The North: The Ram's Head Inn.   Posted by DM Mike.Group: 0
DM Mike
 GM, 505 posts
 ...
Thu 13 Apr 2006
at 20:33
The Ram's Head Inn
Welcome to the Ram's Head Inn, one of the sturdiest buildings in the North, frigid region of harsh winds and cold nights.

The inn is three stories high and sits atop a steep hill.  From the top floor rooms, lodgers have an unobscured view for miles around.

Located on the outskirts of Deadsnows, the Ram's Head is home to a few regulars, but mostly new faces pass through nightly while the weather is good and the trails in and out of Deadsnows allow for passage.

Rates here are fair, as is the food.  The drink is strong and even the heartiest of souls can find something on the list of "drinks from many lands" that could send them under the table.

The owner is Bruuna Thundersky, a tall dwarven woman with slate grey hair and matching eyes.  Her smile is quick to come and quicker to fade.  She understands the need for customers, but does not suffer fools or fighters well.  Those wishing to brawl are invited to do so in the pigpen out back.  More than one duel to the death has been witness by the hogs and pigs Bruuna keeps back there.  And some whisper the remains of losers become either feed for the creatures or tomorrow's stew.

Brunna is helped by Mirylissa, a slender half-elven woman with icy blue eyes and stark white hair.  She is a user of magic of some sort, but no one is quite sure what spells she knows or what god she may worship.

A bard named Wyvern Hundredyards entertains in the inn about twice a tenday.  His songs are usually light and fun to sing along with, but when a serious mood hits, he can bring a hush to the house that feels oppressive at times.  Wyvern has been to most corners of Faerun and is a good, but expensive source of information of all sorts.

-------------------------------

Come in out of the cold!  Find a seat, order a drink or a meal, and enjoy your stay!
Amras Telperien
 player, 173 posts
 HP 35/35 F+5/ R+6/ W+3
 AC 15 / FF 13 / T 12
Thu 13 Apr 2006
at 23:06
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Having travelled a fair distance Amras spots the inn atop the hill. "Well that looks good enough. he says seemingly to himself. "Wonder if Zojair has arrived?". Looking down from atop his horse he spots Linwe winding her way through the undergrowth. Letting out a soft whistle he signals Linwe to come closer. With a glance the forest leopard moves closer, staying just behind Amras.

Arriving at the inn he approaches the stables. Looking down he nods at Linwe and with a thrust of his hand Linwe disappears into night. "Back at dawn!" he shouts with a laugh as the leopard enters the undergrowth.

Entering the inn he looks for an empty table near the fire. Sitting down he drops his pack to the floor and loosens his coat and waits to be served.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 2 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sat 15 Apr 2006
at 01:51
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
It's been a full days travel for Lynx, as he approaches the first real building he's seen in hours.  Finally, looks like a place to stay. he says out loud as if someone else was there.  However, he is surely alone.

As he trudges towards the building he mumbles to himself, Darn, dad.  Couldn't go someplace warmer...

He enters the now apparant inn, throwing the hood of his cloak back, letting his hair fall to his shoulders.  Colder than a wight's breath out there he says aloud hoping to draw some sort of laughter from the people in the inn, but finds that no one really cared for the bad joke.

Geez, talk about a dead crowd... he says more to himself as he walks to stand near the fire to warm up.
Yeamon
 player, 4 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Sat 15 Apr 2006
at 10:54
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yaemon had travelled many miles to reach Deadsnows. After setting off at dawn from his monastery, with only his thick robes to keep out the worst the weather could throw at him, he'd followed a route of landmarks he'd memorized from a map he'd studied in the abbey.

At almost the peak of physical health, he'd eaten up the miles with a mixture of running, jogging and brisk walking, pausing only briefly to take on food and water. Easily avoiding the distraction on men on his journey, only the animals of the region would have known Yaemon had left the abbey.

He did not slow his pace as he reached the outskirts of civilisation, but continued at speed until reaching a building he assumed was an inn. After asking for confirmation from a local villager, he made his way into the relatively warm interior of the tavern and out of the ever strengthening wind and fading light.

The smell of ale, smoke and sweat assaulted his nostrils as he made his way through the lantern lit gloom toward the tall dwarven woman, whose abrupt and businesslike manner gave away her role as proprieter."Madam, would you have a room for a simple Brother in this warm dwelling?" The voice was deep, considered and polite from habit more so than sincerity.
DM Mike
 GM, 516 posts
 ...
Sat 15 Apr 2006
at 21:04
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
At the mention of the cold outside by "Lynx", people look over to him and either shake their heads or grunt something under their breath.  None laugh or smile.

=================

Bruuna nods at Yeamon.  I've got the rooms, all right.  Might have to spruce it up a bit.  Windows've been closed for a few days now.  5 silvers gets you the room, add two more and you get a bath with it.  Make it 10, or a gold, and I toss in supper and a drink.

See looks over the dark man's shoulder to the other newcomers and mutters Huh...if it ain't one at a time, it's a tribe of 'em.  I may sell out of rooms tonight, so it's good you came first.
Yeamon
 player, 5 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Sat 15 Apr 2006
at 23:00
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon bows his head gently at Brunna's response, his deep voice softly letting forth the words, "Your generosity is boundless. I will take supper here as well."

Carefully, as if not wanting to draw attention to himself, Yeamon reaches within his robes just above his belt, draws forth a single gold piece and deposits it on the table in front of the Dwarven woman. The man then turns, scanning the interior of the tavern. Gesturing toward a dark recess he indicates where he will sit to Brunna, before heading over to a table and seating himself.
DM Mike
 GM, 517 posts
 ...
Sun 16 Apr 2006
at 20:33
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The tall dwarven woman nods once, pockets the coin, and brings over a tray with a mug of ale, a bowl of mashed turnips and potatoes with butter and spices, and a slice of roast beef.

=======================================

OOC: Some of you have voted for adventures.  I'll get some NPCs in here soon to introduce elements of those adventures soon. 
Krystophan Telenthail
 player, 1 post
 HP 22/22    AC  18/14/14
 Init +3  Sv  +3F/+6R/+4W
Mon 17 Apr 2006
at 01:21
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
With night fast closing in, the twinkles of fire and lamplight could be seen top the hill in the distance. Gently spurring his horse onwards, Krystophan hoped he would arrive before too long. The cold wind that had sprung up cut deeply, chilling him down to the bone. Hopefully this settlement had some sort of an inn, as spending the night outside would be most unpleasant.

As he slowly road through town, his eyes glaced around at the buildings along the road. Simple village structures apparently. He tried to remember which town this was, but he had only briefly glanced at a map in the last town he'd traveled through. Looking further down the road, the large structure sitting atop the hill must be the inn. No other building would need to be so large. Seeing the stables to the side, he directs his mount there to stable him for the evening.

Pushing open the door to the inn, Krystophan allows his eyes a moment to adjust to the light inside. It was nice to be warm again as he threw back the hood of his cloak and made his way towards whom he assumed to be the innkeep. "I'd like a room for the night if you have one available."
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 185 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Mon 17 Apr 2006
at 01:25
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair enters the inn in a rush. He shakes off the cold and glances around quickly looking at the patrons. He spies Amras and gives a quick wave before heading toward his table. He waves the barmaid over and orders a warm tea and a loaf of bread while taking a seat opposite Amras.

"Amras, good to see you. I'd hoped you'd show. I've been a bit beside myself with the inactivity. I never got a chance to look in on our friend in a bubble. Military secrets and all that."

He breaks off a crust of bread after it arrives and it disappears in his sleeve. A munching sound is heard as the wizard examines the crowd over his steaming mug.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 3 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Mon 17 Apr 2006
at 04:02
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
After warming up a bit by the fire, Lynx heads to the Dwarven Innkeeper that he overheard the other travelers talk to.  He waits for the others to get their business taken care of before he speaks up, Excuse me miss, anymore rooms available? he says with a charming smile.
Amras Telperien
 player, 174 posts
 HP 35/35 F+5/ R+6/ W+3
 AC 15 / FF 13 / T 12
Mon 17 Apr 2006
at 22:51
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Good to see you again my friend. I was beginning to wonder if any one was going to show. I too learnt nothing of the blight, only that the druidess was happy with our report that her grove had been cleared of the beast."

Looking around he watches as the inn begins to fill, "Looks like they are in for a busy night!"
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 186 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Tue 18 Apr 2006
at 00:47
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
In these times, a good room makes a world of difference. Are you staying here or have you aquired other arrangements?
DM Mike
 GM, 531 posts
 ...
Tue 18 Apr 2006
at 01:33
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The red-headed dwarven innkeep sees her opportunity to make some money and moves right in.

She walks to the center of the common room with a tray full of mugs of ale.

Right.  We got a lot of strange faces here tonight, and for that, I'm glad.

I got enough rooms to house six travellers, so long as they are willing to sleep two to a room.  Two beds, of course.

All the single room are already let out.  Long-standing visitors and locals who need 'em.

The rooms'll run 1 gold for the room, a bath, and a meal with drink.

That fella over in the corner already got one, and if he's willin' ta let someone in, the room's all paid for.

But if he's not willin', well, then either I got less room than I thought or you'll all have to get real cozy tonight.


She points to a slate with the menu for the night on it:

Pork Stew: small bowl - 10 coppers, big bowl 15 coppers.  Bread 5 coppers extra.

Roast Beef: 1 slice - with mashed potatoes and turnips with butter and spices - 2 silvers.  Bread 5 coppers extra.

Chicken Pie (Best in the land!  Volo's Favrit!): 2 silvers.

Ales: Ambercrown or Palehorse 5 coppers a mug

Wines: White or Red 1 silver a glass

Milk: 5 coppers a glass

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:03, Tue 18 Apr 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 175 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 18 Apr 2006
at 07:33
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
After hearing the innkeep make her speech Amras turns to Zojair, "Well if is okay with you we better grab one of the rooms."

Catching the attention of the innkeep Amras removes a gold piece from his purse. "We'll take one of the rooms please." he says respectfully. "Any reason why so many strangers are here tonight? Is there something happening in the locality? he asks as he hands the coin over.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 07:33, Tue 18 Apr 2006.

Zojair Thalsk
 player, 187 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Tue 18 Apr 2006
at 10:39
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair signals the woman. He will request one room for himself and Amras. He will pay, of course. I'll cover lodging if you care to get our food?
(Assuming Amras is agreeable, he'll order the chicken pie and bread, along with a glass of white wine)
After setting up their room, Zojair will kick back and take in the bard. Or rather two bards. Thinking further, this is not good. Two bards always lead to fights. Tempramental creatures, bards.
Amras Telperien
 player, 176 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 18 Apr 2006
at 14:47
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Nodding in agreement Amras hands over the necessary coinage. "Well my friend what are your plans for the future now it looks our services have been dispensed with earlier than expected?"
Yeamon
 player, 6 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Tue 18 Apr 2006
at 15:35
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon gulped down half his mug of ale before beginning on the steaming pie at a more civilized pace. It was his first proper meal of the day, and it took all his concentration to slow his metabolism down to a normal rate after the days exertion.

The conversation of the tall wood elf and the recently arrived man caught his attention. These two were obviously well acquainted, yet had not seen each other for some time. Their attire showed them to be seasoned travellers, and they seemed to exude confidence.

Yeamon tried to shut out the hubbub of the inn, straining to catch part of their conversation.
DM Mike
 GM, 535 posts
 ...
Tue 18 Apr 2006
at 21:17
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
A fat halfling wearing a fur vest and leather breeches waddles into the inn, followed by a sturdy female half-orc who wields a huge axe.

He winks to one of the regulars and calls out a greeting to the innkeeper, as if he is regular.

He takes up a tall stool at the bar and the half-orc stands next to him.

The dwarven innkeep comes over, chats with the hin and half-orc and then nods.

She goes back to the kitchen and comes back with four meals for the two newcomers.

As she serves them, she nods toward the party.

The halfling turns in his stool.

Oh ho, maybe I'll be gettin' some help for the caravan, then, eh?  Good, good.  Let me eat me meal, then I can joing you all to discuss our possible future together, eh?

The half-orc squints suspiciously and takes a big bite of her roast beef, showing her sharp canines.

==========================================

As the party talks and gets to know each other, the hin and the half-orc continue to eat and talk to Bruuna.

Once done, the halfling rubs his hands together, tells Brunna to bring a mug of ale and fresh cups over to the table and joins the party (almost as if he owns the very table itself!).

Ladoo Applewick at your service, me folks.  Caravan master, merchant, and fair trader.  I'm heading out tomorrow morning, makin' way for Yartar, then I'll winter over there.  You're free to stay there or move on as you like.

I'm lookin' for hands.  Hah!  Feet, heads, bodies, and eyeballs, too!  A dose of brains and heart would help, too.

Pay's more than fair, I say.  I match and often beat what other masters are offering by the season or by the trip.

This'll be me last trip, though, so we'll talk that rate of pay.

I take care of the food along the way, so you don't need to worry about that.

I'm haulin' a variety of goods, none of which is dangerous in the least.

I'd be able to offer experiences hands...say...50 gold coins for the trip each.

A fair rate, you'll find.


Sitting back, the merchant sips his ale and looks at you each over the rim of his mug.

The half-orc comes and stands behind him, her axe help over her shoulder.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 4 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 18 Apr 2006
at 21:32
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx hears the proposal and thinks about it for a minute.  I'm in.  I'm still at a crossroads for my journey and wouldn't mind to have a bit of a distraction to clear my head.  I'm not the best fighter, but I can offer my support nontheless.  The names Lynxalthain Kanan, but everyone calls me Lynx. he says as he extends his hand to shake.
Amras Telperien
 player, 177 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 18 Apr 2006
at 23:54
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Looking across at Zojair Amras gives the offer some thought. "I am free at this moment in time and if my friend here agrees we will offer our help at the offered price.

Amras waits for Zojair's reply.
Yeamon
 player, 7 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Wed 19 Apr 2006
at 13:52
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The appearence of the mismatched couple in the inn distracted Yeamon from the elf and human. He'd been about to walk over and introduce himself.

Instead, he remained seated and watched the inteplay between Brunna and the plump halfling. 'Must be worth something' he pondered on the halfling, given that the half orc was almost certainly a bodyguard. 'I can't believe it's love!'

At the halfling's approach to the the two adventurer's table, Yeamon makes his move, getting up and walking over the table, hovering at its edge. After listening to the offer, and the adventurer's responses, he bites the bullet.

Having spent most of his life within a monestary, 50 gold pieces is a meaningless sum, but the other's acceptance gives him confidence in the sum. As for the need of protection to transport harmless goods, that was a little more intriguing. Was this half-orc clearly insufficient?

"I will join you also, at the same rate" Yeamon's deep but soft voice announces. "Brother Yeamon", he introduces himself with a gentle nod; not quite a bow.
Yeamon
 player, 8 posts
Wed 19 Apr 2006
at 13:53
Re: The Ram's Head Inn

This message was deleted by the player at 13:54, Wed 19 Apr 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 178 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 19 Apr 2006
at 14:18
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Amras watches as the stranger approaches and listens as he accepts the job. As the monk introduces himself Amras nods and with a smile says "I am Amras Telperien, my friend here is Zojair, What brings you to this part of the realm Brother Yeamon?"
Yeamon
 player, 9 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Wed 19 Apr 2006
at 23:16
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"The cold." Yeamon answers Amras softly, with the merest hint of a smile. He then gives the same small bow to both the elf and Zojair, before looking around to see if any of the other patrons will throw in their lot.
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 188 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Wed 19 Apr 2006
at 23:57
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair nods to Amras. He finishes up his meal and listens to the caravan master. Work like this should be a bit slower paced then I'm used to, but I have many studies to catch up on. Perhaps you could use a user of the art? He leans back and examines the others offering to join. He nods politely to everyone but takes an interest in Yeamon. He stares at his vestments and notices his fluid movements.
Krystophan Telenthail
 player, 3 posts
 HP 22/22    AC  18/14/14
 Init +3  Sv  +3F/+6R/+4W
Thu 20 Apr 2006
at 13:11
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Listening intently to the offer put forth to the tavern, Krystophan stands and makes his way to the caravan master. "I would be interested in joining your little group. I'm assuming the skills of a ranger would be of use to you."

Giving the man a slight bow, he sits back down at the table, seeming to drift off into almost a trance yet still listening to all that occurs around him.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 5 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 21 Apr 2006
at 02:48
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx greets everyone as they introduce themselves.  Hope you guys don't mind stories.  I am a storyteller at heart, and a seeker of stories of all kinds. he says, trying to get to know the others.
DM Mike
 GM, 546 posts
 ...
Fri 21 Apr 2006
at 05:52
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Ladoo the merchant claps his hands.  Oh, this is splendid!  Normally I get a dozen questions, then I have to buy more drinks, and oh...this worked out so well!

The wagons are out in the public square if you'd like to see them or go meet some of the drivers.

And if you have any business to finish up, we have time.  We leave just after dawn kisses the sky.

Wonderful!


He gets up and makes ready to leave.
DM Mike
 GM, 547 posts
 ...
Fri 21 Apr 2006
at 06:08
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
As Ladoo gets up, the door to the Ram's Head opens and a thin boy is almost blown into the common room.

Someone shuts the door and the boy shakes off the heavy wool cloak he wears.

On his head is a bandage that is a little stained with old blood.

A rough-looking man of about 30 winters stands and waves the lad to him.

Hey Kiran, come sit here.  I'll pay for your meal.

Bruuna comes over and takes the boy by his arm.

Nah, he's helping me in the kitchen tonight, ain't ya, Kiran?

The boy starts to stammer out an answer, but Brunna sticks a piece of bread in his mouth and practically drags him into the kitchen.

From near the man who spoke, someone says <yellow?"Don' worry Jonno, you'll have time to prove you can be nice, too"</yellow> to which chuckles follow.

You manage to overhear someone mention "Malar", someone else say "hunt at his farm", and someone else say that Kiran was lucky to be alive.
Amras Telperien
 player, 179 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 21 Apr 2006
at 08:12
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
As blunt as ever Amras asks loudly to the man who stood, "What caused that boy's wounds?"
Yeamon
 player, 10 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Fri 21 Apr 2006
at 09:32
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Amras's reaction surprised Yeamon. The fact that he was out of his element, in a busy inn, put him at a disadvantage, being used to the quiet solitude of the abbey. He was not entirely comfortable in the noisy tavern.

However, his reflexes served him well, and he recovered before anyone would have noticed. Having not sat down, the monk glides away from the table, to a position a couple of paces to the side of a line drawn directly between Amras and the target of his question.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 6 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 21 Apr 2006
at 16:22
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx stands and watches what is transpiring, those that are near him can hear him say Malar... now where have I heard that?

11:20, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 15 using 1d20+5. Bardic Knowledge.
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 189 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Fri 21 Apr 2006
at 23:55
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair recites a little from him store of knowledge odds and ends. Malar, beast god of the hunt and were-creatures. Not really an evil god, as much a force of nature, say the equal of a bear or eagle. His worshippers usually have ritiuals where a hunt is held. Usually for a sacraficial "prey". He almost looks embarassed by spouting off infomation. He shrugs and continues Is there a Malar following in these parts?
Yeamon
 player, 11 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Tue 25 Apr 2006
at 06:15
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Perhaps we should leave this," Yeamon slowly speaks in the direction of Amras, while still looking at the other man, as the standoff continues.
Krystophan Telenthail
 player, 4 posts
 HP 22/22    AC  18/14/14
 Init +3  Sv  +3F/+6R/+4W
Tue 25 Apr 2006
at 15:35
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Hearing the name of Malar spoken, Krystophan looks up at those whom have voiced questions about the god. "Maybe not an evil god, but a bane towards those who follow the natural way of the forest. His followers seem only concerned with their own power and forcing their control over nature, not living in harmony with it."

Standing to his feet, Krystophan moves toward the caravan owner.

"As important as your cargo may be, an incursion by the followers of Malar does not bode well for the inhapitants of this village. I would recommend we attempt to learn more of this situation."
Amras Telperien
 player, 181 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 27 Apr 2006
at 15:39
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"What do you think Zojair, if there is a Malar or whatever you said around here do we need to take a look?" asks Amras.
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 190 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Fri 28 Apr 2006
at 01:10
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair gets thoughtful and replies Well my friend, what are we doing here now? Cooling our heels after a semi-successful scounting mission. We don't have many propects and I don't see any gain in this. Religous sects aren't high on my list of people to cross. And besides Malarites, I believe they are called, aren't known for their good deeds. We could stir up some real trouble. I have heard of clans "adopting" a town, but ususally not for a totally wholesome reason. Generally I've heard they are unpleasant, secretative, and dirty. What do we have to gain by snooping in their business? I think we should help with the guard duty and look for work elsewhere. Simple work for now. How about you? What are your thoughts?
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 8 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 28 Apr 2006
at 01:16
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx ponders to himself for a moment.  Interesting dilemma...guard duty, or hunting down a cult...I wanna help with both, but...what to do? he says outloud.
DM Mike
 GM, 555 posts
 ...
Fri 28 Apr 2006
at 01:57
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
An older man, about 50 winters old, comes up to the table and nods toward the kitchen.

That lad, he's bein' watched over by some folk hereabout.

Me?  I'd just as soon see him move away.  He got no family no more.  They all were killed by priests of that beast god, Malar.  Why he was spared, I couldn't say.

The priests, they come back in the night lookin' for him.  They want him killed, but folk manage to hide him so well, he can never be found.

Trouble, that's what he is.  Somethin' odd about that lad.


He shrugs, then heads back to his table.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 9 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 28 Apr 2006
at 03:03
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx eyes finally light up, Of course, that's it.  Bring the boy on the caravan!  It would get him away from here, and hopefully keep him safe. he says.
Amras Telperien
 player, 183 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 28 Apr 2006
at 07:30
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Zojair you talk sense as always...but if that boy is in trouble can we really leave him to be killed? Perhaps we should take him with us."replies Amras.
Yeamon
 player, 13 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Fri 28 Apr 2006
at 10:25
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The monk opens his hands in front of him in a concilatory gesture, communicating his approval, if not enthusiasm for the decision.
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 191 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Fri 28 Apr 2006
at 10:56
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair finds himself nodding at Amras' words. He smiles and says I think that would work out fine. We should keep this secret however He glances around at the newcomers Malar's clan could have eyes or ears anywhere. Talk to the caravan master and see that is agreeable while I chat with the boy.

OOC: If Amras is game I am. BTW have we rp'd and joined into a group or what? I noticed Yeamonis kind of on the outside looking in. Is this true of Krystophan and Lynx? If so we need to get rp'd together.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 10 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 28 Apr 2006
at 16:53
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC:I think DM Mike just jumped ahead, since it was taking too long.  I think he is assuming we've met and have been talking.  At least that's how I interpreted it.
Amras Telperien
 player, 184 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 28 Apr 2006
at 22:59
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Looking across at the newcomer who made the suggestion Amras nods, "Welcome stranger I am Amras, this is Zojair, plase join us so we can discuss the situation more." he says  pointing to the chair opposite.

Looking across at the monk he adds,"If you would like to joiin us Master monk you would be most welcome."
Yeamon
 player, 14 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Sat 29 Apr 2006
at 09:25
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Brother, please." Yeamon corrects Amras before graciously accepting the offer of a seat. As he does so, he casts a steely glance back to the man who had hailed the boy.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 11 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sat 29 Apr 2006
at 19:07
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The half-elf, Lynx, blinks for a moment, realizing he never introduced himself.  He bows to the group, I am Lynxalthian Kanan, but everyone calls me Lynx.  I am a traveling storyteller, searching for other stories and secrets that may have been lost to time. he says with a smile.
DM Mike
 GM, 558 posts
 ...
Sun 30 Apr 2006
at 16:33
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynxalthian Kanan:
OOC:I think DM Mike just jumped ahead, since it was taking too long.  I think he is assuming we've met and have been talking.  At least that's how I interpreted it.


=================================

FROM DM

OOC: Indeed I did.  I wanted to get you together as a group, as opposed to people thinking of becoming a group.

You can RP as you like, since it will take DM Kindred a bit to get going here - he will probably be ready in the middle of next week.  But for the sake of things, we'll go with the assumption that you will or have decided to work together and adventure together.


DM Kindred
 GM, 3 posts
Thu 4 May 2006
at 16:28
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: Ok guys Let us assume that you guys have an accord to work together as a group. I am gonna be moving the story forward now. Everyone hold on to your hats!

IC:

You all sit and discuss the situations some more. Should you try to find the Malarites and figure out their interest in the boy? Should you take the caravan mission and forget about it completely? Or should you take the boy with you and try to protect him on the caravan. While these wieghty matters occupy your time a few things happen in the inn.

1) The evening entertainment arrives. I.e. a guy playing a mandolin and singing. He is no bard but he sounds ok for the setting you guys are in.

2) One of the kitchen staff go over to Landoo and has a discussion with him. You are all too far away to overhear and the music would have made it impossible to make much of the conversation anyway on top of which the noise in the common room has increased dramatically with the people coming in for drinks or a meal.

3) A dark cloaked figure enters the common room and sits in a corner drinking a glass of wine. He seems to observe all the comings and goings as well as giving the pc's a once over and then ignoring them for the rest of the night.

Spot check please. Just include it in your next post.
Amras Telperien
 player, 186 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 5 May 2006
at 08:29
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The inn getting busier Amras pulls his bag closer to the table, his foot resting gently against it. "Well do we go ahead and offer to take the boy with us on the caravan. At least this way we keep the boy safe and earn a few coins at the same time."

Spot Check 15
Yeamon
 player, 16 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Fri 5 May 2006
at 12:26
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
As far as Yeamon was concerned, he'd made his view clear earlier. The boy could come along, but the monk was not going to be responsible for him. He'd already agreed on the job to be done, and was not about to reneg on his word to Landoo.

"We agreed with Landoo; we leave in the morning. Does anyone speak for the boy, or does he have his own voice?" Although softly spoken, there is something a little challenging in the brother's tone, though not obvously directed at any one individual.

13:20, Today: Yeamon rolled 14 using 1d20+2. spot check.
DM Kindred
 GM, 5 posts
Fri 5 May 2006
at 13:31
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon:
Amras:
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 13 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 5 May 2006
at 16:13
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx at the others, hoping to get their support on this, I really think we should take him with us.  If no one else will, I will take responsability for the lad. says Lynx.


11:11, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 20 using 1d20+2. Spot Check.
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 193 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Fri 5 May 2006
at 16:51
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair watches the others and throws his vote in. How much trouble could one boy be? We can leanr more of him while on the road.
DM Kindred
 GM, 6 posts
Fri 5 May 2006
at 17:34
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx:
DM Kindred
 GM, 7 posts
Fri 5 May 2006
at 18:21
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair:
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 14 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sat 6 May 2006
at 00:16
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx leans into the group and keeps his low as possible so the others could hear him, but others wouldn't, It seems we have a problem.  THe cloaked man is a Malarite.  I saw the symbol on him, maybe a cleric.  It seems we may need to be careful about what we say out loud.  I am going to go and talk to Landoo.

Lynx stands up and heads over to Landoo, Master Landoo, if I may.  My friends and I have a request regarding the caravan... he says as he pauses to see if the Caravan master is willing to listen.
Yeamon
 player, 17 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Sat 6 May 2006
at 10:05
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
As Lynx leaves, Yeamon leans in to the centre of the table, quietly talking to the others."I do not like complications. It seems this boy may become one, but I will not stand in your way if you wish him to come with us."

The monk then turns, looking over at how Lynx's conversation with Ladoo goes.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:06, Sat 06 May 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 187 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Sat 6 May 2006
at 22:53
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Hearing Lynx confirm the thoughts that had started going through his head Amras sits more upright in his chair but continues with his meal.
DM Kindred
 GM, 8 posts
Thu 18 May 2006
at 02:13
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Landoo Looks at Lynx seeming a little surprised at him being there. He seems to be have been deep in thought. Ok fella-me-lad how can I help you?
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 15 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Thu 18 May 2006
at 03:08
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx smiles as he continues, My companions and I thought it over and we would like to bring the young boy, which has been the victim of foul circumstances, with us.  While we are not from around here, we still can't sit by and by and let him suffer a foul fate by those that after him.  This way we can offer him a chance at a new life. says Lynx as elogantly as possible.
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 194 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Fri 19 May 2006
at 01:37
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair remains quiet but keeps a close eye on the cloaked man. He leans over to Amras and whispers The cloaked one carries a hidden weapon and a religous symbol. A claw or hand or something. Be ready in case of trouble. He nods when Lynx identifies the man as a follower of Malar. His eyes stay on the man as casually as possible as the other make their preparations and queries.
DM Kindred
 GM, 10 posts
Fri 19 May 2006
at 05:33
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Landoo's eyes widen in surprise when Lynx mentioned the boy. He shakes his head Listen elf boy you keep your trap shut about that boy! he says in a low tone unlikely to be heard from across the room. I've already made arrangements to have him brought with us it was supposed to be a secret! Now you just go back to your friends an pretend you've never seen that lad. Don't you know there are Malarites scouring the countryside for the boy! There  are a  couple in hear i wouldn't doubt! He then puts a smile on his face and makes a dismissive gesture. Look we'll discuss this tomorrow when there aren't as many people to notice. with that he turns away from Lynx and sits down and begins to eat periodically taking swigs from a large mug.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 16 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 19 May 2006
at 23:00
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx bites his lip as he realizes me may have spoken a little too loudly, which wasn't his intent.  He quickly composes himself, Fair enough.  Thank you sir.

With that he walks back to the table with his new companions, taking a quick glance at the corner with the Malarite.

As he sits down with his group he mentions, We're good.
Yeamon
 player, 19 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Sat 20 May 2006
at 08:22
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Perhaps then, we should retire and get some rest before tomorrow's journey."  The monk gives the group a nod, before turning and heading over to the innkeeper for directions to his room, giving the caravan owner a similar nod of acknowledgement as he passes his table.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:24, Sat 20 May 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 11 posts
Sun 21 May 2006
at 19:40
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The Innkeeper gives Brother Yeamon the directions to his room and then comes over to the table and inquires whether the party would like anything else. He then gives them the directions to their room so that when they are ready they do not have to come and disturbe him.
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 195 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Mon 22 May 2006
at 10:28
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Shortly after the monk exits, Zojair excuses himself and heads up to Amras' and his room. He takes a few moments to examine his spell book before going to lie down.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 17 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Mon 22 May 2006
at 19:17
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx also says his goodnight and heads up to the room that he was assigned.

OOC: Who was I bunking with?
Amras Telperien
 player, 189 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 22 May 2006
at 23:21
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Finishing his meal Amras downs the last of his wine before heading up to his room.
DM Kindred
 GM, 12 posts
Tue 23 May 2006
at 03:38
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OCC: Lynx I'm really not sure that was before I took control. But I don't think it matters.

Guys I was gonna post an update tongiht but I'm feeling a little burnt out. Sorry guys.
DM Kindred
 GM, 13 posts
Wed 24 May 2006
at 03:29
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx its two to a room. The Innkeep puts you in with Yeamon.

IC

Nothing of import happens during the night and the morning comes. There is a polite knock on your respective doors and someone tells you that the caravan is leaving in 15 minutes. When you arrive downstairs, There is breakfast waiting for you. Nothing fancy, just bread and milk. Something you can easily take with you. Anyone who wants something else or a bit more has just enough time to order it before the merchant leaves. When you are ready, you all set out. LAndoo ask about your skills and tells you he needs the following: 2 scouts, 4 flankers(2 to each side). Everyone else will be assigned different spots on wagons. If you are willing to volunteer for flanking or scouting duties just speak up.
Yeamon
 player, 20 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Wed 24 May 2006
at 07:04
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon volunteers for a flanker post, but will scout if there are not more suitable types.
Amras Telperien
 player, 190 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 24 May 2006
at 07:49
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Up at dawn Amras dresses and returns downstairs, leaving Zojair to finish his studies in peace. Moving outside he moves to the edge of the woods and lets out a low whistle. Aftera few moments he spots movement in the woodland and the head of Linwe appears. Throwing her some of the meat he had kept from breakfast Amras moves up to the leopard, scratching at its head. "Stay here" he says to her. "We will be moving on soon"

Returning inside he listens to Landoo's requests,"I offer my services as a scout Landoo if that is what you require." he replies, "It is a task that will suit me well."

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 14:25, Wed 24 May 2006.

Zojair Thalsk
 player, 196 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Wed 24 May 2006
at 10:42
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair arrives almost too late. He throws his pack in the wagon that looks most comfortable and begins casting a spell. A slight glow appears and he seems to gain some life force.


OOC: Cast False Life. +6 HP.
DM Kindred
 GM, 14 posts
Thu 25 May 2006
at 14:33
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Landoo nods at Amras' Do you happen to have a horse? If you don't I can provide you with one. You will be travelling about 100 yards in front of the caravan. But you may need to get back quickly
Amras Telperien
 player, 191 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 25 May 2006
at 15:29
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Amras nods at Landoo, "I do have a horse, it is currently in the stables. I will go and settle my bill with the stable hand and I will return." Turning he heads back to the stable and quickly prepares his horse and settles the stable bill.
DM Kindred
 GM, 15 posts
Thu 25 May 2006
at 18:20
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM:
Amras Telperien
 player, 192 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 25 May 2006
at 21:14
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 18 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 26 May 2006
at 06:52
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx wakes up with a lot of energy.  He finally had something to do other than travel by himself.  This way he figures he'll meet new people and gather some interesting stories along the way.

After a quick breakfast, he heads for the caravan, hoping not to be too late.  After hearing Landoo's job listing, he volunteers, "I'll take a flanking position, if you don't mind.  I doubt I'd be as good as a scout as Amras there.  He seems to have keener eyes than I."
DM Kindred
 GM, 16 posts
Fri 26 May 2006
at 16:03
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Landoo nods at Lynx Do you have a horse?
Amras Telperien
 player, 193 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 26 May 2006
at 17:50
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Checking the saddle Amras jumps on to his horse and guides it back to the caravan.   "Ready when you are." he says to Landoo.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 19 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sat 27 May 2006
at 00:08
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx smiles innocently, Oh right, no I don't. he says.
Yeamon
 player, 21 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Sat 27 May 2006
at 09:24
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Not having a horse, and not being a proficient rider, Yeamon approaches Landoo and explains the situation. "Would you prefer me to ride with the caravan itself? I'd feel safer with my two legs on the ground, than another's four."
DM Kindred
 GM, 19 posts
Sat 27 May 2006
at 17:45
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Landoo arranges a horse for Lynx and stations Yeamon to guard the lead wagon. Amras will ride ahead in the scouting position. Lynx, you are on the right flank. Zojair you are also on the lead wagon. The caravan rolls out shortly after dawn and you all travel one days journey away from the town. The journey is uneventful, you all see nothing worth noting. Landoo finds a clearing and the caravan stops. The wagons form a circle in which the people sleep. The guards patrol the outside of the circle on their watch.

The four friends Draw 2nd watch and have the job to patrol the perimeter. Dinner has just finished and most folks are heading to bed. Your watch will start in about two hours. As you relax around the campfire please make a spot check.

OCC: If anyone wants to do anything specific up to this time feel free to post it.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:55, Sat 27 May 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 22 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Sun 28 May 2006
at 07:19
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon's natural reticence had made striking up a conversation on the wagon difficult, but once they were in camp the monk tried to engage Zojair, with whom he'd shared the lead wagon, in small talk. After sharing a few details about his years at the monestary, he asks how he has come to to know Amras.

As their watch approaches, he asks Zojair if he will be staying within the perimeter or walking its edge. "You do not appear to be a fighting man, you see," Yeamon says without emotion.

08:11, Today: Yeamon rolled 6 using 1d20+2. Spot check.
Amras Telperien
 player, 194 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 29 May 2006
at 20:53
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Jumping onto his horse Amras makes himself comfortable as he sets the horse moving. Looking around he lets out a loud whistle and stares into the undergrowth. After a minute or so he finally spots the smooth movement of Linwe as she shadows Amras.

As they arrive at the appointed stop Amras unmounts spending the necessary amount of time to rub down and look after his horse. Looking across at Linwe he gives the signal for food and she disappears.

Having had his evening meal Amras checks his pack, cleans his weapons before preparing for his watch.

21:53, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 21 using 1d20+4. Spot Check
DM Kindred
 GM, 20 posts
Tue 30 May 2006
at 05:34
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The different watches go by uneventfully that night. At breakfast the next morning you notice Landoo going to the lead wagon, this is the wagon where Landoo sleeps, it is basically a house on wheels. There is a little door in the side, Landoo opens the door and is passing some food inside.

Spot checks please DC 15
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 20 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 30 May 2006
at 05:43
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx thanks Landoo for the use of a horse.  After getting used to the animal, he doesn't have much trouble riding it.  Along the way, Lynx will regail those nearby him in the exploits of a wizard that he had heard about back from his home.

00:42, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 15 using 1d20+9. Perform: Oratory.

00:38, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 4 using 1d20+2. Spot.
Yeamon
 player, 23 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Tue 30 May 2006
at 06:18
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon performs a light jog around the camp after waking, stopping to perform a strange ritual of stretches and twists before accepting a moderate portion of breakfast from the caravan hangers-on. He eats among the group and listens to Lynxalthian's tales with interest, keen to absorb all he can of this 'outside' world. Landoo catches his attention as he walks past carrying a bowl of food heading for the lead wagon.

07:05, Today: Yeamon rolled 16 using 1d20+2. Spot check.
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 197 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Tue 30 May 2006
at 10:41
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair nods as Yeamon speaks. Oh I've seen a fair amount of battle. But not all battles are won with swords. I prefer to fight with my mind. You seem to be a man of action. Physically anyway. Zojair will talk as long as watch and then will return to his wagon to grab some sleep for the rest of the night.

On morning he is busy eating and is oblivious to Landoo's actions.

OOC: Spot 5
DM Kindred
 GM, 20 posts
Tue 30 May 2006
at 16:08
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon:

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 16:08, Tue 30 May 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 195 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 30 May 2006
at 15:00
Re: The Ram's Head Inn


Having completed his normal morning routine Amras waits for the order to move on. He watches as Landoo enters his caravan.

15:58, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 20 using 1d20+4. Spot Check.
DM Kindred
 GM, 21 posts
Tue 30 May 2006
at 17:00
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Amras:


OCC: once everyone responds to what they saw or didn't see I will move forward again.
Amras Telperien
 player, 196 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 30 May 2006
at 17:30
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Amras smiles as he sees inside the caravan.

Moving across to his horse he checks it over once more and prepares to move out.
Yeamon
 player, 24 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 30 May 2006
at 21:45
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon finishes his meal, then leans across to Zojair, his quiet deep voice addressing the magic man,

The monk then rises and strolls back toward the lead wagon where he and Zojair had spent the previous day's travel.

OOC: How many wagons are there, and are there any other guards apart from the half orc woman?
DM Kindred
 GM, 22 posts
Wed 31 May 2006
at 15:31
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: There are three wagons. Two transporting Landoo's goods. You have all caught glimpses of the goods in the those, mundane items of little note. The third wagon is where Landoo makes his home.
There are four Half orc guards with Landoo in addition to you guys but these are his personal guards. You guys guard the wagons. :)

IC:



When you set out this morning Landoo asks Yeamon and Zojair to take up their positions on the lead wagon, he assigns Amras and Lynx to scouting duty. The four half-orcs are assigned to the other positions. Two riding rear guard and one on each flank.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:53, Wed 31 May 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 25 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 2 Jun 2006
at 15:57
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
As the caravan makes its way onward, Yeamon sits quietly atop the lead wagon, reverting back to his usual 'quieter' mood. Unable to burn off excess energy while riding with the wagon, the monk diverts his attention to some internal meditation, pondering upon some great mystery.
DM Kindred
 GM, 23 posts
Sat 3 Jun 2006
at 18:37
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
You all travel for a couple of hours. A couple of minutes before you are suppose to stop for the midday meal the scouts spot a large tree accross the road. One of the flankers spot it as well and tells Landoo to stop the caravan. All the guards go back to the wagons except the scouts who need to make spot checks.
Amras Telperien
 player, 197 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Sat 3 Jun 2006
at 21:52
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Seing the tree across the road Amras remains seated whilst the guards report back to the caravan.

2:49, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 13 using 1d20+4. Spot Check.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 21 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sat 3 Jun 2006
at 22:38
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx looks at the tree quizicly.  What do you think it is? he asks Amras.

17:36, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 10 using 1d20+2. Spot.
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 198 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Mon 5 Jun 2006
at 10:40
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair quickly casts a spell on himself.


OOC: Cast False Life. + 14 HP
06:39, Today: Zojair Thalsk rolled 14 using 1d10+4. false lifew.
Yeamon
 player, 26 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Mon 5 Jun 2006
at 12:29
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon watches the half orcs manoeuvre as a signal comes back to the caravan. As the lead wagon trundles to a halt, the monk sits empassively, but as Zojair begins to invoke some magical power next to him, he becomes uneasy.

Rather perplexed, and a little confused as to whether the magician is witholding something, he turns to his companion and bluntly asks, "What, ...are you doing?"
DM Kindred
 GM, 24 posts
Mon 5 Jun 2006
at 16:25
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx you don't see anything.

Amras

Zojair & Yeamon

Landoo asks you to go and investigate the fallen logs with the other two.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:28, Mon 05 June 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 198 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 5 Jun 2006
at 23:30
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Showing no sign of emotion Amras looks across into the grass. Letting out a small whistle he looks at Linwe as she appears in the undergrowth and with a slice of his hand sends her back into the woods.

Turning to Lynx he nods back to the caravan as he whispers, "Two figures, crouched behind logs."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:30, Mon 05 June 2006.

Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 22 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 6 Jun 2006
at 05:52
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx nods and smiles as he rears his horse to head back to the caravan, on his way  he waves and yells, Hey, let's round up some muscle, we got a tree to move!

As he rides up to the others and Landoo he whispers to them, We got trouble, two figures hiding behind the tree.
Amras Telperien
 player, 199 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 6 Jun 2006
at 07:34
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Seeing Lynx's reaction Amras nods in approval and waits for the others to join him.
Yeamon
 player, 27 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 6 Jun 2006
at 13:07
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon watches and waits with Zojair as Lynx turns his horse round and canters back toward the wagon. He's ready to offer his help at the request to move the log, but a glance from Lynx makes him wait for the bard to draw alongside, and after hearing his whispered comments turns to Zojair with concern.

"Hmm. Two men. Seems unlikely only two would chose to take on a guard of this size."

Climbing down from the wagon Yeamon hails Landoo. "The half orcs should to tackle the log, they are stronger!" Then turning back to Lynx and Zojair, "we should prepare for an ambush, and must assume there are more of them. But we have the upper hand no! We should act casually. Can you help, magician?" His eyes turn expectantly to Zojair.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:11, Tue 06 June 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 25 posts
Tue 6 Jun 2006
at 16:14
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Landoo sees that it more than likely is a trap. You guys now that you are back at the caravan you are out of sight of the Tree. (There is a bend in the road. Don't renenber if I mentioned that.) Landoo comes up to the group of you Well lads! Time to earn your pay! He says rubbing his hands together, You four go check out the log, if there is an ambush, and its more than you can handle holler and then I'll send the half-orcs charging in. I don't want to leave the caravan undefended. After we have dealt with these would be ambushers, we'll see about clearing the road. That being said, You all have your orders... what do you do?
Amras Telperien
 player, 200 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 7 Jun 2006
at 07:56
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Waiting for Lynx to return Amras drops off his horse and leading her to the side of the road ties her reins onto the branches of one of the trees. As he is comleting this he puts the horse between him and the tree trunk. Once out of sight he utters a few words and makes a few gestures with his hands.

Finished Amras then returns to the middle of the road and waits.
DM Kindred
 GM, 26 posts
Wed 7 Jun 2006
at 15:15
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM:
Yeamon
 player, 28 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 7 Jun 2006
at 18:33
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Not seeing any further signs of life lurking around them, Yeamon simply says, "I will go ahead. I would be most appreciative if you were to watch my back."

With that the monk jogs lightly forward towards the log, gently gathering speed as he does so.
Amras Telperien
 player, 201 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 7 Jun 2006
at 18:53
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Seeing Yeamon approach Amras walks towards him. Once up close he whispers to him,"Six humanoids behind the log." then louder he says,"Let's wait for the others and then we will move the log."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:42, Thu 08 June 2006.

Zojair Thalsk
 player, 199 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Thu 8 Jun 2006
at 02:16
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
(To Yeamon) Zojair nods to the monk. Just a little something to give me a boost, in case of trouble...


As the monk moves toward the log, Zojair readies his crossbow and waits for the expected ambush. He gives a nod to Landoo and waits for the first bandit to make his gambit.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 23 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Thu 8 Jun 2006
at 02:28
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx nods at Landoo and turns around and rides his horse over to Amras's horse and ties him up, waiting for the others to get up their position.
Yeamon
 player, 29 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 8 Jun 2006
at 06:59
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon stops at Amras's signal and listens to his observations. Once Lynx is with them (Zojair has hung back with his crossbow) the three plan the next move.

With his back to the log, he draws up his hood so as to mask his lips. "We pretend the move the log, yes. Then when they make their move, I can take the two behind the log by surprise. I will jump over the log. That will give you time to draw weapons. Agreed?"

He then reaches inside his robe pulling forth a bottle, which he uncorks and downs. "Makes you big and strong eh!" he booms in a loud voice and laughs heartilly.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:03, Thu 08 June 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 202 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 8 Jun 2006
at 07:47
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Oh they are in for a surprise, Linwe is just in the undergrowth and on my command she will attack. You may not have seen her Linwe is my companion, a forest leopard. Lets get to that log"

Plan made Amras follows Yeamon and Lynx towards the log.
DM Kindred
 GM, 27 posts
Thu 8 Jun 2006
at 13:27
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
As the party approaches the log they see 4 orcs get up from behind the log at different points all pointing crossbows at you. Stop yer ugly brutes. We want yer money and yer wagons! One orc says. They have you in their sights and they have 3/4 cover.


Need two rolls from you.

Wisdom check
sense motive

These rolls are absolutely optional.
Amras Telperien
 player, 203 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 8 Jun 2006
at 13:49
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM:

"Who you calling ugly pig features!" spits out Amras as he continues to walk towards them. Then quickly he shouts in an unknow language, "Linwe Avist alm"


Suddenly a forest leopard leaps out of the undergrowth at one of the orcs just as Amras pulls his two swords out and continues to approach the log.

14:43, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 5 using 1d20+2. Sense Motive.
14:43, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 8 using 1d20. Wisdom Check.
Yeamon
 player, 30 posts
 HP 26/26  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 8 Jun 2006
at 19:46
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: Oh great, six!

Yeamon, about to leap over the log, is caught slightly off guard by the sudden appearence of the four orcs. It must have been the ranger's accent, but he'd only been expecting two, and men rather than orcs.

The monk's hands appear instinctively in front of his body as he spots the crossbows, as if ready to swat a bolt aside should one fly toward him.

20:37, Today: Yeamon rolled 5 using 1d20+2. Wisdom check.
20:38, Today: Yeamon rolled 21 using 1d20+7. Sense motive check.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:42, Fri 09 June 2006.

Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 24 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Thu 8 Jun 2006
at 23:00
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
17:56, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 7 using 1d20+3. Sense Motive.
17:56, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 20 using 1d20+1. Wisdom Check.

Lynx gets a small smirk at the thought of being called ugly.  He gets ready to get things started by going over all the stories he knows in his brain to use his abilities to help his friends.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:43, Fri 09 June 2006.

Zojair Thalsk
 player, 200 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Fri 9 Jun 2006
at 10:43
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair, unable to hear the orcs, fires as the first one appears. He quickly begins to reload.

OOC: 06:42, Today: Zojair Thalsk rolled 6 using 1d8. dam.
06:42, Today: Zojair Thalsk rolled 20 using 1d20+4. xbow.
DM Kindred
 GM, 28 posts
Fri 9 Jun 2006
at 13:47
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OCC: Replies in post above. The Orcs have readied actions, but after that you guys have initiative. I do init like DM Mike, I average the modifiers and then roll for the pc's as a group and the enemies as a group.

IC:

Once the orcs realise that you guys are gonna fight (clued in by Amras drawing his sword, Yeamons fighting stance and Zojair lifting his crossbow)the orcs release a volley of arrows. at the same time everyone hears a snarling sound followed by a squealiing sound and high pitched scream.

The party can act now. Zojair you can keep your attack if you want.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:59, Fri 09 June 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 31 posts
 HP 26/26  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 9 Jun 2006
at 22:24
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"It's a diversion!" Yeamon suddenly shouts. As the last word leaves his lips, the twang of numerous crossbows signals the volley of incoming quarrels.

Yeamon springs forward, as if to meet the volley in mid flight, his hands a blur of motion before him. Without pausing to draw a weapon he tries to leap atop the log between two orc heads on the right.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:36, Fri 09 June 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 204 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 9 Jun 2006
at 23:56
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Jumping past the trunk Amras brings his longsword and shortsword to bear against the nearest orc, his longsword biting deep into the flesh of the creature but the short sword catches against his foes armor.

Meanwhile Linwe has leapt out of the undergrowth and into one of the other orcs, her jaws catching the creature whilst her claws rake against the orcs torso.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 25 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sat 10 Jun 2006
at 02:56
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
I agree with you.  This seems way too convienent of an ambush for Orcs. says Lynx.

As combat ensues, Lynx decides to bolster his friends with a poem, Come my friends, let's teach these nafarious ill fated hoolagans a thing or two about attacking travlers.  Only Orcs would be as moronic to do so. he says in a loud strong voice.  As he also draws his Shortbow.

Inspire Courage: +1 to SV vs charm and fear, and +1 to attack and damage
DM Kindred
 GM, 29 posts
Sat 10 Jun 2006
at 04:12
Re: The Ram's Head Inn


As the Salvo of arrows flew at you and you heard screams of alarm and terror from behind the tree/log lying across the road Zojair fires a cross bowbolt at one of the orcs hitting the unfortunate creature in the chest. It screams in pain but manages to stay on its feet. Amras and Yeamon charge the tree crossbow bolts whizzing past them as the orcs made a futile attempt to shoot them down. Amras leaps over the log hitting an orc with his longsword the blade finding its way through the meager studded leather armor and biting deep. The orc falls to the floor his crossbow falling from lifeless fingers. Mean while Yeamon leaps atop the log kicking an orc in the face. One of the orcs tusks gets broken as Yeamons foot slams into its face with lethal force. It shakes his head and spits. Lynx takes a moment longer to react to the actions of the orcs but as his companions score hits he begins a poem that lifts the spirits of the party.


Next round add the effects of the song to your rolls



After the initial shock of the attack the orcs respond with varying degrees of success. The orc who got his face kicked in by Yeamon growls and draws his falchion from over his shoulder his eyes yellow and almost glowing with hate.He swings with all his might and manages to hit Yeamon almost knocking him off the log. The orc beside him foolishly decides to bring up his crossbow to finish off Yeamon by shooting him leaving himself vulnerable for a moment -Yeamon you can get an AOO if you wish he is using a ranged weapon in a threatened square- the orc's shot goes awry however flying high and to the right over Yeamons shoulder. The last remaining the orc beside the one cut down by Amras drops his bow and puts up his hands. A crossbow bolt sticking from his shoulder he is not about to take on someone who killed his friend with one blow. Especially when the someone has allies probably willing to shoot him again.


OCC: I am not good with maps yet so this is just a simplistic view of what the field looks like



          O LO               AO  O  C  B
                       lllllllllllllllYllllllllllllllllllll


                                 LK      Z



Key

O =Dead Orc
B =Broken Tusk Orc
C = Crossbow Orc (Yeamon's Attack of oportunity)
O = Surrenderd Orc
L = Linwe
A = Amras
Y = Yeamon
LK= Lynx
Z = Zojair


llllllllllll =Log
Yeamon
 player, 32 posts
 HP 26/26  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sat 10 Jun 2006
at 09:28
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon winces audibly as the orc's massive swing connects with his midriff. The blow knocks Yeamon clear off his feet, but somehow the monk twists in mid flight and lands sure footed back on the log.

With remarkable agility, he then springs back up, driving a viscious uppercut under the second orc's crossbow. Yeamon tries to snap it's head back, connecting with the point of its jaw.

The monk then spins back to the orc with falchion, in a blur delivering first a low left kick to it's groin, then a high right to it's ugly face.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:53, Sat 10 June 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 30 posts
Sun 11 Jun 2006
at 00:26
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
After getting hit by the Orcs massive sword Yeamon Uppercuts the orc with the crossbow causing his shot to go awry. (That orc missed you in the last round anyway so why not because of the AoO?) he then hits the the orc who had cut him twice in rapid succession easily dropping the unfortunate creature. whem that one falls the only orc left alive is the one who surrendered. That one after seeing the ease with which the party dispatched the Orcs closes its eyes and starts muttering in the orcish tongue. He falls to his knees before lying prostrate on the floor covering his head with his hands and visibly shaking.


Anyone speak orc?
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 201 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Sun 11 Jun 2006
at 16:19
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair moves forward cautiously and examines the kneeling orc. He speaks quickly in a strange language. (in undercommon) Can you understand me? Who are you?
Yeamon
 player, 34 posts
 HP 26/26  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sun 11 Jun 2006
at 17:32
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Brother Yeamon survey's the carnage, then clasps his hand to his ribs offering some comfort from the pain. A brown patch begins to appear on his robes as blood seeps through them. As Zojair speaks to the orc in a strange tongue, the monk says, "I'll check on the caravan."

With that, and with some effort, he bounds back toward the wagons.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:34, Sun 11 June 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 205 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Sun 11 Jun 2006
at 23:12
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Satisfied as he sees the last fighting orc fall Amras looks across at Linwe."Nice work my friend. Now go rest a while, I will call you when we leave but be on the lookout for any more.". With that the leopard turns and disappears into undergrowth.

Cleaning his blade he watches as Zojair tries to get something out of the remaining orc. Spotting Yeamon he quickly calls to him, "Yeamon wait you are injured. Here drink this." he says handing over a little bottle from his pack."It will help"
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 26 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Mon 12 Jun 2006
at 04:47
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx moves with Zojair up to the Orc, after the mage speaks in the strange tongue Lynx blurts out We know you can speak the Common tongue , Orc, tell us who hired you! says with a serious look.
DM Kindred
 GM, 31 posts
Mon 12 Jun 2006
at 05:12
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon


Other PC's
Amras Telperien
 player, 206 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 12 Jun 2006
at 13:38
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Sounds like those guys from the Inn may have had something to do with this. Let's clear the log out of the way and take this one back to Landoo." says Amras moving across to the log.
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 202 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Mon 12 Jun 2006
at 19:05
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair nods at Amras and examines the slain orcs for any clues as to their employeer's identity. He will also check for loot before helping to drag them and the log away.
Yeamon
 player, 35 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 13 Jun 2006
at 04:35
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon continues back to the caravan, momentarilly raising his hand to decline Amras's offer of the potion.

As he approaches the wagons, he fumbles in his gown before drawing forth his own potion, uncorking it and downing it before he reaches Landoo and the others.

05:31, Today: Yeamon rolled 5 using 1d8+1. CLW potion. (15 to 20HP)
DM Kindred
 GM, 33 posts
Wed 14 Jun 2006
at 16:30
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon:
Yeamon
 player, 36 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 14 Jun 2006
at 22:48
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:53, Thu 15 June 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 34 posts
Thu 15 Jun 2006
at 04:11
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 27 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Thu 15 Jun 2006
at 05:57
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM
Amras Telperien
 player, 207 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 15 Jun 2006
at 07:37
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"We need help moving this log. I will run back and get some help." says Amras. Turning he begins to run back towards the caravan.


FROM DM:
Two rounds Amras.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:32, Thu 15 June 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 36 posts
Thu 15 Jun 2006
at 13:33
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Orc is fascinated
Amras Telperien
 player, 208 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 15 Jun 2006
at 13:49
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
As he runs Amras lets out a whistle and calls out for Linwe. Soon she is running by his side as they get near to the caravan.
Yeamon
 player, 37 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 15 Jun 2006
at 22:42
Re: The Ram's Head Inn


IC:

This message was last edited by the player at 22:46, Thu 15 June 2006.

Zojair Thalsk
 player, 203 posts
 HP: 23/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Fri 16 Jun 2006
at 01:01
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair watches the orc fall for the bard's story. He pockets the gold for later division and reloads his crossbow.
DM Kindred
 GM, 37 posts
Fri 16 Jun 2006
at 15:52
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon:


Amras:

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:03, Fri 16 June 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 209 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 16 Jun 2006
at 18:18
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:28, Fri 16 June 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 38 posts
Fri 16 Jun 2006
at 19:32
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Amras when Yeamon posts his actions and the current round is resolved I will update you. Yeamon I answered you in a pm.
Yeamon
 player, 38 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sat 17 Jun 2006
at 08:22
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: Sorry for the delay guys.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:01, Sat 17 June 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 39 posts
Mon 19 Jun 2006
at 15:00
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon:

Amras:


Zojair and Lynx:

4 rounds since Amras left he should be back in another minute or so. The orc is still fascinated at Lynx's story telling. Are you guys doing anything in the meantime?
Amras Telperien
 player, 210 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 19 Jun 2006
at 15:19
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM :
Yeamon
 player, 39 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Mon 19 Jun 2006
at 18:41
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon

This message was last edited by the player at 18:44, Mon 19 June 2006.

Zojair Thalsk
 player, 204 posts
 HP: 23/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Tue 20 Jun 2006
at 11:21
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM
DM Kindred
 GM, 41 posts
Wed 21 Jun 2006
at 15:43
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon:

Amras:
Amras Telperien
 player, 211 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 21 Jun 2006
at 15:46
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM:
DM Kindred
 GM, 42 posts
Wed 21 Jun 2006
at 15:59
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM:
Amras Telperien
 player, 212 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 21 Jun 2006
at 17:25
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM

This message was last edited by the player at 14:18, Fri 23 June 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 40 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 21 Jun 2006
at 17:56
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM:

This message was last edited by the player at 18:01, Wed 21 June 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 43 posts
Fri 23 Jun 2006
at 14:48
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: Sorry this took so long I thought I posted something here on wednesday.

Zojair/Lynx

Are you doing anything? Moving the log, Questioning the orc further?
Yeamon
 player, 41 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 23 Jun 2006
at 15:17
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM
Amras Telperien
 player, 213 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 23 Jun 2006
at 16:49
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM
DM Kindred
 GM, 44 posts
Fri 23 Jun 2006
at 17:02
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM:
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 28 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 23 Jun 2006
at 19:56
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: I guess I will attempt to find out who hired him and his companions.  It is fascinated with me.  :)

Lynx satisfied that he has the Orc's undivided attention, sits down in front of it.  Now, my friend...do you know who had you ambush us? he asks with a calm smile.
Yeamon
 player, 42 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sat 24 Jun 2006
at 09:06
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM
Amras Telperien
 player, 214 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Sat 24 Jun 2006
at 11:35
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM
DM Kindred
 GM, 45 posts
Mon 26 Jun 2006
at 05:15
Re: The Ram's Head Inn


Lynx; Zojair.

You don't get much out of the orc. He doesn't know anything except that the leader of his tribe a half-orc known as Griff hired them out. He doesn't know to who he is just a hired thug.

After getting this info a scream splits the air coming from the direction of the caravan.
Amras Telperien
 player, 215 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 27 Jun 2006
at 09:02
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
With the prisoner bound Amras loks across at Yeamon "I will check the others  you see what you can get out of him."

With that Amras gets up and goes across to the others, starting with Landoo and checks to see if they are alive and if so the state of their wounds.
DM Kindred
 GM, 46 posts
Tue 27 Jun 2006
at 14:44
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM
Amras Telperien
 player, 216 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 27 Jun 2006
at 14:56
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:02, Wed 28 June 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 43 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 28 Jun 2006
at 12:23
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM
DM Kindred
 GM, 47 posts
Wed 28 Jun 2006
at 14:58
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Amras: Reply in your post above.
Yeamon: The man spits in your face.

Zojair and Lynx: You both heard a scream.
Amras Telperien
 player, 217 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 28 Jun 2006
at 23:02
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 29 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 28 Jun 2006
at 23:33
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx back in the direction of the caravan.  Your coming with me. says Lynx to the Orc as he has the Orc walk in front of him.  Coming Zojair? he asks the mage.
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 206 posts
 HP: 23/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Thu 29 Jun 2006
at 10:39
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Aye, I'll not stay here alone. the mage chuckles and begins the trek back to the caravan.
Yeamon
 player, 44 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 29 Jun 2006
at 15:33
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM
DM Kindred
 GM, 48 posts
Thu 29 Jun 2006
at 15:37
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OCC: Moving forward a little.

Zojair and Lynx reach back to the caravan. You see the dead half orcs and Amras pouring a potion down Landoo's throat.Yemon is holding down someone who seems to be bound with rope.

Amras, Landoo is coming around but he is still a little out of it (0 hp).

Yeamon, the guy spits in your face. I will tell you nothing! Let me go or face the wrath of the beastlord!
Amras Telperien
 player, 219 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 30 Jun 2006
at 07:35
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Reaching into his backpack once more Amras takes out of the last two healing drafts he had. Lifting Landoo's head once more he slowly administers the potion hoping this third draft would be enough. "Three healing drafts Landoo you certainly took a beating." Amras mutters as he waits for the potion to take work.

FROM DM: After the second Draught he seems about fully healed. Giving him a third would be a waste.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:20, Fri 30 June 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 45 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 30 Jun 2006
at 10:54
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon addresses the group as a whole, while casting the orc a suspicious stare. "They were obviously just after the boy. I don't think anything else is missing. They weren't interested in Master Landoo or the caravan it seems."

The monk stands up, hauling the bound mage up by the scruff of his neck. "This one may be able to tell us something, but he's not cooperating for the moment. We should get Landoo, and what remains of the caravan somewhere safe, where he can recover."
DM Kindred
 GM, 49 posts
Fri 30 Jun 2006
at 15:28
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
After drinking the second healing potion Landoo jumps to his feet. We gotta run! We can't stay here they'll kill me! Last time I do a favour I promise that! He is obviously just a little frantic.

The prisoner glares at Landoo Tell them who I am half-a-man, tell them whom they toy with.

Landoo looks at the prisoner and shudders. I do not know his name, but he is a lieutenant to the leader of a Malarite sect in this region. I beleive he is a nature priest. A druid. Landoo looks back at the druid and is unable to meet his gaze he shudders again.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 14:55, Mon 03 July 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 220 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 3 Jul 2006
at 11:11
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Do a favour for who Landoo? You better talk and quickly!" says Amras angrily.
DM Kindred
 GM, 50 posts
Mon 3 Jul 2006
at 15:02
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
For the people in the village you pointy eared bufoon! Landoo shreiks getting very hysterical, They asked me to take the boy to safety and hide him from the followers of the beastlord. You don't know what these Malarites are like. They meant to kill me for helping to hide the boy from them. Now that they think me dead I'm going to disappear. I'm leaving this place and heading south. I'm not stopping till I reach Amn, or better yet Calimport, I hear enterprising halflings can make a fortune there.
Amras Telperien
 player, 221 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 3 Jul 2006
at 16:07
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Showing your true colors now aren't you. Well you owe me for three healing potions and a weeks pay so pay up and we'll go and rescue the boy. If anything happens to him, it will be on your conscience and if I see you again just watch out. Now pay up Shorty! says Amras, obviously upset by Landoo's remarks.

Seeing his anger Linwe begins to stalk up and down by Amras, watching Landoo closely.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 30 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 4 Jul 2006
at 05:42
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Leading the Orc up and hearing the heightened voices, Lynx looks curious.  Can someone fill me in on what's happened? he asks.
DM Kindred
 GM, 52 posts
Tue 4 Jul 2006
at 15:05
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Landoo shouts back I'm a merchant not a warrior! He goes into the main wagon and comes back a few minutes later with four pouches which he tosses to you guys. He then goes into another wagon and returns with some bottles which he passes to Amras. There! While Landoo is doing that one or two of the wagon drivers start filtering back from the trees surrounding the road. Most show minor wounds and scratches more likely gotten from running through trees than from weapons. Landoo shouts to his drivers to come on and as they take their places the caravan rolls out leaving you standing in its dust. Last chance to go with them.

OCC: Each pc gets 300 xp points for wrapping up this stage of the adventure. Individual xp will be posted soon. The pouch contains 20gp. No Landoo is not going to pay you for the entire trip.
Yeamon
 player, 46 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 5 Jul 2006
at 07:32
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon turns back from the departing figure of Landoo and the caravans to his comrades.

He bends down to pick up one of the pouches. "It seems our contract with Landoo has ended. I have no special desire to make my own way back to civilisation; at the same time, I do not share your fascination with the boy." Yeamon looks first at Lynx, then Amras. "However, I have put trust in you, and will accompany you if you do not object."

With that, the monk thrusts the magician in to the middle of the group. "What are we doing with this one? Seems foolish to let a druid out on the loose in this country. One who is hostile anyway."
Amras Telperien
 player, 222 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 5 Jul 2006
at 07:33
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Putting the bottles into his pack and pocketing the pouch Aram watches as the caravn leaves.

Turning to Lynx he says,"The trunk was a diversion. Whilst we  were occupied the boy has been taken. Grab your stuff and lets see if we can pick up their trail."

"Yeamon we can either take him with us or we tie him up and leave him. What do you think?

This message was last updated by the player at 07:33, Wed 05 July 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 47 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 5 Jul 2006
at 13:00
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon thinks for a moment before answering. "If he comes with us, he will slow us down. He may give us away. He will be a liability. If we leave him, he may well escape. If this man IS a druid, he will find allies within these parts to assist him and is fellows."

Yeamon scratches his head, before turning to stare coldly at the magician. "Perhaps it is easiest that we kill him." Although not committed to the move, the monk tries his best to provoke a reaction from the man, but unused to these tactics, he betrays himself.

14:00, Today: Yeamon rolled 4 using 1d20+2. Intimidate. 

This message was last edited by the player at 13:02, Wed 05 July 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 53 posts
Wed 5 Jul 2006
at 15:25
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The man smiles at Yeamon. Kill me if you wish, I will still be better off than you if you interfere anymore in what doesn't concern you.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 31 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 5 Jul 2006
at 22:04
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx sighs heavily.  It may not concern us, but no child deserves the fate you have deemed for him. he says.

He looks at Yeamon, I'm glad you are helping my friend.  Nodding his head at the druid, I say do what you will with him, but I don't think we need his presence any longer.
Amras Telperien
 player, 223 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 6 Jul 2006
at 11:38
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Let us leave him here tied up, if he escapes he escapes but I will not kill in cold blood. Now let us move and find the boy." says Amras to the others.

Moving to the edge of the track Amras starts searching for the Tracks of the boy and those who took him. Calling out to Linwe Amras kneels and with a few hand signals he says "Find" and waits for her to move out.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:39, Thu 06 July 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 54 posts
Thu 6 Jul 2006
at 13:41
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
I will see you later elf The druid says to Amras as he walks away.

Linwe starts to track the ones who left with the boy but once she reaches a little way in to the woods she starts going in circles.
Amras Telperien
 player, 224 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 6 Jul 2006
at 14:35
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Studying the ground Amras realises the tracks have all but disappeared,"They have hidden their trail well. The question is what do we do now. Do we carry on in the hope of picking the trail back up or does anyone know anything about this area? asks Amras, diappointment showing in his voice.
Yeamon
 player, 48 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 6 Jul 2006
at 19:18
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon speaks forcefully and abruptly as the trail goes cold. "We will not fare well in these parts without so much as a trail to go on."

"We are without employment or direction of our own. I say we head back to civilisation. If you are still intent on pursuing the boy, we could try to pick up some leads back at the inn. The malarites seemed to be well known there, and not among friends! I don't think that druid will be of any use to us." There is a tinge of arrogance in the monk's voice, as if he expects Lynx and Amras to see that this is surely the only sensible course of action.
Amras Telperien
 player, 225 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 7 Jul 2006
at 07:28
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Agreed Yeamon. Let's take him back with us and he can face justice for aiding the kidnap of the boy." replies Amras with a nod."With no trail we have very little chance of finding the boy. We need to know where they have gone and the village is probably the best place for answers."
Yeamon
 player, 49 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 7 Jul 2006
at 09:03
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon bows graciously before the ranger at his words, and glances at Lynx for a confirmation. With that he heads back to the road.
DM Kindred
 GM, 55 posts
Fri 7 Jul 2006
at 14:47
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: So you all agreed on goping back to town?
Amras Telperien
 player, 226 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 7 Jul 2006
at 14:54
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: Just waiting on Lynx as Zojair has quit the game.
Yeamon
 player, 50 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 7 Jul 2006
at 17:03
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: ditto
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 32 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 7 Jul 2006
at 22:24
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: sorry, been busy.

Yeah, let's head back.  We need to get our bearings, and the town is best place to gain leads. he responds.
DM Kindred
 GM, 56 posts
Sun 9 Jul 2006
at 16:58
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Will update you guys tomorrow. Didn't have much time this weekend.
DM Kindred
 GM, 57 posts
Mon 10 Jul 2006
at 17:12
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Are you guys taking the Malarite back with you?
Yeamon
 player, 51 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Mon 10 Jul 2006
at 18:48
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: Yes, I think so.
DM Kindred
 GM, 58 posts
Mon 10 Jul 2006
at 18:51
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Ok what I need is a post from you guys telling me exactly how you plan to escort him back. Is he gonna be tied up, You going to untie him and just keep an eye on him? What about the orc?
Amras Telperien
 player, 227 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 10 Jul 2006
at 19:15
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Right lets get him back, keep his torso and arms tied, just release his legs and I will cover him. If he tries to escape my sword will soon bite. says Amras, "As will Linwe!" he adds with a smile.
DM Kindred
 GM, 59 posts
Mon 10 Jul 2006
at 20:31
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
You have about half a day left. It is a day and a half travel to get to Town. You can travel all night and get there in the early morning or you can camp at night and get there at about dusk the following day.

And remember you have 2 prisoners. The orc is still there and alive
Yeamon
 player, 52 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 11 Jul 2006
at 09:45
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
As the day wears on, Yeamon whispers in turn to Lynx and Amras his concerns. "I'm worried about nightfall. If me make camp, we may put ourselves at a disadvantage, especially while some of us rest. Also, I am worreid about the druid. They are as crafty as foxes! If we continue through the night, we will be tired, but so will they, so the odds will be even if they try something."

Yeamon walks beside them, waiting for his companion's thoughts.
Amras Telperien
 player, 228 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 11 Jul 2006
at 10:34
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"I think we carry on through the night. Let us get back as soon as we can." replies Amras.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 33 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 12 Jul 2006
at 07:41
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeah, we need to get back soon.  Night time is a good time to travel. Lyns agrees with the others.
Amras Telperien
 player, 229 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 12 Jul 2006
at 11:21
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"What about the orc, why not tie him up and leave him? says Amras as they prepare to leave.
DM Kindred
 GM, 60 posts
Wed 12 Jul 2006
at 16:22
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The orc's eyes goes wide when you suggest tying him up and leaving him in the woods. No please no leave me here. I not want die strange creatures hunt the night now. Please let me go. The orc starts whimpering and throws himself on the ground by Amras' feet and is quite literally grovelling. It is quite obvious something has scared this orc a lot. You can tell off the bat that he is not acting or bluffing in any way.
Amras Telperien
 player, 230 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 13 Jul 2006
at 08:38
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Talk! Tell me all you know about these creatures and the ones who hired you NOW!" replies Amras coldly, staring into the orcs eyes.
DM Kindred
 GM, 61 posts
Thu 13 Jul 2006
at 13:34
Re: The Ram's Head Inn


The orc starts wailing Me not know! Me just told to go meet priest men and they tell me ambush caravan. Please no leave me out in dark tied up. Strange shapes have been seen and old ones and babes been missing from tribe. Always at night.
Amras Telperien
 player, 231 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 13 Jul 2006
at 13:49
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Where is this priest man going to take the boy? Do you know where the men live?" asks Amras, his voice rising. Turning to the others he says,"We'll get going in a minute. Make sure you have everything and keep that one quiet.", pointing to the spell caster.
Yeamon
 player, 53 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 13 Jul 2006
at 21:00
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon lays a meaty hand on the druid's shoulder and pushes him forward.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:01, Thu 13 July 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 64 posts
Mon 17 Jul 2006
at 16:05
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The orc shakes his head in response to Amras' question. Me not know anyhting more. Don't know where priest men have camp. Just want go home.

There is also at this time a bloodcurdling wolf howl far in the distance. Amras, you recognise it as a hunting call but there is something strange about it. the orc falls to the floor at this sound and refuses to move softly crying anf whimpering in fear.
Yeamon
 player, 54 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Mon 17 Jul 2006
at 18:20
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The monk nods in the direction of the snivelling orc. "Leave it. It knows nothing more that can help us, and will slow us down. We should push onward to civilisation." His tone betrays a hint of impatience.
Amras Telperien
 player, 232 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 17 Jul 2006
at 22:34
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Let's go" he says to the others. Looking down at the orc he spits out,"Go, get out of here!"

Giving a whistle he waits for Linwe to appear before moving out, heading back towards the inn.
DM Kindred
 GM, 65 posts
Tue 18 Jul 2006
at 04:39
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The orc gets up and runs crashing through the trees. You travel for a while and the druid says I grow tired of this gamerelease me immediately!
Amras Telperien
 player, 233 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 18 Jul 2006
at 07:30
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Walking over to the druid Amras puts his face up close before shouting,Just shut your mouth and keep it shut or I will feed your tongue to the leopard..

Moving around him Amras checks that the druid's arms are still bound and the knots tight.

"In fact lets gag him, we don't wanr him shouting do we. Reaching into his healers kit he takes out some rags that were prepared for bandages and ties one around his mouth, leaving him his nose to breath.
DM Kindred
 GM, 66 posts
Tue 18 Jul 2006
at 14:31
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
As Amras approaches the druid smiled I warned you The druid seems to shimmer and his outline wavers. Where a bound druid once stood there is now an owl hovering. The ropes still knotted together fall to the ground.

PC's have init

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:32, Tue 18 July 2006.

Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 34 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 18 Jul 2006
at 19:45
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx quickly pulls out his Bow, as he curses in Elvish.  Shooting an arrow at the Owl.

14:45, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 14 using 1d20+5. Bow attack.
14:45, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 3 using 1d6. Bow damage.

Amras Telperien
 player, 235 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 18 Jul 2006
at 23:14
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Reaching out Amras attempts to grab the owl as it hovers in the air.

To hit 13
Yeamon
 player, 55 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 19 Jul 2006
at 10:21
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon's mouth drops as the shimmering transformation takes place. Amras's action snaps him back to attention though, and the monk springs forward, snatching at the owl's feet with remarkable precision.

11:17, Today: Yeamon rolled 23 using 1d20+4. attack - to grab.
11:17, Today: Yeamon rolled 15 using 1d20+8. Grapple .

DM Kindred
 GM, 69 posts
Wed 19 Jul 2006
at 14:34
First Round Summary
The druid quickly changes form and the party members are caught by surprise. Lynx is the first to recover firing an arrow at the owl that the druid had become. The arrow went awry passing slightly to the right of the hovering bird. Amras reached out to grab the bird but it moved a little higher just out of his reach. Yeamon manages to grab the bird but it slips out of his grasp and flies away.

OCC: The Druid won the grapple check Yeamon sorry. The bird uses the withdraw action to fly away.

The bird is still in range of Lynx's bow if he wants to fire in the second round.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 35 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Thu 20 Jul 2006
at 02:58
Re: First Round Summary
Lynx takes better aim with his bow and fires, hoping to land a hit this time.

21:57, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 19 using 1d20+5. Bow Attack.
21:57, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 4 using 1d6. Bow damage.
Amras Telperien
 player, 237 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 20 Jul 2006
at 13:00
Re: First Round Summary
As he watches the owl fly up Amras lets out a cry, "Damn it. Should have realised he would try this!" Seeing Lynx let fly amother arrow he waits for the outcome.
DM Kindred
 GM, 71 posts
Thu 20 Jul 2006
at 15:07
Re: First Round Summary
The arrow hits the owl which dips in its flight for a second then quickly recovers and cntinues to fly. It disappears over a stand of trees and is gone.
DM Kindred
 GM, 72 posts
Thu 20 Jul 2006
at 18:00
Re: First Round Summary
You can travel for the rest of the night or you can rest and hit the town tomorrow. If you travel through the night you will arive in town in  about 4 hours just after dawn. If you sleep now and leave at dawn you'll get there before highsun.
Amras Telperien
 player, 238 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 21 Jul 2006
at 07:27
Re: First Round Summary
"Right, come on let's get moving back to town. The sooner we get there the better I think." says Amras angrily, "Hopefully we will meet him again!"
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 36 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 21 Jul 2006
at 19:05
Re: First Round Summary
"At least I gave him something to think about.  How much you want to bet he will be back, at least to get me back for that arrow." he says as he regains his calm and entertaining nature.

Even still...I agree that we should keep going.  The less time spent in these woods the better.
Yeamon
 player, 56 posts
 HP 26/20  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sat 22 Jul 2006
at 21:18
Re: First Round Summary
Brother Yeamon, still rueing his faltering grip on the owl, merely turns and continues the walk to the town. He does not speak.
DM Kindred
 GM, 74 posts
Sat 22 Jul 2006
at 21:28
Re: First Round Summary
Ok, the first stage of the adventure is over. I am going to start a new thread with you all back at the Ram's Head Inn. We will intro the new pc/pc's and then you guys can head out and put the hurtin' on a cult of evil malarites!

Oh yeah I'll be giving out roleplaying xp too.