Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn.   Posted by DM Wolf.Group: 0
Girda, of Helm
 player, 8 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Thu 5 Jul 2007
at 21:43
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"For certain you do, Sonida.  Forgive me though, Master...of no name."  Girda smiles, meaning not to attack, but to include.  "I as much know your fighting or scout style, I know your name.  My Unseeing Eye marks me as a servitor of Helm; the dwarves' arms and armor makes it obvious that he is a man at arms; Sonida's confidence and blades make her the same at least, and Maximus is self-declared as an arcanist...but I can neither discern your purpose or name.  I, am, as you may have overheard, Girda, of Helm."
Sonida
 player, 28 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Thu 5 Jul 2007
at 21:50
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida coughs slighty *cough*woman-at-arms*cough* she clears her throat and resumes her grin.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 4 posts
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 01:40
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The monk is happy to have joined so easily. He was use to having to prove his skills before being allowed to do anything, but then he had already learned the outside world was different. Sonida's reaction was a bit strange, but it was probably a test of some sort.

"Sonida, I mean only that I am sure you have skills that are far greater than mine in many areas. One area that is quite clearly that case is your grace and style wielding those daggers."

Fredrick gave an apologetic bow to Sonida before continuing,

"It is truly a pleasure Girda, my name is Fredrick Darkshadow. You may call me Fredrick, Darkshadow, or monk as you wish."

He gives a polite nod to the group,

"My more aggressive and physical talents are in fighting with grace and speed rather then weapons and armor. I am also a tracker and hunter of some skill and can move without being seen or heard if I wish it. My purpose, is simply to aid in the rescue of a little girl and stop the desecration of a place of dance and song. The reward is not exactly a painful thing to endure either."
Nummy
 player, 4 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 02:47
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"I say welcome, monk.  More muscle never hurt anybody, and I'm sure you'll help absorb some of the damage that would likely fall to me should we find ourselves in a fight.  Maybe between the two of us we can even keep these weaker ones alive long enough to solve this mystery."

Nummy flexed his overly-large biceps to show the others just how much muscle he would be adding to the group.  He then sniffed his armpits and put his arms back down at his sides immediately.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:49, Fri 06 July 2007.

Maximus
 player, 12 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 05:39
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
“Yes it would seem that we each bring some talent to this table that will benefit this group and help solve this mystery.  As for being one of the weak ones master Nummy, if you keep what ever we face at bay, then I will do my very best to blow them to pieces.”  Leaning back in his chair again Maximus glances about the room, half wondering where the innkeeper has gone off too and also wondering if any others are going to come out of the woodwork for this adventure.
Sonida
 player, 29 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 08:56
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ye callin me weak dwarfie? I bet I could drink yer dwarfishness under the table. Good thing for you I know that drunk is not the best way to present yourself to an employer. Last time I did that, next I remember seeing him, neither of us were wearing any clothes. Wouldn't want that to happen to a poor dwarf. she grins down at the dwwarf and takes a sip out of her glass.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 9 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 10:33
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Girda takes another slurp of ale.  She watches.  And waits.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 5 posts
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 11:06
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow chuckles a bit at Sonida's antics. Perhaps it wasn't a test after all, but a general way of life for her. He was also glad to see he had earned some respect from the dwarf, a difficult thing to do normally. He continued to sit there sipping his water and watch. There was a great deal to be learned.
DM Wolf
 GM, 18 posts
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 14:45
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
After around 15 muinits later the door swings open and a well dressed man walks into the Inn. He looks around abit befor going to the Innkeeper and hastely says a few words that you can not hear. The Innkeeper points to you and nods. The man walk towards you and he is wearing a black leather armor and also carry two shotswords at his hips. He got three rings. One made of gold has something loking like feathers running across it and the rest is a signet ring bearing the house symbol. He bows and says Good day. I'm Dasarath. I understand it like this that you are seeking employment. I like to know what I'm paying for so let's take this into a room and we'll talk there. I have arranged a little office with him and let's now move over there. Take your drinks with you unless you are finished with them.

He then turns around on the spot and walk towards the stairs, but instead of walking uo the stairs he opens a door that almost none of you hade noticed befor. As you walk into the office you see leather chairs and a fireplace as well. The man claiming to be Dasarath walks over to the table and removes his cloak revealing three daggers across his back in a bandoler. surely a clever place to hide small weapons. He then sits down

Well just give me your names and your reasons for partaking in this job that I got for you. Please ony one and one. Also mention you most skilled skills that you posess.

He finds a quil and starts to write as soon as the first person starts to talk.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 10 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 17:28
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"I am Girda, a servitor of Helm, Pennon Sergeant in the Order of the All-Seeing Eye, Guardian and Healer." She says, her chin up and her red-plumed helmet under her arm.
Sonida
 player, 30 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 21:11
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida takes a deep bow, brushing her hair from the side of her face as she straightens up, Sonida, Servitor of the same, Mercenary of medium renown, Stabber and stealer. She winks in Girda's direction, My reasons are the pay and the exitement, a little incidental help to those in need isn't a bad thing.
Nummy
 player, 5 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 21:48
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Nummy here, at yer service.  I specialize in slicing the bad guys to shreds and shielding my comrades from nasty cuts and bruises.  As far as non-combat skills go, I can tie a mean knot, several different kinds of course, but my pride by far comes from my sculptured creations.  Might ye one day be interested in a life-sized statue of yourself to gift to your sweetheart, perhaps in marble or alabaster?"

The dwarf sees this as an excellent opportunity to make potential new clients for work down the road.  He also knows that word of mouth can bring lots of business as long as it's not words of ill.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 6 posts
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 21:53
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow followed along and listened closely, and quickly found that the manner of this man left a lot to be desired. When his turn came along he responded with equally short and quick responses as clearly this is what the man wanted,

"I am Fredrick Darkshadow. I am here because I am needed. I have skills in fighting, tracking, and stealth."
Sonida
 player, 31 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 6 Jul 2007
at 23:14
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida tilts her head in maximus's direction, waiting for him before speaking.
Maximus
 player, 13 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sat 7 Jul 2007
at 05:19
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Slightly amused at this inventory list this man called Dasarath was writing about each of his new companions, Maximus decides to play along for now.  “I am versed in the wizardly arts and specialize in evocation.  I also bring to this table a wide variety of know languages and knowledge of many mystical affairs.”
DM Wolf
 GM, 19 posts
Sat 7 Jul 2007
at 12:23
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The man hastely writes down the details that you give him. As he sits writing down   the information given by Maximus he looks up from his quill and says let's just hope that you can save my little girl then. Solve the mysterie and I shall be most generous.

He takes a few seconds befor looking back at you againe. This is so a man that is on the verge of breaking abart by the slightest wind. He clears his troath befor speaking againe.

Let's see you are five people on this mission. Well what do you say to a pay of 1000 gold? as he sees the widening of eyes he hastely says To the entire party and then you can split it up however you want. As for any loot you might find on the people that is behind this you may keep, but I know a man that would love to buy them. Just remember why you are doing this. remember that you are hired to help my daughter.

He stands up and walk towards a painting, a very large painting. He simply pust at the right side of the painting and it starts to turn, showing the back of the painting. There it is a map of sorts. This is the map of the city and the sewerlines as well. The Opera house is on the east side of the city. Now it is guarded with most vigilance by the City guard. You need to get in. Thanks to my status I have managed to get clarence for you to enter tonight if you want. the council fools feels it's best to make it under the cloak of darkness to avoid anyone else from entering it. Now what do you say. Shall you take on this mortal quest to save my daughter, then signe right here and we have a formal agrrement.

He hold out two quills and a owlfeather. The ink he holds in his hands are red as blood. A tradition that some hold alive, but not useing real blood anymore, but simple red coloured ink.
Sonida
 player, 32 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sat 7 Jul 2007
at 12:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
sonida takes the contract, reading it to make sure it says what he says it says, then, assuming it does, she signs her first name in small, neat script. she holds it out for the next person, then looks seriously towards the man, Your daughter is as safe as I can make her, I don't cheat my employers.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 7 posts
Sun 8 Jul 2007
at 05:38
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow kept his emotions to himself, waiting to see if everyone was as willing to sign this paper as Sonida. Anyone paying even a little amount of attention could see the monk was less then willing to sign it himself.
Maximus
 player, 14 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sun 8 Jul 2007
at 14:13
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Hmm, red ink - I like that color thought Maximus while walking over towards the contract and sighing in big letters and taking up more than his allotted space on the page.  "I'm prepared to leave tonight," accepting the map from their new employer Max starts to study the layout.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 11 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Sun 8 Jul 2007
at 14:16
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Girda signs saying simply:  "I will do all I can."
Nummy
 player, 6 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Sun 8 Jul 2007
at 15:26
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"You'd just better not be tryin' ta screw us over...and if ya ain't, my apologies...," says the dwarf as he writes his name on the paper in big block letters.  He then looks at the map and tries to discern what he can about the layout of the area, particularly of the underground sewer system.
Sonida
 player, 33 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 8 Jul 2007
at 15:34
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida looks over towards Maximus, trying to read the map. She is apparently failing, as she gives up and crosses her arms over her chest, muttering sullenly, Damn eye, before looking over in Maximus' direction again. So, as a master of languages, what do you speak? she says, giving up on being grumpy.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 8 posts
Sun 8 Jul 2007
at 19:34
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow figures this is just one of the traditions of the outside world that seemed like a rather strange to him but normal to those around him. Not waisting any more time he signs the paper after reading it throughly.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 12 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Sun 8 Jul 2007
at 22:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Do you have a problem with your eye, dear?" she asks, looking at the map along with the others...
Sonida
 player, 34 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 8 Jul 2007
at 22:46
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida rolls her eyes, Yes... dear. A dagger in the eye can do that.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:46, Mon 09 July 2007.