Moonsea: Sailing The Moonsea.   Posted by DM Scout.Group: 0
Korgan Nkopno
 player, 652 posts
 HP 49/81  AC 17/17/14
 Ini +2, Sv +8F/+4R/+2W
Thu 26 Oct 2006
at 18:00
Re: The bridge to...?
Finishing his swing, Korgan wonders if he's the only one fighting.
DM Thor
 GM, 37 posts
Thu 26 Oct 2006
at 21:25
Re: The bridge to...?
Korgan reverses the movement of his blade with remarkable speed.  His blade bites deep into the Chitines flesh.  Blood spirts to the ground.

Toggle moves into range of his sling and lets loss.  It HITS off of Korgan's back (dealing 0 damage).

Kylie once again takes aim at the Chitine and the "thump" of her bow string is heard.


Korgan looks back over his shoulder at Toggle giving him a stearn look.  When he sees an arrow zip past his head only by inches.
Toggle
 player, 124 posts
 Init +2      AC: 13/11/13
 HP: 12/12    F+2 R+3 W+6
Fri 27 Oct 2006
at 07:44
Re: The bridge to...?
OOC: OK I gotta stop you here, this is the 2nd time you did something with my character that I did not want to do.

1st you moved him out of a hiding spot, now he is attacking  when I said he was readying a Hypnotic Pattern spell in case of a rear attack.

If your going to keep doing things for my character I am going to have to drop from this game. I mean what's the point of saying what I want to do when you just take control of my character and dow hat you want with it?

Lemme know if you still want me to play.

Penville
 player, 52 posts
 Init +4. AC19/FF15/T15
 20/20. F+3 R+7 W+5*
Fri 27 Oct 2006
at 12:29
Re: The bridge to...?
(OOC: I have to agree, that is completely against his post, I wonder if he meant MY character was doin that though? As I had been slinging people! He may have got the little guys confused! ...But I could never get 0 damage, so maybe not)

With little else to do, Penville draws his Axe and spurs BIGBY INTO A CHARGE!
Penville draws back the blade and enters CONAN pose, before unleasing himself upon the creature...

With a howl, Bibgy dives forward, coming under a warning blow and grabs a leg, as Penville uses his superior battles sense to try to connect. He too is confused as has never used said battle senses before.

Bigby attempts to pull the creature down:
23 to hit, 7 damage, 25 trip check!

(That SHOULD pull it down... I hope!)
Penville smashes into the creatures side, with a powerful blow
Nat 20 to hit, 13* to confirm crit (*+4 if it is tripped)
Normal hit for 9 damage
Critical for 17 damage


(OOC: Sorry missed flanking and MW axe in dice roller so should be 4 rolled +1 higher +2 flanking +2 charge +2 BA +1 MW +1small)

a pretty good dice rolling day! :)

This message was last edited by the player at 12:31, Fri 27 Oct 2006.

DM Mike
 GM, 934 posts
 ...
Mon 30 Oct 2006
at 03:49
Re: The bridge to...?
OOC:  Filling in for DM Thor, who will be away for a week.

Penville and his riding dog take down the last of the strange grey-skinned humaniods and the attack is surprisingly brutal and effective.

Thick black blood gushes from the creature's open wounds and fills the dog's nostrils with a sharp odor.

The party takes a minute to catch their breath and take stock of their current situation.

=============================

OOC: I'll go back and read the current thread to get a sense of what the location is like, then post something else later in the week.
Penville
 player, 54 posts
 Init +4. AC19/FF15/T15
 20/20. F+3 R+7 W+5*
Mon 30 Oct 2006
at 08:36
Re: The bridge to...?
Penville looks down at the form, a grim look on his face, mixed with a bot of shock. "Well that was, err, lucky I guess, except for him. I mean he's... err it's dead. So it's probably not having a good day. Ooooh what's the smell? Can we move on, I don't think Bubgy likes it much, and I could certainly do with some fresher air. Hope it's not poisoned, I heard of things that release poison in the air, so even when they're dead they try and kill you." He wipes his blade on the body and gets a rag to attempt to clean Bibgy's mouth somewhat.
Korgan Nkopno
 player, 654 posts
 HP 49/81  AC 17/17/14
 Ini +2, Sv +8F/+4R/+2W
Tue 31 Oct 2006
at 07:47
Re: The bridge to...?
Korgan wipes huis blade and puts it back on his back. "These caves are cravling with critters. I almost long for the days at sea."

He looks at the dead monster. "We better search this."

He looks through it half heartedly, not really expecting to find anything. He also checks out the surroundings.
Penville
 player, 55 posts
 Init +4. AC19/FF15/T15
 20/20. F+3 R+7 W+5*
Tue 31 Oct 2006
at 08:03
Re: The bridge to...?
Penville dismounts, helping in the search, and allowing Bigby to move around to to see or smell any attackers.
He looks a little shaken from the attack and so starts to sing a little song to try and raise spirits. It comes out softly:

"We were moving along,
As I was singing this song,
But it was all going wrong,
So what on the forgotten realms should we doooooo?
We're all going to die.
We're all going to die."

Korgan Nkopno
 player, 655 posts
 HP 49/81  AC 17/17/14
 Ini +2, Sv +8F/+4R/+2W
Tue 31 Oct 2006
at 09:00
Re: The bridge to...?
Korgan smiles at his pessimistic friend. "With the way you down this ....", he pokes at the corpse with the tip of his boot, "I doubt we'll die just yet."
Kylie
 player, 130 posts
 Init +4  AC17/Fl15/Tch14
 HP 29/29    F+3/R+9/W+2*
Tue 31 Oct 2006
at 17:29
Re: The bridge to...?
Kylie, still incredibly confused, realizes that here is something she can do, at least.  Thus, she begins searching along with Korgan and Pennville.

11:28, Today: Kylie rolled 30 using 1d20+12. Search.
DM Mike
 GM, 939 posts
 ...
Thu 2 Nov 2006
at 04:57
Re: The bridge to...?
OOC:

Putting this here as opposed to the OOC thread since I want to draw attention to the game, not so much out of game concerns.

We have lost Brin due to time and Toggle due to frustration.  And Kylie has posted to me stating she is very confused.

I have not had the time to go back and read the posts for this encounter yet. so I can not yet post.

If DM Thor is back or gets back before I can post, maybe he can straighten things out.

If not, I will do what I can to help.

I try not to butt into other DM's DMing in RoA, but DM Thor and I co-DM the region, and it was my hope that he could take over the region on his own, since my own online time is greatly reduced due to my job.

SO, until DM Thor or I can get on again to clear things up and then get things going again, we'll take a bit of a cool down break.

I want to get at least one new PC/player into the region.

For now, we'll do Toggle's and Brin's leaving the region, then I or DM Thor will move on.


====================================

Catching their breath, Toggle and Brin tend to the needs of their animial compainions.

Kipper, Toggle's cat, lets out a low growl and Toggle turns in the darkness to see what has attracted Kipper's attention.  He trips (or was it that he was pulled?) and starts to fall into the darkness to his right.  he lets out a yelp and reaches out to grab onto something or someone.

Brin grabs Toggle's arm and his eyes go wide.

There is a sparkle of blue and purple light, a soft sound like fabric tearing, and both men and their animal friends are gone, swallowed by the magical light.

Your eyes clear and the patch of darkness near where Toggle was standing when Kipper growled is now gone.

======================================

OOC: Again, let me or DM Thor catch up and then bring the region up to speed.
Penville
 player, 58 posts
 Init +4. AC19/FF15/T15
 20/20. F+3 R+7 W+5*
Sat 4 Nov 2006
at 18:23
Re: The bridge to...?
As the two disappear, to what monster we can only guess, Bigby rears, eyes wide.
Penville tries to get him under control, and like most things he attempts, fails. So intead he tries to get his message across,
"Arrgh, well thanks and I'll be seeing yoooooooo"
And so Bigby follows the fresh air, roaming away into the night, free once more.
DM Mike
 GM, 940 posts
 ...
Mon 6 Nov 2006
at 04:16
Re: The bridge to...?
OOC: So what happens?  Bigby leaves, or Penville and Bigby both leave?  I don't understand.

=========================================

You are in the tunnels, the dead creatures piled up away from you.

There is no way to dispose of their bodies, and as Korgan moves them as far from you as possible, he notices several items on their bodies that may be of use:

1.) a solid metal club, forged by dwarven hands.  The holy symbol of Moradin is raised at the head of the club.  Gamespeak:  This is a +1 club with the "ghost touched" ability.

2.)  a leather pouch with several folded pices of kidskin in it.  Arcane runes are written on each skin.   Each is a scroll, written by a 6th level caster.  Spells: Protection from Arrows, Resist Cold, Daze Monster, Gust of Wind

3.) 2 silver bracers with fists carved into them (probably of dwarven make).  Bracers of Armor, +2

4.)  a silver flask with a top that is attached with a fine chain.  The liquid inside smells of carrots and chives.  This is a potion of Remove Curse.

=======================================

You decide to split the loot later, Korgan taking it into his big arms as you move off deeper down the tunnels, away from this scene of carnage.

You get to a large cavern with thundrous noise coming from it.

Inside is a long waterfall.  Your cavern is mid-point in the course of the fall.  Another large chamber is about 50 feet below your's a bit to the west.  There are probsbly others, but your light is not far-reaching enough to expose them to your vision.

You rest here, drinking in the cold fresh water and enjoying the cool air here.  You can gather water and wash the blood and dirt from you, and for a little while, at least, you can forget the horrors you have seen.

===================================

Moving on gets the game going.

We will have 2 more PCs coming in soon.

Look for XPs to be posted soon, too.

Split the treasure among yourselves and add items to your PC sheets once it is worked out who gets what.

In cases of dispute, high roll on a d100 determines who gets the item.  Post your roll in public.

Kylie
 player, 131 posts
 Init +4  AC17/Fl15/Tch14
 HP 29/29    F+3/R+9/W+2*
Mon 6 Nov 2006
at 04:24
Re: The bridge to...?
ooc: Both Penville and Bigby, his cohort/companion are leaving together.  Toggle left, Brin left.  So that leaves Korgan and I.

Korgan, I cannot use a club.  I technically can use scrolls, but who knows what I would roll.  Perhaps it would be best if we held onto them until such time someone well-versed in their use comes along?  I do not need the bracers as they would not stack with my armor.  And the potion might also be something best put aside until one of us needs it unless we decide to sell it, or any of the other items, later should we survive.  :p  What do you think?  EDIT: See OOC, I might have use for the bracers if you do not need/want them.


At the waterfall, Kylie ignores the beauty she would like to take the time to appreciate and instead tries to see if there is anything she can do for Korgan since their healer somehow disappeared in what she thinks was some magic mishap of Toggle's.  "Are you hurt terribly?" she asks in her quiet, unassuming voice.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:19, Mon 06 Nov 2006.

Korgan Nkopno
 player, 657 posts
 HP 57/89  AC 17/17/14
 Ini +2, Sv +9F/+4R/+2W
Mon 6 Nov 2006
at 18:42
Re: The bridge to...?
Korgan still moves with a limb, but the wounds have dried up somewhat. "it's not too bad.", he says. "I could use a night or two of rest though."

He wipes his face with a wet cloth, and goes to work on his blade cleaning any remaining blood off it.

Looking at the items found he nods slowly. "I have as little use of those bracers as you have. The club could be usefull if we come across ghosts, but other than that I'll probably still use this." He pads his sword. "I wouldn't mind carrying it until we can find somewhere to trade it."

Leaning back against the hard, wet rock he allows his eyes to close for a second. "Although this particulare spot might not be the nicest in the word it seems nobody's trying to kill us right now. What do you say we rest for the night?"
DM Mike
 GM, 947 posts
 ...
Tue 7 Nov 2006
at 02:15
Re: The bridge to...?
The companions rest, but sleep does not ocme easily - the sound of the waterfall is loud, the fear of getting attacked is real, and the pain of losing Penville, Toggle, and Brin is fresh.

OOC: You DO manage to get back hit points from resting, though.

You eat a simple and quick breakfast and knead your sore muscles.

It is odd having just the two of you here in the tunnels so far below the surface of Toril.

Sometimes your soul wonders if this is really the best path it could have taken...

But thoughts like that are better left for other times.

You look down, considering how best to move on.

========================================

OOC: And move on we shall, once the other new PCs are here and ready to go.

Give it a few more days.


Kylie
 player, 134 posts
 Init +4  AC17/Fl15/Tch14
 HP 29/29    F+3/R+9/W+2*
Tue 7 Nov 2006
at 02:16
Re: The bridge to...?
"Excellent suggestion, Korgan.  Are you sure you're alright?" Kylie asks again, a little nervous now that it is just the two of them.  Korgan she is not so worried about, she has seen him fight after all, but she was not that tested in battle, and certainly not that good at it anyway.
Korgan Nkopno
 player, 658 posts
 HP 57/89  AC 17/17/14
 Ini +2, Sv +9F/+4R/+2W
Tue 7 Nov 2006
at 06:06
Re: The bridge to...?
"Well I should be ebtter after a rest.", Durham says. Perhpas you could look after my wounds after I sleep? Or do you need the rest tooo? I'm just sooo tired."

He begins to nod of, the last thing he says is "By the way, I cannot beliebve you move so silently when you sneak ahead. Never seen anybody do that as elegantly as you."
Kylie
 player, 135 posts
 Init +4  AC17/Fl15/Tch14
 HP 29/29    F+3/R+9/W+2*
Tue 7 Nov 2006
at 15:28
Re: The bridge to...?
Kylie moves over to sit next to Korgan protectively; funny, that she wishes to protect the big, strong one when she is so little, but she does.  Whispering her reply so as to help him sleep she says, "I will, after you sleep.  And, thank you."

While he sleeps Kylie forgoes her rest, not wanting anything to sneak up on the two of them.  She knows that she can enter into her trance later, after all, since she doesn't need to rest as long as Korgan will.  While he sleeps, Kylie thinks about checking to see if their was fish in the water, but decides building a fire without the proper equipment would only advertise their position to any foes.  Instead she sifts through her pack for some fruits and dried meats to have a mean ready for Korgan when he awakes.
DM Mike
 GM, 952 posts
 ...
Sun 12 Nov 2006
at 23:08
Re: The bridge to...?
Korgan and Kylie get what rest they can.

Taking stock of their present position, the pair's aqttention falls to the ledge of the large cavern which is about 50 feet below where they are.

OOC: I assume light sources are being used by both Kylie and Korgan and the newcomers.

Three humanoid shapes appear in the gloomy darkness.

One has the fine features of a sun elf, his golden hair shining bright in the light of the lantern he carries. OOC: Again, assuming the light source.  Corrections and changes can be made later.

One's skin is dark and his hair is pale like cotton...a drow?

The other form holds back a bit, just behind the drow.  He wears chainmail armor and a tabbard with Lathander's symbol on it.

A drow travelling through the Underdark with a sun elf and a worshiper of Lathander at his side...

Odder things have happened, you suppose.

=======================================

Below, Quinlan's keen eyes detect light coming from above them and he points it out to his new-found companion Palanhilion and his old firend Rayorr.  The elves stop to look up and they see a slip of a girl next to a tall and broad human with blonde hair.  He draws a longbow and readies and arrow, looking down at you, his hand stayed for now by the young lady next to him.



=========================================

OOC:  Here is some backstory for the new PCs:

Rayorr and Quinlan got work from the koblods they were questioning that the drows they sought were in a series of tunnels near where they were.

Leaving their party in favor of hunting down the drow, the pair made off for the tunnels.

They found what seemed to be a doorway in the side of one of the tunnel walls.

Opening the door of the tunnel activated a magical teleportation and they ended up in a chamber deep under Toril.

The chamber was home to stange fungus beings who did not talk, but imparted their ideas and feelings by means of some sort of magical or chemical means.

A sun elf was also in the chamber, having become lost in his own search of the Underdark.  He was looking for spell components and become lost in tunnels the led ever-deeper.

After a day of talk and planning, the three set off in hopes of finding their way to the surface.

And now, days later, rations at an all-time low, the three come upon this waterfall.  And a slender lass and a big rough-looking fellow.


This message was last edited by the GM at 23:22, Sun 12 Nov 2006.

Kylie
 player, 141 posts
 Init +4  AC17/Fl15/Tch14
 HP 29/29    F+3/R+9/W+2*
Sun 12 Nov 2006
at 23:16
Re: The bridge to...?
Kylie looked up trustingly at Korgan, he would certainly know what to do about newcomers.  Seeing his caution, she drew her bow and nocked an arrow though she did not yet point it in the direction of the people they saw.  She knew about drow, she knew enough that she didn't trust them.  What in the world would a sun elf and a priest of Lathander be doing with one of them, she wondered.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:12, Mon 13 Nov 2006.

DM Mike
 GM, 953 posts
 ...
Sun 12 Nov 2006
at 23:23
Re: The bridge to...?
I edited the above post as Kylie posted.  Please re-read it, Kylie.

Others, post as you like.

I will be NPCing Korgan.

Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 1 post
Mon 13 Nov 2006
at 08:03
Re: The bridge to...?
"A girl and a man, up there on the ledge!" Quinlan points in the direction of the coupe above them. "Be ready to take cover; he's armed with a bow. Humans down here though, they're probably looking for a way out just like we."

Looking around him, Quinlan tries to find a passable way up.


-------------------------

PM from the DM:

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:58, Tue 14 Nov 2006.

Palanhilion
 player, 6 posts
 Init:  +8  AC: 14/12/10
 HP: 21/21    F+2 R+4 W+4
Mon 13 Nov 2006
at 09:55
Re: The bridge to...?
OOC:  Palanhilion would not use a light source - he's got Darkvision out to 60 feet from his Otherworldly feat.  I'd be surprised if the Lathanderite didn't carry with him light, though.  :-)

============================

PM from the DM:



"Humans in the Underdark?  How odd. . .  Stay here, I shall approach them, and see why they have come here.  When I call for you, follow me," Palan whispered, and quickly cast a minor spell of light upon himself.  He had no need for it, himself, but it would let the others see him - as opposed to thinking he was trying to sneak up on them.  Walking with his hands where they could be seen by Kylie and Korgan, so they could see that they were empty, the battle-mage slowly began to move towards them.

"Greetings, fellow children of the sun.  What brings you to this realm of eternal darkness, I wonder?" he called out in common, though with a heavy elven accent to it - he hadn't been travelling among humans for very long at all, and his speach showed this to be a fact.  "I am Palanhilion Mytael, of the elven realm of Evermeet, and these others are travelling companions of mine which I stumbled upon down here - we all seek a passage leading us to the lands above, but have had no luck, thus far," he added, speaking in common again - with the exception of the name of his home, Evermeet, which he pronounced in a proud elven voice.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:03, Tue 14 Nov 2006.

Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 3 posts
 18/18 AC/FF/T 17/14/13
 Init: +3 F/R/W: 3/8/0
Mon 13 Nov 2006
at 11:45
Re: The bridge to...?
"Careful, you need to get very close to them to overcome the roar of the waterfall!"
Quinlan readies his bow, clearly demonstrating a readiness to protect but no threat.