Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn.   Posted by DM Wolf.Group: 0
Sonida
 player, 85 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sat 22 Sep 2007
at 14:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida shrugs, Looks safe enough. pulls out one of her daggers, turns the doorknob, and kicks open the door.
DM Wolf
 GM, 42 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Sun 23 Sep 2007
at 19:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Inside the room there is not much. there are some furniture and a fireplace. The torches in this room is lit and give the room a good deal of light. In the middle of the room there is something special. On a pedestal there is a box. It is in rosewood paint and is about the size of a mans hands. Around the pedestal there is a red circle and there is many different signs around it.
Maximus
 player, 40 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Mon 24 Sep 2007
at 04:11
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Looking at the circle around the statue, Maximus's jaw clenches a bit, "those are arcane markings, perhaps some sort of ward keeping that box protected."
Sonida
 player, 86 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Mon 24 Sep 2007
at 10:01
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
I'm fine with mechanical traps, but anything on that is your department Maximus.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 33 posts
Mon 24 Sep 2007
at 23:01
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow will take a closer look at some of the signs, letting the others discuss traps and such. He was not very experienced in such things, but he might have some knowledge of the signs.
Maximus
 player, 41 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Tue 25 Sep 2007
at 04:43
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Walking around the parameter of the circle, Max begins to try and decipher the runes.

00:42, Today: Maximus rolled 27 using 1d20+11. Spellcraft.
00:41, Today: Maximus rolled 15 using 1d20+9. Decipher Script   

DM Wolf
 GM, 43 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Tue 25 Sep 2007
at 20:11
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus studies the markings for a few minutes. the room seems quiet and nothing happened or is sounded in the corridors. Sonida manage to spot a book that is in a chair. The book is dressed in black leather and has read writings on it. The letters form the words. The journal of Zebelsa

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:13, Tue 25 Sept 2007.

Maximus
 player, 42 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Wed 26 Sep 2007
at 05:31
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"The runes are not known to me," says Maximus with a raised eyebrow.
Sonida
 player, 87 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 30 Sep 2007
at 21:30
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
There was a box in the dream... more of a tomb, and bigger...
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 35 posts
Mon 1 Oct 2007
at 11:14
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow nods,

"Yes, there was a tomb in my dream as well. It seemed to frighten the girl quite a bit and was just about to open itself when I awoke. There is something evil in that box, or at least something very important to solving our problem. Why don't we leave it alone until we have a better idea of what's inside."

Fredrick looks around the room and whispers,

"I heard footsteps when we first came down, now I hear nothing..."
DM Wolf
 GM, 47 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Tue 2 Oct 2007
at 21:02
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Girda looks at the box. she had spent most of her time in the back of the group listening in on what the others where thinking. She looked hard at it and decided to try it. She crossed the line and nothing happened. She looked at Maximus. She then touched the box. The room fills in a bright light and you get blinded for a few moments until the light ends and the room is back to normal. Well almost. Girda is gone and a man, almost ghost like is standing outside the box. He smiles at you before speaking. His voice is like fingernails against a blackboard, Ah finally guests. I most warn you to not try to do what your friend did. As you can see it can have dire consequences for that person who touch the box. Now what are you doing down here. None has tried to touch the box in many years. Why did you?
Sonida
 player, 89 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Tue 2 Oct 2007
at 21:05
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
I didn't touch it... but there's a little girl who got lost...
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 36 posts
Tue 2 Oct 2007
at 21:12
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick didn't object when Girda went to touch the box, but once she had he instantly regretted it lack of voice. At first he had a moment of great saddness, but he let it pass quickly. Now was not the time.

With a forced bow of respect towards the spector Darkshadow stepped forward, being careful not to cross what he assumed was a protective line.

"We were lead here by a vision and are in search of a young girl. If you would be so kind as to tell what has just happened to our comrade? I can not speak for her heart, but I did not sense any ill intention when she touched the box."

Darkshadow prepaired himself for the spector's responce, determined not to flinch at the sound of his voice.
DM Wolf
 GM, 48 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Fri 5 Oct 2007
at 22:10
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The man looked at Sonida with a curious look. What are you talking about. My question was not if you touch it. Why would I speak to you then. You would not be here if you touch the box. he shakes his head and seemed to largely ignore Sonida. Intentions are just as hard to read as a persons heart. As for your friend I do not know where she is, but I know she is far away from here. You still have not answeared why you are here and trying to touch the box wich I have made some effort into protect.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 37 posts
Sat 6 Oct 2007
at 05:00
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick glanced at Sonida just as he had when she had spoken out in front of their employer. Without a second thought he tries again to take change of the more refined part of adventuring,

"My apoligies, but seeing an ally disappear is rather difficult to deal with so quickly and calmly. As we said before, here in search of a lost girl. We are searching here because each of us had a vision which made it rather clear this room and perhaps that box has something to do with the diappearence of that little girl. In my vision that box was a tomb, and the little girl was clearly afraid of it. Perhaps you would have a better idea of why we were lead here."

Darkshadow slowly walked way from the rest of the group, leaving the specter a choice of who it would face and who he would expose his flank to.
Maximus
 player, 44 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 00:02
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Seeing Girda disappear bothered Maximus more then his expressions showed.  At first Max stood in silence as fear gripped him and then his fear turned to anger.  Maxs clenched, he tightened his grip on his staff and chest was heaving due to increased breathing.  How dare this happen, how dare this place consume a companion of his.  Maximus had a bad temper and one that was easily set off and whenever he felt threaten Max always fired first and asked question later.  With fires burning behind his eyes he silently cursed the being in front of him and almost by instinct raised his hand fired off a blazing ball of fire that exploded when it hit the ghostly image.

20:00, Today: Maximus rolled 6 using 2d6. fiery burst damage.
Sonida
 player, 90 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 03:35
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida backs up, standing right inside the door, ready to bolt, Idiot!
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 38 posts
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 09:40
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow backed away from the spector as he yelled at the mage,

"What are you doing?"

Truly this group was not the more professional type he had hoped to set himself up with. At least Sonida had nothing to do with this.

The monk found himself looking at the spector waiting to see what the reply would be. He took up a defensive stance, and knew at once where his loyality was,

"Spector it was not my intention to attack. I am here for the sake of the girl only."

The monk moved quickly to give the spector a free charge towards the mage if he so wished it. If the mage was going to be foolish enough to attack, then he had certainly be able to defend himself.

OOC: Full defensive for the round, plus making sure he has no AOO if the spector charges the mage.
Sonida
 player, 91 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 10:48
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
mine translates to a 5ft step and a readied action to run
DM Wolf
 GM, 49 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 12:01
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The fire balls go trough the image. One can easely see that it has not helped to make him more friendly. His voice gathers strength and his voice goes into your spine and your ear hurts while he speak. So terrible is his voice. You fool. How dare you enter and destroy my rest and attack me. He holds himself within the circle and the room starts to shake. You attack one of the guardians of Imshires Tomb. You fool. Had we not been here for so many years so many centuries this place would resemble the pits in the Abyss and the people enslaved under his rule. After the harsh words the room calms down and stop shaking. This girl you are speaking of. What has happened to her and where.
Sonida
 player, 93 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 12:11
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida seems to be trying very hard not to hyperventilate, and looks to Fredrick to explain, not wanting to both draw the image's attention nor risk angering it.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 40 posts
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 12:51
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow returns the look to Sonida,

"Perhaps it would be best if our dear mage takes a moment to relax."

The monk motioning for Sonida to deal with him as he turns his back to the pair.

Darkshadow returns to a more conversational distance to the spector, staying outside the circle, and gives a simple respectful bow. He relates the entire story of the girl in as much detail as he can muster. Everything from the details of the girl to their employer. This was not the time for tricks or half-truths as he was going to trust the spector and hoped for its help.
Maximus
 player, 45 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 13:39
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
His jaw still clenched Maximus stares at the spectre ready to unleash a spell if pushed any further.  Listening to the spectre rattle off his treats and insults Max stands ready while a bit of smirk crosses his face and a wild look in eye.
Sonida
 player, 94 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 20:12
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida steps next to maximus, visibly nervous to be this far into the room.
DM Wolf
 GM, 51 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Sun 7 Oct 2007
at 21:58
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The aging man nods and for a long time he thinks. A little girl laughter is heard. A little girl appear. She looks familiar. It takes a few seconds before it is clear. It's Lilly. She whispers into the older mans ear. He smile and says to her. Go my child. Play. Enjoy yourself. As quickly as she appeared she goes away and laughing. She smiles at you. As he sees your expression he smiles. My sister. She was one of the first. One of the first victims. I visited her in the past. I took it upon myself to make sure that it did not happen again. I became the first. She still walk the halls. Many little girls has been taken after we started. We are still fighting to contain the evil within. I am now locked away here. Guarding the box against all who seek it until it can be destroyed. Underneath our feets are a great dungeon in which he was kept for so many years. That was before they build this place. He tried to escape. Maybe you can help. We have searched for the heart. A spesial heart,. His heart. Inside here we got a special liquid. It should do the tricks for the spell. Make sure he does not harm anyone again. He was a powerful mage. Much more powerful then yours. He looks around. He looks at the fireplace. He waves his arm and a door is seen. It opens and behind it stands a elf and a human. They look just a shocked as you do. Inside that room you'll find a red marking. Press it and say. Med mitt blod skal du pne. You will bleed a little as a needle goes into your flesh, but it should open the door. Return his heart to me and all should be well.