare like a volcano ready to explode.
DM Wolf
 GM, 81 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Sun 20 Apr 2008
at 13:36
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
After the light go away silence fills the halls. The fires continue to burn around the bottom on the statue. Still there is light from the unchecked corridor. A small, almost to small to notice wind of freash air is coming in from somewhere. Had it not been for the smell of the closed room it would not have been felt. It sure had been a long day or at least it felt like it. Still it was nice to have some fresh air to breath.
Ayaleen
 player, 30 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/20 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Sun 20 Apr 2008
at 15:11
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen shrugged more to herself than anything else and began marching towards the corridor and the light.
Maximus
 player, 67 posts
 Int:+2 AC: 12/10/12
 HP: 14/18 Saves:+3/+3/+3
Tue 22 Apr 2008
at 19:55
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus followed as well...