Moonsea: Sailing The Moonsea.   Posted by DM Scout.Group: 0
Korgan Nkopno
 player, 270 posts
 HP 22/47  AC 17/17/12
 Ini +2, Sv +6F/+3R/+1W
Sat 4 Dec 2004
at 10:50
Re: Malvaunt
 "Perhaps we should simply run over those those dwarves, get the information, and get on to the next harbour."
Merka
 player, 84 posts
 HP 19/16 AC 13 (T13/FF11)
 Init +2 Sav F3/R3/W4
Sat 4 Dec 2004
at 22:06
Re: Malvaunt
After Geth's revelation, Merka paused.  "Aye, Geth, that does sound as if they are in league with the Zhent.  If that is true, I want nothing to do with them.  I have no desire to incur the wrath of the Zhentarim at this early point in my career.  They have long memories.  Let us steer completely clear of them."

"Again, I am completely amenable to purchasing from, or donating to, the dwarf for the information."
  After a moment, Merka added, "Within reason, of course."
Brin
 player, 203 posts
 Init +1 AC 13/12/11
 Hp 20/20 Sv F6 R1 W6
Sat 4 Dec 2004
at 23:42
Re: Malvaunt
After listening to others, Brin presents the choice.

"So, the Captain has told us we have an hour or so before the winds turn aginst us.  Our choice is this, I feel. One, pay the harbormaster his fifty gold to remain ingnorant of our true pupose here and leave immediately, or two, pay the harbormaster, rush to see the dwarf iron merchant, and try to return here in time to leave today.  If we choose the latter, it will be difficult to present ourselves as merchants since we will not have time to take a load of iron ingots, unless we stay another day..."
Geth Helder
 GM, 76 posts
 INIT +3      AC 17/14/13
 HPS 16/16  F+4/R+6/W+4
Sun 5 Dec 2004
at 04:09
Re: Malvaunt
Geth thought on the options Brin presented and then simply "Let's keep our merchant cover, at least for a little longer. It may be worth it in later trips."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:09, Sun 05 Dec 2004.

Korgan Nkopno
 player, 271 posts
 HP 62/62  AC 17/17/12
 Ini +2, Sv +7F/+4R/+2W
Sun 5 Dec 2004
at 19:11
Re: Malvaunt
"I dissagree. I think we should pretend to be merchants to the people here at the docks, but it's no big deal if the dwarves know we're not. And if we speak with them now we can get out of here."
Merka
 player, 85 posts
 HP 19/16 AC 13 (T13/FF11)
 Init +2 Sav F3/R3/W4
Sun 5 Dec 2004
at 19:53
Re: Malvaunt
"Let's get someone over to the dwarves at once, then. I suggest Brin and Geth for that job.  We shall also maintain our cover here.  Perhaps my Sembian accent will help to convince the harbormaster that we truly are merchants.  I shall remain here and provide him with his bribe when he arrives.  I suggest Korgan and Vaargur stay here with Captain Dale, Dalton and I to defend the ship."

"And perhaps the dwarf will have product ready to go and hands who can get it here immediately.  We don't need to abandon that part of the plan yet."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:54, Sun 05 Dec 2004.

Geth Helder
 GM, 77 posts
 INIT +3      AC 17/14/13
 HPS 16/16  F+4/R+6/W+4
Mon 6 Dec 2004
at 05:27
Re: Malvaunt
Geth frowned slightly then nodded to Merka's suggestion

"So be it" he said in a deep, inflectionless voice and grabbed for his equipment (which was never far away, especially his bow and quiver) in preparation.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:28, Mon 06 Dec 2004.

DM Scout
 GM, 133 posts
 He who laughs last,
 just got the joke.
Mon 6 Dec 2004
at 13:46
Re: Malvaunt
Captain Dell adds, ”The land winds should last until a couple of hours before midnight.  We can set sail at any time until then.  Otherwise we will need to wait until sunrise tomorrow morning. I can be underway in about ten minutes.”

Thinking for a minute, he adds, ”If’in you hire a cart before you visit the dwarfs, you can load your ingots then and bring them back to the sloop.  That if you really want to buy any ingots of iron.  There is always a market for Cold Iron on the south shore, but it is not cheap.”
Korgan Nkopno
 player, 272 posts
 HP 62/62  AC 17/17/12
 Ini +2, Sv +7F/+4R/+2W
Mon 6 Dec 2004
at 15:30
Re: Malvaunt
"I agree. We should get going though. I'd rather not set foot on land here due to the unfortunate history of interactions with the slavetraders I have had."
Rystro Blackblade
 player, 66 posts
 HP 20/20 AC 19
 In +1 Sv:F6 R2 W1
Mon 6 Dec 2004
at 15:59
Re: Malvaunt
"Should I go with them to the dwarves or remain here? I can provide an extra hand either way. And I really have no preference..." Rystro says, being forgotten about.
Vaargurr
 player, 64 posts
 AC 17 (FF17, T10) HP36/36
 F+9,R+2,W+6, Init +1
Mon 6 Dec 2004
at 19:15
Re: Malvaunt
I don't minds goin', I likes dwarves.

The half-orc seems oblivious to the relationshiđ between orcs and dwarves.
Korgan Nkopno
 player, 274 posts
 HP 62/62  AC 17/17/12
 Ini +2, Sv +7F/+4R/+2W
Mon 6 Dec 2004
at 22:22
Re: Malvaunt
"I suggest Rystro go along to the dwarves, while you stay here and tell me more about Torm" Korgan says to the half-orc.
Brin
 player, 205 posts
 Init +1 AC 13/12/11
 Hp 20/20 Sv F6 R1 W6
Tue 7 Dec 2004
at 00:08
Re: Malvaunt
Brin thinks for a moment before making his suggestion.

"I think it is best if only myself and one other, Rystro perhaps, go to see the dwarves.  And I will also suggest this...if we do not return before the winds make it impossible to leave port tonight, or the situation here at the docks worsens, you should set sail without us.  We will follow as best we can, swimming if necessary.  Krais and I can keep one person safe in the water, if it comes to that.  I hope we can return quickly, however, assuming we hire a cart without delay.  Merka, I will provide you the funds to pay the harbormaster, and Rystro and I will depart immediately to acquire a cart and contact the iron merchant.  I think it is important we keep up our merchant facade as much as possible, regardless of what some not-so-pleasant people here assume."
Geth Helder
 GM, 78 posts
 INIT +3      AC 17/14/13
 HPS 16/16  F+4/R+6/W+4
Tue 7 Dec 2004
at 05:42
Re: Malvaunt
Vaargurr:
I don't minds goin', I likes dwarves.

The half-orc seems oblivious to the relationshiđ between orcs and dwarves.


Geth's eyebrow raised and a slight smile turned the corner of his mouth.

"The dwarves will love you for sure t-Vaarguur. For sure" he said in a dead pan voice, with only a little hint of amusement.

Korgan Nkopno:
"I suggest Rystro go along to the dwarves, while you stay here and tell me more about Torm" Korgan says to the half-orc.


"Let him get closer to his god Korgan. I know the dwarves would be happy to show him the way."

A chuckle actually escaped the rangers lips as he had visions of a dozen dwarves with axes carving a path on the orcs body while Varguur looked confused and said 'But I'm your friend'. It was a rather amusing thought. Then he heard Brin's suggestion and went quiet, putting his gear back down.
Merka
 player, 87 posts
 HP 19/16 AC 13 (T13/FF11)
 Init +2 Sav F3/R3/W4
Tue 7 Dec 2004
at 06:59
Re: Malvaunt
"I wish you the best of luck, Brin and Rystro.  Watch your backs, friends."

Merka put his hand on Vaargur's shoulder and spoke softly, "Vaargur, the orcs and dwarves have a, shall we say, history of unpleasantness between them.  That is why Geth was joking with you about it.  But I wouldn't worry too much about it.  That is just one of the dwarves' shortcomings."

Merka giggled from under the hood, and and murmured to himself in a pleased tone, "Shortcomings? Dwarves? Oh, dear..."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:51, Tue 07 Dec 2004.

Rystro Blackblade
 player, 67 posts
 HP 20/20 AC 19
 In +1 Sv:F6 R2 W1
Tue 7 Dec 2004
at 11:02
Re: Malvaunt
Rystro rolls his eyes, "And on that note, I think its time for us to leave." He shakes his head as he makes his way up and out of the ship, waiting for the others to follow.
Ashes
 GM, 115 posts
Tue 7 Dec 2004
at 14:00
Re: Malvaunt

"Aye Vaargurr, the dwarves likely would not take well to your worship of Tempus.  Often there is friction between their worship of their war god and Tempus.  Best if we don't rub their faces in it that Tempus is better...", he says, trying not to laugh out loud at the earnest looking half-orc.

"Yikes, imagine that meeting, eh Merka?", Ashes whispers to Merka with a chuckles when Vaargurr isn't watching.

"Shortcomings indeed.  No short jokes Brin and Rystro or you may find yourselves shorter by a leg bone or two.", Ashes says.
Vaargurr
 player, 65 posts
 AC 17 (FF17, T10) HP36/36
 F+9,R+2,W+6, Init +1
Tue 7 Dec 2004
at 14:28
Re: Malvaunt
So, I stay. But Geth, was yer grandfather or even -mother a dwarf? For dem might just as well be describing ye!

Vaargurr seems quite amushed.
Geth Helder
 GM, 79 posts
 INIT +3      AC 17/14/13
 HPS 16/16  F+4/R+6/W+4
Tue 7 Dec 2004
at 15:34
Re: Malvaunt
Geth simply smiled a small, condescending smile.

"I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 15:34, Tue 07 Dec 2004.

Brin
 player, 206 posts
 Init +1 AC 13/12/11
 Hp 20/20 Sv F6 R1 W6
Wed 8 Dec 2004
at 00:14
Re: Malvaunt
Brin jogs to the special compartment where he has stored his gold, and returns with a sack of five hundred gold pieces.  He gives fifty to Merka, to pay off the harbormaster, and then follows Rystro out to find a cart and head to the iron merchant.

"Wait up Rystro!"then, much more quietly,"Do I look like I am carrying a lot of gold? I would not wish to attract would-be thieves to delay our efforts..."
Rystro Blackblade
 player, 68 posts
 HP 20/20 AC 19
 In +1 Sv:F6 R2 W1
Wed 8 Dec 2004
at 16:51
Re: Malvaunt
Rystro eyes the sack. "Aye, I think that looks a bit suspicious. Perhaps we can make it not look like gold pieces in a bag." He smirks. "Throw some extra clothing in there. Make it look like a laundry bag of some sort."
Merka
 player, 88 posts
 HP 19/16 AC 13 (T13/FF11)
 Init +2 Sav F3/R3/W4
Thu 9 Dec 2004
at 04:23
Re: Malvaunt
Merka held the fifty gold coins in his cupped hands.  "Well, I'm glad my dear mother is far away and can't see me now.  Her boy, about to bribe a public official," he joked.

After a pause, he added, "For the good of Faerun, of course."  He had meant it to be a statement, but it sounded more like a question.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:17, Thu 09 Dec 2004.

Korgan Nkopno
 player, 275 posts
 HP 62/62  AC 17/17/12
 Ini +2, Sv +7F/+4R/+2W
Thu 9 Dec 2004
at 11:30
Re: Malvaunt
"For the good of Faerun!" Korgan stressed. "And hopefully for the good of us too."
Vaargurr
 player, 66 posts
 AC 17 (FF17, T10) HP36/36
 F+9,R+2,W+6, Init +1
Thu 9 Dec 2004
at 13:09
Re: Malvaunt
Vaargurr turns about and walks over to where Uulfurr stands tied up. He releases the horse and takes it off the ship for a short ride.
DM Scout
 GM, 135 posts
 He who laughs last,
 just got the joke.
Thu 9 Dec 2004
at 16:55
Re: Malvaunt
Brin and Rystro head back into the city.  The guards at the gate stop them again and ask them their business and what vessel they are with.  Then they are allowed to proceed.  Once in the city, it is not too hard to hire a man with a two-wheeled cart and a pony to pull it.  He wants two silver a load.  Plus he does know the location of the dwarven iron-dealer you are heading to.

Once Vaargurr has Uulfurr unloaded, he rides to the end of the dock near the Moonsea Gate.  There is a road that goes around the outside of the city to either side of you and there are a couple more docks sitting out in the water than the one that the Spirit is tied up to.  The guards at the gate are standing in front of the open gate watching you.

At the Spirit

You can see that the sloop that just came in is getting a more detailed inspection than the Spirit did.  The Harbor-Master is reviewing the shipment list of goods and his two guards have gone to inspect the boat, both topside and inside.

Captain Dell says, ”Now that is the type of inspection I have gotten in the past when I came here.”  Looking at the activities at the other vessel.