3A: Delivering Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Harry Selous
 player, 134 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 12 Jan 2011
at 17:09
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Well, maybe you shouldn't have punched him after you blocked his punch." Harry shrugged, but still keeping his blaster pointed in the general vicinity of the storm troopers, "And we both know Bola isn't gonna take the hit for this. Not without trying to kill some of them anyway, and then we're all screwed cause they'd kill all of us for being associated with him."

Harry rolled his neck and sighed, "Besides, you got any other ideas of how to settle this? They do have a point about not killing you."
Arbiter
 GM, 518 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 14 Jan 2011
at 20:33
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Enough of this!" Jensen snaps in irritation, pushing past Haskel and Selous.  "Trooper, stand down.  This is neither the time nor the place.  There's barely enough air in here to breathe as it is, I don't need my men sucking away the last of the oxygen by starting a 'who has the bigger bantha' contest.  I thought you clones were conditioned better than this," the officer sniffs disdainfully.  "But I see you're simply more useless Clone War surplus."

The lead Stormtropper stiffens and bristles visibly at Jensen's jibe, but doesn't talk back.

"What?" Jensen sneers, seeing the soldier react, "You want to say something?  Perhaps teach me to watch what I say?  Well," he rubs the officer's patch on his chest, "It's nice to see some portion of your conditioning remains intact.  Now," he bellows, "Do as your told, Trooper, and resume your post!"

The tension in the air thickens as quickly as the oxygen level is depleting, but finally, after several long, silent seconds, the lead 'Trooper salutes Jensen rigidly and turns on his heel, stomping back down the stairs to the hold.  The others follow him without comment.

Jensen turns to face the crew, "I apologize for the unprofessional behavior of my men.  This patrol route isn't high priority and I'm afraid they've been sending us the dregs of the genepool, if you catch my meaning.  However," he cautions Roice while looking pointedly at Haskel and Selous, "It might be in your best interest, Captain, to order your men to stay clear of mine for the remainder of our trip.  We wouldn't want any more incidents marring our rapport, now would we?"

It's now cold enough on the ship that Jensen's words are punctuated by wisps of vapor as he speaks.
Garret Haskel
 player, 346 posts
Fri 14 Jan 2011
at 21:03
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"I wasn't aware that the Empire used clones still. I'll let someone else keep an eye on them until this trip is done."

Garret went back to his quarters, already tired of dealing with the stormtroopers.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 170 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 14 Jan 2011
at 21:18
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili:
"Al'right mr Strickland, here is what I want you to do. Follow that blue cable to the Grey box with the flashing lights you see. that will be the power convertor, now tweak that nob you see to the....."

OOC: 22:51, Today: Agial'ili rolled 25 using 5 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 2,2,3,3,{Wild}6(+6+3). starship repair through Proxy.

Sparks complies with the instructions.
21:17, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 16 using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 1,6,5,{Wild}4. Fault Finding?.
Arbiter
 GM, 520 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 14 Jan 2011
at 21:28
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Strickland and Aggie: Strickland examines the burned leads and is relieved to find that they're only singed, not melted.  A quick scouring with some steel wool (YES, THEY HAVE THIS IN THE FUTURE/PAST!) should clear the leads well enough to get power back to the life support systems.

OOC: Strickland, make a Technical roll to get it fixed.  I'll just assume Aggie hands you the necessary tool for the job.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 173 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 14 Jan 2011
at 22:16
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Confident they had found the problem, Sparks disconnected the offending leads and scrubbed the carbon scoring away, revealiing the bright copper underneath.
21:50, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 25 using 4 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 6,{Wild}6(+4),6,3. Technical +1D.

Old school was still cuttin' it.  Aggie was good, for a girl.  A repair droid might never have found this oxidised joint.  He quickly double checked the surrounding cables for further burn damage, before finishing up.

That should do it luv.  Nice work.
Agial'ili
 player, 242 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 14 Jan 2011
at 23:19
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Well done mr. Strickland. It seems that things are working again. I know who to ask for the next hard Technical job."

She looked towards the hard working Repair Droid, keeping her pocketcomp ready for translation.
"How do the other systems hold up Q7? Anything else that needs to be seen to immediately?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 30 posts
 Beedle boop!
Fri 14 Jan 2011
at 23:26
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Doesn't look like it, Legs," the astromech replies through his improvised speaker.  "Soon as what's-his-name there seals the relays back up and gets out of there, you can restart the system and see if it'll hold."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 174 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 14 Jan 2011
at 23:51
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks returns all the contacts to normal, gets out the crawlway and seals the hatch.

[comlink] Comm's to Bridge, repairs have been made and life support is being tested now.  Do you need me on the bridge? Engine room standing by.
Harry Selous
 player, 136 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Sat 15 Jan 2011
at 01:05
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
HArry lowered the blaster as the troopers headed back down in to the hold and leaned against the wall, breathing a sigh of relief.

"That could have turned out very poorly. I think we should take the officer's suggestion and maybe try not to poke the sleeping Kryat with a sharp stick." He said, watching as Garret headed back to his quarters and looking around to make sure Bola was inside.

Harry and flown with a lot of crews in his time, safari groups or otherwise, and he had to say, he wasn't sure how he'd somehow become the rational one.
Agial'ili
 player, 243 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sat 15 Jan 2011
at 08:46
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
She waited for Timothy to leave the hatch before saying: "Lets hope that your repair holds mr Strickland". Then she gingerly activated the life control again, hoping that nothing else would blow out when she did so.
Arbiter
 GM, 522 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 17 Jan 2011
at 17:22
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
To everyone's relief, there's a click and a soft hum that fills the ship as the lights come back on and the air scrubbers start diligently working on the foul, stale air.  It's still quite chilly on board, but the heaters are working overtime blasting hot air from the vents to try and bring the temperature back up.

Down in the hold, several of the naval officers utter cheers and praises to the repair crew.

Chatterbox reports that the rendezvous will be reached in approximately one hour.
Agial'ili
 player, 244 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 17 Jan 2011
at 23:33
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
She flashed Timothy a big grin. "Seems like that did the trick. But I will breathe more easier once we dock at the rendezvous point."
Arbiter
 GM, 523 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 19 Jan 2011
at 00:46
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
With the crew keeping to themselves and the Imperials staying in the hold, the remaining hour passes without further incident.  At the appointed coordinates, Roice brings the ship out of hyperspace.

A short flight at sublight brings into view another conspicuous sign of Imperial presence and power.  A huge, sprawling space dock, with two Star Destroyers (they look to be the two you left earlier at the checkpoint) docked and several smaller craft orbiting, hangs in deep space.

"Hey, folks!" Chatterbox chirps, "Gettin' a signal from the station!"

He patches through the stern message broadcast from the space dock.  "Unidentified ship, you are ordered to stop all engines and prepare to be boarded.  Proceed further and you will be fired upon."

"Allow me," Jensen says, picking up a headset and activating the comm.  "This is Commander Jensen of the VIC Stalwart.  Security code Alpha-4-5-3-T.  Ship is non-hostile, carrying survivors from a Rebel sneak attack.  Captain Bett of the Broadsword will confirm this."

A moment passes, then a second voice says, "This is Bett.  Confirmed.  Glad you made it Jensen."

Another moment, then from the space dock: "Very well.  Authentication confirmed.  Ship, you are clear to dock in bay 47."

Jensen removes the headset, "Once again, Captain, I'd like to thank you for your timely rescue.  I'll make note of you and your ship's service to the Empire in my official report." He nods curtly to Roice and leaves the bridge, returning to the hold with the rest of his men.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 248 posts
Wed 19 Jan 2011
at 03:54
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"No worries, Lieutenant.  Best of luck to you."

He stands on the catwalk and watches the troopers and crewmen line up.


"Oh, Lieutenant...  About our repairs...?"

This message was last edited by the player at 03:56, Wed 19 Jan 2011.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 175 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 19 Jan 2011
at 09:17
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice Delfinn:
"No worries, Lieutenant.  Best of luck to you."

He stands on the catwalk and watches the troopers and crewmen line up.



"Oh, Lieutenant...  About our repairs...?"

And those medical supplies... retorts Sparks,who has returned to the bridge to bid farewell to our guests.
Arbiter
 GM, 524 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 19 Jan 2011
at 16:47
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Jensen takes a moment to look over Strickland's data.  "Thank you, that will be very useful.  Transfer it to a datadisc and I'll take it with me."

On his way out he replies to Roice and Strickland's requests with a simple, "I will see that you are taken care of.  Loyal citizens of the Empire are hard to come by these days."
Harry Selous
 player, 137 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 19 Jan 2011
at 20:29
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry stood beside Roice on the catwalk and spoke just loud enough for his captain to hear him, "I really hate that phrase. 'Taken care of' could mean anything from giving us a star destroyer to blowing us out an air lock."

He grunted disapproval and gripped his blaster a little tighter. If the empire did intend to kill them, he'd take a few with him.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 176 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 19 Jan 2011
at 20:49
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Arbiter:
Jensen takes a moment to look over Strickland's data.  "Thank you, that will be very useful.  Transfer it to a datadisc and I'll take it with me."

Sparks quickly uploads his sensor readings onto the Commanders data stick,
putting it in Jensen's hand before he leaves.
Happy hunting Commander delivers Sparks in a dead-pan way.
Agial'ili
 player, 245 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 19 Jan 2011
at 21:10
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The last hour she had spend in trying to get a good idea which parts of the ship were in desperate need of repair. Which components needed to be replaced and such. Knowing that once she opened up the panels, more surprises would emerge quickly. In old ships like this, surprises always happened when you started to look for them.
Garret Haskel
 player, 347 posts
Thu 20 Jan 2011
at 01:03
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret came out of his quarters when the ship landed to let off the imperials they had rescued; this time armed with the antique blaster rifle (set to stun) in case some of those stormtroopers were too eager for round two.
Arbiter
 GM, 525 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 20 Jan 2011
at 16:16
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret Haskel:
Garret came out of his quarters when the ship landed to let off the imperials they had rescued; this time armed with the antique blaster rifle (set to stun) in case some of those stormtroopers were too eager for round two.

You search for the old droid rifle, but can't seem to find it anywhere.
Garret Haskel
 player, 348 posts
Thu 20 Jan 2011
at 22:32
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
OOC: Same action, but he stays further back to avoid anymore trouble.
Arbiter
 GM, 526 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Thu 20 Jan 2011
at 22:54
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Once the ramp opens the Imperials begin filing out of the ship, the Stormtroopers in rigid, marching cadence, the naval officers in a less orderly group.  Several of the naval men offer a small nod or smile of thanks to the crew as they pass by.

As soon as the troops are off the ship, a gaggle of men in workers coveralls scurry up the ramp and spread out through the hold.  One of them, apparently the guy in charge if mustache size is any indication, looks up at the group of you on the gangplank and says, "Yeah, I got a work request for a refuel and refurb on this YV-100.  Which one of you is the captain?"
Agial'ili
 player, 246 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Thu 20 Jan 2011
at 23:20
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
She saw the troopers leaving and opened the hatch to the engineering section. Curious to see what is going to happen next.