3A: Delivering Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Arbiter
 GM, 476 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 13 Dec 2010
at 14:34
3A: Delivering Stock
The Star Destroyers head off, leaving the Sun Tracker basically alone with the soon-to-be-exploding Interdictor and a hold full of Imperial refugees.

Strickland escorts a naval officer to the bridge as Roice is maneuvering the ship away from the dying cruiser.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 157 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 13 Dec 2010
at 15:23
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Copy Star Destroyer.  Sun Tracker out."
Sparks relays the rendevous co-ordinates to Delfinn.

I think Q7 is indesposed in the engine room.  You'll have to set the nav computer yourself Captain.
How far away is this rendevouz?  Don't want to spend too much time with the Imps!

Sparks makes small talk with Commander Jensen, flatering the man, and putting his at his ease.  Sparks will then bring the conversation round to their cover story, attacked by pirates, crewmen brutalised, and cargo stolen!
"We have a desperate need for medical supplies, Commander, as well as a means to earn an honest living..."
13:26, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 15 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,{Wild}5,4. Con.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:27, Tue 14 Dec 2010.

Agial'ili
 player, 220 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 13 Dec 2010
at 16:41
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
In reply to Timothy Strickland (msg #2):

Agial'ili noting the gauzes displaying the status of the ship felt that she had to warn the Captain: "Captain, before you plot coordinates, please remember that we have very limited life support capabilities and fuel left. It could be that those coordinates are just to far away for us to reach"

Harry Selous
 player, 115 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 13 Dec 2010
at 21:07
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry walks slowly towards the storm trooper that had broken off from the rest and leans against the wall, sliding down until he to is sitting with his back against the wall. He keeps his blaster held loosely in his hands, ready to fire in case anyone tries anything, but at ease enough to not be seen as threatening.

PM
Roice Delfinn
 player, 234 posts
Mon 13 Dec 2010
at 22:15
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice nods at Agail'ili as he throttles up on a vector away from the Interdictor.  "C-Box, crunch those coordinates and calculate a full report on fuel cell reserves and life support with our added...  cargo.  Q7, load it up and be ready to punch it."
Chatterbox
 NPC, 21 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Tue 14 Dec 2010
at 12:27
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The droid brain starts to splutter something indignant, then sighs and simply replies, "I'll see what I can figure out, Captain..."

A few seconds pass, then he says, "I conferred with Q7 on the calculations and we should be fine.  The rendezvous with the Imperial rescue ship isn't far off our path.  We'll be cutting it close, but we should be able to make it there and to our destination on our remaining fuel reserves."
Arbiter
 GM, 477 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 14 Dec 2010
at 12:36
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Jensen replies to Strickland, "While we have our own casualties and injuries to look after, I will make sure that you are given assistance in gratitude for your service to the Empire."

Looking at Roice, his expression is confused.  "Who are you talking to?" he says.

(He's not wearing a headset like everyone else)
Agial'ili
 player, 221 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 14 Dec 2010
at 13:07
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Since Roice was busy and she had nothing better to do she decided to answer the question: "He is talking to our computer, calculating if we have the means to make a detour. We were badly hurt by a Pirate attack and we have only limited fuel."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 158 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 14 Dec 2010
at 13:28
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
PM
Roice Delfinn
 player, 235 posts
Wed 15 Dec 2010
at 03:00
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice cocks the headset off his ear and says, "Sorry Commander, I'd shake your hand but I'm a little busy.  We've been badly hurt by a pirate attack and we have only limited fuel."

He puts the headset back on and says, "Say when, Q7."
Arbiter
 GM, 480 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 15 Dec 2010
at 14:49
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Jensen pointedly ignores Aggie's comment, visibly stiffening and scowling slightly when she speaks but not looking in her direction.

He nods when Roice repeats the exact same information.  "I understand.  It is good to see that, even in your current state, you came to the rescue of fellow humans." Again, he doesn't look at Aggie, but, oh, it's obvious what he's thinking...

Saluting Roice, he says, "I must see to my men, make sure they are secure.  Thank you and your crew again, Captain."

He turns to leave, but pauses long enough to glance at Strickland, "I'll see what I can do about getting compensation for your ship for your service to the Empire during your own time of trouble."

Then he's gone, back down to the cargo bay.
Q7-P10
 NPC, 26 posts
 Beedle boop!
Wed 15 Dec 2010
at 14:50
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"We're good to go whenever," Q7 responds from the engine room.  "I preset the coordinates.  It's a bit off our path, but we should still have enough fuel to get there and to our original destination barring any other surprises."
Garret Haskel
 player, 322 posts
Wed 15 Dec 2010
at 15:11
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret was still standing just inside the cargo area, keeping watch over the imperial troops.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 159 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 15 Dec 2010
at 15:53
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Arbiter:
Jensen pointedly ignores Aggie's comment, visibly stiffening and scowling slightly when she speaks but not looking in her direction.

He nods when Roice repeats the exact same information.  "I understand.  It is good to see that, even in your current state, you came to the rescue of fellow humans." Again, he doesn't look at Aggie, but, oh, it's obvious what he's thinking...


Smiling broadly at the Commanders offer, Sparks turns to Agail'ili still wearing the smile, albeit frozen...
Best not talk to him again Aggie.  Actually, probably best if you stay out of their way altogether.  Do you need help back to the engine room or your cabin?
Arbiter
 GM, 481 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 15 Dec 2010
at 21:14
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Haskel: Jensen comes back down the gangway into the cargo hold.  He gives you a curt nod of acknowledgment, then steps into the center of the hold.

"Men, we will be making rendezvous with the rescue vessel soon.  I want you to remain on alert and aware of your surroundings at all times.  This crew is mixed.  While their loyalty to the Empire isn't in question... yet, I want you to be aware that there are non-humans on board that may or may not harbor Rebel sympathies.  Regardless, we will be out of the crew's hair soon enough and hopefully nothing unfortunate will occur during our time as guests aboard." He glares sternly at the Stormtrooper contingent, "I repeat, nothing unfortunate.  Am I making myself crystal clear?"

"Sir!" the Stormtroopers reply immediately, in near-unison.

"Borden, Miravi, join me at that table," he points to the lounge.  "The rest of you have your orders."

Two black-uniformed officers break away from the navy group and follow Jensen.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 160 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 15 Dec 2010
at 21:30
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
I've got a bad feeling about this. wispers Sparks to Delfinn.

I'll fire up the Holo-vid with the local news channel.  Perhaps that will help calm things down.
Sparks selects the most pro-empire propaganda holo channel he can find, and tunes in it.
Agial'ili
 player, 223 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 15 Dec 2010
at 22:23
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili had made herself a bit smaller when the officer had negated her. She looked smaller somehow and fearful. She nodded to Strickland and said softly: "My cabin please, I don't want to cause any problems."
Garret Haskel
 player, 323 posts
Thu 16 Dec 2010
at 01:50
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret knew exactly who Jensen was talking about; he tried; but not very hard; to hide his distaste for the man and his speech. The guests had been behaving well enough so far. He ignored him as he passed back with some of his officers in tow.

"Captain, Jensen and two officers are meeting in the lounge. The rest of our guests appear to be fine."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 236 posts
Thu 16 Dec 2010
at 02:28
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice cuts over the sublights and throttles into hyperdrive.

"Just everybody keep smiles on for..."  He glances at the navicomputer.  "Q7, ETA on this lane?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 27 posts
 Beedle boop!
Thu 16 Dec 2010
at 14:58
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Three, maybe four hours," Q7 replies.  "Long enough that I've taken the liberty of locking all the doors to the engine room.  Just to be safe."

The ship slingshots into hyperspace and the droid breathes a synthesized sigh of relief.  "I swear, before you guys showed up I never worried so much about this ship doing something as simple as jumping to lightspeed.  It's like we picked up a curse or something--Hang on," Q7 interrupts himself, his fabricated tone concerned.  "Captain, I'm picking up another power fluctuation.  Looks like we've got a problem with--" All of the sudden the lights go out.  "Life support..." he sighs again.
Agial'ili
 player, 226 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 16 Dec 2010
at 21:46
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Life support failing. Oh great, just what they needed with all the extra passengers aboard and a lengthy detour. It would also mean that she would have to face those humans again. She sighed, there was nothing to be done about it.

She opened the voxlink: "Mr Strickland, can you help me to engineering?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 237 posts
Mon 20 Dec 2010
at 03:11
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice turns.  "Aggie, be careful down there.  You're in no condition to strain yourself.  Basic diagnostic and then let Q7 do the work."

He turns back to the console.  "C-Box and Q7, start bypassing all nonessential systems until we nail down the source of this issue.  Vents and cooling in the quarters, electrical to unused fixtures, whatever you can think of.  Just the basics until we come out of this jump."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 28 posts
 Beedle boop!
Mon 20 Dec 2010
at 15:58
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
From the engine room, Q7 replies, "It's a problem with the power system, Cap'n.  Some sort of weird spike, don't know the cause yet.  I could use someone manning the board while I test circuits to rig a bypass."
Arbiter
 GM, 488 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 20 Dec 2010
at 16:02
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
In the cargo hold, the Imperials take note of the sudden loss of lights.  In the red glow of the emergency lighting, the 'Troopers are extra alert, several reaching for blasters that they'd forgotten they'd left behind.  The naval officers are less disciplined, milling about nervously, several uttering shocked exclamations in the sudden darkness.

Jensen stomps out of the lounge and confronts Selous--who hasn't made his way out of the hold yet--and Haskel, "What is going on here?  What's the matter with your ship?"
Harry Selous
 player, 117 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 20 Dec 2010
at 16:37
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"I don't know." Harry sighs exasperated, "It's a floating piece of junk. The ship savvy members of the crew will take care of it. Just wait it out till then. This happens all the time."
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 32 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Mon 20 Dec 2010
at 17:46
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"WHAT INNA HELL ISSA GOIN' ON!?!" Bola's voice echoes from one of the ship to the other.  He's standing at the head of the gangway, glaring in surprised rage at the hold full of Imperial soldiers.

For their part, the Imps whirl as a group to face the bellowing Gungan.

Bola storms into the bridge, shouting, "Delfeen!  Why th' hold bein' full of Imps, eh?  What happened to da lights?" He looms over Roice, teeth bared in a snarl, "Yoosa best bein' tellin' me what's goin' on iff'n yoosa knowin' what's good for you..."

OOC: this is easily the maddest anyone's seen Bola in a while.  And that's saying something.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 161 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 20 Dec 2010
at 18:44
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Uh frak!
Curses Sparks at Bola's usual well balanced view of the world! Sparks retrieves the blaster from his Comm's station stowage, and stuffs it into his overalls pocket.

"Come on Aggie, I'll carry you to the engine room luv."Sparks scoops up the (hopefully light) engineer for the short journey.
Harry Selous
 player, 118 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 20 Dec 2010
at 19:32
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry brushes past the officer and makes his way up to the gangway where he'd have a good shot at anybody that wanted to try anything. His blaster is still in his hands, though not pointing at anyone, and he stands there trying to look like he isn't forcing the imperials to stay in the hold, which he absolutely plans on doing.
Agial'ili
 player, 231 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 20 Dec 2010
at 23:33
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Thank you mr Strickland" She puts an arm around his neck so that he can carry her more easier and tries hard not to flush. Not as if a flushing Twilek is something that is easy to spot as the skin does not color, however a slight stiffness of her lemure shows her embarrassment. She is not used to this sort of kind treatment.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 238 posts
Tue 21 Dec 2010
at 00:04
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Without turning to acknowledge him, Roice says, "Oh, hey Bola.  I didn't hear you come in."

He flips a switch and transfers the navicomputer controls to the bridge.

"Got it up here Q7."

He glances at Bola.  "I was wondering if you were going to come join the fun.  Did you see we picked up some passengers?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 327 posts
Tue 21 Dec 2010
at 00:15
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret stood by, watching the imperials; saying nothing when the lights went out and when Bola decided to make his presence known all over the ship.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 33 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Tue 21 Dec 2010
at 22:48
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"I sees a whole ship fulla Imps," the Gungan hisses, "Whoosa tellin' yoosa to be pickin' 'dem up, eh?  Yoosa know what happens if theysa figurin' out what yoosa been doin'?"
Arbiter
 GM, 491 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 21 Dec 2010
at 22:51
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Strickland walks down the gangway, carrying Aggie in his arms.  He steps past Haskel and down the stairs, then makes his way through the crowd of Stormtroopers.

Jensen approaches Haskel, who is blocking the way to the bridge, and says, curtly, "I need to talk to your captain.  If you will excuse me." He moves as if to go past.
Garret Haskel
 player, 328 posts
Tue 21 Dec 2010
at 23:07
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"You can go ahead."

Garret steps aside to let him pass, but quickly steps back to stop anyone else from following.
Harry Selous
 player, 119 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 22 Dec 2010
at 00:19
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry, from his view point on the gangway, just sits and watches. Hopefully the engineer could get the life support working again before the storm troopers got antsy and Harry and Garret had to gun them all down. Harry's trigger finger itched.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 239 posts
Wed 22 Dec 2010
at 03:59
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice spins the chair and fixes a gaze at Bola, and says slowly and pointedly, "What we've been doing?  By that you mean, surely, hauling fully legal and non-restricted cargo, defending ourselves from pirate attacks, and taking dangerous chances with our ambush-damaged freighter saving local Imperial troops from a disabled and burning capital ship," he lowers his voice to a whisper, "which might grease some treds with the regional constabulary, and even you can catch that drift, Tarsk."

He turns back to the console.  "So please be nice to the men in uniform, and let us figure out what's wrong with these power spikes faulting environmental control, yeah?"



(ETF a silly typo)

This message was last edited by the player at 04:19, Thu 23 Dec 2010.

Agial'ili
 player, 232 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 22 Dec 2010
at 09:58
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili only looks at the imperials with demurely downcast eyes. She knew from experience that most man didn't like uppity slaves. It saved her quite a few smacks to be humble like and with these stormtroopers, you never knew. She had heard stories of them killing indiscriminately and they sure seemed to hate everybody not being a human. At least that is what the overseer had said.
Arbiter
 GM, 493 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 27 Dec 2010
at 00:13
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Bola starts to reply, but instead just snarls and spins on his heel, storming out of the cockpit.  He passes Jensen on the way out and rudely knocks the Imperial officer aside, slamming shoulder to shoulder and spinning the human around.

"Now just you wait one damn second!" he exclaims, grabbing the Gungan and pulling him back.  Only to pull up short and take a half-step back to get some clearance on the blaster barrel in his face.

Bola is silent, utterly, dangerously silent, as he stares coldly at Jensen, finger tightening on the trigger of his blaster.

"Hey!" A Stormtrooper calls from the base of the gangway.  "What's going on up there!?!"  He and three of his cohorts move towards the stairs, where Haskel and Selous are blocking the way.

EDIT: Oh, and Strickland and Aggie make it to the engine room door, but it's locked.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:14, Mon 27 Dec 2010.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 162 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 27 Dec 2010
at 01:39
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Arbiter:
EDIT: Oh, and Strickland and Aggie make it to the engine room door, but it's locked.

Why is the door locked!
01:21, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 2 (6 excluding the wild die) using 3 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}1,4,1. Security.
Aggie, did you lock this door on your way out?  I can't seem to open it.  what the f...
Arbiter:
"Hey!" A Stormtrooper calls from the base of the gangway.  "What's going on up there!?!"  He and three of his cohorts move towards the stairs, where Haskel and Selous are blocking the way.

Aggie, get his door open now if you want to live!
Roice Delfinn
 player, 240 posts
Mon 27 Dec 2010
at 02:44
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"What did I just say?" mutters Roice.  He bolts up from the pilot's chair and points down the bridge gangway at the duo.

"MISTER BOLA.  You will control yourself in front of our guests.  If you've a problem with my executive choices, you take it up with me or our employer, but magic button or not, understand that this sort of action will not be tolerated on a ship I'm captaining."

He stares at the Gungan.  "Stand down."
Harry Selous
 player, 120 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 27 Dec 2010
at 04:01
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry stepped towards bola and gave haskel a pat on the shoulder to tell him to stay there and watch the troopers. He walked up behind bola and leveled the blaster in his hands at bola, holding it at his hip.

"Come on Bola. Let's go back to your room and calm down. I'll fill you in on what happened while you were in your quarters."
Garret Haskel
 player, 329 posts
Mon 27 Dec 2010
at 14:14
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret stood his ground in the doorway as the stormtroopers approached.

"Stand down and stay in the cargo area. Everything is under control."

OOC:
You rolled 2 (9 excluding the wild die) using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system ((2,6,{Wild}1)).
Uh oh! Epic Failure!

Arbiter
 GM, 495 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 27 Dec 2010
at 15:30
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
OOC: Roice, gonna need a Command roll.  Selous, since you don't have the Persuasion skill, just a general Perception roll from you. (I'm prepared to NPC this since he's been having trouble getting online)

Haskel, you totally screwed the pooch with your roll...  But, hey, at least the 'Troopers aren't armed, right? ;)

Roice Delfinn
 player, 241 posts
Mon 27 Dec 2010
at 16:10
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
(08:08, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 12 using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,{Wild}6(+1),3,1. Command Roll.
08:09, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 13 using 1 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}6(+6+1). +1 CP for Command Roll.


And the CP pays off!  That would be a total 25, Steve.)
Harry Selous
 player, 121 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 27 Dec 2010
at 17:10
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
I can't figure out how to copy paste on this iPad but I rolled a 1, 7 excluding the wild die


Since this is tough to do, could you please take care of rolling one of my cps if that's possible

11:28, Today: Arbiter, on behalf of Harry Selous, rolled 5 using 1 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}5. cp.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:29, Mon 27 Dec 2010.

Agial'ili
 player, 234 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 27 Dec 2010
at 21:46
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The door was locked and she was sure she knew who had done that.

Picking up her pocketcomp she selected the  translation app and said in binary: "Q7, let me in. I am going to help you keep this vessel flying"
Arbiter
 GM, 496 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 28 Dec 2010
at 16:53
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice and Selous manage to talk Bola down.  The Gungan reluctantly lowers his pistol and returns it to his holster.  "I want 'dem offa 'dis ship... Captain..." his tone drips with derision.  He glares for a long moment at Jensen, who returns the look with equal hostility, then storms off back to his quarters.

"Out of the way, scum," the lead 'Trooper snarls at Haskel, moving to shove him aside.

OOC: 10:46, Today: Secret Roll: Arbiter rolled 4 using 2 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,{Wild}3. 'trooper brawl.

I think you can parry that fairly easily...


At the other end of the ship, the engine room door clicks and opens.  Q7 is on the other side, tweeting something that sounds apologetic.  He waits for Strickland to carry Aggie inside before closing the door behind them and locking it again.
Harry Selous
 player, 122 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 28 Dec 2010
at 17:10
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry heads for Bola's quarters and gives a light tap on the door to let Bola know that he's there. It'd be best if someone could convince Bola to calm down, as well as keep an eye on the angry gungun
Timothy Strickland
 player, 164 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 28 Dec 2010
at 17:26
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Arbiter:
At the other end of the ship, the engine room door clicks and opens.  Q7 is on the other side, tweeting something that sounds apologetic.  He waits for Strickland to carry Aggie inside before closing the door behind them and locking it again.


Sparks ensures all/both the engine room bulkheads are closed and locked.  Sparks will move Agail'ili about and help with fault finding as required.
"We need to keep this bird in the sky, and get rid of tyhe Imp's pronto!  Tell me what I can do to help?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 29 posts
 Beedle boop!
Tue 28 Dec 2010
at 18:08
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The astromech picks up his little jury-rigged speaker and plugs it in.  "Don't worry," he says, "We're not going to explode or anything.  Just a short in the life support system.  It's going to be dark, it'll get cold, and the air's going to get stale, but we've probably got enough heat and oxygen left to get us to the rendezvous with the Imperials and drop them off.  After that?  Depends on whether we can figure out where the short is."

The droid bobs about in irritation, "Nothing like this happened before.  This ship was in perfect condition when we left the impound yard.  I haven't got a clue as to why everything's gone all buggy all the sudden.  It's giving me a case of the glitches, I tell ya!"
Agial'ili
 player, 235 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 28 Dec 2010
at 23:54
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"I fully agree with that. Once we get the opportunity we are going to give her a full diagnostic. Open up every panel, check every bit of wire, remove that blasted override switch while we are at it to"

Agila'ili said with much emphasis nodding in agreement with the little droids tale. "until then however we need to keep her flying and hope that the pounding she has taken did not ruin much more."

She pointed at her leg. "I am not much good at lifting things are crawling over the place like I am now.  But mr Strickland can do that while I help keep track on the dials and such. So where do we start?"

Garret Haskel
 player, 330 posts
Wed 29 Dec 2010
at 18:54
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
OOC:
The dice gods look upon me with ill favor. I was going to do two actions, parry and then push the trooper back; the parry obviously is going to fail.
13:49, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 0 (5 excluding the wild die) using 2 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}1,4. parry

Arbiter
 GM, 497 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 30 Dec 2010
at 16:16
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Haskel and the Stormtrooper rather... ineffectually slap at each other while the other two 'Troopers slip past and rush up to back up Jensen.

The Imperial officer is positively livid as he rounds on Roice, "Captain, what is going on with this ship?  It's bad enough that you give non-humans this much freedom, but to allow such an act to go unpunished?  Recognize that while we are currently at the mercy of your hospitality, we are heading to a rendezvous with Imperial ships.  I am willing to let this incident slide, but if one more thing like this occurs I will have no problem ordering my men to seize this ship and have you all brought up on charges of assault, your ship seized and searched for contraband, and each member of your crew submitted to interrogation as possible Rebel sympathizers.  Am I making myself clear, sir?"

Selous: Bola isn't responding to your knock.

Aggie and Strickland: Q7 points you in the direction of an access hatch.  "Main power trunk's though there.  It's a tight squeeze, but you can probably wedge yourself in there.  Take a meter and start checking relays, see if you can find any that are giving bad readings or are outright flatline."
Harry Selous
 player, 123 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 30 Dec 2010
at 18:22
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry shrugged as Bola ignored him and decided instead that he would just make sure Bola didn't do anything crazy. He leaned back against the wall outside Bola's room and waited, blaster in hand. He often found that the best way to keep a situation under control was to give a man a job and expect him to do it no matter what else was going on. Garret could handle the storm troopers, Roice could handle the officer. The techies could handle the life support, and Harry could keep Bola from sending it all down the shitter.
Agial'ili
 player, 236 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 30 Dec 2010
at 22:22
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
With a little help from Strickland she lowered herself to the floor and started opening the hatch, peering inside she wondered if she could get in in her current condition.

OOC: I can imagine that such a feat is beyond her current ability of locomotive action.
Arbiter
 GM, 498 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 30 Dec 2010
at 23:16
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
OOC: Yeah, the twisting alone would cause enough pain to probably make you faint.
Garret Haskel
 player, 331 posts
Fri 31 Dec 2010
at 16:40
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret plants both fists on the trooper's chestplate and pushes hard to get some space between him and his opponent.

"Stand down now Storm Trooper and call the other two back in here."

OOC: 11:36, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 31 using 5 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,6,6,{Wild}6(+5),2. brawling. 16:44, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 12 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 4,{Wild}3,5. command.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:49, Fri 31 Dec 2010.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 242 posts
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 02:18
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice looks at the officer, his face even.  After a moment of silence, he leans out into the gangway in an act of making sure Bola is out of earshot, then puts his finger to his lips and motions conspiratorially for the Imperial to step onto the bridge and join him.

"If I might explain..." he says quietly.
Arbiter
 GM, 499 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 05:52
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Jensen appears highly suspicious, but decides to follow.  The bridge hatch closes behind, causing him to miss Haskel forcibly shove the Stormtrooper, who goes reeling back and falls down the stairs to the deck below.

Before Haskel can finish talking, the other two 'Troopers jump on him, punching with armored fists.

OOC: 23:49, Today: Arbiter rolled 27 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,6,{Wild}6(+6+3). Trooper 2 Brawl.
23:49, Today: Arbiter rolled 11 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,{Wild}5,5. Trooper 1 Brawl.

Haskel: Either try to parry both (reducing your Brawling Parry by 1D for both rolls) or parry one and attempt to soak the damage from the other.  You're choice.

Selous: To join in or not to join in, that is the question.

Arbiter
 GM, 500 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 05:54
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The bridge hatch closes as Roice and Jensen enter the cockpit.  There are some muffled sounds outside, but the Imperial officer doesn't seem to notice.  "This had better be one excellent explanation, Captain," he says huffily.  "I've had about all I can stand of this crew of yours."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 243 posts
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 06:24
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Time to turn it on.

Roice slumps down into the pilot's chair.  "Ah.  Yes.  Crew."

He waves his hand dismissively and motions for Jensen to have a seat, then leans forward and says in a low, knowing voice, "Ex-cons, the lot of them--thus their surliness, and... how should I put it...  their diversity...?"

He motions with his fingers at his chin, pantomiming a Gungan's barbels, then does the same to the back of his head, as Lekku.

Without giving the officer a chance to break in, he continues.  "My employer (who at this time I believe would still want me to maintain his anonymity--you understand) holds in me a certain amount of trust that I will keep such ruffians in check, focused, and on task..."

He narrows his eyes.  "None of them are being paid for their services, if you catch my drift, sir."

He leans back and glances nonchalantly at the astronavigation computer.  "Besides, often the best way to acquire, ahem, employees of such disposition is to source them through their own kind...  If you catch my drift, sir."

He looks back and levels his gaze at Jensen.  "There is a reason why I knew my cargo bay could hold forty-plus... passengers...  If you catch my drift.  Sir."
Arbiter
 GM, 502 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 06:51
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Convicts and aliens and you let them have the run of this ship armed!?!" Jensen replies, incredulously.  "While I have little interest in just what your 'business' is--as long as it doesn't interfere with Imperial matters--I have to say that giving guns to someone as obviously unhinged as that Gungan is foolish at best."
Harry Selous
 player, 126 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 08:27
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry moved a bit closer to the fight.

"let's break it up fellas. No reason to start trouble. Break it up." he shouted over the din of the scuffle.



OOC- should I roll something for this?
Arbiter
 GM, 503 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 16:07
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
OOC: Make a Command roll
Harry Selous
 player, 127 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 18:21
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
You rolled 9 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system ((2,4,{Wild}3))
Arbiter
 GM, 504 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 18:54
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
OOC: Yeah...  No...
Now hold on so we can see if Haskel gets beat up or not.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:55, Sat 01 Jan 2011.

Harry Selous
 player, 128 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 18:58
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
ooc- yeah, I figured.

Harry went back to his spot by Bola's door. If it looked like the storm troopers were going to kill Garret, then he'd step in and just blast em if he had to, but if they just roughed the other man up a little and then went on their way, he figured that'd be punishment enough in their eyes, and hopefully he wouldn't have to try and shoot 40 plus storm troopers.
Agial'ili
 player, 238 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 19:49
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
She shook her head: "I can't get into there Q7. It is to narrow for me in my current condition. Either you go or mr Strickland."

She looked towards the human: "I can tell you what you have to do, if you care to try"

Roice Delfinn
 player, 244 posts
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 21:49
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice leans back in the chair and lets out a worlds-weary sigh.  "'Unhinged' doesn't describe the half of it," he says truthfully.

"But he's my best hunt--... uh, my best recruiter.  And believe me, his taste for credits outweighs his taste for violence.  Which is why he stood down back there."

He chuckles.  "It's ironic, really... He's afraid that Imperial bureaucracy might delay our operation when in reality it's that same Imperial bureaucracy that's our most loyal customer--"

He stops short and snaps his mouth shut, as if he's said too much.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 165 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 2 Jan 2011
at 21:58
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili:
She shook her head: "I can't get into there Q7. It is to narrow for me in my current condition. Either you go or mr Strickland."

She looked towards the human: "I can tell you what you have to do, if you care to try"


Right O, luv.  I'll do what I can. Sparks will follow instruction like a professional.
Garret Haskel
 player, 337 posts
Tue 4 Jan 2011
at 22:51
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
OOC:Parry 1 attack:

17:50, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 11 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,1,{Wild}6(+3). parry.

Arbiter
 GM, 508 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 5 Jan 2011
at 16:52
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Haskel: You deflect one 'Trooper's strike, but catch an armored fist across the jaw for your troubles.  Roll Strength to soak damage.

OOC: 10:45, Today: Arbiter rolled 9 using 2 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}5,4. Trooper 2 punch damage.

Roice: Jensen looks like he's considering something for a moment.  "You're coming from the Corporate Sector, aren't you?  Your ship's transponder marks your registration as originating from there."

Strickland and Aggie: Strickland manages to crawl into the tangled nest of wires and conduits connected to a central power distribution unit.  There's nothing outwardly the matter, no signs of burned wires or obvious shorting circuits.

OOC: Aggie, any repair roll you make will be reduced by 1D since you're relaying information for something you aren't looking at firsthand.  Strickland, due to your knowledge in working with electrical equipment, no penalties.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 245 posts
Wed 5 Jan 2011
at 20:34
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice is silent for a moment, as if he's considering an answer, then simply says, "Yes, sir."
Agial'ili
 player, 239 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 5 Jan 2011
at 23:19
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
She closed her eyes and tried to remember what went where. She had been inside there before, having the schematics on her datapad helped but still, she longed to get in there herself.

"Okay, mr Strickland as you move inside you will see.... "

OOC: a -1D sounds like a fair call to me
Garret Haskel
 player, 338 posts
Thu 6 Jan 2011
at 14:42
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
OOC: 09:39, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 18 using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}4,5,5,4. str check.
Arbiter
 GM, 509 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 7 Jan 2011
at 04:09
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Haskel: You shrug off the punch easily.  "Hey!" shouts the 'Trooper you shoved originally, "Get that guy!" He and several others run up the gangway to join in the brawl.

OOC: You're now ringed by 7 Stormtroopers.  Shall we rumble?


Roice: Before Jensen can expound upon his question further, loud shouting and the pounding of booted feet outside draws your attention to the growing problems outside the bridge.

Strickland and Aggie: Since there's no external sign of damage, Strickland opens the cover to the PDU.

OOC: Strickland, make a Technical roll +1D for your Comm Engineering skill to determine just what the heck you're looking at.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 166 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 7 Jan 2011
at 12:45
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Arbiter:
Strickland and Aggie: Since there's no external sign of damage, Strickland opens the cover to the PDU.

OOC: Strickland, make a Technical roll +1D for your Comm Engineering skill to determine just what the heck you're looking at.

A myriad of things tumble about in Sparks mind - The raw Pixie, Commander Jensen, Bola, 20 Stromtroopers, etc, etc, which distract him from the job at hand.
12:38, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 3 (8 excluding the wild die) using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 4,2,1,{Wild}1. Fault Finding?.
Harry Selous
 player, 130 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 7 Jan 2011
at 13:10
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Now the little fight was getting out of hand.

"Hey!" Harry yelled, firing his blaster one time in to the ground to get all of the fighter's attention, "Cut that shit out! Now!"

OOC- Command roll + 2 for firing the blaster - You rolled 3 (4 excluding the wild die) using 3 dice and +2 pips with the WEG Classic system (({Wild}1,2,1)).

yeah, that sucks
Arbiter
 GM, 510 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 7 Jan 2011
at 15:08
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
OOC: Character points are an option if you want to try and bolster your roll.
Garret Haskel
 player, 339 posts
Fri 7 Jan 2011
at 17:47
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret looked around at the stormies surrounding him. Taking a second look around, he pivoted and attacked the trooper standing between him and Harry's gun; hoping to knock him down and get past before the others could react.

"So this is the thank one gets for saving your lives. CBox, alert the captain that the storm troopers are attacking members of the crew."

OOC: Bring it on!!!!!
Update:13:05, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 32 using 5 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,6,5,{Wild}6(+5),4. brawling/knockdown.
Freedom!!!!!

This message was last edited by the player at 18:06, Fri 07 Jan 2011.

Arbiter
 GM, 511 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 7 Jan 2011
at 18:03
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
OOC: Meh...  I'm too lazy to check.  So, it'll work. ;)
Harry Selous
 player, 131 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 7 Jan 2011
at 20:13
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
With Garret beside him, Harry quickly leveled his blaster from pointing at the floor to pointing at the storm troopers.

"Look, just go back in the hold, everything will be fine. Your officer is talking to our captain, and we'll try to get you back to imperial vessels as soon as possible." He said in a steady voice, trying to settle everything without having to shoot any storm troopers.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 246 posts
Sun 9 Jan 2011
at 17:53
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
(OOC: How does Jensen react to the noises?)
Arbiter
 GM, 512 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 9 Jan 2011
at 19:00
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
OOC: Just super until Selous fires a blaster...

Roice: "What is going on in this madhouse!?!" The Imperial officer shouts, his face visibly paling, even in the red glow of emergency lighting.  "Captain, you don't have the manpower to overwhelm my men.  If this is some Rebel trick, I will ensure that each and every one of you is imprisoned and tortured to death!"

Chatterbox pipes up over your headset, "Mr. Haskel would like me to inform you that the Stormtroopers are attacking members of the crew.  And by 'members' I mean Mr. Haskel, and by 'attacking, I mean he started it..."

Haskel and Selous: Haskel break through the ring of Stormtroopers and moves beside Selous, who brandishes his blaster and tries to talk the 'Troopers down.  It's unclear if his words have any effect, but they make no move to get closer.

Various shouts of "What's going on?" and "Was that a blaster?" filter up from the cargo hold.

Chatterbox's reply over the headset is, "Oh, he knows, you lunatic..."

Bola opens his door a crack and says, "Yoosa startin' a fight with 'da Imps?  Sayin' da word and I'm in."

Strickland and Aggie: Strickland can't make heads or tails of what he's seeing.  To say the wiring is... unconventional is an understatement.

OOC: If you want to try and make sense of the tangle of wires, go ahead and make another roll.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 167 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 9 Jan 2011
at 19:34
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Arbiter:
Strickland and Aggie: Strickland can't make heads or tails of what he's seeing.  To say the wiring is... unconventional is an understatement.

OOC: If you want to try and make sense of the tangle of wires, go ahead and make another roll.


19:33, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 12 using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,3,{Wild}4,4. Fault Finding?.
Arbiter
 GM, 513 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 9 Jan 2011
at 20:52
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Brief GM interjection while waiting for replies: It's getting noticeably colder on board and the air is starting to taste stale.  40+ people in a sealed can use up the O2 fast...
Timothy Strickland
 player, 168 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 9 Jan 2011
at 21:07
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The 'troopers should be fine in their armour suits.  I hope those of us in sealed areas (engine room, cockpit, cabins) will last a bit longer, especially if they are blast door sealed.
Agial'ili
 player, 240 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 9 Jan 2011
at 21:55
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
With her dataslate in her hand she followed the lines that Strickland was reporting. Jutting them down on the things that should have been there. It was not the fastest of progress and they both needed to be calm and patient but she was starting to understand what was going on.

"Al'right mr Strickland, here is what I want you to do. Follow that blue cable to the Grey box with the flashing lights you see. that will be the power convertor, now tweak that nob you see to the....."

OOC: 22:51, Today: Agial'ili rolled 25 using 5 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 2,2,3,3,{Wild}6(+6+3). starship repair through Proxy.
Harry Selous
 player, 132 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 9 Jan 2011
at 21:58
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Just relax and go back inside, Bola." Harry says, trying to keep things from escalating, "If we need you I'll knock."

As he spoke he kept his eyes on the storm troopers.

"Yes it was!" He shouted down to the cargo hold, "Nobody's hurt. Just stay calm down there and try not to use the last of our oxygen! We're going to need it to get you all back to your army!"

Finally he spoke to the storm troopers that were standing nearby directly, "Look, just go back in to the hold. We need to calm down if we want to not suffocate in a tin can in the middle of nowhere space, so please, lets just let this go and relax."


OOC- let me know if any of that needs a roll... If it does, hopefully I won't fail it as badly as all the other ones I've tried to roll recently.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 247 posts
Wed 12 Jan 2011
at 03:30
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Rebels!?" balks Roice, thinking fast.  He stands and puts his palms up toward the Lieutenant.  "After what I just told you, you think we're rebels?"

He goes to the closed bridge bulkhead.  "Please, sir," he says with a smile.  "Have a little faith."  He opens the door and looks out into the ship.
Arbiter
 GM, 515 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 12 Jan 2011
at 16:28
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice, Haskel, Selous: Roice pokes his head out the bridge hatch to see the other two in a stand-off with 7 Stormtroopers.

Bola makes a disgusted sound and mutters about never getting to have any fun, then shuts his door and locks it.

"You better just hand him over," the lead 'Trooper says to Selous, indicating Haskel.  "He's assaulted Imperial soldiers.  Most places, that would be a death sentence.  But since we're here thanks to you people, we'll let him get away with a beating to remind him not to mess with the Legion again.  I'd say it's a fair trade."

Strickland and Aggie: Aggie's instructions allow Strickland to make some sense of what he's looking at.  Eventually, he manages to trace a power trunk back to a series of connections and, sure enough, there are some traces of carbon around the leads.
Harry Selous
 player, 133 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 12 Jan 2011
at 16:34
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"What do ya think Garret?" Harry said, glancing over at Haskel out of the corner of his eye, "Take a beating for the team? Maybe we can convince them not to break any bones."

Haskel wouldn't be able to tell if Harry was joking or not. Harry focused back on the troopers.

"You guys think you could try not to break his bones? We've already got enough injured crew members as it is."
Arbiter
 GM, 516 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 12 Jan 2011
at 16:53
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Oh, you'll get him back in one piece," the 'Trooper replies snidely, a couple of his cohorts elbowing each other and chuckling.
Garret Haskel
 player, 342 posts
Wed 12 Jan 2011
at 16:56
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"This whole thing happened because Bola was being belligerent. One of those troopers threw the first punch when I moved to block the entry to the hold."

Garret backed further way until Harry was between him and the 7 troops.
Harry Selous
 player, 134 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 12 Jan 2011
at 17:09
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Well, maybe you shouldn't have punched him after you blocked his punch." Harry shrugged, but still keeping his blaster pointed in the general vicinity of the storm troopers, "And we both know Bola isn't gonna take the hit for this. Not without trying to kill some of them anyway, and then we're all screwed cause they'd kill all of us for being associated with him."

Harry rolled his neck and sighed, "Besides, you got any other ideas of how to settle this? They do have a point about not killing you."
Arbiter
 GM, 518 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 14 Jan 2011
at 20:33
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Enough of this!" Jensen snaps in irritation, pushing past Haskel and Selous.  "Trooper, stand down.  This is neither the time nor the place.  There's barely enough air in here to breathe as it is, I don't need my men sucking away the last of the oxygen by starting a 'who has the bigger bantha' contest.  I thought you clones were conditioned better than this," the officer sniffs disdainfully.  "But I see you're simply more useless Clone War surplus."

The lead Stormtropper stiffens and bristles visibly at Jensen's jibe, but doesn't talk back.

"What?" Jensen sneers, seeing the soldier react, "You want to say something?  Perhaps teach me to watch what I say?  Well," he rubs the officer's patch on his chest, "It's nice to see some portion of your conditioning remains intact.  Now," he bellows, "Do as your told, Trooper, and resume your post!"

The tension in the air thickens as quickly as the oxygen level is depleting, but finally, after several long, silent seconds, the lead 'Trooper salutes Jensen rigidly and turns on his heel, stomping back down the stairs to the hold.  The others follow him without comment.

Jensen turns to face the crew, "I apologize for the unprofessional behavior of my men.  This patrol route isn't high priority and I'm afraid they've been sending us the dregs of the genepool, if you catch my meaning.  However," he cautions Roice while looking pointedly at Haskel and Selous, "It might be in your best interest, Captain, to order your men to stay clear of mine for the remainder of our trip.  We wouldn't want any more incidents marring our rapport, now would we?"

It's now cold enough on the ship that Jensen's words are punctuated by wisps of vapor as he speaks.
Garret Haskel
 player, 346 posts
Fri 14 Jan 2011
at 21:03
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"I wasn't aware that the Empire used clones still. I'll let someone else keep an eye on them until this trip is done."

Garret went back to his quarters, already tired of dealing with the stormtroopers.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 170 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 14 Jan 2011
at 21:18
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili:
"Al'right mr Strickland, here is what I want you to do. Follow that blue cable to the Grey box with the flashing lights you see. that will be the power convertor, now tweak that nob you see to the....."

OOC: 22:51, Today: Agial'ili rolled 25 using 5 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 2,2,3,3,{Wild}6(+6+3). starship repair through Proxy.

Sparks complies with the instructions.
21:17, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 16 using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,6,5,{Wild}4. Fault Finding?.
Arbiter
 GM, 520 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 14 Jan 2011
at 21:28
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Strickland and Aggie: Strickland examines the burned leads and is relieved to find that they're only singed, not melted.  A quick scouring with some steel wool (YES, THEY HAVE THIS IN THE FUTURE/PAST!) should clear the leads well enough to get power back to the life support systems.

OOC: Strickland, make a Technical roll to get it fixed.  I'll just assume Aggie hands you the necessary tool for the job.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 173 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 14 Jan 2011
at 22:16
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Confident they had found the problem, Sparks disconnected the offending leads and scrubbed the carbon scoring away, revealiing the bright copper underneath.
21:50, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 25 using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,{Wild}6(+4),6,3. Technical +1D.

Old school was still cuttin' it.  Aggie was good, for a girl.  A repair droid might never have found this oxidised joint.  He quickly double checked the surrounding cables for further burn damage, before finishing up.

That should do it luv.  Nice work.
Agial'ili
 player, 242 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 14 Jan 2011
at 23:19
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Well done mr. Strickland. It seems that things are working again. I know who to ask for the next hard Technical job."

She looked towards the hard working Repair Droid, keeping her pocketcomp ready for translation.
"How do the other systems hold up Q7? Anything else that needs to be seen to immediately?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 30 posts
 Beedle boop!
Fri 14 Jan 2011
at 23:26
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Doesn't look like it, Legs," the astromech replies through his improvised speaker.  "Soon as what's-his-name there seals the relays back up and gets out of there, you can restart the system and see if it'll hold."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 174 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 14 Jan 2011
at 23:51
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks returns all the contacts to normal, gets out the crawlway and seals the hatch.

[comlink] Comm's to Bridge, repairs have been made and life support is being tested now.  Do you need me on the bridge? Engine room standing by.
Harry Selous
 player, 136 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 15 Jan 2011
at 01:05
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
HArry lowered the blaster as the troopers headed back down in to the hold and leaned against the wall, breathing a sigh of relief.

"That could have turned out very poorly. I think we should take the officer's suggestion and maybe try not to poke the sleeping Kryat with a sharp stick." He said, watching as Garret headed back to his quarters and looking around to make sure Bola was inside.

Harry and flown with a lot of crews in his time, safari groups or otherwise, and he had to say, he wasn't sure how he'd somehow become the rational one.
Agial'ili
 player, 243 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 15 Jan 2011
at 08:46
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
She waited for Timothy to leave the hatch before saying: "Lets hope that your repair holds mr Strickland". Then she gingerly activated the life control again, hoping that nothing else would blow out when she did so.
Arbiter
 GM, 522 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 17 Jan 2011
at 17:22
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
To everyone's relief, there's a click and a soft hum that fills the ship as the lights come back on and the air scrubbers start diligently working on the foul, stale air.  It's still quite chilly on board, but the heaters are working overtime blasting hot air from the vents to try and bring the temperature back up.

Down in the hold, several of the naval officers utter cheers and praises to the repair crew.

Chatterbox reports that the rendezvous will be reached in approximately one hour.
Agial'ili
 player, 244 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 17 Jan 2011
at 23:33
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
She flashed Timothy a big grin. "Seems like that did the trick. But I will breathe more easier once we dock at the rendezvous point."
Arbiter
 GM, 523 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 19 Jan 2011
at 00:46
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
With the crew keeping to themselves and the Imperials staying in the hold, the remaining hour passes without further incident.  At the appointed coordinates, Roice brings the ship out of hyperspace.

A short flight at sublight brings into view another conspicuous sign of Imperial presence and power.  A huge, sprawling space dock, with two Star Destroyers (they look to be the two you left earlier at the checkpoint) docked and several smaller craft orbiting, hangs in deep space.

"Hey, folks!" Chatterbox chirps, "Gettin' a signal from the station!"

He patches through the stern message broadcast from the space dock.  "Unidentified ship, you are ordered to stop all engines and prepare to be boarded.  Proceed further and you will be fired upon."

"Allow me," Jensen says, picking up a headset and activating the comm.  "This is Commander Jensen of the VIC Stalwart.  Security code Alpha-4-5-3-T.  Ship is non-hostile, carrying survivors from a Rebel sneak attack.  Captain Bett of the Broadsword will confirm this."

A moment passes, then a second voice says, "This is Bett.  Confirmed.  Glad you made it Jensen."

Another moment, then from the space dock: "Very well.  Authentication confirmed.  Ship, you are clear to dock in bay 47."

Jensen removes the headset, "Once again, Captain, I'd like to thank you for your timely rescue.  I'll make note of you and your ship's service to the Empire in my official report." He nods curtly to Roice and leaves the bridge, returning to the hold with the rest of his men.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 248 posts
Wed 19 Jan 2011
at 03:54
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"No worries, Lieutenant.  Best of luck to you."

He stands on the catwalk and watches the troopers and crewmen line up.


"Oh, Lieutenant...  About our repairs...?"

This message was last edited by the player at 03:56, Wed 19 Jan 2011.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 175 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 19 Jan 2011
at 09:17
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice Delfinn:
"No worries, Lieutenant.  Best of luck to you."

He stands on the catwalk and watches the troopers and crewmen line up.



"Oh, Lieutenant...  About our repairs...?"

And those medical supplies... retorts Sparks,who has returned to the bridge to bid farewell to our guests.
Arbiter
 GM, 524 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 19 Jan 2011
at 16:47
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Jensen takes a moment to look over Strickland's data.  "Thank you, that will be very useful.  Transfer it to a datadisc and I'll take it with me."

On his way out he replies to Roice and Strickland's requests with a simple, "I will see that you are taken care of.  Loyal citizens of the Empire are hard to come by these days."
Harry Selous
 player, 137 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 19 Jan 2011
at 20:29
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry stood beside Roice on the catwalk and spoke just loud enough for his captain to hear him, "I really hate that phrase. 'Taken care of' could mean anything from giving us a star destroyer to blowing us out an air lock."

He grunted disapproval and gripped his blaster a little tighter. If the empire did intend to kill them, he'd take a few with him.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 176 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 19 Jan 2011
at 20:49
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Arbiter:
Jensen takes a moment to look over Strickland's data.  "Thank you, that will be very useful.  Transfer it to a datadisc and I'll take it with me."

Sparks quickly uploads his sensor readings onto the Commanders data stick,
putting it in Jensen's hand before he leaves.
Happy hunting Commander delivers Sparks in a dead-pan way.
Agial'ili
 player, 245 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 19 Jan 2011
at 21:10
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The last hour she had spend in trying to get a good idea which parts of the ship were in desperate need of repair. Which components needed to be replaced and such. Knowing that once she opened up the panels, more surprises would emerge quickly. In old ships like this, surprises always happened when you started to look for them.
Garret Haskel
 player, 347 posts
Thu 20 Jan 2011
at 01:03
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret came out of his quarters when the ship landed to let off the imperials they had rescued; this time armed with the antique blaster rifle (set to stun) in case some of those stormtroopers were too eager for round two.
Arbiter
 GM, 525 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 20 Jan 2011
at 16:16
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret Haskel:
Garret came out of his quarters when the ship landed to let off the imperials they had rescued; this time armed with the antique blaster rifle (set to stun) in case some of those stormtroopers were too eager for round two.

You search for the old droid rifle, but can't seem to find it anywhere.
Garret Haskel
 player, 348 posts
Thu 20 Jan 2011
at 22:32
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
OOC: Same action, but he stays further back to avoid anymore trouble.
Arbiter
 GM, 526 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 20 Jan 2011
at 22:54
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Once the ramp opens the Imperials begin filing out of the ship, the Stormtroopers in rigid, marching cadence, the naval officers in a less orderly group.  Several of the naval men offer a small nod or smile of thanks to the crew as they pass by.

As soon as the troops are off the ship, a gaggle of men in workers coveralls scurry up the ramp and spread out through the hold.  One of them, apparently the guy in charge if mustache size is any indication, looks up at the group of you on the gangplank and says, "Yeah, I got a work request for a refuel and refurb on this YV-100.  Which one of you is the captain?"
Agial'ili
 player, 246 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 20 Jan 2011
at 23:20
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
She saw the troopers leaving and opened the hatch to the engineering section. Curious to see what is going to happen next.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 249 posts
Fri 21 Jan 2011
at 01:45
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"That would be me."  He descends the catwalk steps quickly and makes his way to the exit ramp.

"Mister Strickland and Chief Engineer Agial'ili will assist and shadow you, technician.  Anything to make your work easier."

He walks down to the bottom of the ramp and calls after Jensen.  "Lieutenant...  You and your men are welcome aboard our ship, any time..."
Arbiter
 GM, 527 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 23 Jan 2011
at 20:46
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Jensen offers Roice a quick salute, then the Imperial refugees are gone.

The workmen make quick work of their duties inside the ship.  There's not a lot to do, as the foreman notes, complimenting whoever's been maintaining the ship.  Externally, however, the ship needs some work.  The busted fuel line is replaced and a few holes in the ship's hull patched, all in remarkably short and efficient order.

The work is rounded off by a full refueling of the ship, topping off it's nearly empty tanks.

A medical officer comes on board during the work and takes a look at Aggie and Haskel.  As befitting an Imperial medic, he doesn't waste a lot of time looking over the Twi'lek, but does give her a dose of pain killers and calls for an assistant, who brings a splint with him.  The two men set and stabilize her leg, leaving her with a pair of crutches and an admonishment to take it easy on the limb until she can get proper medical care for it.  Haskel is pronounced fine, just battered and will make a full recovery with rest or a session in a bacta tank.

And in a matter of a couple of hours, the entire job is done and all Imperial personnel are off the ship.

The Sun Tracker is given clearance to depart, along with praise for the crew's "good deed".
Roice Delfinn
 player, 250 posts
Sun 23 Jan 2011
at 21:05
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
(OOC: Did the speaker get repaired? =D)
Agial'ili
 player, 247 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 23 Jan 2011
at 21:12
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
OOC: So Agia is still confined to crutches and all that? She won't be doing much good in helping out. Sigh. Damn Imperials and their prejudices.
Arbiter
 GM, 529 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 23 Jan 2011
at 21:15
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Yes, the speaker wiring was replaced.  Sorry, Aggie, but you're still hobbling.  At least now you're able to get around under your own power and aren't going to pass out from pain if you bang your leg against something.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 251 posts
Sun 23 Jan 2011
at 23:41
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice settles into the pilot's chair.  "C-Box, Q7, let's get her warmed.  All hands, report in--we're about to button up."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 177 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 23 Jan 2011
at 23:54
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
I hope it goes without saying (as I forgot) to say that Sparks will NOT allow any techs to use his comm's stations AT ALL.  He will be on hand for whatever needs to be done on it.
Harry Selous
 player, 138 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 24 Jan 2011
at 00:29
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry walks back to the bridge, where he takes a seat and waits, blaster still in hand. They were almost done with the job. All they had to do was get out of the imperial area and drop off the goods. He smiled.
Agial'ili
 player, 248 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 24 Jan 2011
at 22:48
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili hobbled back to engineering. Glad to be able to move around in a fashion. Perhaps those imperials were not that bad after all. They had splinted her leg and even gave her crutches!

But she was not so sure about their repair crew, preferring to eyeball their repairs herself. You never know.
Arbiter
 GM, 530 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 25 Jan 2011
at 20:59
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The repair crew was quick, efficient, and professional.  There was no need to fiddle with Strickland's comm board and Aggie doesn't find obvious fault with their repair work.  It seems that, for once, nobody is getting the short end of the stick.

Roice starts the engines and seals the ship.  He's given the all-clear by the flight controller and takes off, leaving the Imperial depot behind.

Q7, plugged back in at the co-pilot station, feeds revised coordinates to the nav-computer and in short order, the Sun Tracker launches back into hyperspace.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 178 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 25 Jan 2011
at 21:41
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks slumps down in the extra bridge chair and exhails deeply.

"Captain, now might be a good time for a team meeting? To evaluate what the frak just happened!"
Harry Selous
 player, 139 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 25 Jan 2011
at 22:05
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"I'm still waiting for the 'but' part of this deal with the imperials... like a tracking device, or a bomb or something." Harry muttered from his seat in the bridge where Sparks had suggested a discussion of the events that appeared to be over.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 179 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 25 Jan 2011
at 22:16
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry Selous:
"I'm still waiting for the 'but' part of this deal with the imperials... like a tracking device, or a bomb or something."

I think we got away with it, despite Dumb and Dumber trying to kill us all.
Agial'ili
 player, 249 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 25 Jan 2011
at 23:20
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'olo did not say much. Glad to be relieved from the pain and sure in the knowledge that with time her leg would probably heal thanks to proper medical attention.

"Captain if it is alright with you. I'll withdraw to my cabin to give my leg the rest it needs to heal"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 252 posts
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 02:31
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Sorry Aggie, but hold that thought," says Roice over the intercom.  "I want everybody on deck for a few minutes."

He slowly and deliberately pilots the Tracker out of the bay and says.

"Load it in, Q7."  He brings up the navicomputer and passes off control to the droid.  "Everyone will get some much-needed rest shortly, but there's something I want to deal with first.  Say when, Q7."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 31 posts
 Beedle boop!
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 18:18
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"When," the droid replies, only mildly sarcastic.
Garret Haskel
 player, 349 posts
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 19:44
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret walked onto the bridge in time to hear Strickland's comment.

"I thought I had made it clear the storm trooper had started that fight. Besides, if I hadn't intervened our Gungan pal would have started blasting the storm troopers."
Chatterbox
 NPC, 22 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 19:52
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Not that I would ever advocate a violent resolution, what with it not being in my programming and all that.  But," Chatterbox offers, "hindsight being 20/20 and all that, if you'd just let the Gungan do his thing and stayed out of it, a particularly nasty problem with a switch that shuts down the ship would've been handled for us...  Just food for thought should we pick up another boatload of Stormtroopers in the near future..."
Garret Haskel
 player, 350 posts
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 20:02
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Imperial Stormtroopers aren't the only trigger happy idiots serving the Empire. Forgiveness is not one of the virtues of the Imperial Navy. If any of the imperial troops had died we would have been killed for either being traitors or rebels."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 253 posts
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 21:09
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice throttles into hyperspace.

"If any of the Imperial troops had died," he says matter of factly, "I would have immediately vented the entire cargo bay to space, then sold the Lieutenant to the highest bidder."

At the end of the sentence, he throttles back into realspace and gently turns the ship in a 180, then cuts the sublights.  "Q7, keep that heading, but recalculate for our current position.  Sparks, throw up as loud a jamming curtain as you can muster.  If they planted a listening or tracking device, I want it fuzzed out...  We're still close enough they could send something to deal with us, quickly."

He looks to Haskel.  "So get to the turret, and keep your eyes peeled.  If anything pops out of hyperspace, you start shouting."

He stands.  "C-Box and Q7, and everybody else, we're giving the Tracker a thorough once-over.  We're not moving from this spot until I'm confident that those Imp techs didn't leave any unwanted hardware on board.  We clear?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 181 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 21:14
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret Haskel:
"I thought I had made it clear the storm trooper had started that fight. Besides, if I hadn't intervened our Gungan pal would have started blasting the storm troopers."

You haven't seen Sparks angry before, but he is angry now, suddenly and violently angry!
The Gungan is NOT my pal!  Sparks almost touches noses with Haskel.
TWICE he has nearly got us all killed. If YOU hadn't intervened he'd be dead by now.  And CBox is right, we'd also have the kill switch.

Without moving Sparks goes very silent, staring out Haskel...
Captain, how do I get out this chicken @&*%* outfit!
Garret Haskel
 player, 351 posts
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 21:23
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"It's a figure of speech Strickland. Don't be so touchy."

Garret takes a step back and then turns around and to go to the turret. "We can finish this later if you want."

He climbs up the ladder and straps in while brings the system up to standby so he can bring it up to full power quickly if something else ambushes them. He activates the screen so that he can watch it for contacts. He also visually scans the space for ion tails.
Harry Selous
 player, 141 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 21:41
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry smiles as Strickland explodes. Up until now, he'd thought the man to be pretty mild mannered.

"Good. Glad we're making sure they didn't try to screw us over." He thinks for a second before continuing, "Hey, any idea how to find those things? Ship maintenance isn't really my thing."
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 35 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 21:43
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Yoosa gettin' out by doin' what yoosa told and payin' back 'da Boss..." Bola smirks from the open bridge hatch.

There's no indication if he's taken offense at all this talk of his vicious murder at the hand of Stormtroopers, or just how much of it he overheard.
Agial'ili
 player, 250 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 22:36
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
With a sigh, she hobbled back to engineering. "Okay Q7, the captain asked us to find any tracking system. Lets look for one shall we? This time though, you move into the tiny spaces"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 182 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 23:02
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Aye, aye Captain."  Sparks remains still for several seconds, watching Haskel retreat, a nervous twitch the only indication of emotion.

"There is no tracker made that I can't detect.  With CBox, it'll only take me a matter of hours."

Sparks resumes his station and gets on with his work.
Harry Selous
 player, 142 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 27 Jan 2011
at 00:21
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"I guess I'll check the cargo hold. Look around for any loose stuff." Harry said with a shrug before standing and heading for the cargo hold.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 254 posts
Thu 27 Jan 2011
at 00:32
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice nods at Sparks.  "It's not that I don't trust the good Lieutenant, but well, you know, I don't trust him.  I'm gonna go start searching bulkheads."

Roice leaves the bridge and starts scanning nooks and crannies.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 183 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Thu 27 Jan 2011
at 12:07
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice Delfinn:
Roice nods at Sparks.  "It's not that I don't trust the good Lieutenant, but well, you know, I don't trust him.  I'm gonna go start searching bulkheads."

Commander Jensen, like most Imp's, don't like owing anyone anything.  This is just their way of clearing their debts.  We can't expect any preferencial treatment in the future either.

Sparks plugs in his headset, switching to private comms with CBox
Right Cbox, I'm typing some bandwidth frequencies into your interface buffer.  I want these frequencies continuesly scanned for the next 48 hours.  If these a tracker on this ship there's a 99.997% chance that it will emit within this bandwidth during that time. 
11:58, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 10 (16 excluding the wild die) using 6 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 2,5,2,5,{Wild}1,1. Comm's.
Arbiter
 GM, 534 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 28 Jan 2011
at 00:49
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Bola sneers and shakes his head as the crew starts searching the ship.  He slumps back to his cabin and closes the door behind him.

PMs
Timothy Strickland
 player, 184 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 28 Jan 2011
at 01:29
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The now familier noise of keyboard tapping, osciloscope pinging, and Cbox chattering could be heard from the bridge....
Garret Haskel
 player, 352 posts
Fri 28 Jan 2011
at 01:36
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret ignored Q7 as it moved along the hull of the ship and continued to keep on eye on local space and the point where they dropped from hyperspace.
Agial'ili
 player, 251 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 28 Jan 2011
at 17:59
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Since everything looked clear it was time to report to the bridge: "So far I have found no problems. But if they really wanted to bug us, they would probably do so from the outer hull. Q7 is checking outside for bugs and the repairs the crew made."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 255 posts
Fri 28 Jan 2011
at 18:12
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock


Roice toggles an intercom terminal.  "Thanks Aggie.  I'm beginning to think our only hope in finding if they left anything behind is going to be detecting it's signal, copy Sparks?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 186 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 28 Jan 2011
at 19:53
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice Delfinn:
Roice toggles an intercom terminal.  "Thanks Aggie.  I'm beginning to think our only hope in finding if they left anything behind is going to be detecting it's signal, copy Sparks?"

Negative on a tracker so far Captain.  We're clean.  I'll start a double check.
Arbiter
 GM, 538 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 28 Jan 2011
at 22:31
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Q7 returns after a while, having turned up nothing in his search of the hull.  So far, nobody's managed to turn up any sign that the Imps have planted anything in or on the ship.
Agial'ili
 player, 253 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 28 Jan 2011
at 23:51
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
With nothing much better to do then to watch the dials and diagnostics, she spend a lot of time watching them. Then she spotted the anomaly. A small leak of the power flux. There was something wrong with her ship. Sure the amount of power was minute, but it should not have been there. It meant that some system was not working as it should, which could mean that sooner or later something else would blow up.

So, she started to trace the powerlines. Checking from system to system. It was a time consuming process, but she had the time.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 190 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 00:17
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks absent mindedly cycles through his comms board, almost pressing buttons at random...
Arbiter
 GM, 541 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 00:27
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
PMs (oh so many secrets!)
Agial'ili
 player, 254 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 21:15
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
She waited a bit and then saw the spark she had been expecting. Just sloppy work, no harm here. But she decided that once the ship was at rest she would rewire the thing. Closing the panels she hobbled back to a comfortable seating place.

"Everything checks out alright here. I cannot find any trace of tampering here".
Garret Haskel
 player, 355 posts
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 22:45
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"No contacts to report. All is quiet out there.
Arbiter
 GM, 542 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 30 Jan 2011
at 17:51
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
PM
Arbiter
 GM, 544 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 30 Jan 2011
at 18:41
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice: You poke around the lounge more thoroughly, but nothing out of the ordinary shows itself.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 191 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 30 Jan 2011
at 18:45
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Captain, I should have some time later.  I could make a start on Forem if you like?
Harry Selous
 player, 151 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 30 Jan 2011
at 18:46
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
After closing the hatch, Harry headed up the stairs to the quarters, Looking for anyone to ask his question. Anyone that bumped in to him could see a big smile on his face. He clearly had some plans.

"Anybody know where the leftovers from those med kits are? I need to grab the sleeping pills. Pronto." He said when he entered the bridge. If none of the crew knew, then maybe chatterbox did.

"Oh, and do we have any loose lengths of wire or rope?" He added as an afterthought.
Arbiter
 GM, 545 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 30 Jan 2011
at 20:23
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Selous: Strickland's the only one on the bridge and it looks like he's busy.  Try poking him with a stick.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 192 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 30 Jan 2011
at 21:39
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks does not expect Selous to be so 'chatty'.  Distacted out of his boredom, Sparks summons a response.
Err, I think Haskel had the med-kits.  And the only spares I'm aware of are called 'Forem'!
Harry Selous
 player, 152 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 30 Jan 2011
at 21:49
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry nodded and moved off quickly through the ship. There was no telling how much that thing would eat in a short time period, and it would be nice to not have all their food gone by the time he got the sedatives.

"Haskel?" He shouted as he made his way through the ship, wondering where everyone was, "Haskel, you got the left overs from the med kits?"
Chatterbox
 NPC, 23 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Sun 30 Jan 2011
at 22:19
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"I'm pretty sure there's plenty of wire and what-not in the engine room," Chatterbox offers over the internal speakers as Selous goes looking for Haskel.  "Miss Agial'ili is in there and probably knows where it's all kept."
Harry Selous
 player, 153 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sun 30 Jan 2011
at 23:55
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Great Chatterbox. See if you can find Haskel for me. I'll go to the engine room to look for agial'ili." Harry said, glancing up as Chatterbox spoke through the speakers.

He made his way to the engine room where he hoped to find Agial'ili, "Hey, you wouldn't happen to have any loose lengths of wire or rope would you?" He asked when he found her, "I've got something that needs... tying up." He said.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 256 posts
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 00:02
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice goes to the table of leftover junk from the gravity shenanigans from earlier, and pieces through the pile.  "Selous," he shouts.  "Medkit remains here."

He squints at the packs.  "What exactly do you need these for?"
Harry Selous
 player, 154 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 00:34
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry smiles brightly, "What I need from them is the sedatives. Sleeping pills, that sort of thing. What I need them for, well, I got a pet... sort of." He shouts back to the captain.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 257 posts
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 01:26
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice blinks and says numbly, "You got what now?"
Harry Selous
 player, 155 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 01:45
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"A pet. You know, a love able animal that follows you around loyally? Like a dog or a cat, only this one's got nasty teeth, a mean disposition, and a hunger for as much of just about anything he can fit in his mouth. I think I'm gonna call him Chomper." Harry says, chuckling.

Harry hardly ever seems actually happy, but right now that's the only word that can describe him.

"Anyway, I need sedatives to knock him out so I can patch up his leg, and wire or rope to make a leash. Then I figure he'll stay in one of the empty crew compartments." He says, outlining his plan, "And if it doesn't take kindly to being owned, I can always shoot it." He adds the last part with a little less enthusiasm, but his desire to have a pet doesn't change his views on things. In all likely hood, the plan wouldn't work, or the captain wouldn't allow it, and if it came to that, well, they couldn't just let the animal run loose on the ship.
Agial'ili
 player, 255 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 07:58
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili looked a bit surprised at the suggestion. "Well, we do have spare wiring and such but in the yellow locker there are ropes, chains and bands to secure the cargo with. Depends on what you need. I also got strips of RancorTape and wire slip plasticele to tidy up wires." She vaguely gestured towards the locker in question, trying to hide her curiosity.


Advertisement:
RancorTapetm, when you need to secure things that even the mighty Ducks can't hold.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:01, Mon 31 Jan 2011.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 193 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 09:33
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili:
Advertisement:
RancorTapetm, when you need to secure things that even the mighty Ducks can't hold.

Arhhhh, Duct Tape, yes, uhhmm.
A light side has it,
a dark side has it,
binds the universe together it does.
Celeberity Endorsement by Jedi Grand Master Joda.

Harry Selous
 player, 156 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 14:08
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Thanks." Harry said to the mechanic before tearing in to the yellow locker. He grabbed chains and bands to secure them with, since a) chains looked scarier then rope when they were wrapped around a snarling animal's neck, and b) it'd be harder for Chomper to chew through them.

He headed off quickly to get the sedatives from Roice.

"When I get him knocked out and patched up, you can all have a look at him." Harry said, his hand extended to the captain in order to get the sedatives. He wondered if the captain would have a problem with an animal on the ship.
Arbiter
 GM, 548 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 2 Feb 2011
at 22:37
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Selous gets the sedatives from Roice.

OOC: Moving thing's along...
Harry Selous
 player, 158 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 3 Feb 2011
at 04:33
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry went back to where the animal was. It was time to see if he was as good at controlling animals as he was with killing them.
Harry Selous
 player, 159 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 4 Feb 2011
at 18:12
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry left the room he had been milling about in, only this time, he was carrying a passed out sand slasher with a bandage wrapped around one leg, and a chain looped around his neck.

"Everybody, this is Chomper" He called, heading for the the quarters.

He opened his room and began to enter, looking to see if there was anything to tie the other end of the chain to.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:40, Fri 04 Feb 2011.

Arbiter
 GM, 549 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 4 Feb 2011
at 18:22
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Selous: You secure the chain to the leg of the bunk.  There's not much in the spare quarters except the rolled up bedding, so not much to worry about getting chewed up should Chomper feel a bit "frisky" upon waking.
Harry Selous
 player, 161 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 4 Feb 2011
at 18:40
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry leaves, closes the opening to the room, and heads up to the bridge, where he takes a seat.

"So Sparks, hows the other checks goin? Anybody found anything?" He asked.
Agial'ili
 player, 258 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 4 Feb 2011
at 23:25
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Erm hi chomper", he said as she made sure to keep her distance from the vicious beast. "So, how did you manage to capture it?"
Harry Selous
 player, 163 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 4 Feb 2011
at 23:50
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry chuckles a bit before he replies, "Capture isn't really the word for it. I think he got stuck on board after Strickland's crazy moves back on that spice planet. I just stuck some of the sleeping pills in a bit of the MREs he was chowin down on, and he passed out."

He scratched his chin, "I'm gonna need something to make bandages out of, like more strips of cloth from any extra clothes we've got, but other then that, we'll see how he feels when he wakes up. If I can't get him to relax a little, then I'll put him down, but having a little extra security on board and on our trips planet side might be nice."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 196 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 6 Feb 2011
at 20:14
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry Selous:
Harry leaves, closes the opening to the room, and heads up to the bridge, where he takes a seat.

"So Sparks, hows the other checks goin? Anybody found anything?" He asked.


All clean.  No trackers, no transponders.  I need a portable spectrum ananlyser to cover the final 0.002% of possibilities, but that can wait.


I have to see legs about the 'kill switch'.  I have an idead.  Oh and by the way, if that 'dog' messes with me I'll kill it.  No offence.  Sparks squeezes out a thin humurless smile.

Sparks leaves to find Agail'ili in engineering.
Agial'ili
 player, 259 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 6 Feb 2011
at 20:48
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Still looking at the nasty critter from the entrance of the engine room, Agial'ili shook her head in amazement wondering why anybody would want such a pet. Then she noticed Timothy.

"Hello mr Strickland, can I do something for you?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 197 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 6 Feb 2011
at 22:33
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili:
"Hello mr Strickland, can I do something for you?"


I'm trying to tune into my favourite holonet channel, and I'm getting this intermittant electrical interference which is ruining my picture!  My scans show that it's coming from in here somewhere!  Have you been messing about with stuff again!  I'm going for a root around to fix it!
Chatterbox
 NPC, 24 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Mon 7 Feb 2011
at 17:23
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Hey, everybody, just thought I'd pass along the good news!" Chatterbox chirps through the newly-repaired speaker system.  "According to Q7's estimates, we should reach our destination in about a day!  Nothing like a full tank of fuel and zipping along main hyperspace lanes to cut out extraneous travel time, huh?"
Agial'ili
 player, 260 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 7 Feb 2011
at 23:27
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili looked completely baffled by Timothy's remark. They had just made sure that the transport could reach it's destination. The idea of messing with the delicate interior for a soap show was something that she could not understand in the least.

So her eyes grew wide in alarm as she said: "Mr. Strickland, the ship is just hyperspace capable again. Could this not wait until we make a successful landing? I rather not mess around with things right now/ Who knows what might burn out next!"

Timothy Strickland
 player, 198 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 00:10
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili:
"Mr. Strickland, the ship is just hyperspace capable again. Could this not wait until we make a successful landing? I rather not mess around with things right now/ Who knows what might burn out next!"


Sparks pops the panel, cocks an ear and shushes Agail'ili with a finger on the lips.
"Ssshhh.  Listen..."
Arbiter
 GM, 552 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 00:15
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
There's silence in the room for a moment, then a slight, electrical "Pop" as the unshielded wire discharges.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 199 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 00:56
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Arbiter:
There's silence in the room for a moment, then a slight, electrical "Pop" as the unshielded wire discharges.

That's it!  That's it!
Sparks reaches in and fixes the problem quickly.
"Gotcha you little blighter!"  He waits again for a few minutes in silence.  If nothing happens, he'll put the panel back and stomp back to the bridge.
Arbiter
 GM, 553 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 01:59
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The wire sits silently, making no further attempts to disrupt Strickland's "stories".  Although it does bend in a mildly accusing manner, perhaps resenting its rough treatment at his hands.
Agial'ili
 player, 261 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 20:54
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili shook her head in amazement. The man had not even taken the slightest precaution. The wire could have been part of an important system or it could have a lethal current running through it. However she bit her tongue and refrained from commenting the foolish behavior. All this for a silly holo net show?
Roice Delfinn
 player, 258 posts
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 02:11
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Lock it in and let's fire it up, boys," says Roice to the droids.  "Unless you need me to babysit the board, I'm going to get some sleep.  Hopefully when I wake up the circus will have moved on and taken all the wild animals with it."
Harry Selous
 player, 164 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 11:20
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Sleep sounds like a plan." Harry said, standing from his seat on the bridge and heading for his bunk. When he got inside, he'd check on Chomper, see if the bandage needed to be changed yet, and then head to sleep, sleeping on the top bunk rather then the bottom on, just to ensure that he was out of reach of the Sand Slasher.
Agial'ili
 player, 262 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 20:44
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Captain, who is going to be in control while we sleep?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 32 posts
 Beedle boop!
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 20:47
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"What am I, chopped Rancor?" Q7 replies over the speaker, while physically blowing a Binary raspberry.  "You folks get some rest, I'll make sure we don't fly through a supernova or somethin'..."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 200 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 20:55
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Q7-P10:
"What am I, chopped Rancor?" Q7 replies over the speaker, while physically blowing a Binary raspberry.  "You folks get some rest, I'll make sure we don't fly through a supernova or somethin'..."

Women eh?  Can't live with 'em.  Can't kill 'em (and get away with it)!
Sparks turns in for some shut-eye.
Agial'ili
 player, 263 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 21:48
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Sorry Q7, I guess I turn in as well. I need a lot of rest for my injury to heal properly"

With the crutches she hobbled to her bunk to get sleep and rest. But she made sure to fasten the acceleration webbings. If for some reason the ship was tossed around again, she had no intention of breaking more bones.
Garret Haskel
 player, 358 posts
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 21:51
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret was half-slouched and asleep in the chair he'd put at the bottom of the ladder to the turret.
Arbiter
 GM, 556 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 18 Feb 2011
at 17:57
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
It's been a long couple of days, and the exhausted crew sinks gratefully into slumber while Q7 and Chatterbox ensure that the ship reaches its destination without further incident.  Oddly, the return trip is completely uneventful.  You've all gotten so used to random interruptions that it's almost unsettling to have such a long, unbroken period without chaos, mayhem, or drama.

Although Selous' new pal does nearly gnaw through the bunk leg it's tied to, shreds the bedding it can reach and deposits a large, steaming "present" for him in the corner...  Ah, life with a pet...

Chatterbox wakes you all while the ship is still in Hyperspace, but only a couple of hours out from the coordinates provided by Bola.  It's enough time for everyone to hit the 'Fresher and grab something to eat--not that there's much left after Chomper went through the food supply earlier.

Bola comes out of his cabin and mutters something caustic about the ship reeking of Imps and slouches into his accustomed seat on the bridge as Roice brings the ship back to normal space.  Those of you on the bridge are greeted by the disheartening view of black, empty space.  There's no sign of another ship, a planet, a moon, or even a space station.  Q7 reports that the coordinates are accurate and Bola insists that he didn't give the navicomp the wrong numbers.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 259 posts
Fri 18 Feb 2011
at 18:39
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Stay sharp, everybody.  Sparks, what do you see?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 361 posts
Fri 18 Feb 2011
at 18:48
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret climbed back into the turret and activated the systems. He rotated the turret so he could scan the area.

"I see a whole lot of nothing. You sure the Gungan gave us the right coordinates?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 202 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 18 Feb 2011
at 20:31
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks begins a general scan of this eara of space.

[3 rolls for interlocking, multispectrum, full 360 degree sweep, a 'long' action].

20:26, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 24 using 6 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 5,{Wild}5,5,1,4,3.
20:25, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 22 using 6 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 3,6,{Wild}4,3,1,4.
20:25, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 8 (12 excluding the wild die) using 6 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 4,2,2,1,{Wild}1,2. Sensors.

Agial'ili
 player, 265 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 18 Feb 2011
at 23:08
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili hobbled to a free seat, making sure that she is webbed in. She had not forgotten the wild maneuvering a few days before and she had the feeling that sooner or later the pilot would be engaging in high G turns again and she had no intention to be caught by surprise again.
Harry Selous
 player, 165 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 21 Feb 2011
at 09:50
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry sat calmly in his chair. Chomper was still locked away in the tiny room. He wasn't the best disciplined animal in the world, but Harry was working on that, trying to get a litter box sort of system worked out, and generally trying to ensure that the animal knew who was boss.

For now though, that issue was tabled, in preference for the one they were currently confronted with.

"Nothin? Bola, what was supposed to be here?" He asked, figuring that the gungun probably knew more then he was saying, as usual.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 36 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Mon 21 Feb 2011
at 16:16
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
'S'pose bein' a ship waitin'..." the Gungan mutters, apparently unconcerned.  "Mebbe if yoosa not be takin' so long playin' nurse to da Imps it'd still bein' here..."

He waves a hand to get Strickland's attention.  "Hey, meat, yoosa sendin' out a signal on this freq," he rattles off a comm frequency.  "Sendin' two short pulses, three long.  If theysa hearin', theysa sendin' back three short pulses."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 203 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 21 Feb 2011
at 16:59
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Tarsk Bola:
'S'pose bein' a ship waitin'..." the Gungan mutters, apparently unconcerned.  "Mebbe if yoosa not be takin' so long playin' nurse to da Imps it'd still bein' here..."

He waves a hand to get Strickland's attention.  "Hey, meat, yoosa sendin' out a signal on this freq," he rattles off a comm frequency.  "Sendin' two short pulses, three long.  If theysa hearin', theysa sendin' back three short pulses."

Sparks eye's thin, his face contorts in a spasmodic twitch, and through gritted teeth he repeats, Two short pulses, three long, with three short pulses back. staring at Bola the whole time.

Sparks get's right on it.  Anything unusuall about this frequency?
16:57, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 27 using 6 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 4,1,1,5,5,{Wild}6(+5). Comm's.
Arbiter
 GM, 558 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 21 Feb 2011
at 17:22
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The signal doesn't appear special.  In fact, it's an open frequency.  Not one you recognize, but definitely nothing encrypted.  It's most likely an older band that's fallen out of use, making it ideal for sending coded messages between ships engaged in illicit activity without having to make sure every smuggler in the Corporate Sector had high-end decryption gear installed on their ships.

You send the signal and, after about five minutes of tense, silent waiting, the aforementioned reply code is received.

"Now weesa waitin'..." Bola says.  "Shouldn't be long..."
Garret Haskel
 player, 362 posts
Mon 21 Feb 2011
at 17:32
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Turret online and at full power."

He was prepared to fire back at anyone or anything that shoots first.
Agial'ili
 player, 267 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 16:43
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Checking her buckles again, Agial'ili could do nothing but watch for whatever was going to happen now. Yet she was starting to feel very nervous so she asked:

"Should we not plan a hyperspace escape jump just in case?"
Arbiter
 GM, 559 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 18:37
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Right on the tail of Aggie's question, a ship emerges from Hyperspace nearly on top of the Sun Tracker.  It's Splynn's yacht, the one that you all traveled together on what feels like years ago.

Proximity warnings blare as the ship skims within shouting distance, coming to a full stop a few hundred meters away, behind where the YV-100 is currently parked.
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 22 posts
 It's just business...
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 18:37
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The comms crackle and a familiar voice filters through the speakers.  "Well, better late then never, eh?" Galor Splynn says, his tone pleasant.  "Glad to see you made it in one piece--at least, it looks like it from out here.  How was your expedition?  Profitable, I hope?  Were our friends pleased with the goods I sent in trade?"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:38, Tue 22 Feb 2011.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 260 posts
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 19:06
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice nods to Sparks and says, "Open it."

He toggles the microphone.  "Pleased enough.  Their response was as enthusiastic as can be expected.  Awaiting orders."
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 23 posts
 It's just business...
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 20:19
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"No rush, Captain Delfinn," Splynn replies.  "I'm well aware of your ship's inability to unload efficiently in a vacuum.  I've invited a friend to join us.  He should be arriving shortly..."

Roughly three seconds after he finishes, another ship falls out of hyperspace.  It's a big old bulk cruiser, big enough to house both ships in the titanic cargo bay that is slowly opening as it approaches.

"Meet me inside, Captain, and we'll conclude our business in more comfortable surroundings."

His yacht accelerates towards the cruiser.
Harry Selous
 player, 166 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 21:38
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry mused as he listened and watched. The big freighter might be a welcome relief, so long as Splynn's friends didn't try to double cross them once everything was unloaded.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 204 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 01:51
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks scans the large bulk freight for 'surprises', both internal and external, as they approach.
01:20, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 17 using 5 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}5,2,2,4,3. Sensors (Scan).

You maybe wanna stay at the wheel this time Captain.  We can handle this.  CBox, purging all your temperary buffers.  Bringing your cycyle time up to maximium.... now. 

Bola, you better get you Boss' stuff from the compartment. Sparks stares at the Gungan until he leaves the bridge.
[Comlink: Harry get chomper, we'll need him.  Garret fire up the speeder, we'll need that, even to move the spice this short distancemeet. Meet me in the lounge.]  Sparks does not move.
Harry Selous
 player, 167 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 09:36
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry smiles when Sparks starts talking. Harry likes plans, especially when they involve things like wild animals and speeders inside space ships. Crazy plans were fun plans.

Harry stood and headed for his quarters, trying to grab the metal chain that made up Chomper's leash, trying to wrap it around his less dominant wrist. That way, the animal would be secure so long as Harry wanted it to be, and he still had his predominant hand to aim with.
Garret Haskel
 player, 363 posts
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 14:37
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Understood."

Garret shut down the turret and slid down the ladder. He went to the speeder, and begins the start up sequence. Once that is done and the speeder idling Garret goes to the lounge to wait.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:35, Wed 23 Feb 2011.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 205 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 20:02
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
In reply to Garret Haskel (msg #220):

Sparks arrives at the lounge, pops the magnetic seal on the secret compartment and starts loading the crates of spice onto the speeder.

Lend a hand here Garret, these bruisers are heavy!
Agial'ili
 player, 268 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 21:33
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili being unable to help with the lifting thanks to her still needing crutches to move around. Just kept at her seat glancing at the various knobs and dials. Checking for any telltale sign of trouble.
Harry Selous
 player, 168 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 21:52
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry looks for something to wrap the free end of the leash around, then heads over to help move the crates once Chomper is secured.
Garret Haskel
 player, 364 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 15:52
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret picks up two crates at a time and starts carrying them over to the speeder.
Arbiter
 GM, 560 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 17:49
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret Haskel:
Garret picks up two crates at a time and starts carrying them over to the speeder.

Then Garret is going to make a Strength check...  Did we forget the incident at the space dock?  These crates are full of dirt, not shoes, and are even heavier...
Garret Haskel
 player, 365 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 18:12
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Arbiter:
Garret Haskel:
Garret picks up two crates at a time and starts carrying them over to the speeder.

Then Garret is going to make a Strength check...  Did we forget the incident at the space dock?  These crates are full of dirt, not shoes, and are even heavier...

Post correction: Garret carries the crates on at a time to the speeder.

OOC: I must have forgotten.
Arbiter
 GM, 561 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 18:49
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Since nobody rises up in indignation to challenge Strickland's orders (;)), everyone moves off to their appointed tasks.  Well, except Bola, who simply sniffs disdainfully at the bossy comm operator and returns to his quarters.

Selous drags the snarling, scrabbling Chomper out of his quarters (which smell like a barnyard before he mercifully closes the door).  The young Sandslasher is having none of this "leash" business and is pulling back against Selous with all his might.  However, his claws can't get enough of a grip on the deckplates, so he is forced to be dragged from his new den.

Selous ties the 'Slasher's chain securely to the gangway railing, where the predator sits, growling and snapping at anyone foolish enough to get near it.

(Good luck getting out of the bridge, guys... ;))

In short order Haskel and Selous have the table in the lounge unbolted, the hidden compartment open, and the crates moved to the speeder.  All this while Roice guides the ship to dock inside the bulk cruiser.  He sets down without incident alongside Splynn's yacht.  The cruiser shuts its bay doors and the titanic cargo hold repressurizes.
Harry Selous
 player, 169 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 22:15
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
With the crates loaded, Harry sets off back towards Chomper to grab the handle end and get ready for whatever Sparks' plan is. He takes Chomper far enough away from the openings to the bridge to allow for the rest of the crew to move about the ship.

Finally, if he suffers no problems, he waits for the hanger doors to open to see what the situation is like on the cargo freighter.
Garret Haskel
 player, 366 posts
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 19:20
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
With nothing else to do, Garret stands at the top of the ramp; making sure to stay away from Harry's new pet.
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 24 posts
 It's just business...
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 19:29
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The speeder is loaded and ready as the loading ramp is lowered.  Standing at the base of the ramp is Galor Splynn, Assistant Vice-Prex, himself, flanked by four very large, very muscled, very armed men.  Despite--or perhaps because of--the intimidating thugs beside him, the Corporate Sector executive smiles expansively and calls out to Haskel and Selous, "Gentlemen, welcome back!  Glad to see that my faith in your capabilities wasn't wasted."

He motions with his hand and two of the bodyguards stalk up the ramp, moving past Selous and Haskel without so much as a sideways glance.  They hop into the speeder and one of them fires up its engines, moving it from the Sun Tracker's hold to the ramp.  "Move it!" the other one shouts to the two men blocking the exit.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 206 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 20:10
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"WAIT!"  Sparks appears from the bridge, cradling an ancient blaster rifle, and moves towards Splynn.

"You've forgot something VicePrex.
"FLOPSY!  FLOPSY GET YER ARSE OUT 'ERE!"  Sparks is obviously refering to Bola.

"Bola is an liability.  He is stupid, trigger happy, and nearly got us all killed twice, he doesn't pull his weight and is not a 'team player'.  I will not allow him to jeaperdise our 'business' any further, which could be much more profitable if not for his attitude."

All the while Sparks is throwing his arms in the air, and edging closer to Splynn.
We don't need a handler.  We've done this job with almost no help from him.  If we must have a handler, get another one!
Garret Haskel
 player, 368 posts
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 20:37
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret followed Sparks down the ramp and tapped twice on his shoulder to get his attention.

"Calm down before you get yourself killed, and I will be taking this back as well."

He reached out to take back his antique blaster rifle.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 208 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 20:53
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks backs away from Haskel, lowering the muzzel at him, (backing) towards Splynn if possible.

Sparks turns a very unpleasant glare towards Haskel,
"Step off Haskel.  You don't get to touch me, or ask for my weapon.  You gave it away remember!  All I way is this deal done, and Flopsy out of my face"

The situation was getting very tense.  In Sparks minds eye he was visuallising the responses of the others, Splynn, Selous, Chomper, Delfinn, the guards, Bola, even Haskel.

'There's no point living if you can't feel alive...'
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 26 posts
 It's just business...
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 20:55
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
In a flash, the thugs are pointing their guns at Strickland--two from the floor, two from the speeder--and Splynn is still standing there, wearing a smug, detached smile.

"Mr. Strickland," he says, "I understand your... frustration with the arrangements, but you don't get to make that call.  In fact," his expression and voice turn cold, "I own every one of you, lock, stock, and barrel.  What I choose to do with you and what 'burdens' I saddle you with are not open to discussion."

"Did you get it?" he asks, looking over Strickland's shoulder.

"Sure did, boss," replies Bola, who has walked up behind you so quietly that even Chomper jumps in surprise.

The CSA executive turns to glare back at Strickland, Selous, and Haskel.  "While I am pleased that you have succeeded in your first appointed task, don't think for an instant I have forgotten where I pulled you rabble.  If you think I'm going to set you free with a ship and just hope you come back to discharge your debt, you are dimmer than I thought.  Now, convict," he spits, exuding the razor-edged calm of a man completely in charge of his own personal universe, "When Captain Delfinn comes down, tell him to report to me on my yacht.  One of my associates will let him in."

He turns to leave, pausing momentarily to bark, "Bola, we need to talk..."

"Yes, boss," the Gungan grunts nervously, pushing past the group to hurry down the ramp and follow Splynn back towards his ship.

Neither of them seem the slightest bit concerned that Strickland is still fuming while brandishing a blaster.

EDIT: post moved for narrative reasons

Garret Haskel
 player, 369 posts
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 21:02
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret steps back, keeping his eyes on where Sparks is pointing the blaster.

"If you don't stop this now, those guys behind you will shoot; and I doubt that they will keep their weapons on stun. So why don't you give me my blaster."

He held his hand out once again, this time to receive the old rifle.

OOC:
Dodge roll: 6

Timothy Strickland
 player, 209 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 21:09
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks spins on his heel and stomps off to the bridge quickly.  He moves fast, not running but fast, and shouts ahead of him.

"CAPTAIN!  VicePrex Splynn requires you presence on his yatch." Sparks flops down in his chair, thundering with rage, gun trained on the cockpit hatch.
Harry Selous
 player, 171 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 21:43
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry watches as all of this happens, a slightly surprised expression on his face, but not one of any real urgency. Sparks wasn't pointing the blaster at him, and neither were the body guards, so Harry decided to just let everything move along.

When it's all over, and Sparks has stormed off to the bridge, Harry glances down at Chomper to see how the animal is doing, then turns to look back at Haskel.

"You did offer to give it away." He says with a shrug before trying to head out on to the freighter for a look around, keeping a tight hold on Chomper's leash.
Arbiter
 GM, 566 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 21:47
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Chomper whines and scrambles, pulling against the leash, but still at a disadvantage (you know that on a grippable surface, though, the muscle-bound little brute would be hauling you all over creation).  Snarling, it gives in and decides to stop pulling and try ripping a hole in your thigh instead.

Don't worry, he misses, and you're able to adjust your grip on the leash to keep his vicious fangs at bay.  For now.

Roadblocks to egress now clear, the two thugs in the speeder--who had put their guns away in confusion as the whole "Some guy's got a blaster on the boss" incident defused itself--drive off down the ramp on whining repulsors.
Garret Haskel
 player, 371 posts
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 21:50
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"I offered and no one spoke up. After that little event I do not think it is a good idea to let him keep a blaster."
Harry Selous
 player, 173 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 21:56
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry growls at the sand slasher as he adjusts the grip on the leash. It might be best to take him back to the room.

He heads back up the plank towards his cabin and attempts to secure Chomper back to the bed.
Agial'ili
 player, 270 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 00:45
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agi, just watched the incident from a safe distance. Wondering why they did have to make such a mess about things. She really didn't understand why everybody needed to be so volatile. Didn't they know that when the sand came in howling a wise one would search for a safe spot to hide and wait for the storm to pass?

Softly she says to the Captain: "I wrote down a list of things we really need in this ship. From at least one or two vac suits to medical supplies. Perhaps you can negotiate that we get them?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 261 posts
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 02:38
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice nods at Agial'ili and takes the datapad.  "I'll see what I can do.  We'll see what kind of mood the Vice-Prex is in, but I don't think he'll deny us basic necessities, even after seeing," he motions to various quarters, "that."

He straightens his jacket and walks down the ramp, following the speeder.  "Figure it out, gentlemen," he calls back.  "Harry, don't let those two kill each other."
Harry Selous
 player, 175 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 03:33
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Hearing the call from the captain as he comes out of his room, he replies with "I'll give it a shot Cap, but no promises."

As Roice walks off the ship, Harry sits and waits, watching the going ons of the ship.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 215 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 19:08
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks is crashing and banging about on the bridge, cursing under his breath, and shuts the cockpit door.
Garret Haskel
 player, 376 posts
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 19:13
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret walked back to the bottom of the ramp and stood there to keep watch.
Arbiter
 GM, 569 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 27 Feb 2011
at 23:29
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
PM
Roice Delfinn
 player, 262 posts
Mon 28 Feb 2011
at 00:08
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
PM
Arbiter
 GM, 571 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 28 Feb 2011
at 01:18
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
PM
Roice Delfinn
 player, 263 posts
Mon 28 Feb 2011
at 01:38
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
PM
Arbiter
 GM, 573 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 17:50
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Meanwhile, back in non-Roice-ville, nothing much seems to be going on.  The hold is empty except for the two docked ships, with no sign of Splynn's goons.  Roice is still over on Splynn's ship talking about who-knows-what, and there's not much to do except sit back and wait.

Q7 takes the opportunity to do a manual inspection of the outer hull, giving the patches the Imps put in place a thorough going over and looking for any further sign of damage or wear.

Chatterbox is idly flipping through comm channels, looking for interesting traffic.  But, mostly it's just dead air and data feeds.
Harry Selous
 player, 176 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 17:59
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"OK." Harry says after a while, "Looks like everything's calmed down. I'm gonna go look around this freighter. Anybody actually NEED anything, or do we all just want stuff?" Harry shouted to try and let everyone hear him, regardless of where they were on the ship, or if he still had it, using the headset. He wanted to know if they needed any parts for the ship, that way he could try and get one while he was off looking for weapons and armor.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 220 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 19:06
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks emerges from the bridge, much calmer and relaxed.

Anything we can trade!

I'll start on rebuilding Forem.  I reckon between Agail'ili and I we can fix him up in no time.
Sparks begins searching the hold for the bigger bits of Forem first, collecting them in a pile by the lounge.  Droid's weren't really his bag, but he'd give it a crack!
Arbiter
 GM, 574 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 19:09
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Q7 has collected all of poor, poor Forem's bits and bobs in a crate back in the engine room.
Harry Selous
 player, 177 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 19:13
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Alright, I'll see if I can scrounge up something." Harry said, heading off the ship and on to the freighter to have a look around and see what he could see.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 221 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 19:15
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks will use his technical and electronics knowledge to start reconstructing Forem's endo skeleton, over the next few days of hyperspace travel.  Sparks doesn't have a clue how to re-programme him, but that job should be several days away
Arbiter
 GM, 575 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 19:31
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Selous: The two ships are parked in the vast, empty hold of the bulk cruiser.  While it currently is serving as an ad hoc docking bay, it's usually used to transport millions of tons of cargo.  There's a series of catwalks up near the ceiling (a couple of hundred feet up) that lead to some closed hatches.  But as for what you see in your immediate area, it's just the Sun Tracker and Splynn's yacht.

Strickland: Since you don't have Droid Repair, make a straight Technical roll to see if you're up to the challenge.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 222 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 22:48
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Arbiter:
Strickland: Since you don't have Droid Repair, make a straight Technical roll to see if you're up to the challenge.

22:45, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 17 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}5,6,6. Technical.
Arbiter
 GM, 576 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 22:59
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Yeah, you won't have any trouble...
Agial'ili
 player, 273 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 23:31
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"It would be nice if they have a spare bacta tank I could use and I would love to have some decent gear" she says after the question what they would want to buy/trade.

Then she sits down with Timothy to help rebuild poor Forum. She did not fell strong enough to tour the outside of the ship. She had to trust in Q7's expert eye.

"Poor Forum, he was a polite droid. Let's see if we can rebuild him" with that she started the rebuilding.

OOC: 00:31, Today: Agial'ili rolled 17 using 5 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 2,6,{Wild}3,1,5. Droid Repair. I see that Timothy is as good as I am :)
Arbiter
 GM, 577 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 23:45
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Uh, yeah, you guys are good ;)
Harry Selous
 player, 178 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 23:58
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry shakes his head and turns back to the ship.

"I don't think there's anything here to get. Just a big empty ship." Harry says with a bit of a sigh, "Maybe we'll get a chance to grab gear and stuff later before we get our next job." Harry said with a shrug.
Garret Haskel
 player, 379 posts
Fri 4 Mar 2011
at 17:25
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Nothing we can do until we're on the move again. Then we can find an opportunity to better arm and equip ourselves according to our needs."
Arbiter
 GM, 579 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 4 Mar 2011
at 18:07
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice returns from Splynn's yacht after a while.  Down in the engine room, Strickland and Aggie are sorting through Forem's pieces, organizing the components in preparation of rebuilding him.
Garret Haskel
 player, 380 posts
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 15:14
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Welcome back captain. All is quiet here. I see that the gungan hasn't returned with you. Does this mean he won't be our problem anymore?"

For the last part he couldn't help but sound a bit hopeful. He liked the idea of not having Tarsk Bola around to cause them trouble.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 37 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 20:35
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Bola tromps up the ramp just in time to hear Haskel's comment and eagerly dashes his hopes with the reply of, "Yoosa only wishin', meat.  But don't be worryin' yoosa fuzzy little head about it.  Once we landin' I'm gonna be gettin' as far away from yoosa as I can for as long as I can.  Until then," he shrugs and sneers, "Weesa just havin' to put up with each other a bit longer, eh?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 381 posts
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 20:50
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"That might be easier if you would pretend to be a bit nicer than Harry's new pet."
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 38 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 21:51
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The Gungan merely sneers and pushes past Haskel, heading for the bridge.
Agial'ili
 player, 274 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 23:24
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
She looked towards the Captain with a smile: "Did you manage to get us the supplies we need?" Then very self consciously she pointed at her damaged leg. "Any possibility of some extra medical care for me?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 264 posts
Sat 5 Mar 2011
at 23:42
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice nods.  "Don't know the details yet, but we're headed to a place where I think we'll have plenty of opportunity to take a few deep breaths.  Let's get her buttoned up and warmed, Bola's got the coords."
Arbiter
 GM, 580 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sun 6 Mar 2011
at 01:03
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice returns to the bridge, Q7 plugging in beside him.  The little astromech feeds the coordinates for the new location into the navicomputer, grumbling all the while about how long it takes the stupid old thing to crunch the numbers.

The Sun Tracker leaves the bulk cruiser's cargo bay, followed shortly by Splynn's yacht.  The Assistant VicePrex's ship turns and zips off into hyperspace while the Tracker pivots in the opposite direction and accelerates to lightspeed.

Within a matter of a few hours, the ship comes out of hyperspace, sensors indicating the nearby system as being within Corporate Sector space.  So, back in the CSA again, it seems.

A system patrol craft hails the Tracker, wanting to know its business.  Bola obligingly rattles off a quick code phrase, causing the patrol craft pilot to apologize and get out of the way.  Roice flies towards the drab, unremarkable planet registered as "Gaurick," homing in on the beacon frequency emanating from the world's only apparent spaceport.

He flies the ship down towards the surface--an unremarkable, agrarian world, with little in the way of large cities or overt technology that your cursory inspections reveal.  Chatterbox chimes in, explaining that Guarick is a world that they have visited often, delivering loads of chak-root to sell to the locals.  A tricky business due to the theology that ruled the planet and its hardline stance against chak-root.

After a short flight, the Sun Tracker lands on a small pad in a fenced off spaceport.  People, near-humans, probably natives, wander outside the fence, some gawking at the landing ship, others shouting and waving signs that say things like "POISON FOR THE BODY IS POISON FOR THE SPIRIT!" and "NO TO THE ROOT!"

But you lose sight of the locals as the pad lowers the ship underground, a reinforced hatch closing overhead.

Bola gets up and tells you all that you've arrived.  This will be your "home, sweet home" as he puts it, when not running errands for Splynn.  The Gungan leaves the bridge and lowers the ramp, disembarking from the ship without further word.

So, welcome home...