Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn.   Posted by DM Wolf.Group: 0
Maximus
 player, 15 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Mon 9 Jul 2007
at 01:45
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Turning towards Sonida, I speak a few languages that are common to many folk and few that are not, such as Chondathan, Elven, Giant, Sylvan and Ive been know to carry on a pretty good conversation in Draconic when I can find someone or something to speak it with.
Sonida
 player, 35 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Mon 9 Jul 2007
at 02:16
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sounds interesting, Maybe you could teach me a bit of elven and draconic?
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 9 posts
Mon 9 Jul 2007
at 02:39
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow was learning a great deal about his new found comrades. They were an eager lot, as they all wished to read the map at once. The monk allowed them to do so, trusting his allies to figure out the best manner of assault.

He also found them to be an easy going bunch, as no one would discuss such trivial matters in front of an employer. These were discussions for around the campfire, and for the long walks down the well traveled roads. The languages of Maximus and Sonida's eye trouble were of no concern to the employer.

For now Darkshadow remained still, with a fixed gaze at their employer. He had been brief before and he expected this meeting would not last much longer.
Maximus
 player, 16 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Mon 9 Jul 2007
at 04:48
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"It would be 'Seasamin', which in elvish means 'my pleasure,'" Maximus says with a smile and a slight bow.
Nummy
 player, 7 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Mon 9 Jul 2007
at 08:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"You got a dagger stuck in your eye?!?  Ouch...that hurts me to even think about it!!" Though Nummy had sustained his share of injuries before, never such a gruesome and painful one as Sonida's had he incurred.  He then shouts, "Khazd ai-mnu!  Don't screw with Nummy, Uzbad u targ u baraz!!"
Sonida
 player, 36 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Mon 9 Jul 2007
at 08:56
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Not exactly, but it did nick it, and it sliced up the side of my head pretty good. The priest I talked to couldn't heal it, something about sensitive nerves being permanently damaged. I'm fine usually, my eyes were better than perfect before, so I can throw fine, but when it's foggy or dark my blurry eye is almost completely blind. And I'm not too good at reading things from a distance either. She shrugs, a sigh mixing with a little smile. In his defense, I was trying to kill him.
Nummy
 player, 8 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 03:42
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Well, it's good ta know I'm not the only one with blurry vision and eyesight problems...it's a real bummer when my eyes quit working on me in the middle of a fight...," replies the red-bearded dwarf to the dagger-happy woman, his eyes rapidly blinking away tiny tears that are obviously fogging up his vision.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 10 posts
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 04:40
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The talk about eyesight problems was beginning to worry Darkshadow a bit. Not only would have to depend on these people, but what made it worse was the employer was right in front of them. Clearly these two have seen better days, but no sense in making that known to those that had yet seen them in action. Still, in order not to stick out to much the monk decided to join in the conversations, less his silence became noticed.

"Perhaps you can find a more powerful priestess some day."
Sonida
 player, 37 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 08:57
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
I doubt anything short of direct divine intervention could do that, and I've never quite felt like being the pet of some diety. And, of course, even with the eye, I'm still better than most everybody, If you'd like a demonstration I can entertain the tavern. She raises an eyebrow above her slightly wider grin.
DM Wolf
 GM, 20 posts
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 09:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
After hearing of all this he finally gets tired of hearinbgnabout different things. Well then I guess you'll meet me here in about let's say five hours. He looks at the people in the4 office. He begins to wonder is this the people he needs. Had he made the correct choice by letting them try and save his daughter. Only time will show.
Sonida
 player, 38 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 09:47
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida nods her head to her employer, flashig him a sympathetic smile, I repeat, if it is within my power to make your daughter safe, it's as good as done, and I'm the least moraled here. she draws a dagger in a smooth motion, setting it against he forehead and dipping it in salute, Five hours, sir... I don't believe you introduced yourself.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 13 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 21:01
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Of course you did, Master Dasarath; and word has gone out as well that Elebra the Sembian is also hiring folk - will be have to compete against another group, or is your word enough that we are all working for the same goal?  And...before you go, will you allow us to either keep the map you have here [OCC: on the back of the painting, right?  Or did Maximus already pull it down?] or make a copy?"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:03, Tue 10 July 2007.

Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 11 posts
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 21:38
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow bows to the man. His name wasn't important, nor was his look of doubt which was more then understandable.

The monk waited for him to reply to Sonida before addressing her himself,

"You can prove your skills in combat. A living, threatening target is always much harder to hit then any wooden one."

Darkshadow was beinging to doubt the young girls skills. After all, those that boasted the loudest always seemed to be most lacking.
Sonida
 player, 39 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 21:57
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
While it is a less than optimal test of skill, It is a test of skill, and it's more for our employer's benefit than yours, and I doubt anyone wishes to volunteer to be a target. her smile falters slightly as she realizes that her big mouth is causing doubts about her.
DM Wolf
 GM, 21 posts
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 23:29
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Dasarath looks strange at Sonida and replys after Girdas words. Well let's hope you can solve the mysterie better then you can remember names. As for my name it seems your companions already remembers he points at Girda. He then turns his attention back to Girda as she ask for the map. Well I guess you could have a map, but I think people would look strange at you when you walk with a one and a half meter wide painting and a map at once. Well that and the fact that it should not be here is another point. I'll gives you this and It will have to do. He opens one of the drawers and pull out a quill. He opens it and you can see that it's a complete map with names of streets and that's it. No fancy sewers map to find on it.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 14 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 23:35
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"We thank you for this.  I wonder, though, if you'd mind that I or perhaps you, Maximus, would make some marks on our map of the sewer system.  I know it might not be useful, but I always like to be as prepared as I can be..."
Sonida
 player, 40 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 10 Jul 2007
at 23:47
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Making a rough copy of the sewer map on there is a good idea, maybe charcoal sticks would be a better idea than ink, in case you make a mistake.
Maximus
 player, 17 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Wed 11 Jul 2007
at 05:49
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Fine, fine...just give me a moment," taking off his shoulder pack, Maximus searches through its contents and pulls forth a vial ink and a pen.  Taking the original map and the rough drawing that had been given to them, Max quickly outlines the sewer system and fixes up the map for better understanding.  "There that should do it then," holding up the map for a better look and nodding an approval at his work.  "OK, I believe we are now all set and the terms of our agreement are finished - we'll be back in five hours with the task completed," he hoped.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 12 posts
Wed 11 Jul 2007
at 06:38
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow returns Girda's look with a very slight nod while Sonida isn't looking. At least one person here was on the same level as he was.

There was little more to discuss and like he had planned the group was doing a fine job of dealing with the map. He had yet to see it himself, but there was little need for that right now.

Seeing as this meeting was finished, Darkshadow got up from his seat and waited for the others to do the same so they could leave. They had done enough to shake the confidence of their employer, the less time they spent here the better.
Nummy
 player, 9 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Wed 11 Jul 2007
at 07:40
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"A group, a map, a purpose, let's go," said Nummy as he got up, nodded at their new employer, and headed for the door without saying another word.  He was ready to go...there was a girl to save and possibly creatures to kill-at least a mystery to solve, and none of it could be done standing around talking.

Besides, he had grown bored with the boasting and subsequent retorts by some of his companions.  None of these folks had the power that he did, and he was ready to prove it to them by his actions.  ~One day they shall all see,~ he thought.  ~They will know that I am great, and I shan't have to say a word to teach them.~
Sonida
 player, 41 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Wed 11 Jul 2007
at 09:18
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida steps out of the room after Nummy.
Maximus
 player, 18 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Wed 11 Jul 2007
at 15:17
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Packing his things back up, Maximus nods to their new employer and heads out the door as well.
DM Wolf
 GM, 22 posts
Wed 11 Jul 2007
at 22:56
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Dasarath shakes his head. he takes a few breats and interups befor the first one really could open the door he starts to speak. Would none of you pay attention to my words he spoke woth a harch and angered voice. Not in the chance to repeat myself. In five hours it will be night. The stupid and incompitent  council elders will not let any in befor nightfall, wich should be in around five hours from now. It's guarded by the city watch and none can enter. that is where I come in and our little meeting in about five hours. I'll take you in and the guards will let you go inside and help my daughter. You need me to get you in. So i'll see you in five hours and we'll go to the Opera house and the you may hopefully help my daughter. Is everything clear now.
Sonida
 player, 42 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Wed 11 Jul 2007
at 23:02
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida elbows Maximus in the side, I apoligize that I missed my comerades idiocy, I think I speak for most of us that we got the idea quite clearly. She steps out of the room, dragging Maximus by the shirt, she gets him a few feet from the door and out of sight from their employer before shispering sharply A wizard?!?! aren't you sposed t'be a wizard? Like, smart?!
Maximus
 player, 19 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Thu 12 Jul 2007
at 05:56
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Knocking her hand away with his staff and moving back a bit from Sonida, Maximus contemplates whether or not he shouldnt blast her right now.  My dear, do not ever touch me again or speak to me in such away.   A bit more composed then before, Maximus eyes still show a bit of anger, As for being smart, I would think that it would be best to check the location before we decide to enter.  Being a bit of sneak, I thought that would come easy to you, but then again judging by your scars you havent met much success, so using your head for anything else then stopping a physical assault would be asking too much.  There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity, shaking his head and laughing inwardly at Sonida.

Now if you dont mind, I think I will go and find the dwarf, he seems to have at least some common sense.  Turning slightly from Sonida, but keeping her in sight, Maximus continues to walk out of the inn and prepares a spell at the off chance she makes some move towards him again.