3A: Delivering Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Timothy Strickland
 player, 205 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 20:02
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
In reply to Garret Haskel (msg #220):

Sparks arrives at the lounge, pops the magnetic seal on the secret compartment and starts loading the crates of spice onto the speeder.

Lend a hand here Garret, these bruisers are heavy!
Agial'ili
 player, 268 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 21:33
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili being unable to help with the lifting thanks to her still needing crutches to move around. Just kept at her seat glancing at the various knobs and dials. Checking for any telltale sign of trouble.
Harry Selous
 player, 168 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 21:52
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry looks for something to wrap the free end of the leash around, then heads over to help move the crates once Chomper is secured.
Garret Haskel
 player, 364 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 15:52
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret picks up two crates at a time and starts carrying them over to the speeder.
Arbiter
 GM, 560 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 17:49
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret Haskel:
Garret picks up two crates at a time and starts carrying them over to the speeder.

Then Garret is going to make a Strength check...  Did we forget the incident at the space dock?  These crates are full of dirt, not shoes, and are even heavier...
Garret Haskel
 player, 365 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 18:12
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Arbiter:
Garret Haskel:
Garret picks up two crates at a time and starts carrying them over to the speeder.

Then Garret is going to make a Strength check...  Did we forget the incident at the space dock?  These crates are full of dirt, not shoes, and are even heavier...

Post correction: Garret carries the crates on at a time to the speeder.

OOC: I must have forgotten.
Arbiter
 GM, 561 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 18:49
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Since nobody rises up in indignation to challenge Strickland's orders (;)), everyone moves off to their appointed tasks.  Well, except Bola, who simply sniffs disdainfully at the bossy comm operator and returns to his quarters.

Selous drags the snarling, scrabbling Chomper out of his quarters (which smell like a barnyard before he mercifully closes the door).  The young Sandslasher is having none of this "leash" business and is pulling back against Selous with all his might.  However, his claws can't get enough of a grip on the deckplates, so he is forced to be dragged from his new den.

Selous ties the 'Slasher's chain securely to the gangway railing, where the predator sits, growling and snapping at anyone foolish enough to get near it.

(Good luck getting out of the bridge, guys... ;))

In short order Haskel and Selous have the table in the lounge unbolted, the hidden compartment open, and the crates moved to the speeder.  All this while Roice guides the ship to dock inside the bulk cruiser.  He sets down without incident alongside Splynn's yacht.  The cruiser shuts its bay doors and the titanic cargo hold repressurizes.
Harry Selous
 player, 169 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 24 Feb 2011
at 22:15
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
With the crates loaded, Harry sets off back towards Chomper to grab the handle end and get ready for whatever Sparks' plan is. He takes Chomper far enough away from the openings to the bridge to allow for the rest of the crew to move about the ship.

Finally, if he suffers no problems, he waits for the hanger doors to open to see what the situation is like on the cargo freighter.
Garret Haskel
 player, 366 posts
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 19:20
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
With nothing else to do, Garret stands at the top of the ramp; making sure to stay away from Harry's new pet.
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 24 posts
 It's just business...
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 19:29
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The speeder is loaded and ready as the loading ramp is lowered.  Standing at the base of the ramp is Galor Splynn, Assistant Vice-Prex, himself, flanked by four very large, very muscled, very armed men.  Despite--or perhaps because of--the intimidating thugs beside him, the Corporate Sector executive smiles expansively and calls out to Haskel and Selous, "Gentlemen, welcome back!  Glad to see that my faith in your capabilities wasn't wasted."

He motions with his hand and two of the bodyguards stalk up the ramp, moving past Selous and Haskel without so much as a sideways glance.  They hop into the speeder and one of them fires up its engines, moving it from the Sun Tracker's hold to the ramp.  "Move it!" the other one shouts to the two men blocking the exit.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 206 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 20:10
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"WAIT!"  Sparks appears from the bridge, cradling an ancient blaster rifle, and moves towards Splynn.

"You've forgot something VicePrex.
"FLOPSY!  FLOPSY GET YER ARSE OUT 'ERE!"  Sparks is obviously refering to Bola.

"Bola is an liability.  He is stupid, trigger happy, and nearly got us all killed twice, he doesn't pull his weight and is not a 'team player'.  I will not allow him to jeaperdise our 'business' any further, which could be much more profitable if not for his attitude."

All the while Sparks is throwing his arms in the air, and edging closer to Splynn.
We don't need a handler.  We've done this job with almost no help from him.  If we must have a handler, get another one!
Garret Haskel
 player, 368 posts
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 20:37
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret followed Sparks down the ramp and tapped twice on his shoulder to get his attention.

"Calm down before you get yourself killed, and I will be taking this back as well."

He reached out to take back his antique blaster rifle.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 208 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 20:53
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks backs away from Haskel, lowering the muzzel at him, (backing) towards Splynn if possible.

Sparks turns a very unpleasant glare towards Haskel,
"Step off Haskel.  You don't get to touch me, or ask for my weapon.  You gave it away remember!  All I way is this deal done, and Flopsy out of my face"

The situation was getting very tense.  In Sparks minds eye he was visuallising the responses of the others, Splynn, Selous, Chomper, Delfinn, the guards, Bola, even Haskel.

'There's no point living if you can't feel alive...'
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 26 posts
 It's just business...
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 20:55
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
In a flash, the thugs are pointing their guns at Strickland--two from the floor, two from the speeder--and Splynn is still standing there, wearing a smug, detached smile.

"Mr. Strickland," he says, "I understand your... frustration with the arrangements, but you don't get to make that call.  In fact," his expression and voice turn cold, "I own every one of you, lock, stock, and barrel.  What I choose to do with you and what 'burdens' I saddle you with are not open to discussion."

"Did you get it?" he asks, looking over Strickland's shoulder.

"Sure did, boss," replies Bola, who has walked up behind you so quietly that even Chomper jumps in surprise.

The CSA executive turns to glare back at Strickland, Selous, and Haskel.  "While I am pleased that you have succeeded in your first appointed task, don't think for an instant I have forgotten where I pulled you rabble.  If you think I'm going to set you free with a ship and just hope you come back to discharge your debt, you are dimmer than I thought.  Now, convict," he spits, exuding the razor-edged calm of a man completely in charge of his own personal universe, "When Captain Delfinn comes down, tell him to report to me on my yacht.  One of my associates will let him in."

He turns to leave, pausing momentarily to bark, "Bola, we need to talk..."

"Yes, boss," the Gungan grunts nervously, pushing past the group to hurry down the ramp and follow Splynn back towards his ship.

Neither of them seem the slightest bit concerned that Strickland is still fuming while brandishing a blaster.

EDIT: post moved for narrative reasons

Garret Haskel
 player, 369 posts
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 21:02
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret steps back, keeping his eyes on where Sparks is pointing the blaster.

"If you don't stop this now, those guys behind you will shoot; and I doubt that they will keep their weapons on stun. So why don't you give me my blaster."

He held his hand out once again, this time to receive the old rifle.

OOC:
Dodge roll: 6

Timothy Strickland
 player, 209 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 21:09
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks spins on his heel and stomps off to the bridge quickly.  He moves fast, not running but fast, and shouts ahead of him.

"CAPTAIN!  VicePrex Splynn requires you presence on his yatch." Sparks flops down in his chair, thundering with rage, gun trained on the cockpit hatch.
Harry Selous
 player, 171 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 21:43
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry watches as all of this happens, a slightly surprised expression on his face, but not one of any real urgency. Sparks wasn't pointing the blaster at him, and neither were the body guards, so Harry decided to just let everything move along.

When it's all over, and Sparks has stormed off to the bridge, Harry glances down at Chomper to see how the animal is doing, then turns to look back at Haskel.

"You did offer to give it away." He says with a shrug before trying to head out on to the freighter for a look around, keeping a tight hold on Chomper's leash.
Arbiter
 GM, 566 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 21:47
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Chomper whines and scrambles, pulling against the leash, but still at a disadvantage (you know that on a grippable surface, though, the muscle-bound little brute would be hauling you all over creation).  Snarling, it gives in and decides to stop pulling and try ripping a hole in your thigh instead.

Don't worry, he misses, and you're able to adjust your grip on the leash to keep his vicious fangs at bay.  For now.

Roadblocks to egress now clear, the two thugs in the speeder--who had put their guns away in confusion as the whole "Some guy's got a blaster on the boss" incident defused itself--drive off down the ramp on whining repulsors.
Garret Haskel
 player, 371 posts
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 21:50
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"I offered and no one spoke up. After that little event I do not think it is a good idea to let him keep a blaster."
Harry Selous
 player, 173 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 25 Feb 2011
at 21:56
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry growls at the sand slasher as he adjusts the grip on the leash. It might be best to take him back to the room.

He heads back up the plank towards his cabin and attempts to secure Chomper back to the bed.
Agial'ili
 player, 270 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 00:45
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agi, just watched the incident from a safe distance. Wondering why they did have to make such a mess about things. She really didn't understand why everybody needed to be so volatile. Didn't they know that when the sand came in howling a wise one would search for a safe spot to hide and wait for the storm to pass?

Softly she says to the Captain: "I wrote down a list of things we really need in this ship. From at least one or two vac suits to medical supplies. Perhaps you can negotiate that we get them?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 261 posts
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 02:38
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice nods at Agial'ili and takes the datapad.  "I'll see what I can do.  We'll see what kind of mood the Vice-Prex is in, but I don't think he'll deny us basic necessities, even after seeing," he motions to various quarters, "that."

He straightens his jacket and walks down the ramp, following the speeder.  "Figure it out, gentlemen," he calls back.  "Harry, don't let those two kill each other."
Harry Selous
 player, 175 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 03:33
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Hearing the call from the captain as he comes out of his room, he replies with "I'll give it a shot Cap, but no promises."

As Roice walks off the ship, Harry sits and waits, watching the going ons of the ship.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 215 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 19:08
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks is crashing and banging about on the bridge, cursing under his breath, and shuts the cockpit door.
Garret Haskel
 player, 376 posts
Sat 26 Feb 2011
at 19:13
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret walked back to the bottom of the ramp and stood there to keep watch.