Chapter Two: Choices.   Posted by GM.Group: archive 1
Kalic Vorniir
 player, 13 posts
 Drow Freedom Fighter
 Seeker of Relics
Sat 20 Aug 2011
at 19:12
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
Kalic's  eyes passed over everyone briefly, before they departed.  Satisfied, he followed the others as they went about preparing for the ships teleportation.  Thinking that he was glad, for once, that this mission may be starting sooner than he had originally thought.
Jouhan Calader
 player, 103 posts
 Mysterious warrior
 with mysterious talents
Sat 20 Aug 2011
at 19:36
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
Jouhan nods upon announcements and preparation to teleportation. He moves to his quarters and locks himself down on safety seat with belts and buckles to ready on the rapid transportation. He himself got used to these events long time ago....perhaps his earlier life.
GM
 GM, 208 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Wed 24 Aug 2011
at 20:54
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
You hear a soft alarm sound, as blue klaxons light up through the ship.  "Attention, Attention.  Teleportation is about to begin.  All crew and passengers are advised to be safely strapped in.  Teleportation in Three, Two, One..."  The ships A.I. announces, and you feel the all too familiar gut wrenching of a starcaster's teleportation from one system, to another.

After the teleportation, Captain D'arville summons you to the bridge.  When you arrive, the view ports battle armor is retracted, and before you, like a pale blue misty vale, is the temporal distortion Dr. Inoma spoke of, and in the distance, a white dwarf star, and three planets.  "Sensor readings indicate that two of these planets are uninhabitable.  The second one appears to contain life, and an unknown energy source."  The ships A.I. speaks.
Sister Aria
 player, 114 posts
 Transportation
 Need Speed?
Sun 28 Aug 2011
at 21:51
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
Since the voyage began, Aria has spent most of her shipboard time inside her feline robot, using it in lieu of a more traditional sealed flight suit. Many of the crew were unaware that she was anything more than a very sophisticated robot. More and more she was feeling at home using senses and limbs that were not her own.

She seems less than comfortable with artificially intelligent ship. Among the Telamonian mercenary legions, such ships were more likely to have a black box pilot. Many of the legion's best pilots had their consciousness' transfered into their vehicles, much like a soul mech in their robotic bodies.

"Are we receiving any useful information from the scanners?" she asks Dr. Inoma.
Jouhan Calader
 player, 106 posts
 Mysterious warrior
 with mysterious talents
Tue 13 Sep 2011
at 08:48
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
Jouhan had endured the jump with no physical reaction, but rather deep familiarity to it as he had traveled the galaxies long time. He moved to the bridge by the summons from Captain D'arville. Hearing computer's reply and then Sister Aria's question he is silent and waits Dr. Inoma's reply. But he stares the misty blue vale in curiosity.
Saxon
 player, 31 posts
Wed 14 Sep 2011
at 06:43
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
Saxon was quiet most the trip thus far but went to any form of port hole so he could see out. He was already in his red guard space suit that looked almost archaic, more so than a old space suit, this thing had to be magical as it looked like thick robes, tanks, metal gloves, and a major face mask. He hated space, to many ways to die.

Still, he wanted to see it with his own eyes.
GM
 GM, 212 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Fri 16 Sep 2011
at 20:59
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
Dr. Inoma and his assistants enter the bridge, studying the phenomenon with their bare eyes.  Looking at Sister Aria, he nods, moving to the control panel for the scanners.  "This is just as I had hoped.  A stable temporal distortion.  the power level is amazing.  I doubt even an Imperial Dreadnought's reactor would be capable of making a bubbled of thousandth of this size."  He spoke, walking over to the shield systems.  There he rapidly types out algorithms to be inputted into the ships A.i. and be implemented.  "There we go, if my calculations and theory is correct, this will allow the ships shields to be on the same frequency as the distortions.  We shouldn't suffer any harmful effects from the cross over now.  Captain D'arville, if your ready I think it is time."  He spoke.

Captain D'arville nodded, and began to bark out orders to the ships A.I.  The shields came up around the vessel, matching the color and pattern of the distortion.  As the Silverwing moved forward it crossed the boundary of time and space, and entered the system.  Immediately after passing through, the ship began to shake.  "Warning, extreme temporal distortions have caused spacial flux within the solar system.  At the present rate, this ship will be destroyed within four hours.  Recommended course of action is to land on inhabited planet.  Warning, black hole detected.  Unknown cause.  Phenomenon appears stable, but is source of spacial fluxes."  The ships A.I. spoke.  Now that you have passed the temporal shield, you see the black hole near the inhabited planet.  It is surrounded by what appears to be a crimson nebula, but from the planet a stead beam of energy is being fed directly into it.  Who knows what these people have done, or are trying to do.  But it seems like they have been able to do the impossible, and tame a black hole, perhaps even create one.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:33, Sun 25 Sept 2011.

Saxon
 player, 32 posts
Fri 30 Sep 2011
at 07:23
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
The sound of his magnetic boots engaging was clear. He was nearly giddy as he watched the dead star take into view. "A dead star, brilliant." He planted a hand on the window and pulled out his odd lil tool. He aimed it at the window and the sapphire on the tip of his "sonic screwdriver" started glowing. He read the readings of any major magical output of the thing. He expected it to be tech but one never knew.

He then reached back and turned on the air to his tanks just encase the ship broke open and he was ejected to space.

A black mist formed around his hand as simple ambient arcane energy. He wanted to see the black holes effects on the energy, he broadcasted a signal and tracked it, even turned on infrared vision.

he was soaking all the info about the black hole as he could, confident in their ability to land the ship.
Jouhan Calader
 player, 107 posts
 Mysterious warrior
 with mysterious talents
Fri 30 Sep 2011
at 08:49
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
Jouhan observes the phemomemon, fascinated about it.

So they either create controlled black hole or have succeed tame one which appeared near their world to avoid theirs drawn in. No wonder they are cloaking themselves, as that sort of technology would make a devastating weapon.

He looks on Saxon and he takes some distance to him, if whatever he is doing could cause backslash or cause him slide off into space and Jouhan has no desire take space swim without space suit. He can understand excelently matters of psionics but arcane magic is far more alien to him.

hearing about ship's AI making announcement he says; "So, that is our mission objective timer then I guess. Less than four hours we need depart from here if we do not want become permament residents."
Sister Aria
 player, 117 posts
 Transportation
 Need Speed?
Fri 30 Sep 2011
at 17:46
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
"Very well." Aria says from inside her robotic armor, turning to Jouhan and Saxon. "Prepare to secure the landing zone once the ship touches down." As she speaks, the robot's blank metallic eyes take on an amber color with vertical feline irises. Short dark hairs grow over the entire body, until she resembles some species of feline humanoid.
Kalic Vorniir
 player, 15 posts
 Drow Freedom Fighter
 Seeker of Relics
Sat 1 Oct 2011
at 21:28
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
Kalic nods in agreement to Aria's orders.  The Drow Paladin turns to grab hold as he was not sure how well the ship will hold up in the atmosphere of the planet.
GM
 GM, 213 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Sat 1 Oct 2011
at 21:38
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
The ship accelerates towards the planet, apparently heading towards the source of the beam of energy.  As it passes through the atmosphere, the ships violent shaking, which had been getting worse, stops completely.  "Ships functions returning to normal.  Atmosphere is stable.  Setting course for source of intense beam of energy."  The ships A.I. speaks.  The surface of the world is like any other normal planet within the Empire, though there does not appear to be any major cities.  The ship slows, and then stops, as a massive emitter appears in the distance, producing the beam of energy.  There is a small, almost medieval town settled around the emitter, which itself appears to be constructed at the base like a temple.  The arrival of a star ship might be startling to the local populous, perhaps it might be better to investigate on foot.

[Private to Saxon: Your readings are amazing.  It is not black hole, though it mimics some of the features of it, but a portal or gate through time and space.  It is still not complete yet though.  Perhaps there is more going on here than meets the eye.]
Saxon
 player, 33 posts
Mon 3 Oct 2011
at 08:17
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
He gave a nod as his information was pouring in. "right, its not what it seems." he pushed a button behind his hood as he pulled it back and it lowered itself to his chest.  "The black hole isn't a black hole, well it is a black hole in space but it differs." He used that sonic screwdriver and fed his information into the computer, the thing could data read to!

He pulled up to images, one sucking everything in and the other a funnel. "The image on the left is a conceptual black hole, they are not tunnels, they are simply stars with so much gravity that they just eat and eat. And the other one is my readings." He smiled as he looked at the professor. "Its a door way through time and space."

He clapped once as he put his beloved tool away and picked up a cane he uses for high grav worlds. "I study things professor. But I'm no where good as you at this. So," He smiled like a chesire cat, the black cole eyes smileing with him. "Who is up for first contact? Cause let's face it boys and cat lady, none of us really pass as human, even I look like the grim reaper."
Kalic Vorniir
 player, 16 posts
 Drow Freedom Fighter
 Seeker of Relics
Mon 3 Oct 2011
at 08:48
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
Smiling at the death priest, Kalic shrugs.  "Amazing..though who is to say that this civilization is human?"  He spoke, his fingers twitching for a moment as he stares at the emitter.  Something does not feel right about this at all, but he could not place it.
Sister Aria
 player, 118 posts
 Transportation
 Need Speed?
Tue 4 Oct 2011
at 18:42
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
The furred feline humanoid pulls its shoulders back as its chest swings open. A pair of black-clad legs extend from inside as Aria uncurls herself and drops to the floor, appearing tiny next to her robot. As she removes her helmet with a hiss of a breaking vacuum seal, the robot's limbs shift slightly as it drops onto all fours, appearing as a perfectly natural sabre-toothed cat.

The robot sits on it's haunches, licking its paws. "I can pass for human in a pinch." the human scout replies with a smile to Saxon as her eyes blink in the light, "and Kit-10 can avoid unnecessary attention, as well." It's uncommon to see the mercenary outside her robotic vehicle, even less so without her helmet. Her dark hair is cut short, covering just enough of her neck to conceal the I/O jack at the base of her skull.

Aria removes a pistol belt from a pouch on her robot and straps it around her waist, along with a cavalry sabre, and her sniper rifle on her back. "Let's have a closer look at this spaceport before we decide how best to carry out an infiltration."
Saxon
 player, 34 posts
Wed 5 Oct 2011
at 00:09
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
He was tiny to fint inside the robot cat! "Interesting." he said with a smile. "Ill stay in my suit, last thing we need is some mage reading my birth marks." And the mask came back up, for high tech gear he looked like extremely advanced old world tech until close inspection could me made, benefit of tailoring your space suit to look like a old world mage and doctor.

 "Ladies first." He called from inside his helmit. It was clear he was smileing and chuckeling as he made his way out with everyone.
Jouhan Calader
 player, 108 posts
 Mysterious warrior
 with mysterious talents
Wed 5 Oct 2011
at 07:57
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
Jouhan checked for his items and said; "I look mostly normal minus but futuristic clothes, if this indeed is portal to time and space we could be indeed in time bubble which is from ancient past." In truth Jouhan was quite curious as if his musing is true then they could make history regarding how time travel or time works in exactly as there has been many varied colorful theories about it.
GM
 GM, 214 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Sat 8 Oct 2011
at 20:18
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
The viewing screen comes to life, depicting a rather rural, barely civilized medieval village (compared to a planet in the Empire that is).  There appears to be only humans in the village, though the emitter is set up like a temple, with four pylons focusing on the beam.  Something is not right about that at all.  The technology level is far too advanced for the city around it.  And then, that is when you see the constructs emerge from the temple.  Roughly humanoid in shape, they appear to be made with their armor as part of their being.  They wield what appear to be halberds, though it looks like there may be some sort of laser on the head of the weapon, built cleverly into the weapon itself.  The constructs appear to move amongst the populous without trouble, though with a little fear.  Any scans on them or the temple bounce back, unable to get a reading.
Saxon
 player, 35 posts
Sun 9 Oct 2011
at 05:49
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
"Clever girl, naughty but clever." He mentioned looking at the screen. "The people here are no more responsible for the portal than the birds in the trees. Something came in in attempt to open a hole." He thumped the tip of the shits beak.

"Doc, can you scan under the place? To tell how far the "no readings at all" go down as we should be able to scan the soil but a hole that nothing comes back tells us how far down it goes."
GM
 GM, 215 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Wed 12 Oct 2011
at 20:40
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
There are a few moments while readings are gathered, before the A.I. speaks.  "Lack of readings reach down for one mile exactly.  At that point, there appears to be geothermal activity."  It speaks.
Sister Aria
 player, 119 posts
 Transportation
 Need Speed?
Wed 12 Oct 2011
at 21:35
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
Aria's lips are pursed tightly as she looks the data over. To her, it appears to have all the hallmarks of a beachhead inside the Empire. Invaders from somewhere or somewhen have somehow created the gateway, along with a massive shield around the system to keep their doings from being detected. But more intelligence was obviously needed at this point.

"What sort evidence do we have of travel to and from the village? If they are supplied by outlying farms, that may allow us an infiltration route, as well as access to the rumors from the farmers. It seems likely that this gateway is recent, and there are bound to be tales about this... 'Spear of the Gods' peircing the heavens."
GM
 GM, 216 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Sun 16 Oct 2011
at 12:35
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
A virtual display of the region is presented by the ships A.I., showing one road out of the town, towards a valley which appears to be agricultural.
Jouhan Calader
 player, 109 posts
 Mysterious warrior
 with mysterious talents
Thu 20 Oct 2011
at 16:51
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
Jouhan watches the screen and map what A.I shows and says; "Well, we got promising spot there. Now how enter without those guys sensors or radars go full intruder alarm? Assuming their sensors reach much farther than their sentries senses."
GM
 GM, 217 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Tue 25 Oct 2011
at 21:24
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
The A.I. plots a course through nearby valleys, eventually landing one away from the agricultural one.  It may take a day or so to reach the city, but perhaps it was best to arrive at night due to some of your more...unique styles of dress.
Saxon
 player, 36 posts
Mon 14 Nov 2011
at 22:09
Re: Chapter Two:  Choices
((Back finally O.o))

Saxon was content to wait until night fall, he wasn't in charge but it was indeed a good idea to loiter a bit just to be sure that people would not freak considering the number of odd skin tones they had in the group. Still, it was time to get things done.