3A: Delivering Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Arbiter
 GM, 569 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 27 Feb 2011
at 23:29
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
PM
Roice Delfinn
 player, 262 posts
Mon 28 Feb 2011
at 00:08
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
PM
Arbiter
 GM, 571 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 28 Feb 2011
at 01:18
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
PM
Roice Delfinn
 player, 263 posts
Mon 28 Feb 2011
at 01:38
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
PM
Arbiter
 GM, 573 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 17:50
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Meanwhile, back in non-Roice-ville, nothing much seems to be going on.  The hold is empty except for the two docked ships, with no sign of Splynn's goons.  Roice is still over on Splynn's ship talking about who-knows-what, and there's not much to do except sit back and wait.

Q7 takes the opportunity to do a manual inspection of the outer hull, giving the patches the Imps put in place a thorough going over and looking for any further sign of damage or wear.

Chatterbox is idly flipping through comm channels, looking for interesting traffic.  But, mostly it's just dead air and data feeds.
Harry Selous
 player, 176 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 17:59
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"OK." Harry says after a while, "Looks like everything's calmed down. I'm gonna go look around this freighter. Anybody actually NEED anything, or do we all just want stuff?" Harry shouted to try and let everyone hear him, regardless of where they were on the ship, or if he still had it, using the headset. He wanted to know if they needed any parts for the ship, that way he could try and get one while he was off looking for weapons and armor.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 220 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 19:06
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks emerges from the bridge, much calmer and relaxed.

Anything we can trade!

I'll start on rebuilding Forem.  I reckon between Agail'ili and I we can fix him up in no time.
Sparks begins searching the hold for the bigger bits of Forem first, collecting them in a pile by the lounge.  Droid's weren't really his bag, but he'd give it a crack!
Arbiter
 GM, 574 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 19:09
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Q7 has collected all of poor, poor Forem's bits and bobs in a crate back in the engine room.
Harry Selous
 player, 177 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 19:13
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Alright, I'll see if I can scrounge up something." Harry said, heading off the ship and on to the freighter to have a look around and see what he could see.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 221 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 19:15
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks will use his technical and electronics knowledge to start reconstructing Forem's endo skeleton, over the next few days of hyperspace travel.  Sparks doesn't have a clue how to re-programme him, but that job should be several days away
Arbiter
 GM, 575 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 19:31
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Selous: The two ships are parked in the vast, empty hold of the bulk cruiser.  While it currently is serving as an ad hoc docking bay, it's usually used to transport millions of tons of cargo.  There's a series of catwalks up near the ceiling (a couple of hundred feet up) that lead to some closed hatches.  But as for what you see in your immediate area, it's just the Sun Tracker and Splynn's yacht.

Strickland: Since you don't have Droid Repair, make a straight Technical roll to see if you're up to the challenge.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 222 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 22:48
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Arbiter:
Strickland: Since you don't have Droid Repair, make a straight Technical roll to see if you're up to the challenge.

22:45, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 17 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}5,6,6. Technical.
Arbiter
 GM, 576 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 22:59
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Yeah, you won't have any trouble...
Agial'ili
 player, 273 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 23:31
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"It would be nice if they have a spare bacta tank I could use and I would love to have some decent gear" she says after the question what they would want to buy/trade.

Then she sits down with Timothy to help rebuild poor Forum. She did not fell strong enough to tour the outside of the ship. She had to trust in Q7's expert eye.

"Poor Forum, he was a polite droid. Let's see if we can rebuild him" with that she started the rebuilding.

OOC: 00:31, Today: Agial'ili rolled 17 using 5 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 2,6,{Wild}3,1,5. Droid Repair. I see that Timothy is as good as I am :)
Arbiter
 GM, 577 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 23:45
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Uh, yeah, you guys are good ;)
Harry Selous
 player, 178 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 23:58
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry shakes his head and turns back to the ship.

"I don't think there's anything here to get. Just a big empty ship." Harry says with a bit of a sigh, "Maybe we'll get a chance to grab gear and stuff later before we get our next job." Harry said with a shrug.
Garret Haskel
 player, 379 posts
Fri 4 Mar 2011
at 17:25
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Nothing we can do until we're on the move again. Then we can find an opportunity to better arm and equip ourselves according to our needs."
Arbiter
 GM, 579 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 4 Mar 2011
at 18:07
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice returns from Splynn's yacht after a while.  Down in the engine room, Strickland and Aggie are sorting through Forem's pieces, organizing the components in preparation of rebuilding him.
Garret Haskel
 player, 380 posts
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 15:14
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Welcome back captain. All is quiet here. I see that the gungan hasn't returned with you. Does this mean he won't be our problem anymore?"

For the last part he couldn't help but sound a bit hopeful. He liked the idea of not having Tarsk Bola around to cause them trouble.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 37 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 20:35
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Bola tromps up the ramp just in time to hear Haskel's comment and eagerly dashes his hopes with the reply of, "Yoosa only wishin', meat.  But don't be worryin' yoosa fuzzy little head about it.  Once we landin' I'm gonna be gettin' as far away from yoosa as I can for as long as I can.  Until then," he shrugs and sneers, "Weesa just havin' to put up with each other a bit longer, eh?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 381 posts
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 20:50
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"That might be easier if you would pretend to be a bit nicer than Harry's new pet."
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 38 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 21:51
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The Gungan merely sneers and pushes past Haskel, heading for the bridge.
Agial'ili
 player, 274 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 23:24
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
She looked towards the Captain with a smile: "Did you manage to get us the supplies we need?" Then very self consciously she pointed at her damaged leg. "Any possibility of some extra medical care for me?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 264 posts
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 23:42
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice nods.  "Don't know the details yet, but we're headed to a place where I think we'll have plenty of opportunity to take a few deep breaths.  Let's get her buttoned up and warmed, Bola's got the coords."
Arbiter
 GM, 580 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 6 Mar 2011
at 01:03
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice returns to the bridge, Q7 plugging in beside him.  The little astromech feeds the coordinates for the new location into the navicomputer, grumbling all the while about how long it takes the stupid old thing to crunch the numbers.

The Sun Tracker leaves the bulk cruiser's cargo bay, followed shortly by Splynn's yacht.  The Assistant VicePrex's ship turns and zips off into hyperspace while the Tracker pivots in the opposite direction and accelerates to lightspeed.

Within a matter of a few hours, the ship comes out of hyperspace, sensors indicating the nearby system as being within Corporate Sector space.  So, back in the CSA again, it seems.

A system patrol craft hails the Tracker, wanting to know its business.  Bola obligingly rattles off a quick code phrase, causing the patrol craft pilot to apologize and get out of the way.  Roice flies towards the drab, unremarkable planet registered as "Gaurick," homing in on the beacon frequency emanating from the world's only apparent spaceport.

He flies the ship down towards the surface--an unremarkable, agrarian world, with little in the way of large cities or overt technology that your cursory inspections reveal.  Chatterbox chimes in, explaining that Guarick is a world that they have visited often, delivering loads of chak-root to sell to the locals.  A tricky business due to the theology that ruled the planet and its hardline stance against chak-root.

After a short flight, the Sun Tracker lands on a small pad in a fenced off spaceport.  People, near-humans, probably natives, wander outside the fence, some gawking at the landing ship, others shouting and waving signs that say things like "POISON FOR THE BODY IS POISON FOR THE SPIRIT!" and "NO TO THE ROOT!"

But you lose sight of the locals as the pad lowers the ship underground, a reinforced hatch closing overhead.

Bola gets up and tells you all that you've arrived.  This will be your "home, sweet home" as he puts it, when not running errands for Splynn.  The Gungan leaves the bridge and lowers the ramp, disembarking from the ship without further word.

So, welcome home...