3A: Delivering Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Roice Delfinn
 player, 256 posts
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 00:02
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice goes to the table of leftover junk from the gravity shenanigans from earlier, and pieces through the pile.  "Selous," he shouts.  "Medkit remains here."

He squints at the packs.  "What exactly do you need these for?"
Harry Selous
 player, 154 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 00:34
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry smiles brightly, "What I need from them is the sedatives. Sleeping pills, that sort of thing. What I need them for, well, I got a pet... sort of." He shouts back to the captain.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 257 posts
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 01:26
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice blinks and says numbly, "You got what now?"
Harry Selous
 player, 155 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 01:45
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"A pet. You know, a love able animal that follows you around loyally? Like a dog or a cat, only this one's got nasty teeth, a mean disposition, and a hunger for as much of just about anything he can fit in his mouth. I think I'm gonna call him Chomper." Harry says, chuckling.

Harry hardly ever seems actually happy, but right now that's the only word that can describe him.

"Anyway, I need sedatives to knock him out so I can patch up his leg, and wire or rope to make a leash. Then I figure he'll stay in one of the empty crew compartments." He says, outlining his plan, "And if it doesn't take kindly to being owned, I can always shoot it." He adds the last part with a little less enthusiasm, but his desire to have a pet doesn't change his views on things. In all likely hood, the plan wouldn't work, or the captain wouldn't allow it, and if it came to that, well, they couldn't just let the animal run loose on the ship.
Agial'ili
 player, 255 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 07:58
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili looked a bit surprised at the suggestion. "Well, we do have spare wiring and such but in the yellow locker there are ropes, chains and bands to secure the cargo with. Depends on what you need. I also got strips of RancorTape and wire slip plasticele to tidy up wires." She vaguely gestured towards the locker in question, trying to hide her curiosity.


Advertisement:
RancorTapetm, when you need to secure things that even the mighty Ducks can't hold.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:01, Mon 31 Jan 2011.

Timothy Strickland
 player, 193 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 09:33
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili:
Advertisement:
RancorTapetm, when you need to secure things that even the mighty Ducks can't hold.

Arhhhh, Duct Tape, yes, uhhmm.
A light side has it,
a dark side has it,
binds the universe together it does.
Celeberity Endorsement by Jedi Grand Master Joda.

Harry Selous
 player, 156 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 14:08
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Thanks." Harry said to the mechanic before tearing in to the yellow locker. He grabbed chains and bands to secure them with, since a) chains looked scarier then rope when they were wrapped around a snarling animal's neck, and b) it'd be harder for Chomper to chew through them.

He headed off quickly to get the sedatives from Roice.

"When I get him knocked out and patched up, you can all have a look at him." Harry said, his hand extended to the captain in order to get the sedatives. He wondered if the captain would have a problem with an animal on the ship.
Arbiter
 GM, 548 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Wed 2 Feb 2011
at 22:37
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Selous gets the sedatives from Roice.

OOC: Moving thing's along...
Harry Selous
 player, 158 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Thu 3 Feb 2011
at 04:33
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry went back to where the animal was. It was time to see if he was as good at controlling animals as he was with killing them.
Harry Selous
 player, 159 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 4 Feb 2011
at 18:12
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry left the room he had been milling about in, only this time, he was carrying a passed out sand slasher with a bandage wrapped around one leg, and a chain looped around his neck.

"Everybody, this is Chomper" He called, heading for the the quarters.

He opened his room and began to enter, looking to see if there was anything to tie the other end of the chain to.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:40, Fri 04 Feb 2011.

Arbiter
 GM, 549 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 4 Feb 2011
at 18:22
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Selous: You secure the chain to the leg of the bunk.  There's not much in the spare quarters except the rolled up bedding, so not much to worry about getting chewed up should Chomper feel a bit "frisky" upon waking.
Harry Selous
 player, 161 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 4 Feb 2011
at 18:40
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry leaves, closes the opening to the room, and heads up to the bridge, where he takes a seat.

"So Sparks, hows the other checks goin? Anybody found anything?" He asked.
Agial'ili
 player, 258 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 4 Feb 2011
at 23:25
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Erm hi chomper", he said as she made sure to keep her distance from the vicious beast. "So, how did you manage to capture it?"
Harry Selous
 player, 163 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Fri 4 Feb 2011
at 23:50
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry chuckles a bit before he replies, "Capture isn't really the word for it. I think he got stuck on board after Strickland's crazy moves back on that spice planet. I just stuck some of the sleeping pills in a bit of the MREs he was chowin down on, and he passed out."

He scratched his chin, "I'm gonna need something to make bandages out of, like more strips of cloth from any extra clothes we've got, but other then that, we'll see how he feels when he wakes up. If I can't get him to relax a little, then I'll put him down, but having a little extra security on board and on our trips planet side might be nice."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 196 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 6 Feb 2011
at 20:14
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry Selous:
Harry leaves, closes the opening to the room, and heads up to the bridge, where he takes a seat.

"So Sparks, hows the other checks goin? Anybody found anything?" He asked.


All clean.  No trackers, no transponders.  I need a portable spectrum ananlyser to cover the final 0.002% of possibilities, but that can wait.


I have to see legs about the 'kill switch'.  I have an idead.  Oh and by the way, if that 'dog' messes with me I'll kill it.  No offence.  Sparks squeezes out a thin humurless smile.

Sparks leaves to find Agail'ili in engineering.
Agial'ili
 player, 259 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Sun 6 Feb 2011
at 20:48
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Still looking at the nasty critter from the entrance of the engine room, Agial'ili shook her head in amazement wondering why anybody would want such a pet. Then she noticed Timothy.

"Hello mr Strickland, can I do something for you?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 197 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Sun 6 Feb 2011
at 22:33
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili:
"Hello mr Strickland, can I do something for you?"


I'm trying to tune into my favourite holonet channel, and I'm getting this intermittant electrical interference which is ruining my picture!  My scans show that it's coming from in here somewhere!  Have you been messing about with stuff again!  I'm going for a root around to fix it!
Chatterbox
 NPC, 24 posts
 The "brains"
 of the outfit...
Mon 7 Feb 2011
at 17:23
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Hey, everybody, just thought I'd pass along the good news!" Chatterbox chirps through the newly-repaired speaker system.  "According to Q7's estimates, we should reach our destination in about a day!  Nothing like a full tank of fuel and zipping along main hyperspace lanes to cut out extraneous travel time, huh?"
Agial'ili
 player, 260 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Mon 7 Feb 2011
at 23:27
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili looked completely baffled by Timothy's remark. They had just made sure that the transport could reach it's destination. The idea of messing with the delicate interior for a soap show was something that she could not understand in the least.

So her eyes grew wide in alarm as she said: "Mr. Strickland, the ship is just hyperspace capable again. Could this not wait until we make a successful landing? I rather not mess around with things right now/ Who knows what might burn out next!"

Timothy Strickland
 player, 198 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 00:10
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili:
"Mr. Strickland, the ship is just hyperspace capable again. Could this not wait until we make a successful landing? I rather not mess around with things right now/ Who knows what might burn out next!"


Sparks pops the panel, cocks an ear and shushes Agail'ili with a finger on the lips.
"Ssshhh.  Listen..."
Arbiter
 GM, 552 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 00:15
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
There's silence in the room for a moment, then a slight, electrical "Pop" as the unshielded wire discharges.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 199 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 00:56
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Arbiter:
There's silence in the room for a moment, then a slight, electrical "Pop" as the unshielded wire discharges.

That's it!  That's it!
Sparks reaches in and fixes the problem quickly.
"Gotcha you little blighter!"  He waits again for a few minutes in silence.  If nothing happens, he'll put the panel back and stomp back to the bridge.
Arbiter
 GM, 553 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 01:59
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The wire sits silently, making no further attempts to disrupt Strickland's "stories".  Although it does bend in a mildly accusing manner, perhaps resenting its rough treatment at his hands.
Agial'ili
 player, 261 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 8 Feb 2011
at 20:54
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili shook her head in amazement. The man had not even taken the slightest precaution. The wire could have been part of an important system or it could have a lethal current running through it. However she bit her tongue and refrained from commenting the foolish behavior. All this for a silly holo net show?
Roice Delfinn
 player, 258 posts
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 02:11
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Lock it in and let's fire it up, boys," says Roice to the droids.  "Unless you need me to babysit the board, I'm going to get some sleep.  Hopefully when I wake up the circus will have moved on and taken all the wild animals with it."