Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn.   Posted by DM Wolf.Group: 0
Sonida
 player, 56 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 17 Jul 2007
at 00:42
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida rummages through her pack and hands a bundle, a cloak and a wollen shirt, to maximus, Hold these, I want something clean when I get out of the sewers. she reshoulders her pack, then turns to the rest again, We've got four hours, let's get going.
Nummy
 player, 11 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Tue 17 Jul 2007
at 02:53
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Nummy says gruffly, "Who needs a bath?  I haven't been in the sewers yet!"  He then says, "Well it appears that I'm off to look for supplies for the rest of you who didn't come prepared like me.  I'll be grabbing some sunrods for you who can't see in the dark if I can find any...any other requests before I go?  I hope to get paid for whatever I spend mind you!  And if you expect me to buy lots o' stuff, I expect payment in advance."  After all orders have been placed, the dwarf heads out looking for the nearest equipment shop.  He has enough money to buy three sunrods unless he needs to buy other things as well.  ~Why can't other folks do their own shopping?  Geesh...leave it to the dwarf to do their menial chores...,~ he thinks as he looks for the needed items.
Maximus
 player, 26 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Tue 17 Jul 2007
at 04:56
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus stuffs Sonida's belonging into his pack, "Ahh, a light source you say.  Well I think that I have a solution for that," Maximus pulls off a cloth that was covering the top of his staff and a flame, equivalent in brightness to a torch, springs forth from his staff.  Then covering it back up with the cloth again Maximus leans over to the dwarf, "I won't be needing anything, thank-you."
Sonida
 player, 57 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 17 Jul 2007
at 08:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
I won't need much, one of those rods will do.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 24 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Tue 17 Jul 2007
at 09:35
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"I have one healing kit...it might be that another was a good idea."
Nummy
 player, 12 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Tue 17 Jul 2007
at 10:42
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Nummy tells Girda, "I'll be needing 50 GP from ya if ya want a healer's kit...I'm kinda broke right now."
Girda, of Helm
 player, 27 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Wed 18 Jul 2007
at 00:23
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"I have just enough."  she smiles and carefully counts out the 50.  "Remember to thank Helm for his generosity should you have need of it, though I pray we don't."
DM Wolf
 GM, 26 posts
Thu 19 Jul 2007
at 02:46
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
After making there discussions the party moves on. Girda, of Helm and the wizard Maximus leaves for the street tour of the Opera House while underneath their feet's the two more stealthy creatures stalk the sewers and enjoy the deliciouses aroma of a wast amount of sewage. Out of the shadow there is no other then the agile and stealthy Sonida looking trough the sewers. Luckily she does not have to walk in sewage any higher then to her ankles and the mysterious monk Fredrick. They search both high and low trough the wast network that is the sewers. Not to far away the way the birds fly the trusted warrior called Nummy makes his way to the merchants and get the supplies for the party. He is the first to return from his quest for items the others needs. He enters the inn after around a 45 minute tour because of many people in the street and stores he visits. One suspicious looking halfling tries to sell him a watch dog that seems to have been very old saying "He might look old, but he makes up for that with experience."

Girda of Helm and Maximus the wizard are having a look at the surroundings around the  Opera House. They notice that the entrance to the sewers are well lighted with two powerful lamps burning(well would most likely in the night time). The Opera House is the seconded largest building around, only to be dwarfed by the share size of the City Hall that also holds the courts of the Town. The Opera House is a at least 5 floors  high and holds many windows made of colored glass that would most likely make a nice picture on the inside. The area and entrances are well guarded with at least 3 guards patrolling the area and 2 guards at both the entrances.

Meanwhile in the sewers the others are very unsuccessfully finds nothing but that the sewers holds some rusty coins and child toys. Well that and a large number of rats.  Two times the two people inside the sewers hears something move behind them, but never sees anything. There are no patrols down here and not to many people there as well. They do not see anything other then nice masonry. There are a wast numbers of cross linking sewers that would have served nicely if ever going to try and lose someone that was following.

Slowly they return once more to the Inn. Nummy sits waiting the longest time, but not to long after a hours has passed he is joined by Girda, of Helm and Maximus the wizard. Around 1 hour after the two others joined Nummy in the inn they are again able to see there entire party being assembled with the return of the smelly form of Sonida and Fredrick right out of the sewers. Most people try to avoid them on there way out and as the Innkeeper passes he stops only to say a few well made words "You two might need a bath or else I trust you can find the way out. You are making my guest feeling quite disgusted." and then he walks of again serving more people ale and wine.
Nummy
 player, 13 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Thu 19 Jul 2007
at 04:00
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Upon the return of the others, Nummy tells them about the halfling who tried to sell him the dog.  "If any of you are interested in buying him, just let me know.  I almost bought him myself just to make sure he would be well taken care of, but I decided not to as our current mission may be hampered by such an animal.  However, he could prove useful...I'm sure I can find the halfling and the old mutt again if any of you decide you want it."

When he smells those who came out of the sewers, he says, "Now even I can say you smell awful, and I haven't had a bath in weeks.  Look-even the flies are leaving me alone to swarm around you!"  The dwarf hacks and coughs and puts his arm across his nose to block the putrid smell.

He then rummages through his backpack and retrieves Girdas Healer's Kit, handing it to the Priest of Helm.  He then takes out a gives to Sonida a Sunrod, winking at her and saying, "It's on me sweetheart...you may find the chance to return a favor to me someday should I need your help...or maybe just your company."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:05, Thu 19 July 2007.

Maximus
 player, 28 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Thu 19 Jul 2007
at 04:47
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus sits down at the table and orders another herbal tea from the innkeeper.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 17 posts
Thu 19 Jul 2007
at 06:33
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick isn't pleased with attracting so much attention with his smell, but to do anything about it now would prove to be futile. There was a strong chance they would be going back in the sewers before long, but that couldn't excuse him from ruining the other's meals. As the bartender makes his little comment the monk quickly replies,

"I will heed that suggestion once my duties are completed. Until then I'll leave your tavern in piece."

He looked at his comrades,

"If you need me I'll be in the stables meditating on our upcoming problem. We found little of use down there, but there could be something alive that may be a threat."

As he left he gave Nammy a harsh glare. Normally he would let it go, but his boorish behavior towards himself and the additional comment to Sonida annoyed the monk.

"It must be that noise of yours, seeing as it is so much closer to the ground."

Not waiting for what was sure to be an angry reply he allowed the dwarf to talk to his back if he wished. Plus, he knew no self respecting dwarf would strike a man in the back.
Sonida
 player, 64 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Thu 19 Jul 2007
at 09:01
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida tucks the rod into her pack, chuckling at the dwarf's suggestion, Not much down there but rats, though I wouldn't clear it as safe. Now,  I'm going to follow the innkeeper's instructions and get a bath. she retrieves the shirt and cloak from Maximus then gets a room with a washtub from the innkeeper and disappears upstairs. After five or so minutes, she comes back down, the heavy wollen shirt hanging off her frame, and the light pair of pants that were under her armor clinging wetly to her legs. She has wrapped her cloak around her shouolders tightly, shivering slightly. She walks to the table, brushing a damp clump of hair out of her eyes, Cold bathwater she says with a shiver. She reaches into a cloak pocket, drawing out a pair of gold goins and sliding them across the table to Nummy, It may be boring, but guard work pays.

With that she walks outside to the stables, yelling in to Fredrick, There's a room upstairs with a tub in it, put my boots back in to soak when you're done. She returns to the tavern, sitting down and brushing the dirt off her bare feet. She tosses tucks the errant strand of hair behind her ear this time, then asks, How did yours go?

This message was last edited by the player at 09:04, Thu 19 July 2007.

Girda, of Helm
 player, 30 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Thu 19 Jul 2007
at 09:58
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Once confirming that there was nothing of critical importance, Girda excused herself - she needed to pray; the spells she had ready were not the ones she though might be needed; guidance would be saught.

On her departure, she asks if there is a temple to Helm near; if there isn't, then maybe there is one of Torm nearby where she could take sanctuary until the appointed hour?
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 18 posts
Mon 23 Jul 2007
at 00:10
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Either Fredrick didn't hear Sonida, or he is simply ignoring her. He does not come in when she calls, nor does he even reply.
Sonida
 player, 66 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Mon 23 Jul 2007
at 00:24
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida isn't at all phased by Fredrick ignoring her, she was just letting him know a bath was available if he desired.
DM Wolf
 GM, 28 posts
Wed 25 Jul 2007
at 20:06
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
After an hour had past and maybe a few minuets after there employer stepped trough not the front door, but the office door and signed for you to follow and then he walked out the front door and headed towards the Opera House. He walked in a quick pace and seemed to always walk at least 10 feet in front of the rest. he sometimes throws his head around to check that everyone is following and not falling behind. As they make a final turn the Opera House starts to fill more and more of there view. Dasarath started talking as you first saw the House. One main Opera Hall and two smaller ones. As you can see there are a lot of space to search trough so I would suggest that you start now and move quickly. There is not much time. He then faced the guards. He spoke in a voice full of confidence and authority. These people work for me and the city. You shall let them pass and do what they are paid to do. The guards saluted and removed there halberds from the door. They opened the door and all you could see was a deserted entrance hall. Dasarath walked as quickly as he had over there away from the building leaving you with the guards.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 31 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Thu 26 Jul 2007
at 02:16
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Dasarath, I thank you, and Helm thanks you for the opportunity to do good here and now.  Do not worry.  Instead, pray."

With these short words, Girda enters...
Nummy
 player, 14 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Thu 26 Jul 2007
at 04:08
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Nummy steps in next, over-eager in wanting to get a look at this place.  He stands in the foyer and admires the architecture, art, and decor.  ~If only I could afford to hang with folks who frequent classy joints like this...perhaps one day soon...,~ he thinks.
Maximus
 player, 29 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Thu 26 Jul 2007
at 05:19
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus enters after next using his staff as to aid him although it was just for show.  Looking around Max keeps an eye peeled for anything unusual.

01:18, Today: Maximus rolled 22 using 1d20+4. search.
01:18, Today: Maximus rolled 5 using 1d20+1. listen.
01:18, Today: Maximus rolled 19 using 1d20+1. spot.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 19 posts
Thu 26 Jul 2007
at 05:54
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow pauses at the entrace, makes a sign with his hands, and mutters a few words to himself before entering the hall. The sign and words seemed religious in nature. He was the last to enter, taking up a rear guard position.
Sonida
 player, 67 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Thu 26 Jul 2007
at 07:55
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida steps in, looking around and alert for danger.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 32 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Fri 27 Jul 2007
at 01:27
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Who among us will carry the light?  I will, if need be, though I would rather rely on my shield."
Nummy
 player, 15 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Fri 27 Jul 2007
at 03:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
OOC:  Here are my rolls I forgot to add to the last post; remember that Nummy has Stonecunning (gets a +2 to notice unusual stonework and can auto check if within 10 ft. without even searching)...if there is anything to be found.

22:25, Today: Nummy rolled 3 using 1d20. Search.
22:24, Today: Nummy rolled 14 using 1d20+1. Spot.
22:24, Today: Nummy rolled 21 using 1d20+1. Listen.
*****************************************************
"I do not wish to hold yon sunrod, as my magic shield's protection is much more important than light to my Dwarven eyes, blurry though they may get sometimes," the fighter responds to the Priest of Helm.  "But if need be, I will hold it...just be prepared that if a fight breaks out, I'll drop it on the ground ready to defend myself."
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 20 posts
Fri 27 Jul 2007
at 05:22
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Richard silently pulls out his magical torch, and pulls off the black cloth covering it.

"I'll keep an eye on the rear with this."

Richard will do just that, making sure nothing came from behind without him noticing.
Maximus
 player, 30 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Fri 27 Jul 2007
at 05:24
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus smiles a bit at the others and reaches up to a cloth that has been covering the tip of his staff and removes it.  In a blink a flame spurts forth lighting up the area a torch would, "I'll handle the light source..."