Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn.   Posted by DM Wolf.Group: 0
Sonida
 player, 43 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Thu 12 Jul 2007
at 08:43
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As he steps away, a shocked looking Sonida manages th choke out a soft sob If I'm assaulting you, you'll know it. She contemplates his back as he walks out the door, then sighs and hurries after him. She pauses a few yards behind him, looking at his back for a second, then catches up. When he's close enough to hear, she says sheepishly, I'm sorry.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 13 posts
Thu 12 Jul 2007
at 09:35
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The monk respectfully bows to their employer and speak in a calm voice,

"I believe emotions are high for you and some of my comrades, so this must simply a misunderstanding. Like the others I wish to go to the building during daylight hours. Many things could happen and we would be poorly serving you if we did not at least check them out. In all likely hood you are quite correct and we are wasting our time, but then whatever we would have done with the next five hours would have been a waste."

Giving a glance towards Sonida and Maximus he continues,

"If our appearant lack of common manners and civility bothers you, I understand fully and appoligize; however, keep in mind you are not paying us to be prim and proper. You are paying us to do something that will probably involve fighting, sneaking, and other acts of questionable civility... Do you have any more questions or requests for us before we leave?"

Darkshadow glanced at Girda to see if she had anything to add. She appeared to be the only one besides himself that knew how to talk in a polite and well thoughtout manner. Helm wasn't his patron god, but he was quickly learning his clerics were worth his respect.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 15 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Thu 12 Jul 2007
at 11:41
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Girda watches some of her companions go, but does not move a inch from where she has stood, stock-still, since she suggested that Maximus copy the map.  Girda gave Dasarath a small bow.  "MY new companion speaks truly.  Emotions are high, and while our day will be long with waiting until you can lead us thither; our night may be long with peril.  Facing the End, everyman feels apprehension, though some are better able to deal with it.  I, too, would see this building, and get a sense of it.  Then I will wait in prayer for the appointed time.

Master Dasarath, you would like to meet here in five hours time, when the night bells ring?"
Maximus
 player, 20 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Thu 12 Jul 2007
at 16:31
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida's apology gives Maximus a pause before continuing, " Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were.  The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.  You are forgiven, but I have a long memory."

Waiting for the others to regroup outside, Maximus pulls out the map, "we have a bit of work to do before we enter the establishment tonight.  The sewers may contain a point of passage to and from this place for our villains and Id like get a general layout of the grounds before we enter tonight.  I think maybe we should check out the grounds first, unless anyone has any other suggestions?"
Sonida
 player, 44 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Thu 12 Jul 2007
at 21:50
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
They say it's haunted, so we should plan for ghosts. I'm useless against anything spirity unless there's something you could do to make my knives hurt it, and not that good then, any ghost-smashing would be better left to the dwarf. There's also the chance that the haunting is just a front, so we should be prepared for that, so any spels you ready need be useful in either case. She becomes easily distracted from the resolved fight as he starts off the planning. She begins going through possibilities and contingencies like she lives and breathes them. It's obvious that this is what she is good at.
Maximus
 player, 21 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Fri 13 Jul 2007
at 05:12
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
With one raised eyebrow, Maximus listens to Sonida and nods a bit, "I am ready to battle living or dead, my spells will burn both if need be..."

"We should get a look at the place soon, but we all shouldn't go gallivanting around together.  Maybe a more subtle approach would be best first," looking to Sonida and then Fredrick.

OCC Is there an entrance to the sewers close to the opera house on the map?
Sonida
 player, 45 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 13 Jul 2007
at 08:34
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Each of us doing a separate reconissanse would be good, we just have to make sure that we don't look too interested in the place. If we can do that in less than five hours, it would probably be a good idea to get some sleep for the rest of it, this is likely to be an all nighter.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 16 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Fri 13 Jul 2007
at 10:59
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Girda comes up with Darkshadow at the end of conversation.  You might wonder if the frown is part of the Order, or it's there naturally.  You might not, also.  It's going to be a big day.

"If the place is guarded, then it's probable that many go to look at it, or that it's in a well-trafficed location.  It is an Opera House, so one could guess that it'll be someplace where many could go easily and would want to do so; probably a nice area of town. Therefore, I would rather go with others rather than alone, for one's discovery revealed may lead to another's.

Regardless, I would like to see the place; and I would like to get a sense of where some of these sewer tunnels come up; and what temples or shrines are near; in case the undying are overpowering.  Then I would rest, and perhaps acquire some additional elements before we enter."
DM Wolf
 GM, 23 posts
Fri 13 Jul 2007
at 11:34
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Dasarath is taken by the words of Fredrick. I know what I'm paying you for, But one of those things are to pay attention to what I'm saying. I don't care if you where as unpolite and well mannered as a orc as long as you can get the job done and pay attaention so that you don't do anything tht could endanger the mission. As for the opera house it's right near the City Hall in the senter of town. It's also a marked nearby and it's close to the rich peoples homes. With that I beg that you leave and make whatever preperations that you feel necessary.

OCC:
Map over the sewers.

well there is one about 50 ft from the opera house in West, North, South and East. All are 50 ft away. or atleast around that number you figure out after looking at the map.
Maximus
 player, 22 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Fri 13 Jul 2007
at 16:14
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"OK, so a couple of the more stealthy people here can check out the outer rim of the opera house - possibility Sondia and Fredrick.  The rest of us will explore some of the sewer lines leading up to the opera house.  We should meet back up at the Inn again in about four hours to discuss what we've seen and I'm sure some of who is sewer delving could use a bath."
Sonida
 player, 46 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 13 Jul 2007
at 21:42
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
May I suggest that, instead of sending the sneaky ones to check out the opera house, send those who look like they belong in that part of town to where they will attract less attention, and send sneaky ones into the sewers, as I don't think the city is too keen on having people lurking in it's sewers.

She looks over at the city-map, trying to figure out what part of town the opera house is in. (cue DM)
Girda, of Helm
 player, 17 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Fri 13 Jul 2007
at 23:26
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
GIrda nods.  "I will examine the perimeter, on the surface.  Maximus, I request that you come with me."
Sonida
 player, 47 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 13 Jul 2007
at 23:29
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida grins, still looking at the map. You just don't want to get dirty.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 18 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 00:11
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Girda smiles "I've been dirty before, sister.  It's only fun the first few times.  Besides, who'll walk the outside?  I bet it's a beautiful building."
Sonida
 player, 48 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 02:05
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Dirty is only fun when it doesn't smell.
Maximus
 player, 23 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 05:11
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Sounds like we have a plan then, let's get going so that we can meet back at the inn to put together what we're found out."
Sonida
 player, 49 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 08:37
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
One question, I know you wizards have a way of cleaning things off, have one of those ready? I really don't want to be covered in sewage any longer than necessary.
Nummy
 player, 10 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 09:41
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Your bleary-eyed dwarf companion turns to everyone who has followed and are making plans, and simply states, "Dirty sewers don't bother me-I have enough soap for an extra bath besides my monthly ones...and if there's anything lurking down there, I'm in the mood to kill...it will help the time fly by faster."  Nummy waits to see who will be joining him in investigating any sewer lines which may be available, swatting a large strange bug on his arm, then picking it up to squeeze out its juices before flicking it away.
DM Wolf
 GM, 24 posts
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 13:02
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Many heads turn at the word of murderous rage of the dwarf and some move there hands closer to there trusted weapons. Atleast 15 people seems ready to cut the dwarf down if he should feel the urge to try and kill something. The Innkeeper walks over to the groupe and look strangly at the dwarf and says You may very well feel the need to kill something, but not at my place and please take a bath. The flies seem to attracted by you. A couple of flies are bussying over the dwarfes head. some of the people seems to be holding for the noses. The innkeepers continues talking after a few seconeds of silents. I hope everything went okey with you young master and lady. I wish you the best of luck. You are going to need it befor the day ends. With that he walks away and returnj to his guest.

OCC:
The opera house will be near the City Hall and the rich peoples districet. the closes marked is not to far away, but one would expect to find many of the towns finer shops and people close by with there bodyguards.
Sonida
 player, 50 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 15:09
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
I try to do my best to minimize loss of life. Everyone you kill is a person, with a life and friends. Even if they're not a good person, that just raises the probability that their friends would be willing to return the favor, she whispers to nummy as the barkeep turns away, she then says, louder, Where would the nearest place to get a hot bath for the dwarf be?
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 14 posts
Sun 15 Jul 2007
at 03:25
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Yet again Darkshadow sees the complete lack of social graces by his comrades. This time he simply remains ready to see if someone that doesn't care for dwarfs decides to take advantage of this.

Seeing as how this was getting them no where he looks over to Nummy and speaks softly so as others can not overhear,

"My good dwarf, I believe this is a time for stealth. Your time will come, but for now let me and Sonida go it alone."

As long as the dwarf agress Darkshadow goes up to Sonida and again speaks softly so as the others will not overhear,

"Shall we go?"


If she agrees Darkshadow will make his way towards the sewer entrance, but will wait to enter any of them until he has seen them all.
Maximus
 player, 24 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sun 15 Jul 2007
at 04:09
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida:
One question, I know you wizards have a way of cleaning things off, have one of those ready? I really don't want to be covered in sewage any longer than necessary.


"Hmmm, let me see...I think I have a flask of Alchemist's fire or would you prefer a flask of acid.  Either one will clean off pretty much anything on you and I guarantee that sewage will no longer be your problem," he says with a bit of a chuckle.  Turning to Girda, "well my dear, shall we..." indicating that they be underway for their walk around of the complex.
Sonida
 player, 54 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 15 Jul 2007
at 07:08
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
I do believe I could grow to hate you Maximus. she says with a similar chuckle, though an octave higher, Make sure the dwarf doesn't call attention to himself up there, if he can't be quiet, use him as a distraction, just make sure he doesn't get himself arrested.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 23 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Sun 15 Jul 2007
at 11:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Girda smiles wryly.  "Nummy, the Opera House in broad daylight might not be the best place for you.  We won't be gone long.  If you prefer, you could make sure your axe was well sharpened, and that we had a set of supplies suitable for working in the dark, and quite possibly, undrground.  There is _no one better_" she says with the quiet confidence that comes with complete faith "No one better than you to make sure that we have what we need.  I ask you do to that."
Sonida
 player, 55 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 15 Jul 2007
at 21:28
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
and be sure to get something for those of us who can't see in the dark

This message was last edited by the player at 00:39, Tue 17 July 2007.