Moonsea: Sailing The Moonsea.   Posted by DM Scout.Group: 0
Kylie
 player, 145 posts
 Init +4  AC17/Fl15/Tch14
 HP 29/29    F+3/R+9/W+2*
Mon 13 Nov 2006
at 15:53
Re: The bridge to...?
Kylie's sensitive ears could pick out the elven man's words easily enough over the sound of the waterfall that she had grown accustomed to.  Not sure who should speak in this case, for Korgan was the leader of the two of them as far as she was concerned, she went ahead and decided that perhaps she should speak first since they were dealing with an elf and she was one.

"Greetings, Palanhilion Mytael, of the elven realm of Evermeet, I am Kylie Moonwhisper of the Forest of Lethyr," she spoke in slightly better common than his own.  She would have switched to elven, but was unaware if Korgan could understand it, and the drow would probably be able to anyway so she simply continued.  "You stumbled upon a drow and have made him your companion?  Safety in numbers is erroneous with a drow involved," she said distrustfully with a nervous glance to the dark elf.
Palanhilion
 player, 9 posts
 Init:  +8  AC: 14/12/10
 HP: 21/21    F+2 R+4 W+4
Mon 13 Nov 2006
at 16:04
Re: The bridge to...?
"I am afraid you are mistaken, lady Moonwhisper - he is as much human as he is drow, you see," Palan replied, and glanced over at Quinlan behind him.  Had he been a full drow, Palan was sure, he would never have listened to a word he said, instead choosing to strike first and then worry about the consequences later.  Even though Quinlan did carry the blood of the Dhaerow in his veins, that was hardly his fault, however, and Palan would judge him by his actions, not his kind.

"Now, might we join you up there, perhaps?  I have been trapped down here for quite some time, and I am sure your face is friendlier than most I have seen down here."
Kylie
 player, 146 posts
 Init +4  AC17/Fl15/Tch14
 HP 29/29    F+3/R+9/W+2*
Mon 13 Nov 2006
at 16:08
Re: The bridge to...?
"He is a...half-drow?" Kylie asked.  "Was his mother forced by one of those vile creatures?" she asked interestedly.  "And how do you know his half human can control his half drow?"  She was a very sweet and loving girl, but it was no wonder her distrust for the drow were her people's enemy.  And since she fancied herself a "protector" of Korgan of sorts, even though he did far more protecting of her than she did of him, she felt as if she should be certain this...half-drow could be trusted.
Palanhilion
 player, 10 posts
 Init:  +8  AC: 14/12/10
 HP: 21/21    F+2 R+4 W+4
Mon 13 Nov 2006
at 16:33
Re: The bridge to...?
"His parentage is none of my busines, though if he wishes to tell you, I am sure he will.  And his companion, a priest of the human deity Lathander vouches for him, and that is good enough for me, fair lady.  Now, what say you?  May we ascend to your position, and share some words without all this distance between us?" Palanhilion answered, and took a small step closer, keeping his hands where Kylie could see them.
Korgan Nkopno
 player, 661 posts
 HP 57/89  AC 17/17/14
 Ini +2, Sv +9F/+4R/+2W
Tue 14 Nov 2006
at 07:07
Re: The bridge to...?
NPCed by DM Mike:

Standing tall, Korgan says in a stern voice Have a care how you address her.  We have to work together down here if we're to find our way out.

What brings you into these tunnels?  Do you search for spider-like monsters, too?


As if realizing he perhaps did not play with his cards close enough to his chest, the barbarian winces a bit and looks to Kylie.
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 4 posts
 18/18 AC/FF/T 17/14/13
 Init: +3 F/R/W: 3/8/0
Tue 14 Nov 2006
at 07:42
Re: The bridge to...?
Quinlan stands still, following the deliberations with interest. He carefully un-nocks his arrow and slowly releases the bowstring.
"Do you think we can venture closer?" He asks Rayorr.

=============================


PM from DM:

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:49, Tue 21 Nov 2006.

Kylie
 player, 148 posts
 Init +4  AC17/Fl15/Tch14
 HP 29/29    F+3/R+9/W+2*
Tue 14 Nov 2006
at 14:40
Re: The bridge to...?
Smiling sweetly, gratefully, and encouragingly up at Korgan, surely mentioning the spider monsters wouldn't hurt anything after all, Kylie took a step back as she kept her bow and arrow ready should Palanhilion prove to need it through his chest.  "You and your...friends," she almost choked on the last word, "May come up, but be quick and quiet about it."
Palanhilion
 player, 11 posts
 Init:  +8  AC: 14/12/10
 HP: 21/21    F+2 R+4 W+4
Wed 15 Nov 2006
at 11:31
Re: The bridge to...?
"Spider-monsters?  No, I haven't seen anything like that, though I believe there are a form of drow outcasts that might fit the description.  I have yet to see any for myself, though, so I have wondered if the tales I have heard of the 'driders' are merely tales to scare young elflings," Palanhilion answered the large man, and then turned back towards the others, waving them towards him as he dismissed the spell of light he had cast upon himself.

"We'll be with you in a moment, fair lady," he called out in the ancient elven tongue, his accent somewhat different from the one usually heard in Faerūn.  Casting a charming smile up at the lady elf - he had heard her voice, and while her common was better than his, he was sure that he had heard an elven accent to it.  Then, he began to move up, as quickly and quietly as he could.  At least the fine shirt of elven-crafted mithral he wore under his regular outfit didn't hamper his movements any, and in fact he barely noticed it's presence at all.
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 6 posts
 18/18 AC/FF/T 17/14/13
 Init: +3 F/R/W: 3/8/0
Wed 15 Nov 2006
at 11:37
Re: The bridge to...?
As Palanhilon urges them forward, Quinlan joins him and quickly moves up using the easiest route possible, as a guide to his companions.
"Spider monsters in the Underdark? That must involve servants of the spider queen." Quinlan mutters to the elf as they approach the couple above them.
Palanhilion
 player, 12 posts
 Init:  +8  AC: 14/12/10
 HP: 21/21    F+2 R+4 W+4
Wed 15 Nov 2006
at 12:39
Re: The bridge to...?
"Probably, yes.  Might be worth looking into, at least for my part - any strike against the Spider Queen serves my cause well," Palan whispered back as Quinlan passed, and then followed behind the half-drow.
Rayorr
 player, 1 post
Mon 20 Nov 2006
at 15:16
Re: The bridge to...?
The priest of Lathandar moves tentatively behind his half-drow friend Quinlan. They were not where they had been and the thought sent shivers down his spine. Perhaps the Lord of Light had tabbed him for a special purpose?

While he would ponder thoughts of worthiness when he had time to do such pondering, he had not found such times since coming to this moment. Now, this encounter with other humans was what needed his attention and he approached the meeting carefully with some hope that they shared a part in his destiny.

So, he calls out to the couple ahead, "My friend Quinlan is a good man - better than most. I will vouch for him. I am Rayorr, a priest of Lathandar. And now, who are you?"
Kylie
 player, 149 posts
 Init +4  AC17/Fl15/Tch14
 HP 29/29    F+3/R+9/W+2*
Mon 20 Nov 2006
at 15:20
Re: The bridge to...?
As the trio neared them, Kylie took a small, unconscious step closer to Korgan, obviously nervous by the sight of the drow, no, half-drow.  Looking at Lathander's representative, Kylie nodded slowly although her nervousness did not cease.  "I am Kylie," she answered softly, as soon as the small group was near enough to hear her.
Palanhilion
 player, 13 posts
 Init:  +8  AC: 14/12/10
 HP: 21/21    F+2 R+4 W+4
Mon 20 Nov 2006
at 16:13
Re: The bridge to...?
"A pleasure to meet you, Kylie.  Now, your big friend here said something about spider-like monsters, I believe?  Might you tell us some more about that, perhaps?  We might be willing to aid you in your efforts, if you feel you require our assistance," Palanhilion replied as he reached the pair.  "I am confident that our abilities might be of some help to you, at least - I am a mage, skilled in the more. . .  destructive ways of the Art.  The light of Lathander, as directed by Rayorr, here, is bound to be a valuable assett while in the Underdark, too, hm?  And Quinlan here is a capable scout, with eyes that penetrate the foul darkness of this place, which might give us a better chance of surprising our spider-like foes, hm?"
Kylie
 player, 150 posts
 Init +4  AC17/Fl15/Tch14
 HP 29/29    F+3/R+9/W+2*
Mon 20 Nov 2006
at 16:54
Re: The bridge to...?
ooc: I feel so silly just skipping Korgan over and over again.  I can't wait until he gets back.  And Korgan, I hope I do okay for you.  :p


Kylie tells the trio all that she knows of the spider monsters, that is to say, not much.  Then she looks up at Korgan, who has so far let her do most of the talking while he looked on protectively, and decides it is best for them to join forces.  Nodding slowly she looked at the three and replied, "It would appear that together we would fare much better than separately.  Korgan, obviously, is amazing in battle.  I am more like your...scout," she added with a distateful stress on the last word.  She squared her shoulders, determined to trust the priest of Lathander and did not say anything further, any of the things she wished to say about not needing a scout if they had her.  Trust, she repeated to herself.  Trust.
Rayorr
 player, 2 posts
 Ini:+0, AC:17 FF:16 T:10
 HP:20/20, Svs:F+6/R+1/W+7
Mon 20 Nov 2006
at 20:19
Re: The bridge to...?
"There is safety in numbers" He did not know much about these folk and then it struck him, "Are the two of you traveling alone or are there others with you?"
Korgan Nkopno
 player, 662 posts
 HP 57/89  AC 17/17/14
 Ini +2, Sv +9F/+4R/+2W
Tue 21 Nov 2006
at 05:03
Re: The bridge to...?
OOC: NPCed by DM Mike:

The tall man tosses down some rope so the three newcomers can come up to join him and Kylie.

The way we need to go is over there.

He points toward a narrow tunnel that leads off to the left of the landing where you stand (you think that would be west, but can not be entirely sure).

He eyes the three newcomers a bit suspciously, especially Quinlan, then shrugs.

I have lost a friend down here and another who travelled with me for a time.  Swallowed up by what I think are magical forces.  The other ran off, probably out of cowardice.

I hope you'll last longer.  We'll need the help.


He turns and sets off toward the narrow tunnel.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:09, Tue 21 Nov 2006.

DM Mike
 GM, 962 posts
 ...
Tue 21 Nov 2006
at 05:10
New friends, new futures

The way is slow, since this tunnel has many twists and turns.  Korgan bumps his head several times on the low ceiling and his grumbles fill the tunnel.

About an hour later you come to a section of tunnel that widens a bit.  The walls here have many cracks in them, and at one point Korgan's heavy foot makes a crack in the tunnel floor widen and grow up the wall.

He turns, giving you all an "oh no" look and he takes as soft steps as possible.

Your light source (held by Rayorr for now, we'll say) reveals that the smaller chamber from Ga'ardoth's map is ahead, probably about 30 yards in front of you.

Kylie and Quinlan spot some sort of motion in the chamber and they whisper this to the others with them.

Now is the time to prepare, in case trouble lies ahead.
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 7 posts
 18/18 AC/FF/T 17/14/13
 Init: +3 F/R/W: 3/8/0
Tue 21 Nov 2006
at 08:20
Re: New friends, new futures
Quinlan slips away into the darkness, bow drawn. He peers into the darkness, using his keen senses, trying to find out what or who is approaching.

Ready action: draw bow to fire at approaching enemy (attacking either party of self)

09:18, Today: Quinlan Fairfellow rolled 22 using 1d20+4. Listen.
09:16, Today: Quinlan Fairfellow rolled 20 using 1d20+3. Spot.
09:15, Today: Quinlan Fairfellow rolled 10 using 1d20+6. Move silently.
Rayorr
 player, 3 posts
 Ini:+0, AC:18 FF:17 T:11
 HP:20/20, Svs:F+6/R+1/W+7
Tue 21 Nov 2006
at 15:56
Re: New friends, new futures
With all the others gathered nearby, the priest starts praying for the group to have Divine Favor if a battle should ensue.

He then readies his crossbow and checks that the hilt of his sword is within easy grasp. He would rather not come into direct combat but he will if cornered.
DM Kool
 GM, 4 posts
 The Overmind of all
 things creepy-crawly
Wed 22 Nov 2006
at 00:24
Re: New friends, new futures
Time to meet me!

<background music> Dun dun dunnn! </background music>

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:27, Wed 22 Nov 2006.

Rayorr
 player, 4 posts
 Ini:+0, AC:18 FF:17 T:11
 HP:20/20, Svs:F+6/R+1/W+7
Wed 22 Nov 2006
at 16:08
Re: New friends, new futures
<Waves>Howdy boss!</Waves>
Palanhilion
 player, 18 posts
 Init:  +8  AC: 14/12/10
 HP: 21/21    F+2 R+4 W+4
Wed 22 Nov 2006
at 16:24
Re: New friends, new futures
"If you can, try to stay behind me, Lady Moonwhisper, and I shall protect you with my life if need be," Palan whispered to Kylie as they readied themselves for battle, and reached for the blade at his hilt.  Sure, he was clumsy in it's use - to say the least - but if an enemy got too close, a spell might not be advisable, so he readied his back-up weapon, just in case.
Kylie
 player, 156 posts
 Init +4  AC17/Fl15/Tch14
 HP 29/29    F+3/R+9/W+2*
Wed 22 Nov 2006
at 16:29
Re: New friends, new futures
Drawing her sword, Kylie whispers, "But I fight with Korgan.  He is my friend."  Not unused to hiding behind others until an opportune time for her to strike, however, Kylie does go ahead and get behind the elf to wait for such a moment.  She thought about using her bow, but after the punishment Korgan had recently taken on her and their previous companions' behalf, she knew she could not sit back and let history repeat itself.
Palanhilion
 player, 19 posts
 Init:  +8  AC: 14/12/10
 HP: 21/21    F+2 R+4 W+4
Wed 22 Nov 2006
at 16:35
Re: New friends, new futures
"Then I shall pray to the Seldarine for your success, and that you will not be harmed," Palanhilion whispered back in elven, and turned to flash her a brief smile, barely visible in the faint light carried with them.  "And I shall make sure that I will stay close to you, so that I can ensure no harm will come to one of the Tel'Quessir."
Korgan Nkopno
 player, 663 posts
 HP 57/89  AC 17/17/14
 Ini +2, Sv +9F/+4R/+2W
Thu 23 Nov 2006
at 23:06
Re: New friends, new futures
OOC: NPCed by DM Mike:

Reaching out to tug at Quinlan's shoulder, the tall barbarian pokes forward with his chin, a questioning look on his face.

----------------------

OOC: In other words, he is silently asking "What do you see?"