3A: Delivering Stock.   Posted by Arbiter.Group: 0
Harry Selous
 player, 164 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 11:20
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Sleep sounds like a plan." Harry said, standing from his seat on the bridge and heading for his bunk. When he got inside, he'd check on Chomper, see if the bandage needed to be changed yet, and then head to sleep, sleeping on the top bunk rather then the bottom on, just to ensure that he was out of reach of the Sand Slasher.
Agial'ili
 player, 262 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 20:44
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Captain, who is going to be in control while we sleep?"
Q7-P10
 NPC, 32 posts
 Beedle boop!
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 20:47
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"What am I, chopped Rancor?" Q7 replies over the speaker, while physically blowing a Binary raspberry.  "You folks get some rest, I'll make sure we don't fly through a supernova or somethin'..."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 200 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 20:55
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Q7-P10:
"What am I, chopped Rancor?" Q7 replies over the speaker, while physically blowing a Binary raspberry.  "You folks get some rest, I'll make sure we don't fly through a supernova or somethin'..."

Women eh?  Can't live with 'em.  Can't kill 'em (and get away with it)!
Sparks turns in for some shut-eye.
Agial'ili
 player, 263 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 21:48
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Sorry Q7, I guess I turn in as well. I need a lot of rest for my injury to heal properly"

With the crutches she hobbled to her bunk to get sleep and rest. But she made sure to fasten the acceleration webbings. If for some reason the ship was tossed around again, she had no intention of breaking more bones.
Garret Haskel
 player, 358 posts
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 21:51
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret was half-slouched and asleep in the chair he'd put at the bottom of the ladder to the turret.
Arbiter
 GM, 556 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Fri 18 Feb 2011
at 17:57
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
It's been a long couple of days, and the exhausted crew sinks gratefully into slumber while Q7 and Chatterbox ensure that the ship reaches its destination without further incident.  Oddly, the return trip is completely uneventful.  You've all gotten so used to random interruptions that it's almost unsettling to have such a long, unbroken period without chaos, mayhem, or drama.

Although Selous' new pal does nearly gnaw through the bunk leg it's tied to, shreds the bedding it can reach and deposits a large, steaming "present" for him in the corner...  Ah, life with a pet...

Chatterbox wakes you all while the ship is still in Hyperspace, but only a couple of hours out from the coordinates provided by Bola.  It's enough time for everyone to hit the 'Fresher and grab something to eat--not that there's much left after Chomper went through the food supply earlier.

Bola comes out of his cabin and mutters something caustic about the ship reeking of Imps and slouches into his accustomed seat on the bridge as Roice brings the ship back to normal space.  Those of you on the bridge are greeted by the disheartening view of black, empty space.  There's no sign of another ship, a planet, a moon, or even a space station.  Q7 reports that the coordinates are accurate and Bola insists that he didn't give the navicomp the wrong numbers.
Roice Delfinn
 player, 259 posts
Fri 18 Feb 2011
at 18:39
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Stay sharp, everybody.  Sparks, what do you see?"
Garret Haskel
 player, 361 posts
Fri 18 Feb 2011
at 18:48
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Garret climbed back into the turret and activated the systems. He rotated the turret so he could scan the area.

"I see a whole lot of nothing. You sure the Gungan gave us the right coordinates?"
Timothy Strickland
 player, 202 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Fri 18 Feb 2011
at 20:31
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks begins a general scan of this eara of space.

[3 rolls for interlocking, multispectrum, full 360 degree sweep, a 'long' action].

20:26, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 24 using 6 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 5,{Wild}5,5,1,4,3.
20:25, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 22 using 6 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 3,6,{Wild}4,3,1,4.
20:25, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 8 (12 excluding the wild die) using 6 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 4,2,2,1,{Wild}1,2. Sensors.

Agial'ili
 player, 265 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Fri 18 Feb 2011
at 23:08
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Agial'ili hobbled to a free seat, making sure that she is webbed in. She had not forgotten the wild maneuvering a few days before and she had the feeling that sooner or later the pilot would be engaging in high G turns again and she had no intention to be caught by surprise again.
Harry Selous
 player, 165 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Mon 21 Feb 2011
at 09:50
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry sat calmly in his chair. Chomper was still locked away in the tiny room. He wasn't the best disciplined animal in the world, but Harry was working on that, trying to get a litter box sort of system worked out, and generally trying to ensure that the animal knew who was boss.

For now though, that issue was tabled, in preference for the one they were currently confronted with.

"Nothin? Bola, what was supposed to be here?" He asked, figuring that the gungun probably knew more then he was saying, as usual.
Tarsk Bola
 NPC, 36 posts
 Yoosa best stay outta
 my way...
Mon 21 Feb 2011
at 16:16
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
'S'pose bein' a ship waitin'..." the Gungan mutters, apparently unconcerned.  "Mebbe if yoosa not be takin' so long playin' nurse to da Imps it'd still bein' here..."

He waves a hand to get Strickland's attention.  "Hey, meat, yoosa sendin' out a signal on this freq," he rattles off a comm frequency.  "Sendin' two short pulses, three long.  If theysa hearin', theysa sendin' back three short pulses."
Timothy Strickland
 player, 203 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Mon 21 Feb 2011
at 16:59
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Tarsk Bola:
'S'pose bein' a ship waitin'..." the Gungan mutters, apparently unconcerned.  "Mebbe if yoosa not be takin' so long playin' nurse to da Imps it'd still bein' here..."

He waves a hand to get Strickland's attention.  "Hey, meat, yoosa sendin' out a signal on this freq," he rattles off a comm frequency.  "Sendin' two short pulses, three long.  If theysa hearin', theysa sendin' back three short pulses."

Sparks eye's thin, his face contorts in a spasmodic twitch, and through gritted teeth he repeats, Two short pulses, three long, with three short pulses back. staring at Bola the whole time.

Sparks get's right on it.  Anything unusuall about this frequency?
16:57, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 27 using 6 dice with the WEG Classic system with rolls of 4,1,1,5,5,{Wild}6(+5). Comm's.
Arbiter
 GM, 558 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Mon 21 Feb 2011
at 17:22
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The signal doesn't appear special.  In fact, it's an open frequency.  Not one you recognize, but definitely nothing encrypted.  It's most likely an older band that's fallen out of use, making it ideal for sending coded messages between ships engaged in illicit activity without having to make sure every smuggler in the Corporate Sector had high-end decryption gear installed on their ships.

You send the signal and, after about five minutes of tense, silent waiting, the aforementioned reply code is received.

"Now weesa waitin'..." Bola says.  "Shouldn't be long..."
Garret Haskel
 player, 362 posts
Mon 21 Feb 2011
at 17:32
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Turret online and at full power."

He was prepared to fire back at anyone or anything that shoots first.
Agial'ili
 player, 267 posts
 Blue and a Tech Wiz
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 16:43
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Checking her buckles again, Agial'ili could do nothing but watch for whatever was going to happen now. Yet she was starting to feel very nervous so she asked:

"Should we not plan a hyperspace escape jump just in case?"
Arbiter
 GM, 559 posts
 The whispering winds
 of Fate...
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 18:37
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Right on the tail of Aggie's question, a ship emerges from Hyperspace nearly on top of the Sun Tracker.  It's Splynn's yacht, the one that you all traveled together on what feels like years ago.

Proximity warnings blare as the ship skims within shouting distance, coming to a full stop a few hundred meters away, behind where the YV-100 is currently parked.
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 22 posts
 It's just business...
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 18:37
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
The comms crackle and a familiar voice filters through the speakers.  "Well, better late then never, eh?" Galor Splynn says, his tone pleasant.  "Glad to see you made it in one piece--at least, it looks like it from out here.  How was your expedition?  Profitable, I hope?  Were our friends pleased with the goods I sent in trade?"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:38, Tue 22 Feb 2011.

Roice Delfinn
 player, 260 posts
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 19:06
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Roice nods to Sparks and says, "Open it."

He toggles the microphone.  "Pleased enough.  Their response was as enthusiastic as can be expected.  Awaiting orders."
Galor Splynn
 NPC, 23 posts
 It's just business...
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 20:19
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"No rush, Captain Delfinn," Splynn replies.  "I'm well aware of your ship's inability to unload efficiently in a vacuum.  I've invited a friend to join us.  He should be arriving shortly..."

Roughly three seconds after he finishes, another ship falls out of hyperspace.  It's a big old bulk cruiser, big enough to house both ships in the titanic cargo bay that is slowly opening as it approaches.

"Meet me inside, Captain, and we'll conclude our business in more comfortable surroundings."

His yacht accelerates towards the cruiser.
Harry Selous
 player, 166 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Tue 22 Feb 2011
at 21:38
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry mused as he listened and watched. The big freighter might be a welcome relief, so long as Splynn's friends didn't try to double cross them once everything was unloaded.
Timothy Strickland
 player, 204 posts
 Ex-Imperial AWOL Tech.
 Washed-up drunkard bum!
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 01:51
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Sparks scans the large bulk freight for 'surprises', both internal and external, as they approach.
01:20, Today: Timothy Strickland rolled 17 using 5 dice and +1 pips with the WEG Classic system with rolls of {Wild}5,2,2,4,3. Sensors (Scan).

You maybe wanna stay at the wheel this time Captain.  We can handle this.  CBox, purging all your temperary buffers.  Bringing your cycyle time up to maximium.... now. 

Bola, you better get you Boss' stuff from the compartment. Sparks stares at the Gungan until he leaves the bridge.
[Comlink: Harry get chomper, we'll need him.  Garret fire up the speeder, we'll need that, even to move the spice this short distancemeet. Meet me in the lounge.]  Sparks does not move.
Harry Selous
 player, 167 posts
 Killer of beasts
 sentients not excluded
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 09:36
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
Harry smiles when Sparks starts talking. Harry likes plans, especially when they involve things like wild animals and speeders inside space ships. Crazy plans were fun plans.

Harry stood and headed for his quarters, trying to grab the metal chain that made up Chomper's leash, trying to wrap it around his less dominant wrist. That way, the animal would be secure so long as Harry wanted it to be, and he still had his predominant hand to aim with.
Garret Haskel
 player, 363 posts
Wed 23 Feb 2011
at 14:37
Re: 3A: Delivering Stock
"Understood."

Garret shut down the turret and slid down the ladder. He went to the speeder, and begins the start up sequence. Once that is done and the speeder idling Garret goes to the lounge to wait.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:35, Wed 23 Feb 2011.