Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn.   Posted by DM Wolf.Group: 0
Maximus
 player, 47 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Mon 8 Oct 2007
at 02:41
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Turning quickly towards the door indicated by the spectre, Maximus nods towards the newcomers, “and who might you be?”
Erathiel
 player, 1 post
 HP 20/20 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Mon 8 Oct 2007
at 19:07
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Funny, I was just about to ask you the same thing," the leather-clad elven lady remarked with a raised eyebrow, and glanced over at the spectre, wondering just what was going on there.  "I am Erathiel, of Cormanthor, and this is Ayaleen.  Now, who are you, and what place is this?" she continued, and took a small step into the larger room.  At her hip, a sheathed longsword hung, her hand staying close to it for the moment.
Sonida
 player, 95 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Mon 8 Oct 2007
at 19:11
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida's hands stray towards her knives again, she responds warily, Sonida, Dragon Coast, and we are trying to figure that out.
Maximus
 player, 49 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Tue 9 Oct 2007
at 00:22
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"Well it would seem that questions are flying all about and this rather kind spector has pointed us into this room after allowing our compainion to disappear into nothingness."  Maximus walks into the room indicated by the spirit and looks for the red marking.  "I am Maximus, Erathiel of Cormanthor and Ayaleen...ahhh there it is," as he walks up the the red marking and puts his hand on it, "Med mitt blod skal du åpne"
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 43 posts
Tue 9 Oct 2007
at 06:20
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow bow respectfully to the spector and quickly walked after Maximus not sure what the mage was going to do next.

As he walked past the elf he nodded politely,

"Introductions at a better time, call me monk for now."

What Darkshadow heard and saw the mage do made him shake his head. For a mage and one who was suppose to be intelligent he surly lacked common sense. First he wanted to blast the spector to pieces, now he is following the creature's demands.

Like before, Darkshadow decided to say nothing as the mage put his hand out and spoke words. He doubted the mage had any idea what they ment. For all he knew the mage just pledged his soul to the service of the dark powers. Blood was often used as a way to seal deals between dark powers. On the other hand, perhaps the mage was just stuck by a poisonious needle and would drop dead within the next few seconds. Either way, it was up to fate now.

Well at least Fredrick wouldn't have to be the one to get his hand stuck by a needle, not that he would have done so anyway.
DM Wolf
 GM, 52 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Wed 10 Oct 2007
at 12:17
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Maximus used some time to find the red painted hand. It was covered by dust and a little hard to find. The two newcommers could have sworn by their gods that it had not been there a few moments before. The room was quiet. Very quiet indeed as the group gathered around the mage. As he touch the painted hand a voice is heard. Terrible and outright evil sounding. Hvem prøver å åpne mitt kammer. Hvem vil forstyrre min søvn. Maximus speaks the words the ghostly image said and five needles pierce into his fingertips. It takes a little while before blood starts to flow onto the stone. Nothing happens for a little while. Maximus  removes his hand and looks at the ghostly image. The old man that the image represents smiles. Then suddenly something. Red light starts to shine. It looks like a door and the small part of the wall where the light shines sinks into the floor. A dark corridor is seen stretching into the earth. It moves down it would seem, but the darkness prevents you from seeing to far down. You bravely enter the dark corridor. It lights up as the people with the magical torches enters. The corridor is made of stone. The floor is well made, but the walls a little more roughly made. The smell is that of air being trapped for many years, maybe even centuries. Who knows. It would be easy to find the way out anyway. Just follow the smell of fresh air. A great deal of dust covers the floor making your footprints very visible. It does not look  like anyone has been here for quite some time as you spot no footprints in front of you. As you walk only the sounds of your feet meeting the hard rock is heard echoing in the darkness. Minutes seems like hours in the cramp corridor which is roughly five feet wide.

It takes a long time to reach the end of the tunnel. It starts to widen so much that now two people can walk side by side. Then suddenly the tunnel stops. A great room opens and it's a long way down. You can not actually see the bottom with the light of the torches. There are two ways to choice. One that is going up and one that is going down. Running water is echoing trough the large cave so it seems to come from everywhere.
Ayaleen
 player, 2 posts
 Init +2, AC 15/15/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Wed 10 Oct 2007
at 14:09
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen simply nods, it seemed appropriate, yet she was surprised how warm and welcoming the people were of a priestess of Kossuth. Well, perhaps they just did not know her Lord but they would learn, eventually. The girl raised an eyebrow as the door slid open and the people walked through, then shrugged and joined the caravan of people.

Once they are in the room and there is finally some space, she unwraps the chain from her waist and brings it in a ready position. The weapon was swinging slightly from side to side when she waited for someone to make a decision.
Erathiel
 player, 4 posts
 HP 25/25 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Wed 10 Oct 2007
at 14:18
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"So, uhm. . .  what are we looking for, here?  Something about returning someone's heart to that ghost up there?" Erathiel asked while they were walking down the corridor, and it wasn't hard to tell that she longed for the surface again, for the sun, the moon, the stars and the wind.  Confined spaces like this was better suited for dwarves and gnomes, she felt, but she still went on, thinking it was best to stick with the others rather than making a break for it on her own.
Sonida
 player, 98 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Wed 10 Oct 2007
at 20:28
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida slows down to talk to the two newcomers as they walk. She extends her hand to shake, then asks, No clue what you're doing down here?
Ayaleen
 player, 3 posts
 Init +2, AC 15/15/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Wed 10 Oct 2007
at 22:00
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen smiles warmly at Sonida "No, but if my Lord sees it fit for me to be here, I am positive I shall do his will. In this case, burn out the evil root." there was a fire in her eyes that left no doubt that she was serious about her words.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 46 posts
Thu 11 Oct 2007
at 07:49
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow was busy looking for trouble up ahead and take a moment to think. He had taken a place towards the front of the group and let the others talk while he watched and listened. It isn't until Erathiel's question that the monk speaks up the entire time keeping his eyes looking forward for danger,

"We are looking for a solution to a child's problem. She is sick and something inside here caused it. When we entered, we all had a vision, in which a girl appeared and brought us to a tomb like box. That vision lead us to the spector and the same girl appeared there. Now, the spector has us hunting for a heart of some evil mage, which probably caused this whole thing. The big question is, once we find the heart what are we going to do with it?"

He pauses on that question and turns around staring straight at the new comers,

"The next question has to do with you two. We find both of you behind a door the spector opens. You seem to have no idea where you are, or how you got there. I mean no disrespect, but to trust someone blindly is a foolish. So perhaps you can explain why exactly you two are here and why we should keep you around at all."

The monk has a hard look on his face as if he is judging the new comers on their every move.
Erathiel
 player, 6 posts
 HP 25/25 AC/FF/T 21/17/15
 Init: +4 F/R/W: 6/6/4
Thu 11 Oct 2007
at 08:08
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
"The last I remember, I was arriving by ship in Westgate, headed south from Sembia.  After that, it's just a hazy blur - until I woke up next to a total stranger, that is.  Now, if you'd rather go on by yourselves, then that is fine by me - just point me in the direction of the nearest exit from this place first, and I'll be on my way," Erathiel answered, and shrugged.  If these people were who they said they were, and were there for the reason they said they were, she wouldn't really object to following them - healing a sick child was a noble cause, after all.  But, for all she knew, they were simple treasure hunters, or even worse. . .
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 47 posts
Sat 13 Oct 2007
at 09:14
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Darkshadow glanced at the others in his party to see their reactions, and then back to Ayaleen as he waited for her answer.

As he waited the monk tried to remember back to when this all began, but he didn't waste to much thought on it...
Ayaleen
 player, 7 posts
 Init +2, AC 15/15/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Sat 13 Oct 2007
at 11:27
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen returned the monk's stare and crossed her arms before her chest "No, I can't explain." was all she said in a soft tone that implied she just could not say what had happened. "Which leaves the child's problem and a mage's heart to find, that is what ought to concern our minds now." She gave them all a gentle smile.
Maximus
 player, 51 posts
 HP: 18 / 18
Sat 13 Oct 2007
at 21:39
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Looking at the new campaigns and with a raised eyebrow Maximus watches as Fredrick interacts with them and then as if bored by the conversation walks around them and looks at the tunnel leading down.  Using his the magical flame on the tip of his staff, Max looks down the tunnel and tries to see as far ahead as he can.  Annoyed that he can’t see anything he begins to cast a spell and as magical energy surrounds him he begins to smile a bit – clearly enjoying the feeling of the magical energy.  Then he raises his hands again and casts yet another spell, this time 4 globes of magical light spring forth at the edge of your light source and start making their way down the tunnel illuminating the passageway ahead, “ah there we go, much better.” Turning to the others wearing an amused grin, “shall we?”


OOC – Casts Mage Armor and then Dancing lights.
DM Wolf
 GM, 56 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Sun 14 Oct 2007
at 00:03
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
The four glowing balls light up a massive chamber of some sorts it would seem. The walls are mostly roughly cut, but again the floor is well made. The chambers room is huge in size and you can't see the roof when the light are near you. As they descend you notice that the way down is going to be long. it's hard to sat just go far it would be down You can not see the end, but you notice that the little road(one person wide) comes closer and closer the longer down the light shine.
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 48 posts
Sun 14 Oct 2007
at 07:38
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Grand, no explanation and it didn't appear to bother either of his two comrades. The mage was obviously a bit foolish, but if Sonida trusted them that perhaps he should as well. Being outside the monistary was definatly going to get some getting used to.

"Well then ladies, seeing as my comrades has no problems with you I would be honored if you joined us. My name is Fredrick Darkshadow."

The monk gave a polite bow and then went back to leading the group further into the chamber. He had every intention of continuing downward depsite the narrowing walkway.
Sonida
 player, 103 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 14 Oct 2007
at 16:05
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida picks her way down the walkway as carefully as she can, pressing closer to the wall as the walkway narrows.
Ayaleen
 player, 8 posts
 Init +2, AC 15/15/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Sun 14 Oct 2007
at 20:52
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen shrugged and simply followed along, her feet narily making a sound.
DM Wolf
 GM, 57 posts
 Hear me howl
 Howl at the Moon
Sun 21 Oct 2007
at 13:32
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
As the group starts to make their way down into the darkness. Maximus small balls of light moves longer and longer down until you finally can see the floor. It seems to be a tunnel moving a little downwards straight ahead of you. There are no furniture and the bitter smell of rotted flesh is to be smelled. As you go down the tunnel there is no wonder why the smell is there. A person is laying there his death must have occured many days ago now. the persons cloaths are that of a merchant and not a adventurer if one where to guess. A staff is still in the persons grasp.
Ayaleen
 player, 9 posts
 Init +2, AC 15/15/15
 HP 31/31 - F+7/R+5/W+8
Mon 22 Oct 2007
at 14:48
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Ayaleen slowed her steps as they approached the corpse. Carefully she inspected it, first from afar, then getting closer...
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 49 posts
Tue 23 Oct 2007
at 07:25
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick looked at the body and frowned. This was a bit confusing and he was not pleased.

He glanced over to Sonida,

"Perhaps you should have a look at it before anyone else gets closer."

He figured there was some sort of trap here and Sonida was more likely to find it then anyone else; however, if any of his group mates were determined to get closer before it was inspected he was not going to stop them.

Finally something comes to the monk,

"We had best be a bit more careful on the road ahead. The merchant came from a somewhere ahead."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:56, Wed 24 Oct 2007.

Sonida
 player, 104 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Thu 25 Oct 2007
at 23:56
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida picks her way over to the body, doing her best not to touch anything, she looks it all over carefully.

Take 20 on search
Fredrick Darkshadow
 player, 51 posts
Sun 4 Nov 2007
at 03:36
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Fredrick is busy watching Sonida searching. Suddenly his ears pick up and he quickly turns his attention to behind the group. Seeing as no one else seemed to here it he whispering to the others,

"Did you hear that?"

The monk quickly looks towards the front to make sure whatever he heard behind him wasn't just a distraction from a frontal attack.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:37, Sun 04 Nov 2007.

Sonida
 player, 105 posts
 Init:+3 AC:17/14/14
 HP:17/17 F:2 R:6 W:0
Sun 4 Nov 2007
at 04:00
Re: The Dragon Coast: The Shining Star Inn
Sonida looks up as she slides the following away from the body with her dagger, which she promptly readies to throw.

quote:
A staff(Ivory wood, Well crafted)
A ring(Silver)
A scroll
amd not to forget
3 gp and 8 silver and 2 copper.