3A: Delivering Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Q7-P10
 NPC, 27 posts
 Beedle boop!
Thu 16 Dec 2010
at 14:58
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Three, maybe four hours," Q7 replies.  "Long enough that I've taken the liberty of locking all the doors to the engine room.  Just to be safe."

The ship slingshots into hyperspace and the droid breathes a synthesized sigh of relief.  "I swear, before you guys showed up I never worried so much about this ship doing something as simple as jumping to lightspeed.  It's like we picked up a curse or something--Hang on," Q7 interrupts himself, his fabricated tone concerned.  "Captain, I'm picking up another power fluctuation.  Looks like we've got a problem with--" All of the sudden the lights go out.  "Life support..." he sighs again.
Agial'ili
 player, 226 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 16 Dec 2010
at 21:46
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Life support failing. Oh great, just what they needed with all the extra passengers aboard and a lengthy detour. It would also mean that she would have to face those humans again. She sighed, there was nothing to be done about it.

She opened the voxlink: "Mr Strickland, can you help me to engineering?"
Roice Delfinn
 player, 237 posts
Mon 20 Dec 2010
at 03:11
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice turns.  "Aggie, be careful down there.  You're in no condition to strain yourself.  Basic diagnostic and then let Q7 do the work."

He turns back to the console.  "C-Box and Q7, start bypassing all nonessential systems until we nail down the source of this issue.  Vents and cooling in the quarters, electrical to unused fixtures, whatever you can think of.  Just the basics until we come out of this jump."
Q7-P10
 NPC, 28 posts
 Beedle boop!
Mon 20 Dec 2010
at 15:58
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
From the engine room, Q7 replies, "It's a problem with the power system, Cap'n.  Some sort of weird spike, don't know the cause yet.  I could use someone manning the board while I test circuits to rig a bypass."
Arbiter
 GM, 488 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 20 Dec 2010
at 16:02
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
In the cargo hold, the Imperials take note of the sudden loss of lights.  In the red glow of the emergency lighting, the 'Troopers are extra alert, several reaching for blasters that they'd forgotten they'd left behind.  The naval officers are less disciplined, milling about nervously, several uttering shocked exclamations in the sudden darkness.

Jensen stomps out of the lounge and confronts Selous--who hasn't made his way out of the hold yet--and Haskel, "What is going on here?  What's the matter with your ship?"
Harry Selous
 player, 117 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 20 Dec 2010
at 16:37
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"I don't know." Harry sighs exasperated, "It's a floating piece of junk. The ship savvy members of the crew will take care of it. Just wait it out till then. This happens all the time."
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 32 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Mon 20 Dec 2010
at 17:46
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"WHAT INNA HELL ISSA GOIN' ON!?!" Bola's voice echoes from one of the ship to the other.  He's standing at the head of the gangway, glaring in surprised rage at the hold full of Imperial soldiers.

For their part, the Imps whirl as a group to face the bellowing Gungan.

Bola storms into the bridge, shouting, "Delfeen!  Why th' hold bein' full of Imps, eh?  What happened to da lights?" He looms over Roice, teeth bared in a snarl, "Yoosa best bein' tellin' me what's goin' on iff'n yoosa knowin' what's good for you..."

OOC: this is easily the maddest anyone's seen Bola in a while.  And that's saying something.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 161 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 20 Dec 2010
at 18:44
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Uh frak!
Curses Sparks at Bola's usual well balanced view of the world! Sparks retrieves the blaster from his Comm's station stowage, and stuffs it into his overalls pocket.

"Come on Aggie, I'll carry you to the engine room luv."Sparks scoops up the (hopefully light) engineer for the short journey.
Harry Selous
 player, 118 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 20 Dec 2010
at 19:32
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry brushes past the officer and makes his way up to the gangway where he'd have a good shot at anybody that wanted to try anything. His blaster is still in his hands, though not pointing at anyone, and he stands there trying to look like he isn't forcing the imperials to stay in the hold, which he absolutely plans on doing.
Agial'ili
 player, 231 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 20 Dec 2010
at 23:33
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Thank you mr Strickland" She puts an arm around his neck so that he can carry her more easier and tries hard not to flush. Not as if a flushing Twilek is something that is easy to spot as the skin does not color, however a slight stiffness of her lemure shows her embarrassment. She is not used to this sort of kind treatment.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 238 posts
Tue 21 Dec 2010
at 00:04
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Without turning to acknowledge him, Roice says, "Oh, hey Bola.  I didn't hear you come in."

He flips a switch and transfers the navicomputer controls to the bridge.

"Got it up here Q7."

He glances at Bola.  "I was wondering if you were going to come join the fun.  Did you see we picked up some passengers?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 327 posts
Tue 21 Dec 2010
at 00:15
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret stood by, watching the imperials; saying nothing when the lights went out and when Bola decided to make his presence known all over the ship.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 33 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Tue 21 Dec 2010
at 22:48
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"I sees a whole ship fulla Imps," the Gungan hisses, "Whoosa tellin' yoosa to be pickin' 'dem up, eh?  Yoosa know what happens if theysa figurin' out what yoosa been doin'?"
Arbiter
 GM, 491 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 21 Dec 2010
at 22:51
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Strickland walks down the gangway, carrying Aggie in his arms.  He steps past Haskel and down the stairs, then makes his way through the crowd of Stormtroopers.

Jensen approaches Haskel, who is blocking the way to the bridge, and says, curtly, "I need to talk to your captain.  If you will excuse me." He moves as if to go past.
Garret Haskel
 player, 328 posts
Tue 21 Dec 2010
at 23:07
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"You can go ahead."

Garret steps aside to let him pass, but quickly steps back to stop anyone else from following.
Harry Selous
 player, 119 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 22 Dec 2010
at 00:19
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry, from his view point on the gangway, just sits and watches. Hopefully the engineer could get the life support working again before the storm troopers got antsy and Harry and Garret had to gun them all down. Harry's trigger finger itched.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 239 posts
Wed 22 Dec 2010
at 03:59
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice spins the chair and fixes a gaze at Bola, and says slowly and pointedly, "What we've been doing?  By that you mean, surely, hauling fully legal and non-restricted cargo, defending ourselves from pirate attacks, and taking dangerous chances with our ambush-damaged freighter saving local Imperial troops from a disabled and burning capital ship," he lowers his voice to a whisper, "which might grease some treds with the regional constabulary, and even you can catch that drift, Tarsk."

He turns back to the console.  "So please be nice to the men in uniform, and let us figure out what's wrong with these power spikes faulting environmental control, yeah?"



(ETF a silly typo)

This message was last edited by the player at 04:19, Thu 23 Dec 2010.

Agial'ili
 player, 232 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 22 Dec 2010
at 09:58
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili only looks at the imperials with demurely downcast eyes. She knew from experience that most man didn't like uppity slaves. It saved her quite a few smacks to be humble like and with these stormtroopers, you never knew. She had heard stories of them killing indiscriminately and they sure seemed to hate everybody not being a human. At least that is what the overseer had said.
Arbiter
 GM, 493 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 27 Dec 2010
at 00:13
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Bola starts to reply, but instead just snarls and spins on his heel, storming out of the cockpit.  He passes Jensen on the way out and rudely knocks the Imperial officer aside, slamming shoulder to shoulder and spinning the human around.

"Now just you wait one damn second!" he exclaims, grabbing the Gungan and pulling him back.  Only to pull up short and take a half-step back to get some clearance on the blaster barrel in his face.

Bola is silent, utterly, dangerously silent, as he stares coldly at Jensen, finger tightening on the trigger of his blaster.

"Hey!" A Stormtrooper calls from the base of the gangway.  "What's going on up there!?!"  He and three of his cohorts move towards the stairs, where Haskel and Selous are blocking the way.

EDIT: Oh, and Strickland and Aggie make it to the engine room door, but it's locked.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:14, Mon 27 Dec 2010.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 162 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 27 Dec 2010
at 01:39
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Arbiter:
EDIT: Oh, and Strickland and Aggie make it to the engine room door, but it's locked.

Why is the door locked!
01:21, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 2 (6 excluding the wild die) using 3 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}1,4,1. Security.
Aggie, did you lock this door on your way out?  I can't seem to open it.  what the f...
Arbiter:
"Hey!" A Stormtrooper calls from the base of the gangway.  "What's going on up there!?!"  He and three of his cohorts move towards the stairs, where Haskel and Selous are blocking the way.

Aggie, get his door open now if you want to live!
Roice Delfinn
 player, 240 posts
Mon 27 Dec 2010
at 02:44
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"What did I just say?" mutters Roice.  He bolts up from the pilot's chair and points down the bridge gangway at the duo.

"MISTER BOLA.  You will control yourself in front of our guests.  If you've a problem with my executive choices, you take it up with me or our employer, but magic button or not, understand that this sort of action will not be tolerated on a ship I'm captaining."

He stares at the Gungan.  "Stand down."
Harry Selous
 player, 120 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 27 Dec 2010
at 04:01
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry stepped towards bola and gave haskel a pat on the shoulder to tell him to stay there and watch the troopers. He walked up behind bola and leveled the blaster in his hands at bola, holding it at his hip.

"Come on Bola. Let's go back to your room and calm down. I'll fill you in on what happened while you were in your quarters."
Garret Haskel
 player, 329 posts
Mon 27 Dec 2010
at 14:14
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret stood his ground in the doorway as the stormtroopers approached.

"Stand down and stay in the cargo area. Everything is under control."

OOC:
You rolled 2 (9 excluding the wild die) using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system ((2,6,{Wild}1)).
Uh oh! Epic Failure!

Arbiter
 GM, 495 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 27 Dec 2010
at 15:30
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
OOC: Roice, gonna need a Command roll.  Selous, since you don't have the Persuasion skill, just a general Perception roll from you. (I'm prepared to NPC this since he's been having trouble getting online)

Haskel, you totally screwed the pooch with your roll...  But, hey, at least the 'Troopers aren't armed, right? ;)

Roice Delfinn
 player, 241 posts
Mon 27 Dec 2010
at 16:10
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
(08:08, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 12 using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,{Wild}6(+1),3,1. Command Roll.
08:09, Today: Roice Delfinn rolled 13 using 1 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}6(+6+1). +1 CP for Command Roll.


And the CP pays off!  That would be a total 25, Steve.)