The North: The Ram's Head Inn.   Posted by DM Mike.Group: 0
Yeamon
 player, 21 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Sat 27 May 2006
at 09:24
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Not having a horse, and not being a proficient rider, Yeamon approaches Landoo and explains the situation. "Would you prefer me to ride with the caravan itself? I'd feel safer with my two legs on the ground, than another's four."
DM Kindred
 GM, 19 posts
Sat 27 May 2006
at 17:45
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Landoo arranges a horse for Lynx and stations Yeamon to guard the lead wagon. Amras will ride ahead in the scouting position. Lynx, you are on the right flank. Zojair you are also on the lead wagon. The caravan rolls out shortly after dawn and you all travel one days journey away from the town. The journey is uneventful, you all see nothing worth noting. Landoo finds a clearing and the caravan stops. The wagons form a circle in which the people sleep. The guards patrol the outside of the circle on their watch.

The four friends Draw 2nd watch and have the job to patrol the perimeter. Dinner has just finished and most folks are heading to bed. Your watch will start in about two hours. As you relax around the campfire please make a spot check.

OCC: If anyone wants to do anything specific up to this time feel free to post it.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:55, Sat 27 May 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 22 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Sun 28 May 2006
at 07:19
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon's natural reticence had made striking up a conversation on the wagon difficult, but once they were in camp the monk tried to engage Zojair, with whom he'd shared the lead wagon, in small talk. After sharing a few details about his years at the monestary, he asks how he has come to to know Amras.

As their watch approaches, he asks Zojair if he will be staying within the perimeter or walking its edge. "You do not appear to be a fighting man, you see," Yeamon says without emotion.

08:11, Today: Yeamon rolled 6 using 1d20+2. Spot check.
Amras Telperien
 player, 194 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 29 May 2006
at 20:53
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Jumping onto his horse Amras makes himself comfortable as he sets the horse moving. Looking around he lets out a loud whistle and stares into the undergrowth. After a minute or so he finally spots the smooth movement of Linwe as she shadows Amras.

As they arrive at the appointed stop Amras unmounts spending the necessary amount of time to rub down and look after his horse. Looking across at Linwe he gives the signal for food and she disappears.

Having had his evening meal Amras checks his pack, cleans his weapons before preparing for his watch.

21:53, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 21 using 1d20+4. Spot Check
DM Kindred
 GM, 20 posts
Tue 30 May 2006
at 05:34
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The different watches go by uneventfully that night. At breakfast the next morning you notice Landoo going to the lead wagon, this is the wagon where Landoo sleeps, it is basically a house on wheels. There is a little door in the side, Landoo opens the door and is passing some food inside.

Spot checks please DC 15
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 20 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 30 May 2006
at 05:43
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx thanks Landoo for the use of a horse.  After getting used to the animal, he doesn't have much trouble riding it.  Along the way, Lynx will regail those nearby him in the exploits of a wizard that he had heard about back from his home.

00:42, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 15 using 1d20+9. Perform: Oratory.

00:38, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 4 using 1d20+2. Spot.
Yeamon
 player, 23 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Tue 30 May 2006
at 06:18
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon performs a light jog around the camp after waking, stopping to perform a strange ritual of stretches and twists before accepting a moderate portion of breakfast from the caravan hangers-on. He eats among the group and listens to Lynxalthian's tales with interest, keen to absorb all he can of this 'outside' world. Landoo catches his attention as he walks past carrying a bowl of food heading for the lead wagon.

07:05, Today: Yeamon rolled 16 using 1d20+2. Spot check.
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 197 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Tue 30 May 2006
at 10:41
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair nods as Yeamon speaks. Oh I've seen a fair amount of battle. But not all battles are won with swords. I prefer to fight with my mind. You seem to be a man of action. Physically anyway. Zojair will talk as long as watch and then will return to his wagon to grab some sleep for the rest of the night.

On morning he is busy eating and is oblivious to Landoo's actions.

OOC: Spot 5
DM Kindred
 GM, 20 posts
Tue 30 May 2006
at 16:08
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon:

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 16:08, Tue 30 May 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 195 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 30 May 2006
at 15:00
Re: The Ram's Head Inn


Having completed his normal morning routine Amras waits for the order to move on. He watches as Landoo enters his caravan.

15:58, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 20 using 1d20+4. Spot Check.
DM Kindred
 GM, 21 posts
Tue 30 May 2006
at 17:00
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Amras:


OCC: once everyone responds to what they saw or didn't see I will move forward again.
Amras Telperien
 player, 196 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 30 May 2006
at 17:30
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Amras smiles as he sees inside the caravan.

Moving across to his horse he checks it over once more and prepares to move out.
Yeamon
 player, 24 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 30 May 2006
at 21:45
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon finishes his meal, then leans across to Zojair, his quiet deep voice addressing the magic man,

The monk then rises and strolls back toward the lead wagon where he and Zojair had spent the previous day's travel.

OOC: How many wagons are there, and are there any other guards apart from the half orc woman?
DM Kindred
 GM, 22 posts
Wed 31 May 2006
at 15:31
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: There are three wagons. Two transporting Landoo's goods. You have all caught glimpses of the goods in the those, mundane items of little note. The third wagon is where Landoo makes his home.
There are four Half orc guards with Landoo in addition to you guys but these are his personal guards. You guys guard the wagons. :)

IC:



When you set out this morning Landoo asks Yeamon and Zojair to take up their positions on the lead wagon, he assigns Amras and Lynx to scouting duty. The four half-orcs are assigned to the other positions. Two riding rear guard and one on each flank.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:53, Wed 31 May 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 25 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 2 Jun 2006
at 15:57
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
As the caravan makes its way onward, Yeamon sits quietly atop the lead wagon, reverting back to his usual 'quieter' mood. Unable to burn off excess energy while riding with the wagon, the monk diverts his attention to some internal meditation, pondering upon some great mystery.
DM Kindred
 GM, 23 posts
Sat 3 Jun 2006
at 18:37
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
You all travel for a couple of hours. A couple of minutes before you are suppose to stop for the midday meal the scouts spot a large tree accross the road. One of the flankers spot it as well and tells Landoo to stop the caravan. All the guards go back to the wagons except the scouts who need to make spot checks.
Amras Telperien
 player, 197 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Sat 3 Jun 2006
at 21:52
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Seing the tree across the road Amras remains seated whilst the guards report back to the caravan.

2:49, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 13 using 1d20+4. Spot Check.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 21 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sat 3 Jun 2006
at 22:38
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx looks at the tree quizicly.  What do you think it is? he asks Amras.

17:36, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 10 using 1d20+2. Spot.
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 198 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Mon 5 Jun 2006
at 10:40
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair quickly casts a spell on himself.


OOC: Cast False Life. + 14 HP
06:39, Today: Zojair Thalsk rolled 14 using 1d10+4. false lifew.
Yeamon
 player, 26 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Mon 5 Jun 2006
at 12:29
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon watches the half orcs manoeuvre as a signal comes back to the caravan. As the lead wagon trundles to a halt, the monk sits empassively, but as Zojair begins to invoke some magical power next to him, he becomes uneasy.

Rather perplexed, and a little confused as to whether the magician is witholding something, he turns to his companion and bluntly asks, "What, ...are you doing?"
DM Kindred
 GM, 24 posts
Mon 5 Jun 2006
at 16:25
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx you don't see anything.

Amras

Zojair & Yeamon

Landoo asks you to go and investigate the fallen logs with the other two.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:28, Mon 05 June 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 198 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 5 Jun 2006
at 23:30
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Showing no sign of emotion Amras looks across into the grass. Letting out a small whistle he looks at Linwe as she appears in the undergrowth and with a slice of his hand sends her back into the woods.

Turning to Lynx he nods back to the caravan as he whispers, "Two figures, crouched behind logs."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:30, Mon 05 June 2006.

Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 22 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 6 Jun 2006
at 05:52
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx nods and smiles as he rears his horse to head back to the caravan, on his way  he waves and yells, Hey, let's round up some muscle, we got a tree to move!

As he rides up to the others and Landoo he whispers to them, We got trouble, two figures hiding behind the tree.
Amras Telperien
 player, 199 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 6 Jun 2006
at 07:34
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Seeing Lynx's reaction Amras nods in approval and waits for the others to join him.
Yeamon
 player, 27 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 6 Jun 2006
at 13:07
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon watches and waits with Zojair as Lynx turns his horse round and canters back toward the wagon. He's ready to offer his help at the request to move the log, but a glance from Lynx makes him wait for the bard to draw alongside, and after hearing his whispered comments turns to Zojair with concern.

"Hmm. Two men. Seems unlikely only two would chose to take on a guard of this size."

Climbing down from the wagon Yeamon hails Landoo. "The half orcs should to tackle the log, they are stronger!" Then turning back to Lynx and Zojair, "we should prepare for an ambush, and must assume there are more of them. But we have the upper hand no! We should act casually. Can you help, magician?" His eyes turn expectantly to Zojair.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:11, Tue 06 June 2006.