Chapter One: The Hunt Begins...   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Cetanu
 player, 64 posts
Mon 23 Nov 2015
at 15:41
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
Cetanu nodded, "My thanks." and started off down the hall, his senses in over drive as adrenaline coursed through his veins, this was it, he was about to meet his benefactor, or at least his benefactors voice on this plane or planet anyway.
GM
 GM, 288 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Thu 26 Nov 2015
at 09:00
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
As you travel along the hall, your darkvision helps little.  The ghost lights disrupt it, so that you must travel by their light through the darkness.  After a few minutes you feel a vast chamber of darkness before you, with no lights apparent.  Still, you darkvision does not help.

"Be at ease, Seeker.  The Realm of the Reaper is one best defined by the individual.  I am Keeper Talros, High Priest of the Reaper, and Speaker in the Darkness.  What has drawn you to the Lord of Death this day?"  A rich voice asks, some distance in the chamber.
Cetanu
 player, 65 posts
Mon 30 Nov 2015
at 14:56
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
Cetanu bowed, out of respect, unsure if Talros could even see the gesture. It was somewhat unsettling to him that his vision was incapable of piercing the darkness, but it was what it was.

"I very nearly recently crossed over, High Priest, I had a vision, and I was back. In my vision, if you will call it that, I experienced much. And was told to seek you out so that I may serve the Reaper, to repay his mercy."
GM
 GM, 289 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Tue 1 Dec 2015
at 22:49
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
You hear a swish of fabrics, and the slow beat of boot heels walking across the floor.  "The Reaper is not a Deity of Mercy.  The Reaper is the end of all things, the beginning of unlife.  Those of the faith who serve him in a public capacity focus on his aspect of remembrance and the care of the dead.  Those who live in shadow know his true intentions...  I have had a vision, of a warrior sent by the Reaper to remove a problem for me.   It would seem you are that warrior.  A prominent elven priestess of the Mother has been questioning the motives of my faith in public, and I desire her removal.  More than that, I desire her body so that I might gift her with unlife.  I believe you will find her sanctuary on the other side of this planet, in the city of Karov.  Do this, and perhaps the Reaper shall be satisfied."  The voice spoke, walking away in the darkness once more.  Behind you, you notice the ghost lights once more, guiding you away from the chamber of darkness.
Cetanu
 player, 66 posts
Wed 2 Dec 2015
at 13:22
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
OOC Cetanu would ask for a name, as elven priestess is rather generic. Otherwise, cool.


Cetanu nodded, again, unsure if it could be seen. "The Reaper's will, be done." Cetanu would inquire about a trophy once the job was finished. He knew the Reaper would not be satisfied, likely ever, so he didn't even entertain the thought. This was his lot now, right now and maybe for the rest of his days. Once he exited the chamber, he began seeking information about the city Karov and how long it would take him to get there. Once he knew where he was headed, he'd get there as fast as possible.
GM
 GM, 290 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Tue 8 Dec 2015
at 09:26
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
OOC:  It might have been an intentional lack of providing a name.  A test to see if you are cunning enough to figure out which priestess you are supposed to remove.  The Reaper (Lawful Evil) and the Mother (Chaotic Good) are polar opposites, one for death, the other for life.  He has given you the hints you need to figure out your target.

Leaving the Unification Church, you make your way to your spacecraft.  Connecting to the planetary InfoNet, your search begins for your target.

OOC:  Two Intelligence checks please.
Cetanu
 player, 67 posts
Tue 8 Dec 2015
at 12:37
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
Cetanu considered the priests words as he traveled, his life had just gotten even more interesting. And deadly.


OOC good point, I hadn't considered that.

07:37, Today: Cetanu rolled 4 using 1d20.  INT check.

07:37, Today: Cetanu rolled 10 using 1d20.  INT check.
GM
 GM, 291 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Mon 14 Dec 2015
at 09:39
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
OOC:  Sorry, work caught me unexpectedly.  Shall continue now!

Searching the planetary InfoNet, you come up with the location of the sacred site dedicated to the Mother, as well as a few possible candidates as your target.

High Priestess Solarus Windcaller, Elven Female, roughly middle aged.

High Priestess Auralia Grovewand, Half-Elven Female, appears to be in her 20s.

Priestess Aegia Lightsworn, Half Gold Dragon Elven Female, age indeterminable.

You arrive shortly on the outskirts of the small city, noticing in the center of the city a large park that you recognize as the sacred site.
Cetanu
 player, 68 posts
Mon 14 Dec 2015
at 14:18
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
OOC no worries, looking for work myself now. dammit. lol

Cetanu thought back on the priests words, he specified Elven, not half, or half dragon. Using that, he determined that Solarus Windcaller must be the one. Waiting until night, and using his chameleon armor he will scout the park, picking potential ambush sites, routes of escape and bottlenecks if he was persued by a larger force once he'd done his work.

09:18, Today: Cetanu rolled 9 using 1d20+6.  perception.

09:17, Today: Cetanu rolled 20 using 1d20+11.  stealth.
GM
 GM, 292 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Thu 17 Dec 2015
at 21:40
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
As you begin to stalk your prey, you notice that the park appears to be well kept, extraordinarily so.  At the entrance to the park, you note that there are no walls or gates, and that there appears to be no security.  At the moment, there appears to be only a few acolytes of the faith gathered, tending the trees and few animals that live there.  A massive tree grows in the center, next to a tranquil pond.  Within the trees boughs, you glimpse what appears to be a tree house, with a ladder extended down.  Occasionally, an acolyte goes up or down the extended stairs, disappearing within.
Cetanu
 player, 69 posts
Fri 18 Dec 2015
at 17:20
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
Cetanu will continue to stalk the area, looking for other ways up to the tree house, it wouldn't do to get surprised, he had no idea what these priestly types were capable of after all. And he still hadn't found the spot he wanted for the kill.


12:19, Today: Cetanu rolled 24 using 1d20+11.  stealth.

12:18, Today: Cetanu rolled 25 using 1d20+6.  perception.
GM
 GM, 293 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Sun 27 Dec 2015
at 10:02
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
You manage to avoid detection for now, but your observations provide little detail.  You believe that perhaps this tree house is larger than it appears, for there are many acolytes than it would account for.  Dusk approaches, and you see the acolytes begin to gather by the pond.  From the water, massive lily pads emerge, opening to reveal three priestess.  One a half gold dragon, one a half elf, and one an elf.  They begin to sing, serenading those gathered as the sun sets.
Cetanu
 player, 70 posts
Tue 29 Dec 2015
at 16:28
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
OOC assuming I have a clear line of sight....


Cetanu decides now was the time, surely they did not expect an attack in their sacred garden. Carefully aiming and firing his shoulder blaster at the elven woman.

11:27, Today: Cetanu rolled 14 using 4d4+5.  dmg.

11:27, Today: Cetanu rolled 16 using 1d20+5.  shoulder blaster.
GM
 GM, 294 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Tue 5 Jan 2016
at 14:47
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
The blast tears through the evening air, striking the elven woman in the shoulder.  The gathered acolytes begin to scatter, while the two high priestesses each react to the attack, blocking their sister from further direct attacks.  One reaches down, a green healing light flowing from her hand to the wounded priestess.  The half dragoness looks in your direction, her golden orbs peering seemingly at your location.  She points at your direction, and green armored figures appear from the fringes of the group, rangers of some sort, blasters being drawn as they advance towards you.

OOC:  You have four rangers approaching your location.  They appear to be humanoids, wearing dark green combat armor.  Stealth Check and Initiative, as well as first rounds actions.
Cetanu
 player, 71 posts
Tue 5 Jan 2016
at 19:12
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
OOC If I can't avoid the rangers let me know, I'll roll attacks.

14:07, Today: Cetanu rolled 20 using 1d20+3.  init.

14:06, Today: Cetanu rolled 23 using 1d20+11.  stealth.

Cetanu will try to move into a position to get another shot at the priestess he hit with his initial attack. In doing so he will try to avoid the rangers for now, it was imperative that he finish this job, and quickly.
GM
 GM, 295 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Tue 12 Jan 2016
at 21:13
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
The rangers appear to be quite adept at finding you, their blasters aim at you as laser sights flick on, hitting your location.  Once two of the rangers lock on your location, the other two spread out, beginning to surround your location.  Meanwhile, the priestesses continue to guard their fallen comrade, and the acolytes continue to run and hide.

OOC:  So, cold is kicking my butt.  Think of this post as part of a turn, giving you a chance to react.  The rangers appear to have your approximate location, with their laser sights pretty much locked on your location.  Your stealth will provide a cover bonus at the moment against their attacks.
Cetanu
 player, 72 posts
Fri 15 Jan 2016
at 13:46
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
OOC hope you feel better, I'm starting a new job this week so that's why I've been slow.


Cetanu cursed his luck. He was going to need bigger guns for this type of thing.

The priestess had to die. Cetanu aimed and fired once more before beginning his escape attempt.
 As soon as the shot is fired, Cetanu will begin to move away from the rangers, trying to get to the edge of the park area as fast as possible.



08:45, Today: Cetanu rolled 12 using 4d4+5.  dmg.

08:45, Today: Cetanu rolled 12 using 1d20+5.  shoot.
GM
 GM, 296 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Fri 15 Jan 2016
at 17:54
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
With multiple reaction fires to your attack, that with the grace of the Reaper fail to hit you, the rangers target your location.  Your shot strikes the water adjacent to the priestesses, causing them to look to your location.  The half elf woman chants, pointing at you, a glow begins to surround your form.  The half-dragoness makes a few gestures, and a few words of power, causing the vegetation in the the area to begin to grow, and sway, sticking to you, slowing you down.

OOC:  Will be gone for a few days, so congrats on the job.
Cetanu
 player, 73 posts
Fri 15 Jan 2016
at 18:57
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
Cetanu will use his mind claws now, to slash the vegetation away and simply try to get away from this place for now.


OOC cool enjoy your weekend and thanks!
GM
 GM, 297 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Thu 21 Jan 2016
at 13:43
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
Igniting your mindclaws, you begin to rend the vegetation around you.  Doing so allows the rangers to find your location quickly, laser fire raking your position.  You feel your left shoulder struck by the laser blast from behind, knocking you down.  The two flanking rangers draw curved blades, their blades keen as they move closer.

9 points of Fire Damage.  You are prone.  Fairy Fire has illuminated your form, negating any concealment your stealth devices offer...not to mention your glowing blades.  The two rangers will be in range in the next round, they are wielding scimitars.
Cetanu
 player, 74 posts
Thu 21 Jan 2016
at 18:59
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
Cetanu is in flight mode now, being out numbered and surrounded was not his idea of a good time. If any vegetation is currently holding him back he will continue to slash and move, otherwise he's going to move away from the laser firing rangers in a zig zag pattern to make himself a more difficult target.


OOC If I need to roll anything for these actions, let me know. If these actions aren't possible let me know.
GM
 GM, 298 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Sat 23 Jan 2016
at 13:10
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
Quickly recovering from your injury, you begin to outright run away from the field, though you are still glowing.  The Rangers with lasers fire again, but both shots miss you, hard to believe, as you race away.  The two scimitar armed Rangers pull along side you, each swinging in different directions to bring you down.  The first blade hits you, cutting into your side, while the second misses.

4 points of Slashing damage.  You have one more turn before you can be considered out of direct line of fire, but you are still illuminated by faerie fire, and you have the two rangers armed with their scimitars on your flank.
Cetanu
 player, 75 posts
Sat 23 Jan 2016
at 17:29
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
Cetanu doesn't acknowledge the blow, even though it stings, he keeps running but now slashes out with his mind claws at the ranger who just hit him.


12:27, Today: Cetanu rolled 11 using 1d4+7.  dmg.

12:27, Today: Cetanu rolled 16 using 1d20+7.  mind claw.

GM
 GM, 299 posts
 Ready for Adventure?
 That looked like it hurt
Sat 30 Jan 2016
at 07:52
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
Your mind claw glides over the rangers armor, causing him to pause a moment to acknowledge the blow.  As you enter the woods, you notice that the laser fire has stopped, though both rangers are still on your tail.  If anything, they appear to be gaining on you in this environment.  Your audio sensors pick up sirens in the distance.
Cetanu
 player, 76 posts
Sat 30 Jan 2016
at 14:08
Chapter One:  The Hunt Begins...
Cetanu will continue running, trying to lose the rangers if he can. If not, he will stop to deal with them and then move on.

OOC if they catch up to me I'll roll attacks in the next post boss.