3A: Delivering Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Harry Selous
 player, 121 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 27 Dec 2010
at 17:10
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
I can't figure out how to copy paste on this iPad but I rolled a 1, 7 excluding the wild die


Since this is tough to do, could you please take care of rolling one of my cps if that's possible

11:28, Today: Arbiter, on behalf of Harry Selous, rolled 5 using 1 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}5. cp.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:29, Mon 27 Dec 2010.

Agial'ili
 player, 234 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 27 Dec 2010
at 21:46
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The door was locked and she was sure she knew who had done that.

Picking up her pocketcomp she selected the  translation app and said in binary: "Q7, let me in. I am going to help you keep this vessel flying"
Arbiter
 GM, 496 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 28 Dec 2010
at 16:53
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice and Selous manage to talk Bola down.  The Gungan reluctantly lowers his pistol and returns it to his holster.  "I want 'dem offa 'dis ship... Captain..." his tone drips with derision.  He glares for a long moment at Jensen, who returns the look with equal hostility, then storms off back to his quarters.

"Out of the way, scum," the lead 'Trooper snarls at Haskel, moving to shove him aside.

OOC: 10:46, Today: Secret Roll: Arbiter rolled 4 using 2 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,{Wild}3. 'trooper brawl.

I think you can parry that fairly easily...


At the other end of the ship, the engine room door clicks and opens.  Q7 is on the other side, tweeting something that sounds apologetic.  He waits for Strickland to carry Aggie inside before closing the door behind them and locking it again.
Harry Selous
 player, 122 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 28 Dec 2010
at 17:10
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry heads for Bola's quarters and gives a light tap on the door to let Bola know that he's there. It'd be best if someone could convince Bola to calm down, as well as keep an eye on the angry gungun
Timothy Strickland
 player, 164 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 28 Dec 2010
at 17:26
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Arbiter:
At the other end of the ship, the engine room door clicks and opens.  Q7 is on the other side, tweeting something that sounds apologetic.  He waits for Strickland to carry Aggie inside before closing the door behind them and locking it again.


Sparks ensures all/both the engine room bulkheads are closed and locked.  Sparks will move Agail'ili about and help with fault finding as required.
"We need to keep this bird in the sky, and get rid of tyhe Imp's pronto!  Tell me what I can do to help?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 29 posts
 Beedle boop!
Tue 28 Dec 2010
at 18:08
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The astromech picks up his little jury-rigged speaker and plugs it in.  "Don't worry," he says, "We're not going to explode or anything.  Just a short in the life support system.  It's going to be dark, it'll get cold, and the air's going to get stale, but we've probably got enough heat and oxygen left to get us to the rendezvous with the Imperials and drop them off.  After that?  Depends on whether we can figure out where the short is."

The droid bobs about in irritation, "Nothing like this happened before.  This ship was in perfect condition when we left the impound yard.  I haven't got a clue as to why everything's gone all buggy all the sudden.  It's giving me a case of the glitches, I tell ya!"
Agial'ili
 player, 235 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 28 Dec 2010
at 23:54
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"I fully agree with that. Once we get the opportunity we are going to give her a full diagnostic. Open up every panel, check every bit of wire, remove that blasted override switch while we are at it to"

Agila'ili said with much emphasis nodding in agreement with the little droids tale. "until then however we need to keep her flying and hope that the pounding she has taken did not ruin much more."

She pointed at her leg. "I am not much good at lifting things are crawling over the place like I am now.  But mr Strickland can do that while I help keep track on the dials and such. So where do we start?"

Garret Haskel
 player, 330 posts
Wed 29 Dec 2010
at 18:54
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
OOC:
The dice gods look upon me with ill favor. I was going to do two actions, parry and then push the trooper back; the parry obviously is going to fail.
13:49, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 0 (5 excluding the wild die) using 2 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}1,4. parry

Arbiter
 GM, 497 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 30 Dec 2010
at 16:16
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Haskel and the Stormtrooper rather... ineffectually slap at each other while the other two 'Troopers slip past and rush up to back up Jensen.

The Imperial officer is positively livid as he rounds on Roice, "Captain, what is going on with this ship?  It's bad enough that you give non-humans this much freedom, but to allow such an act to go unpunished?  Recognize that while we are currently at the mercy of your hospitality, we are heading to a rendezvous with Imperial ships.  I am willing to let this incident slide, but if one more thing like this occurs I will have no problem ordering my men to seize this ship and have you all brought up on charges of assault, your ship seized and searched for contraband, and each member of your crew submitted to interrogation as possible Rebel sympathizers.  Am I making myself clear, sir?"

Selous: Bola isn't responding to your knock.

Aggie and Strickland: Q7 points you in the direction of an access hatch.  "Main power trunk's though there.  It's a tight squeeze, but you can probably wedge yourself in there.  Take a meter and start checking relays, see if you can find any that are giving bad readings or are outright flatline."
Harry Selous
 player, 123 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 30 Dec 2010
at 18:22
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry shrugged as Bola ignored him and decided instead that he would just make sure Bola didn't do anything crazy. He leaned back against the wall outside Bola's room and waited, blaster in hand. He often found that the best way to keep a situation under control was to give a man a job and expect him to do it no matter what else was going on. Garret could handle the storm troopers, Roice could handle the officer. The techies could handle the life support, and Harry could keep Bola from sending it all down the shitter.
Agial'ili
 player, 236 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 30 Dec 2010
at 22:22
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
With a little help from Strickland she lowered herself to the floor and started opening the hatch, peering inside she wondered if she could get in in her current condition.

OOC: I can imagine that such a feat is beyond her current ability of locomotive action.
Arbiter
 GM, 498 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 30 Dec 2010
at 23:16
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
OOC: Yeah, the twisting alone would cause enough pain to probably make you faint.
Garret Haskel
 player, 331 posts
Fri 31 Dec 2010
at 16:40
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret plants both fists on the trooper's chestplate and pushes hard to get some space between him and his opponent.

"Stand down now Storm Trooper and call the other two back in here."

OOC: 11:36, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 31 using 5 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,6,6,{Wild}6(+5),2. brawling. 16:44, Today: Garret Haskel rolled 12 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 4,{Wild}3,5. command.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:49, Fri 31 Dec 2010.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 242 posts
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 02:18
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice looks at the officer, his face even.  After a moment of silence, he leans out into the gangway in an act of making sure Bola is out of earshot, then puts his finger to his lips and motions conspiratorially for the Imperial to step onto the bridge and join him.

"If I might explain..." he says quietly.
Arbiter
 GM, 499 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 05:52
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Jensen appears highly suspicious, but decides to follow.  The bridge hatch closes behind, causing him to miss Haskel forcibly shove the Stormtrooper, who goes reeling back and falls down the stairs to the deck below.

Before Haskel can finish talking, the other two 'Troopers jump on him, punching with armored fists.

OOC: 23:49, Today: Arbiter rolled 27 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,6,{Wild}6(+6+3). Trooper 2 Brawl.
23:49, Today: Arbiter rolled 11 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,{Wild}5,5. Trooper 1 Brawl.

Haskel: Either try to parry both (reducing your Brawling Parry by 1D for both rolls) or parry one and attempt to soak the damage from the other.  You're choice.

Selous: To join in or not to join in, that is the question.

Arbiter
 GM, 500 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 05:54
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The bridge hatch closes as Roice and Jensen enter the cockpit.  There are some muffled sounds outside, but the Imperial officer doesn't seem to notice.  "This had better be one excellent explanation, Captain," he says huffily.  "I've had about all I can stand of this crew of yours."
Roice Delfinn
 player, 243 posts
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 06:24
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Time to turn it on.

Roice slumps down into the pilot's chair.  "Ah.  Yes.  Crew."

He waves his hand dismissively and motions for Jensen to have a seat, then leans forward and says in a low, knowing voice, "Ex-cons, the lot of them--thus their surliness, and... how should I put it...  their diversity...?"

He motions with his fingers at his chin, pantomiming a Gungan's barbels, then does the same to the back of his head, as Lekku.

Without giving the officer a chance to break in, he continues.  "My employer (who at this time I believe would still want me to maintain his anonymity--you understand) holds in me a certain amount of trust that I will keep such ruffians in check, focused, and on task..."

He narrows his eyes.  "None of them are being paid for their services, if you catch my drift, sir."

He leans back and glances nonchalantly at the astronavigation computer.  "Besides, often the best way to acquire, ahem, employees of such disposition is to source them through their own kind...  If you catch my drift, sir."

He looks back and levels his gaze at Jensen.  "There is a reason why I knew my cargo bay could hold forty-plus... passengers...  If you catch my drift.  Sir."
Arbiter
 GM, 502 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 06:51
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Convicts and aliens and you let them have the run of this ship armed!?!" Jensen replies, incredulously.  "While I have little interest in just what your 'business' is--as long as it doesn't interfere with Imperial matters--I have to say that giving guns to someone as obviously unhinged as that Gungan is foolish at best."
Harry Selous
 player, 126 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 08:27
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry moved a bit closer to the fight.

"let's break it up fellas. No reason to start trouble. Break it up." he shouted over the din of the scuffle.



OOC- should I roll something for this?
Arbiter
 GM, 503 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 16:07
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
OOC: Make a Command roll
Harry Selous
 player, 127 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 18:21
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
You rolled 9 using 3 dice with the WEG Classic system ((2,4,{Wild}3))
Arbiter
 GM, 504 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 18:54
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
OOC: Yeah...  No...
Now hold on so we can see if Haskel gets beat up or not.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:55, Sat 01 Jan 2011.

Harry Selous
 player, 128 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 18:58
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
ooc- yeah, I figured.

Harry went back to his spot by Bola's door. If it looked like the storm troopers were going to kill Garret, then he'd step in and just blast em if he had to, but if they just roughed the other man up a little and then went on their way, he figured that'd be punishment enough in their eyes, and hopefully he wouldn't have to try and shoot 40 plus storm troopers.
Agial'ili
 player, 238 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 19:49
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
She shook her head: "I can't get into there Q7. It is to narrow for me in my current condition. Either you go or mr Strickland."

She looked towards the human: "I can tell you what you have to do, if you care to try"

Roice Delfinn
 player, 244 posts
Sat 1 Jan 2011
at 21:49
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice leans back in the chair and lets out a worlds-weary sigh.  "'Unhinged' doesn't describe the half of it," he says truthfully.

"But he's my best hunt--... uh, my best recruiter.  And believe me, his taste for credits outweighs his taste for violence.  Which is why he stood down back there."

He chuckles.  "It's ironic, really... He's afraid that Imperial bureaucracy might delay our operation when in reality it's that same Imperial bureaucracy that's our most loyal customer--"

He stops short and snaps his mouth shut, as if he's said too much.