The North: The Ram's Head Inn.   Posted by DM Mike.Group: 0
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 30 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 4 Jul 2006
at 05:42
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Leading the Orc up and hearing the heightened voices, Lynx looks curious.  Can someone fill me in on what's happened? he asks.
DM Kindred
 GM, 52 posts
Tue 4 Jul 2006
at 15:05
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Landoo shouts back I'm a merchant not a warrior! He goes into the main wagon and comes back a few minutes later with four pouches which he tosses to you guys. He then goes into another wagon and returns with some bottles which he passes to Amras. There! While Landoo is doing that one or two of the wagon drivers start filtering back from the trees surrounding the road. Most show minor wounds and scratches more likely gotten from running through trees than from weapons. Landoo shouts to his drivers to come on and as they take their places the caravan rolls out leaving you standing in its dust. Last chance to go with them.

OCC: Each pc gets 300 xp points for wrapping up this stage of the adventure. Individual xp will be posted soon. The pouch contains 20gp. No Landoo is not going to pay you for the entire trip.
Yeamon
 player, 46 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 5 Jul 2006
at 07:32
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon turns back from the departing figure of Landoo and the caravans to his comrades.

He bends down to pick up one of the pouches. "It seems our contract with Landoo has ended. I have no special desire to make my own way back to civilisation; at the same time, I do not share your fascination with the boy." Yeamon looks first at Lynx, then Amras. "However, I have put trust in you, and will accompany you if you do not object."

With that, the monk thrusts the magician in to the middle of the group. "What are we doing with this one? Seems foolish to let a druid out on the loose in this country. One who is hostile anyway."
Amras Telperien
 player, 222 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 5 Jul 2006
at 07:33
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Putting the bottles into his pack and pocketing the pouch Aram watches as the caravn leaves.

Turning to Lynx he says,"The trunk was a diversion. Whilst we  were occupied the boy has been taken. Grab your stuff and lets see if we can pick up their trail."

"Yeamon we can either take him with us or we tie him up and leave him. What do you think?

This message was last updated by the player at 07:33, Wed 05 July 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 47 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 5 Jul 2006
at 13:00
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon thinks for a moment before answering. "If he comes with us, he will slow us down. He may give us away. He will be a liability. If we leave him, he may well escape. If this man IS a druid, he will find allies within these parts to assist him and is fellows."

Yeamon scratches his head, before turning to stare coldly at the magician. "Perhaps it is easiest that we kill him." Although not committed to the move, the monk tries his best to provoke a reaction from the man, but unused to these tactics, he betrays himself.

14:00, Today: Yeamon rolled 4 using 1d20+2. Intimidate. 

This message was last edited by the player at 13:02, Wed 05 July 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 53 posts
Wed 5 Jul 2006
at 15:25
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The man smiles at Yeamon. Kill me if you wish, I will still be better off than you if you interfere anymore in what doesn't concern you.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 31 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 5 Jul 2006
at 22:04
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx sighs heavily.  It may not concern us, but no child deserves the fate you have deemed for him. he says.

He looks at Yeamon, I'm glad you are helping my friend.  Nodding his head at the druid, I say do what you will with him, but I don't think we need his presence any longer.
Amras Telperien
 player, 223 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 6 Jul 2006
at 11:38
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Let us leave him here tied up, if he escapes he escapes but I will not kill in cold blood. Now let us move and find the boy." says Amras to the others.

Moving to the edge of the track Amras starts searching for the Tracks of the boy and those who took him. Calling out to Linwe Amras kneels and with a few hand signals he says "Find" and waits for her to move out.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:39, Thu 06 July 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 54 posts
Thu 6 Jul 2006
at 13:41
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
I will see you later elf The druid says to Amras as he walks away.

Linwe starts to track the ones who left with the boy but once she reaches a little way in to the woods she starts going in circles.
Amras Telperien
 player, 224 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 6 Jul 2006
at 14:35
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Studying the ground Amras realises the tracks have all but disappeared,"They have hidden their trail well. The question is what do we do now. Do we carry on in the hope of picking the trail back up or does anyone know anything about this area? asks Amras, diappointment showing in his voice.
Yeamon
 player, 48 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 6 Jul 2006
at 19:18
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon speaks forcefully and abruptly as the trail goes cold. "We will not fare well in these parts without so much as a trail to go on."

"We are without employment or direction of our own. I say we head back to civilisation. If you are still intent on pursuing the boy, we could try to pick up some leads back at the inn. The malarites seemed to be well known there, and not among friends! I don't think that druid will be of any use to us." There is a tinge of arrogance in the monk's voice, as if he expects Lynx and Amras to see that this is surely the only sensible course of action.
Amras Telperien
 player, 225 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 7 Jul 2006
at 07:28
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Agreed Yeamon. Let's take him back with us and he can face justice for aiding the kidnap of the boy." replies Amras with a nod."With no trail we have very little chance of finding the boy. We need to know where they have gone and the village is probably the best place for answers."
Yeamon
 player, 49 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 7 Jul 2006
at 09:03
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon bows graciously before the ranger at his words, and glances at Lynx for a confirmation. With that he heads back to the road.
DM Kindred
 GM, 55 posts
Fri 7 Jul 2006
at 14:47
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: So you all agreed on goping back to town?
Amras Telperien
 player, 226 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 7 Jul 2006
at 14:54
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: Just waiting on Lynx as Zojair has quit the game.
Yeamon
 player, 50 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 7 Jul 2006
at 17:03
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: ditto
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 32 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 7 Jul 2006
at 22:24
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: sorry, been busy.

Yeah, let's head back.  We need to get our bearings, and the town is best place to gain leads. he responds.
DM Kindred
 GM, 56 posts
Sun 9 Jul 2006
at 16:58
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Will update you guys tomorrow. Didn't have much time this weekend.
DM Kindred
 GM, 57 posts
Mon 10 Jul 2006
at 17:12
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Are you guys taking the Malarite back with you?
Yeamon
 player, 51 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Mon 10 Jul 2006
at 18:48
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
OOC: Yes, I think so.
DM Kindred
 GM, 58 posts
Mon 10 Jul 2006
at 18:51
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Ok what I need is a post from you guys telling me exactly how you plan to escort him back. Is he gonna be tied up, You going to untie him and just keep an eye on him? What about the orc?
Amras Telperien
 player, 227 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 10 Jul 2006
at 19:15
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Right lets get him back, keep his torso and arms tied, just release his legs and I will cover him. If he tries to escape my sword will soon bite. says Amras, "As will Linwe!" he adds with a smile.
DM Kindred
 GM, 59 posts
Mon 10 Jul 2006
at 20:31
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
You have about half a day left. It is a day and a half travel to get to Town. You can travel all night and get there in the early morning or you can camp at night and get there at about dusk the following day.

And remember you have 2 prisoners. The orc is still there and alive
Yeamon
 player, 52 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 11 Jul 2006
at 09:45
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
As the day wears on, Yeamon whispers in turn to Lynx and Amras his concerns. "I'm worried about nightfall. If me make camp, we may put ourselves at a disadvantage, especially while some of us rest. Also, I am worreid about the druid. They are as crafty as foxes! If we continue through the night, we will be tired, but so will they, so the odds will be even if they try something."

Yeamon walks beside them, waiting for his companion's thoughts.
Amras Telperien
 player, 228 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 11 Jul 2006
at 10:34
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"I think we carry on through the night. Let us get back as soon as we can." replies Amras.