Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn.   Posted by DM Wolf.Group: 0
Sonida
 player, 68 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 27 Jul 2007
at 08:45
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida sticks her sunrod in her belt, ready for use if it is needed, but not taking up a hand. She takes out one of her normal daggers, keeping it ready to throw.

So, me and Nummy in the front, Maximus and girda behind, and Fredrick in the back?
DM Wolf
 GM, 29 posts
Fri 27 Jul 2007
at 16:16
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As the party is discussing who will be where it happens. From the left hall child laughter is heard. Before anyone can react fires burst out everywhere as the child laughter comes closer. it comes slowly and the doors goes suddenly and very forcefully    shut. Not long after that the doors into the other corridors closes. As the small child laughter is heard you can clearly see some form of a young humanoid at least walking inside the fires. You feel the heat from the fire come closer and closer before suddenly it all turns black.
Sonida
 player, 69 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Fri 27 Jul 2007
at 21:24
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
PM:
Girda, of Helm
 player, 33 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Sat 28 Jul 2007
at 13:24
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
PM
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 21 posts
Sun 29 Jul 2007
at 07:01
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
P.M.
Maximus
 player, 31 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sun 29 Jul 2007
at 19:09
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
PM

This message was last edited by the player at 19:10, Sun 29 July 2007.

Nummy
 player, 17 posts
 Init +4; AC 19/17/12
 HP 35/35; F+6,R+3, W+2
Sat 4 Aug 2007
at 03:27
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
PM
Girda, of Helm
 player, 40 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Tue 21 Aug 2007
at 01:36
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
PM
DM Wolf
 GM, 37 posts
Tue 4 Sep 2007
at 16:33
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus is the first to come back to his senses. As he gets up he sees all the others on the floor pale as new fallen snow. They don't seem to respond to anything and the sun is starting to shine again outside. The next to awaken is Fredrick. He seems shacky at first but quickly gets back to normal. Sonida is then the one next to wake up. AS she gets up she feels clearly that she fell quickly and hit her head. Girda is the last to wake up. Strangely the dwarf is not anywhere to bee seen. There is no sign of something happen here. Nothing seems to be out of place. All is like when you last looked around. The only thing is that it's lighter.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 26 posts
Tue 4 Sep 2007
at 22:00
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick doesn't stand up right away, instead he sits there cross-legged until the others awake. When everyone's awake,

"I take it we all had a rather strange dream... Did anyone see Nummy in their dreams?"

Fredrick is rather calm, doing his best to quell the horrible dream he had. Clearly there was a great evil at work here, but was the girl part of it or a victim of it.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 47 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Tue 4 Sep 2007
at 22:58
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Girda slowly gets up and with a somber air, brushes down her tabard.  "I did not see Nummy.  I did have a long and interesting chat with Lilly, though.  There is much to do here, but my guess is that little is as it seems."
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 27 posts
Wed 5 Sep 2007
at 03:35
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick nodded to Girda knowing full well there was a great deal here he did not understand yet,

"You wouldn't have seen a tomb in your dream would you?"
Maximus
 player, 35 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Wed 5 Sep 2007
at 05:44
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As the others awake they see Maximus leaning against his staff and standing guard over them like a great wyrm red dragon watching over his horde.  The top of Maximus’s staff was still ablaze, casting eerie shadows about the room as more bright rays start to pour in from outside.

In responds to Fredrick, “Aye, I did have tomb in my dream as well and a little ghost girl by the name of Lily,” he says with a raised eyebrow.
Sonida
 player, 82 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Wed 5 Sep 2007
at 09:05
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida pushes herself off the floor slowly, rubbing her forehead, Dream, lily, sounds about right.
Girda, of Helm
 player, 48 posts
 I -0, AC 18, 16, 12
 HP 15/15, FRW 416
Thu 6 Sep 2007
at 10:47
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Hmmm, with all of us having some facets of the same 'dream' would indicate that it was no dream.  The question is then whether we look above before heading below, or seek out a way down; if there is a tomb here, it is likely to be low..."
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 28 posts
Sat 8 Sep 2007
at 06:47
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick nods as it become clear what has been going on,

"I suggest we head low first, as a truly innocent young girl would not be able to fend for herself very long. By any chance did anyone see any signs on the tomb? I saw four, but I only knew the meaning of three of them."
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 30 posts
Mon 17 Sep 2007
at 23:34
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick shrugged at the silence, perhaps the others were still trying to get over the shock of their dreams or visions. His training had allowed him to shrug off such things, but then he was sure the others were more adapt in other areas.

"Let's head downward then."

Fredrick looks for stairs or any other method of getting to the lower levels of this cursed building.
Sonida
 player, 83 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Wed 19 Sep 2007
at 08:41
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida stands up shakily, but quickly regains her composure, striding off behind Fredrick.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:41, Wed 19 Sept 2007.

Maximus
 player, 37 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Thu 20 Sep 2007
at 11:39
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus nods to Fredericks word. Yes let's move down. before moving after the others his staff still ablaze, casting eerie shadows as they moved towards the stairs wherever they might be.
DM Wolf
 GM, 40 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Thu 20 Sep 2007
at 11:55
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
You spend a few minutes before finding a way down. AS you move down the stairs you feel that it's very cold. around the same as you experienced in the vivid dream you had. There are no light on down here, but some torches are hanging on the wall. The only light you got is the staff that Maximus is holding. You see that the path now breaks into three. A corridor to the left. One to the right and one straight a head. You hear footsteps moving around but can see none in the room. You also see  a few doors. there is a thick layer of dust on the floor and your footsteps are easily seen.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 31 posts
Thu 20 Sep 2007
at 19:52
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick takes his everburning torch and unwraps it, giving the group even more light to spot traps and other nasty things with. As he unwraps his torch he glances back to Sonida and whispers,

"You want to check the doors for traps and see if any of them have been used recently?"

Fredrick hoped that perhaps one or two were rusted over so that their choice would be easier.
Sonida
 player, 84 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Thu 20 Sep 2007
at 21:05
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida nods, and takes her time on the doors, not taking any chances, as there's no need for urgency.

(take 20, search 29, disable devices 31 if needed)
Maximus
 player, 38 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Fri 21 Sep 2007
at 05:24
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Seeing the unlit torches on the wall sconces, Maximus smiles a bit and raises his hand and wills part of his innate spell ability and shoots out a fiery ball of fire that ignites each of the torches as he gets within 30 feet of each unlit torch.   Maximus fires ball after ball of fire from his fingertips immensely enjoying the feeling of power coursing through is body.  Hungrily looking from something offensive to stand in his way, Max impatiently waits for Sonida to check for traps and signs of danger.

OOC - Using Fiery Burst Feat
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 32 posts
Fri 21 Sep 2007
at 06:13
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick raises an eyebrow a bit at Maximus' show of power. Not really wanting to risk makeing more noise then needed he giving a nod of approval at the spell caster before going back to watching over Sonida.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:14, Fri 21 Sept 2007.

DM Wolf
 GM, 41 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Sat 22 Sep 2007
at 12:51
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As the torches are lit  or at least some of the. The area lights up and Sonida has more then enough light to search for traps. If anyone where to be in the corridors you would be discovered because of the light in the normally dark corridors.