Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn.   Posted by DM Wolf.Group: 0
DM Wolf
 GM, 11 posts
Tue 26 Jun 2007
at 04:45
The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As you enter the door at this nice little inn you are meet with a amasing smell and  sound. The Inn is full of life with all you could expect to find at a inn. The Inn is halv full with people and there are a lot of strange people walking about. The Innkeeper is named Baldred smiles and says What may I help you fine gentelmen with today? while cleaning a few tankards for ale.

One of the many nice things to see inside is s elven lady talkinf with a few halflings. Another strange sight is a halforc staning in one corner drinking ale and talking to a human dressed in a nice black shirt and black pants.
Sonida
 GM, 10 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 26 Jun 2007
at 08:41
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
A tall young woman dressed in black studded leather steps into the bar, looking around quickly and then walking over to the barkeep, dodging a couple people on her way through. She nods to the barkeep, grinning, and asks A mug of the good stuff? She sets a silver piece on the counter, waiting for a response or a mug.
Maximus
 player, 3 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sat 30 Jun 2007
at 22:34
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Lightning flashes and fire erupts from his fingertips, just in the nick of time Maximus arrives to save the day.  With limitless energy at his command, this young man controls so much power that even Eliminster himself quakes in Maximus's presence..."Oh man, what a dream!  Someday it'll be true, someday..." then stretches a little.

Waking up from another well night’s rest Maximus raises from bed washes up a bit and dresses, then he heads down stairs of the Shining Star Inn.  "Time for a bite to eat.  Oh boy, look at the strange people out about today," he says as he gets down stairs and looks around.

Walking over to an empty table Max orders some stew and some herbal tea.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:39, Sat 30 June 2007.

Sonida
 player, 13 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sat 30 Jun 2007
at 22:41
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
A voice from behind Maximus cheerfully answers his mutterings as he sits, I resent being called strange, especially by someone who orders tea in a tavern.
Maximus
 player, 4 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sat 30 Jun 2007
at 23:09
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Max turns toward Sonida and with a genuine smile and raised eyebrows says, "well, I didn't think anyone was listening to my mad musings and I try to stay away from alcohol - it tends to misdirect my magic.  Please sit, judging by your many scars you must have many tales to tell and I'd like to buy your next round to make amends for my earlier comment."
DM Wolf
 GM, 14 posts
Sat 30 Jun 2007
at 23:12
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As Maximus talk his words about stranger the half-orc grounts as Maximus passes and throws steange looks over at him and the halfling that speaks to Maximus.

As Maximus makes his orders the innkeeper smiles widely and says Ah yes young master Maximus. I'll bring it to you in a short while. And what might I get you young lady?
Sonida
 player, 14 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sat 30 Jun 2007
at 23:59
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Beer, something good. she nods to the halfling, then sits, smiling, Maximus? I'm Sonida. she says, pausing for a second.(pronounced 'sawn-E-dah') I'm not the best storyteller, and I'm not sure my stories would be the sort you want to hear.
Maximus
 player, 5 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sun 1 Jul 2007
at 01:42
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Well, its nice meet you Sonida, I am Maximus out of Silverymoon," he says with a nod. "Alas, you seem to have experienced more combat than I have.  Except for a couple kobold burrows and an orc or two here and there, I don't have too much to tell.  However, that is why I am here, to gain knowledge, experience and I do so the love the feeling when I zap evil doers,"  as he says that he mimics shooting off a couple of magic missiles at an empty part of the room.
Sonida
 player, 16 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 1 Jul 2007
at 05:10
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
So, who fits your description of evildoers?
Maximus
 player, 6 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sun 1 Jul 2007
at 16:35
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Well, hopefully anyone I blow apart with my magic," he says with a chuckle.  "I can't say that I put that label on just about anyone, but I guess if I we're to give an example it'll have to be the group of kobolds I fought against a while back.  You see this small village sent out a distress call a few months ago looking for mercenaries and I and few others answered the call.  These kobolds were attacking and killing some of the village people, including a small child - I would consider those beasts’ evildoers.  A priest of Cyric I ran across was doing some unspeakable things," he says with a sigh.  "Enough of me rambling on, tell me a bit about yourself."
Sonida
 player, 17 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 1 Jul 2007
at 17:20
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
I get along. I try to stay on the right side of the 'evildoer' line. Lately it's been boring stuff, guard work and such. I haven't had a good pitched battle in the streets in years, since I left Westgate. I used to do treasure hunting and tracking down of merchants who skip town while they still owe people money, but I haven't been very lucky lately, and none of that stuff presents itself, so it's boring guard work for now. she says with a sigh, I trust you don't want to blow me up because I've beaten up a few merchants and stabbed people who might not quite have deserved it?
Maximus
 player, 7 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sun 1 Jul 2007
at 22:03
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"I'm no paladin and I don't see these realms as black and white, there are many shades of grey..." as he leans back in his chair and scratches his chin where a bit of stubble has grown in.  "As for blowing you up, I'd like to finish my tea first," he says jestingly.  "Bored you say, hmmm.  I only know two cures for that, curiosity and adventure.
Sonida
 player, 18 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 1 Jul 2007
at 22:33
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Plenty of the first, and I'm keeping my eye out for the second. she says cheerfully, though she does wrinkle her nose as he sips his tea and accepts her mug graciously, Tea in a tavern, the archetypical gathering place of adventurers, cutthroats and pirates, and he's drinking tea. she mutters her disapproval, loudly enough for him to hear.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:33, Sun 01 July 2007.

Maximus
 player, 8 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Mon 2 Jul 2007
at 11:46
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus smiles a bit at Sonida's comments about him drinking tea in tavern and then takes a sip of his herbal drink then sits the cup down, "I've had worse."  Leaning in bit, "I've recently arrived here on the Coast and will be looking for a bit work where I might be able to apply my skills as an evoker, have you any idea where one might start looking?"

This message was last edited by the player at 11:47, Mon 02 July 2007.

DM Wolf
 GM, 16 posts
Mon 2 Jul 2007
at 15:07
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Just as the talk of adventuring and dangerous stuff the Innkeeper comes over to the table with warm lamb stew and the ale that Sonida had orderes. Well  not that I'm listening into you conversation or anything like that. I know better to keep my nose out of it, but I know of a man that seeks adventurers to help him. A respected sembian merchant, well as respectable as they get in that part of the world. Not that it's anything wrong with sembians it's not that.  Well We have a haunted Opera House in town. It just opned a week ago. Not many guest that night I'll tell you.  Well something or someone has hurt a little child. A girl not much older then maybe six or seven winters old. She's in a sort of sleep that none can wake her up from.  Strange stuff that. Well the father and the sembian merchant named Elebar both wanted the same thing and wanted to save money so they went together and are hireing people in this very Inn at this moment. If you want I could arrange a meeting for you young master and lady. Several people look over at the talk about the haunted Opera House and many nooded and sayed You know what I heared the same thing to the man next to him. and so all the people began talking about what might have caused it and what it couldn't be.
Maximus
 player, 9 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Mon 2 Jul 2007
at 20:45
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"I can't speak for the lady here but, I would be very interested in meeting and helping these people.  Scum that hurt children should be punished."
Sonida
 player, 19 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Mon 2 Jul 2007
at 21:46
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida's everpresent grin grows a little wider, Sounds fun, haven't gotten any decent chances to test out this new armor since I got the priest to enchant it. and haunted certainly sounds like a bit of magical protection would be useful. She starts to get up with her mug, so, where are they?
Girda, of Helm
 player, 2 posts
Tue 3 Jul 2007
at 02:30
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Girda turns her, and her chair around.  "Aye-yuh.  A good question, that." she interjects, though her kindly face, weathered with experience, clearly means no harm or insult. "I know where it is.  From around here, originally, and that old house is as old as I am or older.  I was surprised that it was re-opened, I was."  She takes a slurp of ale, then looks up over the foam.  "Oh, yah.  Girda.  Of Helm, I be.  Pleased and all, Master an' Missus."
Nummy
 player, 1 post
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Tue 3 Jul 2007
at 04:40
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Also eavesdropping on your conversation from a nearby table is a dwarven fighter, with hair of red and gold and eyes of green.  He stands up, a short 4'1" stature, and waddles over to your table.

"Might ye be needin' a strong arm and a sharp sword?  I meself be lookin' fer work-I can't hardly afford ta feed meself," he says before letting out a grotesquely loud 'Buuurp!'-followed closely behind by the smell of the meal he had just wolfed down hanging heavy in the air, along with the aroma of stale ale and something else you don't want to identify coming obviously from another part of his body.

"My name's Nummy, and that sure was Yummy!  Sorry, corny I know, but I couldn't resist.  The whole name is Nufacop U. Meluweqe-damn whoever made those names up in the first place...and now you know why I call meself Nummy-with that preposterous name, I got beat up a lot as a kid."

"Well, can I join ya?  I ain't 'fraid'a no ghosts!"  Nummy then scratches his left armpit as he waits for a reply, hopefully an invite.
Sonida
 player, 20 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 3 Jul 2007
at 09:17
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Helm eh? not quite the life of parties, but a scrappy bunch nontheless. So you're a priestess, or a paladin then, her nose wrinkles shlightly before she returns to her usual smile, Most worshippers don't use their god as their last name. She turns and regards the dwarf with a strange look, then says, with a tinge of sarcasm, Hmm... Short, a bit chubby, and a bit disgusting, exactly what I'm looking for in a man. She grins widely, glancing over at Girda, Sonida; of Tempus, and Waukeen, and Mask... but mostly Tempus; at your service.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 3 posts
Tue 3 Jul 2007
at 10:09
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"So then, Innkeeper - who is this man, this merchant of whom you speak?  For it has all the trappings of chance meeting; were few could alone, there are strength in numbers.  I will pledge my aid, as a servitor of Helm, to this task."
Sonida
 player, 21 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 3 Jul 2007
at 10:20
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Servitor? Sounds like a boring thing to do on an adventure.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 4 posts
Tue 3 Jul 2007
at 10:26
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Girda laughs; chuckles really.  "Sonida, I'm about old enough to be your mother.  Don't you worry about what I do.  Helm and his people helped me when I had nothing, not even hope.  Then for a while, I had no where to go.  Then I couldn't imagine leaving.  And just when you think that everything's set in stone, it changes."  Girda smiles.  The world's a strange place, that's sure..."

GIrda looks back to the innkeeper...
Sonida
 player, 22 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 3 Jul 2007
at 10:38
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida snorts a small laugh, Old enough to be my mother? What does helm have his servitors doing?
Girda, of Helm
 player, 5 posts
Tue 3 Jul 2007
at 12:45
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
GIrda smiles.  "We who Watch, do exactly that.  Watch, Protect, Honor and Obey.  What kind of a world where children dissappear when at the opera?  Where are the Heroes to Protect the young?  Defend the old?  Ensure freedom and peace?"  She scritches the back of her head.  "We are here."  She touches her heart.  "Helm has his servitors doing what is necessary to ensure that peace and freedom have a chance."

She takes a breath.  "It's what I live by.  I would not push it at you, or anyone, of course.  But I am compelled to take action where I can."
DM Wolf
 GM, 17 posts
Tue 3 Jul 2007
at 20:35
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The innkeeper chuckles at the word exchange between the unlikely gathering of folks that had answeared the call, topugh he looks a little strange at the dwarf called Nummy and you can hear something about dwarves and no manners at all being mentioned under his breath.

Ah a serventor of Helm well you have always been welcomed guest. Well m'lady of Helm you may find him at this Inn  in about he looks out the small window in the door and you can see the sun is coming clear trough it. half hour or so. It depends how busy it's in the streets about this time . Aslo sorry if I confused you, but the girls is safe, well of sorts. Whatever happened to her in that cursed house it drained her of life and now we can not wake her. She is sleeping in her room, guarded well I suppose. her Father has a great deal of money and influence around here. I'll send him over when he enters the door. His name is Daseroth and the sembian merchant is named, well I'm not quite sure what his name is.
Sonida
 player, 23 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 3 Jul 2007
at 21:31
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sighing, Sonida asks Girda a question, So, are you powerful enough of a priest to just break the enchantment, or do we have to track down it's source first, with the girl's life fading. I don't find that an appealing proposition, we're more likely to succeed if we have time.
Nummy
 player, 2 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Wed 4 Jul 2007
at 04:05
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The dwarf listens as the other chit-chat, never being one to join in frivolous conversations.  He really isn't that comfortable in social situations, having played with only himself most of his younger years.  His face turns red as he thinks about the way those cruel children taunted him on a daily basis, and anyone watching him notices that his hands start to shake uncontrollably.

He wonders about the little girl, a child who, even though she may be just as mean as kids can be when they want to, doesn't deserve to have such a curse placed on her, and he vows to himself to do what he can to find a way to help her.  Of course, any money or treasures involved serve as equal motives to the relatively poor dwarf.

Nummy surprises even himself when he slams his fist down on the table and speaks, "The girl will be saved if'n I have anything ta do wit' it!" He then wipes his eyes and looks at the others, quickly explaining, "I have a problem with overactive tear ducts...clouds me vision sometimes."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:10, Wed 04 July 2007.

Girda, of Helm
 player, 6 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Wed 4 Jul 2007
at 04:51
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Of course"  Girda nods.  "Tear ducts.  Probably not as much smelter dust in the air, Master Dwarf, and the fresh air is getting to you."

"Anyway, Mistress Soninda, I will do what I can with what I have.  Helm is a watcher, and a protector.  I want to be the same.  All the same, maybe there's something that we all can do, a role that we all must play in this.  It is a rare story that has one player."
Sonida
 player, 24 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Wed 4 Jul 2007
at 08:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Oh, yes, we would still have to deal with whatever did this, but, if we knew she had time, it would be much easier
Girda, of Helm
 player, 7 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Wed 4 Jul 2007
at 11:17
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"True enough, and I don't know.  We'll ask the main man once he arrives.  Do we have a company then?  Shall we form a pact, so as to present ourselves as One?"
Sonida
 player, 25 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Wed 4 Jul 2007
at 15:09
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
That would be reasonable, all of us appear... somewhat, she looks at the dwarf with a sly smile, Competent
Nummy
 player, 3 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Thu 5 Jul 2007
at 02:49
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"As I said before, I'll do whatever it takes ta help this little girl," says the dwarven fighter, "an' ta help keep you weaklings alive." he adds.  Rebutting the woman's comment, he growls, sneering at her,"I'm more than capable of handling me own...my competence ya needn't worry yer purty little head over."

Nummy then looks over at the door, hoping that the man with the mission details arrives soon.  He is quite ready to get this adventure under way to rid him of the boredom he has had to endure lately with no work to be found.
Maximus
 player, 10 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Thu 5 Jul 2007
at 05:26
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus leans back in his chair again with a bit of an amused look on his face while sipping his tea.  This is going to work out very well indeed he thought, a dwarven meat shield, a priest of Helm and a rouge – what a lucky day to fall into these people, such a well rounded group and a great opportunity to use my destructive magic…

“Yes, I say we have a pretty good group here and I think we covered the most important areas; stealth, muscle, divine and arcane magic.”  With a tip from his cup Maximus drinks down the rest of his tea.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 2 posts
Thu 5 Jul 2007
at 07:35
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
A man clothed in monk's robes chuckled at Maximus' statement. Until now he had been quite content at listening to the group to see if it was anything he would be interested in. He had found the group to his liking the question remained if they would find his talents useful.

"I beg your forgiveness Maximus, and that of your newfound allies, for my ruddiness. Like some of your newfound comrades I am guilty of a bit of eavesdropping. You are quite right the company you keep seems quite well rounded, but you over look one important aspect that perhaps I can fill."

The monk gave a friendly smile as he took a sip of his drink; water by the looks of it. He wasn't about to intrude further without an invitation, that would be impolite and boorish.
Sonida
 player, 26 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Thu 5 Jul 2007
at 08:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida raises an eyebrow at him, and that aspect is?
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 3 posts
Thu 5 Jul 2007
at 10:14
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The monk smiled at Sonida glad to see he was able to continue,


"I mean no disrespect, but your group lacks depth and adaptability. I would bring a different type of muscle, stealth, and scout to your company. I do not want to pretend to know each of your abilities, but I am fairly confident that Nummy's has a fighting style that is rather different then mine. The same goes of Sonida's talents when in comes to stealth and scouting. If it would please your company to have a little more diversity I would consider it an honor to travel with you."
Maximus
 player, 11 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Thu 5 Jul 2007
at 16:10
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus smiles a bit, "Five is a better number than four."
Sonida
 player, 27 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Thu 5 Jul 2007
at 21:18
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
You suggsting I can't fight? She says with a wink, I don't have these for show, she says, extracting one of her silver, steel and black daggers from it's sheath. She tosses it up holding the hilt and catches the blade, I can put it in an eye across the room, and I can stick it in your gut or throat from right here. I know what I'm doing, she ends by tossing the dagger again, catching the hilt and smoothly sliding it into it's sheath.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 8 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Thu 5 Jul 2007
at 21:43
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"For certain you do, Sonida.  Forgive me though, Master...of no name."  Girda smiles, meaning not to attack, but to include.  "I as much know your fighting or scout style, I know your name.  My Unseeing Eye marks me as a servitor of Helm; the dwarves' arms and armor makes it obvious that he is a man at arms; Sonida's confidence and blades make her the same at least, and Maximus is self-declared as an arcanist...but I can neither discern your purpose or name.  I, am, as you may have overheard, Girda, of Helm."
Sonida
 player, 28 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Thu 5 Jul 2007
at 21:50
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida coughs slighty *cough*woman-at-arms*cough* she clears her throat and resumes her grin.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 4 posts
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 01:40
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The monk is happy to have joined so easily. He was use to having to prove his skills before being allowed to do anything, but then he had already learned the outside world was different. Sonida's reaction was a bit strange, but it was probably a test of some sort.

"Sonida, I mean only that I am sure you have skills that are far greater than mine in many areas. One area that is quite clearly that case is your grace and style wielding those daggers."

Fredrick gave an apologetic bow to Sonida before continuing,

"It is truly a pleasure Girda, my name is Fredrick Darkshadow. You may call me Fredrick, Darkshadow, or monk as you wish."

He gives a polite nod to the group,

"My more aggressive and physical talents are in fighting with grace and speed rather then weapons and armor. I am also a tracker and hunter of some skill and can move without being seen or heard if I wish it. My purpose, is simply to aid in the rescue of a little girl and stop the desecration of a place of dance and song. The reward is not exactly a painful thing to endure either."
Nummy
 player, 4 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 02:47
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"I say welcome, monk.  More muscle never hurt anybody, and I'm sure you'll help absorb some of the damage that would likely fall to me should we find ourselves in a fight.  Maybe between the two of us we can even keep these weaker ones alive long enough to solve this mystery."

Nummy flexed his overly-large biceps to show the others just how much muscle he would be adding to the group.  He then sniffed his armpits and put his arms back down at his sides immediately.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:49, Fri 06 July 2007.

Maximus
 player, 12 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 05:39
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
“Yes it would seem that we each bring some talent to this table that will benefit this group and help solve this mystery.  As for being one of the weak ones master Nummy, if you keep what ever we face at bay, then I will do my very best to blow them to pieces.”  Leaning back in his chair again Maximus glances about the room, half wondering where the innkeeper has gone off too and also wondering if any others are going to come out of the woodwork for this adventure.
Sonida
 player, 29 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 08:56
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ye callin me weak dwarfie? I bet I could drink yer dwarfishness under the table. Good thing for you I know that drunk is not the best way to present yourself to an employer. Last time I did that, next I remember seeing him, neither of us were wearing any clothes. Wouldn't want that to happen to a poor dwarf. she grins down at the dwwarf and takes a sip out of her glass.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 9 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 10:33
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Girda takes another slurp of ale.  She watches.  And waits.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 5 posts
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 11:06
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow chuckles a bit at Sonida's antics. Perhaps it wasn't a test after all, but a general way of life for her. He was also glad to see he had earned some respect from the dwarf, a difficult thing to do normally. He continued to sit there sipping his water and watch. There was a great deal to be learned.
DM Wolf
 GM, 18 posts
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 14:45
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
After around 15 muinits later the door swings open and a well dressed man walks into the Inn. He looks around abit befor going to the Innkeeper and hastely says a few words that you can not hear. The Innkeeper points to you and nods. The man walk towards you and he is wearing a black leather armor and also carry two shotswords at his hips. He got three rings. One made of gold has something loking like feathers running across it and the rest is a signet ring bearing the house symbol. He bows and says Good day. I'm Dasarath. I understand it like this that you are seeking employment. I like to know what I'm paying for so let's take this into a room and we'll talk there. I have arranged a little office with him and let's now move over there. Take your drinks with you unless you are finished with them.

He then turns around on the spot and walk towards the stairs, but instead of walking uo the stairs he opens a door that almost none of you hade noticed befor. As you walk into the office you see leather chairs and a fireplace as well. The man claiming to be Dasarath walks over to the table and removes his cloak revealing three daggers across his back in a bandoler. surely a clever place to hide small weapons. He then sits down

Well just give me your names and your reasons for partaking in this job that I got for you. Please ony one and one. Also mention you most skilled skills that you posess.

He finds a quil and starts to write as soon as the first person starts to talk.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 10 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 17:28
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"I am Girda, a servitor of Helm, Pennon Sergeant in the Order of the All-Seeing Eye, Guardian and Healer." She says, her chin up and her red-plumed helmet under her arm.
Sonida
 player, 30 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 21:11
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida takes a deep bow, brushing her hair from the side of her face as she straightens up, Sonida, Servitor of the same, Mercenary of medium renown, Stabber and stealer. She winks in Girda's direction, My reasons are the pay and the exitement, a little incidental help to those in need isn't a bad thing.
Nummy
 player, 5 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 21:48
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Nummy here, at yer service.  I specialize in slicing the bad guys to shreds and shielding my comrades from nasty cuts and bruises.  As far as non-combat skills go, I can tie a mean knot, several different kinds of course, but my pride by far comes from my sculptured creations.  Might ye one day be interested in a life-sized statue of yourself to gift to your sweetheart, perhaps in marble or alabaster?"

The dwarf sees this as an excellent opportunity to make potential new clients for work down the road.  He also knows that word of mouth can bring lots of business as long as it's not words of ill.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 6 posts
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 21:53
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow followed along and listened closely, and quickly found that the manner of this man left a lot to be desired. When his turn came along he responded with equally short and quick responses as clearly this is what the man wanted,

"I am Fredrick Darkshadow. I am here because I am needed. I have skills in fighting, tracking, and stealth."
Sonida
 player, 31 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 23:14
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida tilts her head in maximus's direction, waiting for him before speaking.
Maximus
 player, 13 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sat 7 Jul 2007
at 05:19
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Slightly amused at this inventory list this man called Dasarath was writing about each of his new companions, Maximus decides to play along for now.  “I am versed in the wizardly arts and specialize in evocation.  I also bring to this table a wide variety of know languages and knowledge of many mystical affairs.”
DM Wolf
 GM, 19 posts
Sat 7 Jul 2007
at 12:23
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The man hastely writes down the details that you give him. As he sits writing down   the information given by Maximus he looks up from his quill and says let's just hope that you can save my little girl then. Solve the mysterie and I shall be most generous.

He takes a few seconds befor looking back at you againe. This is so a man that is on the verge of breaking abart by the slightest wind. He clears his troath befor speaking againe.

Let's see you are five people on this mission. Well what do you say to a pay of 1000 gold? as he sees the widening of eyes he hastely says To the entire party and then you can split it up however you want. As for any loot you might find on the people that is behind this you may keep, but I know a man that would love to buy them. Just remember why you are doing this. remember that you are hired to help my daughter.

He stands up and walk towards a painting, a very large painting. He simply pust at the right side of the painting and it starts to turn, showing the back of the painting. There it is a map of sorts. This is the map of the city and the sewerlines as well. The Opera house is on the east side of the city. Now it is guarded with most vigilance by the City guard. You need to get in. Thanks to my status I have managed to get clarence for you to enter tonight if you want. the council fools feels it's best to make it under the cloak of darkness to avoid anyone else from entering it. Now what do you say. Shall you take on this mortal quest to save my daughter, then signe right here and we have a formal agrrement.

He hold out two quills and a owlfeather. The ink he holds in his hands are red as blood. A tradition that some hold alive, but not useing real blood anymore, but simple red coloured ink.
Sonida
 player, 32 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sat 7 Jul 2007
at 12:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
sonida takes the contract, reading it to make sure it says what he says it says, then, assuming it does, she signs her first name in small, neat script. she holds it out for the next person, then looks seriously towards the man, Your daughter is as safe as I can make her, I don't cheat my employers.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 7 posts
Sun 8 Jul 2007
at 05:38
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow kept his emotions to himself, waiting to see if everyone was as willing to sign this paper as Sonida. Anyone paying even a little amount of attention could see the monk was less then willing to sign it himself.
Maximus
 player, 14 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sun 8 Jul 2007
at 14:13
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Hmm, red ink - I like that color thought Maximus while walking over towards the contract and sighing in big letters and taking up more than his allotted space on the page.  "I'm prepared to leave tonight," accepting the map from their new employer Max starts to study the layout.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 11 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Sun 8 Jul 2007
at 14:16
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Girda signs saying simply:  "I will do all I can."
Nummy
 player, 6 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Sun 8 Jul 2007
at 15:26
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"You'd just better not be tryin' ta screw us over...and if ya ain't, my apologies...," says the dwarf as he writes his name on the paper in big block letters.  He then looks at the map and tries to discern what he can about the layout of the area, particularly of the underground sewer system.
Sonida
 player, 33 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 8 Jul 2007
at 15:34
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida looks over towards Maximus, trying to read the map. She is apparently failing, as she gives up and crosses her arms over her chest, muttering sullenly, Damn eye, before looking over in Maximus' direction again. So, as a master of languages, what do you speak? she says, giving up on being grumpy.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 8 posts
Sun 8 Jul 2007
at 19:34
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow figures this is just one of the traditions of the outside world that seemed like a rather strange to him but normal to those around him. Not waisting any more time he signs the paper after reading it throughly.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 12 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Sun 8 Jul 2007
at 22:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Do you have a problem with your eye, dear?" she asks, looking at the map along with the others...
Sonida
 player, 34 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 8 Jul 2007
at 22:46
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida rolls her eyes, Yes... dear. A dagger in the eye can do that.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:46, Mon 09 July 2007.

Maximus
 player, 15 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Mon 9 Jul 2007
at 01:45
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Turning towards Sonida, I speak a few languages that are common to many folk and few that are not, such as Chondathan, Elven, Giant, Sylvan and I’ve been know to carry on a pretty good conversation in Draconic when I can find someone or something to speak it with.
Sonida
 player, 35 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Mon 9 Jul 2007
at 02:16
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sounds interesting, Maybe you could teach me a bit of elven and draconic?
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 9 posts
Mon 9 Jul 2007
at 02:39
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow was learning a great deal about his new found comrades. They were an eager lot, as they all wished to read the map at once. The monk allowed them to do so, trusting his allies to figure out the best manner of assault.

He also found them to be an easy going bunch, as no one would discuss such trivial matters in front of an employer. These were discussions for around the campfire, and for the long walks down the well traveled roads. The languages of Maximus and Sonida's eye trouble were of no concern to the employer.

For now Darkshadow remained still, with a fixed gaze at their employer. He had been brief before and he expected this meeting would not last much longer.
Maximus
 player, 16 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Mon 9 Jul 2007
at 04:48
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"It would be 'Seasamin', which in elvish means 'my pleasure,'" Maximus says with a smile and a slight bow.
Nummy
 player, 7 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Mon 9 Jul 2007
at 08:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"You got a dagger stuck in your eye?!?  Ouch...that hurts me to even think about it!!" Though Nummy had sustained his share of injuries before, never such a gruesome and painful one as Sonida's had he incurred.  He then shouts, "Khazâd ai-mênu!  Don't screw with Nummy, Uzbad u tarâg u baraz!!"
Sonida
 player, 36 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Mon 9 Jul 2007
at 08:56
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Not exactly, but it did nick it, and it sliced up the side of my head pretty good. The priest I talked to couldn't heal it, something about sensitive nerves being permanently damaged. I'm fine usually, my eyes were better than perfect before, so I can throw fine, but when it's foggy or dark my blurry eye is almost completely blind. And I'm not too good at reading things from a distance either. She shrugs, a sigh mixing with a little smile. In his defense, I was trying to kill him.
Nummy
 player, 8 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 03:42
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Well, it's good ta know I'm not the only one with blurry vision and eyesight problems...it's a real bummer when my eyes quit working on me in the middle of a fight...," replies the red-bearded dwarf to the dagger-happy woman, his eyes rapidly blinking away tiny tears that are obviously fogging up his vision.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 10 posts
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 04:40
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The talk about eyesight problems was beginning to worry Darkshadow a bit. Not only would have to depend on these people, but what made it worse was the employer was right in front of them. Clearly these two have seen better days, but no sense in making that known to those that had yet seen them in action. Still, in order not to stick out to much the monk decided to join in the conversations, less his silence became noticed.

"Perhaps you can find a more powerful priestess some day."
Sonida
 player, 37 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 08:57
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
I doubt anything short of direct divine intervention could do that, and I've never quite felt like being the pet of some diety. And, of course, even with the eye, I'm still better than most everybody, If you'd like a demonstration I can entertain the tavern. She raises an eyebrow above her slightly wider grin.
DM Wolf
 GM, 20 posts
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 09:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
After hearing of all this he finally gets tired of hearinbgnabout different things. Well then I guess you'll meet me here in about let's say five hours. He looks at the people in the4 office. He begins to wonder is this the people he needs. Had he made the correct choice by letting them try and save his daughter. Only time will show.
Sonida
 player, 38 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 09:47
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida nods her head to her employer, flashig him a sympathetic smile, I repeat, if it is within my power to make your daughter safe, it's as good as done, and I'm the least moraled here. she draws a dagger in a smooth motion, setting it against he forehead and dipping it in salute, Five hours, sir... I don't believe you introduced yourself.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 13 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 21:01
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Of course you did, Master Dasarath; and word has gone out as well that Elebra the Sembian is also hiring folk - will be have to compete against another group, or is your word enough that we are all working for the same goal?  And...before you go, will you allow us to either keep the map you have here [OCC: on the back of the painting, right?  Or did Maximus already pull it down?] or make a copy?"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:03, Tue 10 July 2007.

Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 11 posts
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 21:38
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow bows to the man. His name wasn't important, nor was his look of doubt which was more then understandable.

The monk waited for him to reply to Sonida before addressing her himself,

"You can prove your skills in combat. A living, threatening target is always much harder to hit then any wooden one."

Darkshadow was beinging to doubt the young girls skills. After all, those that boasted the loudest always seemed to be most lacking.
Sonida
 player, 39 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 21:57
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
While it is a less than optimal test of skill, It is a test of skill, and it's more for our employer's benefit than yours, and I doubt anyone wishes to volunteer to be a target. her smile falters slightly as she realizes that her big mouth is causing doubts about her.
DM Wolf
 GM, 21 posts
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 23:29
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Dasarath looks strange at Sonida and replys after Girdas words. Well let's hope you can solve the mysterie better then you can remember names. As for my name it seems your companions already remembers he points at Girda. He then turns his attention back to Girda as she ask for the map. Well I guess you could have a map, but I think people would look strange at you when you walk with a one and a half meter wide painting and a map at once. Well that and the fact that it should not be here is another point. I'll gives you this and It will have to do. He opens one of the drawers and pull out a quill. He opens it and you can see that it's a complete maåp with names of streets and that's it. No fancy sewers map to find on it.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 14 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 23:35
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"We thank you for this.  I wonder, though, if you'd mind that I or perhaps you, Maximus, would make some marks on our map of the sewer system.  I know it might not be useful, but I always like to be as prepared as I can be..."
Sonida
 player, 40 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 23:47
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Making a rough copy of the sewer map on there is a good idea, maybe charcoal sticks would be a better idea than ink, in case you make a mistake.
Maximus
 player, 17 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Wed 11 Jul 2007
at 05:49
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Fine, fine...just give me a moment," taking off his shoulder pack, Maximus searches through its contents and pulls forth a vial ink and a pen.  Taking the original map and the rough drawing that had been given to them, Max quickly outlines the sewer system and fixes up the map for better understanding.  "There that should do it then," holding up the map for a better look and nodding an approval at his work.  "OK, I believe we are now all set and the terms of our agreement are finished - we'll be back in five hours with the task completed," he hoped.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 12 posts
Wed 11 Jul 2007
at 06:38
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow returns Girda's look with a very slight nod while Sonida isn't looking. At least one person here was on the same level as he was.

There was little more to discuss and like he had planned the group was doing a fine job of dealing with the map. He had yet to see it himself, but there was little need for that right now.

Seeing as this meeting was finished, Darkshadow got up from his seat and waited for the others to do the same so they could leave. They had done enough to shake the confidence of their employer, the less time they spent here the better.
Nummy
 player, 9 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Wed 11 Jul 2007
at 07:40
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"A group, a map, a purpose, let's go," said Nummy as he got up, nodded at their new employer, and headed for the door without saying another word.  He was ready to go...there was a girl to save and possibly creatures to kill-at least a mystery to solve, and none of it could be done standing around talking.

Besides, he had grown bored with the boasting and subsequent retorts by some of his companions.  None of these folks had the power that he did, and he was ready to prove it to them by his actions.  ~One day they shall all see,~ he thought.  ~They will know that I am great, and I shan't have to say a word to teach them.~
Sonida
 player, 41 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Wed 11 Jul 2007
at 09:18
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida steps out of the room after Nummy.
Maximus
 player, 18 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Wed 11 Jul 2007
at 15:17
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Packing his things back up, Maximus nods to their new employer and heads out the door as well.
DM Wolf
 GM, 22 posts
Wed 11 Jul 2007
at 22:56
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Dasarath shakes his head. he takes a few breats and interups befor the first one really could open the door he starts to speak. Would none of you pay attention to my words he spoke woth a harch and angered voice. Not in the chance to repeat myself. In five hours it will be night. The stupid and incompitent  council elders will not let any in befor nightfall, wich should be in around five hours from now. It's guarded by the city watch and none can enter. that is where I come in and our little meeting in about five hours. I'll take you in and the guards will let you go inside and help my daughter. You need me to get you in. So i'll see you in five hours and we'll go to the Opera house and the you may hopefully help my daughter. Is everything clear now.
Sonida
 player, 42 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Wed 11 Jul 2007
at 23:02
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida elbows Maximus in the side, I apoligize that I missed my comerades idiocy, I think I speak for most of us that we got the idea quite clearly. She steps out of the room, dragging Maximus by the shirt, she gets him a few feet from the door and out of sight from their employer before shispering sharply A wizard?!?! aren't you sposed t'be a wizard? Like, smart?!
Maximus
 player, 19 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Thu 12 Jul 2007
at 05:56
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Knocking her hand away with his staff and moving back a bit from Sonida, Maximus contemplates whether or not he shouldn’t blast her right now.  ”My dear, do not ever touch me again or speak to me in such away.”   A bit more composed then before, Maximus eyes still show a bit of anger, ”As for being smart, I would think that it would be best to check the location before we decide to enter.  Being a bit of sneak, I thought that would come easy to you, but then again judging by your scars you haven’t met much success, so using your head for anything else then stopping a physical assault would be asking too much.  There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity,” shaking his head and laughing inwardly at Sonida.

”Now if you don’t mind, I think I will go and find the dwarf, he seems to have at least some common sense.”  Turning slightly from Sonida, but keeping her in sight, Maximus continues to walk out of the inn and prepares a spell at the off chance she makes some move towards him again.
Sonida
 player, 43 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Thu 12 Jul 2007
at 08:43
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As he steps away, a shocked looking Sonida manages th choke out a soft sob If I'm assaulting you, you'll know it. She contemplates his back as he walks out the door, then sighs and hurries after him. She pauses a few yards behind him, looking at his back for a second, then catches up. When he's close enough to hear, she says sheepishly, I'm sorry.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 13 posts
Thu 12 Jul 2007
at 09:35
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The monk respectfully bows to their employer and speak in a calm voice,

"I believe emotions are high for you and some of my comrades, so this must simply a misunderstanding. Like the others I wish to go to the building during daylight hours. Many things could happen and we would be poorly serving you if we did not at least check them out. In all likely hood you are quite correct and we are wasting our time, but then whatever we would have done with the next five hours would have been a waste."

Giving a glance towards Sonida and Maximus he continues,

"If our appearant lack of common manners and civility bothers you, I understand fully and appoligize; however, keep in mind you are not paying us to be prim and proper. You are paying us to do something that will probably involve fighting, sneaking, and other acts of questionable civility... Do you have any more questions or requests for us before we leave?"

Darkshadow glanced at Girda to see if she had anything to add. She appeared to be the only one besides himself that knew how to talk in a polite and well thoughtout manner. Helm wasn't his patron god, but he was quickly learning his clerics were worth his respect.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 15 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Thu 12 Jul 2007
at 11:41
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Girda watches some of her companions go, but does not move a inch from where she has stood, stock-still, since she suggested that Maximus copy the map.  Girda gave Dasarath a small bow.  "MY new companion speaks truly.  Emotions are high, and while our day will be long with waiting until you can lead us thither; our night may be long with peril.  Facing the End, everyman feels apprehension, though some are better able to deal with it.  I, too, would see this building, and get a sense of it.  Then I will wait in prayer for the appointed time.

Master Dasarath, you would like to meet here in five hours time, when the night bells ring?"
Maximus
 player, 20 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Thu 12 Jul 2007
at 16:31
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida's apology gives Maximus a pause before continuing, " Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were.  The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.  You are forgiven, but I have a long memory."

Waiting for the others to regroup outside, Maximus pulls out the map, "we have a bit of work to do before we enter the establishment tonight.  The sewers may contain a point of passage to and from this place for our villains and I’d like get a general layout of the grounds before we enter tonight.  I think maybe we should check out the grounds first, unless anyone has any other suggestions?"
Sonida
 player, 44 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Thu 12 Jul 2007
at 21:50
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
They say it's haunted, so we should plan for ghosts. I'm useless against anything spirity unless there's something you could do to make my knives hurt it, and not that good then, any ghost-smashing would be better left to the dwarf. There's also the chance that the haunting is just a front, so we should be prepared for that, so any spels you ready need be useful in either case. She becomes easily distracted from the resolved fight as he starts off the planning. She begins going through possibilities and contingencies like she lives and breathes them. It's obvious that this is what she is good at.
Maximus
 player, 21 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Fri 13 Jul 2007
at 05:12
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
With one raised eyebrow, Maximus listens to Sonida and nods a bit, "I am ready to battle living or dead, my spells will burn both if need be..."

"We should get a look at the place soon, but we all shouldn't go gallivanting around together.  Maybe a more subtle approach would be best first," looking to Sonida and then Fredrick.

OCC – Is there an entrance to the sewers close to the opera house on the map?
Sonida
 player, 45 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 13 Jul 2007
at 08:34
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Each of us doing a separate reconissanse would be good, we just have to make sure that we don't look too interested in the place. If we can do that in less than five hours, it would probably be a good idea to get some sleep for the rest of it, this is likely to be an all nighter.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 16 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Fri 13 Jul 2007
at 10:59
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Girda comes up with Darkshadow at the end of conversation.  You might wonder if the frown is part of the Order, or it's there naturally.  You might not, also.  It's going to be a big day.

"If the place is guarded, then it's probable that many go to look at it, or that it's in a well-trafficed location.  It is an Opera House, so one could guess that it'll be someplace where many could go easily and would want to do so; probably a nice area of town. Therefore, I would rather go with others rather than alone, for one's discovery revealed may lead to another's.

Regardless, I would like to see the place; and I would like to get a sense of where some of these sewer tunnels come up; and what temples or shrines are near; in case the undying are overpowering.  Then I would rest, and perhaps acquire some additional elements before we enter."
DM Wolf
 GM, 23 posts
Fri 13 Jul 2007
at 11:34
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Dasarath is taken by the words of Fredrick. I know what I'm paying you for, But one of those things are to pay attention to what I'm saying. I don't care if you where as unpolite and well mannered as a orc as long as you can get the job done and pay attaention so that you don't do anything tht could endanger the mission. As for the opera house it's right near the City Hall in the senter of town. It's also a marked nearby and it's close to the rich peoples homes. With that I beg that you leave and make whatever preperations that you feel necessary.

OCC:
Map over the sewers.

well there is one about 50 ft from the opera house in West, North, South and East. All are 50 ft away. or atleast around that number you figure out after looking at the map.
Maximus
 player, 22 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Fri 13 Jul 2007
at 16:14
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"OK, so a couple of the more stealthy people here can check out the outer rim of the opera house - possibility Sondia and Fredrick.  The rest of us will explore some of the sewer lines leading up to the opera house.  We should meet back up at the Inn again in about four hours to discuss what we've seen and I'm sure some of who is sewer delving could use a bath."
Sonida
 player, 46 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 13 Jul 2007
at 21:42
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
May I suggest that, instead of sending the sneaky ones to check out the opera house, send those who look like they belong in that part of town to where they will attract less attention, and send sneaky ones into the sewers, as I don't think the city is too keen on having people lurking in it's sewers.

She looks over at the city-map, trying to figure out what part of town the opera house is in. (cue DM)
Girda, of Helm
 player, 17 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Fri 13 Jul 2007
at 23:26
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
GIrda nods.  "I will examine the perimeter, on the surface.  Maximus, I request that you come with me."
Sonida
 player, 47 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 13 Jul 2007
at 23:29
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida grins, still looking at the map. You just don't want to get dirty.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 18 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 00:11
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Girda smiles "I've been dirty before, sister.  It's only fun the first few times.  Besides, who'll walk the outside?  I bet it's a beautiful building."
Sonida
 player, 48 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 02:05
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Dirty is only fun when it doesn't smell.
Maximus
 player, 23 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 05:11
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Sounds like we have a plan then, let's get going so that we can meet back at the inn to put together what we're found out."
Sonida
 player, 49 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 08:37
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
One question, I know you wizards have a way of cleaning things off, have one of those ready? I really don't want to be covered in sewage any longer than necessary.
Nummy
 player, 10 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 09:41
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Your bleary-eyed dwarf companion turns to everyone who has followed and are making plans, and simply states, "Dirty sewers don't bother me-I have enough soap for an extra bath besides my monthly ones...and if there's anything lurking down there, I'm in the mood to kill...it will help the time fly by faster."  Nummy waits to see who will be joining him in investigating any sewer lines which may be available, swatting a large strange bug on his arm, then picking it up to squeeze out its juices before flicking it away.
DM Wolf
 GM, 24 posts
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 13:02
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Many heads turn at the word of murderous rage of the dwarf and some move there hands closer to there trusted weapons. Atleast 15 people seems ready to cut the dwarf down if he should feel the urge to try and kill something. The Innkeeper walks over to the groupe and look strangly at the dwarf and says You may very well feel the need to kill something, but not at my place and please take a bath. The flies seem to attracted by you. A couple of flies are bussying over the dwarfes head. some of the people seems to be holding for the noses. The innkeepers continues talking after a few seconeds of silents. I hope everything went okey with you young master and lady. I wish you the best of luck. You are going to need it befor the day ends. With that he walks away and returnj to his guest.

OCC:
The opera house will be near the City Hall and the rich peoples districet. the closes marked is not to far away, but one would expect to find many of the towns finer shops and people close by with there bodyguards.
Sonida
 player, 50 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 15:09
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
I try to do my best to minimize loss of life. Everyone you kill is a person, with a life and friends. Even if they're not a good person, that just raises the probability that their friends would be willing to return the favor, she whispers to nummy as the barkeep turns away, she then says, louder, Where would the nearest place to get a hot bath for the dwarf be?
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 14 posts
Sun 15 Jul 2007
at 03:25
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Yet again Darkshadow sees the complete lack of social graces by his comrades. This time he simply remains ready to see if someone that doesn't care for dwarfs decides to take advantage of this.

Seeing as how this was getting them no where he looks over to Nummy and speaks softly so as others can not overhear,

"My good dwarf, I believe this is a time for stealth. Your time will come, but for now let me and Sonida go it alone."

As long as the dwarf agress Darkshadow goes up to Sonida and again speaks softly so as the others will not overhear,

"Shall we go?"


If she agrees Darkshadow will make his way towards the sewer entrance, but will wait to enter any of them until he has seen them all.
Maximus
 player, 24 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sun 15 Jul 2007
at 04:09
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida:
One question, I know you wizards have a way of cleaning things off, have one of those ready? I really don't want to be covered in sewage any longer than necessary.


"Hmmm, let me see...I think I have a flask of Alchemist's fire or would you prefer a flask of acid.  Either one will clean off pretty much anything on you and I guarantee that sewage will no longer be your problem," he says with a bit of a chuckle.  Turning to Girda, "well my dear, shall we..." indicating that they be underway for their walk around of the complex.
Sonida
 player, 54 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 15 Jul 2007
at 07:08
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
I do believe I could grow to hate you Maximus. she says with a similar chuckle, though an octave higher, Make sure the dwarf doesn't call attention to himself up there, if he can't be quiet, use him as a distraction, just make sure he doesn't get himself arrested.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 23 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Sun 15 Jul 2007
at 11:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Girda smiles wryly.  "Nummy, the Opera House in broad daylight might not be the best place for you.  We won't be gone long.  If you prefer, you could make sure your axe was well sharpened, and that we had a set of supplies suitable for working in the dark, and quite possibly, undrground.  There is _no one better_" she says with the quiet confidence that comes with complete faith "No one better than you to make sure that we have what we need.  I ask you do to that."
Sonida
 player, 55 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 15 Jul 2007
at 21:28
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
and be sure to get something for those of us who can't see in the dark

This message was last edited by the player at 00:39, Tue 17 July 2007.

Sonida
 player, 56 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 17 Jul 2007
at 00:42
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida rummages through her pack and hands a bundle, a cloak and a wollen shirt, to maximus, Hold these, I want something clean when I get out of the sewers. she reshoulders her pack, then turns to the rest again, We've got four hours, let's get going.
Nummy
 player, 11 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Tue 17 Jul 2007
at 02:53
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Nummy says gruffly, "Who needs a bath?  I haven't been in the sewers yet!"  He then says, "Well it appears that I'm off to look for supplies for the rest of you who didn't come prepared like me.  I'll be grabbing some sunrods for you who can't see in the dark if I can find any...any other requests before I go?  I hope to get paid for whatever I spend mind you!  And if you expect me to buy lots o' stuff, I expect payment in advance."  After all orders have been placed, the dwarf heads out looking for the nearest equipment shop.  He has enough money to buy three sunrods unless he needs to buy other things as well.  ~Why can't other folks do their own shopping?  Geesh...leave it to the dwarf to do their menial chores...,~ he thinks as he looks for the needed items.
Maximus
 player, 26 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Tue 17 Jul 2007
at 04:56
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus stuffs Sonida's belonging into his pack, "Ahh, a light source you say.  Well I think that I have a solution for that," Maximus pulls off a cloth that was covering the top of his staff and a flame, equivalent in brightness to a torch, springs forth from his staff.  Then covering it back up with the cloth again Maximus leans over to the dwarf, "I won't be needing anything, thank-you."
Sonida
 player, 57 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 17 Jul 2007
at 08:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
I won't need much, one of those rods will do.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 24 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Tue 17 Jul 2007
at 09:35
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"I have one healing kit...it might be that another was a good idea."
Nummy
 player, 12 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Tue 17 Jul 2007
at 10:42
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Nummy tells Girda, "I'll be needing 50 GP from ya if ya want a healer's kit...I'm kinda broke right now."
Girda, of Helm
 player, 27 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Wed 18 Jul 2007
at 00:23
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"I have just enough."  she smiles and carefully counts out the 50.  "Remember to thank Helm for his generosity should you have need of it, though I pray we don't."
DM Wolf
 GM, 26 posts
Thu 19 Jul 2007
at 02:46
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
After making there discussions the party moves on. Girda, of Helm and the wizard Maximus leaves for the street tour of the Opera House while underneath their feet's the two more stealthy creatures stalk the sewers and enjoy the deliciouses aroma of a wast amount of sewage. Out of the shadow there is no other then the agile and stealthy Sonida looking trough the sewers. Luckily she does not have to walk in sewage any higher then to her ankles and the mysterious monk Fredrick. They search both high and low trough the wast network that is the sewers. Not to far away the way the birds fly the trusted warrior called Nummy makes his way to the merchants and get the supplies for the party. He is the first to return from his quest for items the others needs. He enters the inn after around a 45 minute tour because of many people in the street and stores he visits. One suspicious looking halfling tries to sell him a watch dog that seems to have been very old saying "He might look old, but he makes up for that with experience."

Girda of Helm and Maximus the wizard are having a look at the surroundings around the  Opera House. They notice that the entrance to the sewers are well lighted with two powerful lamps burning(well would most likely in the night time). The Opera House is the seconded largest building around, only to be dwarfed by the share size of the City Hall that also holds the courts of the Town. The Opera House is a at least 5 floors  high and holds many windows made of colored glass that would most likely make a nice picture on the inside. The area and entrances are well guarded with at least 3 guards patrolling the area and 2 guards at both the entrances.

Meanwhile in the sewers the others are very unsuccessfully finds nothing but that the sewers holds some rusty coins and child toys. Well that and a large number of rats.  Two times the two people inside the sewers hears something move behind them, but never sees anything. There are no patrols down here and not to many people there as well. They do not see anything other then nice masonry. There are a wast numbers of cross linking sewers that would have served nicely if ever going to try and lose someone that was following.

Slowly they return once more to the Inn. Nummy sits waiting the longest time, but not to long after a hours has passed he is joined by Girda, of Helm and Maximus the wizard. Around 1 hour after the two others joined Nummy in the inn they are again able to see there entire party being assembled with the return of the smelly form of Sonida and Fredrick right out of the sewers. Most people try to avoid them on there way out and as the Innkeeper passes he stops only to say a few well made words "You two might need a bath or else I trust you can find the way out. You are making my guest feeling quite disgusted." and then he walks of again serving more people ale and wine.
Nummy
 player, 13 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Thu 19 Jul 2007
at 04:00
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Upon the return of the others, Nummy tells them about the halfling who tried to sell him the dog.  "If any of you are interested in buying him, just let me know.  I almost bought him myself just to make sure he would be well taken care of, but I decided not to as our current mission may be hampered by such an animal.  However, he could prove useful...I'm sure I can find the halfling and the old mutt again if any of you decide you want it."

When he smells those who came out of the sewers, he says, "Now even I can say you smell awful, and I haven't had a bath in weeks.  Look-even the flies are leaving me alone to swarm around you!"  The dwarf hacks and coughs and puts his arm across his nose to block the putrid smell.

He then rummages through his backpack and retrieves Girdas Healer's Kit, handing it to the Priest of Helm.  He then takes out a gives to Sonida a Sunrod, winking at her and saying, "It's on me sweetheart...you may find the chance to return a favor to me someday should I need your help...or maybe just your company."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:05, Thu 19 July 2007.

Maximus
 player, 28 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Thu 19 Jul 2007
at 04:47
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus sits down at the table and orders another herbal tea from the innkeeper.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 17 posts
Thu 19 Jul 2007
at 06:33
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick isn't pleased with attracting so much attention with his smell, but to do anything about it now would prove to be futile. There was a strong chance they would be going back in the sewers before long, but that couldn't excuse him from ruining the other's meals. As the bartender makes his little comment the monk quickly replies,

"I will heed that suggestion once my duties are completed. Until then I'll leave your tavern in piece."

He looked at his comrades,

"If you need me I'll be in the stables meditating on our upcoming problem. We found little of use down there, but there could be something alive that may be a threat."

As he left he gave Nammy a harsh glare. Normally he would let it go, but his boorish behavior towards himself and the additional comment to Sonida annoyed the monk.

"It must be that noise of yours, seeing as it is so much closer to the ground."

Not waiting for what was sure to be an angry reply he allowed the dwarf to talk to his back if he wished. Plus, he knew no self respecting dwarf would strike a man in the back.
Sonida
 player, 64 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Thu 19 Jul 2007
at 09:01
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida tucks the rod into her pack, chuckling at the dwarf's suggestion, Not much down there but rats, though I wouldn't clear it as safe. Now,  I'm going to follow the innkeeper's instructions and get a bath. she retrieves the shirt and cloak from Maximus then gets a room with a washtub from the innkeeper and disappears upstairs. After five or so minutes, she comes back down, the heavy wollen shirt hanging off her frame, and the light pair of pants that were under her armor clinging wetly to her legs. She has wrapped her cloak around her shouolders tightly, shivering slightly. She walks to the table, brushing a damp clump of hair out of her eyes, Cold bathwater she says with a shiver. She reaches into a cloak pocket, drawing out a pair of gold goins and sliding them across the table to Nummy, It may be boring, but guard work pays.

With that she walks outside to the stables, yelling in to Fredrick, There's a room upstairs with a tub in it, put my boots back in to soak when you're done. She returns to the tavern, sitting down and brushing the dirt off her bare feet. She tosses tucks the errant strand of hair behind her ear this time, then asks, How did yours go?

This message was last edited by the player at 09:04, Thu 19 July 2007.

Girda, of Helm
 player, 30 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Thu 19 Jul 2007
at 09:58
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Once confirming that there was nothing of critical importance, Girda excused herself - she needed to pray; the spells she had ready were not the ones she though might be needed; guidance would be saught.

On her departure, she asks if there is a temple to Helm near; if there isn't, then maybe there is one of Torm nearby where she could take sanctuary until the appointed hour?
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 18 posts
Mon 23 Jul 2007
at 00:10
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Either Fredrick didn't hear Sonida, or he is simply ignoring her. He does not come in when she calls, nor does he even reply.
Sonida
 player, 66 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Mon 23 Jul 2007
at 00:24
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida isn't at all phased by Fredrick ignoring her, she was just letting him know a bath was available if he desired.
DM Wolf
 GM, 28 posts
Wed 25 Jul 2007
at 20:06
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
After an hour had past and maybe a few minuets after there employer stepped trough not the front door, but the office door and signed for you to follow and then he walked out the front door and headed towards the Opera House. He walked in a quick pace and seemed to always walk at least 10 feet in front of the rest. he sometimes throws his head around to check that everyone is following and not falling behind. As they make a final turn the Opera House starts to fill more and more of there view. Dasarath started talking as you first saw the House. One main Opera Hall and two smaller ones. As you can see there are a lot of space to search trough so I would suggest that you start now and move quickly. There is not much time. He then faced the guards. He spoke in a voice full of confidence and authority. These people work for me and the city. You shall let them pass and do what they are paid to do. The guards saluted and removed there halberds from the door. They opened the door and all you could see was a deserted entrance hall. Dasarath walked as quickly as he had over there away from the building leaving you with the guards.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 31 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Thu 26 Jul 2007
at 02:16
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Dasarath, I thank you, and Helm thanks you for the opportunity to do good here and now.  Do not worry.  Instead, pray."

With these short words, Girda enters...
Nummy
 player, 14 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Thu 26 Jul 2007
at 04:08
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Nummy steps in next, over-eager in wanting to get a look at this place.  He stands in the foyer and admires the architecture, art, and decor.  ~If only I could afford to hang with folks who frequent classy joints like this...perhaps one day soon...,~ he thinks.
Maximus
 player, 29 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Thu 26 Jul 2007
at 05:19
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus enters after next using his staff as to aid him although it was just for show.  Looking around Max keeps an eye peeled for anything unusual.

01:18, Today: Maximus rolled 22 using 1d20+4. search.
01:18, Today: Maximus rolled 5 using 1d20+1. listen.
01:18, Today: Maximus rolled 19 using 1d20+1. spot.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 19 posts
Thu 26 Jul 2007
at 05:54
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow pauses at the entrace, makes a sign with his hands, and mutters a few words to himself before entering the hall. The sign and words seemed religious in nature. He was the last to enter, taking up a rear guard position.
Sonida
 player, 67 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Thu 26 Jul 2007
at 07:55
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida steps in, looking around and alert for danger.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 32 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Fri 27 Jul 2007
at 01:27
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Who among us will carry the light?  I will, if need be, though I would rather rely on my shield."
Nummy
 player, 15 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Fri 27 Jul 2007
at 03:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
OOC:  Here are my rolls I forgot to add to the last post; remember that Nummy has Stonecunning (gets a +2 to notice unusual stonework and can auto check if within 10 ft. without even searching)...if there is anything to be found.

22:25, Today: Nummy rolled 3 using 1d20. Search.
22:24, Today: Nummy rolled 14 using 1d20+1. Spot.
22:24, Today: Nummy rolled 21 using 1d20+1. Listen.
*****************************************************
"I do not wish to hold yon sunrod, as my magic shield's protection is much more important than light to my Dwarven eyes, blurry though they may get sometimes," the fighter responds to the Priest of Helm.  "But if need be, I will hold it...just be prepared that if a fight breaks out, I'll drop it on the ground ready to defend myself."
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 20 posts
Fri 27 Jul 2007
at 05:22
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Richard silently pulls out his magical torch, and pulls off the black cloth covering it.

"I'll keep an eye on the rear with this."

Richard will do just that, making sure nothing came from behind without him noticing.
Maximus
 player, 30 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Fri 27 Jul 2007
at 05:24
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus smiles a bit at the others and reaches up to a cloth that has been covering the tip of his staff and removes it.  In a blink a flame spurts forth lighting up the area a torch would, "I'll handle the light source..."
Sonida
 player, 68 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 27 Jul 2007
at 08:45
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida sticks her sunrod in her belt, ready for use if it is needed, but not taking up a hand. She takes out one of her normal daggers, keeping it ready to throw.

So, me and Nummy in the front, Maximus and girda behind, and Fredrick in the back?
DM Wolf
 GM, 29 posts
Fri 27 Jul 2007
at 16:16
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As the party is discussing who will be where it happens. From the left hall child laughter is heard. Before anyone can react fires burst out everywhere as the child laughter comes closer. it comes slowly and the doors goes suddenly and very forcefully    shut. Not long after that the doors into the other corridors closes. As the small child laughter is heard you can clearly see some form of a young humanoid at least walking inside the fires. You feel the heat from the fire come closer and closer before suddenly it all turns black.
Sonida
 player, 69 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 27 Jul 2007
at 21:24
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
PM:
Girda, of Helm
 player, 33 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Sat 28 Jul 2007
at 13:24
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
PM
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 21 posts
Sun 29 Jul 2007
at 07:01
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
P.M.
Maximus
 player, 31 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sun 29 Jul 2007
at 19:09
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
PM

This message was last edited by the player at 19:10, Sun 29 July 2007.

Nummy
 player, 17 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Sat 4 Aug 2007
at 03:27
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
PM
Girda, of Helm
 player, 40 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Tue 21 Aug 2007
at 01:36
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
PM
DM Wolf
 GM, 37 posts
Tue 4 Sep 2007
at 16:33
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus is the first to come back to his senses. As he gets up he sees all the others on the floor pale as new fallen snow. They don't seem to respond to anything and the sun is starting to shine again outside. The next to awaken is Fredrick. He seems shacky at first but quickly gets back to normal. Sonida is then the one next to wake up. AS she gets up she feels clearly that she fell quickly and hit her head. Girda is the last to wake up. Strangely the dwarf is not anywhere to bee seen. There is no sign of something happen here. Nothing seems to be out of place. All is like when you last looked around. The only thing is that it's lighter.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 26 posts
Tue 4 Sep 2007
at 22:00
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick doesn't stand up right away, instead he sits there cross-legged until the others awake. When everyone's awake,

"I take it we all had a rather strange dream... Did anyone see Nummy in their dreams?"

Fredrick is rather calm, doing his best to quell the horrible dream he had. Clearly there was a great evil at work here, but was the girl part of it or a victim of it.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 47 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Tue 4 Sep 2007
at 22:58
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Girda slowly gets up and with a somber air, brushes down her tabard.  "I did not see Nummy.  I did have a long and interesting chat with Lilly, though.  There is much to do here, but my guess is that little is as it seems."
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 27 posts
Wed 5 Sep 2007
at 03:35
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick nodded to Girda knowing full well there was a great deal here he did not understand yet,

"You wouldn't have seen a tomb in your dream would you?"
Maximus
 player, 35 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Wed 5 Sep 2007
at 05:44
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As the others awake they see Maximus leaning against his staff and standing guard over them like a great wyrm red dragon watching over his horde.  The top of Maximus’s staff was still ablaze, casting eerie shadows about the room as more bright rays start to pour in from outside.

In responds to Fredrick, “Aye, I did have tomb in my dream as well and a little ghost girl by the name of Lily,” he says with a raised eyebrow.
Sonida
 player, 82 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Wed 5 Sep 2007
at 09:05
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida pushes herself off the floor slowly, rubbing her forehead, Dream, lily, sounds about right.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 48 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Thu 6 Sep 2007
at 10:47
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Hmmm, with all of us having some facets of the same 'dream' would indicate that it was no dream.  The question is then whether we look above before heading below, or seek out a way down; if there is a tomb here, it is likely to be low..."
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 28 posts
Sat 8 Sep 2007
at 06:47
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick nods as it become clear what has been going on,

"I suggest we head low first, as a truly innocent young girl would not be able to fend for herself very long. By any chance did anyone see any signs on the tomb? I saw four, but I only knew the meaning of three of them."
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 30 posts
Mon 17 Sep 2007
at 23:34
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick shrugged at the silence, perhaps the others were still trying to get over the shock of their dreams or visions. His training had allowed him to shrug off such things, but then he was sure the others were more adapt in other areas.

"Let's head downward then."

Fredrick looks for stairs or any other method of getting to the lower levels of this cursed building.
Sonida
 player, 83 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Wed 19 Sep 2007
at 08:41
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida stands up shakily, but quickly regains her composure, striding off behind Fredrick.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:41, Wed 19 Sept 2007.

Maximus
 player, 37 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Thu 20 Sep 2007
at 11:39
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus nods to Fredericks word. Yes let's move down. before moving after the others his staff still ablaze, casting eerie shadows as they moved towards the stairs wherever they might be.
DM Wolf
 GM, 40 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Thu 20 Sep 2007
at 11:55
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
You spend a few minutes before finding a way down. AS you move down the stairs you feel that it's very cold. around the same as you experienced in the vivid dream you had. There are no light on down here, but some torches are hanging on the wall. The only light you got is the staff that Maximus is holding. You see that the path now breaks into three. A corridor to the left. One to the right and one straight a head. You hear footsteps moving around but can see none in the room. You also see  a few doors. there is a thick layer of dust on the floor and your footsteps are easily seen.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 31 posts
Thu 20 Sep 2007
at 19:52
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick takes his everburning torch and unwraps it, giving the group even more light to spot traps and other nasty things with. As he unwraps his torch he glances back to Sonida and whispers,

"You want to check the doors for traps and see if any of them have been used recently?"

Fredrick hoped that perhaps one or two were rusted over so that their choice would be easier.
Sonida
 player, 84 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Thu 20 Sep 2007
at 21:05
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida nods, and takes her time on the doors, not taking any chances, as there's no need for urgency.

(take 20, search 29, disable devices 31 if needed)
Maximus
 player, 38 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Fri 21 Sep 2007
at 05:24
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Seeing the unlit torches on the wall sconces, Maximus smiles a bit and raises his hand and wills part of his innate spell ability and shoots out a fiery ball of fire that ignites each of the torches as he gets within 30 feet of each unlit torch.   Maximus fires ball after ball of fire from his fingertips immensely enjoying the feeling of power coursing through is body.  Hungrily looking from something offensive to stand in his way, Max impatiently waits for Sonida to check for traps and signs of danger.

OOC - Using Fiery Burst Feat
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 32 posts
Fri 21 Sep 2007
at 06:13
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick raises an eyebrow a bit at Maximus' show of power. Not really wanting to risk makeing more noise then needed he giving a nod of approval at the spell caster before going back to watching over Sonida.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:14, Fri 21 Sept 2007.

DM Wolf
 GM, 41 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Sat 22 Sep 2007
at 12:51
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As the torches are lit  or at least some of the. The area lights up and Sonida has more then enough light to search for traps. If anyone where to be in the corridors you would be discovered because of the light in the normally dark corridors.
Sonida
 player, 85 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sat 22 Sep 2007
at 14:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida shrugs, Looks safe enough. pulls out one of her daggers, turns the doorknob, and kicks open the door.
DM Wolf
 GM, 42 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Sun 23 Sep 2007
at 19:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Inside the room there is not much. there are some furniture and a fireplace. The torches in this room is lit and give the room a good deal of light. In the middle of the room there is something special. On a pedestal there is a box. It is in rosewood paint and is about the size of a mans hands. Around the pedestal there is a red circle and there is many different signs around it.
Maximus
 player, 40 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Mon 24 Sep 2007
at 04:11
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Looking at the circle around the statue, Maximus's jaw clenches a bit, "those are arcane markings, perhaps some sort of ward keeping that box protected."
Sonida
 player, 86 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Mon 24 Sep 2007
at 10:01
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
I'm fine with mechanical traps, but anything on that is your department Maximus.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 33 posts
Mon 24 Sep 2007
at 23:01
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow will take a closer look at some of the signs, letting the others discuss traps and such. He was not very experienced in such things, but he might have some knowledge of the signs.
Maximus
 player, 41 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Tue 25 Sep 2007
at 04:43
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Walking around the parameter of the circle, Max begins to try and decipher the runes.

00:42, Today: Maximus rolled 27 using 1d20+11. Spellcraft.
00:41, Today: Maximus rolled 15 using 1d20+9. Decipher Script   

DM Wolf
 GM, 43 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Tue 25 Sep 2007
at 20:11
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus studies the markings for a few minutes. the room seems quiet and nothing happened or is sounded in the corridors. Sonida manage to spot a book that is in a chair. The book is dressed in black leather and has read writings on it. The letters form the words. The journal of Zebelsa

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:13, Tue 25 Sept 2007.

Maximus
 player, 42 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Wed 26 Sep 2007
at 05:31
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"The runes are not known to me," says Maximus with a raised eyebrow.
Sonida
 player, 87 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 30 Sep 2007
at 21:30
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
There was a box in the dream... more of a tomb, and bigger...
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 35 posts
Mon 1 Oct 2007
at 11:14
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow nods,

"Yes, there was a tomb in my dream as well. It seemed to frighten the girl quite a bit and was just about to open itself when I awoke. There is something evil in that box, or at least something very important to solving our problem. Why don't we leave it alone until we have a better idea of what's inside."

Fredrick looks around the room and whispers,

"I heard footsteps when we first came down, now I hear nothing..."
DM Wolf
 GM, 47 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Tue 2 Oct 2007
at 21:02
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Girda looks at the box. she had spent most of her time in the back of the group listening in on what the others where thinking. She looked hard at it and decided to try it. She crossed the line and nothing happened. She looked at Maximus. She then touched the box. The room fills in a bright light and you get blinded for a few moments until the light ends and the room is back to normal. Well almost. Girda is gone and a man, almost ghost like is standing outside the box. He smiles at you before speaking. His voice is like fingernails against a blackboard, Ah finally guests. I most warn you to not try to do what your friend did. As you can see it can have dire consequences for that person who touch the box. Now what are you doing down here. None has tried to touch the box in many years. Why did you?
Sonida
 player, 89 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 2 Oct 2007
at 21:05
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
I didn't touch it... but there's a little girl who got lost...
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 36 posts
Tue 2 Oct 2007
at 21:12
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick didn't object when Girda went to touch the box, but once she had he instantly regretted it lack of voice. At first he had a moment of great saddness, but he let it pass quickly. Now was not the time.

With a forced bow of respect towards the spector Darkshadow stepped forward, being careful not to cross what he assumed was a protective line.

"We were lead here by a vision and are in search of a young girl. If you would be so kind as to tell what has just happened to our comrade? I can not speak for her heart, but I did not sense any ill intention when she touched the box."

Darkshadow prepaired himself for the spector's responce, determined not to flinch at the sound of his voice.
DM Wolf
 GM, 48 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Fri 5 Oct 2007
at 22:10
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The man looked at Sonida with a curious look. What are you talking about. My question was not if you touch it. Why would I speak to you then. You would not be here if you touch the box. he shakes his head and seemed to largely ignore Sonida. Intentions are just as hard to read as a persons heart. As for your friend I do not know where she is, but I know she is far away from here. You still have not answeared why you are here and trying to touch the box wich I have made some effort into protect.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 37 posts
Sat 6 Oct 2007
at 05:00
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick glanced at Sonida just as he had when she had spoken out in front of their employer. Without a second thought he tries again to take change of the more refined part of adventuring,

"My apoligies, but seeing an ally disappear is rather difficult to deal with so quickly and calmly. As we said before, here in search of a lost girl. We are searching here because each of us had a vision which made it rather clear this room and perhaps that box has something to do with the diappearence of that little girl. In my vision that box was a tomb, and the little girl was clearly afraid of it. Perhaps you would have a better idea of why we were lead here."

Darkshadow slowly walked way from the rest of the group, leaving the specter a choice of who it would face and who he would expose his flank to.
Maximus
 player, 44 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 00:02
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Seeing Girda disappear bothered Maximus more then his expressions showed.  At first Max stood in silence as fear gripped him and then his fear turned to anger.  Max’s clenched, he tightened his grip on his staff and chest was heaving due to increased breathing.  How dare this happen, how dare this place consume a companion of his.  Maximus had a bad temper and one that was easily set off and whenever he felt threaten Max always fired first and asked question later.  With fires burning behind his eyes he silently cursed the being in front of him and almost by instinct raised his hand fired off a blazing ball of fire that exploded when it hit the ghostly image.

20:00, Today: Maximus rolled 6 using 2d6. fiery burst damage.
Sonida
 player, 90 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 03:35
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida backs up, standing right inside the door, ready to bolt, Idiot!
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 38 posts
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 09:40
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow backed away from the spector as he yelled at the mage,

"What are you doing?"

Truly this group was not the more professional type he had hoped to set himself up with. At least Sonida had nothing to do with this.

The monk found himself looking at the spector waiting to see what the reply would be. He took up a defensive stance, and knew at once where his loyality was,

"Spector it was not my intention to attack. I am here for the sake of the girl only."

The monk moved quickly to give the spector a free charge towards the mage if he so wished it. If the mage was going to be foolish enough to attack, then he had certainly be able to defend himself.

OOC: Full defensive for the round, plus making sure he has no AOO if the spector charges the mage.
Sonida
 player, 91 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 10:48
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
mine translates to a 5ft step and a readied action to run
DM Wolf
 GM, 49 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 12:01
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The fire balls go trough the image. One can easely see that it has not helped to make him more friendly. His voice gathers strength and his voice goes into your spine and your ear hurts while he speak. So terrible is his voice. You fool. How dare you enter and destroy my rest and attack me. He holds himself within the circle and the room starts to shake. You attack one of the guardians of Imshires Tomb. You fool. Had we not been here for so many years so many centuries this place would resemble the pits in the Abyss and the people enslaved under his rule. After the harsh words the room calms down and stop shaking. This girl you are speaking of. What has happened to her and where.
Sonida
 player, 93 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 12:11
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida seems to be trying very hard not to hyperventilate, and looks to Fredrick to explain, not wanting to both draw the image's attention nor risk angering it.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 40 posts
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 12:51
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow returns the look to Sonida,

"Perhaps it would be best if our dear mage takes a moment to relax."

The monk motioning for Sonida to deal with him as he turns his back to the pair.

Darkshadow returns to a more conversational distance to the spector, staying outside the circle, and gives a simple respectful bow. He relates the entire story of the girl in as much detail as he can muster. Everything from the details of the girl to their employer. This was not the time for tricks or half-truths as he was going to trust the spector and hoped for its help.
Maximus
 player, 45 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 13:39
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
His jaw still clenched Maximus stares at the spectre ready to unleash a spell if pushed any further.  Listening to the spectre rattle off his treats and insults Max stands ready while a bit of smirk crosses his face and a wild look in eye.
Sonida
 player, 94 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 20:12
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida steps next to maximus, visibly nervous to be this far into the room.
DM Wolf
 GM, 51 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 21:58
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The aging man nods and for a long time he thinks. A little girl laughter is heard. A little girl appear. She looks familiar. It takes a few seconds before it is clear. It's Lilly. She whispers into the older mans ear. He smile and says to her. Go my child. Play. Enjoy yourself. As quickly as she appeared she goes away and laughing. She smiles at you. As he sees your expression he smiles. My sister. She was one of the first. One of the first victims. I visited her in the past. I took it upon myself to make sure that it did not happen again. I became the first. She still walk the halls. Many little girls has been taken after we started. We are still fighting to contain the evil within. I am now locked away here. Guarding the box against all who seek it until it can be destroyed. Underneath our feets are a great dungeon in which he was kept for so many years. That was before they build this place. He tried to escape. Maybe you can help. We have searched for the heart. A spesial heart,. His heart. Inside here we got a special liquid. It should do the tricks for the spell. Make sure he does not harm anyone again. He was a powerful mage. Much more powerful then yours. He looks around. He looks at the fireplace. He waves his arm and a door is seen. It opens and behind it stands a elf and a human. They look just a shocked as you do. Inside that room you'll find a red marking. Press it and say. Med mitt blod skal du åpne. You will bleed a little as a needle goes into your flesh, but it should open the door. Return his heart to me and all should be well.
Maximus
 player, 47 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Mon 8 Oct 2007
at 02:41
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Turning quickly towards the door indicated by the spectre, Maximus nods towards the newcomers, “and who might you be?”
Erathiel
 player, 1 post
 HP 20/20 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Mon 8 Oct 2007
at 19:07
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Funny, I was just about to ask you the same thing," the leather-clad elven lady remarked with a raised eyebrow, and glanced over at the spectre, wondering just what was going on there.  "I am Erathiel, of Cormanthor, and this is Ayaleen.  Now, who are you, and what place is this?" she continued, and took a small step into the larger room.  At her hip, a sheathed longsword hung, her hand staying close to it for the moment.
Sonida
 player, 95 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Mon 8 Oct 2007
at 19:11
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida's hands stray towards her knives again, she responds warily, Sonida, Dragon Coast, and we are trying to figure that out.
Maximus
 player, 49 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Tue 9 Oct 2007
at 00:22
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Well it would seem that questions are flying all about and this rather kind spector has pointed us into this room after allowing our compainion to disappear into nothingness."  Maximus walks into the room indicated by the spirit and looks for the red marking.  "I am Maximus, Erathiel of Cormanthor and Ayaleen...ahhh there it is," as he walks up the the red marking and puts his hand on it, "Med mitt blod skal du åpne"
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 43 posts
Tue 9 Oct 2007
at 06:20
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow bow respectfully to the spector and quickly walked after Maximus not sure what the mage was going to do next.

As he walked past the elf he nodded politely,

"Introductions at a better time, call me monk for now."

What Darkshadow heard and saw the mage do made him shake his head. For a mage and one who was suppose to be intelligent he surly lacked common sense. First he wanted to blast the spector to pieces, now he is following the creature's demands.

Like before, Darkshadow decided to say nothing as the mage put his hand out and spoke words. He doubted the mage had any idea what they ment. For all he knew the mage just pledged his soul to the service of the dark powers. Blood was often used as a way to seal deals between dark powers. On the other hand, perhaps the mage was just stuck by a poisonious needle and would drop dead within the next few seconds. Either way, it was up to fate now.

Well at least Fredrick wouldn't have to be the one to get his hand stuck by a needle, not that he would have done so anyway.
DM Wolf
 GM, 52 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Wed 10 Oct 2007
at 12:17
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus used some time to find the red painted hand. It was covered by dust and a little hard to find. The two newcommers could have sworn by their gods that it had not been there a few moments before. The room was quiet. Very quiet indeed as the group gathered around the mage. As he touch the painted hand a voice is heard. Terrible and outright evil sounding. Hvem prøver å åpne mitt kammer. Hvem vil forstyrre min søvn. Maximus speaks the words the ghostly image said and five needles pierce into his fingertips. It takes a little while before blood starts to flow onto the stone. Nothing happens for a little while. Maximus  removes his hand and looks at the ghostly image. The old man that the image represents smiles. Then suddenly something. Red light starts to shine. It looks like a door and the small part of the wall where the light shines sinks into the floor. A dark corridor is seen stretching into the earth. It moves down it would seem, but the darkness prevents you from seeing to far down. You bravely enter the dark corridor. It lights up as the people with the magical torches enters. The corridor is made of stone. The floor is well made, but the walls a little more roughly made. The smell is that of air being trapped for many years, maybe even centuries. Who knows. It would be easy to find the way out anyway. Just follow the smell of fresh air. A great deal of dust covers the floor making your footprints very visible. It does not look  like anyone has been here for quite some time as you spot no footprints in front of you. As you walk only the sounds of your feet meeting the hard rock is heard echoing in the darkness. Minutes seems like hours in the cramp corridor which is roughly five feet wide.

It takes a long time to reach the end of the tunnel. It starts to widen so much that now two people can walk side by side. Then suddenly the tunnel stops. A great room opens and it's a long way down. You can not actually see the bottom with the light of the torches. There are two ways to choice. One that is going up and one that is going down. Running water is echoing trough the large cave so it seems to come from everywhere.
Ayaleen
 player, 2 posts
 Init +2, AC 15/15/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Wed 10 Oct 2007
at 14:09
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen simply nods, it seemed appropriate, yet she was surprised how warm and welcoming the people were of a priestess of Kossuth. Well, perhaps they just did not know her Lord but they would learn, eventually. The girl raised an eyebrow as the door slid open and the people walked through, then shrugged and joined the caravan of people.

Once they are in the room and there is finally some space, she unwraps the chain from her waist and brings it in a ready position. The weapon was swinging slightly from side to side when she waited for someone to make a decision.
Erathiel
 player, 4 posts
 HP 25/25 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Wed 10 Oct 2007
at 14:18
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"So, uhm. . .  what are we looking for, here?  Something about returning someone's heart to that ghost up there?" Erathiel asked while they were walking down the corridor, and it wasn't hard to tell that she longed for the surface again, for the sun, the moon, the stars and the wind.  Confined spaces like this was better suited for dwarves and gnomes, she felt, but she still went on, thinking it was best to stick with the others rather than making a break for it on her own.
Sonida
 player, 98 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Wed 10 Oct 2007
at 20:28
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida slows down to talk to the two newcomers as they walk. She extends her hand to shake, then asks, No clue what you're doing down here?
Ayaleen
 player, 3 posts
 Init +2, AC 15/15/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Wed 10 Oct 2007
at 22:00
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen smiles warmly at Sonida "No, but if my Lord sees it fit for me to be here, I am positive I shall do his will. In this case, burn out the evil root." there was a fire in her eyes that left no doubt that she was serious about her words.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 46 posts
Thu 11 Oct 2007
at 07:49
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow was busy looking for trouble up ahead and take a moment to think. He had taken a place towards the front of the group and let the others talk while he watched and listened. It isn't until Erathiel's question that the monk speaks up the entire time keeping his eyes looking forward for danger,

"We are looking for a solution to a child's problem. She is sick and something inside here caused it. When we entered, we all had a vision, in which a girl appeared and brought us to a tomb like box. That vision lead us to the spector and the same girl appeared there. Now, the spector has us hunting for a heart of some evil mage, which probably caused this whole thing. The big question is, once we find the heart what are we going to do with it?"

He pauses on that question and turns around staring straight at the new comers,

"The next question has to do with you two. We find both of you behind a door the spector opens. You seem to have no idea where you are, or how you got there. I mean no disrespect, but to trust someone blindly is a foolish. So perhaps you can explain why exactly you two are here and why we should keep you around at all."

The monk has a hard look on his face as if he is judging the new comers on their every move.
Erathiel
 player, 6 posts
 HP 25/25 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Thu 11 Oct 2007
at 08:08
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"The last I remember, I was arriving by ship in Westgate, headed south from Sembia.  After that, it's just a hazy blur - until I woke up next to a total stranger, that is.  Now, if you'd rather go on by yourselves, then that is fine by me - just point me in the direction of the nearest exit from this place first, and I'll be on my way," Erathiel answered, and shrugged.  If these people were who they said they were, and were there for the reason they said they were, she wouldn't really object to following them - healing a sick child was a noble cause, after all.  But, for all she knew, they were simple treasure hunters, or even worse. . .
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 47 posts
Sat 13 Oct 2007
at 09:14
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow glanced at the others in his party to see their reactions, and then back to Ayaleen as he waited for her answer.

As he waited the monk tried to remember back to when this all began, but he didn't waste to much thought on it...
Ayaleen
 player, 7 posts
 Init +2, AC 15/15/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Sat 13 Oct 2007
at 11:27
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen returned the monk's stare and crossed her arms before her chest "No, I can't explain." was all she said in a soft tone that implied she just could not say what had happened. "Which leaves the child's problem and a mage's heart to find, that is what ought to concern our minds now." She gave them all a gentle smile.
Maximus
 player, 51 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sat 13 Oct 2007
at 21:39
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Looking at the new campaigns and with a raised eyebrow Maximus watches as Fredrick interacts with them and then as if bored by the conversation walks around them and looks at the tunnel leading down.  Using his the magical flame on the tip of his staff, Max looks down the tunnel and tries to see as far ahead as he can.  Annoyed that he can’t see anything he begins to cast a spell and as magical energy surrounds him he begins to smile a bit – clearly enjoying the feeling of the magical energy.  Then he raises his hands again and casts yet another spell, this time 4 globes of magical light spring forth at the edge of your light source and start making their way down the tunnel illuminating the passageway ahead, “ah there we go, much better.” Turning to the others wearing an amused grin, “shall we?”


OOC – Casts Mage Armor and then Dancing lights.
DM Wolf
 GM, 56 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Sun 14 Oct 2007
at 00:03
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The four glowing balls light up a massive chamber of some sorts it would seem. The walls are mostly roughly cut, but again the floor is well made. The chambers room is huge in size and you can't see the roof when the light are near you. As they descend you notice that the way down is going to be long. it's hard to sat just go far it would be down You can not see the end, but you notice that the little road(one person wide) comes closer and closer the longer down the light shine.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 48 posts
Sun 14 Oct 2007
at 07:38
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Grand, no explanation and it didn't appear to bother either of his two comrades. The mage was obviously a bit foolish, but if Sonida trusted them that perhaps he should as well. Being outside the monistary was definatly going to get some getting used to.

"Well then ladies, seeing as my comrades has no problems with you I would be honored if you joined us. My name is Fredrick Darkshadow."

The monk gave a polite bow and then went back to leading the group further into the chamber. He had every intention of continuing downward depsite the narrowing walkway.
Sonida
 player, 103 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 14 Oct 2007
at 16:05
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida picks her way down the walkway as carefully as she can, pressing closer to the wall as the walkway narrows.
Ayaleen
 player, 8 posts
 Init +2, AC 15/15/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Sun 14 Oct 2007
at 20:52
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen shrugged and simply followed along, her feet narily making a sound.
DM Wolf
 GM, 57 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Sun 21 Oct 2007
at 13:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As the group starts to make their way down into the darkness. Maximus small balls of light moves longer and longer down until you finally can see the floor. It seems to be a tunnel moving a little downwards straight ahead of you. There are no furniture and the bitter smell of rotted flesh is to be smelled. As you go down the tunnel there is no wonder why the smell is there. A person is laying there his death must have occured many days ago now. the persons cloaths are that of a merchant and not a adventurer if one where to guess. A staff is still in the persons grasp.
Ayaleen
 player, 9 posts
 Init +2, AC 15/15/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Mon 22 Oct 2007
at 14:48
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen slowed her steps as they approached the corpse. Carefully she inspected it, first from afar, then getting closer...
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 49 posts
Tue 23 Oct 2007
at 07:25
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick looked at the body and frowned. This was a bit confusing and he was not pleased.

He glanced over to Sonida,

"Perhaps you should have a look at it before anyone else gets closer."

He figured there was some sort of trap here and Sonida was more likely to find it then anyone else; however, if any of his group mates were determined to get closer before it was inspected he was not going to stop them.

Finally something comes to the monk,

"We had best be a bit more careful on the road ahead. The merchant came from a somewhere ahead."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:56, Wed 24 Oct 2007.

Sonida
 player, 104 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Thu 25 Oct 2007
at 23:56
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida picks her way over to the body, doing her best not to touch anything, she looks it all over carefully.

Take 20 on search
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 51 posts
Sun 4 Nov 2007
at 03:36
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick is busy watching Sonida searching. Suddenly his ears pick up and he quickly turns his attention to behind the group. Seeing as no one else seemed to here it he whispering to the others,

"Did you hear that?"

The monk quickly looks towards the front to make sure whatever he heard behind him wasn't just a distraction from a frontal attack.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:37, Sun 04 Nov 2007.

Sonida
 player, 105 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 4 Nov 2007
at 04:00
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida looks up as she slides the following away from the body with her dagger, which she promptly readies to throw.

quote:
A staff(Ivory wood, Well crafted)
A ring(Silver)
A scroll
amd not to forget
3 gp and 8 silver and 2 copper.

Maximus
 player, 52 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Tue 6 Nov 2007
at 22:08
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Seeing the items that Sonida pulls forth from the corpse, Maximus's eyes light up and he casts another spell looking at them eagerly.

OOc - casts detect magic
Ayaleen
 player, 10 posts
 Init +2, AC 15/15/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Tue 6 Nov 2007
at 22:38
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen took a step to the side when she heard Frederick mention a noise. She had heard nothing, though it didn't mean there wasn't anything that could become a threat. Her spiked chain snaked into her hands and dangled readily from her hands "Where did that come from?" her eyes searched the darkness while darting to the monk every now and then.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 52 posts
Thu 8 Nov 2007
at 07:56
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow shrugs as he glances around again,

"I could have sworn it came from behind us, but perhaps from up ahead...A scraping like sound."

The monk's confusion was written on his face. Dispite his concentration on the source of the sound, he did notice Maximus going after the loot and letting the others worry about the sound. He couldn't help a frown at the mage's actions,

"Staying here isn't the best of ideas. Keep and eye on our back for anything. Let's get the loot and move onward. You can look at them later Maximus."

The close quarters were not going to help the group as their numbers would be wasted. An open room would allow him the freedom he needed.

Unless someone objects Darkshadow moves forward at a slightly quicker pace.
Ayaleen
 player, 11 posts
 Init +2, AC 15/15/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Thu 8 Nov 2007
at 09:55
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen frowned "In either case we should be prepared." She was concerned, the undead in this place did not need light to see and all they had was Maximus' spell. Grabbing her holy symbol for a second the woman intoned a short prayer, quickly and her spiked chain lit up, giving off light like a torch.

"I don't think we will be able to surprise anyone down here, the light gives us away too far ahead. But my order teaches us to be ready and spread the Fire Lord's wisdom whenever necessary. I can see now that he brought me here so his eternal flame will cleanse this place!" Her hand lay upon a vial at her belt, obviously she was preparing for a violent confrontation.

ooc: Cast light on chain.
DM Wolf
 GM, 61 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Fri 9 Nov 2007
at 00:16
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As Maximus cast his spell on himself the others can do nothing more then look. Silence falls over the group as the darkness still remains. You all suddenly feel like your body's have been cast into a lake in early spring before the ice has melted completely. It is felt into the very bones of your body. A cold wind blows from the tunnel and suddenly a light can be seen of in the distance. Not the lightsorce itself, but the light cast from it. Scraping like that of metal against the cold and hard rock is easily heard echoing through the cavern. The light is around 2-300 feet away.
Maximus
 player, 53 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Fri 9 Nov 2007
at 01:06
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ignoring the monk, Maximus ponders over the items for a second and then turns away from them with a look of disappointment.  Now looking down the tunnel once again Max prepares another spell.
Sonida
 player, 106 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 9 Nov 2007
at 10:33
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
I'm thinking max has the same god as you Ayaleen, the way he tosses fire.
Ayaleen
 player, 12 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Fri 9 Nov 2007
at 11:02
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Perhaps, or he should venerate the Lord of Flames." the woman said, smiling gently as her eyes lingered on Sonida for a second before focusing on the light in the distance. Taking the potion bottle from her belt she opens the vial and gulps down its contents, then replaces the vial in another pouch.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 53 posts
Wed 14 Nov 2007
at 21:44
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick ignores the feeling of cold and also his comrade's light-hearted conversation. Instead he stares at the lightsource and waits to see if it would keep coming towards them or go a different route.
DM Wolf
 GM, 62 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Tue 20 Nov 2007
at 23:57
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Silence is still in the room for a while before sounds. Strange and unknown to you is heard from around the light source. Soon shadows are seen. They move towards you and what seems like weapons in there arms raised for a blow.

OCC:
Please roll Init. Post them here and We'll get started.

Ayaleen
 player, 13 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Wed 21 Nov 2007
at 08:57
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen stared at what was coming their way, her chain dangling readily in her hands, they would not surprise her...

ooc: Init 11 :-(
Sonida
 player, 107 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Wed 21 Nov 2007
at 11:06
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
06:05, Today: Sonida rolled 16 using 1d20+3. initiativeness.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 54 posts
Thu 22 Nov 2007
at 00:46
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick keeps his guard down, no sense in provoking whatever was coming right at them. Still, if it was hostile he would be ready.

Init: 10 + 3 = 13
Erathiel
 player, 8 posts
 HP 25/25 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Thu 22 Nov 2007
at 02:25
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Uh-oh. . .  what are those?" Erathiel mumbled beneath her breath, doubting that her blade would bite into a creature of shadow and darkness.  Not without some help, anyway.


OOC:  03:24, Today: Erathiel rolled 10 using 1d20+4. Init.   *sighs*
Maximus
 player, 54 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sat 24 Nov 2007
at 17:26
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
With a spark in eye Maximus turns to towards the advancing creatures and readies a spell to let fly as soon as he can discern if this is some kind of adversary has come to test their mantle.

12:21, Today: Maximus rolled 11 using 1d20+2. initiative.
DM Wolf
 GM, 63 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Mon 3 Dec 2007
at 10:54
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As the creatures slowly start to make there way towards you it is clear what they are. They are skeletons. Armed with longswords in hand. They are wearing red robes over there skeletal body.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| | | | | | | | |E|S|A|F|M| | | | | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | |B|B|B| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | |B|B| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+

A-Ayaleen(11 Init)
S-Sonida(16 Init)
F-Frederick(13 Init)
M-Maximus(11 Init)
E-Erathiel(10 Init)
B.Skeletons in red robes (1 Init)

Sonida
 player, 108 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 4 Dec 2007
at 10:13
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida curses under her breath and drops to a crouch, waiting for someone else to do something that might give her a chance to do anything.

Delay
Ayaleen
 player, 15 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Tue 4 Dec 2007
at 11:23
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen moved forward, briefly touching the symbol of Kossuth that hung from her neck "By the Lord of Flames: Thou shalt burn!" with that she pointed her hands at the skeletons, a sheet of flames shooting forth from her fingertips.

ooc: move 4 squares forward, cast burning hands, 6pts fire damage, refl. save dc14 for half.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 55 posts
Tue 11 Dec 2007
at 00:38
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
After a moments hesitation, to long in his book, he decides the best course of action is to protect the more agressive of his allies.

He moves to up to cover the fire casting Ayaleen. If any zombies moved within range he would give them a good wacking.

OOC: Moves 4 squares forward, next to Ayaleen.

Readies an attack action against anything the moves forward to attack the spellcaster.

Attack: 13 + 4 = 17
Damage: 4

This message was last edited by the player at 08:05, Wed 19 Dec 2007.

Maximus
 player, 55 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Fri 21 Dec 2007
at 21:48
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
With a bit of a smirk on his face Maximus looks about the advancing skeletons with amusement.  With a quick crack of his fingers Max unleashes more flaming magic that emerges next to the line of skeletons on the left and motions for the flaming ball to roll forward over each one of them and then with a quick flick of the wrist he stops the flaming sphere where the last skeleton is standing on the right and prepares to reroll it back over any standing skeletons.

Flaming Sphere Range 100' + 10' per level, 5' diameter, Duration 1 round per level, Ref Neg (17), 30' per round, 2d6 dmg
16:42, Today: Maximus rolled 9 using 2d6. Flaming Sphere Damage.

Sonida
 player, 110 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sat 22 Dec 2007
at 10:20
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida steps in front of maximus, ready to attack anything that goes after him and his sphere.


(5ft step to just south of maximus, ready attack action on approaching enemies)
Erathiel
 player, 9 posts
 HP 25/25 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Sat 22 Dec 2007
at 10:49
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Whew, just skeletons," Erathiel mumbled, and flashed a confident grin, before raising her blade and charging right towards the nearest of the foes, channeling a spell to inflict further damage upon it through her blade. . .
DM Wolf
 GM, 67 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Thu 27 Dec 2007
at 13:58
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen moves forward and fire comes from her hand. She manage to burn the skeletons. Frederick moves up to protect her and the chanse does not go away as one of the monsters move towards Ayaleen. He hits the creature and does some amount of damage but the creature still stands. Maximus sends a spheree of fire over one of the creatures. The creature still remains standing in the sphere of fire. Eleniel charge forward and damage the creatures she strike. It soon slash back with it's longsword, but fail to find a opening in the elfs defenses.It is soon joined by another who also fail to score a hit. In a unexpected move two of the creatures send a ball of force towards Maximus that even Sonida could not help defend him against. She had moved 5 feet to the south west of her starting position. The balls of force hit the mage right in the chest. It does some damage to him, but he still remains standing.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| | | | | | | | | | | | |M| | | | | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                | | |S| | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | |A|F| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                |E|B| |B| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | |B| | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | |B|B| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
A-Ayaleen(11 Init)
S-Sonida(16 Init)
F-Frederick(13 Init)
M-Maximus(11 Init)(4 Damage)
E-Erathiel(10 Init)
B.Skeletons in red robes (1 Init)

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:32, Thu 27 Dec 2007.

Ayaleen
 player, 17 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Thu 27 Dec 2007
at 15:48
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"You shall feel the wrath of the Lord of Fire!" Ayaleen said as she looked at the advancing skeletons. Dodging their attacks the priestess called upon the power of Kossuth and suddenly her body was wrapped in flames, licking at everyone who came near. Moving forward two more steps she allowed her chain to circle dangerously...

ooc: Cast defensively DC17 - 20 success. Cast Balor Nimbus for 3rds. Move 2 steps 'down'.
Maximus
 player, 56 posts
 HP: 18 / 14
Thu 27 Dec 2007
at 22:33
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Shaking off the damage taken from the magical bolts, anger fills Maximus like the heat from the flaming sphere that is currently at his command.  With a circular motion with his hand, Max wills his flaming sphere into a circle (moving the full 30’), trying to hit each of the five skeletons.
17:24, Today: Maximus rolled 8 using 2d6. Flaming Sphere Damage.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 57 posts
Thu 27 Dec 2007
at 23:47
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick knew magical effects did some crazy things and it was best not to get caught in them. He held off his actions until after the spells went off. If any of the skeletons were still standing Fredrick would make sure it didn't for long.

Running up to the skeleton Fredrick releases a furry of kicks. He was determined to protect the stupid spellcaster the decided to charge up into the frontline.


OOC:

Furry of Blows: -2 to attacks, +1 attack

Attack 1: 8 + 2 = 10 Miss
Damage: ====
Attack 2: 17 + 2 = 19 Hit
Damage: 6
Erathiel
 player, 10 posts
 HP 25/25 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Sat 29 Dec 2007
at 14:46
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Cutting out at her skeletal foes, Erathiel cursed her blade's lack of effectivenes against their opponents, wishing she'd brought a mace or a morningstar of some kind as well. . .
Sonida
 player, 111 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Wed 2 Jan 2008
at 23:47
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Knowing she can't do much, Sonida  runs up beside frederick and trys to help in his attacks, but fails to make any difference.

(missed my aid another hit)
DM Wolf
 GM, 68 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Sun 6 Jan 2008
at 16:34
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen charge forward while casting her spell. As she moves several of the skeletons see there opertunity to strike. One lands a solid strike that comes under the womans defenses. It cuts her in the back near the right shoulder and leaves a trail of blood flowing down her shoulders. Frederick manage to strike at Skeleton and lands a fair punch, but it does not seem that it is to much effected by the blow. Sonida tries to assist him, but fails. Maximus takes and burns away at the skeleton, but by a miracle is still stands. Erathiel strikes another powerful blow, but her blade does less damage then it would have done if it did not only hit bones. Then the skeletons attack. They strike at Ayaleen who is surrounded by the skeletons, but her defensive are not to be passed. Frederick also manage to dodge a strike from the skeletons. The two standing next to Erathiel strikes at her, but is also unsuccessful in their efforts.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| | | | | | | | | | | | |M| | | | | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | |S|F| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                |E|B| |B| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | |B|A| | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | |B|B| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+


A-Ayaleen(11 Init)(11 Damage)
S-Sonida(16 Init)
F-Frederick(13 Init)
M-Maximus(11 Init)(4 Damage)
E-Erathiel(10 Init)
B.Skeletons in red robes (1 Init)
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 58 posts
Mon 14 Jan 2008
at 05:27
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
OOC: Well I was waiting for the others to post first, seeing as Fredrick sort of feeds off what the others do. Well, now he's in the middle of everything so don't kill him with one of your spells. :)


BIC:

Fredrick decides it would be best to show off a bit as he was beginning to bore with this battle. Smiling at the thought Fredrick goes into a an acrobatic fit. Dodging and weaving like a monkey through the tress of his jungle home, the monk move between the front most skeletons and then dodges a wild blow from the third. With a quick jump against the next to Ayaleen he lands right next to her doing a backflip just for show.

"I couldn't let you stand upfront all by yourself that won't be very polite now would it."

He smiled at the mage as he unleashed with his fists, one against each of the skeletons.As he lashed out he finished off with his warcry.


Tumble Check: 14 + 9 = 22 (Avoid AOO)


Attack 1: 13 + 2 = 15
Damage: 2

Attack 2: 19 + 2 = 21
Damage: 3

This message was last edited by the player at 05:28, Mon 14 Jan 2008.

Ayaleen
 player, 18 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/20 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Mon 14 Jan 2008
at 09:12
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen simply grabbed the skeleton standing directly before her attempting to wrestle with its scrawny bones. It was a funny feeling, since upto now she had only wrestled with opponents of flesh and blood, this was... different.
Maximus
 player, 57 posts
 HP: 18 / 14
Mon 14 Jan 2008
at 23:45
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus lets his flaming sphere remain in the same area as the skeleton that it burned previously, the flames still licking at its bones.  Then Max raises his hand and points his finger at another skeleton and two magical missiles streak out hitting it.  Max then puts his finger to his lips and blows on it like he was trying to put out a candle and chuckles a bit.

18:38, Today: Maximus rolled 7 using 2d6. flaming sphere damage.
18:37, Today: Maximus rolled 4 using 1d4+1. magic missle damage
18:37, Today: Maximus rolled 2 using 1d4+1. mm

Erathiel
 player, 11 posts
 HP 25/25 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Wed 16 Jan 2008
at 11:55
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Erathiel continued smashing her blade into the nearest skeleton, certain that if she only kept at it, it would crumble into dust. . .  at least, that was the plan.
Sonida
 player, 112 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Mon 21 Jan 2008
at 00:47
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida seeing no other option but to strike at the creature even how uneffective it might be is the best action to take now. So she very gracefully stabs with her two daggers.
DM Wolf
 GM, 69 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Mon 21 Jan 2008
at 00:57
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As Fredrick moves forward managing to avoid being struck by any blades manage to land two solid punch at the two skeletons. Maximus let's the fireball stands over the burning skeleton. It crumble into dust by the heat of the magical fire. Meanwhile Ayaleen tries to grapple the skeleton, but it manage to slip away from her. Sonida lands a hit on the skeleton that was in front of her, but it seemed to have little to none effect on the creature at all. The elven lady lands a solid blow to the skeleton, but by some evil bad luck the skeleton still stands. The Skeletons are not making much progress as they strike around with their blades. One manage to land a strike at Sonida letting blood flow down from a cut on her lower back as it had striked during one of Sonidas strikes.


+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| | | | | | | | | | | | |M| | | | | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | |S| | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                |E|B| |B| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | |B|A|F| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | |B|B| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+

A-Ayaleen(11 Init)(11 Damage>
S-Sonida(16 Init)(8 Damage)
F-Frederick(13 Init)
M-Maximus(11 Init)(4 Damage)
E-Erathiel(10 Init)
B.Skeletons in red robes (1 Init)


<orange>OCC:
The B that is marked red is the dead Skeleton>/orange>

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:00, Mon 21 Jan 2008.

Erathiel
 player, 12 posts
 HP 25/25 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Mon 21 Jan 2008
at 06:12
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Stepping around the skeleton to stand by Sonida's side, Erathiel cut out at their foe again, as she asked Sonida, "Are you okay?  Do you have any healing potions on you?"

This message was last edited by the player at 06:13, Mon 21 Jan 2008.

Ayaleen
 player, 19 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/20 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Mon 21 Jan 2008
at 08:45
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Persistence!" Ayaleen thought grimly as the walking bones escaped her grip. Once more she tried to grab a solid hold of her opponent...

ooc: grapple 17
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 59 posts
Tue 22 Jan 2008
at 23:38
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick took stock of the battle and lashed out once again at the most damaged of the skeletons around him.


Attack 1: 6 - 2 = 4 (miss)

Attack 2: 19 - 2 = 17 (hit?)
Damage 2: 4
Maximus
 player, 58 posts
 HP: 18 / 14
Wed 23 Jan 2008
at 21:44
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
PM
Maximus
 player, 59 posts
 HP: 18 / 14
Sun 27 Jan 2008
at 20:45
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus repeats his actions with the opposite hand, letting fly another two missiles that steak out from his finger tip - one hitting each of the two closest skeletons.

15:42, Today: Maximus rolled 3 using 1d4+1. mm
15:42, Today: Maximus rolled 3 using 1d4+1. mm.
 

Sonida
 player, 113 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Mon 28 Jan 2008
at 07:31
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida strikes out at the creature infront of her who had stabbed her. When Erathiel comes next to her Sonida simply nods to her question.
DM Wolf
 GM, 70 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Mon 28 Jan 2008
at 07:46
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus sends two balls of force against the two closest skeletons, hitting them right in the chest. Erathiel is quick to move to her comrade side and strikes out against the skeleton in front of herself. Sonida strikes at the skeleton with her daggers and manage to land a hit again and scratch of some bone from the skeleton. Finally Frederick is quick to react and strikes the skeleton in the back and it falls crumbling down, turning into dust. Ayaleen is successful in managing to grapple the skeleton and the heat from the fire spell she has on her damage the skeleton greatly. Seeing that Sonida is wounded the skeleton in front of  Erathiel strikes out with it's longsword again drawing blood from the agile lady, while the one to Ayaleens left tries to strike at the Ayaleen, but misses. The one that is burned by the grappeling grip of Ayaleen is trying to break free from her grip(DC:9 Opposed grapple to hold on).

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| | | | | | | | | | | | |M| | | | | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | |E|S| | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | |B| |B| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | |B|A|F| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | |B|B| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+

A-Ayaleen(11 Init)(11 Damage)
S-Sonida(16 Init)(12 Damage)
F-Frederick(13 Init)
M-Maximus(11 Init)(4 Damage)
E-Erathiel(10 Init)
B.Skeletons in red robes (1 Init)
OCC:
All Bs marked red are dead

Ayaleen
 player, 20 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/20 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Mon 28 Jan 2008
at 08:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Once locked in the grapple Ayaleen shifts her grip to the collarbone of the skeleton, which seems to be quite tough. However, there is no escaping from the Phoenix Disciple as she focuses on the undead before her "Feel the cleansing flame of the Lord of Fire. Let it purge your soul of all impurities!" Given the raging flames that surround her body, the woman makes a frightful sight.

ooc: grapple check 24, damage 23pts.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 60 posts
Mon 28 Jan 2008
at 12:08
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick is pleased with himself so far. He had yet to miss completely, and while he wasn't doing a great deal of damage, he was doing what he set out to do. He was drawing some of the fight away from the less durable members of his group. In particular was the brave Ayaleen whom Fredrick thought had needed some of the fight diverted from herself the most. At the moment she seemed determined enough and Fredrick was confident she would be alright; however, the same could not be said for everyone.

He did note that some of the members were not completing their tasks as well as they should be. He figured it would be best to allow them the chance to prove themselves as he remained a step back,

"Sonida! Erathiel! Would you care to do the honors or do you require my assistance?"

While the Fredrick's question message might seem to be arrogant by some, he meant it in a sincere way. He had no interest in dishonoring any of his team mates before they had the chance to show off their skills.


OOC: Fredrick holds until Sonida and Erathiel have acted. If one of them asks for help Fredrick will move forward and attack the two skeletons, focusing on the most damaged of the pair.

Attack 1: 3 + 2 = 5 (Miss)
Attack 2: 17 + 2 = 19 (Hit)
Damage 2: 4

Fredrick will also try to get the skeleton's attention to take any attacks away from Sonida or Erathiel.
Maximus
 player, 60 posts
 HP: 18 / 14
Mon 28 Jan 2008
at 23:18
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Moving up closer to get a better view of the action, Maximus moves within 20' of the first skeleton and points at it letting lose a fiery ball of flame.  This ball of flame streaks out toward the skeleton and strikes it bursting upon impact.

18:09, Today: Maximus rolled 6 using 2d6. Fiery Burst.
Erathiel
 player, 13 posts
 HP 25/25 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Wed 30 Jan 2008
at 20:44
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"If anyone has a mace of a club to spare, I'll make dust out of these things, but with a sword, it's not that easy!" Erathiel shot back, before mumbling the words to a spell as she cut out again, a purple glow shining around the blade as it swung into the skeleton.  Though the sword itself barely managed to hurt the walking pile of bones, the energy directed through it did a lot better, eating away at the essence of the undead creature.
Sonida
 player, 114 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 1 Feb 2008
at 21:27
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Do the honors. I'm better at killing things the first time."

Sonida moves behind E, stopping to her right(1 square to the left of her on the map) and takes a full defense action.
DM Wolf
 GM, 71 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Wed 6 Feb 2008
at 11:24
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
With her fiery touch Ayaleen burns the creature to dust. Sonida moves away from the skeletons, being seriously wounded as she is. Maximus moves forward and send a burst of fire at the closest skeleton. Eleniel stikes with all her might at the creature and removes a great deal of bone. Frederick strikes at the back of the creature and the sound of bones cracking is heard. The skeletons try to retaliate, but their attacks go way above there targets.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | |M| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | |S| | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | |E| | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | |B| |B| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | |B|A|F| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | |B|B| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+

A-Ayaleen(11 Init)(11 Damage)
S-Sonida(16 Init)(12 Damage)
F-Frederick(13 Init)
M-Maximus(11 Init)(4 Damage)
E-Erathiel(10 Init)
B.Skeletons in red robes (1 Init)


OCC: SWorry for the late post people. I had this strange feeling that we where waiting for someone.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:07, Sat 09 Feb 2008.

Maximus
 GM, 61 posts
 HP: 18 / 14
Sat 9 Feb 2008
at 06:34
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Clearly enjoying the battle, Maximus points again at the closest skeleton and fires another small ball of flame that bursts upon contact.  "BURN BABY BURN..." he says with much excitement.

01:30, Today: Maximus rolled 5 using 2d6. Fiery burst.
Ayaleen
 player, 21 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/20 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Mon 11 Feb 2008
at 13:11
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen grabbed her spiked chain in both her hands again and swirled it around, gaining momentum until she thought the moment was good. The weapon lashed out like a coiled cobra to wrap around the leg of the nearest skeleton, followed by a sharp tug of the priestess, trying to bring the unnatural creature down.

ooc: Trip touch attack 16, trip strength check 20.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 61 posts
Tue 19 Feb 2008
at 07:05
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Once again Fredrick moved in and struck with his bare hands. While his first strike was quite ugly, he more then made up with it on his second.


OOC:

Attack 1: 1 Natural 1(Miss)
Attack 2: 12 + 2 = 14 (Miss) (should be or else I'll edit)
Damage 2: 4

This message was last edited by the player at 23:53, Wed 20 Feb 2008.

DM Wolf
 GM, 72 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Wed 20 Feb 2008
at 00:36
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen manage to trip the skeleton and Fredericks Strikes manage to turn the skeleton into dust. The area is silent. Still the light shines from inside the inside the room leading from this corridor. The last sounds of bones hitting the floor echoes a little in the between the stone walls.
Ayaleen
 player, 22 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/20 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Wed 20 Feb 2008
at 08:53
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen leans against the wall, recovering a bit from the whole ordeal. The flaming aura that surrounded her had gone and she looked like her normal, if a bit injured, self.

"Who needs the healing touch of the Phoenix? Anyone hurt?" she inquired, looking at her companions.
Maximus
 GM, 62 posts
 HP: 18 / 14
Wed 20 Feb 2008
at 17:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Thanks for the offer Alayeen, I've was struck by a couple of magical bolts - nothing I can't handle though, I'm ok with traveling on." Maximus leans over a couple of the skeletons and inspects there robes and such then peers further down the cavern.  Unable to see beyond his magical flame, Max quickly casts another ‘dancing lights’ spell and wills the magical globes to travel further down the cavern once again.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:40, Thu 21 Feb 2008.

Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 62 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2008
at 00:12
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick shakes his head at Alayeen's question,

"No blade touched me."

It didn't take much to hear the pride in his voice.

He walked over to Erathiel gave her an good natured pat on the shoulder,

"You fought well, if the foes were living you would have done very well."

Fredrick also gave approving nods to Ayaleen and Maximus, who he figured needed no further words as they had each bested at least one foe each. There was a lack of eye contact with Sonida as well as any show of approval. He had been taught that one must not speak ill of fellow comrades when it was avoidable, and he figured she would get the message without any words needing to be spoken.

After taking a moment to catch his breath Fredrick went over to the follow foes and began to look for items of interest.


OOC: Did any of the skeletons have any blunt weapons?
Sonida
 player, 115 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Wed 27 Feb 2008
at 01:53
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida walked over to Ayaleen and could not help but feel that the lack of eye contact between her and Frederick was meant as some sort of show of lack of confident or word or thought of considering. She held her hand on her bleeding wound to the gut. She said politely. I could use some of that healing as they got me good. She looks down on her own wound before looking at Ayaleen.
Ayaleen
 player, 23 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/20 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Wed 27 Feb 2008
at 11:05
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
ooc: Sonida, if you update your profile, I can decide whether you need a cure Light or Medium wounds spell. Thanks.
Erathiel
 player, 14 posts
 HP 25/25 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Thu 28 Feb 2008
at 12:21
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick Darkshadow:
He walked over to Erathiel gave her an good natured pat on the shoulder,

"You fought well, if the foes were living you would have done very well."

"Thanks - but remind me to buy a morningstar when we get out of here?" Erathiel replied with a smile, and sheathed her blade.  At Ayaleen's offer for healing, the elven girl merely shook her head - she hadn't been hurt, barely even exhausted.  Her magical buckler had served her well, as it always did, and she'd always had a knack for dodging strikes and blows.

OOC:  If the skeletons don't carry bludgeoning weapons on them, we could probably use thighbones as clubs, or something.  :p
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 63 posts
Sun 2 Mar 2008
at 10:31
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick simply smiled and nodded at Erathiel's comment. He had hoped to hand her sometime right then, but the skeletons had all be using slashing or piercing weapons.

"Whenever you guys are ready..."

Fredrick make a motion for the group to continue down the hall, and once he is sure everyone is ready to go he heads that way, taking point.
Ayaleen
 player, 24 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/20 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Sun 2 Mar 2008
at 10:54
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen looked at Sonida's injuries and invoked the blessings of the Lord of Fire. Curing the injury wasn't an all too pleasurable experience, it was a burning sensation but it left the rogue healed and fit, it was truly a cleansing experience.

ooc: CLW 9pts. on Sonida.
DM Wolf
 GM, 74 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Sun 9 Mar 2008
at 16:28
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As the group headed deeper into the underground layer they passed the corner and was struck with the image they saw. The room was lighted up by a huge statue. It was in the shape of two phoenixes rising from one single ash pool. Underneath there was a lot of writings not in the common language that is used for trade or in the local language of the Dragon Coast. There is also some seats around a black stone table. Many books filled the bookcases of the room. There was also two quite nicely made chest with locks.
Ayaleen
 player, 25 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/20 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Mon 10 Mar 2008
at 09:30
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen sank to her knees. This majestic sight was one that resembled her home temple very closely. The phoenix, symbol of her order, stood for the cleansing power of fire.

After a short prayer to her lord, she got back to her feet and inspected the room more closely. The priestess went over to the statue and tried to decipher the writing...
Maximus
 player, 63 posts
 HP: 18 / 14
Mon 10 Mar 2008
at 23:01
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Seeing the bookshelves lined with books, Maximus's eyes light up for a brief second.  Knowledge is power his old master used to say and power was something that Maximus was very fond of.  ‘Mad Max’ is what the others used to call him for seeking such power, but they didn’t understand...the feeling of raw energy being unleashed at one’s fingertips was intoxicating and addictive....very addictive Max thought as he walks toward the bookshelves.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 64 posts
Wed 12 Mar 2008
at 08:29
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick remained in the entrance of the room. He watched as Maximus headed for the bookself and Ayaleen headed for the statue.

"I'd advise everyone to be a bit careful. This room looks to comfortable to be without its hidden dangers."</darkblue>

With that Fredrick glanced at Sonida. She may not be able to fight, but perhaps she could make sure that if someone opened something up it wouldn't explode or shoot some deadly arrow or bolt at them.
Erathiel
 player, 16 posts
 HP 25/25 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Fri 14 Mar 2008
at 13:41
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Yeah, what he said," Erathiel mumbled, staying by the entrance, one hand on her blade.  This place simply screamed 'danger' to the wood elf, but she tried to shake that feeling off, not wanting to get paranoid, either. . .
DM Wolf
 GM, 78 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Fri 21 Mar 2008
at 08:28
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As Maximus us walked over and had a look at the bookshelf he saw that most of them where about magical theories. Some about the creation of undead and immortally. The writings on the statue seems to be old. Maybe even some of them are of magical nature.
Sonida goes forward and checks the chest but is surprised to find it without traps or even locked. Hey come over here. You should really see this. those who go to the chest see that it's full of finely made items. Frederick finds some that he is familiar with. He reach out for them and takes them into his hand. Suddenly there starts to spin out a fog like substance around him and it's spinning around him at great speeds. Then it suddenly stops in a explosion of red glowing balls. Then move farther in to the cave underneath the haunted Opera House. Fredrick is nowhere to be seen.
Maximus
 player, 64 posts
 HP: 18 / 14
Fri 21 Mar 2008
at 21:40
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Spinning around with his staff raised high and arms outstretched ready to unleash hell, Maximus tries to determine what happened to their companion Fredrick.

17:36, Today: Maximus rolled 22 using 1d20+11. Spellcraft.
17:36, Today: Maximus rolled 29 using 1d20+9. Knowledge - The Planes.
17:35, Today: Maximus rolled 22 using 1d20+9. Knowledge - Arcana.

Erathiel
 player, 17 posts
 HP 25/25 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Fri 21 Mar 2008
at 21:52
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Oookay..." Erathiel mumbled as she took a step towards the chest, looking down at it.  "Here goes nothing..." she whispered, and reached down to pick up a ring an an amulet, which she recognized as minor magical items, both meant to improve the defense of the wearer.
Ayaleen
 player, 27 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/20 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Fri 21 Mar 2008
at 22:54
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen's eyes glowed with divine fervor as she turned to the others, she did not seem to notice Frederick's absence, instead she looked into the chest and her eyes opened wide. It was as if her Lord meant to show her how much he trusted her, how much he wanted her to do his bidding. Slowly, with a shaking hand, she took something out. It was a mask of fine craftsmanship, covering only the area around the eyes, decorated with feathery edges and of orange red color. A slim necklace had been caught in its feathers and the priestess stuffed it into her pocket with a forlorn look that was still focused on the mask. Putting it on she whispered something that could not be understood, but the awed tone spoke for itself.
DM Wolf
 GM, 80 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Tue 8 Apr 2008
at 05:22
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
With a loud clicking sound coming from the statue a blueish flame light up around the phoenix. Then souls start to circle around it. Four souls. Coming from the basin of the statue. The sound of the dead is terrible as they circle the statue. After a little while they start to move. At the same time there are three symbols that light up at the statue.  slowly like a white light up towards the sealing. Then it moves down the corridor that the group has not been to. Erathiel seems a bit nervous and appears not to like the whole thing. Sonida stands near the chest holding her items. She looks stunned by the things that happen around her.
Ayaleen
 player, 29 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/20 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Wed 9 Apr 2008
at 09:52
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen stood by, watching the spectacle in awe.
Maximus
 player, 66 posts
 Int:+2 AC: 12/10/12
 HP: 14/18 Saves:+3/+3/+3
Thu 10 Apr 2008
at 00:03
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus stands ready, bringing his magical powers to bare like a volcano ready to explode.
DM Wolf
 GM, 81 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Sun 20 Apr 2008
at 13:36
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
After the light go away silence fills the halls. The fires continue to burn around the bottom on the statue. Still there is light from the unchecked corridor. A small, almost to small to notice wind of freash air is coming in from somewhere. Had it not been for the smell of the closed room it would not have been felt. It sure had been a long day or at least it felt like it. Still it was nice to have some fresh air to breath.
Ayaleen
 player, 30 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/20 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Sun 20 Apr 2008
at 15:11
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen shrugged more to herself than anything else and began marching towards the corridor and the light.
Maximus
 player, 67 posts
 Int:+2 AC: 12/10/12
 HP: 14/18 Saves:+3/+3/+3
Tue 22 Apr 2008
at 19:55
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus followed as well...