The North: The Ram's Head Inn.   Posted by DM Mike.Group: 0
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 189 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Fri 21 Apr 2006
at 23:55
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair recites a little from him store of knowledge odds and ends. Malar, beast god of the hunt and were-creatures. Not really an evil god, as much a force of nature, say the equal of a bear or eagle. His worshippers usually have ritiuals where a hunt is held. Usually for a sacraficial "prey". He almost looks embarassed by spouting off infomation. He shrugs and continues Is there a Malar following in these parts?
Yeamon
 player, 11 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Tue 25 Apr 2006
at 06:15
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Perhaps we should leave this," Yeamon slowly speaks in the direction of Amras, while still looking at the other man, as the standoff continues.
Krystophan Telenthail
 player, 4 posts
 HP 22/22    AC  18/14/14
 Init +3  Sv  +3F/+6R/+4W
Tue 25 Apr 2006
at 15:35
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Hearing the name of Malar spoken, Krystophan looks up at those whom have voiced questions about the god. "Maybe not an evil god, but a bane towards those who follow the natural way of the forest. His followers seem only concerned with their own power and forcing their control over nature, not living in harmony with it."

Standing to his feet, Krystophan moves toward the caravan owner.

"As important as your cargo may be, an incursion by the followers of Malar does not bode well for the inhapitants of this village. I would recommend we attempt to learn more of this situation."
Amras Telperien
 player, 181 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 27 Apr 2006
at 15:39
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"What do you think Zojair, if there is a Malar or whatever you said around here do we need to take a look?" asks Amras.
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 190 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Fri 28 Apr 2006
at 01:10
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair gets thoughtful and replies Well my friend, what are we doing here now? Cooling our heels after a semi-successful scounting mission. We don't have many propects and I don't see any gain in this. Religous sects aren't high on my list of people to cross. And besides Malarites, I believe they are called, aren't known for their good deeds. We could stir up some real trouble. I have heard of clans "adopting" a town, but ususally not for a totally wholesome reason. Generally I've heard they are unpleasant, secretative, and dirty. What do we have to gain by snooping in their business? I think we should help with the guard duty and look for work elsewhere. Simple work for now. How about you? What are your thoughts?
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 8 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 28 Apr 2006
at 01:16
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx ponders to himself for a moment.  Interesting dilemma...guard duty, or hunting down a cult...I wanna help with both, but...what to do? he says outloud.
DM Mike
 GM, 555 posts
 ...
Fri 28 Apr 2006
at 01:57
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
An older man, about 50 winters old, comes up to the table and nods toward the kitchen.

That lad, he's bein' watched over by some folk hereabout.

Me?  I'd just as soon see him move away.  He got no family no more.  They all were killed by priests of that beast god, Malar.  Why he was spared, I couldn't say.

The priests, they come back in the night lookin' for him.  They want him killed, but folk manage to hide him so well, he can never be found.

Trouble, that's what he is.  Somethin' odd about that lad.


He shrugs, then heads back to his table.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 9 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 28 Apr 2006
at 03:03
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx eyes finally light up, Of course, that's it.  Bring the boy on the caravan!  It would get him away from here, and hopefully keep him safe. he says.
Amras Telperien
 player, 183 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 28 Apr 2006
at 07:30
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Zojair you talk sense as always...but if that boy is in trouble can we really leave him to be killed? Perhaps we should take him with us."replies Amras.
Yeamon
 player, 13 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Fri 28 Apr 2006
at 10:25
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The monk opens his hands in front of him in a concilatory gesture, communicating his approval, if not enthusiasm for the decision.
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 191 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Fri 28 Apr 2006
at 10:56
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair finds himself nodding at Amras' words. He smiles and says I think that would work out fine. We should keep this secret however He glances around at the newcomers Malar's clan could have eyes or ears anywhere. Talk to the caravan master and see that is agreeable while I chat with the boy.

OOC: If Amras is game I am. BTW have we rp'd and joined into a group or what? I noticed Yeamonis kind of on the outside looking in. Is this true of Krystophan and Lynx? If so we need to get rp'd together.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 10 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 28 Apr 2006
at 16:53
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC:I think DM Mike just jumped ahead, since it was taking too long.  I think he is assuming we've met and have been talking.  At least that's how I interpreted it.
Amras Telperien
 player, 184 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 28 Apr 2006
at 22:59
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Looking across at the newcomer who made the suggestion Amras nods, "Welcome stranger I am Amras, this is Zojair, plase join us so we can discuss the situation more." he says  pointing to the chair opposite.

Looking across at the monk he adds,"If you would like to joiin us Master monk you would be most welcome."
Yeamon
 player, 14 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Sat 29 Apr 2006
at 09:25
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Brother, please." Yeamon corrects Amras before graciously accepting the offer of a seat. As he does so, he casts a steely glance back to the man who had hailed the boy.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 11 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sat 29 Apr 2006
at 19:07
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The half-elf, Lynx, blinks for a moment, realizing he never introduced himself.  He bows to the group, I am Lynxalthian Kanan, but everyone calls me Lynx.  I am a traveling storyteller, searching for other stories and secrets that may have been lost to time. he says with a smile.
DM Mike
 GM, 558 posts
 ...
Sun 30 Apr 2006
at 16:33
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynxalthian Kanan:
OOC:I think DM Mike just jumped ahead, since it was taking too long.  I think he is assuming we've met and have been talking.  At least that's how I interpreted it.


=================================

FROM DM

OOC: Indeed I did.  I wanted to get you together as a group, as opposed to people thinking of becoming a group.

You can RP as you like, since it will take DM Kindred a bit to get going here - he will probably be ready in the middle of next week.  But for the sake of things, we'll go with the assumption that you will or have decided to work together and adventure together.


DM Kindred
 GM, 3 posts
Thu 4 May 2006
at 16:28
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: Ok guys Let us assume that you guys have an accord to work together as a group. I am gonna be moving the story forward now. Everyone hold on to your hats!

IC:

You all sit and discuss the situations some more. Should you try to find the Malarites and figure out their interest in the boy? Should you take the caravan mission and forget about it completely? Or should you take the boy with you and try to protect him on the caravan. While these wieghty matters occupy your time a few things happen in the inn.

1) The evening entertainment arrives. I.e. a guy playing a mandolin and singing. He is no bard but he sounds ok for the setting you guys are in.

2) One of the kitchen staff go over to Landoo and has a discussion with him. You are all too far away to overhear and the music would have made it impossible to make much of the conversation anyway on top of which the noise in the common room has increased dramatically with the people coming in for drinks or a meal.

3) A dark cloaked figure enters the common room and sits in a corner drinking a glass of wine. He seems to observe all the comings and goings as well as giving the pc's a once over and then ignoring them for the rest of the night.

Spot check please. Just include it in your next post.
Amras Telperien
 player, 186 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 5 May 2006
at 08:29
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The inn getting busier Amras pulls his bag closer to the table, his foot resting gently against it. "Well do we go ahead and offer to take the boy with us on the caravan. At least this way we keep the boy safe and earn a few coins at the same time."

Spot Check 15
Yeamon
 player, 16 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Fri 5 May 2006
at 12:26
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
As far as Yeamon was concerned, he'd made his view clear earlier. The boy could come along, but the monk was not going to be responsible for him. He'd already agreed on the job to be done, and was not about to reneg on his word to Landoo.

"We agreed with Landoo; we leave in the morning. Does anyone speak for the boy, or does he have his own voice?" Although softly spoken, there is something a little challenging in the brother's tone, though not obvously directed at any one individual.

13:20, Today: Yeamon rolled 14 using 1d20+2. spot check.
DM Kindred
 GM, 5 posts
Fri 5 May 2006
at 13:31
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon:
Amras:
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 13 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 5 May 2006
at 16:13
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx at the others, hoping to get their support on this, I really think we should take him with us.  If no one else will, I will take responsability for the lad. says Lynx.


11:11, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 20 using 1d20+2. Spot Check.
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 193 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Fri 5 May 2006
at 16:51
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair watches the others and throws his vote in. How much trouble could one boy be? We can leanr more of him while on the road.
DM Kindred
 GM, 6 posts
Fri 5 May 2006
at 17:34
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx:
DM Kindred
 GM, 7 posts
Fri 5 May 2006
at 18:21
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair:
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 14 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sat 6 May 2006
at 00:16
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx leans into the group and keeps his low as possible so the others could hear him, but others wouldn't, It seems we have a problem.  THe cloaked man is a Malarite.  I saw the symbol on him, maybe a cleric.  It seems we may need to be careful about what we say out loud.  I am going to go and talk to Landoo.

Lynx stands up and heads over to Landoo, Master Landoo, if I may.  My friends and I have a request regarding the caravan... he says as he pauses to see if the Caravan master is willing to listen.