Moonsea: Sailing The Moonsea.   Posted by DM Scout.Group: 0
Rayorr
 player, 6 posts
 Ini:+0, AC:18 FF:17 T:11
 HP:20/20, Svs:F+6/R+1/W+7
Mon 27 Nov 2006
at 14:08
Re: Prepare to fight!
OOC: I'm here. Pretty bad assumption that Rayorr, the halfelf who is traveling with a drow, would need to carry a torch. But, he does have torches and will have one lit ;)

10:12, Today: Rayorr rolled 13 using 1d20. Initiative. 

This message was last edited by the player at 14:16, Mon 27 Nov 2006.

DM Mike
 GM, 974 posts
 ...
Tue 28 Nov 2006
at 03:04
Re: Prepare to fight!
OOC:
The group has a human, so it needs a light source, and you were latest one to post, so the honor falls to you.

Rayorr
 player, 7 posts
 Ini:+0, AC:18 FF:17 T:11
 HP:20/20, Svs:F+6/R+1/W+7
Tue 28 Nov 2006
at 20:20
Re: Prepare to fight!
[OOC: Well, with a torch lasting but 1 hour, and Rayorr having just 3 of them, that will be a problem ;) ]

The priest realizes that trouble is ahead. Before anyone rushes in to do battle, he casts light on his shield in the hope that this will help the human amongst them to do battle.
DM Kool
 GM, 14 posts
 The Overmind of all
 things creepy-crawly
Tue 28 Nov 2006
at 20:29
Round 1
Now that we have initiative and locations, let the first round begin!


02
A
B
C
D
E010304050607
FS1S2F
GG
HKoPaKyRaQuH
II
010203040506070809101112



Pa-Palan     - 19
Ko-Korgan    - 19
Ra-Rayorr    - 13

S1-Spider 1  - 10
S2-Spider 2  -  9

Ky-Kylie     -  5
Qu-Quinlan   -  4

Palanhilion
 player, 24 posts
 Init:  +8  AC: 14/12/10
 HP: 21/21    F+2 R+4 W+4
Tue 28 Nov 2006
at 20:29
Re: Prepare to fight!
OOC:  Well, unless you'd have Quinlan hold your hand as you were walking, I think you'd still need a light to avoid tripping and stuff, if you've just got Low-Light Vision.  ;-)  After this encounter, Palan could cast Light on Korgan's sword, though.
Korgan Nkopno
 player, 671 posts
 HP 57/89  AC 17/17/14
 Ini +2, Sv +9F/+4R/+2W
Tue 28 Nov 2006
at 21:24
Re: Prepare to fight!
(OOC: So do we have a light? and did we ready?)
DM Kool
 GM, 15 posts
 The Overmind of all
 things creepy-crawly
Tue 28 Nov 2006
at 21:27
Re: Prepare to fight!
Oookay, I don't think anyone surprised anyone since you made your checks, notified those who didn't, and the spiders can see in the dark anyway.
Palanhilion
 player, 25 posts
 Init:  +8  AC: 14/12/10
 HP: 21/21    F+2 R+4 W+4
Tue 28 Nov 2006
at 21:33
Re: Prepare to fight!
OOC:  Woops, cross-posted with DM Kool!  Palan will delay his initiative until after Korgan has acted, so he can get out of the tunnel and get a clear shot at the spiders.
Korgan Nkopno
 player, 672 posts
 HP 57/89  AC 17/17/14
 Ini +2, Sv +9F/+4R/+2W
Tue 28 Nov 2006
at 21:45
Re: Prepare to fight!
Korgan moves out into the room (to G06) and attacks the nearest spider, putting full power into the attack. He attempts to follow the attack through into the other monster.

22:43, Today: Korgan Nkopno rolled 33 using 2d4+26. Damage.
22:43, Today: Korgan Nkopno rolled 15 using 1d20+7. Cleave Attack.
22:42, Today: Korgan Nkopno rolled 30 using 2d4+26. Extra Damage if Critical.
22:42, Today: Korgan Nkopno rolled 29 using 2d4+26. Damage.
22:41, Today: Korgan Nkopno rolled 24 using 1d20+7. Confirm Critical.
22:41, Today: Korgan Nkopno rolled 27 using 1d20+7. Attack, powerattack 8.

DM Kool
 GM, 16 posts
 The Overmind of all
 things creepy-crawly
Tue 28 Nov 2006
at 21:48
Round 1
This not good!  Korgan just killed off my monsters!  Must...refrain...from killing...Korgan....
Korgan Nkopno
 player, 674 posts
 HP 57/89  AC 17/17/14
 Ini +2, Sv +9F/+4R/+2W
Tue 28 Nov 2006
at 22:16
Re: Round 1
"Damn!", Korgan exclaims as blood of the spider creatures slowly drips from the ceiling. "I think I just cracked a nail."

He holds the falchion in his right hand, suching the tip of his left thumb, then breaks into a smile.  "Well, so much for that. Let me just clean this."

he brings out a cloth and wipes his blade clean.
DM Kool
 GM, 19 posts
 The Overmind of all
 things creepy-crawly
Tue 28 Nov 2006
at 22:33
Round 1
Everyone is still a little tense, so I'll still count this as the same combat, no surprise round.

As Korgan starts wiping off his sword, a web shoots out from the other side of the room, covering Korgan.  Three of the spider-like creatures scuttle out of the other corridor, hissing and spitting.


Korgan can't move at all, but might be able to break the web with a strength check.  He already killed two spiders, so he'll be getting xp for that.  This is for the rest of you, and if he doesn't do any fighting, he won't get xp for them.


02
A
B
C
D
E010304050607
FS3ScScF
GS2S1KoG
HPaKyRaQuH
II
010203040506070809101112



S1-Spider 1  - 25
Pa-Palan     - 19
Ko-Korgan    - 19    Can't move

S2-Spider 2  - 13
Qu-Quinlan   - 13
Ra-Rayorr    - 13    <----

S3-Spider 3  -  8
Ky-Kylie     -  5

Sc-Spider corpse



OOC: Bwahaha!  I got past the Korgan problem!

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:48, Fri 01 Dec 2006.

Palanhilion
 player, 26 posts
 Init:  +8  AC: 14/12/10
 HP: 21/21    F+2 R+4 W+4
Tue 28 Nov 2006
at 22:49
Re: Round 1
Moving quickly inside, and to the side so the others could get through, before unleashing his main weapon - magic.  Calling out an elven word, he pointed his finger at the nearest spider, and three bolts of bright force slammed into it.


Move to I7, casting Magic Missile at Spider 1
23:44, Today: Palanhilion rolled 11 using 3d4+8. Magic Missile!.

DM Kool
 GM, 20 posts
 The Overmind of all
 things creepy-crawly
Wed 29 Nov 2006
at 05:29
Re: Round 1
Spider 2 scuttles around the others, a little closer to the party, then seems to cast a spell?

Will save DC 13 please Kylie and Rayorr before you take any actions.

Btw, if you want to know who's turn it is, check my last update post, because I'll keep moving the little arrow.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:49, Wed 29 Nov 2006.

Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 13 posts
 18/18 AC/FF/T 17/14/13
 Init: +3 F/R/W: 3/8/0
Wed 29 Nov 2006
at 21:10
Re: Round 1
Quinlan decides to launch his readied bow, only to find the arrow completely miss its mark. Disgruntled he knocks another arrow.

Rolled a (second) one...
Kylie
 player, 160 posts
 Init +4  AC17/Fl15/Tch14
 HP 29/29    F+3/R+9/W+2*
Thu 30 Nov 2006
at 05:43
Re: Round 1
Seeing Korgan stilled angered Kylie greatly.  He was strong and had saved her and their previous companions several times, the unfairness of his predicament unleashing a ferociousness she had not known she was capable of, and so Kylie moved past Palanhilion even as he was getting out of the way, and swung her sword hard at the spider nearest her.

H,04
23:35, Today: Kylie rolled 9 using 1d8+1. Damage.
23:34, Today: Kylie rolled 20 using 1d20+5. Attack.
23:30, Today: Kylie rolled 21 using 1d20+2. Will.

DM Kool
 GM, 21 posts
 The Overmind of all
 things creepy-crawly
Thu 30 Nov 2006
at 20:53
Re: Round 1
OOC: So those will be your actions for this round.  Still waiting for Rayorr though before we can officially move on.
Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 14 posts
 18/18 AC/FF/T 17/14/13
 Init: +3 F/R/W: 3/8/0
Thu 30 Nov 2006
at 21:10
Re: Round 1
OOC: Quinlan had a readied action, or so I thought. These take place outside of the rounds as soon as the condition for the action is fulfilled (in this case it's S2 coming into view). If you deem that not to have been the case, then Quinlan still waits for the condition, armed and ready.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:12, Thu 30 Nov 2006.

DM Kool
 GM, 22 posts
 The Overmind of all
 things creepy-crawly
Thu 30 Nov 2006
at 21:14
Re: Round 1
OOC: I can't find where you readied your action, and I've looked twice now.
DM Mike
 GM, 978 posts
 ...
Fri 1 Dec 2006
at 04:31
Re: New friends, new futures
Quinlan Fairfellow:
Quinlan slips away into the darkness, bow drawn. He peers into the darkness, using his keen senses, trying to find out what or who is approaching.

Ready action: draw bow to fire at approaching enemy (attacking either party of self)

09:18, Today: Quinlan Fairfellow rolled 22 using 1d20+4. Listen.
09:16, Today: Quinlan Fairfellow rolled 20 using 1d20+3. Spot.
09:15, Today: Quinlan Fairfellow rolled 10 using 1d20+6. Move silently.


OOC: There's the readied action.

Quinlan shoots his arrow, and his initiative is altered as per page 160 of the PH.

DM Kool
 GM, 23 posts
 The Overmind of all
 things creepy-crawly
Fri 1 Dec 2006
at 17:51
Re: New friends, new futures
OOC: Okay, fixed.  Still waiting for Rayorr though, and if he doesn't post soon I'll make him fail his save!

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:51, Fri 01 Dec 2006.

Rayorr
 player, 8 posts
 Ini:+0, AC:18 FF:17 T:11
 HP:20/20, Svs:F+6/R+1/W+7
Sat 2 Dec 2006
at 14:43
Re: New friends, new futures

09:29, Today: Rayorr rolled 9 using 1d20+7. Will save.
09:36, Today: Rayorr rolled 7 using 1d20+2. Attack with sword.


The half-elf priest moves to help fight off the spiders with his longsword in one hand and his lit shield in the other.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:45, Sat 02 Dec 2006.

Quinlan Fairfellow
 player, 15 posts
 18/18 AC/FF/T 17/14/13
 Init: +3 F/R/W: 3/8/0
Sat 2 Dec 2006
at 17:15
Re: New friends, new futures
Quinlan quickly slides along the corridor and out into the cave (pos I06). He follows up with another arrow launched at the second spider.


18:10, Today: Quinlan Fairfellow rolled 3 using 1d8. Damage.
18:10, Today: Quinlan Fairfellow rolled 16 using 1d20+7. Bow attack.

We should add +1 luck bonus to attack and damage rolls due to the divine favor offered by Rayorr's prayers.

Total attack: 17
Total damage: 4
DM Kool
 GM, 24 posts
 The Overmind of all
 things creepy-crawly
Sat 2 Dec 2006
at 20:00
Re: Round 1
The far spider also seems to cast a spell.

OOC: Before anybody does anything, I need a DC 13 will save from Palanhilion.

DM Kool
 GM, 25 posts
 The Overmind of all
 things creepy-crawly
Sat 2 Dec 2006
at 20:02
Round 2
As Palanhilion and Kylie beat up on the nearest spider-thing, the second one does something, and before Rayorr can do anything, he falls to the floor, asleep.  The first spider is now bleeding profusely.

Nobody do anything yet!  Still waiting for that will save, then I'll revise this, then we'll move on.
Kylie, I'll be using your actions that you posted earlier, or did you have a readied action too?
Quinlan, you're getting ahead of everyone here.  You already went this round, right?



02
A
B
C
D
E010304050607
FS3ScScF
GS1KoG
HS2KyRaQuH
IPaI
010203040506070809101112



S1-Spider 1  - 25    <----
Pa-Palan     - 19
Ko-Korgan    - 19    Can't move

S2-Spider 2  - 13
Qu-Quinlan   - 13
Ra-Rayorr    - 13    Asleep

S3-Spider 3  -  8
Ky-Kylie     -  5

Sc-Spider corpse