Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn.   Posted by DM Wolf.Group: 0
Maximus
 player, 52 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Tue 6 Nov 2007
at 22:08
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Seeing the items that Sonida pulls forth from the corpse, Maximus's eyes light up and he casts another spell looking at them eagerly.

OOc - casts detect magic
Ayaleen
 player, 10 posts
 Init +2, AC 15/15/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Tue 6 Nov 2007
at 22:38
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen took a step to the side when she heard Frederick mention a noise. She had heard nothing, though it didn't mean there wasn't anything that could become a threat. Her spiked chain snaked into her hands and dangled readily from her hands "Where did that come from?" her eyes searched the darkness while darting to the monk every now and then.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 52 posts
Thu 8 Nov 2007
at 07:56
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow shrugs as he glances around again,

"I could have sworn it came from behind us, but perhaps from up ahead...A scraping like sound."

The monk's confusion was written on his face. Dispite his concentration on the source of the sound, he did notice Maximus going after the loot and letting the others worry about the sound. He couldn't help a frown at the mage's actions,

"Staying here isn't the best of ideas. Keep and eye on our back for anything. Let's get the loot and move onward. You can look at them later Maximus."

The close quarters were not going to help the group as their numbers would be wasted. An open room would allow him the freedom he needed.

Unless someone objects Darkshadow moves forward at a slightly quicker pace.
Ayaleen
 player, 11 posts
 Init +2, AC 15/15/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Thu 8 Nov 2007
at 09:55
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen frowned "In either case we should be prepared." She was concerned, the undead in this place did not need light to see and all they had was Maximus' spell. Grabbing her holy symbol for a second the woman intoned a short prayer, quickly and her spiked chain lit up, giving off light like a torch.

"I don't think we will be able to surprise anyone down here, the light gives us away too far ahead. But my order teaches us to be ready and spread the Fire Lord's wisdom whenever necessary. I can see now that he brought me here so his eternal flame will cleanse this place!" Her hand lay upon a vial at her belt, obviously she was preparing for a violent confrontation.

ooc: Cast light on chain.
DM Wolf
 GM, 61 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Fri 9 Nov 2007
at 00:16
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As Maximus cast his spell on himself the others can do nothing more then look. Silence falls over the group as the darkness still remains. You all suddenly feel like your body's have been cast into a lake in early spring before the ice has melted completely. It is felt into the very bones of your body. A cold wind blows from the tunnel and suddenly a light can be seen of in the distance. Not the lightsorce itself, but the light cast from it. Scraping like that of metal against the cold and hard rock is easily heard echoing through the cavern. The light is around 2-300 feet away.
Maximus
 player, 53 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Fri 9 Nov 2007
at 01:06
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ignoring the monk, Maximus ponders over the items for a second and then turns away from them with a look of disappointment.  Now looking down the tunnel once again Max prepares another spell.
Sonida
 player, 106 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 9 Nov 2007
at 10:33
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
I'm thinking max has the same god as you Ayaleen, the way he tosses fire.
Ayaleen
 player, 12 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Fri 9 Nov 2007
at 11:02
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Perhaps, or he should venerate the Lord of Flames." the woman said, smiling gently as her eyes lingered on Sonida for a second before focusing on the light in the distance. Taking the potion bottle from her belt she opens the vial and gulps down its contents, then replaces the vial in another pouch.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 53 posts
Wed 14 Nov 2007
at 21:44
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick ignores the feeling of cold and also his comrade's light-hearted conversation. Instead he stares at the lightsource and waits to see if it would keep coming towards them or go a different route.
DM Wolf
 GM, 62 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Tue 20 Nov 2007
at 23:57
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Silence is still in the room for a while before sounds. Strange and unknown to you is heard from around the light source. Soon shadows are seen. They move towards you and what seems like weapons in there arms raised for a blow.

OCC:
Please roll Init. Post them here and We'll get started.

Ayaleen
 player, 13 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Wed 21 Nov 2007
at 08:57
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen stared at what was coming their way, her chain dangling readily in her hands, they would not surprise her...

ooc: Init 11 :-(
Sonida
 player, 107 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Wed 21 Nov 2007
at 11:06
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
06:05, Today: Sonida rolled 16 using 1d20+3. initiativeness.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 54 posts
Thu 22 Nov 2007
at 00:46
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick keeps his guard down, no sense in provoking whatever was coming right at them. Still, if it was hostile he would be ready.

Init: 10 + 3 = 13
Erathiel
 player, 8 posts
 HP 25/25 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Thu 22 Nov 2007
at 02:25
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Uh-oh. . .  what are those?" Erathiel mumbled beneath her breath, doubting that her blade would bite into a creature of shadow and darkness.  Not without some help, anyway.


OOC:  03:24, Today: Erathiel rolled 10 using 1d20+4. Init.   *sighs*
Maximus
 player, 54 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sat 24 Nov 2007
at 17:26
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
With a spark in eye Maximus turns to towards the advancing creatures and readies a spell to let fly as soon as he can discern if this is some kind of adversary has come to test their mantle.

12:21, Today: Maximus rolled 11 using 1d20+2. initiative.
DM Wolf
 GM, 63 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Mon 3 Dec 2007
at 10:54
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As the creatures slowly start to make there way towards you it is clear what they are. They are skeletons. Armed with longswords in hand. They are wearing red robes over there skeletal body.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| | | | | | | | |E|S|A|F|M| | | | | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | |B|B|B| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | |B|B| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+

A-Ayaleen(11 Init)
S-Sonida(16 Init)
F-Frederick(13 Init)
M-Maximus(11 Init)
E-Erathiel(10 Init)
B.Skeletons in red robes (1 Init)

Sonida
 player, 108 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 4 Dec 2007
at 10:13
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida curses under her breath and drops to a crouch, waiting for someone else to do something that might give her a chance to do anything.

Delay
Ayaleen
 player, 15 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Tue 4 Dec 2007
at 11:23
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen moved forward, briefly touching the symbol of Kossuth that hung from her neck "By the Lord of Flames: Thou shalt burn!" with that she pointed her hands at the skeletons, a sheet of flames shooting forth from her fingertips.

ooc: move 4 squares forward, cast burning hands, 6pts fire damage, refl. save dc14 for half.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 55 posts
Tue 11 Dec 2007
at 00:38
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
After a moments hesitation, to long in his book, he decides the best course of action is to protect the more agressive of his allies.

He moves to up to cover the fire casting Ayaleen. If any zombies moved within range he would give them a good wacking.

OOC: Moves 4 squares forward, next to Ayaleen.

Readies an attack action against anything the moves forward to attack the spellcaster.

Attack: 13 + 4 = 17
Damage: 4

This message was last edited by the player at 08:05, Wed 19 Dec 2007.

Maximus
 player, 55 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Fri 21 Dec 2007
at 21:48
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
With a bit of a smirk on his face Maximus looks about the advancing skeletons with amusement.  With a quick crack of his fingers Max unleashes more flaming magic that emerges next to the line of skeletons on the left and motions for the flaming ball to roll forward over each one of them and then with a quick flick of the wrist he stops the flaming sphere where the last skeleton is standing on the right and prepares to reroll it back over any standing skeletons.

Flaming Sphere Range 100' + 10' per level, 5' diameter, Duration 1 round per level, Ref Neg (17), 30' per round, 2d6 dmg
16:42, Today: Maximus rolled 9 using 2d6. Flaming Sphere Damage.

Sonida
 player, 110 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sat 22 Dec 2007
at 10:20
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida steps in front of maximus, ready to attack anything that goes after him and his sphere.


(5ft step to just south of maximus, ready attack action on approaching enemies)
Erathiel
 player, 9 posts
 HP 25/25 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Sat 22 Dec 2007
at 10:49
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Whew, just skeletons," Erathiel mumbled, and flashed a confident grin, before raising her blade and charging right towards the nearest of the foes, channeling a spell to inflict further damage upon it through her blade. . .
DM Wolf
 GM, 67 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Thu 27 Dec 2007
at 13:58
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen moves forward and fire comes from her hand. She manage to burn the skeletons. Frederick moves up to protect her and the chanse does not go away as one of the monsters move towards Ayaleen. He hits the creature and does some amount of damage but the creature still stands. Maximus sends a spheree of fire over one of the creatures. The creature still remains standing in the sphere of fire. Eleniel charge forward and damage the creatures she strike. It soon slash back with it's longsword, but fail to find a opening in the elfs defenses.It is soon joined by another who also fail to score a hit. In a unexpected move two of the creatures send a ball of force towards Maximus that even Sonida could not help defend him against. She had moved 5 feet to the south west of her starting position. The balls of force hit the mage right in the chest. It does some damage to him, but he still remains standing.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| | | | | | | | | | | | |M| | | | | | | |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                | | |S| | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | | | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | |A|F| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                |E|B| |B| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | |B| | | |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
                | | |B|B| |
                +-+-+-+-+-+
A-Ayaleen(11 Init)
S-Sonida(16 Init)
F-Frederick(13 Init)
M-Maximus(11 Init)(4 Damage)
E-Erathiel(10 Init)
B.Skeletons in red robes (1 Init)

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:32, Thu 27 Dec 2007.

Ayaleen
 player, 17 posts
 Init +2, AC 19/19/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Thu 27 Dec 2007
at 15:48
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"You shall feel the wrath of the Lord of Fire!" Ayaleen said as she looked at the advancing skeletons. Dodging their attacks the priestess called upon the power of Kossuth and suddenly her body was wrapped in flames, licking at everyone who came near. Moving forward two more steps she allowed her chain to circle dangerously...

ooc: Cast defensively DC17 - 20 success. Cast Balor Nimbus for 3rds. Move 2 steps 'down'.
Maximus
 player, 56 posts
 HP: 18 / 14
Thu 27 Dec 2007
at 22:33
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Shaking off the damage taken from the magical bolts, anger fills Maximus like the heat from the flaming sphere that is currently at his command.  With a circular motion with his hand, Max wills his flaming sphere into a circle (moving the full 30), trying to hit each of the five skeletons.
17:24, Today: Maximus rolled 8 using 2d6. Flaming Sphere Damage.