The North: The Ram's Head Inn.   Posted by DM Mike.Group: 0
DM Kindred
 GM, 25 posts
Tue 6 Jun 2006
at 16:14
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Landoo sees that it more than likely is a trap. You guys now that you are back at the caravan you are out of sight of the Tree. (There is a bend in the road. Don't renenber if I mentioned that.) Landoo comes up to the group of you Well lads! Time to earn your pay! He says rubbing his hands together, You four go check out the log, if there is an ambush, and its more than you can handle holler and then I'll send the half-orcs charging in. I don't want to leave the caravan undefended. After we have dealt with these would be ambushers, we'll see about clearing the road. That being said, You all have your orders... what do you do?
Amras Telperien
 player, 200 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 7 Jun 2006
at 07:56
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Waiting for Lynx to return Amras drops off his horse and leading her to the side of the road ties her reins onto the branches of one of the trees. As he is comleting this he puts the horse between him and the tree trunk. Once out of sight he utters a few words and makes a few gestures with his hands.

Finished Amras then returns to the middle of the road and waits.
DM Kindred
 GM, 26 posts
Wed 7 Jun 2006
at 15:15
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM:
Yeamon
 player, 28 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 7 Jun 2006
at 18:33
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Not seeing any further signs of life lurking around them, Yeamon simply says, "I will go ahead. I would be most appreciative if you were to watch my back."

With that the monk jogs lightly forward towards the log, gently gathering speed as he does so.
Amras Telperien
 player, 201 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 7 Jun 2006
at 18:53
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Seeing Yeamon approach Amras walks towards him. Once up close he whispers to him,"Six humanoids behind the log." then louder he says,"Let's wait for the others and then we will move the log."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:42, Thu 08 June 2006.

Zojair Thalsk
 player, 199 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Thu 8 Jun 2006
at 02:16
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
(To Yeamon) Zojair nods to the monk. Just a little something to give me a boost, in case of trouble...


As the monk moves toward the log, Zojair readies his crossbow and waits for the expected ambush. He gives a nod to Landoo and waits for the first bandit to make his gambit.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 23 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Thu 8 Jun 2006
at 02:28
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx nods at Landoo and turns around and rides his horse over to Amras's horse and ties him up, waiting for the others to get up their position.
Yeamon
 player, 29 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 8 Jun 2006
at 06:59
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon stops at Amras's signal and listens to his observations. Once Lynx is with them (Zojair has hung back with his crossbow) the three plan the next move.

With his back to the log, he draws up his hood so as to mask his lips. "We pretend the move the log, yes. Then when they make their move, I can take the two behind the log by surprise. I will jump over the log. That will give you time to draw weapons. Agreed?"

He then reaches inside his robe pulling forth a bottle, which he uncorks and downs. "Makes you big and strong eh!" he booms in a loud voice and laughs heartilly.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:03, Thu 08 June 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 202 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 8 Jun 2006
at 07:47
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Oh they are in for a surprise, Linwe is just in the undergrowth and on my command she will attack. You may not have seen her Linwe is my companion, a forest leopard. Lets get to that log"

Plan made Amras follows Yeamon and Lynx towards the log.
DM Kindred
 GM, 27 posts
Thu 8 Jun 2006
at 13:27
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
As the party approaches the log they see 4 orcs get up from behind the log at different points all pointing crossbows at you. Stop yer ugly brutes. We want yer money and yer wagons! One orc says. They have you in their sights and they have 3/4 cover.


Need two rolls from you.

Wisdom check
sense motive

These rolls are absolutely optional.
Amras Telperien
 player, 203 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 8 Jun 2006
at 13:49
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
PM:

"Who you calling ugly pig features!" spits out Amras as he continues to walk towards them. Then quickly he shouts in an unknow language, "Linwe Avist alm"


Suddenly a forest leopard leaps out of the undergrowth at one of the orcs just as Amras pulls his two swords out and continues to approach the log.

14:43, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 5 using 1d20+2. Sense Motive.
14:43, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 8 using 1d20. Wisdom Check.
Yeamon
 player, 30 posts
 HP 26/26  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 8 Jun 2006
at 19:46
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: Oh great, six!

Yeamon, about to leap over the log, is caught slightly off guard by the sudden appearence of the four orcs. It must have been the ranger's accent, but he'd only been expecting two, and men rather than orcs.

The monk's hands appear instinctively in front of his body as he spots the crossbows, as if ready to swat a bolt aside should one fly toward him.

20:37, Today: Yeamon rolled 5 using 1d20+2. Wisdom check.
20:38, Today: Yeamon rolled 21 using 1d20+7. Sense motive check.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:42, Fri 09 June 2006.

Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 24 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Thu 8 Jun 2006
at 23:00
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
17:56, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 7 using 1d20+3. Sense Motive.
17:56, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 20 using 1d20+1. Wisdom Check.

Lynx gets a small smirk at the thought of being called ugly.  He gets ready to get things started by going over all the stories he knows in his brain to use his abilities to help his friends.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:43, Fri 09 June 2006.

Zojair Thalsk
 player, 200 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Fri 9 Jun 2006
at 10:43
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair, unable to hear the orcs, fires as the first one appears. He quickly begins to reload.

OOC: 06:42, Today: Zojair Thalsk rolled 6 using 1d8. dam.
06:42, Today: Zojair Thalsk rolled 20 using 1d20+4. xbow.
DM Kindred
 GM, 28 posts
Fri 9 Jun 2006
at 13:47
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OCC: Replies in post above. The Orcs have readied actions, but after that you guys have initiative. I do init like DM Mike, I average the modifiers and then roll for the pc's as a group and the enemies as a group.

IC:

Once the orcs realise that you guys are gonna fight (clued in by Amras drawing his sword, Yeamons fighting stance and Zojair lifting his crossbow)the orcs release a volley of arrows. at the same time everyone hears a snarling sound followed by a squealiing sound and high pitched scream.

The party can act now. Zojair you can keep your attack if you want.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:59, Fri 09 June 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 31 posts
 HP 26/26  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 9 Jun 2006
at 22:24
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"It's a diversion!" Yeamon suddenly shouts. As the last word leaves his lips, the twang of numerous crossbows signals the volley of incoming quarrels.

Yeamon springs forward, as if to meet the volley in mid flight, his hands a blur of motion before him. Without pausing to draw a weapon he tries to leap atop the log between two orc heads on the right.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:36, Fri 09 June 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 204 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 9 Jun 2006
at 23:56
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Jumping past the trunk Amras brings his longsword and shortsword to bear against the nearest orc, his longsword biting deep into the flesh of the creature but the short sword catches against his foes armor.

Meanwhile Linwe has leapt out of the undergrowth and into one of the other orcs, her jaws catching the creature whilst her claws rake against the orcs torso.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 25 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sat 10 Jun 2006
at 02:56
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
I agree with you.  This seems way too convienent of an ambush for Orcs. says Lynx.

As combat ensues, Lynx decides to bolster his friends with a poem, Come my friends, let's teach these nafarious ill fated hoolagans a thing or two about attacking travlers.  Only Orcs would be as moronic to do so. he says in a loud strong voice.  As he also draws his Shortbow.

Inspire Courage: +1 to SV vs charm and fear, and +1 to attack and damage
DM Kindred
 GM, 29 posts
Sat 10 Jun 2006
at 04:12
Re: The Ram's Head Inn


As the Salvo of arrows flew at you and you heard screams of alarm and terror from behind the tree/log lying across the road Zojair fires a cross bowbolt at one of the orcs hitting the unfortunate creature in the chest. It screams in pain but manages to stay on its feet. Amras and Yeamon charge the tree crossbow bolts whizzing past them as the orcs made a futile attempt to shoot them down. Amras leaps over the log hitting an orc with his longsword the blade finding its way through the meager studded leather armor and biting deep. The orc falls to the floor his crossbow falling from lifeless fingers. Mean while Yeamon leaps atop the log kicking an orc in the face. One of the orcs tusks gets broken as Yeamons foot slams into its face with lethal force. It shakes his head and spits. Lynx takes a moment longer to react to the actions of the orcs but as his companions score hits he begins a poem that lifts the spirits of the party.


Next round add the effects of the song to your rolls



After the initial shock of the attack the orcs respond with varying degrees of success. The orc who got his face kicked in by Yeamon growls and draws his falchion from over his shoulder his eyes yellow and almost glowing with hate.He swings with all his might and manages to hit Yeamon almost knocking him off the log. The orc beside him foolishly decides to bring up his crossbow to finish off Yeamon by shooting him leaving himself vulnerable for a moment -Yeamon you can get an AOO if you wish he is using a ranged weapon in a threatened square- the orc's shot goes awry however flying high and to the right over Yeamons shoulder. The last remaining the orc beside the one cut down by Amras drops his bow and puts up his hands. A crossbow bolt sticking from his shoulder he is not about to take on someone who killed his friend with one blow. Especially when the someone has allies probably willing to shoot him again.


OCC: I am not good with maps yet so this is just a simplistic view of what the field looks like



          O LO               AO  O  C  B
                       lllllllllllllllYllllllllllllllllllll


                                 LK      Z



Key

O =Dead Orc
B =Broken Tusk Orc
C = Crossbow Orc (Yeamon's Attack of oportunity)
O = Surrenderd Orc
L = Linwe
A = Amras
Y = Yeamon
LK= Lynx
Z = Zojair


llllllllllll =Log
Yeamon
 player, 32 posts
 HP 26/26  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sat 10 Jun 2006
at 09:28
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon winces audibly as the orc's massive swing connects with his midriff. The blow knocks Yeamon clear off his feet, but somehow the monk twists in mid flight and lands sure footed back on the log.

With remarkable agility, he then springs back up, driving a viscious uppercut under the second orc's crossbow. Yeamon tries to snap it's head back, connecting with the point of its jaw.

The monk then spins back to the orc with falchion, in a blur delivering first a low left kick to it's groin, then a high right to it's ugly face.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:53, Sat 10 June 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 30 posts
Sun 11 Jun 2006
at 00:26
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
After getting hit by the Orcs massive sword Yeamon Uppercuts the orc with the crossbow causing his shot to go awry. (That orc missed you in the last round anyway so why not because of the AoO?) he then hits the the orc who had cut him twice in rapid succession easily dropping the unfortunate creature. whem that one falls the only orc left alive is the one who surrendered. That one after seeing the ease with which the party dispatched the Orcs closes its eyes and starts muttering in the orcish tongue. He falls to his knees before lying prostrate on the floor covering his head with his hands and visibly shaking.


Anyone speak orc?
Zojair Thalsk
 player, 201 posts
 HP: 9/ 9  F 1/ R 5/ W 3
 Init +6, AC16 /FF14 /T16
Sun 11 Jun 2006
at 16:19
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Zojair moves forward cautiously and examines the kneeling orc. He speaks quickly in a strange language. (in undercommon) Can you understand me? Who are you?
Yeamon
 player, 34 posts
 HP 26/26  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sun 11 Jun 2006
at 17:32
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Brother Yeamon survey's the carnage, then clasps his hand to his ribs offering some comfort from the pain. A brown patch begins to appear on his robes as blood seeps through them. As Zojair speaks to the orc in a strange tongue, the monk says, "I'll check on the caravan."

With that, and with some effort, he bounds back toward the wagons.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:34, Sun 11 June 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 205 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Sun 11 Jun 2006
at 23:12
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Satisfied as he sees the last fighting orc fall Amras looks across at Linwe."Nice work my friend. Now go rest a while, I will call you when we leave but be on the lookout for any more.". With that the leopard turns and disappears into undergrowth.

Cleaning his blade he watches as Zojair tries to get something out of the remaining orc. Spotting Yeamon he quickly calls to him, "Yeamon wait you are injured. Here drink this." he says handing over a little bottle from his pack."It will help"
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 26 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Mon 12 Jun 2006
at 04:47
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx moves with Zojair up to the Orc, after the mage speaks in the strange tongue Lynx blurts out We know you can speak the Common tongue , Orc, tell us who hired you! says with a serious look.